Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 16
Re: Starting the journey
Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: May 12, 2007 05:07AM

YEY! I think it's great we can support & motivate each other.

PS
I also occasionally include macadamia nuts, almonds, pine nuts and cashews ( even though I know cashews aren't raw).

www.inaia.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 12, 2007 06:18AM

I know i love it!! it is so wonderful to have you to help support and be supported by!!! ooh sounds yummy a few nuts...i amgoing to try to start adding in a few fats here and there too!!
love ya
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 07:58AM

Yey us! Nuts are good. I really eat a good amount of fat and I lost a LOT of weight and have kept it ALL off.

So here is today:

young coconut

4 asparagus

2 oranges & 1 red bell pepper in blender w/ 1/2 cut up avo inside & cayenne pepper
1/2 avo-just ate it!

salad w/ cabbage, red cabbage, some greens, broccoli, red & yellow bell peppers, onions w/ dressing

I'll probably have a fruit salad @ work tonight or if not, I'll have a salad w/ greens & stuff. I'll probably go for the fruit.

So I rested all day. First time in YEARS I don't have to take ANY meds for the cramps. I LOVE this show called "Big Ideas For A Small Planet". I download it from iTunes. It's from the Sundance Channel. This episode was called "Wear" and was all about sustainable fabrics, designers & recycled fashions. I'm a total fashionista and am totally into green so this show was a Godsend. I am now downloading Storm's film "Breakthrough". You can download it for $10.

I wrote a new song last night. This is the first time in my LIFE that I'm able to write happy stuff, uplifting stuff instead of dumping old or current pain onto a paper. I think it's actually really good and when it's done, it's going on the new album. I'm so excited about the stuff I've been writing! Can't wait to start working on the melodies and arrangements.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 12, 2007 08:34AM

Hey sweetie..yay us for sure!!!! ooh i know i am trying to add more fats in my diet haha i made an avo pudding tonight haha it was good..well actually made it yesterday ate it today haha...so yummy!!! and i am going to add a litle fat here and there and see where that takes me...i was flipping through the stations on tv and saw a little clip of a lady talking about vit c haha..and red and orange bell peppers are the highest amounts you canget!!! so yay you for already doing that!! keep up the good work

oooh i am sooo excited you are writing a new song!! that is excting huh?? amazing keep up the good work hun..and keep resting...i am still up because ihave been reading on reiki..very interested in it...
love ya
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 01:22AM

Cool! Thanks for that. Well, last night I was having a better time singing but was alreaqdy having a hard time by the last set b/c there were people smoking cigars right in front of me. Then I actually went out b/c it was my friend's last night singing @ another hotel and there were people smoking and I had a glass of wine. I don't feel fantastic but I am still ok now and I am drinking water with apple cider vinegar and a little cayenne. I have mixed feelings about having gone out. I want to love and care for myself but I also feel that a part of that is not to isolate myself and to give myself a chance to spend some time with other people. I hate feeling congested and anything less than healthy and vibrant. I have mixed feelings. I just want to be happy & healthy & have a full life. I need to find places to hang out that are healthy.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 13, 2007 01:52AM

Hey there...well i know what you are going through now..that is how i feel..i feel like i want to go out with my friends and be a normal young person..but i want to be healthy and happy and not feeel crummy....but i have to be in less then ideal places with friends if i go out...so i am stuck in the situation too!! i don't know what to do but we got eachother..i think going out once in a while is okay!! and it will be part of life..we can't expect ourselves to be in ONLY ideal healthy places 24/7 or we won't get to experience life and a lot of things that come along with it!! just enjoy the ride and keep it as healthy s possible while still being happy and true to yourself and your needs!!
love ya
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 07:47AM

I have to say a huge THANK YOU, EA. I just started reading that Ann Wigmore book you sent me and it is addressing exactly all the questions that have been coming up for me these days. I am loving and enjoying it and have decided to have no more than one avo per day. I was feeling this intuitively which is why I even posted that topic on the general forum. There were a couple other things too that were intuitively coming up and I just decided INTUITIVELY to pick up the book TODAY and start reading. It is really addressing just the things I needed to hear right now. Thanks so much! I feel like this will make a difference in my results- which really are the bottom line. What's the point of doing this if I don't feel better and see better results? I intend to be vibrant & beaming- not sickly & making excuses about it.

www.inaia.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2007 07:54AM by Inaia.

Date: May 13, 2007 08:29AM

Hey there hun...i am sooo glad the book is helping you out!! that is wonderful news.....and yes i intend to be the best i can be as well and happy and vibrant living life to the fullest!!!! glad we are both ont he track to happiness..i am not going to let the numbers affect me...i will be happywith how i feel!!
yay for us
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 12:51PM

YEY!!!!!! smiling smiley You go girl. You really deserve to be happy NOW.

Today was:
2 oranges
bell pepper
avocado
raw organic honey

raw hummus
salad with cabbage, greens, bell peppers, onions
dressing was apple cider vinegar, cold pressed olive oil, sea salt, cayenne

banana

coconut

banana

According to this book, my fat intake may be causing my mucus problems and could cause colds &b other bigger problems down the line. That's a bit scary. That is why I am comfortable with occasionally eating something cooked-once a week or every two weeks. What I think she is saying is that it is better to eat something healthy and cooked than to eat too much fat just because it is raw. Of course she is advocating the raw food diet but done w/ HEALTH in mind- not just raw for the sake of raw.

Apparently she advocates NO grains. I enjoy the sprouted grains and if I go by what she says about the natural taste of something- then chickpeas that have been soaked taste incredible with absolutely nothing- so not sure what to think there. Also that no condiments at all thing - I don't think I'm into that. We'll see...

I am starting chapter 5 now.

www.inaia.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2007 12:58PM by Inaia.

Date: May 13, 2007 02:06PM

The bookm I'm talking about it 'Raw Secrets' That not by Ann Wigmore. My mistake.

www.inaia.com

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 13, 2007 03:31PM

Hello hello Inaia---been wanting to say hi, and I'm rushing off to work now...but, HI! Been reading all the journals and trying to connect with everyone. I enjoy your posts and think you are doing great.

I thing Raw Secrets is one of the best books around. So much valuable information in there, and a different slant on some things, some very good advice. One of my faves.

This rawfoodism is really an adventure, isn't it? Tweaking here, tweaking there, such a process. Living food, living & changing body and mind...dynamic day to day!

Take good care,

*Elakti

Date: May 13, 2007 10:38PM

Hey sweets..yay you are having a great day!! keep up the ood work!! glad you enjoyed the book!! i sent you the other two as well right?? let me know if not....you can get them as well!!!
have a wonderful day hun..and i think go with what your body says if it is telling you it is alright and feels good do it!!! take care and listen to your body!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 14, 2007 01:46AM

Hi guys. Thanks for the encouragement.

Elakti-nice to hear from you. Thanks for the input. I am enjoying the book for sure.

EA-I'm working on getting better.

I feel like I was fighting off a cold so I wanted to move and get the lymph flowing and also rest. Today I will am being very conscious of my fat intake. Colds is one of the things he said in the book that could happen when you had too many avocados. So from now on- it's one per day for me and more zucchinghetti and salads.

I have also started listening to some radio shows I found linked to Alissa Cohen's website. There are a series that are with her and another lady and some others that the other lady does interviewing different people including one or two with Storm and one or two with Jinjee as well as other people in the raw food movement and in other areas of personal development as well. Very cool. Those radioshows are on [www.celebratingyourpotential.com]

www.inaia.com

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 14, 2007 04:06AM

isn't raw secret by fred patenaude?

if so, it looks interesting
i think i read a little synopsis a while ago

patenaude seems to have a mind of his own
cool

Date: May 14, 2007 04:55AM

Yes it is by him, Veronique.I'm really enjoying it and he does definitely seem to have a unique point of view that comes from his own experience.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 14, 2007 05:32AM

Hey darlin!! yay for another great day for yoU!! and me too!! i have been on cloud 9 today basically because the scale was good to me and i was good to myself..and decided that whatever i am doing may not e showing exactly like i want but hey it is not going up..i am feeling lighter and better so i am oging to keep it up!!
you take care and enjoy that book huN!!!
love always
sache
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 14, 2007 04:13PM

AWESOME!!!! Keep up the amazing work!

I was bad. I had a bunch of cashews @ work after I had already eaten an avocado in the daytime.I refuse to feel guilty. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm gonna be friggin' happy darnit!

www.inaia.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2007 04:25PM by Inaia.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 14, 2007 04:26PM

i posted this in your meeting thread but now sure if you check it often

avocadogirl (im not sure if shes from this forum or another i cant remember but i recall her name lol)

she has a blog though its here avocadogirl.wordpress.com
shes been in japan for a bit (7years) , shes from england i believe

check it out, im sure if you contact her she can give you some info , sounds like shes been there a while now smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2007 04:38PM by Jgunn.

Date: May 14, 2007 04:37PM

Thanks sooooo much, Jodi. I took a quick glance. Going right back to read more. Awesome.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 14, 2007 09:12PM

hey sweets good for you!!! yay Inaia for not feeling guilty..there was no reason to!!! you are doing wonderful and feeling great!! fantastic job....
keep it up hun!!
talk to you soon
love ya sach
xoxoxoxooxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 01:02AM

New morning and here I am. Visualizing and feeling grateful and open. Guilt is a waste of energy- totally useless and suck your energy that you could be using to be & accomplish amazing things.- This is a reminder to myself.

Now on with my day. It's a beautiful day like no other I've ever lived and I intend to make it a great one.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 15, 2007 02:23AM

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.... Just had a YUMMMMYYYY salad.

1avo
3 cherry tomatoes
red cabbage sprouts
broccoli
cabbage
some weird white Japanese vegetable
greens
*I used a cooked dressing of onions

www.inaia.com

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 15, 2007 02:30AM

very cool inaia smiling smiley i hope that she and her sweetie maybe some assistance to you, i bet it be cool to have someone on the same page as you while you visit there smiling smiley

keep me posted about what happens smiling smiley !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 15, 2007 02:55AM

Sounds like you're continuing to do great and you are up up UP!

I think it is interesting that your progress with rawfoodism is being reflected in your songwriting.

Joe Alexander (he wrote an interesting and entertaining book called "Blatant Rawfoodist Propaganda"winking smiley is an artist and he talked about the changes of clarity and vibrancy in his artwork after he was raw for awhile.

Enjoy everything!

Elakti

Date: May 15, 2007 04:04AM

Hi sweets..your salad sounded yummy..hmm interesting dressing just onions???? haha that is cool as long as you loved it!!! take care hun and have a wonderful evening!!! i know this is short but ia m sooo sick right now having some major detox symptoms...so horrible...talk to you soon!
love ya lots
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:07AM

Hey there. Sorry I haven't been on your journal in a really long time. It sounds like you are making some wonderful discoveries about yourself and how you function best which is so exciting. YOur food sounds wonderful too. Just wanted to say hi :-)

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 15, 2007 04:10AM

Haha starfruit you are delaying my resting lol..jj i just text you this..but every time i read the journal you post and i have to go back in and re read smiling smiley
love ya
sorry Inaia to use your diary ahha
love ya
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 04:54AM

Hi guys. YEY! I'm so happy to have all this support.

EA- it was a cooked dressing that I bought that contains onions but also some oil and spices.

JGunn- it will be amazing to have someone else here on the same page as me. I never imagined I would actually find someone. Thanks. smiling smiley

Startfruit- Welcome back! smiling smiley Yeah, I've been through major mental transformations and still am and BOY am I happy and grateful for it.

Elakti- that book sounds SUPER interesting. It is very interesting also hoe wmy songwriting had evolved since I became raw. Kindda nuts! And yes, i am SO up- but not in a peak & fall sort of way. I feel centered and steady & strong and clear. So interesting.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 15, 2007 06:23AM

hey hun..nothing but lots of love and support for you always smiling smiley!!!! hope you have a wonderful day hun ......you sound like you are doing amazing...oh haha i was like a dressing of cooked onions lol i was imagining something totally differnt but i am still it was oniony strong smiling smiley...enjoy sounds good!!!
well i just got out of the bath/shower/ and my reiki attunement..i wasn't really sure if i knew for sure i was done or not but i went with how i felt so i hope it works!!!
i will talk with you soon!
love ya lots
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 15, 2007 11:52AM

My acting is always so much better free and at the same time focused when I'm all raw. I def think it affects art. Really cool. Just wanted to put that out there.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Current Page: 7 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables