Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 5 of 13
Re: Another 7 Weeks Raw
Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: August 17, 2007 10:35AM

Hi Khale, speedy recovery!

Miss_Tanya, I think we all know how it feels to eat things we dont even like!
Such a strange thing to do, but it happens!!!!!

Peppermint tea (wanting green/ black tea but not prepared to go there!) just cant face the caffeine detox again.
Caffeine also plays havock with that inner calmness i am experiencing on this beautiful diet.

Am veggie Juice

soaked almonds & avo with raw pesto

lunch banana orange mango smoothie

Pm salad with avocado and tahini
raw brownie herb tea

4 pints water
Exercise 30 mins step
3hrs hedge cutting
2hrs painting ceiling!
dog walk

lots of energy today, probably over did things, so will have sore muscles tomorrow!

increasing the fat curbed the chocolate craving (so did removing family's chocolate from the fridge so that i didnt see it every time i opened the door!)

Raw healing
Lorretta

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 17, 2007 06:21PM

Miss_Tanya wrote: I just ate a bowl of cereal and some chocolate. I don't know what possessed me. I don't even like cereal and the chocolate was horrible. What am I like?

LOL What are you like? You are like most of us sweetheart.

khale

Posted by: Miss_Tanya ()
Date: August 17, 2007 06:59PM

Oh, thank you khale! That makes me feel better. In that case, there's hope for me yet smiling smiley

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 17, 2007 07:27PM

I love this! smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

Date: August 17, 2007 07:34PM

My mother keeps cooking me food. I think raw food will have to wait until I leave in 2 weeks. I wouldn't like to upset her - she shows her love through her cooking! When I became a vegan she cried for months.

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 17, 2007 07:40PM

What's funny is I didn't "cheat" until the 7 weeks raw thing started and I blew it on the 2nd day!

Date: August 17, 2007 09:03PM

Yup Islandgirl, I know. It's self-sabotage out of fear of the powerful, free person in you waiting to come out. I'd bet money that EVERYONE can relate.

Here's how Nelson Mandela put it:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, Who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

The challenge of going raw at whatever percentage can teach you more about yourself in a shorter amount of time than hours on end of psychotherapy. There are a lot of good lessons along the way, so don't allow the goal to blind you to the treasures awaiting you as you work toward the goal. As has been said, "It's the journey, not the destination that matters"

Just keep moving. Don't let apparent failures waylay you, or waste one minute beating yourself up. Just keep heading toward YOUR goal. It will all work out, you'll see.

khale

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 17, 2007 11:00PM

Once again Khale, you blow me away. You are such an incredibly deep thinker. I am so inspired by you and the things you write. Thank you.

Date: August 17, 2007 11:01PM

great info

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 17, 2007 11:08PM

Beautiful post khale. I love the Nelson Mandela quote. That is a hard fear to recognize.

Date: August 18, 2007 12:24AM

Yes, I think that's true. I'm the queen of self-sabotage. But it's difficult to rise above that.

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: August 18, 2007 01:27AM

I can SOOOO totally relate to the self-sabotage and fear of what possibilities may emerge when I finally start allowing.....getting there!!! : )

morning hours: 3bananas & container of figs
lunch: blue corn chips & coffee
dinner: large salad w/ avo, daikon, sea veggies, apple, lemon
lots of water....

blessings to all!

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 18, 2007 01:29AM

aug 17
cup coffee
30 minutes on treadmill
juice consisting of mustard greens,ginger,lemon,romaine,celery and apple
bowl of fresh fruit consisting of banana,blueberries,strawberries and a tbls of sesame seeds
a mango
glass of red wine-really needed this after shopping at the mall the week before school! what was i thinking?? LOL
homemade vegee pizza....not raw but consisting of red pepper,jalepeno,cheese,onion,mango,cilantro,garlic,tomato and mushroom

Date: August 18, 2007 02:13AM

Hey everyone!!!

Miss Tanya- Your mom is cute.

Last night after eating the cooked food I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. I went to bed before ten which is unusually early. I woke up about an hour and a half earlier than usual this morning and felt great. I worked on major house cleaning jobs. I really feel good. My candida symptoms are a whole lot better. I think this is mostly do to cutting dairy out. I told myself I could have a small amount of cheese next weekend If I want it. I don't know if I will though. I am really liking feeling good.

Today I ate:

-tea
-bananas until the late afternoon. probably eight or nine.
-a very ripe nectarine
-raw ravioli [www.fromsadtoraw.com]
-I will have an acv, water and honey drink and tea before going to bed.

Date: August 18, 2007 06:39AM

That raw ravioli looks really good!

Today I had

AM: bananas, couple of slices pineapple, 1/3 cup soaked jungle peanuts (measured unsoaked), a peach, a nectarine, 2 Brazil nuts, some slices of dried mango

PM: bananas, a peach, a nectarine, a few lychees, some slices of dried mango (great vitamin E source), a cucumber, a hibiscus, one ice cream bean fruit, 1/4 cup soaked unhulled sesame seeds (measured unsoaked), more mango slices.

Exercise: walked 2 miles, 50 minutes weights/aerobics.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: August 18, 2007 07:10AM

Hey guys

Not been too bad the past two days, been pretty much managing on suntea with a little agave. Textures are realling messing with me, I have a huge phobia of being sick..so I really would rather not!!

Got all the stuff for green smoothies..plus went to farmers shop..they had tonnes of "smoothie packs" and frozen fruits. I asked and he was able to tell me which ones were blanched and which were frozen plain- so I got some frozen orange, rasberry mix- good for a mid week emergency. Also got about 8 punnets of fresh berries, some chinese leafs- variety. So.. am going to try tonight, bit anxious.

Thanks for the support

RawDancer

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: August 18, 2007 08:30AM

Rawdancer - that stuff sounds great! How awesome are farmer's markets?? Don't be anxious...smoothies in particular are pretty good for texture, if you're having problems on that front.

As for today, Friday the 17th:

AM: 22 oz. juice - carrot, apple, spinch, celery, ginger

LUNCH: 1 container raw barley tabouli from the echo park farmer's market. I am in love with the sprout man.

SNACK: broccoli sprouts!

DINNER: Green smoothie: banana, peach, 1 tsp coco oil, 1/2 tbsp cashew butter, kale, 1 tsp vitamineral green.

SNACK: 20 oz. juice - tomato, carrot, beet, kale, celery, parlsey, ginger, onion, lemon, w/ some cayenne for kick.

Feeling good about today! Going to try to do more liquids again tomorrow, as it seemed to quell the constant hunger for some reason.

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: August 18, 2007 09:04AM

17th
Hi All

Khale
I draw upon Nelson Mandela's quote regularly.
I LOVE it.
I don't think that its coincidence that the quote has found its way into this thread!

When i am tempted by certain foods or when i recognise that I'm afraid of moving forward i ask myself, what is your deepest fear here/ What is this really about?
how will doing this thing keep you where you are?
What is your pay off?

It really helps me focus on the choices that i make.

Peppermint tea
Am Veggie juice
lunch smoothie
Pm salad
Raw brownie

Im going out for a meal this evening, so im going to eat a little before i go!
Fingers crossed!!!

pakd4fun
I think that telling yourself that you can have things really helps.
As soon as i adopted that attitude i felt freed up from the restrictions i had placed on myself and it made life easier.

rawdanceruk
Just wondered if you have tried banana mylk?
(blend a banana with water ice cubes and a little vanilla (if you wish)
I have noticed that frozen banana used in this way gives a less grainier texture than the fresh banana.
Thought that might be easier for you to manage if you are having problems with texture.

Blessings
Lorretta

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: August 18, 2007 12:29PM

I will try the Banana mylk.. have a hand of lovely ripe organic nana's will throw them in the freezer smiling smiley

good idea! thank you

Date: August 18, 2007 01:46PM

I'm so glad that the Nelson Mandela quote resonated with you guys. I actually have this quote copied on parchment suitable for framing and have it stored temporarily in a tube for safekeeping - so, yeah, its one of my favorites.

Favorite dumb question of the week: "Why do you have to juice fast? Why can't you juice slow?"

...and my friend, not satisfied that he had sunk as low as possible at this point, added the rejoinder: "Juice Do It!"

Rawdanceruk: You went grocery shopping?! Awesome!

Everyone is doing admirably well and I really appreciate the way in which everyone is being more sober minded and balanced in the way each is handling their own diet and process. Lots of humility and steadiness present in the thread and I, personally, see that as a really good sign of progress.

My appetite was low yesterday. I had nothing but a lemon squeezed in water for breakfast and then later, after my chiropractic adjustment, I stopped at my favorite Greek restaurant and picked up an Arabic salad which I only picked at. I had a couple cups of hot tea and more lemon water throughout the day and then last night made a zucchinetti with marinara, black olives, and freshly shelled sweet peas, which was delicious and which I scarfed with gusto. Then later, feeling empty and ready for bed, I had a slice of toasted Ezekial bread. I had the best nights sleep of the week, and slept all the way through instead of being awoken by discomfort as has been happening. I also began menstruating, which throws yet another dimension of consideration into the mix, after 3 months of no period at all. But all things considered, I feel better this morning than I have all week, so I'm encouraged.

In a bit I'll be doing some grocery shopping, which I haven't been able to do all week, and intend to get lots of juicing vegetables. I'd like to stay as juicy as grace allows and only take solid food if I really, really want it.

I'm psyched that I can sit at the computer comfortably today!

...so, I'll be around - kinda like a donut (a raw one, of course)

khale

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: August 18, 2007 02:50PM

friday 17th
A.M. 2 oranges
1/2 pint bluberries
2 bananas
P.M. (gasp) 2 very small pieces of frozen cheese pizza
ACTIVITY ---45 minutes lawn mowing

i'm having a hard time giving up cheese...(any suggestions/ substitutions)
but i keep going at it...i'm not going to beat myself up, but i do feel a huge difference in my energy levels when i eat this crap!!!
today is a new day, so here i go again!

have agreat weekend everyone..

Date: August 18, 2007 03:33PM

Cheese is a big one for me too. When I first started transitioning, Tahini cheese was something I couldn't get enough of. I ate it on celery everyday for about a month and a half. I will PM you the recipe if you want brokenbrooke.

>>pakd4fun
I think that telling yourself that you can have things really helps.
As soon as i adopted that attitude i felt freed up from the restrictions i had placed on myself and it made life easier.

It is what works for me. It is my answer to being a perfectionist. If I set attainable goals that also push me I can do a perfect job. The last seven week challenge I decided to join in for the support and enjoyment but I had to speed up my calendar. I had it in my head that I was going to go to the next level in August. It was too soon and I learned a lot. I actually felt more prepared this time around because of the last seven weeks, in which I only lasted a couple and had huge cravings the whole time. I don't have one craving right now, I am perfectly satisfied. And when I do have one they aren't even bad. I feel it getting so much easier. Also, I feel fantastic and that is a huge motivation.

Be RAW be STRONG!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2007 03:34PM by pakd4fun.

Date: August 18, 2007 05:19PM

brokenbrooke Wrote:

> i'm having a hard time giving up cheese...

same here. cheese is one of my fav`s. i buy the alta dente cheese which natalia recommends in her book...it`s made with raw milk.....still processed i suppose but it`s the lesser of the evils i think?
patty

Date: August 18, 2007 06:03PM

late on posting for the 17th:

Breakfast: Green smoothie (1/2 c kale, 1/2 c spinach, 2 bananas, 2c raspberry tea)
Lunch: 1/2 pineapple, 2 bananas into a smoothie
Snack: 1 avocado w/ a few tortilla chips (maybe 6)
Snack: Lara Bar / 3 c raspberry tea
Dinner: 2 slices veggie pizza

Walked 4 miles. I've cut my walking down this week from 6 miles to 4 and it has helped ease some of my achiness. Maybe I was just pushing too hard for the time being, even though I've been walking 6 miles for a while now. Anyway, I feel pretty good. The little bit of cooked food I've had this week hasn't made me feel bad, but my weight is up 3 lbs. from last week. NOT GOOD! So I've lost a week ( I usually try to lose about 2 lbs a week) and I start over AGAIN today!

Date: August 18, 2007 06:42PM

islandgirl Wrote:
my weight is up 3
> lbs. from last week. NOT GOOD!

aren`t you pms`ing? my weigh will flucuate anywhere from 1-3 lbs when i`m pms`ing. consider trying this...don`t step on the scale for a week...weigh in on sunday and then don`t weigh until the following sunday. just to see. there are people who actually throw their scales away and they do much better. we get so wrapped up in numbers. i`ve only lost 2 lbs in a month but i`m tighter in my thighs,butt, and calves. i`ve lost an inch on my thighs,an inch in my tummy, and 1/2 inch in my hips...so it`s not what the scale says it`s how you feel, how your clothes fit etc smiling smiley
patty

Date: August 18, 2007 06:50PM

That's great news that you're starting to feel better Khale!

For brokenbrooke, I used to really love cheese. All my favorite foods had cheese in them: lasagne, pizza, macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches.

Committing to being vegan along with a partner was really the thing that got me away from cheese; but now that I'm out, I visualize cheese as being just like snot, especially that gooey cheese on pizza and lasagne that I used to think was so great.

So that's one suggestion: Think cheese, think snot! And after all, it's not so far off. Both are body fluids. (Sorry if this is a little crude)

As a substitute, vegan cheese is available without casein. And then there's the homemade raw seed cheeses, recipes available from Ann Wigmore I believe.

Posted by: lovebird ()
Date: August 18, 2007 08:46PM

Hello everyone,
I have been faithfully following this thread, as promised! ;0)

It has made a real difference in my thinking and my understanding (along with other posts I read this week in this forum). I do not know anyone else that eats raw, so it is immensely helpful to see what you eat each day and to hear your thoughts along the way. I am a lot more comfortable with my food choices since I know something similar is sustaining all of you!

In fact, this week I decided to 'just say no' to processed food. I was allowing quite a bit of it, and it is refreshing to decide not to eat that stuff. One post said to eat as much as you want on a raw diet, which gave me the idea that if I am still hungry, I can just eat more good stuff instead of run to the bad stuff! So that is what I started doing yesterday, and it has been easy. But to do it I decided to lead a more quiet life for a while so I can make sure I stay on track. That means less socializing, but I am getting so tired of being dragged to a restaurant that is going to bombard me with cooked food choices. The other thing that gets me are group activities that include potlucks. I was allowing myself to cheat whenever I socialized, but it is just too often (3 or more times a week).

I think so much of all of you. This is a very good forum that is building up people, not tearing them down. Thank you so much, all of you!!!!!

Date: August 18, 2007 08:56PM

good for you lovebird!! as far as socializing...do what you need to do in order to get on track. remember though that at some point in time you will have to learn how to handle those scenarios. some eat before they go out...that way they`re not starving and tempted and you can simply say no thanks i was starving at home so i cheated and ate there. make a light situation of it and then have some tea or water or whatever you like to drink and carry on socializing. try not to think of raw as deprivation because it`s just the opposite. feel confident in your choice to do what`s best for your body mind and soul smiling smiley when we feel deprived we feel the need to eat cooked food for some reason...as if cooking it adds some magic to it or something. or depending on your raw goal...what about a small amount of cooked along with raw salads or appetizers or something. or bring a yummy raw dish and pig out on that. i don`t know any rawees either besides this forum so i know what you mean smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: August 18, 2007 09:21PM

Hey lovebird - I've always found that socializing presents the biggest dilemma with respect to raw as well. I go out a bunch w/ friends, none of whom are raw. The best way to go about it, for me at least, is a combination of simply saying to yourself "no, i don't eat those things" with having some preset "cheats" that you know you can have...that way I don't feel as guilty, and don't go overboard beyond them. For instance, Whenever I'm out on weekends and everyone's drinking, I try to stick to wine or sake (which some raw proponents say count as raw), or else vodka with seltzer and lime. While those are obviously not ideal for a "toxin-free" lifestyle, I can still allow myself to join in the fun without having sugary mixers, etc. Plus, I've found that when I'm raw, a glass of wine or 1 drink will do me! Hellooo, shrinking tolerance.

As far as restarants go, I'll still do sashimi from time to time (I feel bad even mentioning it here, as this is a vegan board, but MAN does a little fish make me feel GOOD). And you can always push for places with salad (almost everywhere will bring you some olive oil & lemon on request) or MEXICAN!! I just order a big thing of guac for myself and fork it. I find I don't even mind watching others eat their fajitas, it's so good. And as patty said, you can always fill up before going out.

What are some other strategies, guys? And does anyone else here do the social drinking thing? I get the feeling not many do. Honestly, I sometimes feel a little out-of-place in this forum...I love raw, but I've never been the 'hippy' type (I swear, I don't mean that in a negative way, at all!)

Date: August 18, 2007 09:34PM

i do the social drinking thing when i go out..which only happens on a sushi night or getting together with really close friends for a dinner night as we`re not night lifers anymore since we`re married with children LOL. the saki is good..no great news!! LOL.i also have a glass or 2 of wine at home. sometimes i don`t feel "worthy" on this forum either but there are so many sages and i love to learn from other peoples wisdom smiling smiley
patty

Current Page: 5 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables