Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 13 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: jacks ()
Date: March 06, 2008 01:33AM

Hey pampam remember that each time you eat fruits it actually opens the apetite so watch to see if you are craving the wrong foods after eating fruits. i eat plenty fruits now because i have learn to eat them and dont have the cravings. I was away for three days and in those three days i ate cooked food. As i said in my journal my body was rejecting it and i was surprised that this has happended so quickly. today i came back with a bang and ate 100 percent raw, to my amazement i am feeling better that how i felt on those three days and i am anxious for morning to light so that i can continue to eat some vegetables, nuts and a little fruit. i am in a competition with my room mate. she is on a diet but i am on raw foods, we will do this for ten days and we will see who look better after the ten days. she is shorter than me but weighs almost as much as i do. remember i weith 138 at 5ft 7inches. thank you for checking in on me and for encouraging me, i wont dissappear again, i will be here to support us. Take care and eat well. I will pray for you so that you can break the coffee habit very soon, it is not good for you. but i understand that it will take some time to get rid of the habbit. Be easy on yourself. Take care and all the best on this very interesting and intelligent journey.
Jackie

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:19AM

Pam, here is a reply from Mike a Portland raw fooder, who used to post here often. He was host of the Portland raw potlucks I used to attend.

{The next raw foods retreat will be held about 20 minutes outside Portland at Camp Adams in August, details at
www.rawandlivingspirit.org

Author Jenny Cornbleet will be in Portland May 9 and 10

Jinjee and Storm are creating a raw vegan community in Washington, Whidby Island,

[www.rawveganvillage.com]

It looks pretty cool, I hope it is successful.
I am working from home now with my website and on-line store, [store.TheRawDiet.com] I haven't had a job in 2 years! It is pretty nice to be able to do this from home. I am able to talk with raw foodists from all over the world! Yesterday I received an order from a raw foodist in France!

The www.rawandlivingspirit.org retreat is put on by Thomas and Gabrielle. I helped them with marketing for the 2006 retreat.}

So, if you want to meet at the August retreat, we could plan on that. I'm up for itsmiling smiley It would be fun. Hopefully it's not too expensive..that could be a problem for me..I don't know yet. I'll have to follow those links to see about cost.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 06, 2008 06:22AM

way cool. I hope they are successful in the raw community, whidby Island is not all that far from me. I hope the raw festival is not to expensive. I am saveing my pennies. The one in arizona is 300 dollers for the festival, I hope its not going to cost that much. I am trying to get my car working well enough to hopefully take a long trip with. So far my dream car is kind of not doing all that well.
As for the raw day today I have made it through the day. yea. I mostly ate grapes and other fruit. I really just took it easy today. I am thinking if I can make it three days perhaps that is the majic number to psych my mind. I can't remember how many days one needs to change a habit. I feel o.k. but the coffee really has to go. The cafiene just shoots through my body when I just eat fruit. I hope tomorrow I will eat more greens. I feel better that way.
Thanks for your thoughts jacks I need all the prayers I can get till I can stand on my own with this raw food eating.
Its late
good night all
wishing all a raw tomorrow

Date: March 07, 2008 02:34AM

Today I mostly ate fruit. Just not sure why I gravitate towards the fruit but I do feel better by eating anything raw. I have been weighing myself and have noticed a drop in the scale. I don't care if it is just water it is a loss in weight. I am noticing my skin is starting to feel silkey again. I like that. I am starting to think a bit more clearer. I have times when I can not remember names and places very well I hope it is not old people thinking I don't want to lose my mind at age 50. I read somewere that eating greens at night may help in sleat because of the calcium in the green food. I will probable have something green tonight. I am not eating enough calories yet but I am not going to be to concerned about that right now. I still am drinking the coffee. I don't know why I hold on to that and it will go but not right now. I hope my theary in eating raw for three days will bring forth more strength and resolve in eating all raw. I am feeling much better. I have been wanting to have some toast but I am resisting it as I type this. I know once I eat something cooked I will cave with anything else. Tomorrow will be the third day. I admitt I need to eat more green food though but the fruit is just sitting there so convenient and ready to eat. No need to prepare anything just peel and eat. I am lazy.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 07, 2008 06:21PM

pam i also do what i call ..my *walk a block for choc*

if i want any junky stuff i gotta walk around the block ...first ..and not a leisurly saunter either a good full on power walk ...

=D

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: March 07, 2008 07:47PM

jodi you make me smile. Thats a great plan. I hope to really get some magnesium in my body and perhaps I wont crave the foods. You know it is not the sweets that give me the problem but the breads. I fall for crunchey toast. Today is going good so far I hope to juice the rest of my wheat grass and have that soon. This will be number three day in eating raw. I am feeling o.k. and have noticed I am loseing weight. I think the three day plan is working to help with the will power thing. I guess it gives the mind some sort of goal to play with. I think the three days gives the body a chance to get use to the change. I think we need to take care of the mind,body and soul in order to make a change. I do admit I have been reading the bible. I read psalms and proverbs I have been taking times of prayerfull thought as well. Now don't think of me as "religious" please I really don't like religion but I like God and what it teaches.
I still am drinking the coffee and am thinking of a way to stop that due to its negative nature. I will deal with that soon but right now I feel great that I am getting a handle on this eating thing.
I will soon write down just what I am eating as well.
My skin is starting to feel softer and I am dry brushing it to help with detox. It seems I am starting to think a little more clearer. I am peeing a lot and haveing regular bowel movements.
I started to read a book called rainbow green live-food cuisine by Gabrial Cousens
Perhaps I will try to eat that way for a time. I am going to read the book a bit first.

Date: March 07, 2008 08:00PM

glad to help Pam smiling smiley ever since my operations (2002) ive been struggling with a pretty constant 80lbs up and down an all over the place

i also have a picture of what i want to look like on my fridge with my head glued on top smiling smiley (someone elses body picture .. my head lol)

i find it helps remind me where im wanting to be smiling smiley

so sweets arent yer thing how about then

gotta go for a run for a bun !

Date: March 07, 2008 08:21PM

Amending Clay Soil
Unfortunately, many of the plants that we want to grow will either struggle or fail to survive in clay. So the next option is to make changes to the soil. If you opt to try to change and amend the soil, it is very important to understand that it will take lots and lots of the right type of amendments. Just adding a bag or two of sand or manure will only make the situation worse. The key to amending clay soil is to amend a large area and use enough coarse sand and coarse organic matter. Avoid trying to change a small area. Plants will have a difficult time making the transition to the surrounding clay soil, effectively limiting their growth to the amended area. And remember not to work clay soils while they are wet. Two of the best amendments for clay soil are coarse sand and coarse organic matter such as compost. Coarse sand is also sometimes called builders' sand. The particles are relatively large, especially when compared to the finer sands used for sandboxes. Finer sands may actually make your problem worse. There are lots of types of organic matter available for gardening but not all of them will help improve clay soil. It must be coarse. Avoid fine-textured material such as peat moss or the packaged manures. If possible, find a source for a coarse compost or aged manure. Check with your city to see if they have a compost site for leaves yard waste.

How much? And how? First, calculate the area you are amending. Length x Width = Square Feet. Ideally, you should use equal parts of coarse sand and coarse organic matter to amend the soil, but extra sand can be used if necessary. You will need to cover the area with a 3-4 inch layer of organic matter and a 3-4 inch layer of sand. Bagged products won't be practical, since they usually hold a half cubic foot or less and would only cover a couple of square feet. Look for a source of bulk material. It will probably be measured by the cubic yard (27 cubic feet). The general rule is that one cubic yard will cover approximately 100 square feet with 3 inches of material. One hundred square feet may sound like a lot of space, but that is only a 10' by 10' area. A mature tree's roots can fill many times that area. First spread the organic matter over the area to be amended and
work it into the top 6 inches of the soil. Next spread the sand over the clay/organic matter layer and mix it in. A tiller works well for this task. If you don't own one, they can be rented. Check the pH and texture of any amended soil on a regular basis to see how it is changing. The organic matter will decay and seem to disappear. Since clay soils tend to be naturally alkaline and the decaying organic matter will slowly acidify, it will be important to have the pH tested to check its continued suitability for the plants you are growing.

Pam some thigns you might be able to find relatively cheap or free .. to make compost out of ..ive even gone out to the local forest where im quite certain there is less polluted leaves laying around .. and raked up a few garbage sacks and taken them home smiling smiley

Date: March 07, 2008 08:42PM

heres a good thread on soil too smiling smiley

www.extension.usu.edu/files/gardpubs/hfs01.pdf

and as with everyting it seems ..ya cant rush the process ..good soil will take a few years to build up smiling smiley

every place we have ever moved the first thing i planted the first year if the soil was rough ..was potatoes and other chunky root crops .. they bust up the soil really good ..then i would mix in the compost from the year and go from there smiling smiley

in the meantime you can grow lots of stuff in containers of all sorts if soem stuff just wont take to yer newbie soil

all the leafy greens can be done in pots outside

i once grew a buttload of fancy salad greens in old coffee mugs i couldnt part with lol smiling smiley just lined them up on deck ..they were cute .. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2008 08:46PM by Jgunn.

Date: March 07, 2008 08:52PM

i have 5 types of composters going at all times .. i have a homemade 55 gallong drum (garden scraps like chewed up lettuce or rhubarb leaves etc>winking smiley that i give a spin too when i walk by it .. i have one of those black type rubbermaid composters (household scraps that dont go to the worms) ..i have the typical 4ft x 4 ft x 4 ft deep wood framed composter (for leaves and grass clippings) and, manure piles are in their own pile breaking down and i add manure ot the various composters when i feel its able to handle it, finally the worm bins which eat up pretty much anythign else smiling smiley

i mix up all these different mediums and dig it all into my garden or roto it depending how ambitious im feeling lol

and at the end of the season please please please plant a winter crop of wheat, alfalfa or kale or somethingto protect your soil from winter erosion (wind adn water) or else everythingyou are doing will be wasted smiling smiley its called a winter cover crop and can be tilled in , in the spring

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2008 08:59PM by Jgunn.

Date: March 07, 2008 09:13PM

also because you are gonna be needing to add some sand .. a plus is snails and slugs do not like sand .. they dont like to cross it .. so if you put some around your plants as a barrier or between rows to cut down on the much .. you probably wont have much issues with slugs an snails smiling smiley and then you dig it into the soil next year and repeat smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2008 09:14PM by Jgunn.

Date: March 07, 2008 09:50PM

jodi, thanks so much on the soil ideas. I do have some areas in my back yard that have some good soil. There are some places where I piled up some compost that have turned to dirt now. I have to shovel it and move it. Lots of work.
I am planning to make at least six raised beds and an area for a corn patch for starters. I want to have a patch of strawberries and I have to figure out where to plant some rasberries and blueberries. I have visiting deer and dont want that to be an issue so I was thinking of planting the rasberries in an ares that is away from the regular garden. I am still getting frost in the morning but I believe the last part of March is planting season here. I live in Washington state. I have a nice tiller and hope to get some tilling done this weekend. I am starting to feel more energetic and less depressed. I hope to get a bunch done this weekend. Rain or shine.

About my craveings I surley have craved the chocolate but for some reason I don't right now. I crave a piece of toast slathered with butter and jam. Or just the crunchey toast. I have been eating a lot of fruit these three days I think I am going to switch to greens and no fruit after I read the rainbow book. Just for an experiment. I respect Dr Cousens because of his huge amount of schooling. He seems to have this well researched. I still drink the coffee though.

Date: March 08, 2008 08:01AM

Well I have lasted three days eating raw foods and the only unraw has been coffee with milk. I will deal with that soon. I admit I have not eaten all that well I have only eaten the very handy fruit I have and have not eaten the greens in the fridge. I did get into the almonds. Last year I was overboard with the almonds and had a hard time getting off that binge. I have lost some weight and am starting to feel a bit better. I had a hard time this evening I was desireing some toast. I hope to start documenting what foods I am eating and working on a more balanced diet and watch my calorie intake to make sure I am getting enough. I hope not to be to legalistic with this. There are times that I just don't want to eat. I have noticed that on days that not enough calories were eaten the next day makes up for it in a way. I have read that it is important to eat on a time table in order to allow your body to digest the foods properly. I hope to stop eating at a certain time in the evening as well. I am feeling good that I have made it this long and feel stronger to resist the cooked foods that are in the house. I hope also to prepare some raw foods foe my childrenIts late and I got to go for now plus my cat is messing with the keyboard.
goodnight all
Pam

Date: March 08, 2008 06:47PM

Hi Pam,

Oh..I rediscovered Dr. Sandra Cabot's website..she's the Liver Dr. and has extensive info on her website..all very interesting.

I'm going to do some of her little protocols, and I'm throwing away the last little bit of coffee I have in my cupboard too..there' only enough for a couple cups..but if it's around, I'll drink itsmiling smiley Guests will have to make do with herbal teas, and green teas.

I need to dump the sugar too..it's also in my cupboard. I can stay way from that though, but I don't need it really as I don't use it except for that occasional cup of coffee. I love my herbal teas without any sweeteners, but I love fresh lemon with hot water and honey.

I'm going to do my green smoothie again today..it's been really good lately and if I start out with it I get sustaining energy for the day.

I'm going to go buy a Brita water filter today, just the pitcher and filter type.

I'm going to see if I can find some interesting raw food books at the library this week-end too.

Well..if you want, give me a call later this evening. Or I'll call you this week-end sometime.

Love,
Prism

Date: March 08, 2008 08:27PM

You sound energised, prisim, I woke up to a pot of coffee already made and have been resisting it. I have been reading the book rainbow green by Cousins. I am contemplating trying his aproach in what he calls phase 1. It is low in the fruit in the beginning and he discourages watermellen. I love the watermellen. I am thinking this is a good time to try his Ideas because the fruit really is not ready till June when the strawberries are ripe here. I do intend to pick some of them this year. Rainbow green book has some interesting points and is a fairly easy book to read. It talks about people becomming addicted to the breads and that I can identify with.
I weighed myself today and have a loss. I don't rely on my home scale for accurate weight But on monday when I weigh in at my T.O.P.S. group I will consider that the word of god because their scale is very accurate. I am happy that my home scale is showing a loss though. I am feeling thinner and starting to feel more alive. My skin is starting to feel softer and less dry looking. I think I am on the road back to raw I think the three day idea has some sort of phsychlogical thing to it.
later
Pam

Date: March 09, 2008 05:22PM

Yes, the daily green smoothies are doing a world of good for me. I am off many of the little food offenses I've taken on again recently. I think with spring and summer almost upon us it will get easier and maybe by winter I will be able to stay on my raw foods much better this second time around since being back in Oregon.

I'm glad you are doing better too Pam. I am finding that our phone calls are helping me, and I hope you too. You are wise to have found a live group to go to weekly..maybe I will try a tops meeting myself. I wonder if there is one nearby to where I'm at. I'll do some research on it.

Today looks like a nice day, a little cloudy and grey but the sun is peaking out. I'm drinking my peppermint tea for mornings..very yummy..so much better than coffee imo.

I'm headed to the whole foods stores that are all close by to each other, peoples co-op, Wild Oats, and Whole Foods. I don't have a lot of money for all the things I want, but enough to get started with my 30 day parasite cleanse, and some good fruits and veggies, and a couple other things.

Love,
Prism

Date: March 09, 2008 10:14PM

well prism, I bombed out yesterday and ended up drinking a couple of cups of coffee and then the family decided to have some pizza I ate some. So today I am eating fruit and trying to get back to raw again. I thought of calling you when I felt weak on eating the pizza. Perhaps I should have. My T.O.P.S. group is only for the weight loss encouragement. It helps to be held accountable every week with what I weigh. It was easy going there when I was compleatly raw and losing weight but lately I feel so imbarrased to go so I have to swallow my pride and just go. There is still pizza in the house but I am resisting it today.
I have been reading the rainbow green book and am thinking of trying out the phase 1 program it has no fruit so that really does not sound appealing to me but I can understand the concept and I do remember when I was eating more greens I felt better. I just don't know how to make green smoothies without the sweet fruit in it. I feel I benifit from the green smoothies. I have been reading the recipies in that book and some of them sound good to me. Last year when I was eating raw I kind of free formed it and did not go by any rules. I think I need a structure so I can learn to eat a more round diet and get all of the needed nutrients. I noticed grapes are on sale at the fred meyer store this week though, 88 cents a pound I can't resist that. I don't know what it is with grapes but I crave them and my mouth waters when I think of them. Unfortunately grapes are not on the phase 1 program and I will just have to suck it up for a while but not until I go and get a bunch to pig out on.

Date: March 10, 2008 05:33PM

Structure or a routine is a good thing to have. I like having a few little protcols thru-out the day..they take up the times that would otherwise be spent eating and sometimes they can't overlap..so there's a time delay before I can eat fruits or fruit drinks. Like for example, I wait for about 1 hour after I take my Iodine to have anything that is high in Vit-C. I like having my cup or 2 of peppermint tea as it takes time to brew, and drink and it's nice by itself. Coffee always needs sugar and milk and a treatsmiling smiley So, coffee is out for me now. I don't miss it, I feel better without it actually. Funny what we do to ourselves isn't it?

I make my green smoothies and drink those before I have anything to eat usually. If I'm going out, I try to get 2 glass fulls in before I go so I have stamina and don't stop to eat anything I shouldn't. I try to use the grocery stores if I am out and I get hungry..I pick up fruits to eat or even nuts, seeds..stuff like that.

Pam, I am really wondering why you would choose such a time in the year to cut out fruits as they are becoming more abundant and it's the time to really replenish your body with them. I'm just concerned that you may feel like phase 1 is too hard and you 'failed' at yet another 'try' and then get a bit more depressed. If you go ahead and eat all the raw foods you want, you are cutting out much of the other foods you would replace them with. But I'm here for you and I'll support you in whatever you want to try.

I went out and bought a few things and one was a Hawthorn tree for my front yard. It's in a standard tree shape and I'm not sure if it's an Indian Hawthorn grown as a standard or if it's a Hawthorn Tree without thorns. Do you know anything about them? I read a lot of info. but am still confused. The leaves are not serrated, but glossy green and smooth, it has pink buds on it and they are heavily scented when they do bloom which is around May. It has no thorns on it like an old fashioned Hawthorn. I put it in the front yard and while it may not give shade ever I only wanted something to be pretty, scented, and evergreen all year. I'm not sure it's everygreen all year but I thought it was. I was going to plant a Dogwood tree in that spot, but I liked the Hawthorn especially if it stays leafy all year and is heavily scented during bloom season.

I think I might plant white shrub roses around it. I want to get a wrought iron tree surround for it and then have the white roses around the outside of that. So, short white roses bushes and a pink blooming tree..sounds pretty to me.

Love,
Prism

Date: March 11, 2008 04:42AM

Not to happy with self today. I have not been eating raw since the pizza thing. I am like a yo yo. So I am back to the first step and that is to start eating raw. I do agree with you prisim the rainbow diet seems to be far to confineing for me right now. I need the fruit to make the green smoothies.

Date: March 11, 2008 05:52AM

hmmm pam i see a reacurring theme in nearly all of your posts .. you keep *re-starting*

when i quit smoking finally .. it was because someone told me to quit quitting and just do it

it made sense lol so simple ..quit quitting...

maybe you need to stop starting over and just carry on instead of making yourself feel bad just keep moving forward instead of running back to the starting line smiling smiley

just a thought pam ..you ARE a raw foodist that slips up (more then you would like too) .. you are not someone trying to start something new ..youve been at this awhile .. so you should stop thinking of yourself as a food *Noob* and give yourself permission now to break free of old habits and painfull things

you are so worth it !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2008 05:54AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 11, 2008 06:48PM

Hi Everyone!

My name is Alexis and I've started my raw journey almost a week ago. I've been off coffee for a while and was pretty much vegan (with the exception of eggs and fish sometimes), so the biggest thing was cutting out the refined carbs and sugars. I didn't realize how much sugar i had been putting in my diet regularly! For the last week, I felt like I had withdrawal symptoms from the lack of sugar and it was really tough. the first day I had a piece of chocolate and blew it, but I've been pretty good since. the cravings have also decreased over time, which has been helpful.
my boyfriend is a waiter and likes to dine out a lot. all weekend I was good though - i would order my salads with pico de gallo or lime, no alcohol, no bread. he doesn't get why i want to do raw - he's a total meat eater. but oh well!
Why do I want to go raw?
I think I have candida. I have felt sluggish for a long time and have repetitive yeast infections. For a while I got them monthly, for about 6 months. now i've been getting them once every 3-4 months, since I quit dairy. I really am ready to get it out of my system. if anyone has any suggestions for it or wants to share what they've learned, please feel free to let me know.

its great to read what everyone's written on the message boards!

Posted by: optimist4life ()
Date: March 11, 2008 07:57PM

Alexis: Lara bars might help your sugar cravings. They are 100% raw and delicious. I also eat fish and eggs sometimes. If you feel the need for these, then these are healthy ways to get protein. You could also try raw hemp protein powder, and tempeh. Good luck!

Posted by: Shann ()
Date: March 12, 2008 06:16PM

Pampam,

Thanks for stopping by my journal and encouraging me. I love how I feel on raw, so I don't know why I go off into oblivion like that...?!?

But I am here, I'm making smoothies, I'm sprouting, I'm giving up smoking.
I can and will make these changes.

You will too!
Shann

Date: March 12, 2008 08:51PM

Jodi, thanks for the words of wisdom. I value your words and they feed me so well. I feel as if I am fighting some invisible force and just need to take some baby steps at this time. I found a thing written that resonated with me so well yesterday and I continue to find things just falling in my path that lead me to better health and a better way of thinking. I have been so self destructive for many years and have to deal with that. I have been eating some cooked rice and fruit today. I am trying to control what I am eating and not bing eat right now. I don't have much in the house to eat today so I am just eating what is available. It is raining and cold outside and the tiller needs work it won't start and I feel to till the ground while it is raining might make a big mess. I have been making a huge pile of compost near my garden and collecting many different things around my yard like leaves and other areas I have composted and I have some stumps I was burning so I shoveled some ash and I have also collected horse poo. I plan to till all that together and use it in my raised beds.
One step at a time and I will make it

Date: March 12, 2008 10:47PM

Hi Pam! It is cloudy here too..and I just found out you are supposed to call the utility company to have the come out and mark your yard before you dig..so I don't know if people really do that or not? I tried calling yesterday but the wait was too long. I'll try sometime again, later.

Pam, you could put in your own grape arbor! That would be cool..I love those purple sweet home grown grapes..they were so delicious, either alone or made into juice.

So many ideas, and things to do..I really would like to have more money to do more things with!

Have a great raw day, or partial raw day, or any kind of raw you want..it's all good!

Love,
Prism

Date: March 13, 2008 08:17AM

Jeez prism, just what kind of digging are you up to? It is true to watch out for your lines and septic system pryer to digging. I already know where those things are in my yard. You usually can get an Idea of where those things are by looking for the power box and the septic tank. I think your son should know where these things are too.
I hear you about the money thing. I bought some strawberrie plants though and have been looking on craigs list for plants. Sometimes people list free plants and trees you have to dig them up but they are free. Some peope have rasberries they have to seperate and give them away. The blueberries are different though. The problem I have with all this planting is the soil here is not the greatest. I am colecting wheelbarrels of soil from different areas on the property here so I can somehow get some good mixture. I will have to get some sand though and perhaps some other things to ammend the soil. I have lots of clay in my soil. I still don't have the tiller going but this morning it was icy outside. March is a wierd weather month. I have to get out there and get the work done though. Today I was watching my grand baby and I could not get the work done for my garden.
On a different noat... I just listened to a video my a woman named jull bolte taylor who had a stroke. It was a very interesting story. I suggest anyone google her name and listen to what she has to say. It was very interesting and inspireing.
Good night all

Date: March 13, 2008 10:24AM

I see you couldn't sleep tonight either. I hardly ever have this problem, especially lately, it's rare for me to not be able to sleep. Tonight is one of 'those' nights. I'm about ready to go back to be though. I have 2 babies tomorrow, and I want to be fresh in the morning.

I had a large cup of fresh squeezed lemon with hot water and honey..very good. I feel like fruits still though..maybe I'll eat a banana before I get back into bed.

I'm just doing what I normally do in digging a yard for gardening..but in Oregon it's the law you notify the utility company..they even have an 811 number to call..geez..I might just go ahead and do the yard work..I don't know..you never know what you are going to get told when you call. They might say to 'wait' until they send someone over in 6 months! That would make me nutssmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: March 13, 2008 12:59PM

I went to sleap contemplating on food and nutrition so I woke with this phrase in my head. "comfort is food" Not the standard comfort food but just plain comfort. Actually everything about eating raw foods is so very different to me. Just the fact of getting all of our nutritional needs from plant based diet is mind boggleing for me. I always think of the basic food groups. I think of it more for my children and now for my grand son. They need the protien and carbs for their growth. Now everything is different for me and I have realized the four basic food groups are not what we need but we need live foods. Liveing foods for a liveing body and dead foods for a dead body.

Date: March 14, 2008 11:19AM

Comfort – A condition or feeling of pleasurable ease, well-being, and contentment.

Food – A substance you consume to produce energy, stimulate growth, and provide nourishment

when you think of these 2 things as being seperate heres how i see it ...

comfort .. being cozy ..relaxing ...slowing down.. feeling fluffy

food ..energy .. zing .. growing

these 2 words together are almost entirely opposite ! lol ..complete contradictions .. NO WONDER we have so much problem with *COMFORT FOOD*

just a thought .. weird huh?

Date: March 16, 2008 03:05AM

Hi Pam,

How ya doing this week-end? I am developing a sore throat, so I've been doing my hydrogen peroxide in the glass of water, and then hot lemonade with honey. I did go out today and I did buy some new plants! I had to..just HAD to..it's so hard NOT tosmiling smiley

I bought 2 Rhodedendron Ramapo's for front yard garden near front porch, and a Heather called Erica Darleyensis "Mary Helen" and a small ground cover Thymus 'Elfin" which I want more of those to space in between things.

I am doing my daily green smoothies, but did make home-made soup the last 2 days..with lots of garlic..I didn't know I was getting a sore throat at the time..just discovered that last night..so my body knows before my brain does how I'm doing!

Tomorrow I'm going to make some fresh grapefruit juice, than have a green smoothies later in day, then make some green juice for later and the next day. Maybe I'll eat some fresh garlic too..just chew up a couple cloves for the sore throat.

I haven't had coffee since I threw mine out and today I did go out and have a small cup of it..but that's ok..I'm having my peppermint tea the rest of the week since I stocked up on it.

Love,
Prism

Current Page: 13 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables