Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Raw Bodybuilding!!!
Date: July 04, 2007 12:37PM

I think people need to stop comparing themselves to the pumped up/juiced up heavyweight guys they see in the magazines, then trashing the raw lifestyle when they don't/can't reach that standard, I believe that bodybuilding and natural health do not go together, it's a human invention that is manipulated by various unatral means to achieve a desired look.

To me getting active and fit is way more natural and practical, after all how many times do you see animals in the wild at your local gym?

I don't want to look like this...

I much prefer this...

And I don't want to have to do this...

To look like this...

I'm perfectly happy with this...

But to each his/her own...

F1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Bodybuilding!!!
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 05, 2007 03:41AM

Wow, I like that first pic of the Steroidarian one

those veins just speak health on their own.

NOT

good example you set. eventually people will see the contrast/differences

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: July 05, 2007 06:23AM

wow..your hawt! smiling smiley Your an inspiration!

~ Tiffany

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart,
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 05, 2007 07:02AM

Your radiance far outshines the drugs! You look fantastic!

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: July 05, 2007 09:19AM

You're a beautiful man. Love your shirt. The other guys look disgusting.

Date: July 05, 2007 03:32PM

Thanks for the compliments...I'm not where I wanna be but I'm still happy with the skin I'm in, I think that's the great thing about going raw, the beauty from inside eventually shines on the outside.

F1

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: July 05, 2007 04:32PM

I still have a cyber crush on you!!
Haha

xxpeisi

Date: July 05, 2007 05:07PM

Oh stop your gonna make me blush!

Ha,ha!

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: July 05, 2007 08:57PM

I especially like the silver Amalgam tooth! That is so "50 Cent"!

Date: July 05, 2007 11:28PM

Rawrrr! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I especially like the silver Amalgam tooth! That
> is so "50 Cent"!

Ha,ha!

Date: July 06, 2007 10:10PM

Hello Fruitarian One,
My name is Philip McCoy. I live in Dallas, Texas. I want to say that I am very proud and impressed with all that you are doing to inspire others to live the highest nutitional diet known to man. You are having a special influence on young people who need what you are teaching by word and example. Your personal website is oustanding as well as your MySpace website. I will attempt to send more visitors to your websites. Keep up the great work.

Philip McCoy
[www.justeatraw.com]

Date: July 07, 2007 02:08AM

plm2142280 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Fruitarian One,
> My name is Philip McCoy. I live in Dallas, Texas.
> I want to say that I am very proud and impressed
> with all that you are doing to inspire others to
> live the highest nutitional diet known to man. You
> are having a special influence on young people who
> need what you are teaching by word and example.
> Your personal website is oustanding as well as
> your MySpace website. I will attempt to send more
> visitors to your websites. Keep up the great
> work.
>
> Philip McCoy
> [www.justeatraw.com]

Hey Philip, those are very special words and mean a lot to me, they come across very sincere and I appreciate it!!!

Hey Philip, do you know I'm having a Raw Fitness Bootcamp in Dallas on the 15th of this month?

Details here!
[z12.invisionfree.com]

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2007 02:17AM by The Fruitarian One.

Date: July 08, 2007 03:45AM

I prefer steroids myself. They taste like skittles!!!!

Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: July 08, 2007 08:36AM

Dr. Gonzo, I know you... I saw you a few years back then in previous board.

F1, I know the guy in the 4th pic... he's Lee Priest right?

All the Best,
Wong

Date: July 08, 2007 01:09PM

Yeah, do you know that the guy in the 3rd pic and the 4th pic are the same guy, the 3rd pic is off season/competition.

Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: July 08, 2007 02:47PM

What?!? Lee Priest can be that fat?? How do you know? Where did you find those pics?

All the Best,
Wong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2007 02:49PM by blue_sky.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 08, 2007 06:12PM

most bodybuilders bulk up or get fat in the off season ..the whole feast and fast thing is very hard on their bodies and yet they continue to selfpunish ...

scary smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 08, 2007 10:39PM

Yeah, I used to think they stayed buff all the time....their manipulate their diet to enhance their looks....

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 08, 2007 10:42PM

ewww thats really gross, barf
F1 yor bod is much much better looking than that... are you just as strong as them tho? bc most of that is bulk is water retention and watever

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: July 08, 2007 11:30PM

I knew a female bodybuilder who did the same thing. When she was offseason, she would pack on the weight. You would never think that she was a bodybuilder! While she was training she would put herself through the worst conditions. Her trainer actually had her working out 8 hours a day and only consuming 600 calories of nothing but chicken breasts for two weeks!

KelBel

Date: July 09, 2007 12:26AM

Yeah, and they say that going raw is unhealthy!

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 28, 2008 08:15PM

Fruitarian one,
Is that a modified photo? The one for....

"Oh stop your gonna make me blush!

Ha,ha! "

Date: November 28, 2008 10:14PM

Way to go man!
I did bodybuilding for years and consumed all the powders and pills (no steroids though) that were advertised in the magazines,and never got any bigger than what I am able to on raw.

Brian

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: November 29, 2008 01:45PM

Richard, I think it would be really interesting if Raw people started entering strength competitions like powerlifting and weightlifting...

That's because they are judged not on size but on strength/weight...I think it would be really telling if a raw foodist could compete with these people.

I used to also play high end basketball and I know through these circles that practically all athletes are on roids. The designer drugs today are nothing like 20 years ago...Nowadays a female can take these and still look femanine. Whereas before it is obvious...

This makes people like that Raw running guy all the more amazing. He will be competing against a lot of roidheads that are a lot younger than him.

Imagine a guy being able to compete completely clean against roidheads in strength sports.

Date: November 29, 2008 01:55PM

The new lines of drugs are going to be the myostatin inhibitors...Myostatin is an enzyme in your body that limits the size of your muscles. I heard from researchers that as soon as they have started doing tests on these, their mail was flooded by athletes wanting to get on those studies or even offering cash to get these drugs on a black market...

I'll link to this because this is a vegan board but here was a comparison of a study done on mice...
[www.pnas.org]

It looks like the future of bodybuilding is going to be very large...I think these bodybuilders have something wrong with them. No one thinks anorexia is beautiful, it's a mental illness. I think bodybuilding is very much like a cult.

Another thing about Maostatin is that not only does it inhibit muscle size but it increases tendon and ligament strenght and flexibility. So it will be interesting to see how records are broke and if that increase correlates with much more injuries.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2008 02:00PM by Kombaiyashii.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 29, 2008 02:37PM

yeah, but not all bodybuilders take steroids; my mom is into bodybuilding and she has one of the most common "standard healthy" diet and she didn't take any supplements when she competed

so wherever you draw the line to natural i guess; but let's not make it seem like every body builder who doesn't eat fruit is roiding or looks fat + muscular, you know?

you look good though!

Date: November 29, 2008 02:55PM

I meant at high levels...

Date: November 29, 2008 02:56PM

I've been 2 yrs all raw. I eat a low fat raw vegan diet. Plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. No "superfoods" or raw proteins. I eat every 2-3 hours when I'm awake. I work out regularly with weights and I do a little running on the treadmill too. I enjoy the best of health. I am ripped.

But here's the downside. I went from 195lbs to 155lbs. I am 6' tall and I'm male btw. I look thin, and no matter how much I work out I can't seem to put on mass. It's a real, real dissapointment for me. When I'm on cooked I put on muscles and mass quickly and I look really good size wise. But then I'm not nearly as healthy as I am now. Therein lies the dilemma.

I've have looked at other rawfooders who workout and I see the same thing. They are all ripped but they are all thin and small.
I'm beginning to lose hope that I will ever get bigger. I am convinced that a 100% low fat raw vegan diet(such as I do)cannot put mass on you.
All I want is to not look thin. I wish I could put another 20lbs on to 175 but I beginning to doubt that it will ever happen(unless I introduce some cooked back in my diet). I'm not a professional bodybuilder nor do I want that kind of a body. I just want to look like a regular sized guy among people, not this too thin person who looks like he lives in a third world country (I'm from New York).

Damn you Raw Food Diet, is that too much to ask?

Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: November 29, 2008 06:50PM

You guys might want to check out Charlie Abel: [www.charliesgym.info]

He's an older guy that eats a relatively low fat raw vegan diet. He's pretty jacked.

I know he has a body building guide, but I've never read it.

Date: November 29, 2008 07:13PM

RusticBohemian wrote "You guys might want to check out Charlie Abel".

I bought his Ebook. He's a fake. He has no pictures in it. The pics on his website are back when he was not a raw foodist. He's just trying to fool people into thinking that he built that body on raw food. He mentions about winning third place in some BB competition a few years ago but doesn't say if he was on raw or not. I'm betting he wasn't otherwise he would proudly say it. On top of that I saw him in a video at an organic athlete forum and you couldn't even tell if he was a bodybuilder. Pity I didn't see that video before buying his Ebook. I emailed him a few questions and he never replied. What a fake.

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables