Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: OIL TO NUTS: The Truth About Fats
Date: February 11, 2014 10:01PM

And personally, l would be wary of the cronometer. It can be helpful for researching fat/carb/protein balances and calories, but the vitamin/mineral contents are very very dodgy.

I would use this and then cross reference the nutritional measurements with books and other website information to get a general idea.
[ndb.nal.usda.gov]

But even then, this only measures gross levels of nutrients and not bioavailable nutrients, so we need to use great caution and not get a false sense of security like many do.

This might not apply to your diet, but too many are also relying on the dodgy cronometer and not taking into account the negative effects of post food harvesting impacts on nutrients and synergy and the impacts of nutritional losses in general on non fresh foods. See, home sprouted legumes/grains/seeds/greens aren't prone to the type of post harvesting damage that comes from mass food delivery systems, so the synergy and nutritional losses aren't going to be a major factor like with other diets. Eg, a slight little knock/defect in fruit can massively reduce vitamin C, various b vitamins can be greatly lost in some greens at room temperiture, various nutrients can be slowly lost over time with even the best storage methods, and l have been told that some `so called' ripe fruits can be stored for weeks - months before being sold. In effect, mass food delivery systems are highly risky and not advised if the many of the foods can't be sprouted.

Got to keep the food fresh. Got to chelate the minerals. Got to reduce post harvesting food damage (crucial). Got to get those vitamin levels up. Increase phytonutrients (especially in this day and age). We need to do everything we can to get the nutrition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2014 10:05PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 11, 2014 11:15PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Seuz,
> > >
> > > are you able to write more about your diet if
> > you
> > > don't mind? How are you providing a good
> > balance
> > > of omega 3's?
> >
> > Depending on what other oils, nuts, and seeds
> I
> > will be having that day I have either 3 or 4 T.
> of
> > flax seed for breakfast. This always balances
> my
> > omega 6:3 intake!
> >
> > **This is my recipe for a 4 T. dose flax seed
> > meal breakfast.**
> >
> > I grind organic brown flax and put it in a
> > bowl with a big spoonful of organic centrifuged
> > coconut oil, (for better omega 3 conversion),
> then
> > I pour 3/4 of a cup of warmed up distilled
> water
> > over it and blend well with the spoon. I season
> it
> > with black salt.
> >
> >
> > You'd never know it wasn't cooked! I made
> this
> > recipe up and have been using it for years.
>
> Have you considered sprouting that flax for 2 days
> instead of grinding? Grinding can destroy minerals
> according to the science literiture. And the
> sprouting would chelate the minerals better due to
> the enzymes (yes the studies now prove food
> enzymes are effective), and you would want to
> increase bioavailability of the zinc as much as
> possible because zinc is considered inorganic in
> plants and of lower absorption than copper.
>
>
> Here is an interesting study on milled flax seed:
>
> Bioavailability of alpha-linolenic acid in
> subjects after ingestion of three different forms
> of flaxseed.
>
> Austria JA, Richard MN
> [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
>
>
> The key finding =
>
> RESULTS:
>
> Flaxseed ingestion over a 1 month period resulted
> in significant (P = 0.005) increases in plasma ALA
> levels in the flaxseed oil and the milled flaxseed
> supplemented groups. The former group had
> significantly (P = 0.004) higher ALA levels than
> the milled flaxseed group. The subjects
> supplemented with whole flaxseed did not achieve a
> significant (P > 0.05) increase in plasma ALA
> levels. An additional two months of flaxseed
> ingestion did not achieve significantly higher
> levels of plasma ALA in any of the groups.
> However, no significant increase was detected in
> plasma eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) or
> docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) levels in any of the
> flax-fed groups
>
>
> Why weren't EPA/DHA levels increased??? These
> people are probably meat eaters so they are more
> likely to get decent zinc levels, BUT they may be
> low in various B vitamins which didn't allow
> effective conversion of ALA to EPA/DHA. What this
> tells us is that we need to make sure we have good
> bioavailable zinc levels, b vitamins etc to make
> the effective conversion.
>
> Now...could it be that grinding lowered the levels
> in vital minerals and made conversion less
> effective? Probably not, but we need to be
> careful. Why grind when you can sprout instead and
> break down some of those fats/protein to simplier
> forms and break down some anti nutrients and
> increase various vitamins, enzymes, phytonutrients
> etc?
>
> Here is a study showing that milled chia did allow
> conversion to EPA.
>
> Supplementation of Milled Chia Seeds Increases
> Plasma ALA and EPA in Postmenopausal Women
>
> [link.springer.com]
> 2-0286-0#page-1
> [link.springer.com]
> 2-0286-0#page-1
>
>
> Now, we can't conclude too much from these
> studies, but they do bring up lots of questions,
> and they also show that taking lots of ALA doesn't
> neccessarily mean you are going to convert to
> DHA/EPA....this is very very important to keep in
> mind. We want to ensure the conversion, so being
> aware of increasing bioavailability of minerals,
> chelated minerals via sprouting, B vitamin
> maximisation via sprouted seeds etc is important.
> Also, flax have many anti-nutrients, so a
> probiotics and digestive enzyme is important when
> consuming this no mercy food. It's important to do
> this as best we can.

Woah, cowboy, I didn't realize you though I was asking for your advise when you asked the question. I guess you don't like my nice foolproof Omega balancing breakfast recipe.

I have sprouted and dehydrated flaxseed and have found that they sucks that way as do most sprouted seeds as I've mentioned a few times around here. I do not buy into the current raw food world zeitgeist that unsprouted seeds are inferior nutritionally to sprouted.

We do not know what babies are being flushed out in the bathwater with the anti-nutrients, etc., when sprouting, now do we? NO we don't but anyone without a zinc deficiency or some other problem which doesn't allow them to taste food properly can discern that something really big is missing when sprouted seeds are eaten. I don't think out tongues were just made for shooting the breeze they warn us about food, too.

I realize now that you haven't read my posts on these food subjects and were just asking that Omega 3 question to climb on your soapbox to talking around me but, geez, you sure have jumped ahead of yourself there haven't you?
Apparently you don't think I know what I'm doing based on around 300 calories of my diet!!!?

Date: February 11, 2014 11:27PM

> And personally, l would be wary of the cronometer.
> It can be helpful for researching fat/carb/protein
> balances and calories, but the vitamin/mineral
> contents are very very dodgy.

I am aware of that but it's better than not keeping track at all. Do you keep track of your daily intake? Do you have a better system of keeping track of what you eat every day to approximate your intakes? I'm all ears.

> I would use this and then cross reference the
> nutritional measurements with books and other
> website information to get a general idea.
> [ndb.nal.usda.gov]

You WOULD?! Does that mean you are not now doing just that? I do.

> But even then, this only measures gross levels of
> nutrients and not bioavailable nutrients, so we
> need to use great caution and not get a false
> sense of security like many do.

Is that the royal we?

> This might not apply to your diet, but too many
> are also relying on the dodgy cronometer and not
> taking into account the negative effects of post
> food harvesting impacts on nutrients and synergy
> and the impacts of nutritional losses in general
> on non fresh foods. See, home sprouted
> legumes/grains/seeds/greens aren't prone to the
> type of post harvesting damage that comes from
> mass food delivery systems, so the synergy and
> nutritional losses aren't going to be a major
> factor like with other diets. Eg, a slight little
> knock/defect in fruit can massively reduce vitamin
> C, various b vitamins can be greatly lost in some
> greens at room temperiture, various nutrients can
> be slowly lost over time with even the best
> storage methods, and l have been told that some
> `so called' ripe fruits can be stored for weeks -
> months before being sold. In effect, mass food
> delivery systems are highly risky and not advised
> if the many of the foods can't be sprouted.

More up on a soapbox speaking around me to the choir talk. Ok.

Date: February 11, 2014 11:42PM

Just sharing concepts, that's all. The post was for everyone, not just for you.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 12, 2014 12:08AM

The Sproutarian Man,

I am very appreciative of the information you share on this forum. Your point about Cron-o-meter is correct, as measuring the contents of foods is difficult. One thing is that I am sure the USDA charts don't use organic foods, which is what I eat, so the numbers are going to be off. Still, I use it (or the nutritiondata or fitday websites), as its the best we have for an automated tool.

Your point about fresh sprouts is right on too. I think I might need to do more sprouting around my house, as I have the seeds and equipment in my cupboard already.

Thank you for sharing here.

Date: February 12, 2014 12:36AM

Thanks Prana.

I don't come here to convert people to certain diets or to preach from my "soap box" to make various diets seem inadequate. I come here to share ideas and information, that is all. No-one knows it all, so l only provide food for thought, literally.

I still will keep my distance here. l have no interest engaging in arguments on forums. I don't care if people discard what l say....people are entitled to their own opinions and make up their own minds.

I am glad you are thinking of sprouting, especially those sprouted seeds and sprouted greens. The sprouts provide more oomph to the diet. I could never live on vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds...it doesn't satisfy, but the sprouts really lift the diet and fills the hunger well. And do it long enough and those strong sprouts no longer taste strong, they become very enjoyable to consume.

The sesame and chia sprouts are very important, sprouted poppy also if you can get it. All are excellent zinc, calcium and vitamin foods...they supply things that are hard to get in good amounts on the usual vegan diets, + the sprouted chia gives good omega 3's to balance out the 6's from the sesame/poppy/sunflower and nuts, + the sprouting increases the limiting amino acids in the vegan diet. I could go on and on forever about why sprouting is very important, but l will not do so here.

Date: February 12, 2014 01:02AM

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> -----
> > Seuz,
> >
> > are you able to write more about your diet if
> you
> > don't mind? How are you providing a good
> balance
> > of omega 3's?
>
> Depending on what other oils, nuts, and seeds I
> will be having that day I have either 3 or 4 T. of
> flax seed for breakfast. This always balances my
> omega 6:3 intake!
>
> **This is my recipe for a 4 T. dose flax seed
> meal breakfast.**
>
> I grind organic brown flax and put it in a
> bowl with a big spoonful of organic centrifuged
> coconut oil, (for better omega 3 conversion), then
> I pour 3/4 of a cup of warmed up distilled water
> over it and blend well with the spoon. I season it
> with black salt.
>
>
> You'd never know it wasn't cooked! I made this
> recipe up and have been using it for years.

So I'm probably done eating for today and I crunched some numbers on chronometer to show and tell how just how the above breakfast flax balanced out my omega 6:3s.

The numbers tell that had I not had the flax seed my omega 6:3 ratio would have been 5.45:1 - not good. Adding the flax seeds balanced the omegas out to 2.233:1 - pretty good, IMO.

My calories from flax oil today was 145.

My calories from all other fats and oils today was 900.

My total calories from oils and fats today 1,045.

I didn't eat as much as I usually do because I have been overeating the last few days and wasn't as hungry. That is why my breakdown of nutrients
was 73.2% lipids, 6.2% proteins, and 22% carbs today. Normally, but not always, my lipids run between 60% and 70%.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 12, 2014 01:36AM

SueZ, I will be very interested to hear how this diet works for you over the coming years as you practice this diet. How long have you been eating a 60%-70% lipid diet? Also, do you incorporate a lot of supplements, as I have heard this is necessary in a high fat diet?

Date: February 12, 2014 02:54AM

I haven't read many of your posts, so l hope you don't mind answering some questions if it has been already covered.

What foods do you use for calcium? How many mg do you estimate on an average day?

Do you take any supplements like B12, digestive enzymes etc?

What herbs are used?

Do you do greens?

Date: February 12, 2014 04:08AM

Prana Wrote:
> SueZ, I will be very interested to hear how this
> diet works for you over the coming years as you
> practice this diet. How long have you been eating
> a 60%-70% lipid diet?

I've been on the Conductivity Diet - with some of my own modifications - for almost 10 months.

Also, do you incorporate a
> lot of supplements, as I have heard this is
> necessary in a high fat diet?

I take fulvic acid, shilajit, chlorella, and very rarely maca.

I took digestive enzymes, prebiotics, and probiotics for over 20 years but I think the fulvic acid, seaweeds, and shilajit I'm taking now are doing a better job than they did.

I take Arjuna bark to supplement calcium and make sure I get plenty of herbal silica. Right now I'm drinking a quart of nettle cold brewed tea, for example. I don't think of these things as supplements. I think of them as herbal medicinal foods - the idea of that way of looking at it is from Tavis and, in my experience, I think he's right. I also take many spices and essential oils which I also think of as medicinal foods.

I don't take B12. My blood test last year was almost 500. That's the only B12 test my MD orders. As I don't have any symptoms, that I know of, I don't feel compelled to get the better B12 test. Last year my Vitamin D was low, as I recall it was 25. I don't take supplements for that because I'm testing to see if it's true that seaweed can help with that. When I get my next physical if my D level hasn't gone up I will take a supplement for that.

I take plenty of greens and sprouts.

Date: February 12, 2014 09:32PM

The more l think about the Tavis Bradley diet, the more big red flags are waved. Quite frankly, l don't think he is on the level and l am of the opinion that his ideas are nonsense and that he is a salesman.

Now please correct me if l am wrong. First he is said to be a strict fruitarian for 10 years. That is hardly the smartest decision IMO because that can open people up to nutritional deficiencies in certain nutrients, especially if done over such a long period of time. For the last 10 years he has been doing his current diet of non fresh foods and high oil content extracts. And now he suddenly comes out with all these claims that these non fresh foods and extracts are healing people. Where are all these people to give testimonials??? Does anyone know him from his `supposed' all raw period of 20 years? So we are supposed to get healthy on a non fresh diet and extracts and anti nutrients?

What is his research background, and where are his clients to prove his diet works to justify the high prices he charges for consultations? And one youtube has a girl who said she did his diet, she was in pain on the ground from this diet, her organs were pushed so hard...doesn't seem like responsible for a `so called' healer to have a client go through that extreme, sounds alittle dangerous.

Seuz, l hope the diet works for you and that my suspicions are proven wrong, but Tavis comes across as another airy fairy raw food salesmen that doesn't have reality based in common sense. My 6th sense is telling me something is not right with this fellow.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 09:42PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 12, 2014 10:07PM

In my eyes the Hippocrates diet is by far the best diet on the planet and nothing even comes close. Sproutarian, do you eat/juice all your foods immediately after harvesting or do you store anything?

Date: February 12, 2014 10:16PM

I also always hear about how high-fat raw vegan diets are really unhealthy but I haven't once seen a study that shows this. I've seen high-fat diets loaded in animal products and cooked food that show negative results, but never a high-fat raw. All I've ever heard are a few comments here and there from so-called raw gurus who "knew someone" who followed a raw high-fat diet and had significant issues. I would just like to see significant evidence of this, not just heresay.

Date: February 12, 2014 10:17PM

He doesn't set a very good impression at all on youtube with his body language - he has these wondering eyes which gives me the impression he doesn't have conviction in what he is saying. It's not just that, but his whole persona seems right off. I could be wrong, but this fellow raises major questions about nearly everything he is doing.

I will stick with Hippocrates Health Institute's common sense ideas and with Dr Caldwell Esselstyn.

Date: February 12, 2014 10:24PM

> He doesn't set a very good impression at all on
> youtube with his body language - he has these
> wondering eyes which gives me the impression he
> doesn't have conviction in what he is saying. It's
> not just that, but his whole persona seems right
> off. I could be wrong, but this fellow raises
> major questions about nearly everything he is
> doing.
>
> I will stick with Hippocrates Health Institute's
> common sense ideas and with Dr Caldwell Esselstyn.

To me he always looks depressed.

Date: February 12, 2014 10:30PM

> He doesn't set a very good impression at all on
> youtube with his body language - he has these
> wondering eyes which gives me the impression he
> doesn't have conviction in what he is saying. It's
> not just that, but his whole persona seems right
> off. I could be wrong, but this fellow raises
> major questions about nearly everything he is
> doing.
>
> I will stick with Hippocrates Health Institute's
> common sense ideas and with Dr Caldwell Esselstyn.

Could you share some of your best videos/literature of Dr Caldwell Esselstyn?

Date: February 12, 2014 10:32PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> I also always hear about how high-fat raw vegan
> diets are really unhealthy but I haven't once seen
> a study that shows this. I've seen high-fat diets
> loaded in animal products and cooked food that
> show negative results, but never a high-fat raw.
> All I've ever heard are a few comments here and
> there from so-called raw gurus who "knew someone"
> who followed a raw high-fat diet and had
> significant issues. I would just like to see
> significant evidence of this, not just heresay

Exactly. Where is the science that these herbs are thinning the oils and having the desired effect on the body, and where is the evidence that these stone crushed oils are working and not oxidised? When you extract something from a land food it is not going to be as stable imo, if you can prove me wrong, well and good.

These herbs may thin the blood, but show me the science which shows they are working with this high fat non fresh diet. I don't want to just hear fancy theories from books, l want to see more substance.

Also, if something doesn't across as common sense, this raises red flags imo.

Did Tavis study nutrition, plants or a related field at a school? It doesn't really matter, but l would like to check this man out more. From what l have read, he claims to have studied from a school that doesn't exist (it's only hearsay), but still, always good to see if someone is on the level, especially if they raise red flags and ignore lots of common sense.

Date: February 12, 2014 10:44PM

jtprindl Wrote:

>
>
> To me he always looks depressed.

Yes, he doesn't have the most positive vibration. I know he has a low key personality, but he doesn't have the raw food zest at all...his heart doesn't seem in it. It's like he is just doing business....no passion, just flat talk like a worn out old man.

No wonder he doesn't speak with zest, he is not eating lots of fresh land foods high in electrical frequency....instead he is incombining meals, eating questionable extracts, LOTS of pepper, shop bought non fresh food. I can't believe people are buying into this, but then again, most raw fooders will swallow anything.

Why isn't his miracle diet fixing that deep crease on his forehead?

Once again....he may be the best raw food leader ever, but so far he leaves much to be desired. It will be interesting if Dan the Man does well on his diet over the long term. Dan is supposed to have said that Tavis is a strong fellow, well, hopefully we will see proof of lots of super strong endurance people come out one day singing the praises of the Tavis Bradley diet. Until then....

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 12, 2014 10:54PM

who is this?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 12, 2014 10:55PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> In my eyes the Hippocrates diet is by far the best
> diet on the planet and nothing even comes close.

100% agreed. Nothing even remotely gets close imo.

> Sproutarian, do you eat/juice all your foods
> immediately after harvesting or do you store
> anything?

I usually eat them immediately after harvesting, but sometimes weather changes force me to refrigerate things.

I'll get back to Dr Esselstyn later. He has the smarts about him, no doubt. A very impressive fellow, so it's no wonder Dr Clement always talks about him so highly. The medical program Dr Esselstyn is setting up with Brian Clement now is the biggest step forward in the history of the medical profession - they are setting up medical courses with the basis on a Hippocrates sproutarian lifestyle while putting medicine in it's rightful place as an `only when needed' tool. Medicine can't keep on going down the road like it has been via over prescribed medications, and now people are waking up to the fraud. Brian Clement says the future is where people go back to the past and use food for healing (real fresh food), he reckons it's 50 years off before the idea catches on and most folks go back to eating that way. A horticulturalist told me recently that one of the biggest trends in plants is people buying plants that are edible for food and can regrow the food which has been harvested.

Date: February 12, 2014 11:00PM

fresh Wrote:
> who is this?
>
>
> [www.youtube.com]

That's the lady who was brought to her knees by the Tavis Bradley diet and was urinating chrystals and felt like she was dying.

But the diet could be a good seller because it has lots of fat to satisfy the SAD mentality and it can be convenient because you can just buy non fresh food from the shops [instead of growing it yourself] and add bought extracts. + it could sell well to old raw foodies because you can get lots of calories without too much effort.

Date: February 12, 2014 11:21PM

fresh Wrote:
> who is this?
>
>
> [www.youtube.com]

It's interesting that she has disabled the comments since the last time I saw her video. One of the comments was from Tavis setting the record straight. Oh well, people can do what they want with their own youtube channel.

I don't know who she is but from her take on things I think she might be one of the so called "detox professionals" that Dr. Morse trains and markets his herbs through. They all sound alike in a lot of ways - not to put her down. I think she means well but obviously she was nowhere near the physical condition to take on such a rigorous program without guidance and she suffered the consequences of that.

She probably just watched a few dantheman videos and went solo buying into her own competence in health matters, (another reason I suspect Morse training). Tavis has a cleanse for people in bad physical shape to use before attempting the Conductivity Diet which she obviously didn't do. When Tavis works with his mystery clients he's there one on one with them and does body work, etc. we are told.

Date: February 12, 2014 11:26PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> What herbal source of silica are you using Suez,
> is it horsetail grass ?
>
> If so it contains nicotine which is a
> vaso-constrictor. Seaweeds and nettle are good
> sources of silica.
>

Yeah, I mostly rely on seaweed and nettles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:00AM by Prana.

Date: February 12, 2014 11:29PM

tavis' fulfills the reincarnation myth and the cult of personality.

>Brian Clement says the future is where people go back to the past and use food for healing (real fresh food),

if the body has excess or insufficiency of something, that's not healing, that's providing the body with what it needs.

the medical model runs deep - it must be in our dna.

Date: February 12, 2014 11:44PM

fresh Wrote:
> tavis' fulfills the reincarnation myth and the
> cult of personality.
>
>
> >Brian Clement says the future is where people go
> back to the past and use food for healing (real
> fresh food),
>
> if the body has excess or insufficiency of
> something, that's not healing, that's providing
> the body with what it needs.
>
> the medical model runs deep - it must be in our
> dna.

Can you say that in a different way? I can't make heads or tails out of what you are trying to say.

Date: February 13, 2014 12:01AM

fresh Wrote:
> tavis' fulfills the reincarnation myth and the
> cult of personality.
>
>
> >Brian Clement says the future is where people go
> back to the past and use food for healing (real
> fresh food),
>
> if the body has excess or insufficiency of
> something, that's not healing, that's providing
> the body with what it needs.
>
> the medical model runs deep - it must be in our
> dna.

Hippocrates came to the reluctant conclusion [after decades] that sometimes drugs need to be used. For eg, not all diabetes 1 patients get completely well on various diets promoted by highly regarded people (one of the hardest diseases to fix), and sadly these people need to continue taking medication.

The same goes for people who are severely deficient in various nutrients, sometimes synthetics are best used for a short time. We live un-natural lifestyles and develop un-natural conditions, and sometimes it means un-natural healing methods need to be employed. I wish it didn't have to be that way, but we need to live in the real world. When the body is better balanced we can then move hopefully to more natural processes. It's not a perfect system, but that's the best we have got at the moment.

Date: February 13, 2014 12:19AM

I agree for the most part. regarding HHI, imo, the treatments (enemas,etc), expensive supplements, healing powers attributed to wheatgrass,etc, are misguided and hucksterism. but they are required to create the mystique, and predictable.

Date: February 13, 2014 12:41AM

SueZ Wrote:
> fresh Wrote:
> -----
> > tavis' fulfills the reincarnation myth and the
> > cult of personality.
> >
> >
> > >Brian Clement says the future is where people
> go
> > back to the past and use food for healing (real
> > fresh food),
> >
> > if the body has excess or insufficiency of
> > something, that's not healing, that's providing
> > the body with what it needs.
> >
> > the medical model runs deep - it must be in our
> > dna.
>
>
> Can you say that in a different way? I can't
> make heads or tails out of what you are trying to
> say.

How does Tavis fulfill the reincarnation myth and the cult of personality? This sound absolutely absurd. What are you trying to say? Do you think he's a charismatic person that people follow blindly? I hope not because he can barely spit things out and seems very uncomfortable in the public eye which seems like the opposite of a cult figure to me. Have you lost your mind or something?

Date: February 13, 2014 12:54AM

>How does Tavis fulfill the reincarnation myth and the cult of personality? This sound absolutely absurd. What are you trying to say? Do you think he's a charismatic person that people follow blindly? I hope not because he can barely spit things out and seems very uncomfortable in the public eye which seems like the opposite of a cult figure to me.

mysterious man, comes from nowhere, apparently raw for X years, wanted to get it right before showing himself to the teeming masses, arises in youtube form.

has followers who he is "healing"

conductivity ? labels, selling points, custom dietary regimens.
you've got to be kidding me.

another in the endless parade of dietary gurus, all of them unnecessary, when all one needs to do is walk outside and look around. what foods would be available in a tropical area? raw plants. high fat? no.

oils? probiotics? tasty chaga?

crazy stuff - gives people something to talk about and divert attention from simple life.

suit yourself.

>Have you lost your mind or something?

yes, but I am looking for it. will keep you updated. if you see it let me know, it has my name on it, it's Abby Normal.

Date: February 13, 2014 01:59AM

fresh Wrote:
> >How does Tavis fulfill the reincarnation myth and
> the cult of personality? This sound absolutely
> absurd. What are you trying to say? Do you think
> he's a charismatic person that people follow
> blindly? I hope not because he can barely spit
> things out and seems very uncomfortable in the
> public eye which seems like the opposite of a cult
> figure to me.
>
>
> mysterious man, comes from nowhere, apparently raw
> for X years, wanted to get it right before showing
> himself to the teeming masses, arises in youtube
> form.
>
> has followers who he is "healing"
>
> conductivity ? labels, selling points, custom
> dietary regimens.
> you've got to be kidding me.
>
>
> another in the endless parade of dietary gurus,
> all of them unnecessary, when all one needs to do
> is walk outside and look around. what foods would
> be available in a tropical area? raw plants.
> high fat? no.
>
> oils? probiotics? tasty chaga?
>
> crazy stuff - gives people something to talk about
> and divert attention from simple life.
>
> suit yourself.
>
> >Have you lost your mind or something?
>
> yes, but I am looking for it. will keep you
> updated. if you see it let me know, it has my
> name on it, it's Abby Normal.

He lives very simply and seems far more comfortable in his shell than in public and seems to have dropped out of sight so I can't agree with you at all. Maybe you are mistaking him for someone else. I've never heard anything about him pushing chaga and he does not recommend probiotics.

He's only a mystery man to the general public. All the top echelon raw gurus knew who he was all along. He must be doing something right to be able to afford to live in Sedona and do all of his business through word of mouth.

I don't care about that stuff though because he's the only one who figured out how to solve some of my stubborn health problems. That's all I need from a healer. The only thing he's ever gotten from me for all that is $11.

Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables