Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 1 of 13
Another 7 Weeks Raw
Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 11, 2007 03:19PM

Who's ready?

Here's how it works: Starting Monday, August 13th, make a commitment to eating as much raw plant food as you are ready for and then join everyone else here who has made their own personal commitments for support, encouragement, and challenge.

The only requirement for participating on this thread is that you MUST post your daily diet: breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. You may do this every morning (in which case you'll be posting the meals of the day before), or last thing at night. In doing so, you will be helping others in getting a handle on what to eat and when, as well as providing yourself with a daily reminder of your own commitment and your accountability to the group. There were a couple of occasions in which just thinking about posting a certain food prevented the individual from eating it...hey, what ever works.

Please take a minute over the weekend to sign up here on this thread if you wish to participate. Let us know what your goals are (I'm going for 100%), what is motivating you to eat more raw plant foods (I'm using the Raw Spirit Fest as incentive these days) and anything else you'd like us to know about yourself.

Remember, there are no dietary rules here. No percentages of raw, no percentages of fat, no fruit versus veggie debates. No criticism of anyone elses' process either. Helpful advice and suggestions only, please.

If anyone is interested in how this all works out on paper so to speak, check out the first "7 Weeks All Raw" thread in the archives.

looking forward,

khale

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another 7 Weeks Raw
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 11, 2007 03:56PM

i`m in....don`t know what percentage yet....maybe 100 but with work starting up and the potlucks and stuff it`s gonna be tough.
patty

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 11, 2007 04:48PM

I'm in...still aiming at 100% raw.

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: August 12, 2007 01:05AM

I'd like to join you guys. I'm only 1 week in, so this sounds like the perfect motivator up to the 2 mo. mark. My goal is 100%...

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: August 12, 2007 02:05AM

i am ready to again start my journey. after spending the 8 of the last 14 days in the hospital with my man(severe leg injury), i kinda fell off track. i was about 75% raw, but I found my self at 3 in the morning eating nasty sh*t....
i'm ready though o get back on track... i fell sick to my stomach now...
good luck to all.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 12, 2007 06:13AM

Hi Khale,

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in! 100%!

I'll try to do better this time separating breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack. Sometimes I can't tell the difference myself though! Maybe I can do AM and PM.

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: August 12, 2007 07:14AM

it sounds rad.
i'm in 99-100% as well!

i just started out 3 or 4 weeks ago and am feeling major benefits now. there's no going back for me!!

Date: August 12, 2007 02:38PM

Good, good. We've got a strong group together all ready. I'm so blessed.

There's plenty of time to climb aboard for all of you who are hesitating.

Remember, there is no pressure here. We are only here to offer one another support, encouragement, and gentle suggestions to help you make this work for YOU, so don't be shy.

khale

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 12, 2007 05:44PM

Ok, I'm in. Although I've stayed 100% raw for a straight 7 days as the longest since going off high raw, I really want to strive for high raw and a few 100% raw days a week thrown in.

I've been doing that parasite and worm cleanse and really feeling the benefits, that I might do a monthly maintainence once this big one is over. It's a great time to strive to up my raw %. Oh..maybe I'll take daily pics of myself..see if that helps with motivation.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: August 12, 2007 06:05PM

Asking if I could please join again. Am struggling at the moment recovering with anorexia. But, I am ready and willing to try.

Would like in. Have a fridge full of produce and hoping to try to start eating again. Where theres a will theres a way.

Thank you

Raw_dancer

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 12, 2007 08:45PM

Kisses and hugs to rawdanceruk:

X O X O X O X O X O X O X O X O X O X O X O X O X O X O X O!

Posted by: knownalien ()
Date: August 12, 2007 10:39PM

count me in, but i may not be able to break it into breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I officially started 8/11 (saturday).

Saturday I cosumed the following (mostly organic)

1 whole radish, 2 large white mushrooms, one large tomato with fresh uncut leaves of basil atop them, 3 large asparagus spears, 1 large avocado, one large carrot, 2 potato madallions, a few bites our of a yellow bell pepper, 2 stocks of green bean (though I became to suspect them as they were not organic), and a lump of broccoli.

Sunday I consumed the following: 1st meal - about a cup of red grapes, 3 straberries, and a nectarine. 2nd meal - 2 avocados, one tomato with basil (olive oil added), one whole carrot, 2 large white mushrooms, one lupm of cauliflower, one madallion of a red potato

I just two days I feel like I am detoxifying my body and a feel very alert.

p.s. when I use salt I use Celtic Sea Salt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2007 10:41PM by knownalien.

Posted by: Asnerek ()
Date: August 12, 2007 10:43PM

Oh, me me me!
I'm in!
Perfect timing. I need accountability.
I have been 100 percent raw for about five months now. The issue I am working on right now is letting go of nuts more. I am eating way too many, and not losing any weight.
Plus, I have been going all day and then eating too much at once for dinner.
So, hopefully posting all meals will get me to eat all meals, lol.
Love,
Kerensa

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere...they are in each other all along
Rumi

Date: August 12, 2007 11:38PM

I understand that breakfast, lunch and dinner are not what they used to be...and thank goodness for that eh? Sometimes, if I'm having melon or a large smoothie, my "breakfast" may extend way past noon and often my "lunch" may not happen until most people are thinking "dinner", so these distinctions are arbitrary really and only used as universal concepts. There are two main reasons that I ask everyone to post their daily food intake.

The first reason is to assist you in observing yourself; the second reason is for the benefit of those new to raw foods who don't know where to begin in preparing meals for themselves. Accountability to the group is, of course, another reason, but not as important as the other two, imo.

I'm really excited to see such a large group forming! In my personal situation I'm the only person I know outside of Pakd4fun who is eating raw and so its very helpful to have this support and companionship for encouragement. I'm sure one or two of you are in the same boat.

see you all tomorrow, if not before...

khale

Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: August 12, 2007 11:48PM

I'm in, too.

My goal is 100% raw, and 90% living.

-Smile

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:05AM

I just wrote the perfect post. I spent so long on it and I am so tired. I have been up since 2:30 am. I am in. I will try to recreate my goals and motivations, I had so perfectly written, tomorrow.

Great to see all you guys!!!

Rawdanceruk-YAY YAY!! I was thinking about you yesterday afternoon. I was sending out positive vibes to you. Did you feel them?

One thing I like about posting food is seeing how diversified everyones diet is. It is like religion, one size does not fit all.

Date: August 13, 2007 11:18AM

Good morning and congratulations for choosing to make the decision to feed yourself the most living, vital, and nourishing food on the planet!

I am so pleased to be in your company.

This morning at 4:00 I was awakened by a deep, burning pain in my back that began Saturday afternoon, with only brief periods of let-up since then. It is very difficult to sit comfortably or to lie down in any position other than flat on my stomach - a posture I'm not accustomed to sleeping in, and I have already run the gamut of emotions with anger predominating. How dare my body interfere with my plans!

Then it dawned on me: I have not been "in" my body. This may sound like a total contradiction coming from one who has just initiated a thread dedicated to eating the most physically nutritious food available, but it is true nonetheless. My mind or intellect or even spirit, if you will, has been choosing for my body; my body has had no say, or very little. Those of you who have suffered dismorphia or other disorders related to caring for your body will likely know exactly what I mean.

Physical pain preempts the will; the spirit may indeed have wings but the body in pain will pull it down to earth again. I am reminded of an alchemical illustration which showed an eagle chained to a land animal. Alchemical transformation, or indeed any transformation, must acknowledge the body as the vessel of transformation. We do well to acknowledge this "limitation"; to learn to love our bodies and to handle them gently, with respect and love; to give our bodies nourishment from plants, from clean air, from sunshine, from movement and from loving touch. Our bodies are not nourished by food alone, although food is foundational and extremely important, but by the energies with which we surround ourselves, and by love maybe most of all.

Be gentle with yourself today and with your body. Use persuasion instead of force and take the time to listen to what your body is communicating. Savor your food and enjoy the sensual pleasures of nourishing yourself in every way that you can.

and send a little healing energy my way ; )

khale

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:44PM

Khale...sorry you're in pain. I pray you feel better soon! Just curious why you chose "7" as the number of weeks for this challenge???

Posted by: sunrise ()
Date: August 13, 2007 02:28PM

This sounds great! Count me in...if it's not too late!.
My goal is to be 80-100% raw.
I want to be raw to lower blood pressure, gain energy and get the glow.

Sunrise

Date: August 13, 2007 02:30PM

Rumi says...
"Learning anew ~ well, at the very first — almost everyone must be bound and dragged here. Only a very few really come entirely on their own.

Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshipper, lover of learning, lover of leaving, It doesn't matter — ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, come even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, come yet again, come."

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 13, 2007 02:52PM

Sorry for your back troubles and pain Khale! Sending healing vibrations your way!

I have all my fruits and veggies needed for most of my week..so I'm ready to start! I'll post at the end of the day, what I ate.

Good luck to all who are here!

Love,
Prism

Date: August 13, 2007 02:58PM

Islandgirl: The number "7" contains some personal resonance for me from a numerological perspective, but mostly 7 weeks allows for a certain completion of process. The first through third weeks are usually taken up with mundane matters of learning to shop, to prepare meals, to getting used to eating this way. By the fourth week some disenchantment or boredom may set in; some craving for old foodstuffs, some old habits rearing up. The fifth week is usually pivotal wherein individuals deepen their commitment or fall out altogether. The sixth week will typically usher in a sense of balance and harmony and a certain ease and the seventh will then bring a sense of victory and self-mastery in which the individual experiences this way of eating as natural for them. This is all, of course, not written in stone and the process is different for each one of us. But this was my thinking in choosing 7 weeks duration.

I hope that it works well for you,

khale

Posted by: Asnerek ()
Date: August 13, 2007 04:56PM

Today I will have a few dates for lunch.
Dinner will be a big green kale salad with tomatoes and cucumber.
Yummy!
Plus, I will be doing an hour of yoga tonight, after the children are in bed.
Have a great day, all.
Kerensa

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere...they are in each other all along
Rumi

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 13, 2007 06:58PM

I am gonna scream. I am having so much trouble staying online. I just rewrote my goals and motivations and got kicked off and lost it. AAARRRRGH!!!

I will try again later. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with this. I am really trying.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 13, 2007 07:07PM

what if you type it in a document and copy and paste it to the forum? you should have enough time to copy and paste vs thinking and typing as you go along.
patty

Date: August 13, 2007 07:22PM

well i'll tell ya what pakd4fun, even without the goals and motivations i am just pleased as punch to have u with us. and since you've tried twice to post your motivations i know that none of us here have any doubts whatsoever that you are motivated. and i'm also sure (and I'm speaking from experience here)that both times you wrote more brilliantly then you ever have because otherwise you wouldn't have lost it. am i right? ; )

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: August 13, 2007 07:40PM

Thank you pad4fun I am feeling the positive vibes totally!

Managed to eat some grapes today, so quite proud..although it seems a silly thing!.. tommorow going to try some other things smiling smiley

Thank you all , and khale for this thread..again!

Posted by: sunrise ()
Date: August 13, 2007 10:48PM

August 13th -

Breakfast/lunch - apple, banana, a few handfuls of natural almonds, a rawfood bar (chocolate raspberry) 2 herbal teas. Water

Dinner - a huge smoothie consisting of four peaches, two bananas and four dates, water (I have another glass leftover for tomorrow's breakfast) plus a dehydrated seaweed cracker

* If I am hungry later I will eat a tomato
Maybe I will have another herbal tea...

That's it for today...have a great evening everyone! I am looking forward to reading your posts to inspire me for tomorrow.

Sunrise

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: August 13, 2007 11:25PM

I'm in....this is really cool. UM, I will however be on vacation with my family/parents/brothers/sisters for 10 days coming up, so may not get to the computer daily during that time as our location is remote....also will be different to be posting my daily routine then since family always presents a certain amount of compromise on my part: big family reunion in the mtns with tons of drinking, meat eating, etc....anyhow- looking forward to the next 7WKS!!

b-fast: lemon water.....later, vitamineral green & water
lunch: coffee with honey & soymilk
dinner: green smoothie:water, VMG, green leaf lettuce, daikon, ginger, mango, yellow plums, mint, flax seed, sea salt

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: August 13, 2007 11:43PM

I forgot to state my motivation and goals. I've been increasing my rawness for about 8months now....spiraling around with it...learning about stuffing my emotions and tendencies towards self crticism, etc. Now pretty much in celebration mode. My primary goal is radiance and living my life rather than hiding from it. I find that although I'm ok with the idea of being 80-90% raw, I feel sort of stagnant there. I'll be reaching for 100%. I do take Vitamineral Green (VMG) and include this as a raw item & since speaking with the guy who designed it about his practices, I feel good about it. I don't have a dehydrator or juicer.
peace
Venusian

Current Page: 1 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables