Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
sprout diet low in nutrients
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 14, 2014 06:35PM

low in vitamin A, E, fatty acids

plus one would need to eat 12 pounds of sprouts I think for 1200-1500 calories.

is that what you eat, SproutarianMan?

I can't imagine it - seems monotonous and tasteless...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sprout diet low in nutrients
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 14, 2014 07:03PM

There is nothing richer in nutrients than sprouts.
A seed full of nutrients bursting into life, releasing its life energy.
It is fresh.
It is raw.
It is clean.
You take care of it every day with love.
It is your sprout, your food.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2014 07:04PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 14, 2014 07:43PM

"low in vitamin A, E, fatty acids"

1.) Sprouts are actually extremely rich in fatty acids
2.) Sunflower sprouts and sprouted sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E.
3.) Pea shoots, bean sprouts, wheatgrass all contain vitamin A. Many sprouts do in fact.

Where did you hear this? Or did you just make it up considering that statement is wrong in every possible way? Sprouting increases levels of fatty acids and vitamins.

"plus one would need to eat 12 pounds of sprouts I think for 1200-1500 calories."

Sprouted nuts and seeds provide abundant calories, and when you juice sprouts, you can juice pounds of them at a time and get all that nutrition in one glass and it's easily absorbed.

If the Natural Hygiene diet is so great, why did Herbert Shelton die with Parkinson's disease and why did T.C. Fry die of heart failure at age 70 (Two of its most prominent leaders)?

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: February 14, 2014 07:58PM

<<<If the Natural Hygiene diet is so great, why did Herbert Shelton die with Parkinson's disease and why did T.C. Fry die of heart failure at age 70 (Two of its most prominent leaders)?>>>

They did NOT understand the Ripple Effect - DHA and B12, respectively.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: February 14, 2014 09:25PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> low in vitamin A, E, fatty acids

Various sprouts can be low in A,E and fatty acids. The key is to have a variety of sprouts so you get excellent nutrition overall. Sprouts are a very misunderstood food on so many levels.

>
> plus one would need to eat 12 pounds of sprouts I
> think for 1200-1500 calories.

That depends on the type of sprouts. Some sprouts are very low in calories, some are much higher. I can juice a bucket of green sprouts and only get 100 calories. With the high oil content sprouts (two day old sprouts) l need much less. With the high carb sprouts l also need much less (grain sprouts).

> I can't imagine it - seems monotonous and
> tasteless...

I wouldn't say it is tasteless. It is full of taste...very strong tastes. The taste buds do adjust to it.

It's a different type of lifestyle when one becomes a sproutarian. It's about overcoming addiction and not being ruled by food and your taste buds because human taste buds are generally corrupted these days so one must eat using their mind and spiritual guidance. It takes it to the next level where one eats for feul and concentrates on the spiritual.

I prefer my meals to be extremely bland and boring, but it gives great results. All l do is feul up and move on. My sproutarian friend is even worse, he'll have a meal of extremely bland barley sprouts that are like straw lol, but he prefers that and does well. I don't live to eat, l eat to live. It's like the fellow who has lived on wheat sprouts and wheat grass for the last 60 years and various other folk who live on extremely boring diets...we all have come to a realisation that eating plain is really the holy grail of eating, and if you step outside of that you are asking for trouble because food can become like a drug and upset the entire body/mind/soul connection.

The more you pamper to the taste buds, the greater the compromise made imo. No mixing foods togeather for improved taste. No spices. No sweet foods (it's addiction and corrupts), no added oils...no treats for the taste buds. I prefer to do what the animals do our in the fields, eat boring, and usually one food at a time. BUT, l still have various foods at a meal, but l layer them.

When l blend various foods the smell is so strong that people in the room almost vomit. All of my blended foods are dark murky green,dark grey or a murky grey. But these foods taste mild to me because l am used to them. Imo, when l have fruit l feel like l am going down the SAD path of addiction, and it does cause disharmony because it can make one want to pamper the taste buds, and when you pamper the taste buds you lose the full effect of the diet.

This diet isn't hard to do, but it takes discipline at first. You may want to eat something more satisfying when you first start out, but all you do is feul up to satisy hunger and you feel good afterwards. Before long it becomes second nature. Keep it on the straight an narrow. Don't pamper to your taste buds because they are corrupted and the brain of the gut is foolish, so use the brain in the mind that tells you what you are going to eat. Take the emotion out of food and be in control at all times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2014 09:36PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: February 14, 2014 09:32PM

not only that but sprouts :

"Sprouts
Alfalfa
Sunflower
Buckwheat
Wheat grass
Bean sprouts (each type) Over-rated. As high in cellulose, low in energy value, limited in nutrient value, and contain toxic compounds. Those with a taste for them can eat during transition. Not optimal, however, and do not deserve the favorable reputation they enjoy."

life vs lifelessness

Date: February 14, 2014 09:46PM

Thanks for the info. I figured u must be juicing.

fruit is not addictive at all but again keep repeating false statements if u feel a need to. It diminishes your credibility though. There is a long history of this idea that healthy food doesnt taste good. Sad.

Date: February 14, 2014 09:52PM

The healthy foods might not taste good when we first start out because the taste buds are corrupted, but it does taste good when you get used to plain foods.

I've given fruit a good go and it never delivers optimal results. I find it is good for a snack only (a treat that should be strictly viewed as such), but preferably ripe.

Date: February 14, 2014 10:05PM

I love what u call plain foods and my taste buds are not perverted but that does not mean I want to eat them exclusively. The problem with you is you have a problem with fruit and u think that should apply to all. Its quite conceited for someone who claims to be so spiritual. I dont think everyone should do what I do. I do think that there are certain basic guidelines though and everyone could find a workable range of foods that work for them within those basic ideals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2014 10:07PM by fresh.

Date: February 14, 2014 10:12PM

The Hippocrates diet is no more than 15% fruit but I think that's a little too strict, assuming the fruit is ripe and fresh. I'd say that a diet can't get much better than sprouts, green juices (sprouts/grasses), fresh fruit, algaes, sea vegetables, and a little bit of sprouted nuts and seeds.

Date: February 14, 2014 10:42PM

fresh Wrote:
>The problem with you is you
> have a problem with fruit and u think that should
> apply to all.

No store bought fruit will deliver optimal results. Fresh highly nutritious food is the key.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 14, 2014 10:56PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> fresh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >The problem with you is you
> > have a problem with fruit and u think that
> should
> > apply to all.
>
> No store bought fruit will deliver optimal
> results. Fresh highly nutritious food is the key.

What country do you live it? Might be a local problem. That's not true of many areas of the USA.

Date: February 14, 2014 11:32PM

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> -----
> > fresh Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >The problem with you is you
> > > have a problem with fruit and u think that
> > should
> > > apply to all.
> >
> > No store bought fruit will deliver optimal
> > results. Fresh highly nutritious food is the
> key.
>
> What country do you live it? Might be a local
> problem. That's not true of many areas of the USA.

Yes, yes it is. Store-bought fruit has no electrical frequency, is picked unripe (which acidifies the body), and is depleted in nutrients and enzymes by the time you eat it.

Date: February 14, 2014 11:45PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > fresh Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > >The problem with you is you
> > > > have a problem with fruit and u think that
> > > should
> > > > apply to all.
> > >
> > > No store bought fruit will deliver optimal
> > > results. Fresh highly nutritious food is the
> > key.
> >
> > What country do you live it? Might be a local
> > problem. That's not true of many areas of the
> USA.
>
>
> Yes, yes it is. Store-bought fruit has no
> electrical frequency, is picked unripe (which
> acidifies the body), and is depleted in nutrients
> and enzymes by the time you eat it.

A lot of the time but not always. Heirlooms with seeds are the best bet. Discernment can be learned.

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: February 14, 2014 11:58PM

i've never seen a person in more cognative dissonance than The Sproutarian man

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 15, 2014 12:03AM

a decreased desire to eat is sometimes called anorexia. It can have many phisiological causes as well a psychological. I've seen it writen as symptoms in some diseases. It is not something to brag about or call it a benefit of a diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 12:04AM by Panchito.

Date: February 15, 2014 12:07AM

Gotta love all the people on here acting like medical/nutrition experts and like they know what they're talking about because they eat raw foods and visit nutrition websites.

Date: February 15, 2014 12:23AM

Cognitive dissonance and the mind is an illusion because it is based on behaviour of the physical which is not the ever lasting spirit. What is the mind? Where is it situated? What is a thought? Where does a thought come from? We have these ideas of mind and phychology because we are taught this, but how can we talk about such man created concepts when we don't know what it is. Can anyone give me the answer to those four questions above? If you can't then how can mankind push such assumptions??

If anything, l think a `so called' "thought" can be said to be nothing more than a management system to operate in an illusory system that contributes to soul memories and long term spiritual development for lower level beings. I guess it is a partial reality for our situation, but not cosmic truth.

Date: February 15, 2014 12:29AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> I guess, poeple also require a transition. OFten
> times they can't start up the sproutarian diet
> from the get go one day to the next. If they learn
> that just about all fruits and veggies are all bad
> things can seem quite hopeless. They need to know
> the gradations of the dubious foods to make a
> transition until they get there.

First there's got to be a reason to want to go there.

As I've said before I've been sprouting since the 70's. I bury about 2 oz. of sprouts a day in any other dish I can find because, as almost everyone knows, they don't taste good and that's a flavor you want to mask if your taster is working.

In my experience, the better your taster works the worse sprouts taste.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 12:30AM by SueZ.

Date: February 15, 2014 12:32AM

SueZ Wrote:
> THeSt0rm Wrote:
> -----
> > I guess, poeple also require a transition.
> OFten
> > times they can't start up the sproutarian diet
> > from the get go one day to the next. If they
> learn
> > that just about all fruits and veggies are all
> bad
> > things can seem quite hopeless. They need to
> know
> > the gradations of the dubious foods to make a
> > transition until they get there.
>
> First there's got to be a reason to want to go
> there.
>
> As I've said before I've been sprouting since the
> 70's. I bury about 2 oz. of sprouts a day in any
> other dish I can find because, as almost everyone
> knows, they don't taste good and that's a flavor
> you want to mask if your taster is working. In my
> experience, the better your taster works the worse
> sprouts taste.

That doesn't even make sense... "the better your taster the worse sprouts taste". What gives someone any authority over another to tell them what should or shouldn't taste good to them?

Posted by: ramanan ()
Date: February 15, 2014 12:33AM

Folks, I am on this journey for 30 years , I don't have any agenda to influence any one , sproutarian man path is different than others, it's kind of mono diet to realize one's Self, followed by true Sages of India, please refer works of Adhisankara,Thirumoolar, Patanjali etc., we should not be attached to food, slowly we have to understand the influence of food on us and be aware of it , let the observer be observed that the "I" have attachment to sensation of pleasure by eating, it will be hard for you guys to understand since it is a Eastern concept, if you cannot understand the origin of raw food, please read book of MK Gandhi on Brahmacharya , sprout man offer advice free in his site and highlight side effects of vegan diet , we have to Thanks him, as member of vegan community, I think we need to respect Fresh fruit diet is not feasible in third world countries, I can afford fruits mainly due to my affiliate with the institute for rest of the population almost 60% sprouts are a viable option and I understand it has limits in nutrition but addition of cheap fruits (in tropical country) like water melon, lemon, banana, papaya etc., will make it a whole, I like to mention here that I do get significant calories from coconuts (half shell for break fast and half for dinner, I eat only two times a day) and pea nut sprouts , which may not be ideal , but there is a possibility on sprout diet, please think about poor people, many are not intellectual like us.

Date: February 15, 2014 12:44AM

ramanan Wrote:
> Folks, I am on this journey for 30 years , I don't
> have any agenda to influence any one , sproutarian
> man path is different than others, it's kind of
> mono diet to realize one's Self, followed by true
> Sages of India, please refer works of
> Adhisankara,Thirumoolar, Patanjali etc., we should
> not be attached to food, slowly we have to
> understand the influence of food on us and be
> aware of it , let the observer be observed that
> the "I" have attachment to sensation of pleasure
> by eating, it will be hard for you guys to
> understand since it is a Eastern concept, if you
> cannot understand the origin of raw food, please
> read book of MK Gandhi on Brahmacharya , sprout
> man offer advice free in his site and highlight
> side effects of vegan diet , we have to Thanks
> him, as member of vegan community, I think we need
> to respect Fresh fruit diet is not feasible in
> third world countries, I can afford fruits mainly
> due to my affiliate with the institute for rest of
> the population almost 60% sprouts are a viable
> option and I understand it has limits in nutrition
> but addition of cheap fruits (in tropical country)
> like water melon, lemon, banana, papaya etc., will
> make it a whole, I like to mention here that I do
> get significant calories from coconuts (half shell
> for break fast and half for dinner, I eat only two
> times a day) and pea nut sprouts , which may not
> be ideal , but there is a possibility on sprout
> diet, please think about poor people, many are not
> intellectual like us.

Yes, the spiritual is my sole reason for eating a very strict bland diet. I am very much into the old Sage ways.

However, l still live in the real world and realise most people don't want to do this so l create a diet which we can try and make work for them. I am a very flexible person, l am not just black and white in what l suggest people to do. If people want to eat meat and dairy, l don't care...l will try to work a diet which they are happy to work with.

Date: February 15, 2014 01:13AM

THeSt0rm (), Do you say that brain or mind is not allowing to "see greater", if you read works of Dr Maria Montessori, you will understand that every one has numbers of lobes and neurons and synaptic connections which get better electrical conductivity when you provide an ambient environment and makes the wise and un wise difference, so the physical brain may be perfect for most of us, only how clean it up (using diet and service or meditation ) with correct neurotransmitter path ways to look at every one as our own brothers and sisters and forgive our friends /foes will allow the mind of or function of brain to "see greater." or "feel greater."

Date: February 15, 2014 01:13AM

THeSt0rm (), Do you say that brain or mind is not allowing to "see greater", if you read works of Dr Maria Montessori, you will understand that every one has numbers of lobes and neurons and synaptic connections which get better electrical conductivity when you provide an ambient environment and makes the wise and un wise difference, so the physical brain may be perfect for most of us, only how clean it up (using diet and service or meditation ) with correct neurotransmitter path ways to look at every one as our own brothers and sisters and forgive our friends /foes will allow the mind of or function of brain to "see greater." or "feel greater."

Date: February 15, 2014 01:59AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > THeSt0rm Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I guess, poeple also require a transition.
> > OFten
> > > times they can't start up the sproutarian
> diet
> > > from the get go one day to the next. If they
> > learn
> > > that just about all fruits and veggies are
> all
> > bad
> > > things can seem quite hopeless. They need to
> > know
> > > the gradations of the dubious foods to make a
> > > transition until they get there.
> >
> > First there's got to be a reason to want to
> go
> > there.
> >
> > As I've said before I've been sprouting since
> the
> > 70's. I bury about 2 oz. of sprouts a day in
> any
> > other dish I can find because, as almost
> everyone
> > knows, they don't taste good and that's a
> flavor
> > you want to mask if your taster is working. In
> my
> > experience, the better your taster works the
> worse
> > sprouts taste.
>
>
> That doesn't even make sense... "the better your
> taster the worse sprouts taste".

Maybe this will be clearer for you - "taster", as in taste buds in your mouth, on your tongue. I guess it is a term from the olden days that needs clarifying for the very young.

> someone any authority over another to tell them
> what should or shouldn't taste good to them?

If sprouts taste good to you it's fine with me. Might want to get you zinc tested, though.

Date: February 15, 2014 02:02AM

SueZ Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> -----
> > SueZ Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > THeSt0rm Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > I guess, poeple also require a transition.
> > > OFten
> > > > times they can't start up the sproutarian
> > diet
> > > > from the get go one day to the next. If
> they
> > > learn
> > > > that just about all fruits and veggies are
> > all
> > > bad
> > > > things can seem quite hopeless. They need
> to
> > > know
> > > > the gradations of the dubious foods to make
> a
> > > > transition until they get there.
> > >
> > > First there's got to be a reason to want
> to
> > go
> > > there.
> > >
> > > As I've said before I've been sprouting
> since
> > the
> > > 70's. I bury about 2 oz. of sprouts a day in
> > any
> > > other dish I can find because, as almost
> > everyone
> > > knows, they don't taste good and that's a
> > flavor
> > > you want to mask if your taster is working.
> In
> > my
> > > experience, the better your taster works the
> > worse
> > > sprouts taste.
> >
> >
> > That doesn't even make sense... "the better
> your
> > taster the worse sprouts taste".
>
>
> Maybe this will be clearer for you - "taster",
> as in taste buds in your mouth, on your tongue. I
> guess it is a term from the olden days that needs
> clarifying for the very young.
>
>
> > someone any authority over another to tell
> them
> > what should or shouldn't taste good to them?
>
>
> If sprouts taste good to you it's fine with me.
> Might want to get you zinc tested, though.

Literally one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this message board. Why are you trying to act like some authority in nutrition when you have been suffering from significant health problems and cannot even find a diet that suits yourself?

Date: February 15, 2014 02:36AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > jtprindl Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > SueZ Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > THeSt0rm Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > I guess, poeple also require a
> transition.
> > > > OFten
> > > > > times they can't start up the sproutarian
> > > diet
> > > > > from the get go one day to the next. If
> > they
> > > > learn
> > > > > that just about all fruits and veggies
> are
> > > all
> > > > bad
> > > > > things can seem quite hopeless. They need
> > to
> > > > know
> > > > > the gradations of the dubious foods to
> make
> > a
> > > > > transition until they get there.
> > > >
> > > > First there's got to be a reason to want
> > to
> > > go
> > > > there.
> > > >
> > > > As I've said before I've been sprouting
> > since
> > > the
> > > > 70's. I bury about 2 oz. of sprouts a day
> in
> > > any
> > > > other dish I can find because, as almost
> > > everyone
> > > > knows, they don't taste good and that's a
> > > flavor
> > > > you want to mask if your taster is working.
>
> > In
> > > my
> > > > experience, the better your taster works
> the
> > > worse
> > > > sprouts taste.
> > >
> > >
> > > That doesn't even make sense... "the better
> > your
> > > taster the worse sprouts taste".
> >
> >
> > Maybe this will be clearer for you -
> "taster",
> > as in taste buds in your mouth, on your tongue.
> I
> > guess it is a term from the olden days that
> needs
> > clarifying for the very young.
> >
> >
> > > someone any authority over another to tell
> > them
> > > what should or shouldn't taste good to them?
> >
> >
> > If sprouts taste good to you it's fine with
> me.
> > Might want to get you zinc tested, though.
>
>
> Literally one of the dumbest things I have ever
> read on this message board. Why are you trying to
> act like some authority in nutrition when you have
> been suffering from significant health problems
> and cannot even find a diet that suits yourself?

Get serious boy. Have you even sprouted anything besides a bad batch of sesame seeds yet? When you've shown one instance of having any information gained from you own experience, that you haven't swallowed whole from other's experiences, then you can complain fairly about disagreements with other's experiences.

For anyone who's done a lot of sprouting it's pretty obvious that you don't know what you're talking about and are relying on what others have said to you. So far you've only asked questions of how to do things and shared nothing of yourself.

I'm sorry you have nothing to share of your own personal experiences. Maybe once you do have some experiences under your belt you will gain a little respect for those who have experience and so know more than you do about that. Maybe not though. You could have been raised in a barn or something.

Date: February 15, 2014 03:15AM

SueZ Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> -----
> > SueZ Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > jtprindl Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > SueZ Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > THeSt0rm Wrote:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > > -----
> > > > > > I guess, poeple also require a
> > transition.
> > > > > OFten
> > > > > > times they can't start up the
> sproutarian
> > > > diet
> > > > > > from the get go one day to the next. If
> > > they
> > > > > learn
> > > > > > that just about all fruits and veggies
> > are
> > > > all
> > > > > bad
> > > > > > things can seem quite hopeless. They
> need
> > > to
> > > > > know
> > > > > > the gradations of the dubious foods to
> > make
> > > a
> > > > > > transition until they get there.
> > > > >
> > > > > First there's got to be a reason to
> want
> > > to
> > > > go
> > > > > there.
> > > > >
> > > > > As I've said before I've been sprouting
> > > since
> > > > the
> > > > > 70's. I bury about 2 oz. of sprouts a day
> > in
> > > > any
> > > > > other dish I can find because, as almost
> > > > everyone
> > > > > knows, they don't taste good and that's a
> > > > flavor
> > > > > you want to mask if your taster is
> working.
> >
> > > In
> > > > my
> > > > > experience, the better your taster works
> > the
> > > > worse
> > > > > sprouts taste.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That doesn't even make sense... "the better
> > > your
> > > > taster the worse sprouts taste".
> > >
> > >
> > > Maybe this will be clearer for you -
> > "taster",
> > > as in taste buds in your mouth, on your
> tongue.
> > I
> > > guess it is a term from the olden days that
> > needs
> > > clarifying for the very young.
> > >
> > >
> > > > someone any authority over another to tell
> > > them
> > > > what should or shouldn't taste good to
> them?
> > >
> > >
> > > If sprouts taste good to you it's fine
> with
> > me.
> > > Might want to get you zinc tested, though.
> >
> >
> > Literally one of the dumbest things I have ever
> > read on this message board. Why are you trying
> to
> > act like some authority in nutrition when you
> have
> > been suffering from significant health problems
> > and cannot even find a diet that suits
> yourself?
>
>
> Get serious boy. Have you even sprouted
> anything besides a bad batch of sesame seeds yet?
> When you've shown one instance of having any
> information gained from you own experience, that
> you haven't swallowed whole from other's
> experiences, then you can complain fairly about
> disagreements with other's experiences.
>
> For anyone who's done a lot of sprouting it's
> pretty obvious that you don't know what you're
> talking about and are relying on what others have
> said to you. So far you've only asked questions
> of how to do things and shared nothing of
> yourself.
>
> I'm sorry you have nothing to share of your
> own personal experiences. Maybe once you do have
> some experiences under your belt you will gain a
> little respect for those who have experience and
> so know more than you do about that. Maybe not
> though. You could have been raised in a barn or
> something.

So you make one of the dumbest and most ludicrous comments ever made on this board, backed up by nothing, and then act like you know what I've experienced? And yes, I've grown quite a few batches of wheatgrass, sunflower greens, and broccoli sprouts. Where do you get off saying that if someone enjoys the tastes of sprouts they have a nutritional deficiency or something wrong with them... because YOU don't enjoy the taste of them? Comical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 03:16AM by jtprindl.

Date: February 15, 2014 03:26AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > jtprindl Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > SueZ Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > jtprindl Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > SueZ Wrote:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > > -----
> > > > > > THeSt0rm Wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > -----
> > > > > > > I guess, poeple also require a
> > > transition.
> > > > > > OFten
> > > > > > > times they can't start up the
> > sproutarian
> > > > > diet
> > > > > > > from the get go one day to the next.
> If
> > > > they
> > > > > > learn
> > > > > > > that just about all fruits and
> veggies
> > > are
> > > > > all
> > > > > > bad
> > > > > > > things can seem quite hopeless. They
> > need
> > > > to
> > > > > > know
> > > > > > > the gradations of the dubious foods
> to
> > > make
> > > > a
> > > > > > > transition until they get there.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > First there's got to be a reason to
> > want
> > > > to
> > > > > go
> > > > > > there.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > As I've said before I've been
> sprouting
> > > > since
> > > > > the
> > > > > > 70's. I bury about 2 oz. of sprouts a
> day
> > > in
> > > > > any
> > > > > > other dish I can find because, as
> almost
> > > > > everyone
> > > > > > knows, they don't taste good and that's
> a
> > > > > flavor
> > > > > > you want to mask if your taster is
> > working.
> > >
> > > > In
> > > > > my
> > > > > > experience, the better your taster
> works
> > > the
> > > > > worse
> > > > > > sprouts taste.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > That doesn't even make sense... "the
> better
> > > > your
> > > > > taster the worse sprouts taste".
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Maybe this will be clearer for you -
> > > "taster",
> > > > as in taste buds in your mouth, on your
> > tongue.
> > > I
> > > > guess it is a term from the olden days that
> > > needs
> > > > clarifying for the very young.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > someone any authority over another to
> tell
> > > > them
> > > > > what should or shouldn't taste good to
> > them?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > If sprouts taste good to you it's fine
> > with
> > > me.
> > > > Might want to get you zinc tested, though.
> > >
> > >
> > > Literally one of the dumbest things I have
> ever
> > > read on this message board. Why are you
> trying
> > to
> > > act like some authority in nutrition when you
> > have
> > > been suffering from significant health
> problems
> > > and cannot even find a diet that suits
> > yourself?
> >
> >
> > Get serious boy. Have you even sprouted
> > anything besides a bad batch of sesame seeds
> yet?
> > When you've shown one instance of having any
> > information gained from you own experience,
> that
> > you haven't swallowed whole from other's
> > experiences, then you can complain fairly about
> > disagreements with other's experiences.
> >
> > For anyone who's done a lot of sprouting
> it's
> > pretty obvious that you don't know what you're
> > talking about and are relying on what others
> have
> > said to you. So far you've only asked
> questions
> > of how to do things and shared nothing of
> > yourself.
> >
> > I'm sorry you have nothing to share of your
> > own personal experiences. Maybe once you do
> have
> > some experiences under your belt you will gain
> a
> > little respect for those who have experience
> and
> > so know more than you do about that. Maybe not
> > though. You could have been raised in a barn or
> > something.
>
>
> So you make one of the dumbest and most ludicrous
> comments ever made on this board, backed up by
> nothing, and then act like you know what I've
> experienced? And yes, I've grown quite a few
> batches of wheatgrass, sunflower greens, and
> broccoli sprouts. Where do you get off saying that
> if someone enjoys the tastes of sprouts they have
> a nutritional deficiency or something wrong with
> them... because YOU don't enjoy the taste of them?
> Comical.

Are you the first person who is saying they enjoyed the taste of sprouts? No you can't even share such a simple experience as how you though they tasted. You just take, take, take, and make ignorant juvenile snide comments. You must like your fake cat bird seat. Go ahead stay up their and reign supreme. In your mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 03:30AM by SueZ.

Date: February 15, 2014 04:10AM

"Are you the first person who is saying they enjoyed the taste of sprouts?"

What are even you talking about?...

Try and stay on topic... Where do you get off saying that if someone enjoys the tastes of sprouts they have a nutritional deficiency or something wrong with them... because YOU don't enjoy the taste of them?

And yes, sunflower greens taste good juiced and whole. Juice is a lot stronger but no problems with it. Wheatgrass juice tastes good. Broccoli sprouts taste good.

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables