Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Update on Dr. Clement
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: March 07, 2008 11:24PM

Blood tests only give you information. They don't always point directly at what to do.

Right now, I'm thinking about POSSIBILITIES. I was the only one in my department to not get the flu or a cold at all this winter. Everyone else spent a couple of weeks sneezing, coughing, complaining and blowing their noses. Everyone else took sick days.

I've been mostly 90-100% since early August. I am quite hopeful that as I continue along this path, I will continue to improve my health.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 08, 2008 12:53AM

I never get sick when I'm raw. I haven't had much success at staying raw lately, but the times I have been raw, no sickness, no flu, no colds. Ever.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 09, 2008 02:15AM

>>Regardless of the scenario that resulted in the disruption of the food supply, as a raw foodist I would be faced with the decision of what to do if there was no fresh raw food to eat..Revert to eating cooked food??..Forage for wild foods??..What if everything was contaminated??..Soil, plants, water??..<<

Bruce and Simple Living -

Victoria Boutenko in her book "12 Steps to Raw Food" says she calculated that her family of 4 could survive for 1 year on the sprouts from a 50 lb bag of organic wheat. She bought it as insurance during Y2K.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 09, 2008 02:46AM

50 lbs of wheat is about 10 days worth of food for a family of 4. Sprouted or unsprouted. When they sprout to edible lengths, they gain volume and weight in water but not much if any in calories.

1 lb wheat berries : 1552 calories
50 lbs = 77600 calories
Assuming each person needs about 2000 calories/day
77600/4/2000 = 9.7 days

Victoria writes a lot of crazy stuff in her books.

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 09, 2008 03:20AM

How would you keep the wheat berries from growing moldy?

Date: March 09, 2008 03:26AM

If you live in the southeast, as I do, you'd have to use climate control. A/C and/or a dehumidifier. Or store them in the fridge. I can go through 10 lbs of concentrated starches a week for my dogs but I (and they) like more variety than that. I mix it up between rice, wheat, oats, regular potatoes of all colors, sweet potatoes, millet, and buckwheat. They appreciate it! They get beans and greens too.

To late to edit above, I think her 50 lb idea might work if she actually planted the berries in the soil and they grew into full-fledged mature wheat to produce more fruit (wheat berries). But sprouts, no.

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: March 09, 2008 04:49PM

Simple Living Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How would you keep the wheat berries from growing
> moldy?

You would have to pay a company that specializes in long-term food storage to seal the properly dried grains, legumes, etc in cans..

I haven't looked at this subject for at least 10 years, but the Mormon Church advocates that it's devout families keep at least a 10 year supply of emergency food on hand..

As a result there are any number of firms offering foodstuffs already pre-packaged in this manner..As well as firms that will package any suitable foods that you grow, & or purchase yourself..As long as the foods are dried to a suitably low moisture content..

I believe, but might be wrong, that there are varying levels of long-term packaging available..Five years, ten years, twenty years, etc..

Bruce

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 11, 2008 10:48PM

i think we should all bow our heads for a moment of silence in support of our compadre, mentor to so many, david zane mason, who got up at 5:00am in the morning today to go have a blood test to demonstrate to the unbelievers that fruit is not the enemy. (hello! this is the enemy---> [www.cheese-burger.net] )

if the test reveals that, indeed, david does have florida orange juice running through his veins, then i will be setting up an orange juice transfusion tent in my front yard and charging all comers $20/gallon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2008 10:57PM by maui_butterfly.

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 11, 2008 10:52PM

I saw the enemy, and I feel kinda sick now...

Date: March 11, 2008 11:06PM

I am predicting that David's bloodwork will be perfect except for B12 indicators.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 11, 2008 11:10PM

I am very curious about B12.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 12, 2008 01:16AM

Ha! ha! I'm back. I must say that I was VERY impressed with Dr. Clement and the Hippocrates Institute. Dr. Clement was certainly a gracious host (as I knew he would be). And a special shout out to Rich, who met me at the door and guided me all over. Anyway, about Dr. Clement: that guy has probably forgotten more information about health research than many know....and is/has been in a unique position to see many different folks...and evaluate their results. Moreover, I was invited to stay for all the lectures (there were starting the Educator's Training today). I got to listen to not only Dr. Clement (who is a real powerhouse), but Victoras Kulvinskas as well (He's a VERY smart and genuine man...and funny!).

-I certainly think that the diet that Hippocrates advocates is very wise - and sound....and has helped many thousands back to health (and will). I haven't seen the cost yet, but their basic program appears to be 3 weeks. Here's the link: [www.hippocratesinst.org]

-It seems their diet focuses on high-quality sprouts, algaes, and juices. Very cleansing!

-The grounds are beautiful (40 acres) and I'll post a couple of pictures in my next post.

-Giving blood was the easy part - of course...and I should get the results back in a number of weeks....at which point I'll update any/all who might be interested!

-I DO definitely recommend that folks (that are interested) check out Hippocrates. Make sure you do the research first and are motivated! LOL.....because even at a place as accomodating as Hippocrates...people still have to do their own legwork! Ha! ha! You CAN lead a man to sunflower greens but.....well...you know.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: uma ()
Date: March 12, 2008 01:49AM

You said it David, not only your own legwork, but your own... buttwork? ie 2 enemas per day, including wheatgrass implants! It was a good feeling to get super greenified there.

Love,
Uma

Date: March 12, 2008 02:42AM

David, I would like to know, if after hearing their wisdom and opinions if you feel compelled to change your diet now (or not), before you get your blood test results, and if you are open to changing your diet after, depending on how your results come out.

I am very attracted to the idea of fruitarianism with some reservations (minerals, craving other plant parts, uneasy about the restrictions of other plant parts). But you seem to be very confident and without such reservations or cravings.

Date: March 12, 2008 03:16AM

Ha! Good question. The answer is no...although I certainly think that diet would work very well for just about anyone. Will I change my diet? I don't think so. For me personally, its more about the joy and passion of one's dreams and process. Correct circumstances and quantify-able results from outside observers are secondary.

-I hear your concerns. But a person buys a car and gets into it every day....even WITH reservations because they regard it as an absolutely necessary tool to reach their destination. Without the destination, even the best vehicle seems rather silly sitting in the driveway. And if you feel it will get you to YOUR destination, it doesn't matter if everyone else is driving something else...or riding a bike.

-My own experience is that you don't so much CHOOSE to eat all fruit...so much as find yourself doing so one day......and one year...and so on...and liking it. If you 'crave' other things....then I wouldn't do it! Ha! ha! Is that too simple? winking smiley

-I don't feel I'm missing out on all the Porsche's of the world.......because I think I need a PRIUS to get where I'm going. Bad analogy...I know....but hey! I lost blood today!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2008 03:17AM by davidzanemason.

Date: March 12, 2008 03:28AM

Thanks, David! I guessed as much. You have a very diplomatic way of putting it: that you respect what they are doing but it isn't for you.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 12, 2008 04:38AM

I know that fruits are seed bearing plants so

QUESTION: Are seeds included in the fruitarian diet ?

Date: March 12, 2008 11:32AM

EZ: Just like there are no raw food police....there is no one 'fruitarian' diet guru or manual. I personally eliminated seeds/nuts/greens, etc. from my diet several years ago....as a less optimal food for me. If YOU regard them as a less optimal food....I would advise you to cut down....or make a plan to eliminate them over time. If you find them optimal...you should eat more of them. Simple. winking smiley

-A person cannot 'back' their way into heaven. You cannot be really good....by simply avoiding being bad. It your passions and dreams that guide the material circumstances of your life. That is my belief and opinion. So: Be LASER-CLEAR on what YOU are passionate about. Don't lie, prevaricate, or mislead yourself about what those are. Instead, make VERY SMALL goals with timetables to pursue what YOU are passionate about....with ALL your passion...and d**n the circumstances.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: March 12, 2008 01:31PM

David Mason,

You are the COOLEST!

Thank goodness you are on the planet right now. . . it's a comfort just knowing you are here.

: )

Love,
Julie

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 12, 2008 01:42PM

davidzanemason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is your passions and dreams that guide the
> material circumstances of your life. That is my
> belief and opinion. So: Be LASER-CLEAR on what YOU
> are passionate about. Don't lie, prevaricate, or
> mislead yourself about what those are. Instead,
> make VERY SMALL goals with timetables to pursue
> what YOU are passionate about....with ALL your
> passion...and d**n the circumstances.

I like that. It allows me the room to be true to myself and define my goals in a way that is consistent with my passion. The last few minutes I have been thinking about exactly what it is I want and how I am going to make that happen. Thanks, that helped. smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2008 04:18AM

squee! david, you got to hear viktorus speak? ah, that's so terrific, he is one of my favourite impassioned speakers. one of the times i was blessed to hear him speak i was just awed by his fire, his verve. he is SO inspiring. wow. what a powerhouse he was on that day.

glad it went well, can't wait to see how it all plays out. thank you so much for going David, i'm so happy that you did.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: April 05, 2008 10:42PM

Hi David... still no word ?

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: April 05, 2008 10:55PM

Yes, did he post results?

Date: April 05, 2008 11:10PM

Nope. No contact yet...and I've been pretty busy planning my trip to DC to smell the cherry blossoms! LOL. I'll e-mail Rich next week....and see if I can get an update. If not, I'll follow it up on my end.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 06, 2008 01:38AM

Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing the results, David! Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXO

Posted by: activeinternet ()
Date: April 06, 2008 08:53AM

Hi David,
Brian has been in Europe for the past few weeks and got back. He mentioned to me Friday that the results were in. I have not seen the results and they wont be disclosed until they are discussed with you. I'll be in touch with you early this week. It was great meeting with you.
Best Regards,
Richard

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: April 06, 2008 02:14PM

DZM (and activeinternet) - I am so bummed I wasn't following this thread before!! I don't really know how I missed it actually. I could have met you there that day that you went! I really want to check it out as well(Hippocrates), even though I am drawn to 80-10-10 - especially the fruit aspect of the diet. I am open to learning all raw theories, especially at this early point in the game for me! I am definitely going to make it up there, and if you head back let me know. I would love to meet you in person.

I also cannot wait to hear what your results were/are!

Posted by: activeinternet ()
Date: April 06, 2008 11:29PM

Hello VeggieFreak,
Contact me via private message and I can arrange a visit to Hippocrates. The 4th Thursday of every month, they have a save your life night and give a free dinner, a tour and a lecture to all that attend.
Rich

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 07, 2008 03:35AM

Thanks for sharing, DM!
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: April 07, 2008 09:58AM

I find it quite disturbing that there is such a fruit camp -vs- a vegetable/leafy green camp.

Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables