Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Monark's Raw Journey
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:18PM

Good Morning Monark!

So glad you're doing so well smiling smiley Smiles and smiles to you.

You say you really like the carrot celery juice...I think celery is an excellent thing for you as it is very high in natural sodium and besides that it is such an alkalinizing and nutritious wonderful thing for us to eat. I'd experiment with celery everyday (maybe you do already) because it may help knock out those salty cravings!

Maybe for a day or two, really acCELERYate the natural sodium smiling smiley

Have GREAT day;
Elakti

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 16, 2007 11:12PM

hola chica! happy day to you! Your posts about going to gym motivated me to go and whooooo! I am so pumped up right now and am about to fly off to work where I will probably clean with tremendous enthusiam! haha. Have a great day love.xoxox.

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 17, 2007 03:17AM

Elakti wrote:

"Maybe for a day or two, really acCELERYate the natural sodium smiling smiley "

LOLOLOL - you are so funny !!! Rolling on the floor here smiling smiley Heeee Heeeee smiling smiley smiling smiley

Noff - good for you!!! I love working out - have been on a weightlifting/bodybuilding team for about 7 years - I love being in the gym smiling smiley .

Got some free carrots, celery and red & green peppers today - they were already chopped up on a sample tray for a group that came to the store for a seminar on nutrition - but they didn't eat it !!!! So I got to take the whole thing home with me smiling smiley smiling smiley . I love free raw food smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Just had a huge plate of zucchinagetti - YUMMY - love that stuff smiling smiley smiling smiley . Had a wonderful day - it was sunny and cool - somewhere in the high 50's low 60's - great day !!!

Ok - gotta post my 7-week challenge foods - what the heck did I eat this morning? - dunno - but if I think hard I'll be able to remember that far back LOL LOL LOL smiling smiley

Have a great raw day, everyone !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 17, 2007 03:42AM

Hi there Monark!

Good for you! Sounds like a great day, and you got to take the food that no one wanted and it was perfect for you! I love love red, yellow, orange bell peppers...did you know that green ones are unripe bell peppers?!?

I want to get a spiralizer. I love zucchinagetti too, and it would be so much fun to make it with that gadget.

I always think I will forget my food, too, so I keep a notebook with me and jot down stuff as I eat it.

See ya,

Elakti

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 17, 2007 08:04AM

Hey hun...yay you for having such a wonderful day and some yummy foods!! and you got some free raw foods how exciting!!!!...thanks for the info on reiki.....i just want to heal others and do as much as i can to help them so i get so excited to use my reiki and get the second level haha...i just want to heal everyone who will let me!!! i do reiki on my turtles last night smiling smiley i hope they pulled it down smiling smiley
well hun have a great night!!!! i am going to get some sleep have a long day ahead of me..and was out all night dancing smiling smiley
love ya sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 17, 2007 02:19PM

Woooooo Hoooooo - My weight is heading back down again - 137 this morning - only 2 lbs from my goal weight !!!! I will probably reset my goal to 130 once I get there though - I'm lookin' in the mirror and seeing rolls of fat that I don't want there smiling smiley smiling smiley They won't be gone after 2 more lbs. come off smiling smiley . It's been so many years since my weight has been this low, I didn't know what it would look like once I got to my goal - so now that I can see it - more can come off smiling smiley smiling smiley

Heading to the gym for lower body workout this am - increasing my weights on all my leg stuff - wooo hooo !!!!!

I'm so glad you are enjoying your Reiki EA !! I know your turtles will love it ! Animals just love Reiki smiling smiley smiling smiley Glad to see you went out for some "happy feet" time smiling smiley I should do that smiling smiley smiling smiley

Great idea about tracking the food Elakti smiling smiley smiling smiley I usually plan it all out in advance using something like fitday - I have a nutrition manager program from Keith Kline that I have been using on and off since I started weightlifting - I decided to start using that again instead of using nutridiary - just cuz it's so much easier to customize it the way I want to smiling smiley .

Off to the gym with me !! Have a great raw day everyone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 17, 2007 04:56PM

congratulations on the weight loss!
And working out in the gym!
Good lifestyle!

Keep on keeping on!

Elakti smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2007 08:41AM

Hey hun...yay you are doing wonderful!! and losing again yay ya!!!! keep it up...you probably stopped for a minute cuz you got back into weight lifting again....muscle takes up a much smaller area as the same amount of fat smiling smiley so you are shrinking without the scale telling you....so keep it up huN!!!!
and yes i am loving the reiki haha...and loved dancing last night!!! so fun!!
have a great day!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 18, 2007 06:42PM

Hiya EA - thanks for the suggestion about building muscles - I've been body-building for about 8 years now so I know all about that smiling smiley . I am also very in touch with how my body reacts to different things, and well aware of the rate at which it is possible to put on new muscle - this blip was definitely related to diet.

Today's my day off and it is sunny sunny sunny !!!!!! Currently 63 degrees - gonna head outside and get summa that sun !!!

The new plan I downloaded the other day is in e-book format but needs to be reorganized into a good solid plan that I can follow - the information is just kind of randomly scattered throughout the book - so I'll get it all organized while I'm sunning smiling smiley smiling smiley

Have a wonderfully raw day everyone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 19, 2007 10:40AM

Hey there hun!! well as long as you know what it is and can fix it if needs fixing!! no one knows better then your own mind about yourself!!! good for yoU!!! keep up the amazing progress!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 19, 2007 02:40PM

Wow - yesterday was a good day smiling smiley For the past few weeks I have been totally focused on this raw thing - and have let other things in my life slide (like housework LOL ) - yesterday I was able to start getting caught up on all the things I'm behind on - felt so good to start getting things back in order again smiling smiley smiling smiley

Heading to the gym for shoulders and abs today - the 31-day challenge is going well smiling smiley smiling smiley

Started adding raw oat groats to my plan today - very nutruitious, those little oat buggers are smiling smiley smiling smiley Had soaked oat groats mixed with raisins, pine nuts, and banana for breakfast - it was yummy - bet it would be good with some cinnamon thrown in there smiling smiley whew am I full !!! Will wait about an hour, then head to the gym smiling smiley smiling smiley

My kitty loves raisins, so he got a few of those, too smiling smiley .

Have a great raw day !!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 19, 2007 04:45PM

Hi Monark---yeah, I know what you mean, I've also been saturating myself with rawfood this and rawfood that, online, books, etc. Trying to keep up with housework and gardening! Already have done a lot this morning, and need to go back outside and continue planting ... still have more tomato plants to find homes for, and calendula, and cosmos, and borage, and more. I had planted a zillion seeds several weeks ago.

I already had a smoothie, but it is not satisfying or I have hypoglycemic reaction...need to eat something, like a salad. Sounds good. I got some delicious sun ripened olives...mmmmmm....a little too salty, I need to rinse or soak them. I guess I am craving baby spinach and tomatoes and avocado and olives. Sounds like a salad to me!! or, guacamole wraps with celery. Yeah!

Your kitty is cool, little raisinette avocado kitty kid.

Have a good day!
Elakti smiling smiley

Date: May 19, 2007 09:55PM

Hey darlin...oh i 3rd that needing to organize the house (well my room haha) its a mess has books and a pile of clean clothes folded up saying hang me up please smiling smiley....oh i will get to it but i am soo busy...i thought while i was home showering for tonight i would stop on here really quick and check on everyone so i have less later tonight haha!! cuz i know it will be like 3 in the AM....
well have fun at the gym and keep up your awesome work!! youa re doing fabulous!! so happy for you!!
take care
love sach
xoxoxooxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 20, 2007 03:03AM

Hiya everyone smiling smiley smiling smiley Today was just glorious smiling smiley Sunny and warm and it's my favorite day at work - classical music and I don't have to do any cleaning at the end of the night cuz our cleaning crew comes in first thing tomorrow morning (they are only part-time so 2 nights a week I have to empty trash and run a floor cleaning machine before I go home) . Good news, though, they are talking about adding the cleaning crew full time - so I won't have to do any cleaning at all smiling smiley smiling smiley Yes, indeedy - life gets better every day smiling smiley smiling smiley

Fixed an absolutely awesome salad today - spinach, kale, kimchee, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, dulse, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black olives, kelp, and garlic - oh yum !!!

Think I'm gonna fix me some zucchinagetti then head off to bed smiling smiley smiling smiley

Yes, Elakti - my kitty is cool smiling smiley smiling smiley - he also demands a teaspoon of peanut butter every night and loves mexican food LOLOL .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 20, 2007 05:05AM

Hey what a wonderful day indeed!! glad you had such a glorious day!!!!
enjoy the night and sleep smiling smiley wish i was going to sleep i am just stopping in to say hello while i am waiting for my hot iron to heat up for the movies haah
take care and have a wonderful day tomorrow.
oh your salad sounded amazing!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 20, 2007 03:00PM

Lovely! All sounds good.
I wish the sun would show up in San Diego.

I think I will make some zucchinaghetti soon. I have all the ingredients. Sounds good. Your salad sounds good, but I haven't tried dulse.

Enjoy the sunshine,
Elakti smiling smiley

Date: May 20, 2007 11:13PM

Hey hun..just stopping in to say hello see how your day went and soak up some sunshine through you smiling smiley since it has been gloomy here like Elakti said....but oh well i am making the most of it!!
take care hun and have a wonderful peaceful day!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 12:22AM

Awww... thanks - not feeling too sunny today, though - I have some detox going on - sticking very close to my bathroom, I am smiling smiley smiling smiley

Gonna snuggle up in bed with my 2 kitties and rest - thank God I am off tomorrow smiling smiley smiling smiley

I just want some bananas and rest smiling smiley

Hoping to feel better tomorrow smiling smiley Hugs to all of ya !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 21, 2007 01:34AM

Hope you feel better!!!!

I hope your gourmet kitty doesn't hog all the bananas!

After this session of detox you will feel better than ever, probably. Getting rid of toxins is good, even if it doesn't feel so great. Thank goodness you have a day off, how lucky is that. You---rest! Sleep!

Elakti

Date: May 21, 2007 06:46AM

hey darlin!! yay for detox..i think i went through it all day..i thought i was going to pass out haha..it was bad news..i needed to be by the bathroom ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT haha it is bad times right now...but like Elakti said we are going to feel like a million bucks tomorrow or soon smiling smiley
take care and ahve a wonderful restful peaceful day!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 04:16PM

Hi everyone smiling smiley It'another gorgeous sunny day here today . Feel like all I wanna do is replenish my fluids and electrolytes - having some carrot/celery jucie this morning smiling smiley I think the worst is past now, and I am feeling better - just not 100% yet smiling smiley . I am supposed to do cardio today - but no, gonna just rest and recover smiling smiley . I plan to do a little housework and get some quarters so I can do laundry - then relax outside in the sun for a bit smiling smiley smiling smiley

It was really cool here yesterday so I didn't want to wear my shorts to work - my long pants were all in the laundry - so I grabbed a relatively new pair of pants that I just bought about 6 months ago to wear to work. They were TOO BIG !!! I put on a belt to keep them up and put on a long shirt to cover up the bulge from the excess fabric sticking out smiling smiley smiling smiley . Ya know, when I bought shorts last week and I was able to get into a smaller size - I thought maybe it was just the cut of the shorts - ya know you sometimes have to try on different sizes of the same item cuz they are all cut different and fit differently - so I was thinking that the smaller size may have just been due to the cut of the fabric. BUT...after trying on these pants yesterday - which used to be snug, btw smiling smiley , I can say YES the weight definitely is coming off - the pants-o-meter does not lie LOL LOL .

Have a great raw day everyone smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 21, 2007 06:30PM

whohooo! let's do the "I'm losing weight" dance! doo doo dooodood dooo doo! haha Yeah I know what you mean about getting back to the things in your life that you pushed aside because you raw food. My friends call me more than I call them now and usually start off the conversation with "hey, so where have you been lately?" Glad the 31 day challenge is going well. When's it over? You have any specific goals for it or just to stick it out? I only have til friday to use a gym since I'm not joining one at home to save money. I'll be there everyday til then!
Have a beautiful day monark.

Date: May 21, 2007 07:04PM

hey there...oh how nice it is not sunny here again haha..oh what a pity lol..oh well!! enjoy your beautiful day!!!! and the weight loss!! that is fantastic!!!! i know i tried on a pair of pants i bought that were snug..and never wore them and now they are too big....congrats hun that is awesome!!!
hey noff you will get to enjoy the beautiful weather and walk outside and stuff thena ll summer no??
take care monark you are doing fantastic!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 11:13PM

The best of plans smiling smiley LOL well after I sent the above message - I was so tired that I decided to take a 'nap' - didn't wake up for 4 hours !!!! I still had a watermelon left from last week's melon-buying spree, so ate half of that when I woke up - so good and juicy smiling smiley . I may go eat the other half smiling smiley smiling smiley

All this talk about movies makes me want to see one smiling smiley I got a Blockbuster gift card for X-mas and still have some $$ on it - Blockbuster is right across the street from my bank - so I'm thinking I'll go get some quarters, then a movie - will just kick back - do laundry and enjoy a movie tonight smiling smiley smiling smiley

noff - I think I'll probably feel more like dancing tomorrow LOL LOL Will definitely get that worked in to my schedule though LOL The 31 day challenge is for the month of May - we are tracking weight lost, pounds lifted, time to complete a 3.1 mile run, and ability to stick to our meal plan. I wanted to go 100% raw for the 31 days as an experiment to see how it would work for me.

My biggest goal was to be able to continue my workouts consistently - what was happening before I went raw, was that I would get my butt back in the gym and work out for about a week - then I would feel completely wiped out, exhausted for 8 - 10 days afterward. I've been searching for a way to get my energy back so I could stay consistent in the gym - cuz I love working out and being strong. So far this raw thing is workin'!!! My energy is coming back and I'm not wiped out after a week of workouts smiling smiley smiling smiley My strength is coming back and I'm feeling good smiling smiley smiling smiley

EA - Hoorrayyy for big baggy pants !!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley Feels so good smiling smiley Expect now I have to buy new pants LOL smiling smiley

OK- there's still some sun left - I'm gonna head to the bank and Blockbuster smiling smiley Hugs to all of ya !!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 22, 2007 05:26AM

hey hun...yeah buying new pants is tough haha...oh well lol..i am stuck where my clothes are too big but other things are still too small you know?? my clothes are falling off but some still work haha i don't know lol...it is weird...i don't know what to think...but you did wonderful today and napped good for you!!!
well hun i am going to get going..i gotta shower and sleep tonight smiling smiley
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 23, 2007 03:10PM

Whew - I'm back smiling smiley smiling smiley I have a tendency to disappear from the interenet when I find a good movie LOL ! I rented What the Bleep - it's awesome - I keep watching the rabbit holes smiling smiley smiling smiley If you rent the Quantum View version - it is set up so that you can program how you want to watch it 4 different ways - there is a random number generator in the DVD player, so you can use your intentions to influence which parts of the movie you see - how cool is that LOL . So I have been playing with that since I got the movie LOL.

Anyway - I am feeling much better today - all that's left of the detox symptoms is a runny nose smiling smiley smiling smiley AND...................

I reached my goal weight today - 135 - YEAA !!!!!!!! Doin' the weight loss dance noff !!!! As expected, though, I am going to reset it for 130 - still seeing some fat rolls that I don't want smiling smiley smiling smiley Since I missed a few workouts this week due to detox, I decided to take the rest of the week off and fully recover. My first 5 weeks were focused on mass building - my next 5 weeks will focus on strength building - my workouts are already made up - I take a notebook with me to the gym and record everything.

OK - so I have a bunch of stuff to do - better go do it smiling smiley

Happy Raw Day everyone smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 23, 2007 03:48PM

Oh, the Happy Dance!!! Hooray for you! That's great!

I need to exercise too...you and EA & others are good examples. I think it would really help me immensely for all sorts of good reasons. It would definitely help body out with the detox process...and probably make it easier on me. It would make it more efficient I think. I need to sweat, get the circulation and lymph moving, the heart pumping, etc.....

We'll see....

Keep up the tremendous job you are doing! You ARE doing very well.

Elakti

Date: May 24, 2007 03:21AM

Yes - exercise will definitely help you clear stuff out !! Thanks, gals, for your kind words smiling smiley Ya'll are so sweet !!!

I got a new book today - How Long Do You Choose To Live: A Question of a Lifetime by Peter Raglar - it seems to encompass an entire healthy holistic lifestyle - which includes the raw food diet - it's a hefty 400-pager - so I'll be reading for a bit smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 24, 2007 07:30AM

hey hun..yay congrats on reaching your goal !!! that is fantastic!! glad to hear it..and glad to hear you are recovering and letting your body relax and rest!!!
good for you hun!!
take care of yourself
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 03:52AM

Well, the runny nose turned into a cold - the past 2 nights when I came home from work I had a nasty sinus headache - just took a nice warm bath to open up the sinuses and went to bed . Feeling much better today - didn't eat much, just drank lots of water, had a few bananas, got a smoothie at work, which was just made with frozen fruit and OJ . I had really good energy - just let my body focus on healing instead of digesting smiling smiley smiling smiley No sinus headache today - still a little stuffy, though smiling smiley .

I'm off tomorrow - yea !!!! I'll probably watch What the Bleep again, read my book, then do the ever-present housework .

Been getting warmer here - up into the upper 80's today - then a rain storm tonight . Whew - gonna be cooler tomorrow - partly sunny and 71 smiling smiley smiling smiley Perfect !

Hope everyone has a beautifully raw day !!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables