Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Doug Graham's Back up PLAN
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 14, 2013 06:53AM

Cooked vegetables are healthier than some foods, and unhealthier than others. Cooked vegetables are healthier than processed foods and animal products, and certain raw vegetables that are indigestible in their raw state or are toxic in their raw state. On the other hand, cooked vegetables are less healthier than their raw counterparts when those raw vegetables are the vegetables normally eaten raw, say like typical green salad vegetables. So cooked lettuce is going to be less healthy than raw lettuce, and cooked spinach is going to be less healthy than raw spinach.

I would also venture to say that a cooked vegetable that might normally not be eaten raw, say like cooked chard, versus a raw salad vegetable, say like romaine lettuce, is going to have more antinutrients/toxins as a byproduct of cooking which won't be found in the raw salad vegetables. These antinutrients include denatured proteins, which are not useful sources of amino acids, heated fats that create carcinogens (remember, chard, a leafy vegetable, has 10% of its calories coming from fat) like acrolein, nitrosamines, hydrocarbons, and benzopyrene, and cooked starches create acrylamide. A healthy body can easily detoxify these toxins, however if a person becomes enervated, meaning they are behind on sleep, and may be under physical and psychological/mental/emotional stress, their body starts to accumulate these toxins found in cooked foods and they start to experience symptoms of chronic disease.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rab ()
Date: December 14, 2013 07:38AM

I always read everything that Prana has to say and, for me, he is the best representative of this forum. I truly appreciate his advice and, should he write a book, I would be the first one to buy it. Compared to other members here and in the raw food world, including myself, Prana is much calmer, well informed and balanced in his views and he educates without the sense of confrontation.
All that said, my road is different. I have learned about "waterside" theory from Alistair Hardy and Elaine Morgan and many other and I have concluded that we, the humans, are half water half land animals. Also, I concluded that our large brains have to do with the phase of our evolution where we ate sea food.
So, my diet today is 80% Doug-Prana style and 20% as-raw-as-possible sea food (crustaceans, shells, sea weed, algae). Sea food gives THE MOST of B12 on the planet. This feels like a very comfortable diet, the only problem is that I am not very well organized so I end up eating some cooked food. I believe that finding Omega 3 in plants is just a replacement for our natural food. It may work, it may work very well, but we may be lacking some of the other nutrients that actually made us as smart as we are. Maybe being smart is the problem, but that is whole other story...

I don't and will never eat grains again unless I get into a situation that gives no choice. Eating cooked food is not natural. It can be done, we can live like that but it is not and will never be the best option. I too eat cooked food and it does not make me feel good. I do it because I am not organized well enough not to.

Again, I feel very grateful to this site and to people like Prana (not only him, there are many people here with authentic words, advice and humor).

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 14, 2013 01:09PM

There are people eating 100 percent raw who are doing well.
There are people eating high percent raw with some cooked food who are doing well.
There are people eating high percent cooked with some raw food who are doing well.

It is all depend on the approach, the food choice, the life style.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 14, 2013 03:33PM

John, its not clear that one needs to eat biophotons to have biophotons. DNA is more than capable of capturing its own photons, and consciousness is able to move photons through space and even solid objects, according to The Source Field Investigations, where photons are moved through space by people with psychic abilities of remote viewing.

But to get an activated pineal gland to have some of these psychic abilities, one needs to eat a largely raw diet diet if they have a calcified pineal gland from previous fluoride consumption.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 14, 2013 03:36PM

Prana wrote...

Cooked vegetables are healthier than some foods, and unhealthier than others. Cooked vegetables are healthier than processed foods and animal products, and certain raw vegetables that are indigestible in their raw state or are toxic in their raw state. On the other hand, cooked vegetables are less healthier than their raw counterparts when those raw vegetables are the vegetables normally eaten raw, say like typical green salad vegetables. So cooked lettuce is going to be less healthy than raw lettuce, and cooked spinach is going to be less healthy than raw spinach.

I would also venture to say that a cooked vegetable that might normally not be eaten raw, say like cooked chard, versus a raw salad vegetable, say like romaine lettuce, is going to have more antinutrients/toxins as a byproduct of cooking which won't be found in the raw salad vegetables. These antinutrients include denatured proteins, which are not useful sources of amino acids, heated fats that create carcinogens (remember, chard, a leafy vegetable, has 10% of its calories coming from fat) like acrolein, nitrosamines, hydrocarbons, and benzopyrene, and cooked starches create acrylamide. A healthy body can easily detoxify these toxins, however if a person becomes enervated, meaning they are behind on sleep, and may be under physical and psychological/mental/emotional stress, their body starts to accumulate these toxins found in cooked foods and they start to experience symptoms of chronic disease.

Bryan - that was the best Post that you have ever written.

Chris, have you ever heard of Einstein’s Circle of Known?

Google that one and tell me what you find.

Peace and Love..........John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2013 03:38PM by John Rose.

Date: December 14, 2013 03:54PM

Bryan, that makes sense, but we should not have to focus on acquiring Biohotons just like we should not have to focus on seeing or hearing or smelling - it should be an automatic. Sure, if our vision is poor, we can squint to see better, but we should not have to squint to see better any more than we have to focus on acquiring Biohotons. The solution for better sight is the same solution for getting our Biohotons. In fact, the Ultimate Solution to any one of our Problems that are 100% Within or Control is the Ultimate Solution to every one of our Problems that are 100% Within or Control.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 14, 2013 04:59PM

Gluten-free pizza crust. Just because it's gluten-free doesn't mean it's healthy! Last I checked potato chips are gluten-free too.

Date: December 14, 2013 05:59PM

Indeed, why would anyone want or need to do a Water Fast or a Juice Fast/Feast?

Here is my File Preview from my file on Weak & Sick for one of the many reasons why Fasting is the BEST PREARATION for a Better Way of Life:

…File Preview…
• “The weaker the patient the greater the need to do nothing, and yet it is precisely at such times that Heteropaths, all cults, seek to do the most.” -Herbert Shelton, Volume I p. 133
• In "Fasting For Renewal Of Life," Dr. Herbert Shelton writes, …There is no power to digest food in pneumonia. Feeding intensifies the discomfort of the invalid, increasing temperature, pain and coughing. Feeding is a blunder that often results in death. It is important that no food be given so long as discomfort continues."
• "The more you feed a sick man, the more you harm him." -Hippocrates
• "Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food. But to eat when you are sick, is to feed your sickness." -Hippocrates, M.D., 460?-370? B.C., Father of Western Medicine
• “There is no greater delusion that a person needs strength to fast. The weaker you are from the disease, the more certain it is that you need to fast, the more certain it is that your body has not strength enough to digest the food you are taking into it. If you fast under these circumstances, you will grow not weaker, but stronger. ...” -Herbert Shelton, “TSAFAOF Vol. III” p. 237
• “The patient is so weak in many cases that he is unable to turn over in bed, he can hardly move hand or foot, there is little muscular action, yet it is insisted that he be fed three times a day. His digestive system, though equally prostrated, is expected to go on with its regular work as though there is the regular need for food. Will such a patient die of starvation? Never. Will he recover if fed? Not so surely as if he is permitted to fast. He may die of intestinal intoxication if he is fed; he may die if not fed, but he cannot be nourished by feeding, no matter what foods are given. He may be so weak that he will die if he gets much weaker, still he should fast. The surest way to make him weaker is to feed him.” -Herbert Shelton, “TSAFAOF Vol. III” p. 237
• “It as a fact that has been demonstrated hundreds of times, that many invalids, instead of losing strength while fasting, gain it. ...The weakness of the average person is not due to lack of food, but to toxin poisoning.” -Herbert Shelton, “TSAFAOF Vol. III” pp. 237-238
• “Man is the only animal that eats when sick. Continuous eating when uncomfortable, in fever or in pain, builds chronic disease. It is one of the most rigidly enforced laws of the wild to “never eat when sick.”” -Herbert Shelton, “FFROL” p. 203
• “Weakness, in most cases, is not due lack of food, but to a toxic state of the body.” -Herbert Shelton, “FCSYL” p. 40
• “When a patient is so weak that he is unable to turn in bed, possibly in severe pain, and with fever, there is no power to digest food.” -Herbert Shelton, “FCSYL” p. 40
• “Over-feeding of invalids in an effort to give them health and strength is still a popular procedure. How often do we see this fail. How frequently, indeed, do we see increases of strength and gains in weight follow upon a reduction of surfeit. Many invalids will be killed outright by over-feeding who would recover if fed barely enough food to sustain the most essential vital activities while resting. I have watched more than one invalid, whose life was despaired of, gradually grow stronger and finally recover, while being fed a starvation diet. Overfeeding of such patients accounts for many needless deaths each year.” -Herbert Shelton, Volume II pp. 282-283
• It is a crime to feed anything to the sick. No food should be given until all symptoms are gone. The life of the patient depends upon getting rid of the putrid food still remaining in the bowels, before enough putrescence is absorbed to cause death." -J.H. Tilden, MD Toxemia Explained, p 99
• "What good does it do a man to take food, even the finest food, if he is unable to digest and assimilate it? It is first necessary to restore digestive and assimilative power--by removing the causes of impairment and providing adequate rest of the nutritive for functional restoration." -Herbert Shelton, "FFROL" pp. 205-206
• “In chronic disease there is a frequent complaint: ‘I have lost my appetite.’ It is complained that ‘nothing tastes good,’ ‘I have to force myself to eat.’ What a lot of suffering these people could avoid if they refrain from eating until they get hungry! This rule is also good for the chronic sufferer who is “hungry all the time.”” -Herbert Shelton, “FFROL” p. 93
• “According to both Doug and Zz, the answer is yes, they should just keep on eating. Both Doug and Zz are strict NH’ers but they clearly have not studied NH that well nor do they understand the basic concepts because Shelton clearly points out that people with chronic diseases may or may not lose their appetite and if they are unable to digest and assimilate what they eat, they must stop eating in order to restore their digestive and assimilative power.” -John Rose
• “So, if most people are either unwilling (terrified of the idea) or unable (no time and/or money) to do a water fast, then the only logical answer to Query 4c) is for these people is to do a juice fast followed by a raw food diet.” -John Rose
…End of File Preview…

Date: December 14, 2013 06:26PM

<<<If your [you’re] healthy it seems very un-necessary.>>>

According to the Seven Basic Rules of Scientific Vitalizing Nutrition for Optimum Health and Long Life from the International Society for Research on Nutrition and the Diseases of Civilization, which was founded by Dr. Albert Schweitzer (who was healed of life threatening diabetes at the age of 75 with a Raw Food Diet), Rule #6 states that 1) Systematic Undereating and 2) Periodic Fasting are the two most important health and longevity secrets in the world.

Chris, do a Google search for the International Society for Research on Nutrition and the Diseases of Civilization and you’ll find about as much information on line as you will for Einstein’s Circle of Known.

Just out of curiosity, did you even read my File Preview?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2013 06:34PM by John Rose.

Date: December 14, 2013 07:19PM

<<<Periodic fasting doesn't equate to 30 day fasts, several times a year though does it.>>>

No, but the biggest mistake that most people make when they do their first Water Fast is to not Fast for long enough. Once we get the first Fast under our belt, 1 or 2 weeks once or twice a year is more than enough. However, Water Fasting is NO longer safe to do anymore because of the Chemical Revolution, which is why Juice Fasting/Feasting is even more superior to Water Fasting.

I usually do a 30 Day Juice Fast/Feast once a year just so I can pound down 20 pounds of Veggies every day and give my body a solid food vacation so it can clean house. In fact, I’m on day 5 of my 138th Juice Fast/Feast today. So in the last 21 years, I have Juice Fasted/Feasted for a total of 1,016 days. 570 of those days were in the first 6 years when I was doing most of my research. Since then, I usually do one 30 Day Juice Fast/Feast once a year [15 years X 30 = 450 + 570 = 1020 vs. 1016]. If I go 30 days this time, my total will be 1041 days in the last 21 years on 138 different occasions.

All during this time I have documented everything that when in and everything that came out of my 30 foot food tube and in the beginning, I was NOT 100% Raw, which is why I had to Juice Fast/Feast so often. Every time I ate any Cooked Food it plugged me up and the only way I could get rid of it was to do another Juice Fast/Feast. I even did several 30 Day Experiments and you can read about one of them here - [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: anon101 ()
Date: December 14, 2013 11:08PM

John Rose, you write very interesting and knowledgeable posts. I love reading them.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 15, 2013 12:30AM

You are right John Rose a juice fast is a feast not a fast.
The superior fast is the dry fast. A 3 days dry fast is superior to a 30 days juice fast.

Date: December 15, 2013 01:13AM

Hey anon101, thanks for the kind words.

Hey RawPracticalist, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this article by David Wolfe although the link is not active and I have not tried to see if there’s an updated link…

[www.alternativehealthtalk.com]
"Dry" Fasting
by David Wolfe

Fasting is Nature's foundational law of all healing and rejuvenation. It is a natural fact that the more you fast the better you heal, the higher your intellectual activity, and the younger you become.

Fasting is the ultimate. Isn't it interesting that the world's great religions have such an emphasis on fasting? I find that fascinating! Fasting alone can restore an over-stressed middle-aged individual to the suppleness and beauty of their youth -- especially when done in the spirit of rejuvenation accompanying the season.

Spring is upon us. The time for rejuvenation is here. It is an auspicious time to present one of the rarely discussed, hidden jewels of fast rejuvenation -- "dry" fasting. Arnold Ehret, the great Fruitarian/Fasterian knew, "The less you drink the more aggressive the fast works."

I stumbled into this method for complete body purification by accident many years ago when I first discovered The Raw-Food/Fruitarian Diet. I had been reading about fasting and decided it was time to try one -- it was three months after I went raw. For no considerable reason, I decided to go an entire day without food -- and water.

To my surprise it was quite easy. I actually was less thirsty at the end of the day than at the beginning. When I went to sleep I felt an incredible lightness and slept like a baby.

About a year and a half later I decided to try three days without food and water. This was quite a bit more difficult. I discovered the amazing truth many yogis have known for thousands of years -- that the process of digestion takes an enormous amount of energy and even the processing of water drains energy. On the third night, I could not sleep, I was so wide awake and full of life, I could not believe it -- I read and wrote all night long. At 4:00am I finally managed to drop asleep for 30 minutes and awoke, to my amazement, completely rested! I broke the fast at 4:30am with distilled water mixed with lemon juice, then went to a raid a nearby strawberry patch.

This brings up a crucial point: how you break a fast determines to a large extent the value of the fast and the degree of rejuvenation. Remember the rule that however many days you fast, it takes the same amount of additional days to fully recover. Ease off a dry fast with lemon juice and water -- the lemon juice acts as an internal soap dissolving mucus and cooked-food residues. Follow this about one hour later with a juicy alkaline fruit such as a melon or papaya -- grapes and cherries also work quite well. This will cause a peristaltic wave and a flush of all the dislodged toxins throughout the body.

The venerable raw-food and fruit advocate Morris Krok recommends a 36-hour dry fast to be broken by juicy fruits to flush the system as the best way to alleviate constipation.

I know of one individual who has gone eight days without food and water, and two others who have gone nine days. Don't try going this long yourself unless you have been living on a purified diet for many years and are capable of accepting full responsibility for your actions.

Take a day (24 to 36 hours) off from your schedule to dry fast. During the dry fast find somewhere to rest in the outdoors, preferably in the shade of fruit tree. Engage in relaxed stretching and deep meditation -- focus on rejuvenation. If you are not accustomed to dry fasting too much direct sunlight can cause you to become light-headed and weak -- especially upon arising. Don't stray too far from home.

Now, before you undertake a dry fast, it is important to consider that the less fluids you take in, the more aggressive the fast. Do not push yourself beyond the bounds of reason, if you feel dizzy, weary, extremely thirsty, drink a little water and postpone the dry fast for another time.

When your digestive system is allowed to completely and totally rest from its daily bombardment, your body's energies can be channeled into healing and rejuvenation; you will be able to truly enjoy the tremendous aroma of the spring flowers.

My friend Joe Alexander, author of the ever popular book: "Blatant Raw Foodist Propaganda" recently completed a 21-day fast. The first 7 days were dry -- no food, no water. He sent me a wonderful letter describing his experiences. He wrote:
"So apparently I still need food! It was nonetheless a remarkable experience, to go through that 21 days, and I really have come out of it feeling more energetic than I have ever known before...I think that I may have learned something very important from this experience, and that is this: to do a really good cleansing fast and get the fullest benefits, it's best to not even drink water. I have fasted before for considerably longer than 7 days, a number of times, but always drank water. I did not feel those fasts revitalized me anywhere near as much as this one has...Maybe fasting without water enables your body to free itself of toxins much more thoroughly than if you do drink water. Most fasting experts say you should drink lots of water when you fast. Helps flush out the toxins, they say. Maybe that's bad advice. Herbert Shelton was different; he said don't drink any more water than you really feel like, and that may be better advice...Maybe the best thing to do when fasting is go as long as you can without food or water. Could well be that we would be much healthier and live longer if maybe once or twice a year we'd take a week off, rest, and not eat or drink even water."

I am one of the few health professionals who promotes dry fasting. Most natural hygienists and fasting promoters consider dry fasting too "extreme" or "dangerous." It is neither, especially when done as I recommend for 24 or 36 hours. My experiences and those of others prove its tremendous value. Test and you shall be convinced.

For more information, contact:

Nature's First Law
PO Box 900202
San Diego, CA 92190 U.S.A.
1-888-RAW-FOOD
[www.alternativehealthtalk.com]

Date: December 15, 2013 01:33AM

I read that years ago. I do 40 hours of dry fast per week.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 15, 2013 02:19AM

I'm just wondering: Is there a health advantage of a dry fast over a water fast? I don't think so, because water is needed for breaking down toxins and moving them out.

I can see that a dry fast might be considered more conducive to a spiritual experience. Like the marathon monks in Japan - 9 days without food or water or even sleep! Some die though. Not a healthy outcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2013 02:22AM by suncloud.

Date: December 15, 2013 02:24AM

When your body does not have food and water it goes into a mode where it makes the best use of what it has in reserve. It will use all the excess water, the fat in your body. That is the greatest healing you can have. Water fast cannot do that.

Date: December 15, 2013 02:45AM

CommonSenseRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When your body does not have food and water it
> goes into a mode where it makes the best use of
> what it has in reserve. It will use all the excess
> water, the fat in your body. That is the greatest
> healing you can have. Water fast cannot do that.

"Excess" water? And at what point does your body start using up the essential stores of water that are crucial for heart, brain, liver, kidney, and lung function?

And how do you happen to know when that point has arrived so you can start drinking water before those organs are damaged?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 15, 2013 03:27AM

just someone give me a food pill that takes care of everything

seriously

smiling smiley

Date: December 15, 2013 04:14AM

suncloud Wrote:
> CommonSenseRaw Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > When your body does not have food and water it
> > goes into a mode where it makes the best use of
> > what it has in reserve. It will use all the
> excess
> > water, the fat in your body. That is the
> greatest
> > healing you can have. Water fast cannot do
> that.
>
> "Excess" water? And at what point does your body
> start using up the essential stores of water that
> are crucial for heart, brain, liver, kidney, and
> lung function?
>
> And how do you happen to know when that point has
> arrived so you can start drinking water before
> those organs are damaged?

How many times do you go the toilet per day to urinate?
We eat too much, we drink too much.
The body was made to prepare for long period of famine, it has a built in mechanism to store what is not needed.
You need time to cleanse all of that including water at the cellular level.

Posted by: luvmangos ()
Date: December 15, 2013 11:54AM

30 Day water fasts are not for the healthy eating 811rv but to heal for serious health conditions. Doug Graham is not the only one to support water fasting but Joel Fuhrman healed himself of a serious condition that doctor's could not cure at a young age with water fasting.

Posted by: anon101 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 04:07PM

RawPrac--The superior fast is the dry fast. A 3 days dry fast is superior to a 30 days juice fast.

wow, no kidding! That's something!

Posted by: janetc ()
Date: December 15, 2013 04:17PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> just someone give me a food pill that takes care
> of everything
>
> seriously
>
> smiling smiley

LOL - sing it sister! I agree!

Date: December 15, 2013 07:10PM

CommonSenseRaw Wrote:

> How many times do you go the toilet per day to
> urinate?
> We eat too much, we drink too much.
> The body was made to prepare for long period of
> famine, it has a built in mechanism to store what
> is not needed.
> You need time to cleanse all of that including
> water at the cellular level.

Who is "we"?

If our bodies are retaining water, either we have a serious liver or kidney dysfunction, or our bodies need the water to deal with something else going on - like flushing out toxins.

If our bodies need more water, we will be excessively thirsty, we will drink more, and our bodies will retain the water until the body's job is done.

If our bodies don't need the water, we won't be excessively thirsty, we will drink normally, and our bodies won't retain it.

Luvmangos is correct. Dr. Joel Fuhrman's fasting cure was a 46-day water fast. Dr. Fuhrman writes the following in his book, Fasting and Eating for Health: "...it should be recognized that a total fast, with water only, is both the most effective and the safest way to fast."

..."most effective"....

Joel Fuhrman couldn't walk when he went in for his fast (with Dr. Shelton). He had been a professional ice skater, but his leg became seriously infected and left him crippled. No doctor could cure him. But after his fast, not only was he walking, but he placed third in the World Professional Figure Skating Championships a little over a year later.

He then entered medical school to try to help others.

What New Age guru dryfaster can match that modus operandi?

Dr. Fuhrman probably has more experience with fasting than anyone alive today - not just his own experiences, but with his patients. AND he is a medical doctor.

He writes this:

"One of my patients with asthma, who had tried to fast with another physician in the past, claimed she vomited and became nauseated whenever she fasted. Therefore, she could not fast for longer than a few days. After fasting her a few days, as predicted, she developed vomiting and nausea. I then looked at her blood and urine and it showed she was dehydrated with hemoconcentration (increased red blood cell concentration) and an increased BUN level. When I asked her if she was drinking at least four glasses of water a day as I had recommended, she said she never likes to drink much when she fasts. She was drinking less than 8 ounces of water a day. As soon as I corrected this by increasing her fluid intake, the problem stopped and she was able to fast without difficulty."

Excess BUN means too much nitrogen-containing urea in the blood. This is toxic, and one direct cause is dehydration.

[www.webmd.com]

Of course, some New Age books and "gurus" will disagree with the tried and true, while presenting absolutely zero verifiable evidence. It sells books and makes money - no effort required.

IMO, regular fasting is very helpful for correcting imbalances and flushing out toxins that accumulate even with a healthy diet and exercise - but sufficient water is required for this to occur.

The processing of water does not drain energy. Human energy requires water for its own production and for its distribution and use throughout the body.

Joe Alexander wrote Mr. Rose that he had fasted his first 7 days without water. But the next 14 days included water. If fasting without it is better than fasting with it, why did he fast longer with it than without it?

Joe also wrote, "So, apparently I still need food!" IMO, the breatharian theme and the dry fast theme go hand in hand. If a person believes in the first, of course they will believe in the second.

But tell me: What toxin is contained in water? What undesired energy-debilitating mechanism is generated from normal water intake?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 15, 2013 09:30PM

I agree I love Prana. He been here many years. Maybe he raw as long as me.

I water fasted once ten days. My life went into upheaval. I was working an office job and my breath stunk.

John Rose you are HOT- I agree with what you say about sickness and fasting.

When you all talk about pineal glands I get so excited. Its like the clitoris of the brain.

Date: December 15, 2013 10:58PM

Sorry about your fast coconutcream. Bummer.

Correction in my last post: The letter from Joe Alexander was written to David Wolfe, and quoted by Mr. John Rose.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 16, 2013 02:52AM

I've fasted for 14 days on water only in September and it saved my life. Blood pressure drops like a lead weight and it helps me to reset mentally and physically. I learned from Fuhrman and proceeded slowly...monitoring my electrolytes. I also got the DVD from Dr. Klaper who works at True North in Santa Rosa CA, the only medically supervised fasting program in the US to my knowledge (by MDs). I have learned a lot from Drs. Klaper and Fuhrman. Never tried dry fasting. I know it's done a lot in Russia. Tonya Zovasta has written on it in her book Quantum Eating. I understand its shorter term because of the lack of fluids but can be more potent than either water or juice fasting. I don't have any first hand experience with dry fasting.

Date: December 16, 2013 03:53PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> Why would any healthy individual need to fast was
> my question.
>
> Especially long term 30 day water fasts several
> times a year. If your healthy it seems very
> un-necessary.
>

I have always valued your opinion on this forum but this is beyond anything I have ever read.
Even animals fast.
Even healthy runner stop running... to rest and recharge.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:16AM by Prana.

Date: December 16, 2013 04:28PM

This is what you wrote: "Why would any healthy individual need to fast was my question."

It is like saying why would any good running car need to be tuned up.

Even long term fast have their place. There are people chronically ill who could not find solutions which conventional medicine who cure themselves thru long term fasting. Cancer death this year alone is at more than 7 millions. [www.worldometers.info]

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:58PM

I don't fast anymore unless my body insists that I do so, i.e. if and when I get sick. I used to fast quite a bit. In retrospect, it seemed to strain my body and my mind in unnecessary ways.

Paying 11 grand plus airfare, etc. to fast in Costa Rica doesn't make sense to me. If I'm going to go to Costa Rica to spend $11K, I'm definitely going to enjoy the fruit. I won't be sitting in some room suffering through starvation. There are plenty of fasting clinics in the US if I ever get so sick that I need to do an extended, supervised fast.

Date: December 16, 2013 05:12PM

<<<Even long term fast have their place. There are people chronically ill who could not find solutions which conventional medicine who cure themselves thru long term fasting. >>>

Hey RawPracticalist,

That’s a great point.

In an earlier Post, you wrote…

<<<The superior fast is the dry fast. A 3 days dry fast is superior to a 30 days juice fast.>>>

I understand the benefits of Water Fasting and Dry Fasting, but I would rather eliminate all of that old crap in my intestines than cannibalize it. Check out my recap below of my Eliminations on my 7th Juice Fast/Feast. I DOCUMENTED almost 20 POUNDS of CRAP that came out of me in the first 4 weeks and there is NO way a 3 Day Dry Fast could have done that!

John Roses’ 7th Juice Fast/Feast
Eliminations per Week in oz.:

1 56.0
2 68.5 124.5
3 68.5 193
4 110.0 303 - 18.94 lb.
5 77.5 380.5
6 84.0 464.5
7 57.5 522
8 66.0 588
9 59.0 647
10 44.5 691.5
11 29.0 720.5 - 45.03 Pounds - 11 weeks Day 77, 5 days into breaking
78 Days 725.0 - 45.31 Pounds - Scale - 166 to 146 - lost 20 pounds

Another reason why Juice Fasting/Feasting is superior to Water Fasting and Dry Fasting is because it addresses many things that the Dry Fast and the Water Fast can NOT accomplish and that is to address the issues of Deficiencies, especially Glutathione which is needed to deal with all of those Chemicals from the Chemical Revolution and Biophotons which are needed to help all of our cells Communicate to one another and for us to Feel Connected to everything around us!

Another HUGE problem with Water Fasting and Dry Fasting is that most people do not have the time or money to take a vacation from life and its responsibilities and to lie in bed for 2 weeks or 2 months since it takes an equal amount of time to Recover from Fasting without Water or Food.

Another HUGE problem with Water Fasting and Dry Fasting is the FEAR Factor. Most people are NOT Willing to go without Food or Water for any length of time, but lots of people are familiar with Juicing and I’m convinced that the only way we can Wake Up the Masses is to duplicate what Bill Bright did in 1997 where we got 14 Million Christians to do a 40 Day Juice Fast like Christ Fasted for 40 Days on Water.

<<<I have always valued your opinion [Chris] on this forum but this is beyond anything I have ever read.>>>

Yes, Chris does offer some good information on topics like Adrenal Fatigue, but he is constantly attacking what we stand for, which is a Raw Vegan Diet and Fasting. He will argue that he eats Raw Fruits & Vegetables, but they only represent 20% of his diet. He will argue that there is no B12 or Vitamin D in Raw Plant Foods, but we are NOT supposed to get Vitamin D from our Food and Conditions have changed so we have to Modify our Species Specific Diet due to the Damage we’ve done to our Anatomy and our Environment. The Damage we’ve done to our Anatomy and our Environment in no way NEGATES the fact that we are Biologically Adapted to Eat Raw Plant Food. Chris does NOT want to accept this fact because he is “under the influence” or under a spell and wants to find some way to still have it, you know, like the alcoholic wants to find some way to still have the drug of their choice.

As Buddha once said, “Again, there may be some people in the future who...being under the influence of the taste of meat will string together in various ways many sophisticated arguments to defend meat eating.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 05:25PM by John Rose.

Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables