Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 16
Re: Starting the journey
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 27, 2007 07:36PM

Hey girl wow what an emotional break through way to go!!! that is so amazing when one can realize why we eat when not hungry or don't....to repress and control something...that is awesome you know that...now you can try to use it...(easier said then done huh? i know haha) well girlie you are doing fantastic...keep up the awesome work!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: March 28, 2007 10:25AM

Thx! I ate pretty much all raw today but a cup of cereal I munched on. Today I just felt like I wanted it and just a little bit- not like I was using it to fill or avoid anything. I am still managing to stay @ about 90% raw- which to me is awesome. i lost 3 lbs too! Yey! I feel present & aware & powerful. How are you, Sachelle?

Date: March 28, 2007 01:26PM

Hmmm... I notice that even if I have a little bit of cooked food- no matter how simple, I get a little bloated for a while. I went to another raw site that has lots of recipes. The more I read the recipes, the more I think that if I can get some appliances in this apt & make some of them, I would easily be 100% raw.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 28, 2007 07:02PM

HI there hun....you are doig amazing keep it up!!! i am good had a tough day yesterday but today is not bad!!!! yeah the receipes are great!!! you should get a few books if you can too!!! appliances probably do help...i don't know all i have is my blender i had before going raw which is the 10 dollar one from walmart or target or something haha....but so far it isn't too bad can't use it to much or it will slow down and quite for a minute haha...
well girl take care and keep up the tremendous work!
love sachelle
xox xooxxoxoxo

Date: March 30, 2007 10:40PM

So yesterday I was about 98% raw. I feel good. It was also my first night on my new gig. It went very well & the hotel & agent were really happy. I am thankful and I look fwd to all the amazing things to come.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: March 31, 2007 12:52AM

Hey there....wow good job...i knew you would have an amazing opening night...and you stayed so raw good for you!!! i am here cheering you on and hoping you have much success
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox
btw i changed my sign in name to earthangel so it's me haha
love ya

Date: April 03, 2007 02:46AM

Right! I was wondering who earthangel was until I saw the signature! Ha! I've been going through some personal drama but I'm better now. I stayed pretty raw throughout. I'm having a cooked meal maybe 1-3 times a week b/c I haven't been able to find raw nuts & seeds or much of a variety of sprouts so I'm eating pretty much tthe same few things and I get a little concerned about getting enough of what I need. I'm also dropping a good amount of weight-which is GREAT! However, I was anorexic many years ago and I do find myself experiencing the euphoric high of the weight loss and of feeling the hunger a bit. I am mostly eating greens, lettuce, avocado, tomato, bell peppers, cabbage, onion, bananas, strawberries & mango.

It would be good if I had some more books & info but it's pretty difficult to find books in English-let alone books in English about raw foods! But who knows. Maybe I'll bump into something somehow.

How are you doing these days?

Date: April 03, 2007 03:12AM

Hello there darlin....well congrats on doing so well through the tough time...i know that is hard and difficult to go through and stay raw!! but good for you!!!! hmm well sprouts are easy if you have a health food store that sells any of the beens to sprout like mung beans are the best and easiest to sprout...they are so yummy in soups...alone in salads, or smoothies...i love them wih dry mustard powder and braggs mixed and ontop of the sprouts soooo yummy...it taste sooo good yum yum....yeah i still get the high fromthe weight loss or when i feel "thin" on a day or so...i try everything to eat the same thing for the next few days so i don't lose that feeling but i am getting over that.....
you are eating a good variety in your diet from what you listed...sounds yummy!!! i have been trying to include one avo a day in my diet to help with fat loss i was told so i am trying it...so far so good..
anyways take care hun...and good luck finding books i bet it is difficult....hmm maybe order then online and have them sent to you!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 03, 2007 03:57PM

Thx for the encouragement. I did find some red cabbage sprouts & broccoli sprouts & bean sprouts today in the market I've been going to. Guess I hadn't really been looking very carefully. Now all I need is some raw nuts & seeds & a blender so I can make some recipes. Was about 95% raw today. Yey! Ready to wind down & go to bed soon.

Date: April 04, 2007 02:17AM

hey there...well good for you finding more things smiling smiley see sometimes you just have to really keep your eyes peeled haha...good for you...well good luck have a wonderful night and sweet dreams
have a wonderful raw day tomorrow
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 04, 2007 04:04PM

Thx, Sachelle- really.

YEY!!!!!!!!! I got a food processor & a blender today. I am so excited to start trying some recipes.

Date: April 04, 2007 05:55PM

Hey there....anytime smiling smiley....yay you....you got some good tools i am sure that is going to help you so much on your raw journey over there now!! good luck and have lots of fun with your awesome new tools!!! let us know how it goes
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 05, 2007 03:43PM

I bought garbanzo beans today! I'm hoping to learn how to sprout them & then look up a recipe for raw hummus.

Been a long day.Today they messed up @ my work & made me a plate of steamed vegetables- so I ate them 'cause I was hungry. The chef was also so sweet & well-intentioned too. He was like "I thought you would prefer something hot".It made me kindda dissapointed 'cause I've been so good and I've explained so many times. I'm a little frustrated but not too much. I think they have it now- I hope & pray- @ least.

Date: April 06, 2007 05:04AM

hey there sunshine......well let see if i can help you out with the raw hummus receipe smiling smiley
1 c. chick pea sprouts
Juice of 1 lemon or lime (I prefer lime)
2 T. fresh orange juice
1 clove garlic
2 T. raw tahini
Optional seasonings: ground cumin, spike or sea salt to taste, chives, paprika, cayenne pepper

Blend all of the ingredients. Add water to thin to desired consistency.

hmm well i have found it best with chick peas to soak overnight and then use them for the hummus...some people recommend a few days or whatever...but myself and some others find it best to soak overnight and use them....that is your best bet....it tastes the best.....you can also use braggs to taste if you want......i also like to get creative sometimes with my hummus and make a chiptole or italien hummus...put some fresh basil, and tomatoes chopped and seeded int here with some italien oregano and spices yum yum...or use some paprika with hot peppers...not to much though haha....hmm well i hope this helps you not have to search and get creative with it....enjoy and good luck
keep up the awesome work!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 08, 2007 12:44AM

Thanks SOOOOO much for this! I tried this yesterday and it was delicious! I am going to try again today w/ some extra spices I didn't use yesterday. I am also going to try a carrot curry soup I saw on another website. It's my day off so I'm excited to spend some time reading & trying some new recipes. I bought a bunch of e-books from Storm & Jinjee that I'm excited to start reading. I am also looking fwd to going to Yoyogi park to play drums & play Cpoeira. It's a huge park here in Tokyo where people go on Sundays & play music, dance, do Capoeira, play drums, do magic... you name it- they do it there on Sundays.

How are you?

Date: April 08, 2007 03:24AM

They Sprouted!!!!!!! I left the left over chick peas aside to make some more hummus today & when I went over I saw they all had little tails. I was so excited. I had read a thread here where someone was saying how difficult garbanzos were to sprout & that someone else's were all stinky & rotting and stuff. So seeing mine do well & taste awesome is so awesome! I made a second batch of hummus today and added some fresh basil leaves and it was fabulous! I am feeling so good on this diet. I haven't even thought of cooked food for days. Everything tastes so good and my stomach looks flat & my abs are starting to show, my skin looks great, I can breathe so freely and I have so much energy. This is getting exciting. I started reading Storm's book: 'The Anti Aging Diet'. I am learning So much in just the first page! Yup. It's getting exciting. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2007 03:25AM by Inaia.

Date: April 08, 2007 03:25AM

hey there...glad you liked the receipe...glad to help you out....you soundl ike you are doing great as usual smiling smiley....keep it up....hmm that sunday thing in the park sounds fabulous...i wish they had something great like that here....oh well i guess i can't complain san diego has a lot of neat stuff still smiling smiley.......
hmm i great today had my raw food potluck and getting ready for the big easter sunday tomorrow by myself since my family is so far away i am sad about that...but i stocked up on some yummy raw food for tomorrow....so it is already prepared from the raw store here...i am excited even got a treat smiling smiley
take care and let me know if there are any other receipes or items you would like to use somehow i can always look it up..i have a trillion raw books!!
love earth angel
happy sunday!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 08, 2007 03:26AM

hey there...well looks like we posted at the same time haha....good for you sounds like the hummus and chickpeas are great!!!! congrats that is such an awesome feeling being able to sprout something to me as well!!!
well keep up the great work and enjoy that book!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 09, 2007 01:01AM

LOL- about us posting @ the same time. Yesterday being my day off, I went for a 3 hr walk in the afternoon. I stayed close to my area instead of going to Yoyogi Park. I was just enjoying spending time alone listening to Marianne Williamson & music & reading & signing up for some new courses @ Berklee College of Music online this semester & talking to my Mom & some friends on Skype...I went to a little organic health food store I remembered and I found Lara Bars! First time I ever see them in Japan. Needless to say, I bought some. smiling smiley I also spent the day trying out some recipes. I made that carrot, avocado curry soup and it was delicious. I also spent some more time reading some of my new books by Storm & Jinjee and totally learned and enjoyed myself.

How was your raw potluck & Easter?

Date: April 09, 2007 05:21AM

awesome awesome...you had a great day!!! keep up the good work..... smiling smiley....oh good lara bars area great quick raw fix...when you need something fast and now you can open it up and there it is haha.....hmm sounds like you are doing well...i made a yummy little veggie platter today and took a pic i am going to try to add them on here so everyone can see it haha...and i took some pics of me along the way so i am hoping these turn out too so i can post them!!!
well take care and keep up the good work
oh hey by the way i know you said you bought the ebooks of storm and jinjee's did you get one that has any mention of weight gain healthy that is?? i really need it for a friend and i thought if you already had it if you can email it to me i would be forever grateful...i have ann wigmore's why suffer ebook i could send you or the raw secrets 2 or i can send them both to you just cuz.....well let me know
thanks hun
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: April 09, 2007 07:45AM

Sure. Sounds good. I have one called: Raw Vegan Body-Building Muscle Mass. Is that something like what you are looking for?

Date: April 09, 2007 08:07AM

hmm that would be interesting...but the ones hmm i am not sure if that is it or not...i am not sure which book it is in...bryan said it was in a book on healthy weight gain...i have a friend who desperately needs it...she is losing weight and has an eating disorder past and things are starting to come back up that she is thinking of giving up raw even though she loves it so i am trying to help her...hmm well send me your email and i will send you the two ebooks i have!!!! let me know
love earth angel
oh my email is under my profile if you just click on my name smiling smiley
thanks

Date: April 09, 2007 04:03PM

Yeah. I think this is the one. It has a bunch of recipes in it for putting on weight- I think. Ididn't read through it yet. I'll send it to your e-mail.

Date: April 09, 2007 04:09PM

Check your email. Hope it helps. You can just respond to mine if you like w/ your stuff.

I had a glass of champagne tonight. How bad is that? Other than that, I've been 100% raw for the past week or so.

Date: April 10, 2007 05:18AM

yay you!!! you are doing so well congrats..hmm i know most raw is wine...oops haha i totally didn't mean that i meant most wine is raw lol....so that is probably close lol smiling smiley good for you oh well it is one glass and it is still an awesome week for you!!!
thank you i will check my email and i will send my two books
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 11, 2007 02:46AM

Thx! smiling smiley Got your e-mail. I'll find a way to do that. Just started 2 new classes @ Berklee so I've been busier now than before. I did remember about wine- so last night, when a customer wanted to buy me a drink I got a glass of red wine. I did have some cashews that were probably not raw but I was so hungry and it was the best I could find but I was still at least 90% raw- which is more than I expected to be doing. I've been 100% for days- maybe even a week and I am having very minimal amounts of cooked if anything at all- so I'm feeling pretty good. Chatting w/ you and visiting other sites had helped TREMENDOUSLY. it's been much easier than I though it would be.

Date: April 11, 2007 06:10AM

hey hun....well thank you so much for formatting that for me.....and enjoy the 2 books i sent you!! if i come across any others i will be sure to send them your way.....glad that i could help with you and your raw journey and be there for support.......yay red wine haha...i bet it was yummy and a treat for ya...a.nd don't worry i think and the way i look at it is...it is still vegan and it is still a WHOLE food...yeah it is a little cooked so you lost some enzymes but hey you didn't eat something full of junk or processed and all out of it's natural state so that your body is working so hard to figure out what it is and what to do with it..it knows oh okay this is a cashew we are going to work a little harder cuz it doesn't have lots of enzymes but we can handle this!!! so look at it that way....smiling smiley
good luck and keep doing so fantasitc so proud of ya and happy for ya!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 12, 2007 06:02AM

hi there how was your day??? hope it was great...how are things in japan??? anything new and exciting today?? well take care and hope to hear from ya soon
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: April 12, 2007 03:58PM

Hi! smiling smiley Had a really nice day and a great night @ work. Had an easy day where food is concerned. I'm not even tempted to eat anything cooked. Healing emotionally from the events of two weeks ago. Moving fwd, feeling pretty good yet not sure of what I'm moving fwd into- but I'm ok with that. What about you?

Date: April 13, 2007 05:30AM

hey there darlin!! awesome awesome day!!! so happy for you!! you are doing so great with the raw thing and not having cravings and giving in...hmm not knowing what you move into next is fine...that is the exciting part it could be anything awesome new and exciting!!!!!
good luck and have a great day!!!
i had a good day too thank you for asking!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Current Page: 2 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables