Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 13, 2007 11:46AM

ooh i am in on the ph as well!! i have plenty of strips and tape!! i will do that as wel!! and yes i figure since i have been doing 100% for a while i would post early ahah..smiling smiley thanks i am a mommie to two beautiful babies...(turtles of course :O) )but i celebrate smiling smiley just odn't get cards or anything but lots of love from them when i walk by their aquarium smiling smiley
have a great mommies day everyone!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 13, 2007 07:02PM

Hm. That's interesting. I've never checked my ph before. Maybe I'll get some strips and see what's up with it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2007 08:22PM

I think I'll start my official 100% all raw with you folks tomorrow. I've been going for 100%, but it will be nice to have the support here.

I won't have access to the internet much more than once a week at the farm I'll be working on near Seattle, but I'll keep a food journal, and post how things are going / check up on how YOU all are when I get the chance.

Good luck to all of us ! smiling smiley

Posted by: Fiorelino ()
Date: May 13, 2007 09:08PM

I will join you, I will not die in just 7 weeks, haha

Date: May 13, 2007 11:55PM

haha yay welcome guys!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 14, 2007 02:38AM

sach, thanks for joining me in posting food yesterday! lol, i was a little overzealous! i just feel so great and am loving raw so much smiling smiley

khale, that's awesome that you're planning on checking your pH. i may pick up a pH kit too near the end of our 7 weeks just to see what mine is.

oh, and happy mother's day to any moms we have in the challenge!

my day was quite lovely...i went to the farmer's market so i'm set for the week with tons of fresh produce and sprouts. i love meeting the people who grew my food and talking with them. then i can put a face to the tomato or avocado or mango i'm eating- it just makes me kind of smile.

here's what i ate:
-banana and chocolate coconut lara bar (yeah i'm trying to cut down on these, but i woke up and had lost 2 pounds from when i last weighed myself, so i figured it couldn't hurt!)
-apple
-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, strawberries, a splash of fresh-squeezed OJ, some mango
-went for a walk for about an hour and a half, then was sooo hungry when i got back!
-carrots w/ raw zucchini hummus, apple, 5 raw almonds and 5 raw cashews
-will have a big salad w/ spinach, romaine, baby greens, tomatoes, cukes, red peppers, carrots, sprouts, 1/3 avocado, and raw dressing for dinner
-will probably pick at some fruit salad (mangoes, strawberries and pineapple) when i cut up all my fruit for tomorrow

i feel like i'm eating so much and all the time, but i'm still losing weight...i guess i can't complain!

i got a compliment on my skin today by one of the farmers market vendors. she said my skin was so smooth, then she called her coworker over to look at me! lol. i told her it was b/c i eat tons of raw fruits and veggies!

Posted by: zapple ()
Date: May 14, 2007 02:44AM

I am toootally in! Visited my college friends in Texas for awhile.. sure is hard to eat a GOOD raw diet in a chow hall..

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 14, 2007 03:09AM

I'm drooling reading these early food posts. I can't wiat till this cleanse is done and I can post. Hooray.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: brendajoyce ()
Date: May 14, 2007 04:25AM

I want to go all raw, but don't know if I can commit to the 7 weeks. I got interested in raw eating a few years ago, and have sometimes tried it, noticed the benefits; but poor belief systems, cravings, and an attempt to please other people would suck me back into the SAD. Finally, my own health and my responsibility toward myself has convinced me I need to do this. So I first decided to get rid of some toxins, and have been doing some fasting and cleansing. I don't know if I am ready to start eating yet. Every time I begin eating, even an apple, the response to food gets triggered. I have done the grape diet cleanse, (I can eat grapes w/o being tripped into the SAD), and the Master Cleanse. I love the cayenne with the lemon and maple syrup. Those 2 cleanses are my favorite. Also, I have done a few days of only water. But I don't feel like I am finished with the cleansing. A few days ago, I had several hours of feeling intoxicated, (I used to use sleep aids and hard alcohol), and that passed; now headaches have begun.

Sorry if this is the wrong topic for this forum. It is prompted by the desire to do the 7 weeks with you all, but I don't think I am ready, unless the raw cleanses, (grape and Master), and fasting, are considered part of going raw.

Thanks for listening. I will be reading. PS-- was it decided if a person has to post their thread Every day as to progress? And would you be doing that in the blog forum or here?

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: May 14, 2007 04:39AM

Greetings! I'm in. I'm super motivated after spending an evening and into the wee hours listening to and talking with Paul Nison (author and raw food chef). Inspired, challenged, excited, scared, grateful... woooweee! I'll be on a road trip on the west coast for about 3 1/2 weeks during this time, so that will be interesting. Let's see, any of you in Santa Cruz, CA, Shasta, CA, Ashland/Medford/Grants Pass/Portland, OR, Bellingham, WA? Maybe we can meet for lunch.

I give thanks for all the blessings in this life and the wonderful nutritious foods which we have access to in abundance!

Shawna

Date: May 14, 2007 05:21AM

hey there everyone okay here is my foods for the day!!!!
3/4 cup of sprouts....
2 collard green leafs
a few cherries like 4
2 cups of kale
3 grape tomatoes
hmm that is all so far...i am going to have a frozen banana run through the juicer later with a 1/2 teaspoon of raw cocoa nibs.i will update if i have antyhing else smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 14, 2007 06:25AM

hey miss joan...your inbox is full in your pm's so when i went to reply it wouldn't send haha !!! you have to delet the old ones if you can so you cn make room!! smiling smiley i have a big long email back for you haah when you get it cleared let me know haha
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:13PM

So far, I'm having cherries for breakfast. And I'm late for school.

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:14PM

day 6/1 for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWT ( asin right, not rot LOL) ON!

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:27PM

Good morning! and welcome to the first official day of our 7 week all raw adventure!

To those of you who climbed aboard yesterday, I'm so glad you're here.

There are no dietary rules or guidelines during this trip except that the food eaten should be raw. That's it. The percentage of fats, fruits, veggies, whether or not you supplement, lara bars and etc. is completely up to the individual. This journey is geared primarily to the beginning raw foodist and we think that the challenges of staying all raw are intense enough in the beginning without putting emphasis on all the other stuff. There's plenty of time for that later.

If you are battling an addiction to a particular food or habit, such as morning coffee as an example (one I've had problems with) we suggest letting the good squeeze out the bad and being patient with yourself. Hot herbal tea, though admittedly not raw, will be considered a therapeutic aid and will not count against the goal of 100% raw.

We are hoping that everyone enjoys themselves, the food, and the process.

Everyone is encouraged to log their daily food intake here. You may post your food intake on day 1 (and so on) on the following morning or at night after your last meal of the day. Whatever is convenient for you. Some of you will only be able to post once a week or so and that's fine too.

Last, but not least, NO criticism of anyone elses food or process!

Encouragement, support and suggestions rule the day here. To those who are not participating, but who wish to offer support to those of us who are, please refer back to your dietary intake in the BEGINNING of your process and resist the temptation to impose any guidelines, rules or principles which are the fruit of your long experience. Otherwise, we do welcome your support and the benefit of your experience.

That's it!

I'll be posting my days food and experiences tonight. See ya then.

Have an all raw and wonderful day!

khale

Please, everyone, keep off-topic, person to person, and unnecessary posting to a minimum. This will make it much easier for us to keep up with each other without having to wade through irrelevant posts. Thanks.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 14, 2007 02:56PM

The 7 weeks should take us to July 1st. I love the summer, the summer fruits, and staying raw or being high raw is much easier for me during that this time.

I'm not going to try going all raw right off, but I'll be high raw and when I'm done with some detox and my little trip coming up, I'll see about going up a notch in my percentage and getting to all raw by July 1st.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: May 14, 2007 06:32PM

Alright, here's today's intake:

-cherries for breakfast.
- grapes for a snack.
- tiny avocado w/2 cherry tomatoes.
- papaya and a piece of coconut.
- salad with marinated mushrooms/cherry tomatoes/lettuce.

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 14, 2007 11:38PM

here is hwat i ate today

Today's Foods
Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Watermelon, raw 723 10 162 14 .5 whole
Banana, raw 375 2 96 4 3 whole
Apple, raw 125 1 32 0 1 whole
Avocado, raw 139 13 6 2 .5 whole
Tomatoes, raw 38 1 8 2 1 whole
Onions, 18 0 4 1 .25 cup
Cucumber, raw 24 0 5 1 1 whole
Totals 1443 27 314 24

today is my 6th day raw ever and i am so happy... good uck to you all!

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 15, 2007 12:20AM

Smoothie : Thai coconut, 2 frozen bananas, 6 strawberries
Swiss Chard wraps : Swiss chard leaves with alfalfa sprouts, raw sauerkraut
Watermelon
Corn on the cob
Almonds
Zucchinigetti
Smoothie: 2 bananas, kale, spinach

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: brendajoyce ()
Date: May 15, 2007 01:00AM

The foods sound good. I am going to try the smoothies. I didn't think about frozen bananas.

I am going to do this, I decided. I have not been taking Anything in except the MC or grapes and g.juice. But today, I had a light salad, and a banana. The banana sounded 'heavy' after eating hardly anything for days, but it was just calling out to me.

Thank you khale, for starting this. I needed the encouragement, and the expectation of getting on here to write down the day's progress is incentive. And thanks to everyone who is on here.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 15, 2007 01:38AM

I weighed in @ 153-lbs this morning, and although I like myself at this weight, I could stand to lose a few lbs, so no worries. One of my biggest concerns is that I'll lose too much weight eating all raw, so I'll be watching my weight closely.

I hope you guys had a good day.

Here's what I ate today:

Smoothie of one banana, 1.5 cups pineapple, and 2 loose cups spinach

handful of soaked almonds

Salad of mixed greens, cherry tomato, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, cucumber, some raw trail mix (raisins, walnuts, almonds, cranberries) kalamata olives and a dressing of oil and vinegar

small gala apple with 1tblsp. of cashew butter
two medjool dates and a handful of cherries

one avocado and half a large cucumber blended as soup
one ear corn on cob

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: May 15, 2007 03:15AM

Hi all, I've had a great and effortless first day. Here's what I ate:
3/4 large papaya
4 big strawberries
1/2 banana
3+ cups spinach
2 roma tomatoes
1/3 cucumber
1/3 yellow bell pepper
6 olives
1 avocado
1 T white onion
1 small zucchini
Tahini lime dressing
Frozen banana, strawberry, pineapple whip
3 pieces raw corn bread

I didn't drink nearly enough water at all. I feel good, but hungry right now. It's too late to eat, otherwise I'll have trouble falling asleep. Anyway, off to a good start, with notes to self on areas of improvement.

In abundant health and joy,
Shawna

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 15, 2007 03:27AM

Thanks Khale for that preface. It cleared up some questions.

(I have been 100% raw for 7 days inc. 4 day fast. Weight was 186; now, 179)

Smoothie: 2 bananas, handfull gojis, handfull shredded coconut
raisins 2 tbsp

salad: baby spinach, pine nuts, kalamata olives, mild Tahini dressing
3 bites apple

salad: red leaf, 1/2 avocado, few raisins no dressing

4 bites apple
banana

10 strawberries

bowl guacamole with 4 ribs celery
1/2 tomato

Am experiencing detox. ( Just before I started my journal I had been eating very poorly.) Today---so v.v.v. tired, achey, mucousy, heavy limbed, v.v.v. tired, swollen lymph nodes, v.v.v. tired. I must make concerted effort to get even more sleep. (slept 8 hrs last night!) This level detox was unexpected so soon. I guess I'm glad my body has the energy and the gumption, but I wish I could let it do its own thing and I could check into a hotel until its through, heh.

I want to sleep for 7 wks, LOL.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 15, 2007 03:37AM

Hi, this is Peri, pakd4funs daughter. I am on the seven weeks, maybe five. Yesterday we made Ani Phyos pancakes but we messed up so we made them into graham crackers. What a great idea! They were great.

I ate
-grapefruit
-Seaweed salad with cucumbers
-blueberry and banana smoothie with dates
-graham crackers with peach jam
-drank some almond milk

Have a great day!!

Date: May 15, 2007 03:46AM

Hi everyone it's me!!
well today ws okay not too bad....i had
2 collard green leafs..with alfalfa sprouts
1/2 cup of carrot
1/2 of extra small banana
2 cherries
1 more collard green leaft with sprouts!!!

have a good night i will update if i have anything else to eat smiling smiley
love earthangel
btw MISS JOAN!!! where are you?? you hve to empty our or you PM box so i can send my letter haha!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 15, 2007 03:49AM

great job so far everyone! i love the enthusiasm all of us have. it's contagious on these boards smiling smiley

welcome brendajoyce, i'm glad you decided to jump right in! a lot of us are very new to raw foodism, i've only been 100% raw for less than a week. but if it feels right, it's never to soon to go for it.

elakti, i'm glad to see you here as well!

my food for the day:

-smoothie w/ 2 bananas, strawberries, mango, splash of fresh-squeezed oj
-lara bar, and later, a banana
-a serving (about 3 big slices) of dried unsulfured/unsweetened mango
-fruit salad w/ apple, mango, strawberries
-carrots w/ raw zucchini hummus
-zucchinaghetti- one smallish zucchini peeled into pasta strips w/ raw marinara sauce made of 2 tomatoes, 5 sundried tomatoes, 1/4 red bell pepper, 3 cloves garlic, 1 tsp EVOO, thyme (ate about half the sauce)
-will have an apple later before bed

still feeling great eating this way, and i'm in no way tempted to eat cooked foods. raw tastes so much better.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 15, 2007 03:50AM

I am weighing in at 112. Although I am not trying to loose, it wouldn't hurt me if i did. I am 5'2" and very petite. I was ninety pounds at nineteen.

I had a big appetite today.

I had:
-herbal Tea
-3 bananas
-graham flax crackers
-banana, date and blueberry smoothie
-herbal tea
-seaweed, cucumber salad
-salad with romaine, cucumber, tomato w/avo tomato dressing
-graham flax with peach jam
-cereal made of apples, bananas, raisins buckwheat crispiies honey and almond milk
-herbal tea

WOO HOO! What a great start.

I am regaining my health after years of candida overgrowth. I had a lot of symptoms for a long time but no idea what was wrong.

Good luck everyone!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 15, 2007 05:38AM

Hi everyone!

Khale has said this challenge is geared primarily to the beginner raw foodist. I'm not a beginner, but I hope nobody minds if I tag along anyway. I love the idea of no rules accept raw.

Staying raw is easy enough for me now, but I do feel I have more to learn and issues to work on, like my sensitivity to greens. I also have kind of a theory that, in general, people may actually be more successful at raw, and healthier in the long run, on a less - not more - restrictive raw food diet. Plus lots of good exercise.

Today I had:
-several apple bananas
-I think about 5 oranges
-a tomato
-several surinam cherries
-an avocado
-1/4 cup brown sesame seeds (measured dry), sprouted
-1/4 cup hulled sunflower seeds (measured dry), sprouted
-1 big pink hybiscus flower

ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2007 05:40AM by suncloud.

Date: May 15, 2007 06:48AM

Hey there suncoud welcome..i think she said it is primarily for beginner 100% raw foodies..since i know both herself and the other gal she started this up with have been raw for a while smiling smiley so of course you are always welcome..i don't know what i am haha i started raw on January 24th of this year and went 100% on day one...but i am still doing this so i think it is okay smiling smiley welcome!!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: May 15, 2007 07:59AM

This is what I had today. When I said I would join in on the fun, I forgot to think that I'm not vegan. I don't want to offend anyone, so this is my last journal, but this is what my 7 weeks will look like, pretty much. I do take a few whole food vitamin supplements, so I'm about 98% raw for next 7 weeks. Have fun everyone!

today

apricots
peaches
dates
zucchini angel hair pasta
tomatoes
sundried tomatoes
fresh basil
fresh oregono
raw olives
garlic clove
aruglula
raw olive oil -1 tsp
raw goat cheese
raw corn chips
mixed micro greens
sprouted lentils
sprouted sunflower seeds
tahini & lemon dressing
kale - huge bunch juiced
celery- lots juiced
carrots- juiced
ginger- juiced
beet- juiced
grapefruit & avocado salad

Yesterday

peaches
apricots
necterines
dates
wheatgrass juice
mug bean sprouts & sugar pea sprouts with tahini & ginger dressing.
spinach salad
2 young coconuts
grapefruit & avocado salad
raw goat cheese
romaine -huge head juiced
ginger-juiced
pear-1 juiced
raw corn chips
avocado
cilantro
tomatoes

Current Page: 2 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables