Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 9 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 14, 2007 03:53PM

When I started raw foods almost 5 years ago, I weighed 236 lbs. and for me it had so much more to do with the state of my health. I couldn't walk a 1/2 block, I could not get off the couch unless I got down on all 4's and then got up, my back hurt so much I could not lay on my back for a few years by that time, and so the list goes on from there..I was close to dying I think.

Then I tried Iron, it was the first thing since being in that ill health I'd tried, except for some useless diets like Atkins, and Slim Fast that didn't do a thing for me. In 3 days the iron helped so much it was hard to believe and hard to understand how Dr.'s that I went to for thyroid meds, didn't know I needed at least iron. I megadosed with it for a years, and during that year I found raw foods. I lost 71 lbs. and the health started to get renewed!

Then I found the cleanses, and Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, the great parasite cleanse, now the Iodine! I'm very happy about all these discoveries.

I know how hard it is, I really do. I still have weight to lose, I still have rebuilding to do, and I still have some health issues. The thing is, I know now I can do something about my health and it's up to me and that's a really good feeling.

I hope you will check out the Iodine supplementation forum, it really is full of useful information, even if you don't start or ever take Iodine.

My son is detoxing in a big way thru his problems with his teeth, gums and mouth. The problems are clearing up somewhat but it's going to be a diligent quest for him, and he's started with the water pik and hydrogen peroxide, and then scraped some hardened plaque off one tooth that looked like a glacier had built up on his molar..never saw anything like it! But it made a gum receded, a space near tooth and gumline where some of the hardened tartar came off. I have that book, Money by the Mouthful and it has a protocol for caring for problems in the mouth, teeth and gums, etc. It goes right along with our raw foods diet too. No conflict at all.

I think you are doing really great Pam, and yes isn't the increased energy terrific! We don't have tv since we moved, it's been just over a month and you know..I missed it at first, but I like not having it now. I do more, go to bed earlier and feel more energetic when I do wake up!

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 14, 2007 04:48PM

thank-you karen and prisim for your comments. I slept in this day and am just going to have a great day outside. I have a lot of things I need to get done out doors. It is really a nice day no rain just clear skys. It is rare to have blue skys here in Washington State. I have scoped out my garden site and have to do some clearing for the green house. I will have to level an area and place some cinder blocks down for the foundation. I did'nt want the green house to be directly on the ground. Yesterday I aquired a truckload of planting trays and pots at a local yard sale. I am hhoping to grow flowers also. I have a lot of leavs to rake up and intend on compsting them throughout the winter in the garden area so I have to move the leaves to that area. I have a lot of clay in the earth here and that is not a healthy soil to grow in. I have a lot to learn about growing.
This morning I just ate some fruit but I bought a cocoanut that was white. I want to crack it open today and see what is inside. I want the water I am not sure what to do with it should I make a fruit smoothie or a green smoothie with it. Maybe a smoothie with spinach in it would be good spinach is so mild I think that is what I'll do got to go for now later on the smoothie though.
Have a great sunday all

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 14, 2007 04:51PM

Prism, btw, I heard that CoQ10 can reattach gums to teeth and knew someone who got a spray supplement and sprayed it on her teeth and it worked! I also recently saw a toothpaste at The Vitamin Shoppe with CoQ10 in it that I thought might help reattach gums also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 04:52PM by karennd.

Date: October 15, 2007 05:09AM

Today I worked on the garden area. I had to prepare the place for the green house and I cemented in the cinder blocks. Even though I really didnt know what I was doing it turned out o.k. I will need to plade the base frame on the blocks and then the body of the green house. I am excited to have a green house. I need to clear more of the area where the garden will be and fence it off. I am very tired now that is good too because I need to get some exersize.

I did'nt keep a good track of what I ate but it was mostly fruit. I had some salad and some of the marinated mushrooms. The coconut was good. I blended it with the water and some bananas and strawberries yum
Tomorrow I have a busy day with job hunting and an interview.

Date: October 15, 2007 04:21PM

I'm going to the Whole Foods Market today, and I'll see if I can find that CoQ10 spray for him. He's really getting into the being healthier thing..so thankful for that!

Oh..your very own green house and it will truly be yours..since you are doing the work..it's very satisfying isn't it?!

Love,
Prism

Date: October 15, 2007 04:56PM

Wow, you are making me feel lazy, pam, with all your garden preparation work. Here's hoping the job hunting goes well.

Date: October 16, 2007 05:35AM

Today was a very busy one indeed. I had my local tops meeting in the morning than had a short break and then drove into the city for an assessment meeting to see if I qualify for some sort of job training. I had an interview later on the other side of the world for a job. Well ladies I got a job. It is with the safeway store and I will get insurance and dental. thatsw just what I really need is the dental. I met one of the gals I will be working with and she seemed real nice. Thats always a good sign. The bad thing is I will be working in the bakery boiling doughnuts in oil. It really goes against what I have been learning with eating raw foods I really don't want to encourage doughnuts but I really need some sort of income and insurance.
Today is a weigh in day at tops and for the first time I have a 1/4 th pound gain. I am a little upset about that yet at least it was not a large gain. I am sure I will lose again. I have a long way to go.
I dodn't get any chance to go outside to work out in the garden but my muscles are aching a little from yesterdays workout. I did a streatch workout in the morning though. It is raining again and I heard a storme is working its way here. I still intend to get some work done outside even though it is raining.

Todays food

In the morning I had some romaine lettuce with some raw kimche
about three bananas
broccoli with oil vineger dressing
a orange.
That doesn't seem like a lot but I feel fine I am going to have to work on eating more greens

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 16, 2007 01:59PM

hey Pam smiling smiley dont stress over the 1.4lb there can be all sorts of reasons for it but they really dont matter anyways smiling smiley

way to go on the job ! once you have your foot in the door maybe you can keep on the pressure to get into the produce section or somehting besides donuts .. i feel for you on that one lol . .. but glad you got something with some benefits thats excellent smiling smiley

just start wowwing them with your fruit and veggie knowledge and maybe they will see to it that they redepartment you there grinning smiley maybe tell the manager everynow and then that you would love to do product presentations there .. you know where they have those little tables and people can try a new dip or something

cant wait to see your garden project grow are you taking pics? smiling smiley

oh ..

and ..

get more greens in ya ! tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 16, 2007 04:17PM

Yay, yay, yay - happy dancing! You got a job, with dental benefits! I hope you can go to a dentist soon.

Now you will be impressing all your coworkers with your healthy eating and you will be spreading the word about raw foods and hopefully get switched to the produce section soon.

Congrats!

Date: October 16, 2007 04:47PM

When the gal was interviewing me she asked her final question "what would I enjoy doing" I said I would love to work in the produce section so she wrote that in my file. I will be working just four hours and it starts at 3am yikes!!!!!!!! I will have to have some training also and that will possible be during the day. I also may have some sort of lead for going to school. I am not sure if I would be illegable for grants or scolarships but it is a good start for this old gal.

I have found some local apples and now have a lot of apples. I am wondering if I should attempt a mono thing for a while or just eat a lot of apples. I do know of a liver cleanse that calls for drinking lots of apple juice. the apples have malic acid in them that softens stones that develope in the liver,gallbladder and other places. Than there is a drink that helps pass the stones. I have not done this but it sounds interesting. I am sure I have stones in my liver from my past eating habits. It is actually fairly simple to do and not require expensive items. Maybe I could do this.

Date: October 17, 2007 05:30AM

Well today I got a call about a different job which paid about 2.50m per hor more. It is working with R.E.I. a sporting goods store mostly for camping and hiking. I would love to work there much more than frying doughnuts. That job is only temporary and also gives insurance to employees. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed but the doughnut job is more permanant and I may need to have some long term work done on my teeth. I also am persueing some sort of schooling and with the doughnut job I will be able to have time available to go to school. So many options are popping up.

Todays food
two apples
two bananas
cucumber
squash
some mango yum
and popcorn with brewers yeast not raw and I don't think I will be able to eat it it made my stomach hure real bad

Date: October 17, 2007 01:39PM

It's good to have options! How long is the temporary job for and do they think it might work into a permanent job?

Date: October 17, 2007 03:57PM

hehe yep when it rains it pours doesnt it ? tongue sticking out smiley are you sure the sporting store cant work around your possible future schedual? it sure sounds like a better place to be .. hmmm

choices choices !

Date: October 17, 2007 04:26PM

Oh my gosh..that is great news Pam. If you are having options come in all the better! There may be even another better more suitable job that comes in..when things are starting to right themselves, it seems serendipity steps in and gives you just what you need.

If you get that so very important dental insurance where-ever you work, try to buy a little book called Money by the Mouthful, you might even find it on Amazon.com as a used book, very inexpensive and so worthwhile to learn about holistic dentistry, and a protocol to heal and care for you teeth as you get what is needed done at the dentist.

The sun is sure out today Pam..bright and sunny, with a few clouds now and then it hides behind..but when it's out I can feel its warmth thru the window where I sit at the computer.

Love,
Prism

Date: October 17, 2007 04:35PM

I thought I'd post this link to an article, very simple and easy to read so you may already know all this, on how dental insurance works [chetday.com]

Date: October 17, 2007 05:27PM

Have you seen this website? [www.oilpulling.com]

He says oil pulling helps to heal many diseases. I may have to start trying it!

Here's an excerpt.

In the morning before breakfast on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon in the mouth but do not swallow it. Move Oil Slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing and Dr Karach puts it as ' sip, suck and pull through the teeth' for fifteen to twenty minutes. This process makes oil thoroughly mixed with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood. The oil must not be swallowed, for it has become toxic. As the process continues, the oil gets thinner and white. If the oil is still yellow, it has not been pulled long enough.It is then spit from the mouth , the oral cavity must be thoroughly rinsed and mouth must be washed thoroughly. Just use normal tap water and good old fingers to clean.

Clean the sink properly, you can use some antibacterial soap to clean the sink. Because the spittle contains harmful bacteria and toxic bodily waste. If one were to see one drop of this liquid magnified 600 times under a microscope, one would see microbes in their first stage of development.

It is important to understand that during the oil-pulling/swishing process one's metabolism is intensified. This leads to improved health. One of the most striking results of this process is the fastening of loose teeth, the elimination of bleeding gums and the visible whitening of the teeth.

The oil pulling /swishing is done best before breakfast. To accelerate the healing process, it can be repeated three times a day, but always before meals on an empty stomach.

Date: October 17, 2007 07:12PM

What kind of oil will you use karen? I have just gotten some coldpressed sesamee seed oil and have been doing it again but not relegiously every morning thanks for the post though and I am off to look at the web page.

Date: October 17, 2007 08:03PM

I might try the sunflower oil since I tested as allergic to sesame seeds years ago. Just to play it safe. I will probably wait until the weekend to try it. I might also try that salt in water cleanse that someone posted - 2 T in 12 ounces of water then lay on right side for 30 minutes (near toilet). Have you heard of that?

Date: October 18, 2007 03:30AM

I havent heard of the salt cleanse. oil pulling is not to hard. It really brightens the teeth and cleans inbetween the teeth. I have many rotten teeth and it really helps with cleaning them out. I used sunflower oil and it leaves a freash tast afterwards like sunflowers yum. oil pulling is even mentioned in a book written by andreas Moritz called "the liver cleanse" It is a very interesting book and he talks a lot about stones that have formed in our liver and other places and even gives a way to expell them. I had an experiance of expelling some stones a while back and it gave a bose in energy. It is not expensive to do, he uses epsin salts and oil and grapefruit juice.

Todays food intake
juiced orange and grapefruit
it taste so good I juiced some more yum
banana
apple
salad with avacado, dandilion, tomatoe and oil vinerer dressing
I had a craving for olives and went to the store and got some olives and marinated mushrooms I sont think they are raw

Tomorrow I have a meeting with someone concerning schooling and is there is any hope lol I am crossing my fingers and toes for some guidance and help

since I have been raw my perspective has changed on all sorts of things. I am not sure just what I want to do. I really enjoy working with people and being active. I also enjoy earning more money than 8.00 per hour. I am not sure just what I would want to do. Any suggestions from you all? I really would like to look into massage and also perhaps a med aid or nurse. I just don't know. I went to school a while back to be a legal assistant but realized real fast that that was not an area I would want to work. I dont make a good sales person because I would rather just give it away lol.

Another thought I have been having is to search for some sort of spiritual guidance. In the past I have been involved in christian churches. In fact when I was younger I wanted to be an misionary of sorts. I even went to mexico and europe working with a church group. I have had some bad experiances with churches and sort of have withdrawn from christianity. I am searshing for something for a spiritual guidance I am sure I will find some place to have this need met.
Another thought I think I have mentioned that I am a very negative person however I am being chalenged in this and I have been saying some positive afirmations in the morning and before bed. I still feel a little sich in the stomach to say positive things however it is becoming easier to do. We have the ability to change. I am grateful for this
Life is good being raw. Its more that eating it deals with a whole person. If someone can heal a disease perhaps my spirit can be healed.

It is good to be raw.

Date: October 18, 2007 04:48AM

I wanted to be a missionary doctor when I was young and go to Yemen where the doctors to people ratio was the lowest. Then I thought I wasn't smart enough to be a doctor, so I dropped that idea.

Jodi went to school to be a massage therapist. She could probably give you advice in that area.

You are sounding positive today! Let us know how the counseling on schooling goes.

Date: October 18, 2007 01:26PM

I seem to g in and out of positive. I also have some crying bouts in private. I feel like a salmon swimming upstream.

Whatever I do I would like to work with something that can help people. I really don't think I want to be sitting behind a desk pushing papers but I like being hands on.

I think I need to recharge my raw ways. What I have been thinking is these first five months I have been getting slacker and slacker in what I am eating. I know I need to eat more greens and I feel so much better when I do yet I opt for the easier road. I have noticed that when I eat mostly fruits I begin to get more sensitive and edgy from noise and activities around me. I think also the greens may streangthen my teeth and gums and bring more balance in my bowel system. I am feeling confidant in being raw but I am feeling I need to stop eating the popcorn and those olives so my body can heal more. I know one thing for sure , by being raw it has opened a new and vibrant world of change.

Date: October 18, 2007 02:06PM

aww hehe pam i felt the same way too .. got so sick of this paperwork nonsense .. i think massage school and stuff down in the states is a wayyyy easier course then up in canada .. ours is 3 years (5000 acedemic hours total)

im sure theere are many courses in the usa that are less then a year ..we have one up here too its called spa therapy course wich is 10-11 months compared to full blown and its a great course you just cant legally treat people with injuries

but seriously ...any body work done with good and mindfull intention is healing right? smiling smiley pam if you want start cheaper and smaller to see if you have interest perhaps take some community college classes in

aromatherapy
shiatsu
reflexology (hand foot and ear)
Aryuvedic bodywork
Lomi Lomi
Thai Massage
Swedish Massage

just a few .. practice on your family and friends till you get confident ..some stuff you need very little equipment if at all smiling smiley

i started off with these weekend type courses first to see if i really wanted to get into it full blown lol

there are also some great free things online you can find and i will find some links that are interesting . .

just taking an anatomy and phisiology course is truly amazing to see how our bodies work at a cellular level .. you dont even have to pass the class if you there for knowledge reasons .. it really is facinating stuff smiling smiley

spiritual health is very important too Pam .. i find nothing better to soothe my tired soul as too studying the worlds religions and again you can find alot of free things in the internet

i found a free english translation of the quran which i find facinating ..doesnt mean im gonna become a muslim ... but i like to understand others religions ..it gives me a bigger sense of ahhh ha ! or scientology .. ok i find it a bit too woo woo for me but again knowing is understanding ..understanding enables commpassion for our brothers and sisters and ourselves !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2007 02:12PM by Jgunn.

Date: October 18, 2007 04:55PM

I had my nice chatty visit last night with my cousin, she's 52 and her and her husband both are Christians, and in the past they were very active in going on Missionary outreach trips. She's become an empty nester, and like me lost her mother recently (our mothers were sisters).

I told her all about Iodine (she already knows how I feel about the raw foods diet) and I related my story about Steven abscounding with the bottle of Iodine and going on his soujourn. I told her, be ready, your life is gonna change! You will say to your hubby..we have to go on this mission, it will take us on one years journey so prepare! Hahaha..ok, that is pure fiction as to the missionary work for a year..but like you Pam, she feels at home doing that kind of work and that may be something she was called (by the Lord) to do.

If you want I can hook you two up, she has tons of current connections for just that kind of work, that kind of calling. You could be in Belize or Nicaragua (correct spelling?) or some other needy place helping those recover and heal their spirits after a hurricane, or flood or other disaster!

You can email me anytime if you are interested. Prismkitten@yahoo.com

Whatever you do, how ever quickly you need money or resources, ask the Lord who has the resources of the whole Unviverse to provide what we need in ample abundance, and you will recieve. Be ready to receive.

Love,
Prism

Date: October 20, 2007 01:02AM

well yesterday we had our first wind storm. trees were falling and everything flying around power went out the whole nine yards. I loved it. I got all the candles and flashlights ready and the cook stove out for use. We have a well so the pucket was in the bathroom to pour water in the toilet to flush and everything was going just fine then the power went on. I just love wind storms. Today we are being dumped with rain I feel like I am going to drift away to a remote island lol.

I went to an advisor that I came across and I am in good standing to get financial aid for schooling. In the past I went for a year to study for a legal assistant job but mid way I discovered just what that was about and really did not want to work with attorneys. They really can be hard to work with. The reason I am interested in massage is because I masage my daughter who is in pain all the time due to her neck problems. I am interested in it but I am not sure if it would be a lucrative job or I would enjoy doing it on a regular basis. I am going to check into it though. I would really like working with a naturalpath as a doctor's assistant I am praying about it and I have another meeting with this advisor concerning planning. I am also getting things in order for the doughnut job. I think that job may be good for going to school because the hours are not going to conflict I just will have to figure out how to sleap.

Jody, thanks for your information. I am going to start massageing my family to see if I will be interested in that. I am impressed that you read the koran, I am being streatched concerning religion but I was always open minded but now I am feeling less in a box of believing christianity is the only way. I use to be a beedy eyed bible banger when I was younger but different things happened and I stayed away from churches. I have a hard time with religion but there is something to learn from all of them.

Prisim, I still have two young ones to finish raising my youngest is 10 and I have a 13 year old so I really can't venture out to tim- buck- to to spread the gospel. In my situation I am going to have to figure out how to dig myself out of a hole and get on my feet. I still live in the same house with my youngest daughters father however we are seperated and according to him our relationship is over. It really isnt easy to live with him this way but for my daughters bennifit I am doing this. I don't want their life disrupted because we are no longer a couple but it is not easy for me because I still love him and care. I have a hard time seperateing myself from him. He seems to feel just fine with this but I feel pretty crappey at times. I do believe that God will supply my needs. I am surprised about what is happening so far.

Today I ate

morning I was not to hungry and away from home
I ate about noon and hadsome momegranet seeds, I wanted to see how they made me feel when I ate them on a compleatly empty stomach They were real good and I felt energetic

I made a large green salad with romain, dandilion, mushrooms, avacado, tomatoe with tahini and oil/vineger dressing
I nibbled on some chocolate and had a banana
I feel better when I eat my greens and take the time to make them. I really like the greens in the morning so I think I will wash them and spinn them dry the night before so when I get up in the morning they will be ready and blend them for a green smoothie. I really miss rejuvelac and am going to have to start making that.

Life is good raw

Date: October 20, 2007 04:12AM

Oh..sorry about that..I should have remembered that info.

It sounds like there are more options coming in for you, and really I know how hard it can be to stay upbeat or positive when everything is in flux. You are doing great with all of it.

I like your post-script..Life is good rawsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: October 22, 2007 03:48AM

Todays food
morning salad with mushrooms, dandilion and bok choy.
My new favorite food is bok choy it is so juicy and good
one banana
one orange a handfull of grapes

is that all I ate today?
I don't think I am eating enough food.
I was active today also. I was working on my front porch. With the rain comming there has been a huge puddle where my front porch should be. I took up the bricks that were there and am placing a larger cement block there. I had to dig up more area and I started placing the blocks. It isnt an easy task because I want the blocks to be even and the ground is not even. It started getting way to dark so I quit for the night.
Tomorrow I have my tops meeting and have to go to my new job to sighn some papers.
I am still trying to figure out just what I would like to go to school for. I was thinking of looking into what people have to learn in order to work at the health department. I still would like to learn how to massage but I think there are many people who do that. I have another meeting with the counsolor on tuesday.
I am still raw and I love it. I have been noticing that I am getting cravings for different vegitables rather than bread or other sad foods. I think that is a good thing. I am still losing weight. I have a long way to go with that but this way it is just falling off of me.

Date: October 22, 2007 09:35PM

I am now an official doughnut fryer. I really feel like a traitor to what I believe so I hope I can work real hard to become a produce person. Not sure just how that will work out. Its a job

Today I weighed in at tops and lost 3 more pounds. When I eat more greens the weight just falls off but when I eat mostly fruit it does'nt. I hope to make more green drinks.

Today I had a apple in the morning and than a large salad with avacado and romaine lettuce, dandilion greens, grated carrot mushrooms and a tomatoe. The tomato really tasted bad I was spoiled with the fresh ones this summer and these taste like garbage so I did'nt eat them
I made a dressing with cashew and hemp with oil and vineger and water and a dash of garlic. The dressing was surprisingly good

I have increased my exersising and did some rep's on my arms this morning I am thinking of bringing in the weight bench
Life is good raw

Date: October 24, 2007 01:04AM

You do what you have to do, and for now this may lead you to where you should be in quick time.

You are full of strength, and will prevail.

Today was blue sky and sunshine in Portland, I hope you also had terrific weather.

I'm going to garden tomorrow..I don't have plants but that's ok, I have lots of digging I can do. I've been composting too..so the one little prepared bed is going to have rich soil when I'm ready to plant stuff there.

Ohhh...the weight bench..hahaha..good luck with that! It is very good for toning. I'm the type that needs company when I exercise! And videos do not make good companions as I've learned.

Here's to a rawsome Wednesday!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: October 25, 2007 09:44AM

HI there...how are you pam??? i hope all is well with yoU!!! i miss you and am thinking of you!!!
take care
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 25, 2007 05:10PM

hi there, im enjoying reading your entries! i have a recomendation for chocolate cravings...when i eat this i feel good- it's a snack or dessert.

1 heaping spoonful of raw cacao powder, (i used to use carob, but the cacao is more satisfying) 1/4 spoonful (not heaping!) spirulina, 1 spoonful coconut butter, 1 spoonful raw honey or agave, 1 spoonful raw nut or seed butter, and 1 spoonful or 2, of water. mix together well and you should have a creamy glossy dip/spread for apple slices or strawberries. sometimes i eat it all by itself. enjoy!

Current Page: 9 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables