Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 11
Re: 100% Fruitarian for 1 year
Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: January 05, 2009 05:33PM

Day 21 100% Fruit.

Ok today is my fast day. But i am thinking of ways to improve that nasty lime juice. i think i may have come up with something. i will experiment with it later (i may break the fast later today) and report back. If i am correct and its as delicious as i think it will be, i will have a Raw Remnant original....

i did the four mile power march today. i weigh 190lbs this morning (slightly below my normal weight). i feel great and still have alot of energy....

Until later..

Grace and Peace be multiplied.

todd

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 05, 2009 11:10PM

Early evening Day 21 100% Fruitarian. I broke my fast at about 5pm today. Not because i was dying of hunger, but i was excited with anticipation. Whenever i create a new dish i get excited. My wife is used to it . It came to me at my office, which is what prompted the prior post.

Well, i am glad to announce that the experiment went extremely well. i introduce.drum roll please............TA DAAAA..the Raw Remnant Avocado dressing. It still needs improvement, but it did taste wonderful. Here is what i did:

i took the juice of one lime (i will use half a lime next time) and put it in a blender with, one-half a haas avocado, the juice of two gala apples, one hungarian wax pepper (its a hot pepper, you should use a half a bell pepper if you are not into spicy) and blended it well. Now i added 3 neglet dates but if i had used less lime they wouldnt have been necessary. It was smashing indeed.

i made the non-sweet fruity salad from: 4 stalks of chopped celery, one-half orange bell pepper, one-third chopped english cucumber, one-half tomato chopped well, the other half of the haas avocado and a hunk of chopped papaya, all covered in the above Avocado Dressing. Delicious. i am totally full and satisfied right now. Now i have a very tasty non-sweet fruity salad.

i think it will be even better next time as i make the above-mentioned improvements. i will take a picture then.

Day 21 all fruit is history.

Grace and Peace be multiplied unto you.

todd

Date: January 06, 2009 04:34PM

Day 22 of 100% fruitarian. i go into work later today so that gives me alittle extra time. We still got out nice and early for our power march. i then had a delicious fruit salad. i find that for me one of the keys as to how nice the fruit salad is going to be is how sweet the melon i am using is. If the melon is ripe and sweet (as it was this morning), then its going to be a pretty good salad. The salad had these ingredients:

2 chopped bosc pears, one peach, 4 clementines, one whole cantelope, 3 bananas, all covered in oj syrup. Regarding the syrup, i found that i actually squeezed 10oz of juice today. i used 13 neglet dates and a handful of raisins to get the desire consistency of the syrup. It would have been too watery for me otherwise. Good enough to drink but i like it alittle thicker on my salad.

i noticed as i read some of the posts of others that some people have trouble eating bad things at night. Last night my wife and i were watching a dvd documentary together after the children went to bed. She went and got a small bowl of grapes. Well that gave me the munchies and i went and got 4 clementines and 3 bananas. i was totally satisfied. i thought that if anyone wants something late, try to get a nice size of fresh fruit. Not a little bit, a good size amount. That may help.

Later i am planning on duplicating the non-sweet fruit salad i had yesterday.....

until later.

Grace and Peace be multiplied unto you.

todd

Date: January 07, 2009 02:56AM

Evening Day 22 100% fruitarian. i did indeed make the non-sweet fruit salad with the Avocado dressing for dinner this afternoon. i liked it even better today than yesterday. i have fallen in love again.

Later i also had 4 bananas, one stalk of celery and about 24oz of juice made from apples, pears and dates.

Day 22 is over.

todd

Date: January 07, 2009 11:29PM

Evening of Day 23 100% Fruitarian. One of the "problems" of the fruitarian diet is that sometimes there is just too much to eat. Today i have such a problem. i didn't eat until 11am today. i made a large delicious fruit salad. Problem was that usually my family eats of it and i always end up with essentially two bowls. This fills and satisfies me. Because i made my salad too late, i was the only one eating it. i wasn't sure if my family would eat some anyways, but no body wanted any. So i had too much.

Well, i would usually just put it away and eat the rest later. But i really want this non-sweet fruity salad with avocado sauce (which i have been making improvements to each day). So what to do with the extra sweet fruity salad. i figured i would either (a) turn it into a late night smoothie (i am so stuffed at this moment i can't imagine) or (b) save it until tomorrow for a breakfast smoothie (more likely).

i wish i could do a star trek-like move and beam it to someone who is hungry today, but of course that is not possible now. So we'll see. ok, first the sweet salad:

2 peaches, 2 bosc pears, half a honeydew melon, 4 clementines, one navel orange, 3 bananas (i ate a fourth banana while preparing it), all drenched in oj syrup.

The non-sweet salad:
2 Large celery stalks, one cucumber, one avocado, slice of orange bell pepper, quarter of a large papaya, three-quarters of a tomato, all covered in avocado dressing. i took pictures but having technical issues (perhaps i will be able to post them another time).

i made slight changes to the dressing today. i added the juice of half a lemon with the juice of half a lime. i used one whole avocado (i had a big taste for that) instead of half ( two avocados with the meal, please no 811 drama ) i stuck with the 3 dates and added one quarter of a tomato. It came out very good as i thoroughly enjoyed it (again).

It is now 6:21pm est. i ate that last meal about 5:30pm. i am stuffed, so its unlikely i will consume anything else today, but if i do it will be the smoothie.

I did the 4 mile power march today and the series of calistenic and isometric exercises i have been doing lately.

todd

Date: January 08, 2009 06:02PM

Thursday, Day 24 100% fruitarian. Felt physically wonderful today, but mentally stressed due to personal circumstances. But we all have crosses to bear and do the best we can. Moving forward, we did the 4 mile march today, then i returned and did a couple of sets of pushups with some wall squats.

Prior to going out, i ate 2 bananas.

When i returned and got ready for work i drank the leftover fruit salad from yesterday as a smoothie (i added a banana and some fresh cantelope to freshen it up a bit with a little water) and ate another two bananas. i packed a lunch that is 3 bananas, 2 golden delicious apples, one avocado.

Not sure what i will have later at this point. About yesterday, that extra avocado did weigh on my stomach last night. After a good night's sleep i felt great this morning, but i learned that with the particular meal i ate yesterday, one avocado is enough. i can eat more than one during the day but only on a mono basis. Combined with other things i only need one.

Feeling energetic and ready to seize the day.

Until later.

Grace and peace be multiplied.

todd

Date: January 09, 2009 12:02AM

Evening of Day 24 100% fruitarian. "Necessity is the mother of invention".
i had a taste for something savory again. But i didn't want to eat another avocado because i had eaten one earlier and was not really hungry. Eating another one would surely make me feel like i had a weight in my stomach. i wanted a non-sweet fruity salad. But what to do about the sauce? Without the avocado, the one i had been making would not taste the same. Suddenly, i looked at my window sill and what did i see? A mango! i rarely buy mangos this time of year because they usually do not taste as good as in the summer. i mean they ship them in from South America in the winter and from california, florida and mexico in the summer. For some reason the summer ones taste way better to me. Anyway, they looked pretty good last weekend so i bought some. So i made a chutney with it. If you like indian food you will love it (if not, well thats another story). i cut up the mango and as it did i realized i would not have enjoyed eating it alone. True to form the smelll and texture told me it would not taste right (now mango is my favorite fruit, if i was ship-wrecked on an uncharted island with mango and avocado take your time sending help, i will be fine). The mango was definitely ripe though and i placed it in my vitamix with

the juice of one lime (goes great with the lime)
the juice of one gala apple
one large hungarian wax pepper
1/3 cup of raisins (not packed)
1/3 cup of chopped dates
the afore-mentioned mango

Blend until creamy.

Delicious. VERY hot. If you are not into spicy do not attempt this at home.

i made the salad from:
one chopped gala apple
one-third of an orange bell pepper
two stalks of celery (large stalks)
one chopped cucumber

If i had a stopped up nose....this would have thoroughly cleared it up...(smile)
But it was delicious and completely satisfied my craving for something savory.
So now we add to the repetoire....the RawRemnant Fruit Chutney.

Grace and Peace be multiplied to all.

todd

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 09, 2009 10:54AM

tglasco4 your diary is so inspiring keep up the good work smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 09, 2009 10:18PM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tglasco4 your diary is so inspiring keep up the
> good work smiling smiley

Glad to hear its of help to you inspirationally. Thank you so much for your encouragement.(smile)

Day 25 100% fruitarian. i had to leave the house early this morning to get an oil-change. i took my breakfast with me. 6 bananas, 2 apple. The folks in the waiting room must have thought i was weird, but whatever, i was satisfied.

Later for dinner i had the non-sweet fruity salad with avocado dressing. But i made some changes. i couldn't afford the papaya this week so i substituted a gala apple. i was able to get some plantain and chopped up about a third of one for the avocado sauce, came out pretty good. In fact, very good (if i may say so myself). i also added some raisins to the sauce. i have found that raisins actually give both the avocado dressing and the chutney a nice flavor. My daughter suggested i put some cantelope in the salad since i didn't have any papaya, but i will leave that for another day. i also used a different type of avocado today. Instead of the haas (my favorite), i used one i believe is called a fuerte. It is bigger in size but lighter in taste and they say it has less fat in it. Anyways, it tasted pretty good, but i like the haas better.

That is all i had to this point. i may eat some bananas and melon later but that is not guaranteed.

For exercise today i did the four mile march and some circuit training for about 15 minutes.

Have a great weekend.

todd

Date: January 10, 2009 11:13PM

Saturday, Day 26 100% Fruitarian. Typical day today. Made a large sweet fruit salad with oj syrup for breakfast. Ate one bowl of it and then had the rest for lunch. i am eating a large bowl of non-sweet salad with avocado syrup for dinner right now.

i added the juice of a peach (it was going bad) and threw in a small chunk of banana to the oj syrup. Interesting what you can do with fruit.

No exercise today.

Have a nice weekend.

Grace and Peace be multiplied

todd

Date: January 11, 2009 09:14PM

Sunday day 27 100% Fruitarian. This morning i ate 6 bananas and 4 clementines. i didn't feel like having a fruity salad today. It was very nice to just be able to grab some fruit and simply eat it.

That was breakfast, dinner was another story. i have a serious taste for something savory and the non-sweet fruity salad with avocado dressing is filling the bill. i believe its because of the hot pepper i add to it (the hungarian wax pepper). i made this salad alittle larger today in that i added more chopped celery and one extra cucumber (two total). Incidentally, i believe i can create a plantain sauce with a ripe one as i tried it today with one that wasn't very ripe and it came out pretty good (i added one-third of an avocado which gave it an avocado flavor).When i can obtain a ripe plantain, i will either add it to the chutney recipe or make a plantain sauce or both. In any case, i believe it will be delicious and again, the hot pepper is the key for me. So, in summary, here is the meals of today so far:

Breakfast:

6 bananas, 4 clementines.

lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad with avocado dressing.

My wife and i had a nice stroll of 4 miles today. i may do some pushups later. i also may eat more fruit or have a apple-pear-date juice, but we'll cross that bridge later.

Grace and Peace to you all.

todd

Date: January 12, 2009 01:11PM

Day 28 100% fruitarian. Today's menu is very simple, air, sunshine and water. Its monday so i am fasting today. At this moment its alittle after 8am (i am running alittle late) and its very cloudy out, not much sunshine. But its better than none and the fresh air is still there. i am off for a power march. You all have a wonderful day

todd

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: January 12, 2009 08:00PM

Wonderful! More power to ya!

How are you feeling, anyway? Same, better, anything different?

I had a romaine, ataulfo mango, orange juice salad today, very good and satisfying. Very freshy clean tasting.

Grace and peace to you too.

Date: January 12, 2009 09:12PM

Elakti Wrote:
> Wonderful! More power to ya!
>
> How are you feeling, anyway? Same, better,
> anything different?
>
> I had a romaine, ataulfo mango, orange juice salad
> today, very good and satisfying. Very freshy
> clean tasting.
>
> Grace and peace to you too.

thank you very much Elakti(smile). I have a slight increase in energy and strength. Being that i was raw before i guess at this point there isn't a tremendous difference. But i do expect that to change, when i don't know. Although i am doing this primarily for spiritual reasons, i do hope to accomplish some other things. One is that i would like to see if my taste buds change. i have always hated uncooked veggies and non-sweet fruits. Even when i went raw i could only eat them with salt and/or olive oil. i believe that my system is addicted to salt. i think this is true for most of society but its just that most don't realize it because the processed food always has alot of salt in it. i am hoping that with the use of this diet, i can overcome this addiction and have a change of taste buds. i believe my taste buds have been perverted. Your salad for example, it sounds very healthy and clean but at this point romaine would taste horrible to me without salt or oil on it. Or at least a pate that contained salt. i am hoping that in a year that will be different. But i feel good, my weight is stable at this point. But its only been 28 days. i think things will really begin to change once i get to 60 days. We'll see.

Thanks for your encouragement. More power to you as well!!

Grace and Peace be multiplied to you.

todd

Date: January 13, 2009 03:45PM

Tuesday, Day 29 100% Fruitarian. Ok, i broke the fast this morning with 2 bananas. Then did the power march. After that i ate another banana while i was preparing a fruit salad with oj syrup.

The fruit salad had: 2 bosc pears, 2 peaches, 3 bananas, half of a cantelope and about half a cup of raisins. i mixed all that up with the oj syrup. i will have two bowls this morning and later make a smoothie with the rest.

Day 29 is on.......until later.

todd

Date: January 14, 2009 01:53AM

Evening of Day 29 100% fruitarian. My last main meal of the day was a non-sweet(?) fruity salad with chutney sauce. Now i wanted to try the plantain in the sauce, which i did. But i was too much of a coward to try it alone, so i added a mango to it. i put this pepper in it......it was very HOT. So hot, i decided to use half of that next time. i think its called a anaheim pepper but i am not sure at the moment. Its very small like the size of a large grape or a cherry tomato and its orange, has alot of little seeds in it. Anyways, i have had them before but its been awhile sure heated up my experience today. Actually the sauce would have been fine without it. i also think i put alittle too much raisins in it. Again, tasted good but could have been less sweet. So afraid of not having any flavor, will be nice when i overcome this salt addiction. i did add extra celery to it and that did very well with the lemon juice, lime juice and apple juice. Next time i will see what happens without any type of pepper and if i need some i will add just a half or a third of one. This is one of the nice things about this journey......experimentation.

So here was the salad (it was too big, i ate too much and it digested well anyways......raw is great winking smileyd)

one cucumber
one half tomato
one avocado
2 apples
4 large stalks of celery
half a ripe plantain

The sauce was:
celery (you know the middle of a bunch of celery is usually small, light colored with some leaves?) i chopped it up and threw that in the blender.

half a plantain
one anaheim pepper
juice of one lime
juice of one lemon
juice of two apples
one mango

blended until creamy.

poured that over the salad and devoured it......it was good. winking smiley

about 4 hours later i had a 8 oz glass of smoothie made from my leftover fruit salad from earlier and a handful of raisins.

Totally ate like a pig today. All fruitarian.....All Raw.......beautiful.

Day 29 is done.

todd

Date: January 15, 2009 12:39AM

Wednesday, Day 30 100% Raw Fruitarian. Well, this is the 30th day. Not much noticable change so far, but its still very early (30 day raw challenges notwithstanding). i really believe i will not see any changes until the 60-90 day range. That will be interesting. i had to leave the house early today and our food supply it getting low in terms of raw. Good thing i get paid on Friday. i did have enough to eat well today and that is all that matters. i have learned that life is definitely one day at a time. For breakfast today i had:

2 bananas
2 avocados.

That was at 7:30am. i didn't eat again until 5:30pm. The truth is, i wasn't really getting hungry until about 4pm. i don't like to eat my meals this way, but circumstances caused it to be. i really like to eat my second meal before 3pm and have some fruit or a smoothie later. Anyways, that didn't happen today and i knew it was possible that the day would be like this which is why i ate the two avos early. They did a good job of holding me. Dinner was delicious. i am not sure if it was so good because i was hungry or because it was just good. i think it was alittle of both. i didn't have some of the things i would like for my salad, but i made use of what i did have and it turned out well.

3 stalks of celery
2 apples
1 cucumber
half an haas avo
one third of a sweet bell pepper

The sauce was the avo sauce and since it always changes at least a little here are todays ingredients:

The juice of two small bosc pears.
2 stalks of celery
half a hungarian wax pepper
juice of one lime
juice of one lemon
one-third a cup of chopped dates
one-third a cup of raisins
half an haas avo
3oz of water

Blended well and poured over the salad. It was very good. Not too sweet, but just right and savory enough to satisfy me.

For exercise i didn't do any today as of yet. But i will do some circuit training in about 45 minutes from now which will probably last 20 minutes.

Grace and Peace be multiplied to all

todd

Date: January 16, 2009 01:08AM

Day 31 100% Fruitarian. The problem today was that i was running out of food. Good thing i get paid tomorrow and can do some shopping. So it was about putting together what i had. For breakfast it worked out very well, i used the two oranges i had left, with some dates, raisins and a mango that wasn't sweet anyways and made a delicious syrup. After my family ate their breakfast i had a good amount of fruit for my salad.

half a large cantelope
3 bananas
2 small bosc pears
2 very dry peaches
half a chopped up mango

i am in virginia, not the tropics. So the fruit is not always of the highest quality but you use what you have. The mangos are bad this time of year. Bitter actually, and they do not ripen very well. The peaches are usually dry inside. The go from unripe to dry in the winter. They are sent from somewhere in South america usually and being that peaches are sensitive (in my experience), they don't usually do too well with being transported great distances. Now about 3 weeks ago, there was a batch in from chile that were the exception that proved the rule. i tried to take full advantage of that by buying as many as i could. The reason i still buy both the peaches and the mango now is because the oj syrup covers up alot of blemishes and even fruit of inferior quality can be used in sauces and smoothies in my experience. The sauce that i was able to make today really made this fruit salad hum.

For dinner, i was limited to two stalks of celery and one cucumber from the usual non-sweet suspects. i had three small bosc pears left which i placed in this salad (mistake). i made a sauce that had plantain, mango and avocado, that was actually quite good, except i really needed the apple juice and celery. But i didn't have them so.......... i also put the juice of one lemon, one lime and some water (to make up for what would have been apple juice). i used half a hungarian wax pepper. After adding about one third a cup of raisins and a small handful of chopped dates, it was pretty good. But again, would have been much better with the apple juice and celery. So to recap the dinner salad had:

one chopped plantain
one cucumber
2 stalks of celery
3 bosc pears
alittle of the leftover mango

All doused in the above-mentioned sauce. The only mistake was the pears. They made a sharp bitter taste in this salad. The sauce was good enough to cover it so that it was still a enjoyable meal for the most part......over all it was a grade C+ dinner. But it will become grade A when i get the right ingredients.

i didn't do my circuit training last night but i was able to do it this morning after the four mile march.

Day 31 is done.

todd

Date: January 16, 2009 08:56PM

Friday, Day 32, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Today was much better fare than yesterday. i was able to obtain some of the items i needed. The plan was to fast for breakfast, but my wife saved me a small bowl of cantelope and one banana. That was a pleasant surprise. i am usually off on Fridays and use that day to do my grocery shopping. i got out early this morning to beat the Friday crowds. There weren't really any tremendous deals this week :-\, but i did get some apples for $1 per pound. For dinner i made avocado sauce and my hunch was correct as the celery with the apple juice really gives it a flavor that helps me overcome the salt cravings. i really like putting plantain in my salad also, i find that i like the plantain yellow with black spots. This is not considered fully ripe, but i do not like the mushy consistency of the fully ripe ones except as a sauce. So here were today's meals in summary:

Breakfast:
about a cup of chopped cantelope and one medium banana.

Dinner:

non-sweet salad of:
3 stalks of celery
2 small fuji apples
one cucumber
one half orange bell pepper
one plantain
one tomato

Avocado sauce:
one avocado
juice of one lime and one lemon
juice of one large cameo apple
one stalk of celery
one hungarian wax pepper and half a anaheim pepper (into spicy today)
handful of raisins
small handful of chopped dates.

Didn't exercise yet. It was about 10 degrees here this morning so no walk today. i will do a about 3 sets of pushups and some wall squats in a few minutes.

You all have a great weekend smiling smiley.

todd

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: January 17, 2009 04:39AM

Sounds like you had a great day, todd! I think we all deserve a big pat on the back for staying raw in this 'colder than a freezer' weather we're having.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 17, 2009 08:51PM

kwan Wrote:
> Sounds like you had a great day, todd! I think we
> all deserve a big pat on the back for staying raw
> in this 'colder than a freezer' weather we're
> having.

Hey Kwan how are you doing? Its interesting but i don't even think of the weather in terms of my diet. i did when i first went raw, but its really not on my mind now. i get warm from warm clothes, blankets, heat in the house. But i don't think in terms of soups or hot food. i can't even explain why, but i just don't. i wonder if that is common with raw foodists?

todd

Date: January 17, 2009 11:44PM

Saturday, Day 33 100% Fruitarian. i ate very well today. i mean the food was nutritious and definitely delicious. Adding a mango to the oj syrup caused me to have a new love. Indeed, i can use the bitter winter mangos and then in the summer indulge in the sweetness of the good mangos. It is my favorite fruit (if you couldn't tell already). Anyways, here is the menu from today:

Lunch (no breakfast today):

Sweet Fruit salad:
3 bananas
one cup of raisins
one quarter of a cantelope
two nectarines (they were surprisingly sweet and juicy for this time of year)
two peaches
half a chopped mango
2.5 clementines

with OJ-Mango syrup:
half a chopped mango
the juice of two large navel oranges
handful of raisins
half a clementine
two prunes
handful of chopped dates

DELICIOUS.

Dinner:
non-sweet fruit salad:
one plantain
one half orange sweet bell pepper
one cucumber
two small fuji apples
2 large stalks of celery

with plantain-mango chutney:
one very ripe plantain
one mango
juice of one lime
juice of one large cameo apple
one large stalk of celery
handful of raisins
half a anahiem pepper (it was sooo hot)

This sauce was absolutely delicious without the pepper, but knucklehead me has a pepper fetish.

i was totally stuffed after dinner. But it was amazing that within an hour the food was pretty much digested, yet i was still very satisfied and not wanting anything else to eat.

Day 33 is in the books.

todd

Date: January 19, 2009 03:47AM

Sunday, Day 34, 100% Fruitarian. Great day today foodwise. Delicious. Also something sort of ironic and funny is happening in my house. When i first went raw in 2004, my family (especially my wife) was totally against it. They thought i had lost my mind. 3 months after i went raw, i decided to do a 10 day Master Cleanse. Well, that turned into a 30 day juice fast. During that 30 days, my wife tempted me with all my favorite cooked meals and desserts, but i prayed for grace and cruised through. In fact after 20 days, i decided to go 10 more, my wife made me promise to stop at 30. After 30 days, i really felt like going 10 more but she put her foot down reminding me of my promise. After that experience, my wife and my children decided to give raw a try. My oldest daughter actually stayed 100% raw for over a year. Then they got the bug and wanted to do a juice fast, which we all did together in 2005. In between i have done many fasts, usually alone. Many times i would be fasting while everyone else was eating. When everyone was fasting i was fasting with them. Well, my wife and children all decided to do a Master cleanse starting tomorrow. But i would be on day 35 of a fruitarian diet and don't wish to break my string. So this is the first time everyone will be fasting and i will be eating.

Today i made a fruit salad with mango-oj syrup. Since everyone is fasting tomorrow they decided to really pig out this weekend. Which means i was fortunate to get a bowl and a half of my own salad.
Needless to say the mango sauce is a hit. For dinner i made the non-sweet salad with avocado sauce (Delicious).

Later i had an avocado and then a 32oz fruit smoothie about an hour after that.

Overall, a delicious fruity day.

i walked 4 miles today for exercise.

Day 34 over and out.

todd

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: January 19, 2009 04:03PM

Todd,
That's so neat that your family has joined you in your raw food adventures. That must be really gratifying for you!

My husband is eating a lot more raw food now, and he's cut way back on meat, but he's extremely reticent to do any kind of fasting, because he's already very lean and he's afraid he'll waste away. He works out with me at the gym almost daily and has what mainstream society would consider an extremely healthy lifestyle and diet, so I'm proud of him even though he's not 'raw.'

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 19, 2009 08:06PM

Monday Day 35 %100 Fruitarian. Noticed a couple of things in the last 24-48 hours. My bm's have been quite heavy both yesterday morning and this morning. i'd say about three times the normal amount. Correspondingly, my weight has dropped to 188lbs. Its been about that for the last week. Seems like every so often during this last month, my body just decides to do a housecleaning. i believe this is normal but it appears to be alittle more intense since i have been on all fruit.

This morning i awoke to find that three of my family members had gotten very sick during the night. My wife, oldest daughter and son all had been vomiting repeatedly. We visited a church last saturday and i think they caught something their from among the people. i was going to forgo my fast today because i wanted to enjoy the fruit, but when everyone is feeling so sick i thought i would fast and pray for them. My daughter said to me this morning "Dad, i will never do that again. i will never overeat because i am about to start a fast". Sometimes alittle suffering brings wisdom. i felt bad for them this morning as i was leaving for work. i bought plenty of oranges yesterday so i think they will be fine by tomorrow.

Today i didn't exercise (yet) and i haven't eaten (yet). i am thinking if i do decide to eat today i will have a cantelope, but we'll see.

Until later....

todd

Date: January 19, 2009 08:09PM

kwan Wrote:
> Todd,
> That's so neat that your family has joined you in
> your raw food adventures. That must be really
> gratifying for you!
>
> My husband is eating a lot more raw food now, and
> he's cut way back on meat, but he's extremely
> reticent to do any kind of fasting, because he's
> already very lean and he's afraid he'll waste
> away. He works out with me at the gym almost daily
> and has what mainstream society would consider an
> extremely healthy lifestyle and diet, so I'm proud
> of him even though he's not 'raw.'

Hello there Kwan. Yes, i am very happy that my family eats a clean vegan diet. It can even be considered high raw actually. The power of example is better than any words can ever be. i never coached or forced my family. My daughter started asking me questions and then she followed. Then my wife and my other daughter and finally my son. It took about 10 months which is not very long before everyone was onboard. The results really speak for themselves.

Grace and Peace be multiplied to you.

todd

Date: January 20, 2009 01:14AM

Evening, Day 35 100% Fruitarian. Ok, i think i am beginning to become a real fruit addict. Maybe thats good, but i have to watch my budget. Here's the story. My son and my wife were still feeling horrible when i called home from the office at 5:30pm. My son was begging me to get him some ginger ale from the health food store because he felt that would ease his stomach. i obliged and went to my local market. When i got there i decided to get some more oranges because my family had been using what i already bought for juice during the day because of the illness. But once i got into the produce section, my eyes caught some perfectly spotted and ripe organic bananas. Of course i just bought about 10lbs of bananas this past weekend, but they were real green and far from ripe. i was nearly giddy as i put about 6lbs worth in my cart. Then i got 16lbs of oranges, i saw a sale on tangerines so i grabbed them also. i went and checked out and was nearly out the store when i remembered i never got the ginger ale.

So back i went. i got the ginger ale and arrived home to find everyone in the living room sprawled out on the couch and the convertible chair except my youngest daughter. i asked her if she wanted something to eat and she reminded me that she was fasting. Not only that she said she wasn't hungry but was having a serious chones for toast and jam. When she saw me with my hands full of fruit she quickly left the room.

i have never been in this position and it feels weird. Anyways, i ate 5 of the deliciously ripe bananas. Then i cut myself a nice piece of cantelope, but, it wasn't very sweet at all. So i chopped it up and added two nectarines, 3 clementines and 3 small bananas with some raisins and made some mango juice syrup with it. i had to quietly take it upstairs to my bedroom and close the door because my youngest daughter was having a hard time and my other family members would feel sick at the sight of food. What a situation.

But honestly, that fruit salad was DELICIOUS! Especially that mango syrup. i mean wow. Well, thats my story for the day.

Day 35 100% fruitarian, done.

todd

Date: January 21, 2009 03:39AM

Today is day 36 of 100% Fruitarian. i didn't leave the house until our new President was sworn in (What a Day!). i ate a non-sweet fruity salad first today. It was so good, that i was literally licking the bowl while watching the Inauguration. i ate two tangerines after that.

For lunch i ate 5 bananas and 4 tangerines.

As if i didn't eat enough, i had a DELICIOUS fruity salad for a late dinner with a new fruity sauce. Sweet plantain sauce (if you like creamy and sweet.....this more than fills the bill). Here is what the sauce was made from:

One ripe plantain
juice from two navel oranges
one clementine
4 dates and a small handful of raisins.
Blend until creamy.

Delicious.

For exercise i did 3 sets of pushups and 4 sets of 45 second wall squats (took about 20 minutes).

Fruitful day 36 comes to an end.

todd

Date: January 22, 2009 02:38AM

Day 37 of 100% fruitarian. i forgot to mention that i also ate two avocados yesterday before dinner. Today was alittle more balanced in terms of meals. i had a small watermelon about midday with one banana. That held me because i was out seeing clients all day and didn't get back home until about 6:30pm. i ate two more bananas prior to dinner and then proceeded to devour a large non-sweet fruity salad with spiced avocado dressing. i think i put alittle too much celery in the dressing this time as it was alittle too thick. Still delicious but i am just being picky.

For exercise we got back to our four mile power march (had a little hiatus while my wife recovered from the sickness they suffered) and then 20 minutes of toning exercises.

The days seem like they are just flowing now, one after another. i am feeling lighter and more energetic each week. Most importantly my mind seems to be getting even clearer still. i am able to think more clearly and pray more fervently. When i read the bible especially i am noticing alot more and getting more insights. This makes me know its all more than worth it.

Well, the end of day 37.

Grace and peace be multiplied to all.

todd

Date: January 23, 2009 01:41AM

Day 38 100% Raw Fruitarian. i did alot of driving today. While i was in the car i did have a craving for a carrot-pecan burger with cashew cheese on it. i was also thinking back to when i was growing up in New York where there is undoubtedly the world's best pizza. i have tried others from california to florida, nobody can match New York. Anyways, it wasn't a strong enough craving to tempt me in any way to break from fruitarian, but i thought i would honestly mention it since it did cross my mind. As soon as i ate my dinner though, those thoughts were gone. i made a different syrup with my sweet fruity salad this morning. i juiced nectarines and apples and blended them with one clementine and 10 neglet dates. Delicious.

The reason was the nectarines and the clementine were going bad. Several of the nectarines actually had mold on them. But one of my pet peeves is that i really hate to waste food, ESPECIALLY fruit. So i just washed them well, cut off the moldy parts and used the rest. i juice 3 nectarines and used 3 others in the salad. Came of very well.

So here is today's menu:

Breakfast:
Sweet fruity salad:
2 bananas, 3 nectarines, 3 small bosc pears, cup of raisins.
The sauce:
3 juiced nectarines
3 small juiced fuji apples
blended with 10 neglet dates, one over-ripe clementine.

Dinner:
non-sweet fruity sald:
3 stalks of celery
one tomato
one cucumber
half of plantain
one avocado
The sauce:
one mango
one hungarian wax pepper
half of plantain
3 stalks of celery
juice of one lime
juice of two small apples.

i made too much sauce so i ended up drinking 8oz of it (it was very good).

When i poured the rest into the salad it became a soup. But it was a very tasty soup.

Later on i ate three bananas.

For exercise, i did the four mile march with weighted vest and handweights.

End of day 38.

todd

Current Page: 2 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables