Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 13 of 13
Re: Another 7 Weeks Raw
Posted by: khale ()
Date: September 19, 2007 01:25AM

I'm glad that your "almost tuna" was good Pakd4fun...I'll have to try that one.

The funniest thing: I dreamt last night that George Clooney came up to me in a crowd and asked if I had picked up some weight. haha!

hope you guys are doing well,

khale

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: September 19, 2007 11:38AM

Hi all
Ive had a couple of days of detox to deal with again, severe headaches, nausea etc and im fine again this morning.
First thing this morning my daughter commented on how well i looked and how chirpy I was. She said that my voice sounded sort of calm and energetic!

At my belly dancing class this morning, my instructor commented on how blue and clear my eyes were.

AND IM FEELING SO GOOD!!!!
I feel like im really back on track.
I feel at ease with this way of eating again. It no longer feels like im struggling. Im just doing it.

AM Pineapple
lunch bananas (4)
Snack nuts
Pm large salad 1/2 avocado tomatoes
lots of water felt dehydrated.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: September 19, 2007 01:12PM

I had chips, rice and beans last night and it did not feel good. I felt like I had a brick in my tummy when I went to bed. I was full of energy until I ate that then I had to lay on the couch and couldn't even clean the kitchen. I would say it wasn't worth it but then I think "worth what?" the flavor? Raw food is much more tasty and and easier to swallow. I am full of mucus this AM and I don't think I will be wanting cooked for a good while.

So great for you Loretta. How can we possibly go back to cooked when it is so obvious we are on the road to health, so obvious that others comment.

yesterday I ate:

-tea*
-carrot, apple, beet and ginger juice
-mung bean sprouts and mushrooms marinated in Annie's mushroom dressing*
-tea*
-wildrice* with black beans* covered in raw vegies (avo, carrots, zucchini, onion, bell pepper, celery) and tortilla chips*

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: September 19, 2007 08:03PM

Yesterday got back on track to 100%...

AM: Juice - apple, pear, cucumber, ginger

LATE LUNCH: salad w/ mache, romaine, shiitakes, gorgeous heirloom tomatoes from the farmer's market, cauliflower, cucumber, basil, 1/3 avocado, olive oil & lemon dressing

SNACK: dried strawberries

DINNER: baby carrots, grapes, cucumber, figs

SNACK: Chocolate "milk" - banana, cacao, maca, almond butter, vanilla, nutmeg, water, over ice.

Pakd4fun: Isn't that question of something being "worth it" funny? It's such a trade off. Tastes amazing now...but feels awful almost immediately after. If only the effect didn't by definition come after the cause, cooked would never have a chance! My roommate, boyfriend & I all have a motto now... "nothing tastes as good as looking good feels."

Of course, feeling good & having enegry are in there too, but vanity seems to be the strongest motivation right now, HA. Repeat, ad nauseum, when staring at the bread basket/pasta/burrito/cheesecake/whatever.

Date: September 20, 2007 09:26PM

Hey Ashcat

I'm going to take your motto and place it on my fridge door
I love it

"nothing tastes as good as looking good feels."
fantastic!

pakd4fun, your right,
How can we possibly go back to cooked when it is so obvious we are on the road to health, so obvious that others comment.

still feeling good.
10am whole Pineapple
4pm green smoothie. Banana spinach ice mango 2 oranges (juiced)
9pm large salad tomatoes blended dressing with a little oil.
Drinks water and very diluted citrus fruit juice.

I just have so much energy and i also find it easy to sleep.
When i have been raw in the past (eating gourmet or the low fat no fruit) i have experienced problems with energy/ mood swings and sleeping difficulties. Eating mainly fruit appears to really suit me.

Date: September 20, 2007 09:49PM

"nothing tastes as good as looking good feels."
fantastic!

YES!!!

I Love it!!!

I would feel this way even more if I wasn't sick.

I also love how good I look in clothes now. I can enjoy shopping again.

Yesterday I had:

-tea*
- small banana and blueberry smoothie (not enough bananas
-I was so hungry and was in the store trying to wait til I got home but needed a pickle so bad. I couldn't find any natural ones so I broke down and bought and ate del dixie pickles. my mouth is still watering.
-raw vegetable soup
-save the salmon fingers with relish (cukes, tomatoes, olives and red bells) and creamy cilantro dipping sauce (avo, lemon, cilantro and thinned with water)
-tea*

Date: September 21, 2007 01:42AM

I'm glad the motto's catching on! Love it!

As for me, I guess my big news is that I finally joined a gym. I can't really afford it, but my physical therapist (for my knee) badgered me into it. I couldn't really argue with her "do it or never walk right again" logic.

I'm actually pretty excited. I was very active back in NYC (running in the park, cardio at the gym, bikram yoga), and MAN does it feel good to break a sweat again! On top of that, I actually feel good about myself when I'm there. I used to be the girl with two towels on in the steam room - I wasn't heavy, exactly, just never particularly comfortable with my body. Now I'm in LA surrounded by what are obviously actress and model types (as well as the most ridiculously buff gay men EVER, welcome to West Hollywood), and I don't feel self-conscious at all! Like the motto goes...

Anyway, today has been 100% so far:

AM: Smoothie - banana, mango, mejools, spinach, maca, e3live, water, ice

LUNCH: Salad - mache, romaine, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, shiitakes, thyme, honey/lime/evoo dressing, with 1/2 an avocado on top

SNACK: couple of dried turkish apricots, Little bit of a smoothie I made for the BF w/ banana, mango, tangerine, hemp & flax protein, honey, water, ice.

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: September 21, 2007 03:27AM

HI everyone!!

i've been staying totally raw and not even wanting cooked food anymore. not since i made myself sick before.

breakfast: 2 kiwis, 1 apple, 1 nectarine, 2 bananas, some dates & pecans(mmmm).

lunch: bowl of vegetable soup (carrot, cucumber, celery, onion, sage leaves, garlic ,lemon juice, olive oil, salt, water) and apple salad in almond ginger cream that i made.

dinner: didn't have one.

we got new systems put in at work today and it was a nightmare i got so stresed out that i am concerned now becuse i have severe pains in my stomach that make me barely able to breathe and i cant eat. i tired to eat half a nectarine at dinner but couldnt do it and havnt eaten since noon and it's 10:30pm. oh well. i jsut don't know what to do to be better again that's all.

and everytime i get stressed it's like i put all the weight of it on my body because i dont know how else to deal with it. so i get bad physical symptoms of stress. goodnight everyone.

Date: September 21, 2007 01:30PM

ooh. Not good stress managment. I think I would make it a priority to deal with that. Practice relaxation techniques. Try to put whatever you're stressinhg over into perspective. In a year will you even remember it? Will it be some great trajedy in the book of your life? It sounds like you are using your stress sensors before they are necessary. Try to think of situations where they will be necessary, like coming up on a terrible accident on the road or your mom visiting smiling smiley. Tell yourself those are situations where I will use this but not now. Go to the bathroom for a short meditation when it gets away from you. Good luck!

Date: September 21, 2007 02:14PM

thankyou pakd4fun. i will try this!

Date: September 21, 2007 08:36PM

Ashcat ur motto is on the fridge door!

applebaby have you thought about EFT? (simple and effective)

[www.tapping.com]

breakfast whole pineapple
lunch salad
snack 2 passion fruits
evening large salad with sweetcorn, blended dressing.
I had a couple of squares of vegan chocolate today. It was so sweet.

I have decided that i need to buy a vitamix. I have a birthday coming up so maybe i can 'swing it'.I have been putting it off for three years. Its another thing I'm just going to have to do. £400 is a lot of money to spend on a blender. Hope its worth it!

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 21, 2007 08:51PM

Yeah for EFT! I love the tapping too, Lorretta. Another website is www.emofree.com. They have a free manual on how to do EFT.

Yeah, I finally broke down and invested in a good blender (I got a Blend-tec). Check out the Juicing, Juicers, Blending, and Blenders forum to help you pick the right one. I like the fact that the Blend-tec is shorter than the Vitamix and fits on my counter better. But, I wish I had one with a tapper. I've seen Shazzie on youtube use a blender with a tapper and that would be nice.

Date: September 22, 2007 01:46AM

Yesterdays foods are lost to me. Today has been really good. I craved sunflower seeds and red bell pepper today.

I ate:

-tea*
-raw cereal with almond milk (cut up apples, bananas, grapes, dates and raisins on buckwheat crispies) So yummy
-grapes, grapes and more grapes
-corn salad ( corn cut from the cobb, red bells, red onion, left-over avo-cilantro dipping sause) so yummy. We wanted more but ran out sad smiley
-Khale's raw tabouli (sunflower seeds, pine nuts, tumeric, curry, olive oil, lemon, cukes, tomatoes and lemon juice) served on a bed of spinach. So yummy
-tea*

I have had some great food today and was craving the tastes and smells of raw food. I felt light and happy. We opened the windows and there is dry, fresh air breezing through. I love Autumn. I really feel like I spoiled myself.

Good night guys!!

Date: September 22, 2007 03:48AM

i had a much better day today and tried my best to stay calm at all times.

am: some watermelon, a little pamino melon, 1 banana, some grapes, strawberries.
snack: banana, watermelon.
lunch: small salad, banana, apple, some almonds.
dinner: banana, 3 strawberries, some grapes, 2 kiwis.

havn't felt like eating much else but fruit the last couple days. mmmmmm !!

i don't have a scale but i probably lost like 7lbs since last weekend when i ate cooked food. maybe more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2007 03:49AM by applebaby.

Date: September 22, 2007 05:50AM

Loretta, it's on my fridge too!

AM: Smoothie - banana, mango, tangerine, dates, spinach, maca, e3live, water, ice

LUNCH: veggie summer roll w/ avocado, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, wrapped in tapioca paper (not raw, but I didn't eat all the wrapper, just took a few bites, then pulled out the filling) w/ sweet chili dipping sauce.
Also, 1 raw taquito w/ mango salsa

PM: spinach/broccoli/corn soup (modified spinach soup from Juliano's book) - w/ a few raw veggie/flax crackers. Also, tomatoes w/ basil, celtic salt, lemon & evoo, and grapes

Did 45 min on the elliptical this afternoon. Will probably eat another smoothie or another taquito (or both!) later. Gotta find a way to eat more without seriously upping my fat...

Applebaby, the weight comes off fast, doesn't it? On the one hand, I've never been one of those people who can eat 4 or 5 bananas in one sitting. On the other, my size 25 jeans are getting a bit loose, so I've gotta do something. Sigh. Hopefully some cardio & weight training will help me put on some muscle.

Happy weekend everyone!
AshCat

Date: September 22, 2007 11:55AM

Interesting.

I've been encountering synchronicities frequently lately. Just yesterday morning I spent a little time researching "energy tapping", a subject new to me which I encountered in one of my book catalogues recently.

So, this technique actually works?

khale

Date: September 22, 2007 01:02PM

khale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting.
>
> I've been encountering synchronicities frequently
> lately. Just yesterday morning I spent a little
> time researching "energy tapping", a subject new
> to me which I encountered in one of my book
> catalogues recently.
>
> So, this technique actually works?
>
>
>

It works for me.
I was skeptical at first, but i just tapped the skepticism away!

I have taught this technique to lots of people over the years. Its very simple and very effective. You just have to do it. Let go and trust and it all falls into place.

Happy tapping!!!

Date: September 24, 2007 03:31PM

It's the last week guys!!! Is anyone still here? I am so happy with how I have done. Before this seven weeks I was staying high raw but the stuff that wasn't raw was total crap. Last Saturday I decided to try my favorite crap, Mexican food. It was terrible. It tasted good and I was okay for a few hours then i got intensely nauseous for several hours. I wanted to puke but couldn't. I never want to go through that again. I wish cleaning yourself out didn't mean never having junk again but I guess it does, for me anyway.

Khale came over yesterday and we had a lovely visit. She looks healthy and beautiful.

yesterdayI ate:

-tea*
-3 bananas
-pineapple
-marinated vegetables (one of my favs) [www.fromsadtoraw.com]
-ceasar salad
-popcorn* with flax oil and salt (tastes like movie popcorn)
-tea*

have a great day everyone!!!!!

Date: September 24, 2007 09:08PM

Pakd4fun wrote:

"Khale came over yesterday and we had a lovely visit. She looks healthy and beautiful."

Awww shucks - it's pakd4fun that looks fantastic - her features look more chiseled and fine and she's glowing like all get-out - in fact, her entire family looks really good.

And that ceaser salad! yumm-mmy and the marinated vegetables!

I hope that all of you are seeing results from this past 7 weeks and are encouraged by the bodys miraculous ability to regenerate and heal itself.

talk soon,

khale

Date: September 25, 2007 01:41AM

wow 7 weeks already??

b-fast: tall glass of oj then bought a raspberry/banana/orange smoothie at the mall. mmmm!!

snack: 2 bananas, peach, grapes.

lunch: big salad with dandelion leaf, kale, spinich, red leaf lettuce, raddish, and carrot in pine nut dressing.

dinner: HAVNT HAD IT YET !! im excited, pumpkins are in season right now, and i bought one, but i've never eaten raw pumkin really and i'm not sure how i should eat it!

the weather was miserable today but i feel good inside. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2007 01:41AM by applebaby.

Date: September 26, 2007 10:53AM

applebaby: What did you do with your pumpkin?

khale

Date: September 26, 2007 12:47PM

Hey everyone!!

Thanks for the kind words Khale. We feel great.

I would be very interested to know what to do with a pumpkin. Last year we dehydrated the seeds after soaking them in salt water and they were great. They tasted roasted.

The day before yesterday iate a sandwitch with cooked bread and vegan mayo and the rest was raw. I woke up with tons of mucus. So irritating. It seems funny that the smallest amount of cooked makes such a huge difference.

My six year old went to Grammy's until Saturday. It is almost like a little vacation as she is my most challenging child.

Yesterday I ate:

-tea*
-celery with tahini cheese spread on top and creamed garlic and olive oil on top of that (yummy) and olives on the side
-sprouted almonds
-tea
-fruit salad (strawbwrries, oranges, plums and grapes) with raw chocolate sauce (carob and honey) drizzled on top. What a decadent dinner!
-tea*

I want to look into tapping. Thanks for the link Loretta. I hope everyone has a great day.

You guys are doing so well. It is inspiring.

Date: September 26, 2007 10:25PM

Hello everyone.
A good week so far.
I have been eating pineapples for a few days now. I just don't want anything else. I had to freeze all my ripe fruit as i didnt want to waste it.

I have also started oil pulling again.
I tried it some time ago, but could not bear the taste or feeling of the oil in my mouth for 20 mins.
I have definitely seen an improvement in my teeth since i reintroduced oil pulling. They look whiter and are less sensitive (especially considering how much pineapple I'm consuming!)

I feel that participating in this thread has helped me move through various issues and difficulties.
Its been great to share the good times along with the more trying times.
Thank you all for your support.
I have learnt loads and enjoyed reading the posts.

Blessings
Lorretta

Date: September 27, 2007 01:54AM

I had to google "oil pulling".

Very interesting indeed.

khale

Date: September 27, 2007 05:03PM

Loretta, you are a wealth of information.

Thank you too, everyone on this thread. Having you guys here has been a calming push for me. I think this has been the hardest transition for me, saying goodbye forever to certain foods, not exclusive to, but including cheese. My first step in transitioning to high raw was easier because I was still allowing everything sometimes. Now my body is saying "no!" to most things non-raw. For now I am keeping "healthy" things like vegetable soups, rice and sprouted bread in my diet but I know someday, as my body gets cleaner and cleaner, I will no longer want these things either.

Yesterday I had:
-tea
-2 bananas
-lentil soup* ezekial bread* ( i was stuffed for hours)
-corn salad (corn cut from cob, red bells, tomato, avo and cilantro) served with tiny peppers*
-tea

Have a great weekend!! This may be my last post. I am going to Houston this weekend and will be busy til then.

Thanks everyone!!!

Remember "nothing tastes as good as looking good feels!"
-

Date: September 28, 2007 10:16AM

Hey everyone,

Been absent from the boards for a few days, and it was a real treat to come back and catch up with you guys!

I've actually been down for the count with a cold for the past 2-3 days; caught it from my visiting Mom, I think, but could have been the gym as well -- apparently this thing's been going around. Low fever, stuffed head, sinus pain, nasal drip, cough...fun!! At any rate, I've been mostly depending on green tea w/ raw honey & a homeopathic cough syrup w/ zinc that I got at whole foods, but I'll admit when it gets bad, I have gone to the old NyQuil (ugh.)

I've also been eating some cooked...I wish I was stronger on this front, but when I'm sick I just can't handle being 100% raw. Yesterday and the day before it was take out from RFD -- the Basic 3 w/ steamed greens, beans, and plain tempeh. Today I baked a sweet potato, and ate that w/ salt, pepper & garam masala, plus some steamed haricot verts.

Still, everything else has been raw, and I've been leaning on green smoothies w/ lots of mango & pineapple. Packin' in the Vitamin C...

I'm glad everyone seems well and is trucking along.

Best,
AshCat

Current Page: 13 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables