Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: 100% Fruitarian for 1 year
Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: May 13, 2009 11:38PM

Tuesday, Day 148, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Seems like my life is on spin cycle. Everything is going crazy and happening fast. Communicating with my parents, mortgage and car note issues, detox and cravings for cooked....all at the same time. Its crazy. Yet i am strangely calm and cool. Grace is a wonderful thing indeed. Then above all this, yesterday i had a meeting with a major prospect. It went very, very well. This deal, if completed would help me more than alot. The toughest thing about this is remaining calm and not blowing it. So far, so good. i feel like things may be turning around, but i still am guarded. But definitely optimistic. We have a good amount of cooked foodstuffs, but the raw reserves are dwindling fast. So today's intake is lighter than normal, but i thank my Father for what i was able to eat. Also, since i am not making sauces these days my caloric intake for the non-sweet salads are greatly reduced.

i also had a pretty good workout this morning. i did my workout in the kitchen because the counter-top provides a good dipping station, the best in the house. i alternated between sets of dips and sets of pushups with my hands at hip level and one leg extended up for abs. Good workout. Those pushups are in preparation for what i hope will become planche pushups. They were tougher then the basic pushups. Here were today's activities.

Breakfast:
A little less than half a watermelon, one mango (677 calories)

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad with one large tomato, 5 roma tomatoes, one large english cucumber, one mango, one avocado, two medium bananas, topped with basil, curry and cayenne. (790 calories)

Dinner:
2 navel oranges, 2 bananas, one mango (482 calories).

Exercise:
set the clock for 30 minutes. Only worked out for 25 minutes as my pecs and arms were wiped out. Did 10 sets of dips (122 total) and 10 sets of pushups with hands at hip level. (105 total).

Grace and Peace be multiplied.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SheThrowsDown ()
Date: May 14, 2009 01:01AM

I just read through all 8 pages of this thread and I am in awe of your accomplishment thus far. Congrats on your fruitarianism!

Also I saw that someone mentioned olives and you mentioned that you would if you could find raw ones. I found some online because i was looking for them myself.

They were on this site
[www.therawfoodworld.com]

I checked there now and they aren't listed, but they were there an hour ago so you can check and see if they're up now.
I also found these:

[www.rawganique.com]

Date: May 14, 2009 01:52AM

SheThrowsDown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just read through all 8 pages of this thread and
> I am in awe of your accomplishment thus far.
> Congrats on your fruitarianism!
>
> Also I saw that someone mentioned olives and you
> mentioned that you would if you could find raw
> ones. I found some online because i was looking
> for them myself.
>
> They were on this site
> [www.therawfoodworld.com]
>
> I checked there now and they aren't listed, but
> they were there an hour ago so you can check and
> see if they're up now.
> I also found these:
>
> [www.rawganique.com].
> htm

Hello Christina! i am glad you the blog has been a positive influence. Thank you so much for that rawganique site. Unfortunately, they are out of the unsalted ones at the moment. But i will keep checking. i would really like to try some olives right off the tree. As the site said, we really don't otherwise know what they really taste like because they are salted and canned. i have to admit though, the bitter thing leaves me apprehensive. But i am curious so i will probably be ordering some when i am able and they are available. Have you ever had them?

Date: May 14, 2009 08:49PM

Wednesday, Day 149, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i had a tremendous workout today. i decided to do sets of 5 reps of just pullups (will do chins tomorrow) combined with one legged squats. Really good workout. i ended up doing 20 sets each in the 30 minutes i set on the timer. What excited me was, for the first time i pulled up high enough to hit my head on the basement ceiling. This shows me that my strength is increasing (it didn't hurt my head, its too hard.....LOL). i really want to be able to do the muscle ups so i know i am making progress towards that end. i was able to get 6 mangos and two avocados (total cost $5). So today was a mango type of day, which of course, i do not mind at all. Mango and durian are at the top of my favorite foods list. The quality at the stores are improving as it gets warmer. Just that thought brings a smile to my face.

Today's meals and activities went like this:

Breakfast:
one half of a large watermelon, 2 mangos (947 calories)

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad with avocado, 2 large tomatoes, one large cuke, one mango with curry, basil and cayenne. (523 calories)

Dinner:
2 mangos, one avocado (558 calories).

Exercise: Set the clock for 30 minutes. Did 100 pullups and 100 one leg squats.

Grace and Peace be multiplied

Date: May 15, 2009 06:40PM

Thursday, Day 150, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Well, today marks 5 months as a fruitarian. At this point, i am really feeling fantastic. i think i am definitely approaching the best shape of my life. The best shape of my life was probably when i was about 21. i am not quite there yet, but i am rapidly approaching it for sure. i also have noticed one strange situation. For about the last three weeks, i have not had to use deodorant. No funky smell was eminating from my armpits. Until last weekend. i was feeling a detox episode as i was alittle tired, a cold sore showed on my lip and suddenly, i was very funky. It got so bad i had to reach for the deodorant so as not to offend. The strange thing was, it was not because of exercise, i was just sitting by the computer when it just started coming out. i know it was a detox thing. My weight these days is in the high 170's. My wife keeps mentioning how i am disappearing, i just tell her to relax...lol. i feel very energetic. i was so sore today. My back muscles and leg muscles from yesterday's workout. It was great. i love that feeling because i know i reached the muscles very well. Being careful not to injure myself and suffer a setback, i rested today. My food was low so my caloric intake was about half what it should be. But thats alright as i will be getting a good haul tomorrow by God's Grace.

Today's menu was:

Breakfast:
Half a watermelon, one mango (812 calories)

Lunch:
Non-sweet salad with 2 tomatoes, 2 cukes, one avocado, one mango (556 calories)

Dinner:
one medium sized red tomato (22 calories)

Exercise: none

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 16, 2009 01:39AM

I have not used deodarant for two years now and when I am eating raw my sweat is not stinky and salty as when I eat cooked foods. There was a time I got a awful smell and even soap would not get rid of it so I used some vinegar under the arms for a while and that got rid of the smell but then I smelled like vinegar. Deodarant has alumimum and other bad chemicals. I am careful about the kind of soap I use as well.
I was wondering if zucinnis are considered fruit? I have a love for them now that I found this great tool at a yard sale that makes vegitables into noodles.
I love reading your blog it is so enspireing for me.
Is your family eating raw? One of my daughters is giveing it a try and another daughter is vegitarian but my youngest loves her meat. Overall my family is eating better since I have changed my diet.
One more question, Do you find it easier to exersize since you have become frutarian? Do your muscles hurt less or is it the same as when you were younger.
Its a new world when eating raw isnt it
Love
Pam

Date: May 16, 2009 03:33AM

pampam Wrote:
> I have not used deodarant for two years now and
> when I am eating raw my sweat is not stinky and
> salty as when I eat cooked foods. There was a
> time I got a awful smell and even soap would not
> get rid of it so I used some vinegar under the
> arms for a while and that got rid of the smell but
> then I smelled like vinegar. Deodarant has
> alumimum and other bad chemicals. I am careful
> about the kind of soap I use as well.
> I was wondering if zucinnis are considered fruit?
> I have a love for them now that I found this great
> tool at a yard sale that makes vegitables into
> noodles.
> I love reading your blog it is so enspireing for
> me.
> Is your family eating raw? One of my daughters is
> giveing it a try and another daughter is
> vegitarian but my youngest loves her meat.
> Overall my family is eating better since I have
> changed my diet.
> One more question, Do you find it easier to
> exersize since you have become frutarian? Do your
> muscles hurt less or is it the same as when you
> were younger.
> Its a new world when eating raw isnt it
> Love
> Pam

i consider the zucchini as part of the fruit family. A non-sweet fruit. Good for you and your family on eating healthier. That's great!! i do find it easier to exercise and recovery is better too. i find my development is amazingly fast, i think that is the most telling thing to me. i am not sure about how it compares to when i was younger. If i had to guess i would say its about the same. Indeed, eating raw is a new world and Fruitarian is newer still.

Date: May 16, 2009 04:09AM

Friday, Day 151, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Very good day today. My dad offered and gave me some financial assistance. i only started talking to him about 2 weeks ago after over 5 years! Just for some perspective, my home was several months behind on the mortgage and facing foreclosure. Bank people taking pictures in preparation, knocking on my door and warning me. Last week while i was in a parking lot a 300lb+ man opened my car door and attempted to pull me out of the car and take my keys. It was a repo man, he wasn't successful. It hasn't been exactly a fun year, but i know there are people in much worse situations. Like having lost their job and their home. So i am thankful for where i am. These were a few of the challenges i have been facing this year. Today, my dad (Lord bless him) called me to let me know he took care of all of it. What a wonderful God i serve! i also had a terrific workout this morning. Wednesday i focused on pull-ups and legs, today it was chin-ups and pushups. Its like i am discovering bodyweight exercise for the first time, although i have done it for years (on and off). i ate very well today. Here are today's meals and activities..

Breakfast:
Half a watermelon, one mango, one avocado (1101 calories)

Snack:
Large slice of watermelon, one banana...(277 calories)

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad with two large tomatoes, two large english cuke, one avocado, one very large banana, one mango.....half a box of Durian. (1082 calories)

Dinner:
2 valencia oranges, 3 mangos (522 calories).

Exercise: set the clock for 30 minutes. did 110 chinups and 200 pushups. Excellent workout.

Have a wonderful Weekend!!

Date: May 16, 2009 06:36PM

you make me want to be a fruitarian smiling smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 17, 2009 04:48AM

>Today, my dad (Lord bless him) called me to let me know he took care of all of it.<

Gasp!!! Oh, that is SO, SO wonderful! Not only were you reunited and reconciled with your dad, but he helped you out. God DOES move in mysterious ways. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 19, 2009 03:25PM

Monday, Day 154, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Now that the weather is nicer, i would like to try and exercise outside more. The Creator has given us air and sunshine for our good. So today, my wife and i walked to the park (its alittle more than half a mile from our house). She continued walking a two mile trek while i spent about half an hour doing body weight exercise. i felt alittle weak but it was all good. i also had quite a feast today as i ate two whole durians. They were monthong that had a golden color to them. They were small (about 5lbs each) but they were both very creamy and sweet. i also had some of the most delicious mango i've had yet. i did discover something about myself though, i cannot eat durian with avocado. That kept me off my feet for about two hours today. Didn't sit well in my stomach at all. But after about two hours i was fine again. i am not needing deodorant again, now my wife is sniffing for herself to make sure.....LOL. i had not told her prior to last week so she didn't know. Here are today's meals and activities.

Breakfast:
One Durian, 2 mangos (1154 calories)

Lunch:
Another Durian, one avocado, half a watermelon (1716 calories)

Dinner:
16oz of OJ, 2 mangos (492 calories)

Exercise:
35 chins, 35 pullups, 60 pushups, 60 one leg squats, 4 dips.....30 minutes.

todd

Date: May 22, 2009 02:39AM

Thursday, Day 157, 100% Raw Fruitarian. The days seem to be flying by fast. i have missed a couple of days worth of posts. i have had some detox episodes. Yesterday i awoke with a sore throat and i felt weak. i did work out in the park yesterday morning, but the volume was much less. i also had a sore in my mouth, to me, that confirmed detox. Today i felt alittle better but still not at 100%. i am glad for the detox because i know with each episode my body is ridding itself of toxins it has been holding for many years. i am convinced that, besides a water fast, the all-fruit diet is the most cleansing one i have ever experienced. Here is today's menu:

Breakfast:
2 bananas (prior to going to the park), half a watermelon and 2 mangos upon returning. (1157 calories)

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruity salad with 2 avocados, 2 mangos. (1147 calories).

Dinner:
2 bananas, 16oz of OJ with alittle cantaloupe juice in it also. (503 calories).

Exercise:
Outdoors today. 35 chins, 35 pull-ups, 80 dips, 30 pushups......30 minutes.

Date: May 23, 2009 03:46AM

Friday, Day 158, 100% Raw fruitarian. i had a nagging cough today. But i felt much better than at any time this week. i didn't have quite the appetite i normally would have though. This is reflected in my consumption. i try not to spend too much time analyzing these things, but rather just flow with them. i had a very good workout at the park this morning. i found a bar about eye-level where i was able to do some muscle ups. They are not really muscle ups because the bar was low, so i called them baby muscle ups. i had been attempting them all week with little success. But today i was able to do 7 sets of them. One more step towards my goal of doing regular muscle ups. It was a beautiful day today. i'd say the most beautiful of the year so far. Sunny and bright, no morning chill. Comfortably warm. i am really enjoying exercising in the open air. i am also thanking the Lord for the victory He is giving me over my salt addiction. That has taken alot of prayer. i am not completely convinced that i should do away with it forever. But i will deal with that in mid-December on my one year anniversary. For now, its out of my life. Here are today's meals:

Breakfast:
Half a watermelon, 2 bananas, 2 mangos. (1157 calories)

Lunch:
Zucchini spaghetti, with tomato and avocado. (417 calories)

Dinner:
4 mangos, 2 navel oranges. (675 calories)

Exercise:
300 pushups, 7 sets of baby muscle ups (5-7 per set). 30 minutes.

Have a safe and wonderful weekend! Honor to those who died serving my country, may they rest in Peace.

Date: May 25, 2009 07:28PM

Sunday, Day 160, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Nice day today. i ate well and i got in some decent exercise. i was able to have some durian, which always makes me happy. i didn't blog yesterday, as i was quite busy, but one thing new did happen. i decided to try my hand at some raw almond pate. Prior to this fruitarian foray, almond pate was a regular part of my diet. But i had decided to leave nut foods alone for awhile because i wanted to make sure nothing would clog me up. Also, one of the things that made my pate taste so good to me was the salt (which of course i am not using now). Well, it didn't come out so good. Of course i ate it (wasn't going to waste it), but without the salt there was something missing. i believe i can improve it though, which i will in the future. So today, it was back to my old friend the avocado. i had several at home, but when i went to an asian market to pick up some mangos, i saw some of the best looking haas avos i had seen in a long time. Had to get two of them, ate one of them right there in the store while talking to the owner (very nice man). It was as good as it looked, creamy and buttery delicious. Here are the meals for the day:

Breakfast:
Half a watermelon and two mangos. (947 calories)

snack: Delicious avocado at the asian market.

Lunch:
Non-sweet fruit salad which consisted of 2 large delicious tomatoes, 3 roma tomatoes, 2 english cucumbers and i put a sliver of chopped onion in for flavor (came out very well). i didnt use the avocado today because i had one earlier. After that i ate 2 mangos and had some durian. (774 calories).

Dinner:
16oz of fresh OJ and some more durian. (517 calories).

Exercise:
11am....did 5 sets of 20 pushups with one back leg extended took about 12 minutes.

2 pm....stopped at the park on my way to the asian market. Did 4 sets of 7 chins, 4 sets of 6 dips (went as deep down as possible), 4 sets of 7 baby muscle ups (those wipe me out). Felt great.

6:30pm. Played an hour of full court basketball with my son and some other teenagers. Lot of fun.

Date: May 27, 2009 02:10AM

Tuesday, Day 162, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Very interesting day today. But before i get into that, my apologies for missing some journal days. Truth is i wanted some time away from the computer and since yesterday was Memorial Day, i took some time with my wife and children. It was very nice. The only exercise i got in was about an hour of basketball with my son and some young fellows. Something really funny about when i play basketball. There is the Park and Rec gentleman that supervises the park. Nice guy, about 65 years old. Whenever he sees me coming to play he comes to the court and starts yelling "the old man is going to put a hurtin' on you boys!". He has done it so often that all the young guys now call me "Old man". i actually like it. Its shows the kids accept me. Plus the park and rec guy is right, this old man does put a hurtin' on 'em....LOL. Today, i discovered something interesting. i always knew that vegetables for the most part are much lighter in calories than fruit. Fruit is much denser and has much more natural sugars in it. But i think of tomatoes and cucumber as fruit too. i have been eating these large bowls of mostly chopped tomatoes and cukes. Today i added some almond pate (by the way, came out great this time and no salt), as a change of pace from the avocado. It was totally delicious. i actually at this for breakfast. It was so good, i ate it again for lunch. Thing is, i felt totally satisfied and full, but when i plugged in the calories, it didn't amount to much. i came home and had a fairly monstrous workout and i ate half a watermelon afterwards. So i realized i could basically eat a ton of tomatoes (which, when they are nice, i probably could) and it won't amount to many calories, yet i wouldn't feel deprived. i found that interesting. Here are the details:

Breakfast:
5 tablespoons of almond pate with non-sweet salad. The pate was made of:
1/3 cup of walnuts, 1/3 cup of almonds
cayenne pepper, dill weed, basil, half the juice of half a lemon, curry, 1/3 of a sweet onion, one orange sweet bell pepper, one half a tomato, 2 stalks of celery. It made alot of pate. i also had this for lunch and of course have leftovers for tomorrow.

i didn't measure anything, sorry about that. i just add stuff and taste it. i put all that in the food processor and pulsed it until it was the desired consistency.

The salad had: 2.5 tomatoes, 1.5 large english cucumbers, 1/2 onion. i added basil, curry and cayenne to it then put in the pate.

(565 calories)

Lunch: ditto. (565 calories).

Dinner:
one leftover piece of durian, half a watermelon. (825 calories).

Exercise:
40 minutes......400 pushups, 120 one legged squats each leg.

Grace and peace be multiplied.

Date: May 28, 2009 01:08PM

Wednesday, Day 163, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i sort of went nuts today. More appropriately, i went avocado today. i had three, i felt that third one. Such a piglet. The problem was the second one, it was just so good. i should have been satisfied with that, but instead i wanted to repeat the experience. Bad move; my stomach felt it. i will learn one day. i must admit though, eating one extra avocado is much better to learn from than say, a cheeseburger, a pizza, a load of fried chicken or a bowl of ice cream. i have come a long way, but i cannot spend time looking back. Have to go forward. i ate very well today. Didn't exercise as the day got away from me. But it was very nice in terms of food. Here is what happened:

Breakfast:
Non-sweet fruit salad with chopped onion and almond pate. two bananas. (759 calories)

Lunch:
sucked the juice from 11 valencia oranges (delicious), one mango, one avocado, half a watermelon. (1749 calories).

Dinner:
6 more valencia oranges, two avocados (mistake). (934 calories).

Exercise: none.

todd

Date: May 29, 2009 04:56PM

Thursday, Day 164, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i really perfected the unsalted almond pate. All i really did was tweek it alittle by not putting in the tomato and adding alittle cumin. That did it. It was delicious. Again it was so good that i ate it twice today. i took a picture of the finished non-sweet salad to show how big a meal it is when compared to a regular serving (i don't know how to load it here though). Yet the whole thing including the pate is only about 500 calories.

The Lord is good as not only did i eat well today (including some durian pods), but i had one terrifice workout. What i did was make use of door handles in doing my one-legged squats. i didn't feel i was getting low enough. Prior to now i wasn't able to get any lower. Now i can with some assistance. i hold onto the two handles of a door with one leg perpendicular (straight out in front of me). Then i simply squat with one leg gettng my butt as close to the floor as i can. i am typing this the day after and my quads are still wiped out. i love it! The goal is to develop to the point where i can get that low without the door. It will come and it will not take that long. On this diet my body seems to be adapting quickly to new stress. i was only able to do 42 of them (7 sets of 6 each leg), whereas i normally do between 60-120. But these were much higher quality, which to me is very important. i also did 140 chins, which is a one workout record for me. Here are today's activities:

Breakfast:
Non-sweet fruity salad with almond pate. (517 calories).

Lunch:
Repeat from breakfast. (517 calories).

Dinner:
7 valencia oranges (delicious), box of durian (more delicious). (1003 calories).

Exercise:
40 minutes.....140 chins....42 one legged squats.

Date: May 30, 2009 04:05PM

Friday, Day 165, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Ate well today. It was a beautiful spring day here in southern Virginia. We had been getting alot of rain lately, but we needed it. My quads are sore today from yesterday's squat workout. i only wish i had known about these one leg squats years ago. Better late than never. It is a day of spiritual preparation for me, as i am a Sabbath keeper. This week we are staying home and having company over for home worship. We are planning on picnicking at a state park. i am looking forward to it. i love the restfulness and peace of it. This has been some month, lots of drama and intrigue. But the Lord has brought me through it all. He is better to me than i deserve and i am thankful and feeling extremely blessed and fortunate. Today i had planned on doing some dips at the park and then some isometric chin exercise. i wanted to focus on the part of the chin where my chin goes over the bar. But i forgot my gloves. i don't like the feel of those callouses in my hands, so i just did dips today. Good thing because i didn't realize how sore my muscles were and i realized that dips was about the only thing i could do anyways..LOL. i was able to take my son to the mall and get him and i some new basketball sneakers. i love shopping with my children. It is a sweet joy. Here was today's menu:

Breakfast:
half a watermelon, 3 mangos, 2 valencia oranges. (1200 calories)

Lunch:
almond pate with tomato-cucumber salad. (517 calories).

Dinner:
2 mangos, 7 valencia oranges, one avocado (973 calories).

Exercise: 10 sets of dips......70 total....25 minutes.

Have Wonderful Weekend!

todd

Date: June 01, 2009 07:22PM

Sunday, Day 167, 100% Raw Fruitarian. It was one of those days. i had not intended that it should be so full of activity. But that is how it ended up. i ran myself ragged and at the end of the day, sleep was sweet release. It started when my wife and i decided to go for a four mile walk. We have not done our usual route in quite awhile. i had a few minutes to wait while she was getting ready so i decided to rep out a couple of sets of pushups. i did two sets of 80 for 160 total. That felt great. Then as we were going out, i wanted to stop by the park for a couple of minutes just to do some partial chins and some baby muscle ups. What i mean by "partial chins" is i seek to hold myself with my chin above the bar and keep pumping myself up to stay there. Its all part of my plan to do regular muscle ups. i did three sets of those and three sets of regular chins, then three sets of baby muscle ups. Now that with the pushups was a good workout. Then we proceeded to the 4 mile walk. We walked briskly and did the route in about an hour (alittle less). i came home and ate my non-sweet salad with pate. Then i went out to play basketball. Felt great for about an hour. Then i just sort of crashed. At the end of the second hour i had nothing left at all. Totally wiped. My son took full advantage of that by dusting me off pretty well (i will be back!). i was wondering why i was so wiped but as i look back at the day, it was pretty active. As i reviewed my intake i realize it wasn't enough for the day's activities. But then again, i wasn't very hungry either. Here were today's meals.

Breakfast:
Half a watermelon. (678 calories)

Lunch:
tomato-cucumber salad with pate (517 calories).

Dinner:
Half a watermelon. 7 valencia oranges. (1093 calories).

Exercise:
2 sets of 80 pushups/3 sets of partial chins/3 sets of full chins/3 sets of baby muscle ups.....4 mile walk.......2 hours of basketball.

Date: June 05, 2009 08:20PM

Thursday, Day 171, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i have been feeling run down this week. i believe its another detox. When i have been feeling nauseous and sick to my stomach in the mornings. i caught myself trying to blame something i ate. This is our standard reaction when we feel nauseous as humans, it must be the food. Well, usually it is, especially if you are eating cooked food. But when you are on all fruit, its very rarely the food, if ever. Its usually the body. Most people never recognize the amount of toxins in their system and are quick to blame raw fruit when they feel bloated, nauseous or generally uncomfortable. The fruit is doing what its supposed to do, the negative feeling we get is just our body trying to cleanse itself of what we previously indulged in. We may have forgotten about that bowl of ice cream, that burger, that fried greasy food or whatever we ate 5 years ago, but your body has not. It will remind you faithfully. This is a blessing that few realize, but if embraced will help us. Anyways, whenever i tried to eat something, it feels worse. This has affected my workouts this week as they have been decidedly lighter. As usual, i am just flowing with it. i trust my Heavenly Father who is leading me in the way i should go. Even in this detox, my lighter workouts are much better than previous to going fruitarian and definitely better then they ever were when i ate mostly cooked food. i am weighing in at 177lbs these days. i have not been this light since i was about 25 years old. Overall, i am 15-20lbs lighter than i was in mid-December when i started this journey. i have been have a serious taste for tomatoes this week. Can't get enough of them. i have been buying the highest quality available at the market and i am totally loving them. Today i ate 3 tomato-cucumber salads. Two of them with nut pate and the third with an avocado. This is unusual for me as i always eat more sweet fruit. i finished off the day with 8 valencia oranges (so delicious). Here is how it went down today:

Breakfast:
2 bananas (they are making me sick at this point, its not them, its me). Tomato-cucumber salad with nut pate and papaya and one extra large tomato added. (9131 calories).

Lunch:
Same as breakfast without the bananas. (671 calories).

Dinner:
Tomato-cucumber salad with an avocado, a third large tomato and 8 valencia oranges on the side. (984 calories).

Snack:
box of 8 small, vine-ripened tomatos. (131 calories).

Exercise:
Was only able to go 10 minutes today. ....15 one leg squats (each leg), 33 chins, 80 pushups.

todd

Posted by: wild-aloe ()
Date: June 05, 2009 10:16PM

That must have been a pretty big breakfast salad you had for it to total 9,131 calories winking smiley . Keep at it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 10:17PM by wild-aloe.

Date: June 05, 2009 10:20PM

OOPS!!........THAT SHOULD BE 931 CALORIES........THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT......LOL

Date: June 05, 2009 10:54PM

Friday, Day 172, 100% Raw Fruitarian. It rained all night last night and all day today. Thats good sleeping weather, but for me, it was one of those nights where i got up about 10 times to urinate. Now, i usually get up 3 or 4 times per night, but it was more last night because i ate 8 valencias about an hour before bed. Plus having three cucumber-tomato salads yesterday (they are filled with water) and you have a night of going to the bathroom. Also, i don't think i ever mentioned this before but there has been something strange about my urine for the last month or so. It has been always clear like water, but it has a very strong odor. It was so strong that i thought the cat had urinated in the bathroom. My wife noticed it also and suggested that i drink more pure water. That sounded nice except the fact that i am already going to the bathroom alot so i am not sure if i should do anything different. For now, i am just going to let it go and see what happens. So, i slept later than usual today. As i arose i didn't feel quite as nauseous as i had but it was still there. i adjusted my workout to include only 2 exercises (i had started including three for each workout) and only worked out for 15 minutes. It worked well, as i got a very good sweat and a very high quality workout. i ate a very good amount yesterday, but that was the exception this week rather than the rule. i just have not been feeling real hungry this week. Today was more of what this week was like food-wise.

Breakfast:
2 bananas, half a watermelon, 2 mangos. (1189 calories).

Lunch:
none.

Dinner:
cucumber-tomato salad with nut pate. two-thirds of a box of durian. (1025 calories).

Exercise:
65 chins....30 one leg squats with each leg....15 minutes.
i feel myself getting stronger with the chins for sure. The door handle squats have set me back though as i find them much harder (thats a good thing). i expect to quickly adjust to the load over the next couple of weeks.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!!

todd

Date: June 06, 2009 08:09AM

Have you looked into the bodies circadian rythem? My spelling is probably now correct. Also look into Quantum eating by Tanya zavasta, even though she mainly writes about longetivity she has some real helpful words. I love her books. Eating late at night is not helpful for the digestion it is a better aid to stop eating at dusk for some reason it helps the body rest and rejuvinate. I remember when I first became raw I thought I should drink those eight glasses of water but I had to go to the bathroom so frequently it was frusterateing. I remember camping and having to hike to the toilet four times in the night. Something must be cleaning up inside you with that smelly pee. Interesting you are choseing cucumber isnt it supose to cleanse your urinary tract or something? I'll have to look it up. I love fresh cucumbers but last week I had carrot and cucumber juice and was running to the bathroom all day long.
Your words are encourageing. Keep up the great work.
Love
Pam

Date: June 07, 2009 07:37PM

pampam Wrote:
> Have you looked into the bodies circadian rythem?
> My spelling is probably now correct. Also look
> into Quantum eating by Tanya zavasta, even though
> she mainly writes about longetivity she has some
> real helpful words. I love her books. Eating late
> at night is not helpful for the digestion it is a
> better aid to stop eating at dusk for some reason
> it helps the body rest and rejuvinate. I remember
> when I first became raw I thought I should drink
> those eight glasses of water but I had to go to
> the bathroom so frequently it was frusterateing.
> I remember camping and having to hike to the
> toilet four times in the night. Something must be
> cleaning up inside you with that smelly pee.
> Interesting you are choseing cucumber isnt it
> supose to cleanse your urinary tract or something?
> I'll have to look it up. I love fresh cucumbers
> but last week I had carrot and cucumber juice and
> was running to the bathroom all day long.
> Your words are encourageing. Keep up the great
> work.
> Love
> Pam

Hello Pam,

Thank you very much for your input. i didn't think of the cucumber, but that is a very good possibility. Overall though, i believe is just old fashioned detox and deep cleansing going on. i really don't read much of the stuff the guru's put out because i really just want to trust the process and listen to my body. Although it may been doing much for many people, i think that stuff may confuse me and right now, i need to stay focused. As far as eating and when, i believe i will just naturally come to eat what i need and not eat what i don't. Its a long process and i don't want to mess with the flow. i am glad you find the blog encouraging. That makes me happy. Thanks again.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 08, 2009 04:27AM

Cucumber is often considered to be a natural diuretic (google "cucumbers, diuretic"winking smiley. Ie, it makes ya pee. smiling smiley

Something to consider for evening consumption, but of course, whatevahs!

(Cucumber is one of my favorite foods)

Date: June 08, 2009 10:16PM

suncloud Wrote:
> Cucumber is often considered to be a natural
> diuretic (google "cucumbers, diuretic"winking smiley. Ie, it
> makes ya pee. smiling smiley
>
> Something to consider for evening consumption, but
> of course, whatevahs!
>
> (Cucumber is one of my favorite foods)

Thanks alot suncloud. i do remember reading that about the cucumber. i am sure that has something to do with it. i have always liked them also, but lately i have had a particularly strong craving for them. Must be something in them i need right now. Thanks again.

Date: June 08, 2009 10:16PM

Sunday, Day 174, 100% Raw Fruitarian. This is one of those days that just flew by too fast. i believe this latest manifestation of detox may have passed as besides the multiple urinations i had 4 bowel movements. It was like my body letting go of stuff that it had held awhile. i felt much better than i had recently and had no nauseousness. i spent most of the day mowing my lawn as the mower was not very cooperative. i did 90% of it before i had to stop to prepare for my online bible study. Will to the other part on Monday. Pushing that lawn mower in the hot sun is more of a workout than i want to admit. i ate very well today. Funny thing, i was not into having avocado as i ate my non-sweet salad without it. i didn't have any pate either, but that is because i didn't feel like making it. But the thought of avocado suddenly was not so appetizing to me. Another fruitarian phase i suppose. Here was today's meals:

Breakfast:
11 valencia oranges, 2 mangos. (921 calories).

Lunch:
One whole watermelon (smaller than average). (1017 calories).

Dinner:
Package of mini vine-ripened tomatoes, 8 valencia oranges, 2 mangos. (815 calories)

Later:
Tomato-cucumber salad with no avocado or toppings. (188 calories).

Exercise:
3 hours of pushing a lawn mower.

Date: June 09, 2009 03:40PM

Monday, Day 175, 100% Raw Fruitarian. Good day today in terms of food and the nauseousness was gone. i still had some mowing to finish as the mower gave out yesterday. It worked well today and the yard got done this morning. Then went to work and came home earlier because it was a light day. Ate a good lunch and went out to play some basketball with my son. Because i ate well, had not worked out that morning except for the lawn mowing (which was only about 40 minutes), i felt very energetic as i came to the court. One very brash 18 year old was giving me grief about what he was going to do to me on the court. "Old man, " he said, "you won't even be able to hit a shot today". That was too bad for the kid, because his girlfriend was there and he was made toast. After 3 games, i didn't hear that mouth anymore. His girlfriend was laughing. i had so much energy it was scary. i came away with the very strong impression that if i wasn't eating the way i am eating, this would not be possible. i played for 90 minutes with those boys and was even able to squeeze in 4 sets of chins and 4 sets of dips. What a workout, especially after running like that in 90 degree heat. To be 48 years old and running around with 18 year old kids is alot of fun. At the end of the day i had fun with that kid, i told him "boy i am old enough to be your grandfather and i waxed you, you should be ashamed of yourself!".....everybody was laughing. Today's meals went like this:

Breakfast:
11 valencia oranges, 2 mangos (921 calories)

Lunch:
the pate i made today was my best yet. i guess less is more because all i did was remove the dill weed and it was great. i like dill, but it worked better without it. Ended up eating a second salad because of it.

tomato-cucumber salad with nut pate (twice). (1101 calories).

Dinner:
32 oz of juice made with one delicious cantaloupe and 4 valencia oranges. 2 more oranges on the side. (461 calories).

Exercise:
40 minutes of lawn mowing, 90 minutes of basketball, 4 sets of chins (28 total), 4 sets of dips (32 total).

Date: June 11, 2009 02:01PM

Wednesday, Day 177, 100% Raw Fruitarian. i felt great today. Very fit physically. i ate some lettuce today (yuck). i mean, i have nothing against lettuce, but after all these months, it wasn't very appealing at all. i actually had no choice because our fridge is on the blink and the freezer is working but the regular part is not. We lost 2 heads of lettuce and other things started going bad. My family had some leftover salad (which included lettuce) that had tomato, cucumber and black olives in it. Without the fridge, it also would go to waste. i hate to waste food, especially produce. So i plucked out all the olives (no salt please), and added a fresh tomato. Then topped it with some of my pate and ate it with dinner. It was just "ok" at best. i ate alot of fruit with dinner which was far more satisfying to me at this stage.

i had a very good workout today. After working out for many years i find the more efficient i can make the workout, the better for me. When i lifted weights, i would be at it for over 90 minutes to two hours at a workout. Alot of that was resting between sets. Today, that seems like a crazy waste of time to me. Now i like to keep my workouts under an hour (under 45 minutes mostly). Many times i get an excellent workout in about 20 minutes. If i am doing cardio (like jogging), i usually go a distance that takes me an hour or less. This works well for me in that i avoid injury and overtraining (which has plagued me in the past). Pulling a muscle or over-training your body can set you back weeks or even worse. So far, during this journey, i have had no such problems.

My wife and i were discussing a subject of conversation i had recently with a Baptist youth pastor. He was a very nice and sincere young man. He told me his main mission was to reach the "unchurched". Of course, that meant he wanted to make them "churched". i told the young man, my mission was to LIVE Christ, that others may see it and follow Him. i hope he got the point. i am finding many people who claim Christianity as their faith, placing their trust in their "church". If its Christianity, then the trust should be in Christ and Christ alone. Yesterday i met a nice elderly couple in the course of the day, they pretty much said the same thing about their "church".....sometimes i think people should not call their belief Christianity but "churchianity". To each his own i suppose. Anyways, here is how the days meals went:

Breakfast:
Half a watermelon (678 calories)

Snack:
4 valencia oranges. (237 calories).

Lunch:
tomato-cucumber salad with pate. (584 calories).

Dinner:
3 mangos, 6 valencia oranges, one banana, salad with lettuce and pate. (1376 calories).

Exercise:
25 minutes.....250 pushups.....50 one leg squats each leg.

Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables