Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: High-fruit low-fat research trial!!!
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: March 23, 2007 02:29AM

today 22 March

2 grapefruits
jumbo papaya
sunflower seeds
few raisins

feeling good tonight
sweet dreams

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: uma ()
Date: March 23, 2007 03:42AM

Yes, it's oo-mah! Gosia it's funny to read of you eating so much watermelon! Well I guess you do live across the world. It will be a few months before we start getting good imported ones here and a few more months before the local ones are really abundant!

My tastes and food obsessions change with what's in season as well. It's fun that way. If you always love what's available then you are always getting what you want! tongue sticking out smiley [i should listen to my own words more, heh]

Love,
Uma

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 23, 2007 03:44PM

March 21

noon: 12 honey tangerines, 2 bananas
7pm: 5 lb watermelon, .5 lb dried mangos, 2 pints cherry tomatoes, 1 pint sweet peppers, 2 romaine hearts

March 22

I am in the San Francisco Bay Area, so I am travelling and eating out at times.

noon: 4 honey tangerines, 6 bananas, 1 romaine heart, 0.5 lb dried mangos, water.
dinner: (at Cafe Soulstice in San Mateo) banana-strawberry smoothie, Thai salad (mandoline zuccini, carrots, thai herbs, creamy dressing with some kind of fat), Mock Salmon pate on romaine with flax crackers. Tonight was not low fat. The mock salmon was pretty light. But the flax crackers are mostly fat.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: March 24, 2007 12:33AM

hey gosia- do you say your name "go- see ya"

bryan- is berkeley on your itenerary? are you sharing the yoga?

today i had:

2 bananas, 2 pieces dried pineapple, handful raw almonds

5 fuji apples

7 blood oranges

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: March 24, 2007 12:47AM

1:00: 10 bananas, 8 ribs celery
4:30: 2 small gala apples, 1 large cucumber
6:00: 8 small mangos
6:30: 1 head romaine with about 15 macs

Date: March 24, 2007 01:03AM

gosia,

that was meant to be funny
the : ) smiley face didn't come out
and of all times, i don't see the "edit my message" button

anyway i hope you didn't find my silliness
at all offensive

fruitgirl

ha! suddenly the "edit this post" appeared

gosia, i've been wanting to thank you for this thread
it is an exciting community experiment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2007 01:18AM by fruitgirl.

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: March 24, 2007 01:06AM

Can I play too? I'm kinda new here but have been lurking for awhile and finally registered today so I could join you guys on this thread. smiling smiley

My name is Sarah and I've been on 80/10/10 for over 2 months and feel amazing! I did include my 811 blog w/ pics in my signature if anyone cares to read. Currently I'm trying to do a banana mono meal for lunch every day and am enjoying it so far. I'm also not doing overt fats for right now.

Breakfast: None
Lunch: 7 large bananas
Dinner: 4 Marrs oranges, 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, 1 romaine heart, 2/3rds large cucumber, 10 oz cherub grape tomatoes and 1 dry pint sugar plum grape tomatoes.

Yum!

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2007 01:08AM by Sparkler.

Posted by: macfly ()
Date: March 24, 2007 01:58AM

March 23

12:30pm - 8 navel oranges
3:30pm - 2 lbs. grapes
7pm - 4 mangoes, 2 tomatoes, 1 red bell pepper, 1 cucumber, 1 head romaine

Date: March 24, 2007 02:03AM

March 23

noon: 1 grapefruit, 3 navel oranges, 4 bananas, 0.25 lb deglet noors, 1 romaine heart
6pm: 2 mangos, 1 banana, 0.25 lb deglet noors, 1 romaine heart.

I had very little detox from the raw gourmet stuff I ate last night. Tomorrow night I might be going to Alive! restaurant in San Francisco, and I will probably indulge a bit more (also, I don't think they serve fruit smoothies).

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: March 24, 2007 03:54AM

80 10 10 is fun....i love it

8:30 3 bananas wraped in romaine

11:30 1 canteloupe

2:30 3 bananas

6:30 15 med dates 1 cucumber

Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: March 24, 2007 05:41PM

March 23

grape head of green lettuce smoothie

10 small oranges
2 large pink grapefruit
15 barhi dates

2 large tomatos, head romaine lettuce, 2 celery, bell pepper, 8 aspargus

March 24

grape, head of green lettuce smoothie

7 bananas
2 large red delicious apples

4 tomatos, head leaf lettuce, 4 celery, 6 asparagus

Posted by: kategreen ()
Date: March 24, 2007 07:55PM

Hey- So, I am new to all of this stuff. I have been reading your posts and have a couple of questions:
So, in all of my raw food research, this high fruit diet intrigues me the most because I have always loved and gorged on fruit, but have been told that eating too much of it is not healthy because fruit is high in sugar. One of the main reasons that I am researching this is that over the last year I have tried to make lifestyle changes to eat healthier (I used to live off of cheese and crackers for days at a time) and also to lose weight. How does one structure this diet in order for weight loss to be the ultimate goal? What are the benefits of hi fruit versus hi-vegetable?
2) Most of my life, even when eating a high meat diet, I have been anemic. How does one structure this diet to help with that?
3) Are their any health risks associated/thibgs to be avoided. For example, I bought some kidney beans to sprout and found through research that they are poisonous raw.
Thanks in advance and thanks to anyone on this listserve who responded to my other thread (I see some familiar faces :-)~ Kate

Date: March 24, 2007 09:19PM

to busy yesterday to write down my meals -
Also yesterday, I found some chermoyas in a grocery store, in a nearby town. Very pricey but SO delicious !!!! I wish I could eat some everyday.
So March 23 ( not sure I can remember everything) : 1 cherimyoa, apple, figs, salad, half avocado, some mushroom, tomatos, cucumber, raisins, almonds

I'd like to know how to choose correctly ripe dragon fruit (pitahaya). Can someone tell me ?
thank you !
blessings,
Cynthia

Date: March 24, 2007 10:50PM

kategreen,

When you do an analysis of a high vegetable raw diet, you find that most of the calories on this diet are coming from fat, since starches aren't so edible in their raw state and there is not much simple carbohydrates in vegetables.

When people tell you that high fruit is not healthy because of the sugar content of fruit, are the people who told you this speaking from their personal experience of eating a high fruit diet, or are they just telling you their opinion? I've been on a 100% raw diet with high fruit for over 5 years, and my experience is that this diet creates a lot of health.

Eating a diet high in raw fruits and vegetables should help with anemia as you are providing your body with higher quality nutrients, everything from the amino acids to the vitamins and mineral than you would get a cooked diet that includes meat. In fact, the process of cooking denatures the amino acids such that they build inferior blood cells that are less capable of transporting oxygen than when raw proteins are used.

In general, if you stick to fruits and vegetables that are normally used raw in salads, you won't run into problems. Legumes in general are not so edible raw except for peas and perhaps some sprouts. Soy is inedible raw. Grains are typically avoided unless sprouted. The best indicator is taste. If a food taste good to you without using salt, spices, or condiments, it is going to be healthy for you.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 24, 2007 11:41PM

Ha ha, hilarious, fruitgirl, you are so clever! smiling smiley)) Just for you, I recorded a little mp3 file on how to say my name, here: [www.rawgosia.com]

I have been busy recently, got too many deadlines to meet at my work! Hence, silence on my part.

Day 9 (23 March):
Watermelon, black Muscatel grapes, bananas, lettuce wraps with sprouts and avocado, dates.

Fat intake: overt fats - 1/3 avocado.

In the past I could not even attempt eating dates. Seemed like way to sweet for me. Now, I love them!

Day 10 (24 March):
Watermelon, watermelon, watermelon mania, strawberries (1kg), a few raspberries picked from our garden, watermelon mania again.

Fat intake: no vert fats today.

Observations (warning - very honest about the bodily functions): I observe more detox. Fantaaastic! I would be dissapointed if I didn't. Although I've been experimenting with raw for about 3 and 1/2 years, I have not fully detoxed yet from 40 years of cooked. The evidence of that is, for example, a little bit of excess fat still on my body. That fat stores the toxing that I had ingested sometime in my life. Also, the fact that I have had some cooked fod relapses would slow down the detox. Before raw, I suffered from frequent yeast infections. After going raw, the first years was still a bit hard, but later on, no more problems. Today, I got my period, and it seems that whatever my body is getting rid off through my period, is making me uncomfortable and slightly itchy. In the past, before raw, this would end up in me taking some medications to ease the problem. But today, all I am going to do is to allow the detox to take its course. I feel suddenly like having lots of watermelon, which makes sense to me. Furthermore, my face is slightly swollen on the right, which has something to do with one of my teeth, which has been giving me some grief on those times when I relapsed.

PS One of the reasons I started this trial was I got bored with all mindless theoretical dsicussions, and wanted to see and record the hard core evidence first-hand.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2007 11:47PM by rawgosia.

Date: March 25, 2007 12:55AM

HELLO (not goodbye) Go shee ya! (am i closer yet? winking smiley )

i am sooo happy to hear your voice and
especially a very personal message to me.

AND majorly impressed with your computer skills!!!

Dziekuje!!! Dziekuje!!! Dziekuje!!!

ha! do you know the english version of your name?
i think it is margaret. is that right????

xo, fruitgirl

Date: March 25, 2007 01:16AM

Naaah, it's not "go shee ya" he he, I think the trouble is that little kids develop capacity to say certain sounds in the language they learn, and after that it's really hard. For example, I have a big problem with "u" and "oo". I used to say my husband's name "look" instead of "Luke". I am a bit better with this now. Also, I tend to confuse the sound "a" (in "as"winking smiley with "u" (in "luck"winking smiley. So, during the labs, I would tell my students, when saving a file, to "save us" instead of "save as" ha ha. I am philosophical about this. Source of lots of fun though.

Ahh, you do know some Polish!

To me, Margaret sounds a bit harsh, like Margaret Thatcher, and I do not like this associaton. But you are right, Margaret is English version of Malgorzata (Gosia is a short version of it). But I refuse to be called that!

By the way, I used to have a wicked fun, before I got married to Luke, when during some formalities (enrollments etc), I was asked about my name. I would say my full name, first name (Malgorzata), second name (Marzena), followed by my hypenathed family name (Przebinda-Zawalska), all in Polish. And then I would wait for a reaction. Ha ha, you can imagine. I still do that, with my first name. I say it (Malgorzata), people try to change it to Margaret, I refuse to accept it and repeat MY name. Sometimes people get it right, and I am impressed.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: uma ()
Date: March 25, 2007 01:43AM

Gosia that was so totally wonderful to hear your voice. I enjoyed it immensley. It's funny, I never picked up through your writing that you have an accent. I LOVE it! Did you grow up in Poland?

Love,
Uma

Date: March 25, 2007 01:51AM

Thanks Uma. Glad you like it, cause it means you can understand it ha ha (this could be a problem). Yes, I grew up in Poland, migrated to Greece in my late 20s, then to Australia in my early 30s. I speek English with an Ozi accent, flavoured by Polish accent. I am guessing you are somewhere in USA?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: March 25, 2007 02:17AM

decided to graze today, eating whenever I felt like for any reason. doesn't really work for me. think i was responding more to appetite and cravings than need

2:00: 1 bunch dandelion, 1 cucumber, 2 green apples: juiced
3:30: 2 lbs black grapes, 6 bananas, a few celery ribs
4:30: 6 bananas, a few celery ribs
6:00: 1 head romaine, 3 large tomatoes
7:30: 5 small valencia oranges, 2 large tomatoes
9:00: 5 bananas, 1 celery rib

Date: March 25, 2007 02:19PM

Sat, March 24:

Food
Lunch: 10 bananas
Dinner: 3 humongous grapefruit, 2 romaine hearts, 1 large cucumber and 10 oz sugar plum grape tomatoes.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Gosia, I love your site! I refer to it often.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2007 02:23PM by Sparkler.

Date: March 25, 2007 04:24PM

saturday 25 -

lunching out : a plate of raw things - grapes, cauliflower, brocoli, celeri, bell pepper, cucumber

diner : 1/2 avocado with 4 cherry tomatos, lettuce and 1 mushroom, 2 mangos, 2 bananas, dates

Posted by: zapple ()
Date: March 25, 2007 08:55PM

Gosia,

I've been try, try, TRYIN! to get my mom into the raw food action.. I made her the carrot cake recipe from your webbie. She loooved it. I think I got her winking smiley Thanks a bunch! Now.. if she could only stop mentioning how badly she wants pepperoni pizza..

11am: 3 tangelos
1pm: 1 gala apple
snack: cucumber slices
3pm: carrot, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, wee bit o' avo = sushi amazingness
evening: juiced green lemonade (yum) - lemon, apples, kale, celery and fresh ginger

Date: March 25, 2007 11:31PM

Day 11 (25 March):
Watermelon, black Muscatel grapes, mixed baby greens salad with strawberry and tahini dressing (very very yummy), peas, watermelon, plums.

Fat intake: overt fats - 1 tablespoon of tahini

Observations (warning - very honest about the bodily functions): Sinking bms again, I am clearly cleansing some old stuff. (Usually, me eating so much juicy fruit means that I have very healthy bms.) The detox through my period causing still some discomfort.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Hi Sarah, fantastic transformation photos on your blog. Congratulations!

Zapple, you could try making raw pizza, for the baze blend half buckwheat, half flaxseeds, you could make tomato sauce from sundried tomatoes and water, spread from cashews (or some other nuts) and water, plus cut up tomatoes, red bell pepper, greens, or some other easy to eat stuff. Sometimes I make lasagne based on raw guru's lasagne, but with less fat. Zuccini pasta is great too. I've got some new recipes and photos, but no time to put them up! sad smiley Nevertheless, the idea is easy: zuccini pasta on a bed of baby greens, topped up with tomato sauce (tomatoes blended not for too long or they will tun into soup), plus some thinly cut vegies, srtawberries, drizzled with tahini - yummo! But the best recipes are fruit recipes. Smoothies, icecream, fruit salad mmmm.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: HitokirianBlade ()
Date: March 26, 2007 12:39AM

Hello ... I know it's a lil late but I hope I can still Jump in!

Morning(6:30Am) 1 whole Cantolope

Mid Morning(9:30Am) 1 White Grapefruit

Lunch(12:45) Big ol' Salad ... All my dark leafy greens and toped with some Braggs!MMMM

Afternoon(5:00) 1 Fuji Apple

Dinner(7:30)1 White Grapefruit & (In a lil while)Tomatoes drizzeled with some Olive Oil.

The only problem is that I'm Losing too much weight!! Any suggestions? I think im eating Ok

Date: March 26, 2007 12:44AM

12:00: a few gulps water then 2 small kale bunches, 1/2 dandelion bunch, 1 cucumber, 2 green apples: juiced

3:00: 16 honey tangerines

6:00: 9 bananas, most of 1 head green leaf lettuce, 1 tomato

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 26, 2007 01:13AM

11am grapes
3pm smoothie with banana date, jalapeno,passionfruit and lemon juice
9 pm watermelon juice

ALOT OF REPRESSED EMOTIONS come up, alot of what ME tries to hide from. i am one with it now, the poison is the cure, emotionally.

Date: March 26, 2007 02:44AM

Its good to be back home again. San Francisco is a fun city, but it can be intense.

Satuday morning (March 24) I was at the San Francisco farmers market at 8am to buy dates for myself and my friends back home. I bought 74 pounds of dates, all deglet noors. I was there at 8am, though I wasn't hungry I ate the following:

8am: 8 dates

I met some friends in the Castro for brunch at non-raw restaurant called Luna. Here I ate:

10am: tasteless orange juice, tasteless fruit salad

So when I got back to where I was staying, I had:

noon: 2 pomelos from the farmer's market.

For dinner I went to Alive! restaurant. In my opinion, this is the best raw vegan restaurant in San Francisco and the San Francisco bay area. I didn't bother to try to be low fat, and I have no idea of how much fat I ate. But here it was:

6pm: Rice/Almond Milk Horchata, Raw Butternut Squash Bisque, raw sushi, mediterranean salad, banana cacao tart.

My friend I was with had also had the Tatsoi Vegetables with Spicy Red Plum Sauce, which was delicious. I talked with the owner Leland Jung for some time, and he told me that the plum sauce was made from dehydrated organic plums bought at the SF Farmer's market. If you ever visit San Francisco, it would be worth your while to check out this restaurant.

Date: March 26, 2007 02:58AM

Food:
Lunch: 8 bananas
Dinner: Salad - 2 romaine hearts, 20 oz grape tomatoes, 1 cucumber.

Didn't eat nearly enough fruit today, but was very busy in the evening and chose between a salad or fruit so I wouldn't be eating until late at night. Should probably have chosen fruit but I really wanted my salad...

Gosia, thanks! My transformation isn't quite done yet, I hope. smiling smiley

Bryan, SEVENTY-FOUR pounds of dates? Wow!

Hitokirianblade, it doesn't sound like you're eating enough sweet fruit. smiling smiley Just a guess at the weight loss thing. Have you tried plugging in your calories at nutridiary.com?

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: March 26, 2007 03:07AM

I woke up this morning with a hangover. It must have been that cacao tarte I ate last night. Ouch!

Here is todays food: (March 25)

11am: 2 glasses of fresh squeezed orange juice, very tasty. 1 papaya

On the 4 hour drive home, I ate in the car: 1.5 pounds apples, 0.25 pounds deglets, 3 bartlett pears.

7pm: 1.5 pound cherimoya, 6 large bananas, 2 romaine hearts

While I was gone, some elves left me the following in my apartment: 1 case of honey tangerines, 1 case of bananas, 1 case of cherimoya, 2 cases of ataulfo mangos. Plus, I brought myself 2 cases of deglet noors from San Francisco. I can't wait to get started on this food!

Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables