Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Monark's Raw Journey
Posted by: Monark ()
Date: April 22, 2007 03:33AM

Today was a good day smiling smiley . The health food store where I work had a big Earth Day celebration with all kinds of vendors there giving away free samples of stuff. I talked to a nutritionist that was there about my raw foodie thing and she was very enthusiastic about it - she was very supportive about what I am eating and was excited that I am feeling much better - much more clear-headed.

OH - also weighed in this morning and I am down another pound smiling smiley . 142.5

There was a lady there giving free 10 minute Reiki sessions - wanted to get in there an introduce myself to her because I am also a Reiki Master/Teacher - but she was always busy so I didn't get a chance to chat with her.

I have my workouts planned for next week - Looking forward to lifting the weights again smiling smiley smiling smiley .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 22, 2007 03:35AM

hey there...yay you for losing a pound....and yay for the earth day fair stuff that is exciting!!! keep up the awesome work!!! and good to get some support and reinforcement when you are doing something that isn't main stream huh???
well good luck with the weight lifting next week!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 22, 2007 04:50AM

You are a reiki master/teacher? I find that so cool! Someone gave me a book about it and it's so fascinating! That person gave me a quite session but it was at work and there were a lot of distractions that neither of us could relax much. So how did you venture into it? I've toyed with the thought of becoming a master. Well happy raw'ing. smiling smiley

Date: April 22, 2007 07:29AM

hey noff that is cool you want to be a master!!! you have to do again without distractions it is great!!!
monark that is awesome i must of missed that or overlooked it haha..sorry!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 23, 2007 12:47AM

Hi noff! I was led to Reiki through a number of studies I was making concerning alternative spiritual practices - Reiki kept popping up in relation to a bunch of them - found a class nearby that was really cheap so I signed up for Level I and Level II - practiced for about 1 1/2 years before I decided to get my Master/Teacher level. I work primarily with animals - I volunteer Reiki at my local humane society. I have a page up with more info if you would like to read it :

[www.helpingthemheal.com]

I know what you mean about distractions ! It can be very challenging to focus when I'm in the middle of a building full of barking dogs, loud music, and people walking all around at the humane society smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Still doing well with the raw thing smiling smiley Really loving it smiling smiley smiling smiley . Can't wait to start lifting again. My energy level is going up and I feel so much more clear-headed - not foggy any more smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 23, 2007 04:28AM

yay for you!!! awesome...it sounds like you are doing so well on raw!! keep up the awesome work..i am very happy for you....this is such a wonderful journey isn't it?? well have a great evening and take care!!! keep on keeping on!
love earthangle
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 23, 2007 06:08AM

wow, healing animals must be such a rewarding experience. I checked out the website and found it very interesting. Ya know the book I just read about reiki starts out with the author describing how he first heard of it. He saw a woman at a park who was healing dogs at a park, the dogs would gather around her and one at a time approach her and she would heal them. It was such a beautiful story, I would love to take the classes but am short on money. I'm sure it's worth taking the classes even if I don't become a master or teacher though..what do you think? Glad to hear your doing well! rawk on baby!

Date: April 23, 2007 06:20AM

hey there that is an amazing site you have i checked it out!!! good work...i didn't know you were in wisconsin...for some reason i thought you were outside the us in cananda...hmm maybe cuz you knew rawrnr....and i just assumed haha...anyways that is awesome....i am soo excited about that reiki healing for animals i wish i would of known more about it today to help the seal i was talking about in my journal...keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 24, 2007 03:30AM

Awwww....thanks you two ! There is a place online where you can get your Reiki I and II for free - it's a yahoo group called Reiki_On . There are tons of files filled with more info there - and specific files that they ask you to read and know in order to receive your Reiki I and II attunements. They send the attunements out once a month - all you have to do is study up on the materials for each level - then when you feel you are ready - sign up in the database there to receive your attunements. There's a message board where you can ask any questions you have, and lots of very nice, helpful people.

[groups.yahoo.com]

I am still a member there, but just don't have time to read or post anymore smiling smiley .

Today was good as far as the raw thing goes - I'm really loving it !! Down another 1/2 pound today !!!!

I missed my cardio, though - had to work late and didn't make it to the gym before it closed. sad smiley

Ah - well - I'll be there in the morning for my weight workout smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 24, 2007 04:30AM

hey there...yay you are doing good!! keep it up....another half pound awesome...i think i need a digital scale cuz i have the needle one haha and i never know if it isn't like a 5 pound loss haha...
well girl thanks for the reiki info i am going to check it out for sure that is awesome!!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 25, 2007 03:33AM

You're Welcome - enjoy the Reiki smiling smiley It's a wonderful thing - and you already have the heart of a healer smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Today was good - the new job is second shift - so I'm getting used to that after working 3rd shift for 3 years. Had to completely rearrange my life in order to get in all the stuff I usually did when working 3rd shift (cleaning, errands, shopping, working out, etc). Put together a new schedule and today was the first day trying to follow it - I got a little bit behind so didn't have time to prepare a nice salad for work - took some spinach dip and pulp crackers, but got hungry way before break time - so I bought some Lara bars (we sell them at the store ) - but I didn't like them too much and they gave me a slight headache. At least they kept me from eating the supreme deluxe sandwich cookies that were sitting out as a sample for customers smiling smiley smiling smiley

Tomorrow will be better as far as sticking to my new schedule - it will take me a while to adjust.

Did get my weight workout in - did upper body today - and I can definitely feel it in my triceps and shoulders smiling smiley smiling smiley

Cardio tomorrow smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 25, 2007 06:17AM

hey there...thank you so much ...so sweet of you to say such nice things about me....i am excited about the reiki i really want to get into it!!!!!

yay for staying raw and doing well...yeah i have only found a flavor to i really like of the lara bars....i like cashew cookie and banana flavored...the rest taste weird...did you try either of those flavors??? hmm well maybe if you didn't you can try them and see how it works out for ya haha...at least you had something at your work though that you can get on hand in case you forget something to eat you know?? that is def plus.....well good job with the weights today~! keep up the good work
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 02:52AM

I think I tried the cashew cookie (only 90% raw, though!) and I think the choc orange, or choc mint. Hmmm... I don't think we carry the choc banana. smiling smiley .

Today when I woke up I had a bright red rash on my arms and face - have never had that happen before ! I got some free testers from the store - body lotions - they are all natural though - but I did put one of them on my arms and face yesterday - they are from Pangea Organics - every ingredient is organic - one is French Camomile with Sweet Orange & Lavendar, one is Egyptian Basil & Mint, and one is Chilean Red Clover with Geranium & Grapefruit.

It was weird, cuz I've never had the kind of reaction to any product before! It went away pretty quickly after I got up and was gone by noon.

I don't remember which one I used - but I think I'm gonna toss them all!

Anyway - my raw day went well smiling smiley smiling smiley . Got my cardio in - weights again tomorrow smiling smiley My weightlifting team is starting a 31-day challenge on May 1- everyone is going to have their own goals - and we are going to all contribute to team goals as well. The challenge has 3 components - amount of weight lifted, amount of weight lost, and fastest time for a 3.1 mile run. I'm not a runner so I'll only be participating in the first 2 parts of the challenge smiling smiley

Hope everyone has a wonderful raw day !! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 26, 2007 03:41AM

Hey monark....yeah the cashew cookie is 100% raw.....there was a spokes person talking at henry's today and she had the lara bars...it was interesting to see how many people thought the jacolot ones are raw too..i think that is what you were refering to with the choc mint or orange ones...the banana one i was mentioning isn't choc banana it is just banana flavored......and it is 100% raw too...the java or jacolot ones aren't raw...they are the choc flavored ones and mint and stuff...they are vegan and soy free but cooked...so you have to be careful they are the same brand....
well good luck on your challlenge hun
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 03:53AM

All is well in raw-land today smiling smiley . Did lower body workout this morning - man, am I tired tonight - whew - musta been a good one ! Finally have a day off tomorrow - yeah !! Sheesh - 3 days ago I bought a chaise lounge so I could get some sun out on my balcony - and it's been raining ever since !! Looks like we're in for rain again tomorrow, too ! Aw, well, it's good for all the plants smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Will be doing my juice feast tomorrow, and cardio. Maybe if it's raining, I won't feel bad about staying inside, and I'll get this huge list of stuff done that all needs doing smiling smiley

Went into the store today and right on the end display in front of the front door was a huge amount of the most luscious watercress I have ever seen - it was virtually glowing ! So I had to get some - 2 bunches - will add most of it to my juice for tomorrow smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Happy raw-ness everyone - and - tomorrow is Arbor Day - get out there and plant a tree !!! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley . Hmmm....wish I could grow my own bananas LOL .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 27, 2007 05:02AM

hey there....awesome day today!!! hmm watercress is amazing for your skin...keeps you young!!! yay.....keep up the good work....
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 06:26AM

yeah, a banana tree would be great, yum. Right now I'm deciding whether to get reiki I and II from a class in person or from the website. It's so tempting to do it online since it's free, but do I feel as though I would be missing out on a major part of reiki in creating a bond with my teacher. What do you think? Sounds like a fun program to be a part of at your gym, have fun sweating away towards your goal! xoxox

Date: April 27, 2007 08:03AM

hey yeah i am with noff do you think it is better to do the reiki in person?? i am so tempted i checked ou the site and really want to do it but i want to get the best benefit from it...would it be better in person??? hmm well either way it is an awesome learning experience and one i want to do soon!!!
tahnks for the info
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 05:06PM

Learning Reiki can be done either in person or from a distance - it just depends on what YOU are most comfortable with. I took my first Reiki classes in person through a local community college cuz the classes were cheap ! smiling smiley As it turned out I really didn't like the teacher - and he provided no way to keep in touch with him after the class was over other than taking more classes with him.

After that I found the Reiki On site and retook my Reiki I and II through them, cuz I found out that my original teacher wasn't even teaching the standard Usui Reiki that everyone starts out with (although he claims he was!). There's tons of support available online. I investigated lots of teachers when I decided to go for my Master/Teacher levels and found one that was focused on animals - she also provides great one-on-one support, and she is online rather than in-person.

Also - you can do both - you can start out with the free Reiki, and use it while you are looking for an in-person teacher that you feel comfortable with. I've had my Reiki I and II attunements done 3 times smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Also - look for Reiki Shares in your area - A Reiki Share is where a bunch of Reiki people get together about once a month or so and practice giving Reiki to each other - and share stories and ideas about Reiki - you can check meetup.com for a Reiki share in your area or just google Reiki for your area. It's a great way to meet other Reiki people and get some feedback on what they are feeling when you do your Reiki. You will probably be able to find some local Reiki teachers there, so you can talk to a number of them before you decide to enroll in their classes.

Ultimately it's up to you to decide what feels best for you.

I'd also be happy to answer any Reiki questions you may have smiling smiley smiling smiley Just PM me if you don't want to post them here in my journal smiling smiley smiling smiley .

OK - I'll be off to the gym shortly for my cardio smiling smiley smiling smiley

Have a great day !!!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 27, 2007 06:09PM

Hey there...well thank you very much for the info i will keep all that in mind...i am sure that i will do the online one..then if the oppurtunity knocks i will do it in person too!!!! yay....i am very excited...thank you....

well have fun at the gym...and of course you will feel great when you leave there that wonderful feeling that you just workedyour butt off smiling smiley
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 07:06PM

Thank you for the reiki info, I'm so hungry for any nformation about it. heehe have a great gym workout, I'll talk to you later. xoxoxox

Date: April 28, 2007 03:27AM

hey there hun...how was your day?? i think i am taking the plunge and just going to go for it online haha...hey noff if you sign up let me know we can do it together sorta haha!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 04:24PM

Hi there ! Have fun with the Reiki - it's the beginning of a truly awesome journey - you will be amazed at where it takes you smiling smiley smiling smiley Enjoy !

Just got home from the gym - shoulders and abs done today smiling smiley Gotta go to work, though - and we have sunshine for the first time all week - ARRRRgggghhh smiling smiley smiling smiley I'll be able to take my dinner break outside, though and get in 1/2 hour of sun smiling smiley smiling smiley

EA I read on another forum here where you mentioned Dr. Graham's 811 plan - I went to his site and ordered the older book - nutrition and physical performance - looking forward to getting it !

My car will be paid off in a few months - want to use part of that extra money I will have each month to get back into horsebackriding - I used to do hunter/jumper stuff when I was a kid - there's a barn 5 miles down the road that teaches hunter/jumper lessons - I want to GO !!! So between that and my weightlifting I will need to be in really good shape - hoping the book will help me get there smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Heeehee - one of my kitties is here - trying to eat my guacamole - so I'm typing, eating, and fending off my kitty - who is right in front of the keyboard - I am peering over his back while I type smiling smiley smiling smiley He loves guacamole smiling smiley

Oh - gosh - gotta run ! Have a great day !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 28, 2007 09:59PM

Horseback riding, love love love it. Have fun! I want to buy that 80/10/10 book as well, let me know if you like it. From what I've heard that's the optimal way of eating. smiling smiley Enjoy the sun

Date: April 29, 2007 12:24AM

Hey there..yay for ordering the book i hope you love it!!! i am sure it will help you get into optimum health for horseback riding. I LOVE HORSEBACK RIDING...it is sooo great...while i am still herei n cali i want to go horseback riding on he beach!!!!!!
thakns for the reiki support!!!
take care and enjoy your sunshine break at work!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 03:52AM

Home from work smiling smiley smiling smiley Noff - I bought his older book - the Nutrition and Physical Performance, but I think it is basically the same idea - the 80/10/10 plan - just more specific for athletic performance - and it only costs $15 instead of $30 for his new book. smiling smiley smiling smiley

Time for bed smiling smiley

ZzZzZzzzzzzz........

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 29, 2007 06:32AM

hey there..how was work?? i hope all is well...let me know how the older book is!!! i am interested in it...
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 30, 2007 12:52AM

Hiya smiling smiley smiling smiley Work was good - very relaxed pace - I am by myself on weekends so I get to do things my own way in my own time smiling smiley Very enjoyable smiling smiley . It was also gorgeous sunny today and warm so went out in the sun for my lunch break smiling smiley .

I'll definitely let you know how the book is EA - can't wait for it to get here - we are starting our May fitness challenge on the 1st - so I'll just do what I'm doing now until the book gets here smiling smiley smiling smiley

If you are interested in dressage at all - take a look at this video - it is incredible - I cried cuz it is just such a beautiful display of unity between horse and rider.

[beboframe.com]

Have a great night !!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 30, 2007 02:20AM

hey there hun..yay for a wonderful beautiful sunny day!!!! keep up the awesome day!! you are doing great..and you got to do things your way haha..i thought that was a random thig last time but yay for all weekends haha...that is such a good thing cuz it is so much less stressful doing things your way withouth others trying to do it theirs as well smiling smiley
keep up the awesome work..and thank you for site it is a wonderful one i took a look it was truly beautiful.......wow i love learning!!!
yay for the book camn't wait till you get it too!!
haha
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 01, 2007 08:54AM

Our 31-Day challenge begins today - we are tracking weight loss, clean eating, cardio, and total amount of weight lifted.

I am starting out at 142 pounds. smiling smiley Can't wait to see the May 31 day results smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables