Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: 100% Fruitarian for 1 year
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 28, 2009 05:10AM

Beautiful, Todd! Thanks for inspiring me. I've been relying more and more on the Infinite Invisible to supply my needs this winter too, and found my refrigerator bursting with so much fruit this week I couldn't figure out where to put it all. Our income has come from unexpected quarters lately, too. Joel Goldsmith has a phrase I like about learning to lean back on the 'everlasting arms.' When we rely only on our human resources we are happy when things go well, but inevitably we get 'burned' by our mistaken sense of personal power and responbillity, and we come back again and again like the prodigal son.... (er, daughter!)

It's good for me to be reading your post and thinking along these lines right now, as I was just getting into a really negative space emotionally tonight over some feelings of inadequacy about not being a young, super-fit, waif-thin, gorgeous raw food role model as I get older and find myself struggling with my weight and some changes in how I look. Too much focus and emphasis on the external world always leads to these feelings of human self-denegration. How ridiculous, considering we are all temples of the Divine.
:-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: February 28, 2009 02:26PM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beautiful, Todd! Thanks for inspiring me. I've
> been relying more and more on the Infinite
> Invisible to supply my needs this winter too, and
> found my refrigerator bursting with so much fruit
> this week I couldn't figure out where to put it
> all. Our income has come from unexpected quarters
> lately, too. Joel Goldsmith has a phrase I like
> about learning to lean back on the 'everlasting
> arms.' When we rely only on our human resources we
> are happy when things go well, but inevitably we
> get 'burned' by our mistaken sense of personal
> power and responbillity, and we come back again
> and again like the prodigal son.... (er,
> daughter!)
>
> It's good for me to be reading your post and
> thinking along these lines right now, as I was
> just getting into a really negative space
> emotionally tonight over some feelings of
> inadequacy about not being a young, super-fit,
> waif-thin, gorgeous raw food role model as I get
> older and find myself struggling with my weight
> and some changes in how I look. Too much focus and
> emphasis on the external world always leads to
> these feelings of human self-denegration. How
> ridiculous, considering we are all temples of the
> Divine.
> :-)

When self is the focus, life can be very frustrating. The rest and peace that comes with complete trust in a Power higher than yourself cannot be adequately described with human words. A person can eat all the right things and have the body of a god, but without peace....it all means absolutely nothing. But Joy is a precious grace. You can be eating weeds, but if your heart is overflowing with joy, you have a feast. i love how the prophet Isaiah describes it:

17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of

righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings,

and in quiet resting places;

Isa 32:16,17

Grace and Peace be multiplied unto you.

todd

Date: March 01, 2009 04:34PM

Saturday, Day 75 100% Fruitarian. What a wonderful weekend i have had! To think its only half over. Yesterday we received enough donations from our ministry to really stock up well on delicious, sweet fruits. i was so happy! The Raw Potluck went fantastic today. There were a total of six guests, none of them raw, three of them just getting into veganism. Of the others, to say they had reservations is an understatement. Two of them were openly discussing how much they love pork. By the end of the day, they were raving about the food and asking for recipes. They were asking all types of questions. We spoke on many spiritual things and issues of the day. It was rich. Since fruitarianism is a part of my faith, it is so fulfilling to see people enjoying the fellowship. They all wanted to do it again next month. i am hoping to invite a few other people too. i believe the home is the best church. It should be a warm place where angels dwell and the spirit of love dominates. That is the way it was yesterday.

i have learned a few things in the past week regarding my fruitarian journey. i would like to share them. First, avocados. i have noticed a change in myself over the last two weeks. At the beginning of this journey i would eat 2-3 per day. Then after several weeks i would eat 1-2 per day. This past week, i ate one. That one left a heaviness in my stomach. My system is getting more sensitive to the richness of the avocado. i still love that fruit. But now i must eat it more sparingly. In reading some others' fruitarian testimony, (specifically kveta's from Mango's site), they have a similar experience. For me, it happened by circumstance. We didn't have the money to buy as many so i didn't eat them. Then when i was able to get some they seemed much heavier on me. i went maybe a week and a half or two weeks without them. The other day, i had one inside my zucchini spaghetti (delicious). Even three hours later, i felt it in the pit of my stomach. For me this means i definitely have to approach them differently now at this stage of my journey. i don't want anyone to get the impression in any way that avocados are bad. They are very good. But for me, at this time and at this place in my journey, i have to be careful. If i eat them at all, i will eat them alone with nothing else. i will limit myself to one, maybe two in a week and see how i feel. But i can see how that the possibility exists that i will not be able to eat them at all. We'll see. That would be too bad because i really love them .

The second lesson i learned is about fruit in the winter. i started this journey around December 16th, 2008. Officially that was the last few days of the fall. It is now March 1 as i am typing this. Basically 19 more days of winter left. i have went thru the brunt of winter, with just fruit. At times i did feel cold, but that was remedied by just dressing warmer. Also, i believe this will prepare me for the summer. i feel that my body will be able to not only withstand greater heat, but probably embrace it. This is important for me because whenever i run in the summer i have a hard time with heat. i end up going out early in the morning or in the evening because of it. i always preferred running in the fall and winter because my head would feel like it was going to explode in the heat. i believe this summer will be different. i very much look forward to finding out. i believe the reason for the change is the lack of salt in my diet. Salt and fat. Prior to now, i ate raw, but i also ate salt and used oil. Now those things are gone. It will be interesting to see.

Saturday's menu:

Breakfast:
half a watermelon, half a cantaloupe.

Lunch:
i would normally have my non-sweet fruity salad with sauce. But to be honest, my guests destroyed it. i was able to just get a small remnant of it. Just a corner really. i didn't even post it on nutradiary. But my food was watching them enjoy. So i had a feast

i did eat one tangerine and three bananas along with two oranges while i was talking to them.

Dinner:
Three navel oranges, two tangerines, 450 grams of Durian . Half a watermelon........totally delicious.

No exercise today.

i wanted to post a picture of my beautiful wife of 25 years. She is 44 days 100% raw now . i am so proud of her. Also what is left of our weekend stash (getting more fruit today).

Grace and Peace be multiplied.

todd

[iheartfruit.com]

[iheartfruit.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2009 04:42PM by tglasco4.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 01, 2009 05:32PM

> i always preferred running in the fall and winter because my head would feel like it was going to explode in the heat. i believe this summer will be different.<

Todd,
I think you're right. You may find, like I did, that after you get significantly detoxified, summer is much more pleasant, and even strenuous activity is a lot less stressful than before. I used to hate summer weather; after I got healthy on a raw food diet I found that heat and humidity didn't affect me nearly as much. Also, summer is fun because it's an easy time to fast, drink juice or just go really light on food consumption.

All this talk of summmer, and here it is March 1st and outside my window it's been snowing for hours! Will certainly appreciate spring when it finally arrives.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 02, 2009 04:01AM

Sunday, Day 76, 100% Fruitarian. i have been in tremendous trial and pressure lately. But this weekend was more than a nice respite from it. While it wasn't deliverance....it was like a mini-vacation. A getaway that refreshed mind, body and spirit. It was beautiful and no coincidentally, it was filled with Fruit <3. Today i received the most wonderful phone call. It was from the owner of our local asian market. He was telling me they had just gotten in whole durian! <3 It was snowing here today (i think we got 3-4 inches which is alot in my neck of the woods) but i jumped in my car and got down there. I got an 8 pounder. The mistake i made was two fold. First, i bought the frozen pods last night, if i had waited until today i could have had two whole durians instead of one. Secondly, i ate zucchini spaghetti and non-sweet fruity salad prior to the durian. i was only able to eat half my durian and i was stuffed. Oh what a wonderful thing to have too much fruit! i went food shopping today. i usually go food shopping on friday morning. i hate crowds and i can avoid them at that time. But circumstance caused me to be out there today. What a madhouse it is! But what i noticed was how worried, sad and worn the people generally look. i don't know if its this recession or just the times in which we live. Its probably both. i was watching them, feeling sad for them and at the same time thankful that i have One that i can place all my cares on and He provides for me. As He did this past week and weekend. i also saw the things they were buying to eat. Sodas, white bread, chips, candies, lots of flesh and other things. i remembered that, this once represented me. i was thankful, very thankful for the grace that delivered me from that. i may not have much money, but money cannot buy health and it cannot give peace. Well, enough of all that.

i again, ate like a king (pig) today. i was able to get more watermelons on sale. winking smileyd Along with other fruits i purchased like honey tangerines, oranges, mangos, cantaloupes and of course the beloved Durian <3

Breakfast:
one whole watermelon, one-half of one durian pod <3

Dinner:
Bowl of zucchini spaghatti with one avocado and one tomato. Bowl of non-sweet fruity salad both with plantain-mango sauce.

About the avocado, just when i was trying to not have so many, i realized we have too many in the house! so many, in fact that some of them are starting to go bad. i will never allow fruit to be wasted. So my wife had one, my daughter had one and i had one. i am hoping that between tomorrow and tuesday we can lower the inventory.

After that i ate the durian. i ate half of it. My wife had her fill of the pods from last night as did my daughter. Opening it was fun..lol. Having seen so many youtube demonstrations i felt like a pro. It was so rich and cremey. Totally sweet and delicous. It didn't even smell (my son was vocal about his concerns in this area and he had to admit he didn't smell anything). i am not sure why. It came up from Florida, so its not like it had to travel very far. Whatever. i will have more for breakfast. Too much fruit on hand to fast...lol.

Too busy shopping today so that i didnt exercise again. i will catch up. Having such a blessed, fruity time this weekend.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

todd

Date: March 02, 2009 04:04AM

kwan Wrote:
> >
> Todd,
> I think you're right. You may find, like I did,
> that after you get significantly detoxified,
> summer is much more pleasant, and even strenuous
> activity is a lot less stressful than before. I
> used to hate summer weather; after I got healthy
> on a raw food diet I found that heat and humidity
> didn't affect me nearly as much. Also, summer is
> fun because it's an easy time to fast, drink juice
> or just go really light on food consumption.
>
> All this talk of summmer, and here it is March 1st
> and outside my window it's been snowing for hours!
> Will certainly appreciate spring when it finally
> arrives.

Yes, i can smell spring in the air although it is snowing outside. The snow will soon be gone and the flowers will be here! Oh the summer fruits, what a beautiful thing to look forward to! Yes, Kwan i hope you are right. i would love to enjoy a run in the sun in the summer. We'll see.

todd

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 02, 2009 06:51AM

------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2009 06:54AM by suncloud.

Date: March 02, 2009 06:53AM

Sounds like fun Todd - all that fruit!

Makes me want to try a durian even more! I just never get to the market where they're sometimes available. One of these days.....

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 02, 2009 05:13PM

i wanna try durian too i just havent gotten up the guts too lol tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: March 03, 2009 05:48AM

Monday, Day 77, 100% Fruitarian. i would normally attempt a fast today, but we have so much delicious fruit on hand at this time that i wanted to enjoy it. i even had alittle of the durian left from yesterday. It snowed here yesterday and overnight, i think we received a total of about 5 inches or snow. Thats pretty big news in southwestern Virginia these days. Of course i again fared sumptuously today. The menu was:

Breakfast:
One Mini-watermelon. three honey tangerines, 2 navel oranges. About 450 grams of Durian.

Dinner:
Non-sweet fruity salad (including Papaya), with mango-avocado dressing.

Later:
Three more navel oranges.

Exercise: Three sets of pushups.

todd

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: March 03, 2009 06:53PM

You're such an inspiration that you even inspire me to try Durian again....and that is saying a lot! I won't muddy your journal with my description of my first Durian (frozen) experience! smiling smiley

What is it exactly that grabs people so? I think I came across it once somewhere...something about certain phytochemicals or neuro this or that or something that really sparks the feel good part of brain. I must give it another try! But, whoa Nelly, that was the one and only thing I've ever tasted that I did not instantly get addicted to! So, maybe I should leave it at that and call it my trophy, heh!

Wonderful to hear about how you're doing everyday, love to hear about the subtleties (that doesn't look right, looks like subtitles, well that works too) of the fruitarian diet, the energy and subtle energy refinements, which you have mentioned.

Date: March 03, 2009 07:18PM

Elakti Wrote:
> You're such an inspiration that you even inspire
> me to try Durian again....and that is saying a
> lot! I won't muddy your journal with my
> description of my first Durian (frozen)
> experience! smiling smiley
>
> What is it exactly that grabs people so? I think
> I came across it once somewhere...something about
> certain phytochemicals or neuro this or that or
> something that really sparks the feel good part of
> brain. I must give it another try! But, whoa
> Nelly, that was the one and only thing I've ever
> tasted that I did not instantly get addicted to!
> So, maybe I should leave it at that and call it my
> trophy, heh!
>
> Wonderful to hear about how you're doing everyday,
> love to hear about the subtleties (that doesn't
> look right, looks like subtitles, well that works
> too) of the fruitarian diet, the energy and subtle
> energy refinements, which you have mentioned.

Awww. Thanks there Elakti. Such a positive thing to say. Regarding the Durian experience, i cannot speak for all. But i believe its because i am raw that i appreciate it so. i don't think i would have fallen for it as much if i were cooked or even eating alot of salt while raw. But there is something about that sweet creaminess that i really cannot describe. i am sure some scientists will go in and find some naturally occurring chemical to explain this or that. i just know its a fruit that tastes divine...lol...Ok you made be break out the dictionary......subtlety....that's it....lol

todd

Date: March 03, 2009 08:58PM

ha ! well i will try one someday im sure smiling smiley i actually passed a frozen one today in the store and thought ... should i ..... hehe smiling smiley when are they typically in season? i really dont want to buy one thats been sitting frozen forever ? smiling smiley

Date: March 04, 2009 02:51AM

Tuesday, Day 78, 100% Fruitarian. i ate very well today. i learned also that when it comes to my own body, i still have alot to learn. A few days ago i posted a reaction i had from an avocado i had eaten. i thought that, because of how it was heavy on my stomach, that i would probably end up not using them as much in the future. Then came the situation where we found ourselves with more avocado then we anticipated. Being that i am one who thinks it nearly sacriligious to waste any fruit, found myself having one per day over the last three days. No issues, heaviness or other ill feelings to report. So how much i know...lol.

My meals today were as follows.

Breakfast:
1.5 watermelons.

Lunch:
Delicious neutral fruity salad with pineapple and papaya along with non-sweet fruits tomato, cucumber, celery and raisins. i made a sauce from pineapple and mango that was outstanding. It was so rich and creamy that i used it as a soup (i put red pepper in it) as it was a cold day. i added an avocado and a plantain to it ......totally Delicious.

Dinner:
3 honey tangerines, 2 navel oranges.

3 sets of pushups......thats all i have had time for recently.

todd

Date: March 04, 2009 02:53AM

Hey Everybody......Don't be afraid of the Durian.......i promise it will not bite you.....LOL If you end up not liking it.....send the remainder to me!

todd

Date: March 04, 2009 03:08AM

hey Todd .. its a deal ! smiling smiley

Date: March 05, 2009 01:51PM

Wednesday, Day 79, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Busy day today. Before i get into what i ate today, i want to relate a small detox experience. i wouldn't have mentioned it at all except it came to me that it may help someone so i decided to blog it. About a week ago, i awoke with a pain in the back of my mouth. It hurt very badly so that i could not open my mouth for a large spoonful of fruit. i looked into the mirror to investigate and i saw in the back of the right side of my mouth, a large lump. It looked like it was about to burst. Now, i know people who, when faced with such things automatically go into panic mode. Being that i really distrust hospitals, doctors and science for the most part, i literally would rather die than panic about such things. i ascribed it to detox and just kept on going. The pain got worse and worse over the next 3 days so that it almost felt like i had a very bad sore throat. The lump actually grew. Then over the next several days it began to slowly subside. As of the writing of this blog (its actually Thursday morning), its completely gone. No pain and its as if it never came at all. What i am learning is, in spite of being a raw vegan for 5 years, the Fruitarian diet is surely at altogether another level. In terms of all areas, spiritual, fitness, cleansing and detox. Its very thorough.

Ok...Wednesday's menu:

Breakfast:
one watermelon

Lunch:
Large non-sweet fruity salad with plantain sauce. The fruit salad contained: one tomato, one medium size zucchini, one apple, large chunk of a large papaya (i'd say 25% of it), 2 stalks of celery and half a cup of raisins. The sauce had: one very ripe plantain, 6-8oz of fresh squeezed oj, small pieces of the celery (the tops and leaves), half a cup of raisins, red pepper, curry and basil. (i also sprinkled the same spices on the salad itself with alittle cayenne, probably didn't need the cayenne).

Dinner:
3 tangerines, 3 navel oranges, mini papaya.

Exercise: none today.

Grace and peace be multiplied.

todd

Date: March 06, 2009 07:44AM

Todd, interesting experience, with the lump. Glad it went away, and thanks for the story!

Date: March 06, 2009 03:26PM

Thursday, Day 80, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Very busy today. i am hoping this is a sign of good things to come. In my line of work, the busier i am the better for business. i was driving all over, but i still ate well. i was able to stop home and eat lunch which really hit the spot. i am noticing that i am adding less as far as ingredients into my sauces. Its taking less to satisfy my taste buds. i am enjoying whole fruit more and more. Definitely becoming more attuned spiritually as i am more able to read situations and circumstances with more clarity, making better decisions and, i believe, hear the Holy Spirit as He guides me. i ate well today, alittle more avocado than usual (i keep thinking back to my blog of a few days ago when i sadly thought they would be history), in fact, i have a taste for them now. Well, on to today's menu.

Breakfast:
one watermelon, three navel oranges, one mango.

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruit salad with plantain-avocado sauce.

Dinner:
4 tangerines, 3 navel oranges.

Exercise: 100 pushups. The thing i am noticing about the pushups is, i am able to get them done with very little rest. i have been doing pushups since i was 12 years old as a workout on and off. i seek to have very good form when i do them (bad form only cheats yourself). Until very recently, like the last 3-4 weeks, i had not done them in about a year. So to get back into them is cool and like i said, they are not making rest as much between sets. Fruitarian power!

todd

Date: March 07, 2009 04:25AM

Friday, Day 81, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i rarely work on Fridays. i usually do food shopping early in the day and get home early. i am a Sabbath Keeper. So i use that day to prepare my heart and mind for rest on the Sabbath with my family. But today was different. i did my shopping yesterday morning and i had an early afternoon appointment. So i ate breakfast, but i missed lunch and had lunch as dinner. Overall i ate lighter than usual, but i feel very good. The fruit is becoming more and more of a great blessing to me each day and each week (and now each month). i am nearly three months into it and while its still very early (i am committed for one year), i can really experience many of its benefits. It is scheduled to be a very warm and nice day here tomorrow. i look forward to getting out in nature and breathing in the clean air after eating delicious melon in the morning. i look forward to prayer and bible study and contemplation of the things of Heaven. Fruitarianism is being used by the Lord to give me a greater appreciation of all these things.

Todays menu.

Breakfast:
one whole mini watermelon, one cantaloupe. One very satisfied man. Delicious.

Dinner:
Large non-sweet fruit salad with a most delicious mango-banana sauce.

exercise: 4 mile power walk, 80 pushups.

Have a great weekend!

Grace and Peace be multiplied unto you.

todd

Date: March 08, 2009 04:50AM

Saturday, Day 82, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Very nice day today. i stayed home and it was quiet and peaceful. i love days like that. Very therapuedic. The temperature reached 80 degrees F today. i was able to take a nice walk in the first warm breezes of the year. It felt wonderful. i have many troubles, but today, i cast them all off. i ate well today. i took pictures of each meal and hopefully will post them tomorrow. This gives a visual for those that learn best that way. Here are todays meals.

Breakfast:
one watermelon.

Brunch (3 hrs later):
3 navel oranges, 4 honey tangerines.

Dinner:
Large non-sweet fruity salad with banana-mango dressing.

Later:
one watermelon.

exercise: 4 mile walk.

todd

Date: March 08, 2009 09:49PM

Sunday, Day 83, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Another beautiful day today, low in the 80's with a warm breeze. My caloric intake was higher than normal (normal for these days) today because i ate both one avocado and some durian. According to nutadiary, which i do use to log my intake, durian throws the whole carb/protein/fat ratio out the window. So be it.....lol. If i could, i would just live on durian. i love it that much. i have never tasted anything quite like it. Today's meals were:

Breakfast:
One mini watermelon and 5 bananas.

Dinner:

Large bowl of zucchini spaghetti, with chopped tomato and celery with raisins. Covered in mango-avocado sauce.......Delicious.

about 450 grams of Durian.

i was able to obtain some juicy mineola oranges today for a cheap price. i will probably eat about 3 or 4 of those later after i exercise.

Exercise:
i have been getting into isometrics lately. i did about 15 minutes this morning and will do some more this evening.

todd

Date: March 09, 2009 11:14PM

Monday, Day 84, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i noticed that over the last two weeks i really have had no taste for sweet fruit salads or smoothies. i really just want the fruit itself. The juicier and sweeter the better. i obtained some minneola oranges yesterday and the rest of my family thinks they are bitter. To me, they are very sweet and very juicy. They were only 50 cents apiece so i bought 15 of them. i had 5 dollars left and i bought ten more today. Last night after i finished my online bible study, i had three of them (along with two navels). Delicious. Also, i am continuing to thoroughly enjoy the watermelon. We are so fortunate in that i am able to get central american watermelons when they are not growing here. Now the season for Virginia (and the southern U.S.) is coming in a couple of months, that will be joyful! My caloric intake has been over 3200 both yesterday and today. i didn't plan it that way, yesterday the durian and the avocado alone added about 800 calories, today it was the bananas. Eating enough calories is very important in the beginning stages of fruitarianism i believe. i had an excellent isometric workout after our powerwalk this morning. i am sore right now, the good kind, the kind that makes one know you reached the muscles involved.

The menu for today was:

Breakfast:

one watermelon, 3 minneola oranges.

Lunch:
5 bananas.

Dinner:
Large non-sweet fruity salad with avocado-mango sauce.

Exercise: 4 mile powerwalk, 34 minutes of isometrics.

todd

Date: March 11, 2009 01:39AM

Tuesday, Day 85, 100% Fruitarian. Busy day today, that is good. Good day foodwise also. We are planning another Raw Remnant potluck in early April. We have some of the same folks coming back. One of them is now 100% raw since coming to our last one (smile). i spoke to him today and he wants to go 30 days. It has been about 10 days since the last raw potluck, that day he decided to be 100% raw. He says he is out of the "200lb" club now and still shrinking. It is a wonderful thing to help people, its good for the receiver and the giver. People have donated to our ministry and we in turn seek to bless others. i pray such ripples are very far reaching indeed.

Today's menu.

Breakfast:
Delicious juicy watermelon, 2 tangerines, 2 minneola oranges, 2 navel oranges. A most satisfying breakfast. (1000 calories)

Lunch:
7 large bananas. i ate them at my office, i should have brought a few more. (800 calories)

Dinner:
Large non-sweet fruity salad with mango-avo-banana sauce. (1600 calories)

i post the calories because i am noticing many of those i speak to who are just starting out are not giving themselves enough fruit calories to ensure fruity success.

Exercise: 4 mile powerwalk, 15 minutes of isometrics.

todd

Date: March 12, 2009 03:50PM

Wednesday, Day 86, 100% Fruitarian. Busy day today. Hustling about seeking to do my part to provide for my family. In my daily travels i am blessed to meet varied and interesting types of people. i met a man who worked with placing children in foster and adoptive homes. As we spoke i realized he has seen some pretty ugly things. He seemed hardened by it, so that it did not phase him (apparently). i realized that this was a defense mechanism many people use to deal with the ugly things of life. After beholding so much darkness, in order to continue one must harden themselves. i see it in big city police officers and people that work in the prison system. i realized that, i don't want that. i want to be able to appreciate things for how good or bad they are. Not get so used to the good that i take it for granted or to the bad that my heart is hardened. i met another man that is battling to save his sight. He has had many eye operations. There was so much i wanted to share with him, but i could not. Sometimes we can overwhelm people if we are not careful (which is just as bad if not worse than saying nothing at all). But we had a long and very enjoyable conversation. i hope i was able to be used by the Lord to drop some seeds of hope for him to pick up. Ate very well today. i am so thankful that i am able to eat delicious food like this, it is a great blessing. The majority of the planet, either by choice, deception or poverty, does not enjoy this blessing. i pray to be able to help change that in some small way.

Today's meals:

Breakfast:
One watermelon (mini), 6 oranges ...1100 calories.

Lunch:
6 bananas, 4 oranges.....840 Calories

Dinner:
Non-sweet Fruity Salad with mango-banana-avo sauce (i am really feeling avos this past week)......1475 Calories.

Note: i ideally prefer to have the heaviest calorie meal as the middle meal. But because it i have to prepare it, when i am on the road it gets switched. Normally you will notice from previous blogs that i have the non-sweet fruity salad (heaviest meal) in the middle. This is what i prefer for digestion and max energy. .

Exercise:
4 mile powerwalk, 20 minutes of isometric exercises.

Date: March 13, 2009 02:18AM

Thursday, Day 87, 100% Fruitarian. A pretty stressful day today, but i am still standing by Grace. i ate well today and i had an excellent workout. The isometric exercises i am doing really make me feel it. i am using them in preparation of a more strenous workout in the months to come. Here was today's menu:

Breakfast:
One mini watermelon, 6 oranges, 3 bananas (1360 Calories)

Lunch:
non-sweet fruity salad with avo-mango-banana sauce (1200 calories)

Dinner:
one cantaloupe, 3 bananas, one orange (940 calories)

Exercise:
4 mile power walk, 2 sets of 4 isometric exercises.

todd

Date: March 13, 2009 10:08PM

Friday, Day 88, 100% Raw Fruitarian. It was snowing and raining today. Slushy. So we didn't do our power walk. But i was able to have a terrific indoor isometric workout. Today i made a decision. We make decisions every day. Usually we do this when faced with a situation (important or trivial), that forces us to do it. i have been in a spiritual battle recently. i believe what the Bible says, that we are in a spiritual war which will rage until the enemy of all righteousness is forever destroyed (very soon i pray). Every war has battles and skirmishes. Battles are won and battles are lost yet until the end, the war rages on. Many are in a war with themselves regarding the raw diet and many surrender, waving the white flag, very easily. In the spiritual battle that is raging over my soul right now, i came to this conclusion which the Bible describes in these verses:

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him....Job 13:15

But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. Job 23:10

Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. Job 23:12

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: 18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. 19 The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. Hab 3:17-19

i am very thankful for the Bible in times of battle. i am also very happy that it is Friday and i made it until the weekend. i am looking forward to the bible studies we are doing this weekend. They give me strength, encouragement and inspiration during times of trial. A shelter in time of storm.

My meals today were:

Breakfast:
one watermelon, 5 bananas.

Dinner:
Non-sweet fruit salad with banana-avocado dressing.

Exercise: 30 minutes of isometrics....3 sets of 4 exercises....2 minutes of abs..2 sets of calistenics.

Have a wonderful Weekend.

todd

Date: March 15, 2009 04:01AM

Saturday, Day 89, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i believe in resting the 7th day and man, i had a good rest today. My wife and children wanted to go and visit a church so they did. That left me at home, alone, in peace and quietness. It was beautiful. It was also a rainy day so that made it even more cosy. There are many stresses and trials in my life now, but during this 24 hour period, its like i close a door and kick them all out! LOL. After this week, i really needed that and was thankful to get it. i was only missing my durian this day, but thats ok, i am sure i will get some in the future. No exercise, i would have went for a walk, but as i said i was rainy. i pretty much stayed in my robe and pajamas all day. A woman i had recently met asked my wife if she could come over and ask me some bible questions. We had a good little fellowship. i ate well also.

My meals today were:

Breakfast:
one mini watermelon, 4 tangerines. (750 calories)

Lunch:
non-sweet fruity salad with banana-avocado sauce (1472 calories)

dinner:
one avocado, 2 tangerines. (393 calories)

Exercise: none

todd

Date: March 16, 2009 03:22AM

Sunday, Day 90, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Today, marks the three month point of my journey. i thought it good to have a little reflection and see where i am. i feel extremely healthy and fit. i feel like i am getting more so by the week. My mind is getting clearer and still clearer. The Lord is showing me wonderful things in the Bible. Deep things that give me strength. i am so very thankful that He led me on this path. My weight has stayed at 185-187lbs for the last several weeks. i still believe that will change going forward, but that is where i am now. i am really into fruit, even more so now than when i started. Watermelon is my big thing at this time. Can't get enough of it. My wife says its because of the water, that is probably partially true. But i love cantaloupe also, but in no ways how i feel about the watermelon. Speaking of water. Pretty much i have not been drinking any. i have not felt the need to as i don't feel thirsty and my urine stream has been crystal clear. Also, i have been urinating alot.

i feel at this time, that i would rather starve or fast on water than eat something that is not fruit. My wife is alittle concerned about that because whenever we are short on fruit, i just won't eat. So now she is making sure i have enough, but i also want to make sure the family has enough, makes for some interesting discussions. i still feel like i am in the embryonic stage of this portion of my journey. i also feel that having been raw for several years prepared me for this. Being 100% raw is another level from anything less than that. Being 100% Fruitarian is a still higher level from raw. i feel this in my own person. i still have some cravings for salt at times, but to be honest they are far and few between and not very strong. That addiction is going by the wayside (i thank my Lord for His grace upon me).

i had a good workout day today. i decided to do some reps to see if the isometrics are helping me. i found out indeed they have been. But first today's meals.

Breakfast:
One cantaloupe, 3 honey tangerines. (344 calories)

Lunch:
Zucchini spaghetti mixed with non-sweet fruit and raisins, Covered in avocado-plantain-tangerine juice sauce. DELICIOUS. (996 calories).

Dinner:
one tangerine (52 calories).

Exercise:
i turned my timer on for 20 minutes and wanted to see what i could do in that time. Here it was:
121 regular pushups, 40 incline pushups, 14 chins, 45 one-legged squats (each leg). It was not much but last week i could not do more than 90 pushups or even one chin. i think i was out of condition since i had not done chins in two years. Two years ago i was doing 3 sets of 20. i plan on being back there (and past there) in the next few weeks. Overall, the isometrics are doing their job.

Later on, after our bible study, i felt so good i did 80 more pushups. They felt great too.

todd

Date: March 17, 2009 02:13AM

Monday, Day 91, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i stated yesterday that would rather subsist on water or nothing rather than eat anything but fruit. That statement is quickly being put to the test. i didn't have alot of fruit available today, but i was able to have a very good dinner. i ended up supplementing my meals with some water. i was still able to get in a good isometric workout (we had heavy rain most of the day so we didn't get our power walk in). i felt sore from yesterday's workout but i still needed to do some isometrics today (call me hooked...lol). Today's meals were:

Breakfast:
quarter of a pineapple, quarter of a cantaloupe..(104 calories).

Dinner:
Large non-sweet fruit salad with banana-avocado dressing (1005 calories).

Later:
33oz of water.

Exercise: 20 minutes of isometrics.

todd

Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables