Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 10 of 16
Re: Starting the journey
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 28, 2007 09:48AM

hey hun..ooh i wish i was buying a new computer..but soon i will be!! i need to buy a nice laptop to take with wherever i go!! that is my next big purchase for real!!! well have a wonderful day..good to see you happy! and feeling great
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: May 28, 2007 04:16PM

So I bought the computer. It was a biggie for me to take that step even though the one I still have works well. It just could be a little more up to date and have more memory & a bigger screen as I use it so much to watch videos. I took the leap! It is in the store right now b/c they had to fix some configurations on it after I added all my data and it was ready too late- I was ready @ work.

My food was better today but not in the fats department. With all the running around I had to do today, I ended up eating better than Sunday but not as well as I was aiming for. Tomorrow I will wake up and got to the gym. I will pick up the computer on the way to the gym, get a vigorous & lengthy workout in and then come home and get more stuff done before work.

I wore one of my new pair of Shu Uemura eyelashes tonight. I felt hot! he he LOL Also, when I took a pic of myself with the built-in camera on my new MacBookPro for the user id, I took the pic of myself wearing my new Gucci glasses. I got such a kick out of that! ha!

I'm going to go to bed soon and hopefully finish watching the movie I started 3 nights ago. I've been running around So much that I've been getting too tired to watch for long once I'm in bed.
My Mom said she wants to come for two weeks instead of one and I'm thrilled to have company & of someone who will be so helpful and who loves me. It'll be nice to have her around and show her this world with in my Universe.

Can't wait to go get my computer tomorrow. I was upset to miss my workout,though. I was REALLY looking fwd to it. I feel "cooked" & heavy on the inside and want to sweat & move & breathe & eat 100% raw and low in fat & high in fruit & greens.

I also received the make-up I was waiting for in the mail as well as my new credit card and some other mail.

Oh1 And I bought the coolest/cutest bag for my new computer. It's white & gray camouflage print- with a small print. It's got tons of compartments for phones & money & iPods & PDAs & passports & a place to hook it onto a rolling suitcase. I'm excited for picking it up tomorrow but MOSTLY I am EXCITED about getting to use my purchases to make me more productive and motivated and focused on what I am committed to creating in my life and in the world.

I am so happy & grateful for my new MAC Book Pro!
I am so happy & grateful for my new Gucci sunglasses.
I am so happy & grateful for my new Shu Uemura eyelashes.
I am so happy & grateful for my new ASCAP credit card.
I am so happy & grateful for my agent.
I am so happy & grateful for my gig!
I am so happy & grateful for the food they make me @ my gig!
I am so happy & grateful that my Mom is coming!
I am so happy & grateful that tomorrow is a new day.
I am so happy & grateful for my cozy bed & apartment.
I am so happy & grateful for my friends in Miami & the US & Paris & Tokyo.
I am so happy & grateful for this site & you guys & this blog.
I am so happy & grateful for the Apple store Ginza!
I am so happy & grateful for my health.
I am so happy & grateful for the motivation to be frigging amazing.
I am so happy & grateful that my apartment is clean & tidy.
I am so happy & grateful that I'm moving fwd with my life.
I am so happy & grateful that I feel like I'm not alone.
I am so happy & grateful for my old computer.
I am so happy & grateful for my iPod.
I am so happy & grateful for music.
I am so happy & grateful for singing.
I am so happy & grateful that I get to sing music I love for a living and that I make a good living doing it.
I am so happy & grateful for my pay.
I am so happy & grateful for my savings.
I am so happy & grateful for Marianne Williamson, Louise hay, Tony Robbins and all those people who help me feel motivated and remind me of who I am capable of being.

Good night, Ladies! smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Date: May 28, 2007 09:56PM

hey sunshine!!! well that is awesome..your new computer sounds amazing!!! i need a new one too..my laptop is so old and doesn't work well..and my desktop i bought for 50 dollars haha it gets the job done though of getting on here and checking my email and checking the message board!! when i move i am going to give it to someone on craigslist.!! i think it is good toh elp someone out and it will up my spirits you know?
anyways i am sooo proud of you doing so well!! and your list is amazing today!!
keep up the amazing work hun
love ya
sach
xoxoxooxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 29, 2007 12:30AM

New day. New me. New choices. New possibilities and I am happy & grateful. Going to get up in a bit and go to the Apple Store & gym. I have some homework on music stuff to do before. Yey! smiling smiley

Today I WILL stay FULLY raw and LOW in fat & high in fruit & greens. Watch me!

www.inaia.com

Date: May 29, 2007 07:25AM

So far the day's been good. I had 2 oranges & a bell pepper in the blender for breakfast, later I had some fresh OJ, after my workout I had an apple and now I had an awesome salad w/ cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, red cabbage, red cabbage sprouts, red & yellow bell peppers, some greens, and an avocado. I DID have a small amount of green tea ROOM TEMPERATURE- which doesn't make it raw but at least doesn't mutilate all my cells with the heat. Other than that, I've been able to stick to my raw diet high in fruit & greens & veggies & low in fat. Tonight will be the big cashew challenge. They have them @ the bar I sing in & I love cashews- so that can be difficult @ times. I gotta make sure I eat enough that I don't get hungry when I'm there- 'cause that's how it happens.

I feel much more vibrant & energetic & positive & optimistic & clear-headed after eating "not-so well" for a couple days instead of my one usual cheat day. YEY!

www.inaia.com

Date: May 29, 2007 08:03AM

Oh! and here's a pic of me w/ my new sunglasses-LOL I took it with my new computer in my cozy apartment that's in an amazingly awesome location! And I am SO happy & grateful for all this!!! smiling smiley Just thought I'd share. smiling smiley

I am also so happy & grateful for my time in the gym today.
I am so happy & grateful for my new life!
I am so happy & grateful that my Mom is coming here!
I am so happy & grateful for my friends.
I am so happy & grateful for all the prosperity that is coming to me now.
I am so happy & grateful for all the prosperity that has already come to me.
I am so happy & grateful for my health & well-being.
I am so happy & grateful for the people I meet @ my work.
I am so happy & grateful for the e-mails form the "dude" today.
I am so happy & grateful for my job.
I am so happy & grateful for my pay.
I am so happy & grateful for all th beautiful things that surround me.
I am so happy & grateful for my classes & my writing and my experiences & my life!
I am so happy & grateful for how awesome my new computer is.
I am so happy & grateful for how I am learning & developing as a person and as a musician.
I am so happy & grateful for my freedom of choice.

www.inaia.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2007 08:15AM by Inaia.

Date: May 29, 2007 08:26AM

hey there..yay for you doing so well!! and starting to feel like yourself again!! keep up the good work huN!! take care...
love always
sach
xoxooxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 29, 2007 01:11PM

Those glasses are hot chica. OH man you are doing really well. So glad your feeling better, Me too.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 29, 2007 03:50PM

EA, thanks for the support-as always! smiling smiley

Starfruit, THANKS! I am so excited about my glasses. Thought I'd take a pic with lots of attitude- LOL.

Thanks girls!!! Women! I had an interesting night @ work. I had a good time and met some interesting people and dealt with some sound challenges. I am LOVING my new computer! Now I am listening to an old episode of Raw Vegan Radio where they interview Douglas Graham. I am very interested in learning more about the 80/10/10 diet. I'm going to post a topic about that in the general forum.

So food- I ate a salad @ work and they did put avocado in it and I was hungry so I did eat more than one avocado today, I ate a salad now that I got home and there was oil in my dressings for the salads I ate BUT I didn't eat ANY cashews tonight.

I am going to try that 80/10/10 approach. This interview is very interesting and I'm willing to give it a try.I am getting ready to really give that a go. I know there is SOMETHING I'm not doing right. I STILL have congestion and that started coming back after I added more fat into my diet. So here I go into a new phase of my journey...

www.inaia.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2007 04:02PM by Inaia.

Date: May 29, 2007 08:00PM

Hey sweetie!! yay you are doing great..oh well 2 avo's that is good...they help burn the fat and get rid of bad fat!! so you are doing amazing..keep up the good work!! and enjoy your evening..the graham approach sounds great i know i really like it!! gotta be careful with my diabetes though so i am not on it yet!! but i am doing more mono latley!
love ya lots
sach
xxoxooxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 30, 2007 02:16AM

Good Morning. smiling smiley Well I don't think I am ready to go full force w/ the Douglas Graham approach. I am not ready to try mono or not blending. I REALLY enjoy trying recipes. I DO know my health hasn't been optimal in the mucus department- and that is VERY important to me. I also am not ready to not use any spices. I don't see anything wrong with cayenne pepper or a little salt. I really like Storm & Jinjee's approach very much. They do high fruit-low fat and still make recipes. That's what I'm willing and guided to do right now. More fruit and greens. Less fat. Still blending. I will definitely continue to do more & more research on it though. So....:

Breakfast:
Water of one coconut
2 oranges & 1 red bell pepper blended w/ a little cayenne

www.inaia.com

Date: May 30, 2007 02:38AM

hey there that is right go with what your body feels like and go with what you like!! you get the most success listening to your body!! keep it up
oh hey i know jodi gave you a link to someone in japan i am not sure if thsi is the same person but there is a girl who is in japan she just turned 33 yesterday..here is her blog site..you can check it out and see if it is her or a different person you might have another friend!! she sounds really cool
good luck
[avocadogirl.wordpress.com]
copy and paste that and it should bring you to raw girl in japan diary blog smiling smiley
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 30, 2007 09:00AM

Hey, EA! I hadn't had time to figure out how to contact her but I finally did and now we'll see if she gets back to me. THANKS JODI!!!!! I'll make some time to read more of her blog tonight on my new computer! LOLOLOL

I'm running late to start my make up so I'll post later tonight! smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Date: May 30, 2007 04:23PM

So today was a long & busy day- but I'm home now. smiling smiley Had an interesting meetong and had to take my computer to get the keyboard replaced b/c it wasn't lighting up and THANKFULLY they took care of it SUPER quickly. It did give me time to go to the restaurant next door and get salad and do som good writing. I also did my homework before I left the house but I had NO time to go to the gym. Tomorrow w/ a vengeance!

I ate only 1 avo today and a few pieces that were in the salad the restaurant made me. I also had oil on some of my salads- but only 1.25 avos & NO cashews is a definite improvement for me. Someone referred me to a website called vegsource.com devoted to 80/10/10- so I'm going to check it out.

Something really cool & interesting happened to me today and I have to share. I was walking one block form my apt to the market to get some veggies and it was drizzling. This older Japanese lady actually stopped me to offer me to give me her umbrella! Can you believe someone would do something so kind and at her own expense!?!? And an old lay @ that! One would think she would need it more than I. I said thanks but I was already @ my destination- but I was so touched by that woman's generosity and kindness and selflessness.

I am so happy & grateful for things that restore my faith in the human race and in kindness & generosity.
I am so happy & grateful for my intuition.
I am so happy & grateful for my healing.
I am so happy & grateful for my MOM coming!!!
I am so happy & grateful because I feel my new direction starting to come to me now.
I am so happy & grateful for my new computer!!!
I am so happy & grateful for my Gucci glasses.
I am so happy & grateful for walks through Ginza.
I am so happy & grateful for my new Shu Uemura eyelashes. (I will post a pic below-the attitude is all for the pic-lol) he he
-the attitude is all for the pic-lol
I am so happy & grateful for my healthy, yummy food.
I am so happy & grateful for feeling centered & free.
I am so happy & grateful for the strength & conviction & self-esteem to stand up for myself & what I believe in.
I am so happy & grateful for the fast service @ the Apple store.
I am so happy & grateful that i can go to the gym tomorrow.
I am so happy & grateful for all I wrote today.
I am so happy & grateful for my friends & family.
I am so happy & grateful for who I am.
I am so happy & grateful for Tokyo.
I am so happy & grateful for that blog of the raw girl in Tokyo.
I am so happy & grateful for my apartment & cozy bed.
I am so happy & grateful for my kitties being safe.
I am so happy & grateful for the money to buy my mom a ticket to Japan.
I am so happy & grateful for life!!!

www.inaia.com

Date: May 31, 2007 03:45AM

I love the eyelashes. anytips for putting them on? I never get them exact.wow thqt lqdy and the umbrella. that's wonderful. glad you are doing so well with your eating and with your life. theyare going hand in hand

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 31, 2007 06:09AM

Hey ther hun..awesome day today!! keep up the good work...hmm sorry you have had a few issues with the computer but at least they are fixing them and taking care of it right away!!!
keep up the good work..the eyelashes are beautiful!!
love ya
sach
xxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 31, 2007 06:36AM

Thanks Ladies!!! smiling smiley I have one more pair of Shu Uemura eyelashes I bought. Those are pretty wild! Maybe I'll try them tonight or tomorrow or Saturday. Hmmmm...

I have spent the whole day organizing all the stuff in my life I had been putting off. I updated my calendar on iCal and synched it to my iMac acct. I starte dto update the contacts on in my address book. I feel like FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY some organization and efficiency is coming back into my life. I didn't go to the gym but this was SOOOOOOOOOOOO needed. I also updted my blog & put pics from all around Tokyo. I would love it if you guys would check them out! [www.inaiablog.blogspot.com]

Food: I made my own salad dressing today with soy sauce, olive oil, lots of fresh garlic & a little apple cider vinegar. Had a salad but all my body wants today is carrot soup! I'm going to make some more shortly. smiling smiley

Then I have a quick meeting @ the recording studio and after that it's shower & make up & off to work.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 31, 2007 06:47AM

hey there..well glad you had a great day!! !keep up the good work and enjoy your evening at work!!!
take care
love lots
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 31, 2007 08:13AM

Thanks! smiling smiley Oh! and I forgot to mention I also rganized my bank accounts & credit cards. YEY ME!

www.inaia.com

Date: May 31, 2007 03:52PM

So I just got home from work. I ate a few cashews. You know, I just don't believe in this no condiment, no blending, no recipe, no garlic, no grains stuff. It's TOO MUCH for me. I am even ok with an occasional cooked brown rice or something like that. I don't know how I'll feel later, but that's how I feel now.

I had a sort of argument with those guys from Brussels tonight & I just want to vent. They wanted me to go out to a bar with them tonight. I have been STRUGGLINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG with my voice and my sinus health- so right off the bat - it was not the best idea. But then, I got a call to go record a little jingle very early in the day tomorrow. It's hard enough to sing @ the end of the day after warming up gently the whole day and being fully healthy. I explained to them I couldn't go out with them for these reasons and they were acting like total assholes! They were like- it doesn't matter if ou sleep & you only live once and all those loads of bullshit. I'm like YOU want to tell ME how to do thew job that I've been doing for 15 yrs and that you have never had ANY frigging clue about? They went as far as comparing my situation to some CEO that doesn't sleep. Ridiculous!
I am SO OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR having to justify & explain to clueless MORONS why it is important for me to take care of my health & my voice & just what it takes physically to do what I do. REALLY! I'm done! I swear I will never spend time with people like that anymore. If you want to hang with me the RESPECT me and my work which is my passion. People are stupid enough to think that I just stand there and all that stuff just happens on it's own. They are the same people who sit in the front row & blow cigar smoke in your direction as you're taking a deep breath to hit a high note.

From now on I am only spending significant amounts of time with people who support and understand and respect my work and my commitment to doing it with excellence and being healthy & vibrant. Everyone else can F*#K OFF!

Anyway, when I saw I was about to be there hitting my head against a brick wall, I excused myself and left. I am listening to awesome music by Raul Midon and am going to catch up on a fwe things, continue to get my life in order and take good care of myself and get some sleep and get ready for my studio session tomorrow.

Thanks so much for being there for me through this form. I can't tell you how much it means to me to have someone to go to for support and vent with. Now I can let it go and move on w/ my life and my decision about who to invest my time in.

Big huhs to you guys! smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Date: May 31, 2007 06:32PM

hey sweetie...i am sorry the guys weren't being very supportive or understanding...YOu deserve only the best and i am glad you stuck up for yourself and go out of there and to your house to relax..good luck today with the recording this morning..you will do great!! take care of yourself and don't worry we are always here for you!! keep it up hun!!
love always
sach
oxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 01:16AM

Thanks. I was so mad. I am so TIRED of feeling like I have to explain & explain & explain and defend & defend & defend WHY it it that I have to be healthy. I felt attacked. It's that same thing I always say to other people about others feel very threatened at times by our diets. That's just so weird to me! WHY can't they just make their choice and let me make mine?! It's just weird.

I'm out to do great & amazing & fun & inspiring things- & I'd like to enjoy it- not feel like I'm limited by my own health or that I'm falling apart in one way or another. I've had to deal with this for YEARS but I've never decided to keep only healthy, vibrant people close to me- and that's what it's come down to. Hanging out too much with unhealthy people is like dragging 5 tons of crap behind me while I'm trying to fly. I think I made an important & life-changing decision. I realize I don't "owe" them anything- and I've always felt like I owe people or like I had to please them. I'm so done. It's about me right now and about doing things that are great & inspiring and enjoying the process. He was talking about one needing to enjoy oneself. How is it pleasurable to intentionally hurt oneself or one's chances of really "kicking butt" at what one is passionate about doing?

But you're right. I slept VERY well and in a minute, I will write some lyrics and start warming up. Starting to get a little hungry. I may do the orange & bellpepper thing for breakfast. mmmmmmmm.....

www.inaia.com

Date: June 01, 2007 03:10AM

big hugs to you. people always underestimate how much goes into art blech. i love the pics on your blog. gonna watch the video tomorrow. i'm really pruod of you. what a huge realization!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 01, 2007 04:23AM

hey there dear good for yoU!!! i am very happy for ya..and proud of you always..you are doing great...and taking care of yourself that is awesome!! hmm interesting i member you mentioning those oranges and bell pepper concoctions haha i don't think i am daring lol might taste odd to me..it has to either be sweet or salty..or sour..i can't mix the flavors haha it is too much for me lol!!
but you keep doing wonderful!! oh and beautiful pics!! love it..i don't have a sound card in my old computer so i will have to wait....oh well!! i got to see the pics
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 04:43AM

Thanks, Ladies! So happy you checked them out and liked them. smiling smiley YEY! I have some more so I'll let you know when I post them.

I'm in the recording studio now and the session is going well. It would've the stupidest kind of suicide/sabotage to go out partying w/ 2 drunl, cigar-smoking guys from Brussels - or from anywhere else for that matter- LOL

Hey , EA: I can't speak for your personal taste, but that orange/bell pepper thing is really good! I sometimes cut up 1/2 an avocado and put the cubes inside. It feels very light & nourishing. Red bell peppers have a sweetness to them and have a high water content. All I can say is that I like it. LOL

SF:Yeah. People really think that I can go out & drink & be around smoke & not sleep and that I'll go to work tomorrow and sound fabulous. That a@#$%le actually had the nerve that I just didn't trust in my own talent! That's REALLY what sent me over the edge.

My blood starts boiling just thinking about it. Don't ever want to have people in my life who disrespect my work & me that way.

Anyway, i'm feeling better physically- much! I'm so looking fwd to tonight. We are working with a new percussionist whom I love! LAst night, the gig was REALLY good! YEY!

I love you guys!!!!!!!!!

www.inaia.com

Date: June 01, 2007 04:50AM

hey hun!! enjoy your night..and have fun with the recording!! take care...mhmmhhmmhhmhmhmh maybe i will try it one day that bell pepper orange thing haha...thanks lol
love ya lots
xoxoxooxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 04:45PM

Shu Uemura Eyelashes Of The Day:

www.inaia.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2007 04:46PM by Inaia.

Date: June 01, 2007 05:57PM

hey there darlin' those are pretty!! are those different ones?? i like them ...have a fabulous day!! take care
love always
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 06:01PM

LOL. Thanks. Yes. These are bright yellow. I have a better pic from my phone. Will post tomorrow.

EA: What are your thought on high raw vs 100%. How much more beneficial is it supposed to be?

www.inaia.com

Date: June 01, 2007 06:01PM

PS
That Ann Wigmore book you sent me asks for a password to let me open it to read.

www.inaia.com

Current Page: 10 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables