Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Monark's Raw Journey
Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 01, 2007 09:03AM

Arggghhhhhh - just checked the shipping on my new book - should have been here yesterday but it was mis-shiped to the wrong post office - aaarrrrggghhhh - hopefully will arrive today smiling smiley smiling smiley .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 01, 2007 09:33AM

hey hun...bummer on the book..hopefully it will arrive today!!! good luck..
'yay for the challenge..you are going to be and feel amazing on the 31st. i know it!!
good luck on day one hun
gotta get some sleep haha
love earthangel
xoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 01, 2007 11:05PM

hey
I checked out that horse video, it was so beautiful. I ride western so I'm usually not interested in that kind of competition but towards the end I was speechless. That horse was amazing! SO So cute dancing to lady marmalade! hehe So what book are you expecting? I ordered one by too and it's still not here! smiling smiley

Date: May 02, 2007 04:03AM

hey hun how is the challenge going?? did you get your book haha...so many questions..well i hope you are well and all is going great for yoU!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 04:18AM

Hiya !

Got the book today - had to work late, though, so I haven't had a chance to read it yet - I plan to hop into bed and devour the whole thing - it's more like a booklet - only about 90 pages so I can get through that in no time smiling smiley smiling smiley . Will let you know how it is smiling smiley The book is Dr. Doug Graham's Nutrition and Physical Performance.

Did my upper body workout today - lifted a total of 7065 lbs smiling smiley .

Cardio tomorrow smiling smiley smiling smiley

Hugs to ya all !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 02, 2007 06:43AM

haha you are funny!! lol that's a lot of weight lol...good job smiling smiley...ooh enjoy that book hun!!!! take care and let us know how it goes....i am going to a presentation with bradley saul here in san diego on organic athletic performance and stuff...so that should be good...it is next tuesday so i will be sure to let all of you know how it goes smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 02:43PM

How cool, EA - have fun at the presentation - do share when you come back !!

I had a nice summary of the book written here - then my computer froze up just as I was about to hit the post button -- Ppppppfffffffhhhhhhtttttt !!!!

Time to head to the gym - so I will write more later -

I'm thinking - why not give this a try for the 31 day challenge and see how it goes - then I can decide whether or not I want to continue it !!

Dr. Graham loves bananas (good thing I do, too !!) He feels they are the perfect food !

Anyway - I'm off to the gym for my cardio - will post more soon smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Oh - my company is going to send me to some kind of an all-organic convention for one day next weekend (may 10 - 13) - don't know which day yet - but it should be fun - maybe I can pick up some free organic bananas smiling smiley .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: Ksee ()
Date: May 02, 2007 03:11PM

Congrats on joing the us raw food junkies! LOL

I am closing in a month myself. I will be honest, I am not one for fasting. But good for you! Wish you all the luck and keep us posted on your progress. Where abouts are you? I live in Western NY State.

Ksee ( One of my Irish Setter's)

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 02, 2007 07:58PM

hey hun..how are you doing today?? i hope all is well just stopping by to say hi!! and check on things..
take care and have a fabulous day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 03, 2007 03:41AM

Hi Ksee - glad you dropped in ! I'm in Wisconsin - the DAIRY state - odd place to be a raw foodie LOL smiling smiley The fast is actually a feast - you just drink your calories all day in the form of juices - usually I take in around 1500 - 1600 calories on juice day. It just gives your digestive system a rest for a day.

I may be putting that on hold, though, while I try this new plan of Dr. Graham's .

Put together a quick meal plan based on this program this morning - bought some groceries at work on my dinner break and have successfully gotten through day 1 (I already had what I needed to get me through the first few meals - bananas !!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley )

My ratios are a little off, but close - My calories, according to nutridiary are right on the money - my calcium and iron came out a bit low - but I was already late for work and didn't have time to fuss with it to get better numbers there - but I know what substitutions I need to make to get those numbers where they need to be - just need the time to do it smiling smiley smiling smiley

Very generally, the plan is - eat fruit all day - then for dinner have a huge salad that has the veggies you need to supply your minerals - and add in some nuts and seeds for your fats. I made a salad dressing by blending a mango, sunflower seeds and raw tahini!

You are also supposed to eat some fruit right before you eat the huge salad, too! I just had 2 bananas - now I am eating this huge pile of green goodness smiling smiley . Whew !

Got my cardio in - I am feeling better every day ! According to the book, this is the plan Martina Navratilova is on smiling smiley .

OK - so I will let everyone know how this plan goes - even fewer dishes to wash - Wooooo Hoooo smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 03, 2007 07:03AM

hey hun..yay for starting the plan!!! you go girl!! i wish i could do that plan but with my diabetes and stuff i can't my bs gets out of control!! i envy everyone who gets to do the fruit plan!! good luck you will do great!!! i can't wait to see how you progress!!!
take care and have a fabulous day tomorrow!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 04, 2007 04:58AM

Day 2 on the plan is good smiling smiley . I had a little time to tweak my foods to get them closer to the ideal 80/10/10 numbers - got it to about 82(c)/10(f)/8(p) I think - and it's still a little low in calcium and iron - so I will work on that some more over the next couple of days smiling smiley smiling smiley . Also nutridiary doesn't have nutritional info for alfalfa sprouts, spinach, and hmmm....one other thing on my food list that I can't remember now - so my numbers will look better after I manually enter info for those smiling smiley

Lower body workout today - lifted 18,870 lbs smiling smiley smiling smiley

Whew - just finished my bananas and HUGE salad - now I need to get myself off to bed smiling smiley smiling smiley Tomorrow's my day off ! I've gotta get this apt cleaned up !

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 04, 2007 05:53AM

hey hun...awesome day!!! to get more calcuim...sesame seeds are WONDERFUL!!!! hmm and your iron should be fine with spinach there is a lot of it in raw...but if you eat cooked spinach something is activated in the spinach so that the iron can't be absorbed haha isn't that funny!! raw is the way to go smiling smiley.....
well good work today keep it up!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 04, 2007 06:26PM

Thanks EA - I've been fiddling with nutridiary and finally got my perfect 80/10/10 ratio and all my nutrients where I need them to be smiling smiley smiling smiley . I have to watch how much sesame seed I put in cuz they are also high in fat and put me over the 10% limit. I was able to get my iron in with spinach and watermelon - yummy !!

Got my cardio in this morning - it's my day off so I've got to get cleaning !!! Instead of doing my housework I've been been playing with nutridiary !!! Now that I have that set the way I want it - gotta get the house clean ! It's a gorgeous sunny day, too ! Sooooo tempting to go outside and sun smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Off to the kitchen with me !! and the bathroom, and the laundry room, and...and...and..and... ppphhhhhhffffttttttt !!!! smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 04, 2007 06:33PM

Hey there...good job cleaning up your apt on your day off!! try to do it qucik so you can enjoy the sun too smiling smiley...yay you got your nutrients good!! hmm well if you switch some of your fats i meant haha to sesame seeds to get in some calcium it is good for ya!! i don't eat any fats at all so i can't talk haah i barely get the calcium..i might start throwing in a few every other day to get it...i think it is important...well keep on doing so wonderfuL!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 05, 2007 02:49PM

Alls well here smiling smiley Heading to the gym in just a few for shoulders and abs smiling smiley . My legs aren't nearly as sore this time compared to last week's leg workout - so this means they are improving !!! Yea !!!! And I increased the reps on everything, too ! Will increase reps again next time, and increase weight after that smiling smiley

OK - have to work this weekend - but I don't mind it cuz - it's my time to do my own thing there smiling smiley . Supposed to rain today - but tomorrow's gonna be another gorgeous sunny day !! Yea !!!!

Asked for next Saturday off so I can go to Madison to be with my best friend, who is competing in her very first Tai Chi tournament - having trouble finding someone to work for me - but hoping that will work out.

Off to the gym with me smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 05, 2007 11:17PM

Hey hun..yay you for doing so well in the gym and increasing and improving your weight and performance!! that is awesome news
yay it is the weekend which means store all to your self to do it your way haha that is always nice....

you are soo sweet to ask off for work to go to the tai chi tournament with your best friend..how wonderful!!! you are a great friend she is lucky gal!!!! well good luck and i hope you find someong to work for you...will keep it in my thoughts and send good vibes out your way for someone to be free and willing!!
love earthangel
xoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 01:32AM

Great day today smiling smiley smiling smiley . On Sunday mornings I practice Chi Gung (sp?) with my Tai Chi friend - we go out in the front yard of the apt buidling in the sunshine, take off our shoes and feel the smooth, clean, cool grass between our toes, and do the the Chi Gung thing - very relaxing and grounding smiling smiley smiling smiley . Then went off to work - had a nice relaxing day - not too busy, not too slow - the manager on weekends loves classical music and so do I - so got to listen to BBEEEEE UUUUUUTiful music all day while I worked.

The produce department had tons of extra organic bananas left over at the end of the day - they were too ripe to put back out on the shelf for another day so we got to take them home !! I took 2 bunches and now have them all in the freezer ready for many batches of banana ice cream smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Today is my rest day - no workouts - my weight is down to 139 !! Woooo Hoooo !!!! Only 4 pounds away from my 135 goal smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 07, 2007 01:38AM

hey there..yay for having a relaxing day..yay for getting some yummy bnana's for ice cream..yay for getting to listen to B-e-a-utiful music!!! yay for a lovely wekend for monark!!
take care hun glad you had such an uplifting weekend..and you are getting closer to your goal!! yay you!
keep it up
love earthangel
xoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 08, 2007 03:55AM

Whew - was supposed to have today off - but got called in to work for someone that was in a car accident and couldn't come in today. He's fine, just totalled his car! SOOOOO.....since I worked for him today - he is going to work my Saturday - and I can go with my friend to her Tai Chi tournament ! Yea !!!!!!

It was a gorgeous sunny day - got some sun while I was on my lunch break - then headed over to the gym for cardio after I got off work - just barely got done before they closed - whew !!!

Now I have to wind down so I can sleep ! LOL .

Have a great day, everyone !!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 08, 2007 05:16AM

hey hun...wow glad the guy is okay from work..that was nice to go in on your day off..and yay you now have a way to get to the tournament!! yay that is exciting for ya huh?? glad you got your work out done in just the nick of time!! congrats.....have a wonderful night and beautiful day tomorrow!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 08, 2007 05:29AM

Free bananas!? Oh my, I would have loaded my car up with them! haha enjoy your banana cream. Wow, you are almost to your goal weight!!! ah! haha I'm so happy for ya smiling smiley have fun at the tournament.

Date: May 08, 2007 07:13AM

oh noff you need to find out about sale banans haha....
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 09, 2007 02:09AM

Hi Monark,

I live in Wisconsin and am just starting to implement the 80-10-10 plan too. I love how simple it is. Where are you in WI?

Date: May 09, 2007 04:04AM

hey darlin..how are you doing today?? i hope all is well with you and your life!!! how is the weight training and exercise group going?? how is everything else.....take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 04:13AM

Today was our first really warm day of the season - got up into the low 80's. I like it better in the 50's and 60's - but 80's is ok as long as it is not humid - found out today that I can wear shorts to work - yea !!!!

Had a great upper body workout - lifted 8000 lbs smiling smiley 935 lbs more than the last time I did this workout last week smiling smiley smiling smiley . My cardio is improving, too - I use the elliptical for cardio and am tracking the amount of time it takes me to do 3.1 miles (that is the distance we are using for our May challenge) . I do more than 3.1 one miles when I work out - but calculate how long it took me to get to the 3.1 mile mark after I get done. My time has dropped by 1.11 minutes over last week smiling smiley .

I LOVE BANANAS !!! Heee Heee

erinnat - I emailed you smiling smiley smiling smiley I love the simplicity of the plan, too - I used to have to spend alot of time preparing meals to take to work - now I just throw some bananas and pears in my bag - and off I go smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Have a wonderfully raw day, everyone !!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 09, 2007 04:15AM

Yay there she is...emerging onto her page like a beautiful ....wow you had a great day!! and so upbeat...good for you hun!!!!!! glad you get to wear shorts to work that is awesome..that really helps!!! take care of yourselfand enjoy your evening!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 10, 2007 02:24PM

Hiya Everyone smiling smiley

Yesterday was kind of a low day - didn't feel well when I woke up - wasn't up to doing my cardio - didn't feel like eating much so I pretty much just ate bananas all day, except for that one big chocolate peanut butter cookie I bought !! :O Oh well, at least it was a vegan chocolate peanut butter cookie smiling smiley smiling smiley . Took my gym shorts to work and was gonna try to get my cardio in on the way home - but I was SOOO HOOOTT - that I decided to stop at Walmart on the way home instead and buy shorts that were acceptable to wear to work - (my gym shorts were not smiling smiley smiling smiley ) So I have 2 lovely pair of new shorts - one a size smaller than I have been able to wear in a LONG time smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Feeling much better today - I'll be heading to the gym for lower body workout today.

Oh - I'm down another pound - Yea !!! Down to 138. Happy about that smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Tomorrow's my day off and it's supposed to be sunny and 65 degrees - a perfect day !!!! Yea !!!!

Have a wonderful raw day everyone !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 10, 2007 02:54PM

Oh ICK ! It's the pears !

I was feeling fine until I started eating my pears for breakfast - all of a sudden I started feeling sick and icky again ! I had pears for breakfast yesterday, too - and started feeling sick after eating them - but didn't think it was from the pears.

Oh Yuk. So I'm eating a banana now - hoping that will help settle my stomach. I don't wanna miss another workout - hope I feel better soon !

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 10, 2007 03:07PM

OK - I feel much better after eating a banana - no more pears for breakfast !!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables