Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Starting the journey
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 01, 2007 06:05PM

hey there wow that was quick haha..yeah i can see a yellow tint now that you mention it haha...

hmm i think high raw is really good and better then lower raw haha..but i personally think 100% is amazing too..but that might be because i am getting rid of illness and stuff you know?? there is a lady i know who is 80% and shelooks amazing and feels great!! and she eats 20% cooked..and some raw dairy...but anyways i think either is good for you and depending on your main concerns on the diet and what not whether one is right or wrong...i think it is great whatever you choose....

fromwhat you seem to want to accomplish i think high raw is just great for you!!!
hmm i don't know if that helped or confused you haha sorry

love ya lots
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 01, 2007 06:06PM

hey the password is rawdiet or rawfood can't remember haha..
love ya

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: June 01, 2007 06:10PM

Ha! Thanks for that & thanks for the password. It helps to hear your thoughts. I am just looking for motivation and strength of purpose on this diet. I am going through a bit of a hump in that department.

www.inaia.com

Date: June 01, 2007 06:13PM

yeah i think you would be just great with high raw with some rice and other things once in a while...it also depends on how you feel....like with me i am 100% because i have so many health challenges you know??
and if you want to do 100% maybe doing high raw for a while you will transition into 100% if that is your goal!!
you are doing fabulous though don't stress!!!
love ya lots
sach
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 06:33PM

Ok. I need help. I need to be held accountable. I want to make a commitment to working out 5-6 days a week and to really creating changes in my body & in my health- particularly getting rid of the congestion that constantly plagues me. My body- I want to be lean & ripped and energetic & no weird things that look like near future cellulite. I want to start doing yoga again. I am already SOOO slammed with my schedule. I know that where there's a will, there's a way. I want MAJOR results. I don't wan tt be doing a half-assed attempt. I wan to BE vibrant and impressively healthy and strong & glowing. I want RESULTS in music and in performance, looks & health.

I need some support! or maybe just clarity for myself. Motivation too.

www.inaia.com

Date: June 01, 2007 06:51PM

WOW!!!!! I'm listening to Alissa Cohen's & Revvell's podcast Rawkin Radio. What they are saying is REALLY resonating with me.

What I'd like to commit to is 30 days of 100% raw and of 6 days a week of high intensity workout while increasingly kicking rear in my gig and my writing and development of my career. I'm starting in the morning. Saturday will be my day 1. I should post pics too for before & afters.

www.inaia.com

Date: June 01, 2007 07:48PM

i am in with ya!!! i will take some before and after pics as well!! and then we can do this 30 day challenge together...and 6 days a week of exercise and one day rest right?? that is going to be tough for me but i can do it!!! i know i can get that one day of rest in there if i am doing it with someone and they are doing it too!!!
well have a wonderful day hun!! talk to you sooN!..what sort of food are you going to be eating?? or are you just going to be doing 100% of any raw food?? that is cool too just let me know!!
i am here for you for any support you need!!!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo
okay gotta get back to work hha..i was dusting the computer at work smiling smiley thought i would stop in and see what you were doing hehe

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 02, 2007 02:15AM

THANK YOU! Ok. I will be doing 100% raw. I will do my best to keep the fat down and the grains minimal yet my main focus will be on:
1. 100% raw
2. 6 days of high intensity workouts per week
3. daily writing
4. take pics along the way
5. drinking plenty of water
6. to do the daily list (however short or long) of gratitude

I feel it is important to include writing for me as part of what I'm doing b/c it is the key to transforming my professional life to a MUCH higher level and quality AND b/c it will be a great outlet for me to get out all the emotions that will come up. I feel like maybe I have sabotaged myself b/c of a desire to be able to medicate myself with food.

I believe I am PMSing right now but I may have gained a couple lbs- or it may be the PMS. Not sure which.

My goals are:

1. to reach an unprecedented level of health & well being in my life.
2.to rid my self of this damn congestion for good!
3. to have a beautiful body I am proud of & that is vibrant & functional & free
4. to reach an unprecedented level of success and personal power in my life.

I am so happy and grateful for you taking this on with me
I am so happy and grateful for my new computer
I am so happy and grateful for my kitties
I am so happy and grateful for my MOM and for the fact she is coming
I am so happy and grateful for my new Gucci glasses
I am so happy and grateful for all my fun eyelashes
I am so happy and grateful for my iPod!
I am so happy and grateful for my friends
I am so happy and grateful for Skype
I am so happy and grateful for my JOB
I am so happy and grateful for my agent
I am so happy and grateful for the F&B director @ the Conrad
I am so happy and grateful for the internet
I am so happy and grateful for myself
I am so happy and grateful for my talent
I am so happy and grateful for music
I am so happy and grateful for my classes
I am so happy and grateful for my musicians
I am so happy and grateful for the power to create my life
I am so happy and grateful for pocasts on raw food & fashion
I am so happy and grateful for continued shows of love from the "dude"
I am so happy and grateful for this sunny new day
I am so happy and grateful for the guts to take on this challenge
I am so happy and grateful for you, EA! & for Startfruit!

www.inaia.com

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 02, 2007 02:33AM

Hi again, Inaia---

Best wishes on your new committment!

You know, I was thinking that MAYBE, just maybe----since you've been high raw for awhile (haven't you?) that your congestion is your body signaling to you that you are doing a good job, you've been increasing your health level, but now it wants you to take it to another level to allow the elimination of this congestion.

Since it has been hanging around for awhile on your current way of eating, maybe stepping up to all raw is what will give your body the energy to RELEASE this. And, remember, it might just get a little bit worse for a little bit of time before it is gone.

Just some thoughts.
Elakti

Date: June 02, 2007 02:54AM

Hi Elakti. Thanks so much for your insight & support. I think that is possible which is why I've taken this on. Right now, I have no congestion. This is so weird! As promised here are my before pics from each angle:

and here are a couple better pics of the yellow lashes:

www.inaia.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2007 02:57AM by Inaia.

Date: June 02, 2007 05:22AM

hey sweetie..well awesome awesome....yeah this is going to be good..just focusing on 100% raw..and doing some fun intense workouts..and for me taking a day off to rest..i hope this works great for both of us!!! i took my before photo's too and i don't know about posting them just yet haha..i will work on that lol..but i only had panties and a bra...cuz my bathing suit wasn't with me...haha i had to do them atwork so i could stand in front of a full length mirror!!!
but i did it and got the pics..and i am happy about it!!!
well take carea nd ahve a wonderful day hun!!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 02, 2007 07:14AM

Hey there girl! So I went to the gym. I did 1 hr 5 min on the eliptical with the intensity high enough to burn 500 calories. I also went in the steam room and did some yoga asanas and stretched a bit in the hot tub afterwards. I am definitely a little bloated and I felt the twinge of a cramp- so that I'm sure is affecting my body a bit. I didn't weigh myself. I actually forgot. I have to confess that I had an organic espresso yesterday and had a headache in the morning and after I got out of the steam room.

Today I had:
curry carrot(2) avocado(1) soup- also contained curry powder, cumin, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper

Big salad w/ sprouts, cabbage, bell peppers, greens, onions, cherry tomatoes with homemade dressing of soy sauce, organic olive oil, lemon & garlic.

Banana

I'm sure i will eat more before work & @ work. I've been listening to all those episodes of the Rawkin Radio podcast. I find they are SO speaking to me. I feel like I was doing fantastic on raw until I started trying to do high fruit and low fat. I don't want to put all these additional restrictions and calorie counting bull. It makes it stressful for me and for that, i'd rather go back to some cooked. Since I'm not doing that, I'm going to keep doing the thing that was working for me the best. All raw- no more rules- except exercise etc.

Now I'm going to try to take a nap befoe I have to get ready for work. smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: June 02, 2007 12:01PM

Those are very exciting things to want and you can do it! I know you can. I need to do yoga and dance and work out way more and bike more so if we support each other in terms of that it would be wonderful! That is how I'm doing raw right now no rules just exercise. If i do rules then i get to restrictive and then it turns into yet another eating disoreder. SO i don't ever limit myself. YOu are beautiful in all you pics btw. I may post pics. A bit too scared. We'll see ha ha. This is great. I'm so so proud of you.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 02, 2007 03:43PM

Thanks Starfruit. smiling smiley YEY! Yeah, looking @ them I see I'm not out of shape or in danger. I'd like to fine tune my health & my body & go to a totally incredible level. Still think I should find someone to use as a model of somehting to stive for.

Oh! And definitely. That's WHY we are here- to support each other. I'm excited. I stayed raw all day. I'm home. I did my homework. I asked my Mom to get me Alissa Cohen's book so maybe she can bring it for me. I really like her 100% raw yet flexible and modern approach. I'm REALLY looking fwd to it.

Tomorrow's my day off! YEYEYEYEYEYEYEYYYYYYY!

www.inaia.com

Date: June 02, 2007 05:10PM

hey there sweetie.well good for you!! yay our first day so happy!! well i am just starting my first day!! i think it is going to bea good one!! you did awesome...take care and have a wonderful night!!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 03, 2007 02:26AM

OMG. I slept until 11 am- which never happens. I feel so rested. I went to bed @ 3 just chillin' & reading one of Storm's e-boks and watching some TV show I downloaded. Just opened my eyes. Had 2 text messages & 1 e-mail from "the dude". It's nice smiling smiley I am planning to make myself a recipe I saw last night- Storm's Tabouli salad. I'm excited to make it & taste it.

Hey, EA, did you want any other of their e-books? How was your first day?

Even though it's Sunday I might go to the gym. I also might go to the organic, vegan cafe and just sit outside and have a glass of red wine. It's still ra. It's Sunday and I will alow myself that if I feel like doing it- but we'll see. I definitely have lots of homework to do so maybe I can sit there and do my homework while sipping some red wine. MAybe not though 'cause I have to sing and record some exercises as part of my homework. It's all a big "we'll see".

I feel clearer in the sinuses. I am starting to see a connection between the exercise and the sinus health. I also remember thatwhen I used to train for fitness competitions, I used to take lots of ripped fuel (EPHEDRINE!) and I'd run every morning and lift weight and I was never congested. I think the excercise may have just as much to do with it as the food. When I was feeling congested I wasn't exercising- ad that's true throughout my life. I woke up feeling thin. That's NICE! smiling smiley

I am so happy & grateful for a beautiful new day off.
I am so happy & grateful for my new commitment.
I am so happy & grateful for the communications from "the dude".
I am so happy & grateful for my health.
I am so happy & grateful for my income.
I am so happy & grateful for my CDs that have been sold.
I am so happy & grateful for all the support I find in you guys.
I am so happy & grateful for my Mom and her coming in 1 week!
I am so happy & grateful for music.
I am so happy & grateful for beibg able to make a living singing and in music.
I am so happy & grateful for the beautifu world we live in.
I am so happy & grateful for the tapes & podcasts that support & inspire & educate me.
I am so happy & grateful for my body.
I am so happy & grateful for the internet.
I am so happy & grateful for my family.
I am so happy & grateful for having had the grandparents I had.
I am so happy & grateful for having had the father I had.
I am so happy & grateful for where I live.
I am so happy & grateful for my kitties being safe & taken care of.
I am so happy & grateful for me.
I am so happy & grateful for unlimited possibilities.
I am so happy & grateful for now.

www.inaia.com

Date: June 03, 2007 03:04AM

I'm glad you see you don't need to do anything drastic. But your body will become super toned and gorgeous wahoo. That's what i want. COngrats on raw all day. Hope your day off was good. my sunday is just beginning

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 03, 2007 03:18AM

Hi Starfruit! smiling smiley I love seeing you here. Yeah, I was surprised actually that the pics looked better than I expected- even while being bloated. Perception is reality and it can be a weird and skewed thing sometimes!!!

I'm REALLY enjoying getting active again. So PLEASE let us know how you're doing with that.

You guys, I made that salad and it was like the most amazing salad I've ever had!!!! If you are fat-o-phobic, you won't touch it 'cause it has avocado, almonds AND olive oil in the recipe but I am amazed. It was the best salad I've ever had. It also contained raw, organic honey.

But you know, I like their approach. I like that Storm has been raw for 30 yrs and that he and his whole family are GLOWING all the time!!- and smart, and fit.... They must be doing something right.

www.inaia.com

Date: June 03, 2007 04:18AM

Ok- so I decided against going to the gym. Sunday I don't want to go to my place of work- even if it is to the gym. It's also supposed to be my day off from workout. Not going for the wine either. My energy is a bit unusual right now. Maybe later- or not- we'll see.

I am going to go tho the movies. Maybe tonight I'll go for a run and I'll do some homework in between and go for a walk now in a few minutes and listen to some 'Law Of Attraction' podcasts. I want to move my body. So I'll get comfy, go buy my movie ticket and keep on walking. smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Date: June 03, 2007 05:06AM

hey love!! my first day went well..i went to the gym this morning...went to work....rested...cleaned up some of my house the usual haha!!! i am getting ready to pack some of the things in my room right now!! cuz i have to have a clean room since i am going to start showing the room this week to people to replace me!!
well hmm yes i would love any ebooks you would like to send me..you know i am always collecting new raw books haha!! send away
sachelle@rawfoods.com
smiling smiley
well congrats on day one huN!!!
yay we did it!!!
and have a wonderful rest of the day today
love ya
sach
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 03, 2007 01:19PM

cool. I'll send you something this week.

Today I had
3 avocados
2 tomatoes
1 bunch of basil
bit of onion
2 carrots
1/2 cup almonds
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
1 banana
1 salad w/ cabbage, 3 cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, greens & dressing of soy sauce, olive oil, garlic & lemon

www.inaia.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2007 01:20PM by Inaia.

Date: June 03, 2007 03:54PM

PS
I know that's a buttload of fat but it's Sunday and it is NOT like that all week. Although it is not my main focus to cut down fat- this is not my usual fat intake.

So I subscribed to Storm & Jinjee's TV channel. It's $10 for a month so that's MUCH cheaper than all the other s@#t I download from iTunes that doesn't inspire me on my path. I am downloading some shows right now. It includes Storm's circular workout and some cooking shows and some reality type shows and a video journal of this musician chick- so we'll see how it goes...

I did the hardest part of my homework and I'm taking a break before tackling the last bit of homework so I can start the week fresh tomorrow. I intend to make it to the gym earlier in the day so I can come back guilt free and with sufficient time to do whatever work I may need to start doing- as it will be Monday.

www.inaia.com

Date: June 03, 2007 04:11PM

Oh! And I forgot that I also ate about 2 cups of sprouts. smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Date: June 03, 2007 07:06PM

hey there yay you for a wonderful day!!!can't write much i am going to jump in the shower and go laptop hunting before we have a raw lecture at rancho's today which starts in an hour haha!!
take care and keep up the good work!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 04, 2007 12:51AM

Oh SO cool!!! You are going lapop shopping!

www.inaia.com

Date: June 04, 2007 02:49AM

we are funny all getting laptops at the same time. SO you are doing great my dear and your food sounds so yummy. DOn't worry about the fat. As you said that is usually your not your everyday intake and even if it was so what maybe your body needs it. All fats arent bad. Glad you took a nice day off. Walks are always great for that. i'm starting my exersising tomorrow.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 04, 2007 06:53AM

hey hun..laptop shopping went okay..i found a few good deals..one in particular i loved..it was a lanova or something..(the new ibm thinkpads) and it was on sale from 1200 to 479 but they were sold out..i guess they sold out online last night before the sale even started haha...it was a nice one cuz it had the fingerscanner too!! the new thing that takes your print instead of a password..i thought that was cool..but oh well!!
well hun you are doing great..keep up the good work!!
love
sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 04, 2007 07:52AM

That sounds like a really nice computer and INCREDIBLY cheap! Did you find anything else you liked?

I did my hour on the eliptical today and meditation & yoga afterwards. I've eaten all raw and so far very well:

2 oranges
1 bell pepper
1 avocado

1 salad with sprouts & cabbage & lettuce & carrots

2 zucchini in zucchinghetti
2 tomatoes
10 sm slices sun dried tomatoes
1 huge clove of garlic
a bit of onion, bunch of basil

www.inaia.com

Date: June 05, 2007 01:07AM

hey there....well good job sounds like you had a wonderful day so far!! keep up the good work!! talk to you soon!
love always
sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 05, 2007 02:47AM

Wow you are doing great my dear. I stuck with it today so i'm proud of myself. We are all doing so well.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables