Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: 100% Fruitarian for 1 year
Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: April 15, 2009 10:49PM

wow.seems like youve accomplished so much.i remember when i did my first 4 month stint with living foods. i dropped 40lbs and glowed. im curious,you eat no greens? except green fruit?...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: April 15, 2009 11:07PM

lawofattraction Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow.seems like youve accomplished so much.i
> remember when i did my first 4 month stint with
> living foods. i dropped 40lbs and glowed. im
> curious,you eat no greens? except green fruit?...

Hello Law,

The only non-fruit food i eat is celery. That, i have been informed, is an herb. Other than that its all fruit. i do use seaonings on my non-sweet salads. Curry, basil, oregano and cayenne mostly. Red Pepper sometimes replaces the cayenne. This is helping me replace salt, which i have not used. This is the longest period of my life with no salt.

Grace and peace be multiplied.

Date: April 16, 2009 10:18PM

Wednesday, Day 121, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Was very pleasantly surprised today in that i was able to obtain a nice bunch of Durian. Without going into details, i obtained some funds from a surprise source that allowed me to pay a bill and get this delicious fruit. i bought two, nice durians about 7lbs apiece and i got two boxes of the frozen pods. The plan is to bring one of the whole fruit with me on Saturday as i am scheduled to preach in North Carolina, have the other one for either Saturday night or sunday and eat the frozen pods tonight (yippee!). My wife didn't want any so my youngest daughter and myself (the only remaining durian-lovers) destroyed those two boxes of pods. i had to stop myself from going after the other fruit and save it for the weekend. i also got two regular sized watermelons and some other fruit and supplies. Very good day indeed. The only thing i was missing were those mangos and the asian market won't have any until Friday at the earliest. So hopefully that will be another weekend treat. Admittedly, i am getting tired of the non-sweet fruity salads. i am slightly modifying them now. For example, now i don't want any raisins in it. i am probably going to ditch the celery too after today. i really just want the whole fruit. i am so glad that spring and summer are coming because its perfect timing for the things i really want to get into eating now. Sweet melons, sweet peaches, mangos, bananas, avocado and fresh juicy tomatoes. i am glad i started this journey in the winter and now its past with summer coming on. i believe i am really going to enjoy the fare and it will be interesting to see how my body, mind and spirit develop.

Here are today's meals.

Breakfast:
3 navel oranges, one avocado, 6 roma tomatoes, 2 bananas (804 calories).

Dinner:
Non-sweet fruity salad with avocado-banana sauce. about 450g of Durian. (1727 calories).

Exercise: none today.

Grace and Peace be multiplied.

todd

Date: April 17, 2009 08:30PM

Thursday, Day 122, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i ate well today and i had a tremendous workout. i am wondering if i should use eat workout to focus either on upper body or lower body the way the bodybuilders do. i may try that with the bodyweight workouts i am doing. But i have always been careful to keep a balance in my workouts, which is why i usually do both in the same workout. But i noticed that i did 200 pushups today and 62 chins during my 30 minute workout. i did this while also doing the one leg squats and i wondered if i had used that time and energy towards the upper body, how much more could i have done? i also did 100 of those squats and i wondered if i just did those and sissy squats, how many could i do in a 20 minute workout? i may try it and alternate days. Today, i didn't use the raisins or the celery in the non-sweet salad. i used alot of tomatoes (yummy) and papaya and i added cucumber. Here are today's meals:

Breakfast:
One half of a large watermelon, 3 large bananas (1041 calories).

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad consisting of: one large vine-ripened tomato, 4 roma tomatoes, one half of a large papaya, one medium fuji apple. i made the avocado-banana sauce from: 5 large bananas, one-half an avocado (ate the other half), 6oz of fresh squeezed OJ, with homemade curry and basil (which i also sprinkled on the salad) and some cayenne pepper. Behold, it was very good. (1458 calories)

Dinner:
i had this after my workout. 18oz of OJ, 2 tangerines (thanks FG), 2 clementines.

Exercise: 30 minute workout. 200 pushups, 62 chins/pullups, 100 one leg squats.

todd

Date: April 18, 2009 03:56AM

Friday, Day 123, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Good day today, it was in the high 70s and sunny. The bible study went well this evening. Also, i ate a Durian. Well, one of my durian didn't make it quite to the weekend. i had it for dinner this evening. i still have one more. Oh, it was sooo delicious. My wife had some and my daughter had a choice between my wife's homemade peanut butter-oatmeal cookies (kids are wild about them) and durian. She gladly gave her share of cookies to her sister for the Durian. She is just as hooked as i am! This one was shaped differently, it wasn't very symetrical. But it seemed to contain more fruit than any other one i have had. i had a nice bowl full. Today's meals were simple, yet very calorie-dense. Here they were:

Breakfast:
Half a large watermelon, 2 large bananas (920 calories).

Snack:
2 large bananas (242 calories).

Lunch:
Half a large watermelon, one avocado (967 calories)

Dinner:
the majority of one Durian (885 calories).

Exercise:
today i got out early in the morning and pushed my lawn-mower for 2.5 hours over an acre of land. That was a good workout!

Have a wonderful Weekend!

Grace and Peace be multiplied

Date: April 20, 2009 05:11PM

Weekend Review of Days 124 & 125, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i had a great weekend. i was greatly blessed. The weekend was so busy that i really did not have time to blog as i normally would. It seemed that the tone was set as i was out and mowing my lawn Friday morning before 8am. The Revelation bible studies online have started well. We had a very nice time in North Carolina on Saturday. After the service we had lunch in a very cute little part in a small town. It was a very bright and sunny day in the low 80s. There, in the midst of a delicious-looking vegan lunch complete with homemade biscuits, chickpea spread, potato salad and a large green salad, sat my durian. People kept wanting to touch it and kept saying "its like a porcupine"....LOL. A couple of people were brave enough to taste alittle but i had it all to myself. Which of course i didn't mind at all. On Sunday, at the Asian market i was also able to obtain 32 of the most delicious mangos. 20 of them were the small variety from Costa Rica. i wish i could have gotten more, but i was very thankful for the bounty i received. My wife made me give her my word that i would not buy another durian until next weekend. i reluctantly agreed. i did have such a taste for one on Sunday and i would have bought one if she had not interceded.

The reason she feels that way makes sense. A Durian is basically one meal. For the cost of a Durian i could buy a case of the mangos (which i did) and that will last us 3 days. So the Durian is a weekend treat. i was blessed because in the last 7 days, i have had four of them so i didn't complain when she made me promise not to buy another one this weekend. But they are so good! Funny thing, the one i ate on Friday night weighed alittle less than 6 pounds, but it had more flesh in it than the bigger one i ate on Saturday. My wife and children also noticed this. i hope to be able to spot the ones with the best flesh by a trained eye in time. i am so glad its Durian season. The sermon i was impressed to give on Saturday was entitled "When knowledge is not enough". It was designed to impress the hearers with the need for experience in their beliefs rather than relying on theory. i am gaining a tremendous experience in the 4+ months i have been fruitarian. i am really enjoying the journey overall for sure.

On sunday i played basketball with my son and some young guys for a couple of hours. The kids noted how i seemed to have alot of energy and was able to play a long time. i even was able to do sets of chins between games. i cannot adequately express how good this lifestyle is making me feel both physically and spiritually. It has to be experienced to understand really.

Overall, i didn't mark well my meals this weekend, but i know i ate about 3000 plus calories on both Saturday and Sunday. i ate whole watermelons, mangos and of course Durian. i am blogging this on Monday and i will give a more detailed account of today's activities and meals when the day ends.

todd

Date: April 21, 2009 02:19AM

Monday, Day 126, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Rainy day today. i wasn't very productive work-wise. i did eat well (praise my Saviour for His provision). These mangos from Costa Rica are really very good. i have heard about mangos from the carribbean and central america and how they are much better then the ones we usually get here. i am definitely a believer now as i ate 6 of them today. i am glad we had the rain as we need it badly. Rainy days tend to make me lazy though. i always feel like sleeping. i did get in some very good workouts today. Here are how the meals went:

Breakfast:
Little over half a large watermelon, 3 mangos (1008 calories)

Lunch:
Large bowl of zucchini spaghetti with avocado-plantain-banana sauce. The sauce could have been (and would have been) better but i used the juice of a grapefruit. i am not a big fan of grapefruit but nobody was going to eat it and i definitely wasn't going to let it waste. (1045 Calories)

Dinner:
2 large bananas, 3 mangos, 4 navel oranges (920 calories)

Exercise:
In the morning i did 5 sets of 50 pushups (250 total). This evening i did 9 sets of dips (265 total).

Date: April 22, 2009 03:55PM

Tuesday, Day 127, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Stressful day today. The type of day that builds character. Days like today have me looking for comfort food. It was one of those days where cooked foods seemed very appealing. i have noticed that days like these have me reaching for my non-sweet fruity salads with herbs and spices as well as avocados. This i did today although i only ate one avocado, i believe this was due to the fact that i had some delicious mangos still in my possession. After eating that salad i felt alot better in terms of the desire for cooked comfort as the salad was very good. i used my normal orange juice as the sauce base instead of the grapefruit i had to use yesterday. When i arrived at home i went into the yard and grabbed a small handful of chives also. Here are the meals for today:

Breakfast:
One half of a large watermelon, 4 large bananas (1162 calories).

Lunch:
5 large bananas (605 calories).

Dinner:
Non-sweet fruity salad made with 4 italian tomatoes, one cucumber, one half of a large papaya. Topped with chives, basil, cayenne, curry and a little oregano. i also made a sauce from half an avocado, 3 large bananas, juice of one orange with the same herbs and spices sans the chives. It was hot as i added alittle too much cayenne in my zeal (LOL), but it was delicious for sure and totally satisfying to my palate. i ate the other half of the avo while preparing it and about half an hour later i ate two delicious mangos. (1363 calories total).

Date: April 23, 2009 01:29PM

Wednesday, Day 128, 100% Raw Fruitarian. One of the things about Christ is that He receives you where you are, but He does not leave you there. Over the process of time He strips away from our soul the ravages of sin. He does this step by step and never without our complete permission. We are all sinners and these ravages represent not only what sin has done to us spiritually, physically and emotionally, but sin that we have grown to love and cherish. Many times without realizing it. Sometimes we grow comfortable the way our life is, we grow comfortable holding sadness or anger or frustration. We grow comfortable in our selfishness and self-centeredness. We grow comfortable in our dysfunction and sinful character. Christ lovingly takes us thru a journey to rid us of all that. As He gets closer to our core being, the things that are closest to us are exposed. The removal of these involves great pain, but if we are to be like Him in truth, these must be removed.

During my 25+ years of walking with Christ, He has removed many things. Now its at the point where He is stripping things from sensitive areas of my core being. It hurts. It hurts badly. Yet it must be done if i am to be a perfect reflection of Him (this i most desire). He has been using this fruitarian lifestyle as a tool to aid in this effort. i have journaled regarding my dysfunctional upbringing and broken home. i have recently re-opened communication with my mother.......... Very difficult for me........... Grace allowed it to happen. We have a very long way to go; very long, but it has begun. Its taken nearly 40 years for me to get even to this point. Now, there is another call i must make and the thought of it brings great pain. i am praying for Grace and Righteousness that i know will be there for me. i thank Christ for the clarity of mind this lifestyle has given me, but i tell you the truth, some things i wish i didn't see.

Here are today's meals.

Breakfast:
One personal-size watermelon. 3 mangos (1081 calories)

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad and avocado-banana sauce (exactly like yesterday for those who want the recipe). (1071 calories).

Dinner:
3 bananas, 3 mangos, one avocado (1056 calories).

Exercise:
i had a nice 35 minute workout this morning. In that time i did: 50 chins, 50 pull-ups, 120 one leg squats (each leg).

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 24, 2009 01:26AM

You are doing so well, I enjoy reading your blog here. I wonder what a durian would taste like. I bet they are wonderful.
blessings to go your way
Love Pam

Date: April 24, 2009 04:18PM

pampam Wrote:
> You are doing so well, I enjoy reading your blog
> here. I wonder what a durian would taste like. I
> bet they are wonderful.
> blessings to go your way
> Love Pam

Thank you for such kindness expressed Pam. As far as a Durian, there is only one way to find out how they taste.....you must try one! Of course i don't know what area of the world you dwell in, but most asian markets will carry at least the frozen pods. Here in Roanoke, VA one box costs $6.50, just to give you an idea of your investment. They come frozen so you must let it thaw. In the plastic boxes it takes an hour or two on a warm day. i am glad you are enjoying the blog and i pray your journey has many blessings for you.

Grace and Peace be multiplied to you.

todd

Date: April 25, 2009 04:04AM

Friday, Day 130, 100% Raw Fruitarian. My soul is totally rejoicing in the power of my Saviours love today. i made the phone call that the Lord showed me i had to make. i prayed much over it. This one was to my father. i had not seen him in over 6 years. i have not spoken to him either. i had so much pent up anger and resentment that i always thought if i called him it would spill out. i knew that was not what my Lord wanted from me. i dialed that phone very nervously i tell you. When he came on, he was so.......nice. So humble and so wanted reconciliation. We had the nicest conversation i think we ever had. He spoke of regret, of wanting to be able to move on. i listened. Then at the end of our conversation he said "Todd, please keep in touch with me, please don't let this happen to us again".....that broke my heart. All the anger was gone. i loved him. i didn't cry on the phone, but the tears flowed like a river afterwards. i had to go to a couple of stores and pick up some supplies and i kept my shades on the whole time. People looked at me strange as i had my shades in the stores, but every time i thought of that last statement, i could not help it, the tears would flow. i didn't want everyone to think i was crazy or distraught or something. Oh, i am so happy! i know that only Heaven could have arranged such a thing. Only Christ could have taken away all that was welled up in me. i never thought i would ever be programming my dad's number in my cell phone...........but i did. i didn't eat alot today. Food was not on my mind. Many of you understand what i mean when i say that. It was one of those type of days. As i look on my caloric intake it appears i was starving myself, but it wasn't intentional. All i kept thinking about was those last words....wow.

i had alot of physical activity today though. i mowed my lawn for 3 hours. 3 hours pushing a mower is good exercise. i also played basketball with my son today. The web site i log my intake on says i should have taken in 4400 calories today, but i took in about a third of that. i am sure that will not be an everyday occurance.

Here are today's meals:
Breakfast:
32oz smoothie. It was awhile since i had a smoothie. We had some pears that no one was going to eat. i myself am not feeling pears right now, i think its because they are a fall fruit and we are in the spring. So i had three of them, i juiced them along with a plum and alitte bit of pineapple and placed them in the blender with two bananas and some raisins. Not bad. i also ate some pineapple while i was doing it. (828 calories).

Dinner:
One half of a large watermelon (678 calories)

Snack:
2 navel oranges, 3 roma tomatoes. (171 calories).

Exercise:
3 hours of lawn mowing. 90 minutes of basketball.

Have a great weekend!

todd

Date: April 26, 2009 01:48AM

glad to read of your progress Todd, its incourageing.
Take care now
Pam

Date: April 27, 2009 11:28PM

Weekend Review Days 131 & 132, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Had a nice weekend. The weather was warm and the sky was clear all weekend. Saturday we went to a campmeeting and met up with some present truth believers who were interested in starting a home church network. The fellowship was good. Being that all the participants were vegan, there seemed to be keen interest in my fruitarian lifestyle. It was good to speak to people who, though not raw, are definitely raw-interested and want to learn. i ate well as i had some mangos that were not the costa rican variety but nevertheless were pretty good. i ate more advocados than i normally would (at least three). As we had to drive a few hours to get to the meeting place it was a long day but satisfying. On Sunday, my son and i went out to the park at about 11am and did sets of chins and pullups. He did well as he ended up doing a total of 60, i did 100 (keeping in mind it was the first time he ever did such a workout). It took us about 20-25 minutes. i also did about 30 dips. Later that day, we played some basketball. It was in the 90s all day, but when we went to play ball it was probably in the mid 80s. Nice weather. i also had a durian on sunday (smile). It was a small one, but hey, small or large, it was a durian.

i did not log anything this weekend so i don't know my caloric intake. i had lost 3lbs by the end of the weekend though. i feel this was mostly due to the activity in the outdoor heat on sunday. i was also able to re-connect with one of my two brothers on sunday. Had not talked to him in years. It was nice. i believe i am in the healing relationships mode now, with me connecting with mother, father and now youngest brother. i still have one more brother to reach and hopefully that will happen in time.

My apologies for not having detailed intake information. We will begin that on Monday's blog.

Date: April 28, 2009 12:58PM

Monday, Day 133, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Felt nice and sore today. My triceps, lat muscles and biceps. Felt nice, the muscles really got in a good workout yesterday between the chins, dips, pull-ups and basketball. i ate well today. Had some durian, watermelon and mango. Can't get better than that. i didn't workout today as i wanted to let my body recover. i am leaning towards focusing on legs tomorrow with the one-legged squats. My abdominals are really sore today. i am finding that just by doing the bodyweight exercises that my abs are getting intense workouts without direct work. That and the diet of course. Things are not easy financially, yet i am extremely blessed. i praise my Father in Heaven and my Lord Christ for this.

Today's meals were as follows.

Breakfast:
2 mangos, 4 bananas (753 calories)

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruit salad made with 2 large tomatoes, one avocado, one large cucumber. i sprinkled cayenne, basil, curry and a pinch of oregano on it. Then i put my banana-avocado sauce over it. It was very tasty. i also ate a mango while it was being prepared. (1230 calories).

Dinner:
half a large watermelon (678 calories)

snack:
box of frozen durian pods (588 calories).

Exercise: none.

todd

Date: April 29, 2009 06:06PM

Tuesday, Day 134, 100% Raw Fruitarian. A small development in my fruitarian regiment. Today, i wasn't in the mood for any sauce on my non-sweet fruity salad. It was so good i had two large bowls of it. i did add the seasonings to the salad, but i can see the time coming where i won't want that either. Growing in grace is a wonderful thing indeed. i intended to workout today, but i got home so late (about 10:30pm), that i decided to workout the next morning. i ate well today, had another box of durian with lunch. In fact, i consumed several of my favorite fruits today, durian, mango, watermelon, avocado and tomato. Good day.

Here is the meal breakdown:

Breakfast:
Half a large watermelon, two mangos. (947 calories).

Lunch:
box of durian, 2 large bowls of non-sweet fruity salad. Each bowl had 1-2 cucumbers, 3 tomatoes, one avocado, all seasoned with curry, basil and cayenne. (1352 calories)

Dinner:
two bananas, 28oz of juice made from one cantaloupe and 3 navel oranges. (559 calories).

Exercise: none.

Date: April 30, 2009 03:30PM

Wednesday, Day 135, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Had a tremendous workout today. i just did one leg squats, but i did them aplenty. For most of my life, since i was 14 actually, i believed in bodyweight exercises. But i used to use them in conjunction with martial arts. When i put away martial arts, i also put bodyweight exercises away. In my mind the two were connected since i used them together. Now, some 20 years later, i am re-discovering the great benefits of bodyweight training. The fruitarian diet is giving me tremendous energy and this goes perfectly with this type of training. The bible says the Lord will "satisfy thy mouth with good things so that thy youth is renewed like the eagles" (Psalm 103:5). Well, i am 48 years old, that is definitely middle aged, but i feel like a kid again. Only now much wiser through experience (that may make me dangerous.....LOL).

Here are today's meals:

Breakfast:
Half a large watermelon, 3 mangos (1081 calories)

Lunch:
Non-sweet salad with 2 regular tomatoes, 4 roma tomatoes, one large cucumber, one avocado, 3 bananas ....seasoned without salt (715 calories).

Dinner:
Same as lunch but i subtracted one regular tomato and added a mango to the salad and no seasoning at all. (805 calories).

Snack: Box of Durian (588 calories)

Exercise: 200 one leg squats (each) in 35 minutes.

Date: May 01, 2009 01:30PM

Thursday, Day 136, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Had a humbling experience today. i came to the realization that i have been doing my chins and pull-ups all wrong. i have not been bringing my arms to full extension. So today, i decided to do them (and all my exercises) with the best form possible. Whenever exercises are not done properly, one is only cheating themselves. Still, i had a terrific workout day today. i did one session in the morning and one in the evening after i got home from work. i ate very well today, Thanks to my kind Father in Heaven and my Jesus for His faithful provision. My wife made my children some really delicious-smelling rice wraps. They were one of my favorite meals prior to undertaking the fruitarian walk. i do miss them, but at least for this year, they are not in the program. Of course, i loved them because i would sprinkle salt on them. 136 days without salt is by far the longest ever for me. i feel good for sure and i can see my body is letting go of all the excess water it carried for so many decades. My weight is now fluctuating between 177lbs and 180lbs as the body is finding its own balance. My meals today were:

Breakfast:
Half a watermelon, 2 bananas, 2 mangos. (1157 calories)

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad: 5 roma tomatoes, one mango, 2 bananas, one cucumber, half a papaya, one avocado.......i ate one banana also while it was being prepared.....(914 calories)

Dinner:
Half a watermelon, one avocado (967 calories)

Exercise:
Morning: 220 dips between chairs, 4 sets of 10 pushups with one leg extended (for abs). 35 minutes.

Evening: 20 minutes.....total of 22 chins, 20 pull-ups, 110 pushups.

todd

Date: May 02, 2009 11:15AM

Friday, Day 137, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i was real sore today. But just as eager to workout. i didn't do it though, because i didn't want to risk overtraining and injury. i haven't felt this much enthusiasm about working out in quite a while. i am glad that over the next 24 hours, it is a period of physical and spiritual rest for me. My body needs it. Dinner today was glorious as i had two boxes of durian. Truth is, i wanted to save one box for tomorrow, i really tried to take my time and enjoy every bite, but to no avail. The stuff is ridiculously good. The smell was bothering my family though as the odor from the box lingered. But for me, the fragrance was indeed sweet. A dear sister in Christ called me today with good news. She was in a health store and found they had a case and a half of valencia oranges. Oh the joy i felt at that news! i happened to have enough money for one case ($25), so she got them for me and i will pick them up over the weekend. i had been having such a craving for valencias, as God is my witness i was just telling the Lord yesterday about it. Lo and behold here they come. My God is a faithful and loving God. Here are today's meals:

Breakfast:

Half of a 20lb watermelon, 2 bananas (1055 calories).

Lunch:
Large Non-sweet fruity salad that had: 6 Roma tomatoes, one large cucumber, 2 mangos, 1 avocado, half of a small papaya and 3 bananas. i sprinkled curry, basil and cayenne on it. Delicious! (1153 calories)

Dinner:
2 boxes of delicious Durian (1176 calories)

Have a Great Weekend!!

todd

Date: May 04, 2009 04:22PM

Weekend Review of Days 138 & 139, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Very nice weekend. Friends, fellowship, worship and good food. Can't beat that. i got no exercise at all, but i did feel alittle tired anyways. i was going to workout on sunday, but it was raining most of the day and then i over ate on durian. Well the truth is, i ate a large non-sweet fruity salad and followed it up with alot of durian. i probably should have skipped the salad, so it really wasn't the durian's fault. i posted a picture of the salad. It was delicious. i have been having a strange aftertaste in my system for the last few days though. i can't quite describe it except is has a little bit of a metal taste. i noticed it as i have increased my intake of tomatoes. Although i am not sure what it is. So i will not eat tomatoes for a day or two just to test it and see what happens. But i did thoroughly enjoy that salad on sunday.

i didn't have any durian on saturday, but i did have plenty of valencia oranges (maybe 14-16 of them) and delicious mangos. i am watching sadly as my case of valencias is quickly disappearing. But i am very much enjoying them, after all they are not here to do anything but be eaten....LOL.
But they are a beautiful looking fruit to me. Our Bible studies on the prophecies of Revelation and their relevance to these times is going very well also. People are learning and growing spiritually which is one of the points of the exercise. This coming weekend is our next Raw potluck and we are looking forward to that as are some of our scheduled guests. Should be a great blessing.

Hope you had a nice weekend.

todd

Date: May 06, 2009 02:45AM

Monday, Day 140, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Bit of a tough day today. i spoke with my dad. i was basically reamed for about 10-15 minutes. Using heavy language and telling me how i was always no good (and that was the nice part). i took as much of it as i could stand before i hung up the phone in tears. i came away with certain realizations. First, i genuinely felt sorry for him and prayed for him. i learned that if a person has done evil and never makes amends, the evil eats at the person. It may not always appear like it, but it does. In the torrent of verbal abuse that came over the phone, i heard a man heavy with guilt. The guilt is killing him. i heard a man that, for that 10-15 minutes, had lost his mind. i have seen people out of their minds before, having ministered in prisons for several years, but never someone this close to me. Secondly, it made me want to make sure that i have confessed all my sin to my Father in Heaven and that as far as in my power i make anything right with anyone i have wronged. i called my brother soon afterward because i felt like i didn't give him the support i should have growing up as his big brother. Plus i wanted to warn him of what he might expect should he call our dad. We had a long and very pleasant conversation. i told him i was sorry for anything i may have done to hurt or disappoint him. It was very nice and he was glad i called because he thought it best not to call our dad for awhile. i am not sure if i will ever call him again, seeing the reaction i inadvertently illicited. But i know for sure i will be praying for him. Very diligently. Hearing him like that was like seeing a wounded animal that needed to be put down. i pray he can come clean with himself and with the God of Heaven, before it kills him........ Real life is something else.

Foodwise, it was an excellent day. i also had a terrific workout. After working out on and off since i was 10 years old, i feel like a novice. i like that, as i can build from here little by little. Progress is rewarding. Here are today's meals and activities.

Breakfast:
5 valencia orange, 2 bananas, 3 mangos (910 calories).

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad with bananas, mango, avocado, cucumber and tomatoes. i also ate an avocado after that. (1033 calories)

Dinner:
one third of a large watermelon, one avocado (my third of the day). (736 calories).

Snack:
one third of a large watermelon. (447 calories).

Exercise:
set the timer for 35 minutes.......did 120 pushups/61 chins& pullups/60 one legged squats on each leg.

Date: May 06, 2009 04:35AM

I really enjoy reading of your daily words. I am sorry to hear things went foul with your father. It is a sad thing when people are trapped within their own problems and can't get free. My prayers go out for you and your father, there is always hope.
Have you tries olives? I just got some sun dried olives and boy they are flavorful and very rich. Just one or two and I feel heavy from them. I still have not tried a durian but I have found a large asian market in town but they all talk asian I may have to bring pictures. I wonder if they have the same name for them. I can't wait till I can try one.
Have you eaten raw before you decided to eat only fruit? Do you find a different view or perception of religion since you have been fritarian? I have felt more spiritual since eating raw, it seems the emptier my stomach is the clearor my thinking is concerning issurs of the spirit. I am working on being more positive and praising God throughout the day, if that makes since. I sure love eating only raw foods, it makes me feel so free.
You take care now and keep up the good work k smiling smiley

Date: May 06, 2009 01:01PM

pampam Wrote:
> I really enjoy reading of your daily words. I am
> sorry to hear things went foul with your father.
> It is a sad thing when people are trapped within
> their own problems and can't get free. My prayers
> go out for you and your father, there is always
> hope.
> Have you tries olives? I just got some sun dried
> olives and boy they are flavorful and very rich.
> Just one or two and I feel heavy from them. I
> still have not tried a durian but I have found a
> large asian market in town but they all talk asian
> I may have to bring pictures. I wonder if they
> have the same name for them. I can't wait till I
> can try one.
> Have you eaten raw before you decided to eat only
> fruit? Do you find a different view or perception
> of religion since you have been fritarian? I have
> felt more spiritual since eating raw, it seems the
> emptier my stomach is the clearor my thinking is
> concerning issurs of the spirit. I am working on
> being more positive and praising God throughout
> the day, if that makes since. I sure love eating
> only raw foods, it makes me feel so free.
> You take care now and keep up the good work k smiling smiley

Hello there PamPam,

i am so glad to hear how your spiritual life is growing with the help of raw foods. i had been a raw foodist for 4.5 years before the transition to Fruitarian. i felt a higher level of spiritual awareness and insight when i first went raw, but it has indeed grown since going fruitarian. The bible speaks to me so much more powerfully now. Patience and Love are gaining more of my soul (although i still have very far to go). i would love to have some olives if i could only find some raw ones. The only ones i ever see are the canned ones and i dont want those. i wish i could pluck some from a tree and eat it like that. i would like to know what it tastes like in that state. Where were you able to find them dried? Sun dried olives do sound like a tasty treat. Something to add to my non-sweet fruity salads. Did you get them from a health food store? Were they expensive?

Date: May 07, 2009 02:38AM

Tuesday, Day 141, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i was blessed to eat well today and have another very nice workout. i purchased some very good avocados at the end of last week and i have been enjoying them this week. Nice and creamy (which is how i like them). These days i rarely have more than two although once already in the past few days i had three. They feel heavy in my system when i overeat on them, but oh they are delicious. i had two of them today. Here is today's menu and activities.

Breakfast:
Half a large watermelon, one avocado (736 calories)

Lunch:
6 large bananas, 3 mangos (1130 calories)

Dinner:
Light non-sweet fruity salad with tomatos, cucumber, papaya and avocado (441 calories)

Later (post workout):
10 valencia oranges (593 calories).

Exercise: Set the clock for 35 minutes, warmed up for 5 minutes, then did a total of 167 pushups and 69 chins over 30 minutes. Good workout. Felt exhausted and satisfied.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 09, 2009 12:41AM

Todd--
I loved reading about your reconciliation with your dad. I think I know just how you feel. My mom and I were estranged throughout my life, really, but something miraculous happened about 5-6 years ago. She had what was apparently a near death experience when she had a heart attack, and almost overnight her whole personality changed and she lost all her hostility. We are very close now and it's such a Divine gift to both of us.

I also love reading about your 100% fruitarian lifestyle. It flies in the face of consensus reality, and proves that yes, it can be done, and people are thriving on it. We need to stretch our limits and open our minds to the possibilities that are open to us.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 09, 2009 03:38PM

kwan Wrote:
> Todd--
> I loved reading about your reconciliation with
> your dad. I think I know just how you feel. My mom
> and I were estranged throughout my life, really,
> but something miraculous happened about 5-6 years
> ago. She had what was apparently a near death
> experience when she had a heart attack, and almost
> overnight her whole personality changed and she
> lost all her hostility. We are very close now and
> it's such a Divine gift to both of us.
>
> I also love reading about your 100% fruitarian
> lifestyle. It flies in the face of consensus
> reality, and proves that yes, it can be done, and
> people are thriving on it. We need to stretch our
> limits and open our minds to the possibilities
> that are open to us.

So very happy to hear about your mother Kwan. What a beautiful change! Indeed i hear many "theorists" giving their unasked-for opinions regarding fruitarianism. But doing it is more powerful than talking about it.

Date: May 09, 2009 03:39PM

Friday, Day 144, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Its been quite a week. But the Lord has brought me through. My father cursed me out on Monday, but called today and was sincerely apologetic. We had a two hour conversation going over alot of our past history. We both learned much that we never knew about each other. Amazing how families can be together for decades and still not really know everything about each other. Although we had a very good phone conversation, i realized that we have a very long way to go. But i am so thankful for this start which i wasn't sure would ever happen. My mother has completely given her heart to the Lord Jesus Christ. She is a new person. Even her tone of voice is different. She called my dad and he didn't recognize her. Listening to her talk, i don't either. She is sweet and patient and very trusting in the God of Heaven. Amazing. Its been quite a week. There were other very intense things that happened this week, some were dangerous. But the Lord brought me through.

i have had a real taste for watermelon. Stronger than usual. Avocado too. In fact, this week i have liking to eat watermelon, followed with an avocado. i don't know what's going on but i am just flowing with it. My eyes have sunken in alittle, as my wife also noted to me. i am going thru a detox episode. i believe its a continuous thing, but that i don't always recognize it. i have eaten well. i have had excellent workouts. On Wednesday night i set the clock for 30 minutes and did 100 one legged squats. For half of them i stood in a chair and dropped down as deep as i was able. What a workout. That was wednesday, today, i really feel it. i am planning to workout again on sunday. i have been so busy this past 48 hours that i have not logged what i ate. i have had mangos, durian, watermelon, avocados and oranges mostly.

Well, as i said, its been quite a week.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Grace and Peace be multiplied unto you.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 10, 2009 02:52PM

>On Wednesday night i set the clock for 30 minutes and did 100 one legged squats. For half of them i stood in a chair and dropped down as deep as i was able. What a workout.<

Whoa! And most Americans think you need lots of protein and/or carbs in order to build muscle and have good workouts.

You know, I always find when I'm juice fasting, after a week or two of doing it, instead of being weaker, I am much more energetic and can run longer and harder and lift heavier weights at the gym. Exercise becomes a real joy, and my stamina is significantly increased.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2009 03:05PM by kwan.

Date: May 10, 2009 08:15PM

kwan Wrote:
> >On Wednesday night i set the clock for 30 minutes
> and did 100 one legged squats. For half of them i
> stood in a chair and dropped down as deep as i was
> able. What a workout.<
>
> Whoa! And most Americans think you need lots of
> protein and/or carbs in order to build muscle and
> have good workouts.
>
> You know, I always find when I'm juice fasting,
> after a week or two of doing it, instead of being
> weaker, I am much more energetic and can run
> longer and harder and lift heavier weights at the
> gym. Exercise becomes a real joy, and my stamina
> is significantly increased.

Thats very interesting Kwan, because a fruitarian named Anne Osborne noted the same thing. She was on an extended juice fast of just OJ. She said she was under 100lbs yet she could climb a steep hill with her son on her back very easily! There is definitely something to that. i am not sure since i am no expert but i believe its at least partly due to the fact that one is receiving powerful nutrients with using energy on digestion.

Date: May 10, 2009 08:16PM

Saturday, Day 145, 100% Raw Fruitarian. We had a raw potluck today. We didn't get as many visitors as we have had recently, but it was still sweet. A family who are brethren and sisters in Christ shared the meal and the day with us. It was restful, relaxed and peaceful. The type of day we all really needed as we all had a stressful week. The spread was fantastic. Raw mushroom burgers, raw cabbage rolls, onion rings, zucchini chips almond pate as well as fresh fruit and salad. i had a 20lb watermelon of which i ate about 75% of it for breakfast. Delicious. i am already a melon lover but as the days get warmer i can see the melon and myself will become closer. As usual i didn't workout on my day of rest. Here were the meals for today.

Breakfast:
three quarters of a large watermelon (1017 calories).

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad with tomatoes (3), cucumber, avocados (2), mango, bananas (2) and zucchini (1035 calories).

Dinner:
3 navel oranges. (206 calories)

Snack:
2 navel oranges, one avocado (426 calories).

Exercise: none

Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables