Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: 100% Fruitarian for 1 year
Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: February 10, 2009 05:20PM

Sundancer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quite the weekend, Todd!! Glad you're better! I
> haven't tried a durian yet, but I know a store
> (about a half hour away) that sells them
> sometimes. I have to get up the nerve...

i hear you on that getting up the nerve...lol......but i had seen so very many youtube videos about it (both bad and good) that i knew what to expect. But the taste was really creamy and sweet. Maybe because i have been raw long enough to really appreciate it, i don't know. But i LOVE it now. i would recommend letting it thoroughly thaw out though, otherwise its like eating ice cream. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but i like my fruit room temperature.

Grace, Peace and Love be multiplied to you.

todd

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 12, 2009 12:34AM

Tuesday, Day 57 100% Fruitarian. i am really getting into the sweet juicy fruits now, especially in the morning. i can't seem to get enough of the melons and oranges. Watermelons, honeydews, cantelopes, clementines, tangerines, navel oranges, valencia oranges, i am loving all of them right now. i still eat the non-sweet fruity salads because i still have that want of something savory (at least i think i do). But i am noticing that i am even making that more and more sweet. i am adding non-salty seasonings to it like basil oregano and cayenne, but i am wanting it more sweet at the same time. Like i felt today's sauce was too savory and thick. i ate and it was good, but i would rather have it alittle thinner and sweeter. i am just going with it though. i am holding onto some dollars so i can get some durian for this weekend . Lord i am addicted for sure. i am making it my weekend treat. Today's menu was:

Breakfast:
Half of one mini-watermelon and half of one cantelope. 3 navel oranges.

Lunch:
small non-sweet fruity salad with plantain sauce.

Dinner:
3 navel oranges, 3 clementines.

i ate a couple of bananas during the day but i can't remember exactly what times.

Exercise:
4 mile power march.

Grace, Peace and Love be multiplied.

todd

Date: February 12, 2009 04:07PM

wednesday, Day 58 100% Fruitarian. It was 70 degrees F here today. Second day in a row above 70, i'll take that in February in Virginia anytime. Had a delicious fruity day today from start to finish. i made an amazing raw sauce with my non-sweet fruity salad. i cut down on the ingredients as i am not needing as much (or so i thought), but the salad itself was so good i made a second batch (without the sauce because i didn't feel like cleaning everything all over again). It was made with a delicious mango, apple juice, raisins, lime juice, alittle celery and small bit of cuke. It also had some spices but, of course, no salt. i added some oregano to the basil and it really did some good things to the taste. Menu was:

Breakfast:
one mini watermelon, bowl of fruit salad (the melon hollow makes a cool bowl).

Lunch:
two bowls of non-sweet fruity salad, one with the above-mentioned mango sauce.

Dinner:
25oz of fruit smoothie, two bananas on the side (i was eating them while making the smoothie).

Exercise: four mile march.

Note: i had this injury that i incurred in 2001. A nerve in my back flared up and it felt like someone was sticking a knife from inside out in my upper left shoulder blade area. At the time i knew it had something to do with the nerve because my left arm and my hand felt numb. Well, that pain has returned although no where near as intense. i think this has to do with detox. People will of course think i am crazy, but i believe my body is now in the process of fully healing this injury because it seemed to come out of no where.

Grace and Peace be multiplied.

todd

Date: February 13, 2009 01:27AM

Thursday, Day 59 100% Fruitarian. Struggling emotionally, but strong on the fruitarian diet. Life brings alot of pressure sometimes, but its all for our character development. For me, fruitarianism is about spiritual character development. Health is just a side benefit. Great side benefit it is!

Today's menu was:

Breakfast:
Half of one mini-watermelon. 3 clementines and 3 navel oranges.

Lunch:
non-sweet fruity salad with plantain sauce. Zucchini spaghetti with the salad, sauce and tomato.

Later:
one pineapple. fruit smoothie made with oj, part of the pineapple and two apricots.

no exercise today as the high winds kept us inside and i wasn't motivated to do much.

todd

Date: February 13, 2009 10:27PM

Friday, Day 60 100% Fruitarian. Ok, day 60. Nothing really significant to report. There have been some detox episodes as i blogged earlier (my back pain is now gone), but other than that nothing significant. My weight is fluctuating between 185-187lbs basically for the last week or so. i am having more of a taste for sweet juicy fruits (especially melons). i definitely am seeing more in the Bible. Its always surprising to me the things that were always staring me in the face, but i just didn't see before. So, we go forward.

Today's menu was:

Breakfast:
Half of one mini watermelon, 3 clementines, 3 navel oranges.

Lunch:

16 oz of fruit smoothie. (papaya, cantelope, banana, raisins, fresh squeezed oj and water).

Dinner:
non-sweet fruit salad with avo-mango sauce. i made the sauce more sweet (oj instead of lime) and i enjoyed it more (my daughter did too).

i will probably eat something else later (perhaps oranges and/or oj). But that's it for now.

No exercise today.

Have a great weekend. smiling smiley

todd

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 14, 2009 09:35PM

Hi todd,

I thought I'd drop in to say hello and congratulate you on your progress!

I've been avoiding dropping by, in part because I should admit, I'm not a real fan of fruitarianism, at least not as a lifelong diet.

I'm not trying to discourage you though. I just wanted to be honest, but still say HELLO, and send you my good wishes! I PROMISE I won't bring it up again unless you ask me about it. I do think fruit-only can be a great experience, and a great healthy clean-out.

Seems you're doing very well. Hope you're able to keep it up as long as it feels good to you!

Have a great Valentines Day with your wonderful family!

Date: February 15, 2009 12:58AM

Saturday, Day 61 100% Raw Fruitarian. Ate like a king today. i am so blessed. There are people starving in many places of the world and i enjoyed delicious fruit all day. i awoke this morning with more of a electric charge in my body than usual. i felt like a light that was turned on. Full of energy and power.
Here is todays menu:

Breakfast:
one whole mini-watermelon. one mango.

Lunch:
half of a mini-watermelon, 3 clementines, 4 navel oranges.

Snack:
3 chunks of delicious Durian. <3 one banana, one avocado.

Dinner:
Nice chunk of Durian <3. Non-sweet fruity salad made of one tomato, one cuke, two stalks of celery and half of one plantain. This was smothered is a sauce made from the other half of the plantain, the juice of two oranges and one delicious mango and i sprinkled cayenne in it. Basically a sweet sauce with cayenne......Delicious.

Walked about 2 miles today.

Have a wonderful Weekend.

todd

Date: February 15, 2009 01:02AM

suncloud Wrote:
> Hi todd,
>
> I thought I'd drop in to say hello and
> congratulate you on your progress!
>
> I've been avoiding dropping by, in part because I
> should admit, I'm not a real fan of fruitarianism,
> at least not as a lifelong diet.
>
> I'm not trying to discourage you though. I just
> wanted to be honest, but still say HELLO, and send
> you my good wishes! I PROMISE I won't bring it up
> again unless you ask me about it. I do think
> fruit-only can be a great experience, and a great
> healthy clean-out.
>
> Seems you're doing very well. Hope you're able to
> keep it up as long as it feels good to you!
>
> Have a great Valentines Day with your wonderful
> family!

Thank you Suncloud. No worries. It would basically be impossible for anyone to discourage me for many reasons. One of them is because i have found very few people that have tried fruitarianism for over a year. i have heard stories, but no one has given first hand experience except for RB and Anne. i am definitely not into believing peoples theories as much as my own experience. So one of the lesser reasons i am doing this is to find out in my own person for myself. Not for 10 days or 30 days or 3 months, but one solid year. i am glad to report.....so far.....so very, very good.

Grace and peace be multiplied.

todd

Date: February 15, 2009 04:24AM

Sounds like a good plan, todd.

And thanks for posting!

Date: February 15, 2009 10:27PM

Sunday, Day 62 100% Fruitarian. This has been a quiet weekend. i love quiet weekends. i think its because i really hate drama. i avoid it as much as possible. Life brings enough drama on its own and it seems like some people seek it out like caffiene. But i seek to avoid it. So weekends that are quiet and uneventful help me have time for reflection (which i find beneficial). i ate very well today. Very well indeed. The mango-plantain sauce is perfected. Man is it delicious. i will post today again the recipe.

Todays meals.

Breakfast:
one half mini watermelon, 3 navel oranges.

midday snack:
two pods of delicious durian. <3 one banana.

Lunch:
Bowl of non-sweet fruity salad with mango-plantain sauce.

Here is the sauce:
place in blender:
one mango
juice of two oranges
one half plantain
large pinch of raisins
cayenne pepper to taste.

i also poured this over a bowl of zucchini spaghetti with chopped avocado. Delish.

i was stuffed. But there was still more durian left <3

So i waited about an hour or so and had one more pod......yummy. i so look forward to when the whole fruit is in town!

Exercise today:
four mile walk. i will do some other exercise later though.

todd

Date: February 17, 2009 01:32PM

Monday, Day 63 100% Fruitarian. i fasted all day today but ate when i got home (didn't get home until nearly 11:30pm). i had two navel oranges and two bananas. It was a long day for sure and a bit frustrating but thats life on planet earth.

Today's meals were:

Breakfast/Lunch:
Air and Sunshine.

Dinner:
two navel oranges, two bananas.

Exercise:
four mile power march.

todd

Date: February 18, 2009 03:20AM

Tuesday, Day 64 100% Fruitarian. i messed up alittle bit this week in that i didn't budget properly. i am running out of fruit early. The truth is.....i spent alittle too much on durian last weekend <3. But that left me having to eat less today than i would want to (or perhaps need to) on the fruitarian diet. Still, i had a very good day foodwise today. i have enough fruit for tomorrow for the most part and i will not worry about it further than that. Funny thing happened today. i had to use the bathroom while i was on the road, i stopped at a Burger King. i have done that before, using the restrooms of McDonalds or BK, but it just felt so much more strange this time. Its the first time i have had to do it since i have started Fruitarian. Also, i was in the home of a prospective client last night and his wife was frying something. For the first time i realized how utterly disguisting the smell of frying grease was to me. Things are definitely changing because at one time i was a fried chicken addict.

Today's menu:

Breakfast:
Half a watermelon, one mango, one banana, two oranges.

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad with mango-plantain sauce.

Dinner:
two oranges, two bananas, one mango.

No exercise today as i had to leave the house earlier than usual.

todd

Date: February 18, 2009 08:50PM

tglasco4 Wrote:
> Tuesday, Day 64 100% Fruitarian. i messed up
> alittle bit this week in that i didn't budget
> properly. i am running out of fruit early. The
> truth is.....i spent alittle too much on durian
> last weekend <3. But that left me having to eat
> less today than i would want to (or perhaps need
> to) on the fruitarian diet. Still, i had a very
> good day foodwise today. i have enough fruit for
> tomorrow for the most part and i will not worry
> about it further than that. Funny thing happened
> today. i had to use the bathroom while i was on
> the road, i stopped at a Burger King. i have done
> that before, using the restrooms of McDonalds or
> BK, but it just felt so much more strange this
> time. Its the first time i have had to do it since
> i have started Fruitarian. Also, i was in the home
> of a prospective client last night and his wife
> was frying something. For the first time i
> realized how utterly disguisting the smell of
> frying grease was to me. Things are definitely
> changing because at one time i was a fried chicken
> addict.

Lol! I used to love fried chicken too.! Now the thought of eating a poor dead chicken is just too unbearable.

Your posts have inspired me to try durian again. I was raw for a long time before I had my first durian, but I still couldn't swallow more than a couple of bites. And I didn't like the smell.

I've been hearing that sometimes there are fresh ones at the farmers market. I might try it again. smiling smiley

Have a nice day!

Date: February 19, 2009 12:25AM

Wednesday, day 65 100% Fruitarian. My sinuses where alittle stuffed this morning. i felt great, but it was strange because i have eaten nothing to cause it. So it must be that dreaded thing of which raw vegan nightmares are made...detox..lol

i ate well today. i usually eat well, but these days the fruit seems much sweeter.

Today's meals:

Breakfast:
one half a cantelope. one mango. two bananas. two oranges.

Dinner:
Non-sweet fruity salad with plantain-mango sauce.

Did not exercise.

todd

Date: February 19, 2009 12:29AM

"Lol! I used to love fried chicken too.! Now the thought of eating a poor dead chicken is just too unbearable.

Your posts have inspired me to try durian again. I was raw for a long time before I had my first durian, but I still couldn't swallow more than a couple of bites. And I didn't like the smell.

I've been hearing that sometimes there are fresh ones at the farmers market. I might try it again. smiling smiley

Have a nice day!"

It's something how our tastes can change! There are many that don't believe this is possible, we are proof that it is!

i am so happy that the posts are helping you in some way. Durian smelled to me too at first, but it tasted wonderful. Now i actually love the smell. i have only been able to get the frozen pods at this point. i am so looking forward to getting the whole fruit (even if it is frozen).

Grace and Peace be multiplied to you.

todd

Date: February 20, 2009 12:39AM

Thursday, Day 66 100% Fruitarian. Today was a test of faith. i had very little to eat but i was very thankful for what i had. i am so happy that i can do some shopping tomorrow smiling smiley. i tell being fruitarian is good in many ways, spiritually i am not only enabled (by Grace) to remain calm during trying times, but also i only have a taste for fruit. So that its getting to the point where nothing else seems like food to me. i call other things food to be polite to people that partake in those things, but truly nothing is edible but fruit. i like that.

Todays menu was:

Breakfast:
one banana.

Lunch:
one banana

Dinner:
Non-sweet fruity salad made of whatever i could scrap together (LOL) ;D. It was actually quite good. winking smileyd
i chopped in a bowl:
one cucumber
left over limp celery (had plenty of that)
about half a medium sized papaya (that saved the day)
handful of raisins
seasoned with curry and basil

i made a sauce with:
Juice of two lemons and one lime
one mango (i ate about one third of it..yummy)
large pinch raisins
about 5 neglet dates
about 1/5 of the papaya
some cayenne pepper.

i tell you it was pretty good. i have learned that i really love the juice of the orange in both my sweet and savory salads. But in the absence of that the lemon wasn't too bad.

Exercise:
i did about 20 minutes of calistenics today.

todd

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 20, 2009 06:42PM

funny about the fried chicken smiling smiley

when i went vegan (but still not raw) i made chicken fried zuchini lol .. same spices and frying .. cept no chicken .. it was one of the things that helped me transition lolsmiling smiley

i really have been connecting things with the spices we used to use rather then the meat itself

even my hubby says my raw vegan lasagna tastes pretty much the same as the cooked version ... so it makes ya wonder is it the chicken we are addicted to or the flavors we add to it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 20, 2009 09:37PM

Friday, Day 67 100% Fruitarian. Happy day today. i got to get some more fruit. i didn't get everything i wanted, but i am thankful for what i got. i am hoping to be able to do some more shopping this weekend because i saw some delicious things as i was shopping. One store had cherimoya, i saw that another was going to have cantelope on sale starting sunday. The papaya looked divine at Sam's Club this week and avocados seemed to be everywhere on sale this weekend. i couldn't get any of that today, but there is always another day. i did get a case of organic bananas. They are mostly green but that is fine because later in the week we will have a feast. My wife was happy today as she is only 8lbs from the weight she was when we got married nearly 25 years ago. She has been 100% raw for about 40 days now. She was very happy also because the food co-op had almonds on sale for $3.99/lb. At this stage of her journey nuts are a staple food in various raw dishes. My meals today were:

Lunch:
half a watermelon with 3 navel oranges. After eating so lightly yesterday i was stuffed. But i felt so good. It seems the more oranges i eat the more energy i feel.

Dinner:
Non-sweet fruity salad with mango sauce. Didn't get any plantain yet so i was missing that, overall it was delicious.

i left the house early today so no breakfast and no exercise.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

todd

Date: February 20, 2009 09:42PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> funny about the fried chicken smiling smiley
>
> when i went vegan (but still not raw) i made
> chicken fried zuchini lol .. same spices and
> frying .. cept no chicken .. it was one of the
> things that helped me transition lolsmiling smiley
>
> i really have been connecting things with the
> spices we used to use rather then the meat itself
>
>
> even my hubby says my raw vegan lasagna tastes
> pretty much the same as the cooked version ... so
> it makes ya wonder is it the chicken we are
> addicted to or the flavors we add to it smiling smiley

i believe this to be true Jgunn. The spices are what we like to taste, but the flesh is also addictive. But we can easily make vegan things taste like anything flesh that was fried just by using certain spices. i can do it with dehydrated foods when i ate them. It certainly does make the transition easier, at least that was my own experience.

todd

Date: February 22, 2009 12:22AM

Saturday Day 68, 100% Fruitarian. They say that necessity is the mother of invention. i believe that to be true. Since i could not get plantains yesterday i was missing an ingredient that had become a staple in my non-sweet fruit salad sauces. The plantain not only added a sweetness that wasn't too sweet, they thickened the sauce so that it has a creamy texture (i love this texture). Well, if you have ever done zucchini spaghetti in a spiral slicer, you know that there is a leftover piece. Its the shape of a cigarette. My wife had a bowl full of them in the fridge. She said she couldn't think of what to do with them and i insisted on not throwing them out. Today they were substitutes for the plantain and they worked famously. We also had some raspberries given to us last summer from a client which we placed in the freezer and forgot about. When my wife took them out to thaw (she made a raw sauce to go over the raw cheesecake she and the children enjoyed), juice began to drain out into the bowl they sat in. i used about 6 ounces of that juice for my sauce. It became a raspberry-chutney sauce and it was very good i must say. Today's menu was:

Breakfast:
one-half watermelon, 3 navel oranges.

Lunch:
one-half watermelon, 4 navel oranges, one mango.

Dinner:
non-sweet fruity salad with raspberry-mango chutney sauce. winking smileyd

no exercise today.

todd

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Thess 5:23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 12:25AM by tglasco4.

Date: February 23, 2009 04:32AM

Sunday, Day 69 100% Fruitarian. Good, Fruity day today. For the last week, i have not been eating avocados. Don't get me wrong, i love avocados. i mean, put me on an island with either mango, durian or avocados and don't worry about me, i'll be fine. But i have not had the means to keep alot of them around and my wife and daughter crave them now. So i let them have them. This has given me a fat free week. Not coincidentally, my weight dropped to 183lbs (my wife fears i am disappearing). Salt-free, fat-free, all fruit=weight loss. LOL. i must admit, i do feel alot of energy now, even more than before. i am concerned about the weight loss in the sense that my wife is concerned. But i know its part of the process. Today's menu consisted of:

Breakfast:
one-half watermelon, 4 oranges.

Lunch:
non-sweet fruity salad with raspberry-mango sauce (very good).

Dinner:
one cantaloupe, 2 oranges.

Exercise:
20 minutes of calistenics and toning exercises.

todd

Date: February 24, 2009 12:23PM

Monday, Day 70 100% Fruitarian. i was supposed to fast today, but, i wasn't into it. That's been happening regularly lately, because of the issues of life. But i did eat some fruit. i also had a long day workwise and didn't get home until after 10pm, but i ate a non-sweet fruity salad anyways. i was much hungrier than usual and i had eaten a nice lunch to boot. Our bodies go thru so many things and there are so many operations going on inside our system. i believe that its impossible to always know what it means. i do know that it loves fruit and i seek to oblige it as often as i can. i fasted today until early afternoon. i had left the house early this morning for a couple of appointments, then i came home, changed and went with my wife on a powerwalk. After changing back into my working clothes i had some delicious fruit:

Lunch:
one watermelon, 4 bananas, two oranges.

Later:
Non-sweet fruity salad (i had no cukes today), with plantain-mango sauce.

Exercise: 4 mile powerwalk.

todd

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Thess 5:23

Date: February 25, 2009 01:40AM

Tuesday, Day 71 100% Fruitarian. Today wasn't very pleasant food-wise. i was hoping that the case of bananas i bought would have started ripening by now. i placed a bunch of bananas in the front window where the sun shines brightly most of the day. Problem was overnight the temperature dropped and in the morning the bananas were nearly frozen and definitely not any riper. Since that was pretty much all i had to eat this morning, i ended up eating 10, not so ripe and very cold bananas. i tell you the truth, they were not very appetizing. In the afternoon i had scraped together a few bucks so that i had a good non-sweet fruity salad for dinner. i am hoping that some of the bananas are ripe tomorrow. i do have some tangerines (thirty-three cents apiece at walmart) and navel oranges. Overall, i am thankful for being able to eat, but i sure am looking forward to when i can get ripe, sweet fruit.

Today's meals were:

Breakfast:
10 bananas.

Dinner:
non-sweet fruity salad with mango-plantain sauce.

No exercise today.

todd

Date: February 25, 2009 11:35PM

Wednesday, Day 72, 100% Fruitarian. Today was a great day foodwise. i learned something about bananas. After leaving them on the window sill all night two nights ago and finding that they froze, i found that one can actually ruin the fruit this way. i ate one of those that was left from that group. It looked ripe, but it was so hard that you could hear a slight snap and crunch to it. It wasn't good to eat but i didn't waste them, i ended up using two of them (thankfully i didn't put too many of them in that position), in my non-sweet fruity sauce (came out fantastic). i was also able to obtain some melons today, including two watermelons (Yummy). The other bananas started to show some spots smiling smiley and anyone who knows bananas knows that is when they start to be really good. Again, it was a satisfying fruity day. The use of the bananas really drives up the total calories. i ended up eating alittle over 2800 calories and virtually no fat (the 80/10/10 folks will like that). i also ended up eating two mono meals today. The ten bananas i ate for breakfast digested faster than my normal meals. i believe this is due to it being a mono meal and the digestion being easier. i don't think (at least at this stage) that i could do bananas only for many days (unless of course i had to because of economics). i believe i could do it on sweet melons or mangos or oranges. Of course i could probably do it on durian. <3

The menu was thus:

Breakfast:
10 bananas.

Lunch:
one watermelon

Dinner:
Non-sweet fruity salad with banana sauce....one banana (ate that one while i was preparing dinner).

We did a 5 mile powerwalk today.

todd

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 26, 2009 03:26AM

Todd,
I don't post that often, but I love reading your diary; it makes me happy to see you doing so well on your fruitarian adventure. I envy you the durians-- I haven't been able to get one yet. Like you, I like papaya. I was fortunate enough to 'rescue' five of them from the discount bin at the local supermarket last week. They're perfect!-- nothing at all wrong with them, and I paid about $1 for each of them. Normally they're $4 or more, and hard as a rock.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 26, 2009 01:07PM

kwan Wrote:
> Todd,
> I don't post that often, but I love reading your
> diary; it makes me happy to see you doing so well
> on your fruitarian adventure. I envy you the
> durians-- I haven't been able to get one yet. Like
> you, I like papaya. I was fortunate enough to
> 'rescue' five of them from the discount bin at the
> local supermarket last week. They're perfect!--
> nothing at all wrong with them, and I paid about
> $1 for each of them. Normally they're $4 or more,
> and hard as a rock.

Isn't it something how we can get such a deal when the rest of the folks think the fruit is no good?LOL. i love it when Walmart does that. i spoke to the manager once and he told me the reason he lowered the price of oranges from 50 cents apiece to 20 cents apiece (i loaded up that week), was because nobody was buying them. i would love to see people eat more fruit, but if they don't and the prices drop.....i want to be right there!! Good for you on that Papaya. Nice ripe papaya is something i love with my non-sweet salad. Enjoy!!

todd

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 27, 2009 01:01AM

>Isn't it something how we can get such a deal when the rest of the folks think the fruit is no good?LOL<

:-) I love finding fruit and vegie bargains. Today I went back to Shaw's (big grocery chain here) and I was thrilled to find 5 cantaloupes in the discount bin, plus another papaya. Prices of each ranged from .89 to $1.15; most were right around $1. Usually the cantaloupes are $2.99, so that was nice. Plus the 'damaged' ones are the only ones that are sweet and taste good. The expensive ones are hard as a rock and taste like cardboard. I love to run them through the juicer; they make a delicious foamy juice that tastes almost like a vanilla milkshake. I remember asking the produce manager at Shaw's a few months back if there was any special time of day that they put out the discount stuff, and he looked at me kind of funny and said "Actually, my job is to make sure we don't have any produce that's getting too ripe." He seemed to think it was a failure on his part, and something weird on my part that I wanted cheap produce. But ever since then, whenever I see him, he remembers me and he's really nice and gives me a lot of 'insider tips' about the produce that comes into the market. It's really good to make friends with local produce managers; sometimes they'll really go the extra mile to help you out.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 27, 2009 03:52AM

kwan Wrote:
> >Isn't it something how we can get such a deal
> when the rest of the folks think the fruit is no
> good?LOL<
>
> :-) I love finding fruit and vegie bargains. Today
> I went back to Shaw's (big grocery chain here) and
> I was thrilled to find 5 cantaloupes in the
> discount bin, plus another papaya. Prices of each
> ranged from .89 to $1.15; most were right around
> $1. Usually the cantaloupes are $2.99, so that was
> nice. Plus the 'damaged' ones are the only ones
> that are sweet and taste good. The expensive ones
> are hard as a rock and taste like cardboard. I
> love to run them through the juicer; they make a
> delicious foamy juice that tastes almost like a
> vanilla milkshake. I remember asking the produce
> manager at Shaw's a few months back if there was
> any special time of day that they put out the
> discount stuff, and he looked at me kind of funny
> and said "Actually, my job is to make sure we
> don't have any produce that's getting too ripe."
> He seemed to think it was a failure on his part,
> and something weird on my part that I wanted cheap
> produce. But ever since then, whenever I see him,
> he remembers me and he's really nice and gives me
> a lot of 'insider tips' about the produce that
> comes into the market. It's really good to make
> friends with local produce managers; sometimes
> they'll really go the extra mile to help you out.

Amen to that. i have gotten to know not only the manager of our local grocery, but most of the clerks too..lol i used to hit Shaws all the time when i lived in New Hampshire. In my part of Virginia, Krogers is the deal so that is one of my new haunts. Once in a while i will find the bananas on discount, but they very rarely have discounts on fruit like that. But they have the best quality of the stores here usually. You are right about the cantelopes, $2.99 is the usual price here also. This week they are on sale for two for $3, so we bought as many as we could. i am so looking forward to the melon season when the watermelons are abundant.

todd

Date: February 27, 2009 04:08AM

Thursday, Day 73 100% Fruitarian. i was blessed to eat like a king today. i even was able to have alittle durian! We also experienced a small non-fruit related miracle, so it was a great day. i am getting more and more energy. This confirms what i already knew, the more fruit, especially juicy sweet fruit i eat, the more powerful energy i have. In order to be tired enough for bed last night, i did three sets of pushups after i blogged. Then i awoke this morning ready to go. Not coincidentally, i ate 2800 fruity calories yesterday (something i rarely get the opportunity to do). With each passing week (its now been over 10 weeks), i am getting more and more confirmation, the Fruitarian diet is the goods. Its the real deal in every way. Spiritually, emotionally, physically. One just has to make sure and eat enough. Today's menu was:

Breakfast:
one watermelon

Snack (about 90 minutes later):
6 bananas.

Snack (about two hours later)
three tangerines, one navel orange.

Dinner:
One box of durians (three pods). Delicious.

Non-sweet fruity salad with sauce made from plantain and banana (really good).

Exercise:
4 mile powerwalk (no vest today, i felt a slight pain in the knee i hurt a couple of weeks ago), just handweights. i will probably do some pushups before bed.

todd

Date: February 27, 2009 11:07PM

Friday, Day 74 100% Fruitarian. What i week! If i had to characterize it, it would be titled "Just when i need Him most". At the start of this week, we only had food enough to last until about Tuesday. If i didn't pay my phone bill by Wednesday, i would lose both the phone and my internet. Here it is Friday, we ate very well each day this week. My cupboards are full (including lots of juicy Fruit!). i am having a Raw potluck tomorrow and i just found out my guests (knowing i am fruitarian) most of whom i met very recently are bringing a load of all kinds of fruit (i am totally rejoicing). My phone was never cut off but it was paid a day late. The Lord kept it all on. Things move in His time, not mine (He is teaching me). i wanted watermelon, i have four in my pantry and 2 more coming to tomorrow, along with papaya, pineappe, oranges and mangos. i already have 12 delicious mangos. Man, what a week! As i am typing this, i hesitate from time to time to fight tears of joy for what my Heavenly Father has done for me. We even feasted on some Durian! <3 The money came from all different places. Just when i needed it most. Next week brings more challenges, but i have learned not to worry about anything and just deal with today; And my friends, today, i have a great, great blessing.

Today's meals were:

Breakfast:
one watermelon (small), 4 bananas.(the bananas are perfect now, so sweet and spotted).

Lunch:
2 bananas, 2 tangerines, 2 navel oranges.

Dinner:
Zucchini spaghetti with tomato, avocado and mango-plantain sauce. Small non-sweet fruity sald with tomato, cucumber, celery and raisins with the mango-plantain sauce (i mean excellent.....really good).

Its good to eat with joy friends. Joy is the best flavor in the World. Nothing else like it. i pray you experience great joy in your life as i did today.

Have a wonderful weekend!

todd

Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables