Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 16
Re: Starting the journey
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 26, 2007 08:08PM

haha yeah that is good....good for you!!! yay...yeah i was still 80% raw too...but unlike you i am hard on myself...anytime i am not 100% i am NOT raw haha...and that is my mind set!! but you are doing great..keep up the good work and enjoy that sunshine...that is awesome
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Inaia's Raw Journey to an Amazing Life
Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: April 27, 2007 01:24AM

I used to be really hard on myself. I find that it kills my productivity and limits my potential-plus it makes me feel like poo. When I am supportive & encouraging towards myself, I am amazed @ what I accomplish.

(How do I change the name of my Diary as it appears on the forum topic list?)

www.inaia.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 01:31AM by Inaia.

Date: April 27, 2007 04:49AM

hey there..yeah i know what you mean...glad you got it under control though and oding so well!!! keep up the good work.....you can't change the actual name of your diary..once you start it and name it it is that name......sorry...you can change the subject if you want to something else...but it will only appear on that little post not the whole diary...
sorry hun
how was your day??
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Inaia's Raw Journey to an Amazing Life
Date: April 27, 2007 06:22AM

good cardio in the gym. Good "me" time on the elliptical listening to Marianne Williamson and later in the steam room & hot tub alone w/ my quiet mind. Bought some garbanzos & am soaking them now to make hummus later or tomorrow. Can't wait.

www.inaia.com

Posted by: noff ()
Date: April 27, 2007 07:04AM

oooOOOooo hummus. I lived off of it for weeks when I ate cooked. What's your recipe for your hummus? I'm excited for you! hehe

Date: April 27, 2007 07:59AM

hey there..yay for your quiet time tht is awesome!! congrats.....hmm still making that hummus good for you hun...take care have a great day!!!
hey noff..i gave her the receipe for hummus a few pages back...so it should def still be on this journal...i think i posted it like 2 weeks ago or haha or longer time flies you know?? but iti s a really good one i have had rave reviews lol...and if you want one that is lighter i have a zucchini hummus receipe too!! let me know and i can give you that one too
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 27, 2007 04:16PM

Just got home from work. Had some more of that brown rice w/ steamed veggies. It's VERY small but I know- it's cooked! It's the only cooked food I ate. Was handling lots of emotions. Going to go out & get a glass of champagne too- I think. It's 1:10 am but bars here open until 5 am- so 1 drink & then home. It would be better if I had a juicer. I just can't buy one here & take it w/ me. It would cost a FORTUNE and produce here is RIDICULOUSLY expensive too. I don't mind- I mean- I'm worth it to me. At least I have my blender & food processor & can make lots of recipes that way. Tomorrow I'll make hummus. I think I just have been eating thhe same exact things over & over & I need to take some time to find some diff easy recipes I can do here. MY schedule here has just been NUTS! working 6 nights a week & taking 2 classes & staying fit- it's no joke! Will take a day off from teh gym tomorrow to give me some room to breathe & live. Maybe I can buy a jumprope & work out here... Give myself some freedom & variety.

www.inaia.com

Date: April 27, 2007 06:12PM

hey there...i know what you mean about a busy life..that is my life..i always have something going on..it is tough...but it is so worth it to make it work and make time for yourself.....have a wonderful evening and talk with you tomorrow!!! hope you enjoyed that champagne!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 01:03AM

So I had my champagne. I feel good. Been thinking if maybe it's time to strengthen my resolve & commitment to this. I still have been about 85% - 90% raw and I wonder if that's good for me or if I really want to take it to 100% all the time. Maybe this percentage is good but I just want to make sure I only cheat once a week. That's mostly what I've been doing anyway. It was only this week that I ate small cooked items twice. Have stayed stable @ 108 lbs and my energy has been through the roof, the mental clarity is there the skin is still soft & glowing. Not sure right now what the best balance is for me. Just woke up. Still in bed. Going to start my day with some coconut water and ;ater some of that raw hummus. MMMMMM! Thx so much for the recipe, Sachelle.

www.inaia.com

Date: April 28, 2007 01:27AM

OMG! Coconut water is the best! One of the coolest things about being in Tokyo is that I can buy young coconuts in the corner supermarket. That was just what the doctor ordered.

www.inaia.com

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 28, 2007 02:15AM

inaia if you travel alot and feel like having juice ..well smoothie really maybe you should check into getting one of those devices called the magic bullet... its like a mini blender

i have one i keep in my gym bag in the car for those moments when im roadbound and want my liquid fruit veggie fix ..

their quite small, comes with all sorts of accesories that you can take with you or leave at home... kinda gimmicky really but great if yer on the road alot

[www.buythebullet.com]

other then taht i pretty much carry fruit and veggies around in a cotton sack i bought in nepal (ooo pretty colors hehe)

Date: April 28, 2007 02:33AM

Thanks for that, Jgunn. Sounds like a great idea. I am settled -for now- in an apt in Tokyo. I have a blender & a food processor here- but I can't take it with me when I go. I seem to buy blenders wherever I go. This bullet sounds like a much better idea.

Just made the best raw hummmus I ever had! I added extra fresh basil leaves & cayenne pepper. SO good!

Next, I'm going to make a curried carrot soup.

Jgunn- where are you based? How much do you travel? What do you do?

www.inaia.com

Date: April 28, 2007 03:58AM

hey there....yeah that magic bullet is awesome haha i want one so bad for everyday life lol...but that would be cool to have to travel with too!!! hmm i should check into it too

hey good job today you are doing great...good luck on the transition...whatever you feel is rigth for your body is what you should do...you slowly got here and now you are doing great....and if you ar ready moving on is awesome!!
good luck hun
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 04:22AM

im in (just outside of ) Vancouver BC Canada... i travel all over b.c. for adventure mostly when i have a chance .. my sweet hunny bunches yells roadtrip ! every friday afterwork lol

my long distance trips have included 1 year in Nepal, few weeks in thailand, japan and india each respectively.

several trips to hawaii, mexico

daily trips to washington state (part of my job) i work right now helping a friend out doing border brokering shipping stuff in and out of canada

i finished a 3 year massage therapy course in 2006 and do massage on the side untill this contract iwth my friend is done at the end of this year then im gonna concentrate on massage and teaching yoga smiling smiley

the bullet although kinda gimmiky has pulled me out of a crunch a number of times hehe

Date: April 28, 2007 04:23AM

OMG! I made this totally amazing curried carrot & avocado soup. I think all I needed was to get off my butt & make some more recipes. I feel SO much better today energetically, physically & mentally. I think I was just eating too much of the same things, resting on the same recipe or two and a salad I like to buy @ the supermarket on the corner. In the process I was missing some nutrition in the variety and getting bored beyond belief! I feel totally great & totally renewed. That soup was AMAZING and so was the hummus! Thanks for the recipe, BTW.

www.inaia.com

Date: April 28, 2007 04:23AM

hey earthangel maybe you could get with someone else on this sight and get the 2 for 1 deal theyre offering right now smiling smiley

Date: April 28, 2007 06:25AM

hey Inaia....glad you are enjoying the receipes....let me know if you want any more haha..i have a thousand books...but i mostly like to make up my own things..i am collecting receipes right now of my own and going to make them into a living book smiling smiley.....i really want to get into the field of helping others with raw and having support things...of course i will make profit of of things i am sure like the book i want to write...but i want to offer as many free classes like raw prep...and offer my receipe books free to everyone and stuff like that...i think we need to help each other in this world and i want to be able to offer stuff free to others embarking on this life you know?? so i guess i gotta make some to give some....

hmm Jgunn you are right i wonder if ANYONE would like to go in on a bullet....they are the same price as if you would just buy one haha..so we might as well split the cost and each get one!!!! hmm any takers?!?!?!?!
thanks for the idea!!!
take care all
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 28, 2007 07:07AM

EarthAngel, I think you are perfectly suited to make a career out supporting others on the path to raw, vibrant health & well-being. I think you'd amazing @ it! Don't be afraid to make a REALLY good profit @ it either. You & your expertise is worth it! Offering free stuff can be great too-of course. You can create a beautiful balance that makes you feel great, taken care of and like you are sharing something great that you have to offer.
Just my 2 cents. Hope I haven't overstepped my boundaries.
You go girl!

www.inaia.com

Date: April 28, 2007 09:41AM

Hey there...of course not..thanks for your thoughts it helps me...cuz i think that the raw journey is an amazing one and that anyone can do it..but i just don't want to intimidate people or make them think that they have to pay all this money just to learn about it you know??? so that is good keep a center!!! thanks hun!!!
take careand have a good evening...how was the job?
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 01:07AM

Work was good last night. We were having some problems with the sound but fortunately, my guitar player fixed it. I am VERY happy to have a day off today. Happy to get the mental rest from the routine. Maybe I'll go to the park or to the movies, I'll do some reading for my lyric writing class @ Berklee. Not sure if I will try some recipes or if I will juice fast. Unfortunately, I don't know where I could get fresh juice around here though. We'll see. Thinking of trying some wraps like yours.

I ate SO much yesterday! All raw but A LOT! I feel good, though. Just listening to my body. I really love being raw. I wish I knew of other raw people here or just like-minded people. Japanese people-as a general culture- are so rigid and they follow rules blindly whether they make sense or not. That makes me feel confined & imposed upon. I just wish I could meet someone here who feels free- to think & to be. Like me. Just someone who doesn't think I'm insane or just rebellious for having a mind of my own.

www.inaia.com

Date: April 29, 2007 01:11AM

hey there..yay glad he was able to fix it and you had a great night!!!! enjoy your day off today!! you will have fun no matter what you are going to do....don't worry whatever you do will be enjoyable..it will be fun...have a nice relaxing day...and don't worry you don't hae to juice fast if you can't find the juice your body loves lots of raw foods too!!!!
keep up the good work and remember to have fun!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo
P.S. if you are ever in san diego we can hang out and you will have someone who is like minded smiling smiley i am there in spirit and thoughts though
xoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 10:39AM

Thanks for the support. I went to the movies, made some soup, did some reading for my classes & I plan to go to the movies again later.I bought credit on Skype and called some friends in Miami & NY. It was SOOOOOOO awesome to get to talk to friends who know me & love me & whom I love. Started to feel like a real person again.

I was supposed to go to see this salsa band that this guy I met is in but I don't want to go to a club. I just wanna chill & be quiet. I do want to connect with people, very much, yet I'd rather do it in an environment I enjoy. I'm just not feeling it today.

I am thinking of what I really want to create for myself. I want companionship with like-minded people. It's kindda hard to find that in a place that doesn't represent things you enjoy & stand for

I feel good- and I'd like to keep it that way. smiling smiley.

www.inaia.com

Date: April 29, 2007 11:09AM

Hi there...i know what you mean i totally feel ya on the being in an environment you feel comfortable with...i was thinking of that on my way home from the store this evening...i was like it is saturday night and i am hanging out at home..i haven't been out lately or anything because my body and health is so important to me and i want to feel good about whati am doing..and right now a bar/club scene is not my idea of fun i would rather take along shower...a walk on the beach or retreat in my room for some me time...and this has been 2 weeks now haha..but i love it and i totally understand where you are coming from!!!! do what is best for you!! that is what i am learning to do smiling smiley
keep it up hun have a wonderful evening
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 11:35AM

Thanks! I just called him to let him know I wasn't coming. I made myself some veggie wraps since you are always talking about them & they were delicious! Today I also had some blueberries & a banana, I had some of that curried carrot & avocado soup & some of that raw hummus. Feel really good. I actually bought some junk chocolate covered almonds @ the movies & then didn't eat them! Yey me!

Now I'm going out for a walk to the big bookstore & music store that's open 24 hrs and then I may go to the movies or if not, I'll come home & watch some TV show I've downloaded off iTunes. Maybe I'll even write or do some more homework. smiling smiley Music & raw food. How does it get better than that?

www.inaia.com

Date: April 29, 2007 11:55AM

hey there...yay you for real with not eating the junk almonds haha...good job!!! oh how awesome is that to have a 24hr bookstore and music store..i wish we had that..i guess san diego isn't as advanced yet haha or smart!! that is great hun!! enjoy your time out and have fun!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 30, 2007 02:53AM

hey hun...how was your day?? i hope all is well...see you are loving my veggie wraps haha aren't they great haha...i love them...ate some more for lunch today and will probably finish off the stuff for dinner hha...
wel have a wonderful day!!1 take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 30, 2007 03:00AM

JGunn: I hadn't seen your other post! We must've posted @ te same time. That's a lot of traveling! I had done a massage therapy course in FL when I tried to stop singing but as you see-it didn't work. LOL Sounds like you have a loooooooongg commute. How long does it take?

Earthangel: I had a nice time. Bought a jump rope- which I had been wanting for when I don't want to go to the gym. Bought some headphones too b/c my old one had the wires sticking out! The ones I bought are very Japanese. They have rhinestone hearts on the outside. Kawaii!!! ( That means cute)

Been watching a lot of cool videos on a site called Gliving.com. Just staying present & centered. Holding to my faith that there is a path for me to take that will be joyous & prosperous. Doing my best to keep moving fwd.

www.inaia.com

Date: April 30, 2007 04:25AM

Hey hun..you are doing amazing!!!!! keep up the good work....glad to see you are keeping centered and enjoying life and not getting discouraged when you don't find something right away!! that is an awesome way to be and have that peacefulness about you!! keep that up..don't ever lose it....
glad you got your jump rope...i want to get one too but i always one the one with the plastic tubeys on them ahha like when i was in elementary school so it makes that clacking noise on the ground or it isn't jump rope time to me ahah...
enjoy that jump rope it is awesome for your health!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: thinkingraw ()
Date: April 30, 2007 03:56PM

hey! wow, you really do sound like you are doing an amazing job...

i know what you mean about wanting to find like-minded people, and how that can be hard. i'm just at school (definitely not as severe as japan!), but i've been really struggling to find my niche, i guess.

where are the people who like to go to bookstores at all hours of the night instead of going to bars? i feel like it's hard to find people who appreciate the same things i do. but anyway, the point of this was that you're not the only one who feels this way.

gliving.com looks awesome. good luck today. i hope you feel like you are making progress to being prosperous and joyful smiling smiley

Date: April 30, 2007 04:25PM

Thanks you guys! I just got home from my gig. Had an awesome night! Ate a little less today but when I got home I ate 2 small avocados. I'm obssessed with avocados!!!

Thinkingraw: I figure if I keep doing things I love, I'll meet people who are doing the same and who are on the same wavelength. Have made some progress today in the planning of what I am to do & where I am to go after this contract is over. I'm feeling stron & good- mentally & physically.

Thx for the support. smiling smiley Best... Inaia

www.inaia.com

Current Page: 4 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables