Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 15 of 21
Re: needing a fresh start
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 18, 2008 11:55PM

I had to find some grade b maple syrup to continue this master cleanse this morning I did the salt flush and later I had some lemon juice warmed with honey because I did not like it without some sort of sweetner. I found a store close by that sells it, dang the stuff costs 10 dollers for 16 oz's That will only last me two days so I am thinking of useing less of the maple than required due to the cost. I can use agave necter and that costs much less at about 450 for 16 oz's. I feel fine on this fast I feel inergetic and it is really cleaning me out. I am hopeing this will give me a boast in eating raw foods. I made some soup for the kids and it looked so good I did not taste it at all though and my older daughter made chocolate chip cookies I had to cover them up they are smelling up the house. I am a little tempted but tell myself the health is what I want and need right now.
I have noticed my posture is getting better since on this fast and my breathing as well. I can't wait till I start feeling better.
I am thinking of doing a parasite cleanse later on I have been reading a bit on worms and am a bit grossed out about it. I don't know why it isnt a regular thing for people. I am sure if a person has worms in them it would be unhealthy. One time I talked with my doctor about human worms and he looked at me like I was crazy.
The master cleanse book talks about mucous buildup in a persons system and how it brings illness. I noticed mucous comeing out and my gums feel slimey. I wonder how long this will take. I am on day five and I am going to do this for 11 days or more depending on how my tongue and eyes look to me.
Last time when I was raw I felt so wonderful I do hope for that feeling but I know I will find more issues with my fifty year old body as I start cleaning up my system. I will just take one day at a time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 20, 2008 05:49PM

This is day 7 on the master cleanse and all is well. I am feeling more energetic and when I feel a bit rundown I just drink some lemonjuice. I have been haveing at least three bowel movements a day which makes me think the toxins are being flushed out. My tongue is still coated though but my eyes are looking clearer. I am craving some green food and fruit that is good because I am trying to reprogram my thinking concerning eating the raw foods rather than the sad foods. I am sure there will be times I will want something cooked but overall I am becomming very certain that eating raw is the way. I have not even missed the coffee which is a big problem for me. I have been reading about how our food is processed in the factories and am trying to soak it in my mind just how horrible eating meat is. I have to convince myself it is wrong on a deeper level I hope to be repulsed by the thought of eating meat.
all is well
pam

Date: August 22, 2008 02:29AM

day 8
I had a bad night and found myself crying most of the night I think it is part of the detox. This day I drink the lemon dronk throughout the day and found myself haveing no hunger and lots of energy. I am feeling real good in fact. I am not sure just how long to do this but its not real expensive of a diet I am thinking it cost about 10.oo a day it could be less if I would find lemons that were cheaper and use agave necter instead of the maple syrup. I am haveing regular bowel movements and am loseing weight but the best thing is feeling more energetic and in control of my eating or not eating but I am feeling sure I can start eating raw foods after this much better than before the cleanse.
I have been thinking about how emotionally attached I am to food but in reality the food does not fullfill my needs. any how things are going well

Date: August 24, 2008 02:52AM

this is day 10 on the master cleanse. I did'nt do the salt water flush this morning I just couldnt do it its yuckey everything is going good and I am feeling o.k. my tongue is still coated white but my eyes are looking clearer but the whites are blood shot. I am still very energetic but do have times I feel weak usually I feel weak when I have not drank enough of the lemon maple stuff. This day I drank mostly water and just a little bit of the lemon juice I just wanted to see how I would feel with the water. I am not sure just how long I am going to go on the master cleanse but I am sure that after this I am only going to drink juices for a while. I just want to see how that would make me feel. I am loseing weight but am sure some of it would be gained back. I have not had a chance to check my blood preasure but I am feeling a little better.

Date: August 26, 2008 03:54PM

this is day 13 of the master cleanse.

I decided to go another week because I am feeling some positive things happening. I really don't like the salt water flush but it does clean a person out, yesterday I didnt do the salt water flush and noticed less puffyness. I think as long as I am haveing a bowel movement things should be o.k. Perhaps to flush every other day would be just as helpful. My energy level is great as long as I drink a glass of the juice but if I dont have enough juice I feel real tired and want to rest more oftain and get weak.

I have lost 9.2 pounds in a week I didnt weigh myself in the beginning of the fast so I dont know how much I have lost in all but I do notice me belly much smaller and my pants falling off. I think that is a better sighn of weight loss.

I feel my mind has been clearing up considerably and I am automatically thinking positivly.

I do have thoughts of eating foods and there is all kinds of food in my house as my family eats the chips,candy, meat, potatoes and other cooked foods. Sometimes the smell is alureing but I am really seeing a great benifit with this fast.

I intent to break this fast with wheat grass juice and juice for some time after the lemon juice to see hao that makes me feel. I have been toying with the thought of doing a water fast for a few days as well.

I do crave food and feel my tummy rumbleing at times

Date: August 27, 2008 05:50PM

still going strong at day 14 of the master cleanse

It feels good to not really have to think of food and be free from it for a while. When I finish this fast I will only juice for a while before eating solids.

One silly noat: My fingernails are growing. My fingernails never grow.

I am doing this fast to lower my blood preasure and lose weight quickly to help my blood preasure. It is also a great kick start to healthy eating

One part of this fast is to drink the salt water in order to flush out ons colon and I did not do this for two days and started to feel tired and tempted to eat any food I saw but this morning I did the salt flush and had a cleansing flush of the colon so I am feeling much better to keep going on this fast.

Pam

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2008 02:14PM

OMG Pam I wrote to you earlier and then found your diary. I just read the whole thing. You ARE doing a master cleanse and I did not know that when I told you I was going to do one. I want to know which one this cleanse is/ Is it Hulda Clark's?

I am so fragmented....all over the place. DOn't know where to start.

Please call me

631-225-4070. If you have a phone plan that is free all over the country. If not I need to call you. I feel as though you and me are one in the same.

What a story you wrote!!! You have much tenacity and drive. I am very impressed by your strength, courage, and honesty.

Linda
Health Teacher
New York

Date: September 05, 2008 03:06AM

aww linda you are so nice to say that.

I thought I should up date my diary.

I finished the master cleanse that lasted about 16 days. I felt a real emotional release from some past issues and now I feel so clear headed and I feel strong to continue on the plan to be 100% raw so I just steped into the raw shoes of life and I am feeling real good. I have been eating about a half of a watermellon a day and a salad with some lemon juice and an avacado on it. I did devour a bunch of nuts and refuse to buy anymore because they are so addicting for me. I have been drinking some carrot and kale juice and it really revs me up, I just love the energy it gives me. So far so good with eating raw and I feel I am much stronger than ever in my resolve to eat raw foods for my life.

This last sunday I had a great opportunity to go see Tanya Zavasta speak. It was the first time I have ever meet anybody who eats raw foods and I am sure the croud of people were raw as well. I was encouraged. I want to start some sort of group in my area because there is nothing for raw people where I live.

One great noat about my family.. My 14 yr old daughter is becoming a vegitarian and is open to eating raw foods and my 16 yr old daughter is wanting to become raw but right now she is pregnant so she cant go gung ho right now.

I have been loseing weight again and have been exersizeing a bit. I am not doing any heavy exersize mostly walking I am thinking of doing yoga if I can get things together enough and follow through with a plan.

All is raw for me right now
Pam

Date: September 06, 2008 04:54AM

still raw.............................and feeling great

The family had pizza today the smell is still lingering in the house but I did not partake of the cheese dish I bought a handfull of nuts at the store and made a dish of avacado and tomatoe with some red pepper

I have been eating watermellon mostly and found one with black seeds in it and really enjoy munching the black seeds.

I have been haveing a big glass of fresh green juice and today I did not have a juice and feel the difference so I will need to keep up the juiceing. The juice seems to rev me up a lot.

I have been trying to stop eating at eight at night I have found that I feel better in the morning if I go to bed with an empty stomach. I am going to try to plan to stop eating earlier and earlier. I have been reading the book by tanya zavasta and it speaks about not eating in the evening. I have been eating les and feel so much better.

later
Pam

Date: September 06, 2008 11:00PM

I had a carrot,collard juce in the morning and a large green smoothie made with some peaches banana strawberry and some mixed letuce, a couple of handfulls of nuts and a large piece of watermellon. I am going to start finishing my eating at 5 p.m. and attempt the dry fasting till about 8 a.m. the next day that will give me about 15 hours of fasting lets see how I feel with that.

I still am reading the book "Quantum eating" and have touched a bit on the dry fasting and reasons behind it. Appairantly dry fasting is much easier for over weight people so I am a great candidate for that.

I am feeling much better being raw I do have cravings but mostly I am not use to feeling so light inside I think I need to increase my energy and just do more things. I feel like I just want to do a bunch of stuff but get all muddled with all this energy.

Hope I made sense

Pam

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 07, 2008 12:56PM

aH...embrace the energy. SEE IT POSITIVELY. GO WITH THE FLOW. Think of all you can accomplish - look at the energy as a blessing. Increased energy and vitality will lead you to:

· Reduction of stress and anxiety
· Reduction of mood swings
· Improved Immunity
· Proper weight maintenance
· Lessening of present disease/illness symptoms
· Increase joint flexibility
· Decrease joint pain/inflammation
· Improved memory, mental clarity and concentration
· Improved skin, hair and nails
· Overall feeling of well-being
· Eradicating depression
· Increased physical stamina
· Fewer colds and flu symptoms
· Renewed sense of purpose in life

enJOY. Linda Wildflower Woman

Date: September 08, 2008 03:48AM

thanks wild woman that is pretty helpful. did you get a chance to hear that speaker? I hope you are doing well today

still raw today

I have been trying to stop eating at 5 p.m. and not drinking or eating anything till about 8 a.m. Last night was my first night with this and I woke at 445 in the morning I felt refreshed and started the day but I did get tired so I went back to bed at 7 a.m. Any how I ate a green smoothie in the morning and ate watermellon throughout the day and had an avacado and banana then finished the day with a green smoothie before 5. I made the family a roast for dinner and sat with them and ate my green smoothie. I am feeling great and can notice the changes that come with healthy eating.

Date: September 08, 2008 08:14PM

I weigh in at my weight loss group on each monday and for a week I lost 5 pounds and for the past month I have lost 16 pounds. I am feeling great and working on eating only raw foods and not paying attention to calories but to haw I feel, I am energetic especially if I have a carot and greens juice. My head is much clearor and I have noticed my hands and feet are not so swelled up. I have avoided drinking much water as well and stop eating at five p.m. One thing I do have to do is exersize more.

Still eating lots of watermellon and I love the black seeds in them yum.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: September 08, 2008 08:38PM

Wow pampam, it must be a great feeling to have such measurable progress!

I have a medical condition that causes one of my hands to swell up, and it seems to do a lot better when I am raw (and also when I exercise).

Hope you have a great day!

Sapphire

Date: September 10, 2008 03:14AM

sapphire, I have been dry fasting at night for the past week and my hands are not as puffey My feet and legs use to be very swollen and now my shoes are lose in just that time. I have been reading Quantum eating By tanya zavasta and it is packed full of great information. I am going to have to read it several times in order to absorb what that woman has reasearched.

I had a carrot,celeryand parsely juice in the morning and ate about a half of a watermellon. I made this raw spagetti sauce that is so yummey and had some with raw zuccini and red peppers and onions and celery.

Celery has sodium in it and sodium is good for strength besides that it tastes good.

I had a pain in my left side which made sleaping uncomfortable last night. I tossed and turned all night. The pain is still there however it feels as if it is getting better. I had a pain in that area for years I am not sure what it is. I began to feel relief from the pain after I had a b.m. in the morning.

I am surprised at how easily I have gotten back on track this time. I am feeling confidant in eating raw. When I backslid last november I felt so helpless, the desire was to eat raw foods but there was something holding me back. I regret gaining back all that weight and not eating raw for that time I seemed to feel deprived of the cooked foods I usually eat and the cooked foods my family eats but in reality I am making steps towards health and my family will eventually follow towards health. I enjoy eating a reduced calory I feel more satisfied than ever. I use to get a snickers bar and eat that and want more, I couldnt just walk past one without wanting it now I can walk past those candies.

I am still raw and feeling great.

Date: September 10, 2008 04:37PM

Hey pampam,

Good for you sticking to it, and great for you completing that master cleanse, excellent start to a new program!!

I know what you mean about getting off track so easily. I was mostly raw up and down for about three years, until about a month ago when I just suddenly realized that no cooked or non-vegan food served me any longer. It just suddenly didn't register for me mentally as food anymore. Weird, because I am still making cooked food for my family, but I just don't want it now, no matter how great it smells. (Doesn't if just figure that I am a really terrific cook - a great cook who doesn't eat cooked food, how's that for an oxy-moron, haha!!!) So I have been absolutely raw and caffeine free for just over a month now, and I feel great! It's so much better when I am not feeling tempted by the food I am preparing. I've even lost a little weight, which is very unusual for me. But mostly, I just feel good.

I know what you mean about eating candy and wanting more. It's so great that the more I stick with raw, the less I think about that stuff. Normally I wouldn't be able to resist!

Have a great day!

Sapphire

Date: September 10, 2008 07:16PM

that is so funney I feel the same way about cooking for my family. I enjoy cooking and use to make some real fancy dishes but now I just cook what they want and encourage them to eat raw foods every day. My 10 yr old loves to call herself a carnivor but my 14 yr old has stopped eating beef,chicken and pig. She is more open to trying some of my concoctions every once in a while.

I was wondering about your swollen arm, sapphire, is it from your cancer? I was wondering if it was a lymph problem or circulation? I hope you can find a remidy for it.

I had a little upset when a close family member suggested I go see a doctor concerning my diet changes and to rely on internet information was not such a great thing. He drinks nothing but coca cola all day and eats slices of butter or salted cheese and He says this. One time I was at the doctor and he suggested I get a gastric bypass as a solution to my weight issue. Now is that healthy just because a doctor advises it????? Some people give way to much power to a doctor and will not life a finger for their selves and their own health. What is wrong with how people are thinking any more? A long time ago people were encouraged to lightly steam their vegitables to keep all the nutrients intact now it is rare for people to even eat something uncooked and have to accuse someone of being unhealthy for eating a raw food. That is upside down thinking.

I am doing well today. I went to the store and bought a very expensive watermellon. It was grown on Oregon and I am hopeing it will be very tasty. I had a carrot celery and parsely juice and some nuts and pineapple. The nuts really did not taste that great I wonder just why I ate them. I had a avacado and will probably have a green smoothie later in the day.

I am stopping eating at 5.p.m. and not drinking any water or eating food till 8 a.m. I am thinking of changing the time because I would like to start eating earlier.

I am feeling great and have energy.

Date: September 10, 2008 08:19PM

Haha pampam, that's us, a couple of gourmet cooking raw foodists, haha!! If you think that's bad, here's another funny story. Just after I went raw, my stove broke down and we had to buy a new one. I figured fine, let's just get the least expensive one we can find. But my husband had just finished a job where he had earned more money than we usually had. He looked at me and said that all his life we have had to get the least expensive stuff, and it meant a lot to him to get something good quality for once. So one of the first thing I did as a raw foodist was to go out and buy a beautiful top of the line convection stove. Hilareous!

My arm is damaged from my cancer treatment, you are right. They cut out the lymph nodes in my armpit (looks like someone hollowed it out with a melon baller!), and since they found a lot of cancer had spread into my lymph nodes, they applied a bunch of radiation treatments to the area. As a result, I got lymphedema. It's incurable and makes my arm and hand fill up with lymphatic fluids all the time. I have a tight sleeve I wear when it gets really bad. For some people it gets so bad they have to go in and have it drained because the skin can only stretch so much. Gross!! Hope I can avoid that.

So today I went and joined a gym. A friend of mine has started working out and WOW, she looks so great!! I probably can't start anything until next week, but I have really good intentions about keeping it going. I will let you know how that works out. I think Elakti also inspired me with all her hot yoga!

Do you have any regular workout pampam? It can be so hard with kids, I find the scheduling to be so hard to coordinate!

You should tell your family member that you have already tried the coca cola and butter diet and it wasn't working all that great for you, so you're gonna give this one a shot, haha!! Seriously though, I guess we just have to learn to live with criticism. People don't know how else to respond, and it's their way of deflecting the attention from their own bad habits I think. Funny how it seems to be the ones in the worst of health who have the strongest opinions!

Well, gotta run, talk to you later,

Sapphire

Date: September 11, 2008 01:17PM

I don't know why I got so upset over what he said. I guess it was so short sighted on his part that I was balled over by it. Some people just give all the power to the doctor and the doctor is someone how has studied about various parts of the body. I just figure I can read a book as well and figure out nutrition and some things about the body as well as anybody else. If I were to become very ill I sure would go to a doctor but to go to just ask if what I am eating is o.k. is rediculous.

Sapphire, I don't have an exersize plan yet but I am thinking of doing yoga. I have read that yoga is very good for the circulation among other things and I am so stiff I want to be more flexable.

Yesterday I got busy in the afternoon and was not able to stop eating at 5 p.m. So I ate some red pepper dipped in the last of my spagetti sauce mix yum.

I have noticed my foods are moslty red and orange lately. Like watermellon,carrots and red peppers. I really love the red peppers right now theyare so sweet and juicey yum.

I have been busy cleaning my back yard so I have been doing a lot of raking and wheel barrowing horse poo and picking up lots of debre and going through sheds cleaning out and getting ready for the rainy season. I hope to get some gravel put down in the areas that tend to be wet as well. So I am busy right now doing heavy lofting and other kinds of work.

I am enjoying eating raw and am not worrying about calories at this time. I don't feel deprived in any way.

Date: September 11, 2008 08:14PM

Wow pampam, that is so amazing you say that about the yoga.

I recently bought a yoga tape, and haven't had a chance to start using it yet. I have briefly watched a bit of it, and hope to commit myself to doing this regularly starting Monday (I'm insanely busy until then).

Anyway, the DVD I bought is called "Yoga for Absolute Beginners" (good name hey?), and there are four workouts. Two are introductory workouts, and then there is one for flexibility and one for strength. Each workout is 30 minutes or less. I noticed with what I watched that it is optimal to do yoga on an empty stomach, so I am hoping to do it first thing in the morning when I get up. I'll let you know how that works out. I'm aiming for three times a week to start. (then to the gym a couple of times a week in the evenings).

Sounds like with all your work you do that you get a lot of exercise already. I bet yoga would be your best choice too, since you already have the physical stuff covered. I used to do Bikram yoga, but couldn't take the heat, so hopefully I will find this a bit better.

Isn't it amazing how a person can eat so much raw food and still not feel deprived? People comment to me about my strong willpower, but I don't feel that way at all. I love the food I am eating! Why would I want to eat anything else?

Well, better get going, lots to get done around here today....

Sapphire

Date: September 11, 2008 11:49PM

I am so fortunate. I posess two watermellons and made a large bowl of salsa,,,,
Today I started practicing positive thoughts. I am also practicing being grateful. These are two very hard subjects for me because I am a very negative person and I use to get very sick to my stomach when being positive. Being positive right now seems to be falling in line with eating raw foods just as easy as putting on a shoe.

I was busy today but had time to make soem very good salsa.
I ate some pineapple in the morning and later had a watermellon than had to do an unexpected trip I was hungry and stoped at a gas station just to use the bathroom and they were giveing fresh home grown apples away so I enjoyed yum...
I had a salad with lettuce and heaps of salsa with avacado. I am so full now Oh I had some hazelnuts. Today I spoiled myself. I will be able to stop eating at 5 p.m.

sapphire I also have a yoga d.v.d. it got misplaced somewhere so I got to search for it. My cable t.v. also has some yoga lessons on it but I would rather do a d.v.d. so I could learn by repitition. I am looking forward to this...somewhat...

Date: September 12, 2008 05:36AM

I am a negative person?

How about "I used to be a negative person"

I don't think you are a negative person pampam. I think you are a very hard working and determined person. You have done a wonderful job of staying with this raw diet in the face of criticism, and I am sure many cravings and that's no easy feat. I suspect you don't give yourself nearly enough credit. You are amazingly supportive of other people on this board also.

Besides, being positive makes a person feel so great. One day I was out with my mom (very negative person), and she was telling me how much it offends her when younger persons say the phrase "excuse me" to get past her just because she is a bit older and moves a bit slower. Ok, I can see her point, but not everyone is like that, and we all deal with inconsiderate people once in a while no matter what age. Anyway, a cashier at the grocery store said excuse me to her so that she could reach something on the shelf behind where my mom was standing in line, and my mom totally told her off. I felt so bad, the poor woman walked away with tears in her eyes - I am sure she would have said the same thing to anyone who had happened to be standing in that spot, she meant no offense.

Later that day, I had to get new batteries in an old calculator, and the two staff persons were so terrific. It took them over an hour to get the new batteries put in, they fixed a problem inside the calculator and in the end, the whole thing only cost me $11. (It was one of those super expensive scientific calculators my kids need at school, otherwise I would have just replaced it for that price). I was so thrilled at how nice those two men were, that I went next door, bought them each a coffee and gave them each one with my thanks.

Not only did those guys probably feel great, but I felt a whole lot better at the end of the day than I suspect my mom did. (not that she would have made the connection or anything).

So don't just be positive to yourself, pass it along (like you do here) a little. You will really enjoy the feeling! It's kind of addictive winking smiley

Sapphire

Date: September 12, 2008 12:35PM

I feel like a baby in a new world. I hear you sappire, great stories too. My mother was simular in her attitude towards others.
How is your arm? I am hopeing the swelling has gone down.

Its early in the morning for me and I have a huge amount of things to do. I am cleaning out my back yard and going through sheds so I have a truck load that has to go to the dump then another truck load to the recycleing. I live in Washington state and right now the sun is shineing but when it rains everything gets muddy out here so I am hopeing to get ahead of the mud and get some gravel down around the walk ways. I hope to get somthing done around my garden to be area as well.

I have two watermellons and a big bowl of salsa in the fridge yum. I'm a happy gal

Have a good day
Pam

Date: September 12, 2008 04:25PM

Hey pampam,

We are practically neighbors (I live on Vancouver Island in Canada). You are so right about the weather - it's so great this week, I have been outside as much as possible (although not nearly as busy as you!), because as we know, once the weather starts changing it will be very wet and often windy, haha!!

Between me and my kids we have about six different things going on this weekend, it will be pretty hectic. Plus, my third daughter is learning to drive, so I want to get out there with her to practice a little while the weather is nice (scary!).

I went to the gym last night and really worked out, so I am a little sore today. Guess that just tells me I'm overdue to get going on this fitness stuff! My arm is good right now - I paddle on a dragonboat team, and the exercise is very helpful to me. Sadly, the season is nearly over, so I will have to try to be good about going to the gym after that.

Talk to you later,

Sapphire

Date: September 13, 2008 01:30AM

in the morning I had pineapple

later I ate salsa useing some summer squash as a dip
lots of watermellon
Later I had some romaine lettuce with salsa and avacado I sprinkled some walnuts on it.

I am full today

I did stop eating before five but because of all the work I am doing outside I have been hot so I drank some water
I am feeling very well this time around eating raw. I don't feel tired and have plenty of energy. I am very excited to be loseing weight again and it seems to be falling off of me. It feels like my sinuses are clearing up it seems like I can breath better.

sapphire that is great to know you are my neighbor. Are there many raw foodists in your area? There seems to be a lot of groups up north of me in Seattle but there is nothing in my area. I am thinking of starting a raw group.
I sure got a lot done outside today. I love the sunshine. My back yard is starting to look better now but there is still lots of work to do.

Happy eating to all
Pam

Date: September 13, 2008 03:37AM

Hi Pam:

I do not personally know anyone here who is a raw foodist, although there is a woman in my city who holds raw potlucks on a regular basis. There are too many scheduling conflicts for me to go, so I have never looked into it. (same night as my dragonboating and also my son's soccer)

So this group is a life-saver for me - pretty much everyone who knows me thinks I have lost my mind. (but then, most of them thought I was really kooky back when I was a vegetarian, haha!!) I do think my family enjoys all the fresh food that is ready to eat all the time though - not much gets wasted around here! Most of the women on my dragonboat team expect me to drop from protein deficiency at any moment!

Well, have a great weekend, I'll check back next week.

Sapphire

Date: September 14, 2008 02:40AM

I do agree about this group, I don't know what I would do without this place.

My family is very supportive yet they do call me a hippie for some reason. But my weight loss group is another story. Some people think my teeth will fall out or I will end up a bowl of muscleless boneless jelly.

God forbid... I eat no meat and I actually challenge the milk. No cheese for me.

I had an interesting day we went to a country town 60 miles south of us to get an old tractor and I was thinking of my gratefulls and gave a small prayer for some local produce. When we got into the town there was a very small house that had local strawberries,grapes,raspberries,apples peaches and some bell peppers and cucumbers I felt in heaven. Then when we picked up the tractor there were some wild blackberries and an orchard with pears. I got a small box of pears and blackberries. I am a lucky raw food eater today.

food I ate today

morning carrot,celery and chard juice

rasberries,peaches and the best tasting grapes ever

romaine lettuce and homemade salsa with a very small avacado

I had some celery with almond butter too

I did not cut off my eating at 5 tonight I was enjoying the salsa to much.

Date: September 15, 2008 09:14PM

Pam:

I love how you practice your gratitude like that - it reminds me to do the same.

I just made arrangements to go visit my sister in October and when I told her I was coming, she was so excited that she was going to be treated to some of my fabulous salads. It's such a good feeling when somebody notices - what she thinks is amazing and spectacular is so ordinary to my family. A change of scene will be so nice, I just hope my teenagers don't go completely out of control while I go away for a few days. I haven't seen my sister for over a year, how exciting!

I started my yoga today, and I started a thread of my own just now so I can keep track - have you found your missing video yet? (You're probably way too busy, I should talk to you again when the weather gets bad again, haha!!) It's a lot harder than I remembered!

Hope you have a great day, and you get to enjoy this sunshine, looks like we only have a few more days left before the clouds roll in!!

Sapphire

Date: September 17, 2008 01:21AM

Its not so easy to be grateful for everything. Today was a hard day for me. I feel like a mess of emotional stuff and going through crying jags. Some things are just to difficult to deal with.

I have been eating mostly fruits like avacado, tomato, bell peppers, cucumbers, grapes, watermellon.

I think I will start tomorrow off with some green vegitables or a juice. I am hopeing that will make me feel a bit better. I seem to feel good if I drink a juice.

I havent started any exersize program yet

Pam

Date: September 17, 2008 04:53PM

Hi Pam,

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling down. Is there something specific that is making you feel so sad, or is it just things in general? I think it is quite common for us to have an "emotional detox" when we go raw, in fact (for me, anyway) I think it is those emotions that have caused me to slip up so many times in the past. Cooked food really does seem to suppress all that stuff, although I don't think that is a good thing.

It's so hard when we are a mom - you spend so much of your energy and time taking care of everyone else, that you start to forget to take care of yourself. And eventually you even stop liking yourself all that much. I don't think you suffer from a lack of gratitude as much as a lack of giving yourself credit for the terrific person you really are. And learning to put yourself first and take care of yourself is a really difficult change (at least it is for me.) It becomes much easier to become that invisible person in the background who makes everybody else's lives work well. I wish I could give you a big hug and let you know that everything is going to be fine.

You are doing great. Even though you are upset, I can see you have every intention of sticking to your goals. I hope you feel better soon.

Sapphire

Current Page: 15 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables