Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 13
Re: Another 7 Weeks Raw
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 16, 2007 03:36AM

Today I ate:

-tea
-banana
-shared two young coconuts with two of my kids
-acv, water and honey drink
-apple stuffed dates (yum yum yum)
-handful of almonds
-Ani Phyo's minestrone (tomatoes, celery, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, zuccini, carrots basil and olive oil) This was so good I had four bowels.

Since being high raw I always eat as much raw as I want and I usually graze all day long. It is very liberating. Some days I am not hungry and some days I can't seem to get enough.

When I eat something that is not raw I will always indicate that with an *.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 16, 2007 06:47AM

Khale, hope you're OK.

Rawdancer, I was SO PLEASED to read your post tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you feel really good tomorrow. I'm glad to hear they're treating you well at work!

Sunrise, yes, tomorrow is another day!

Dewey, do you think grapejuice might work instead of the vino?

Today I had

AM: several bananas, lots of lychee, 4 brazil nuts, and a couple of hibiscus flowers

PM: a few bananas, a few lychee, a couple of peaches, a nectarine, 2 nori rolls made of raw nori, red leaf lettuce, green onions, purple pak choi (I think), cucumber, about 1/6 cup sprouted kamut (measured unsprouted), a drizzle of olive oil on each, lemon juice, and 3 more brazil nuts

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 4 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes weights/aerobics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2007 06:48AM by suncloud.

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: August 16, 2007 08:18AM

Alright alright. It's time for Wed, Aug. 15th!

AM: Smoothie -- banana, some mango, 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil, 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds, 1 tsp. superfood stuff (just bought it, can't remember exact name. something with grasses and spirulina, etc?) water, ice.

LUNCH: salad w/ arugala, mache, parsley, apple, red pepper, flax oil, lemon, salt.

SNACK: 1/2 "bombay croquette" from leaf cuisine. Not a big fan.

DINNER: burrito w/ collard green, mango, celery, homemade guac, bit of "mock salmon spread," red pepper.

SNACK: blueberries. about a 1/2 lb of blackberries (couldn't stop!), 1 BBQ flax cracker.

I was sooo hungry today! Still hungry now, but looking over that list I think maybe I should just see how I feel in the morning. I did do 45 min of light pilates / bike today, so maybe that explains it...

Date: August 16, 2007 01:33PM

ashcat-Why would you ever need to stop eating blackberries, they aren't chips? Eating healthy food doesn't have the same consequences as other food. When you are still hungry it is nutrition you are hungry for. Your body is craving nutrients and it is trying to communicate that to you. If you don't feed it you are not learning to listen to it. You can eat on raw. Eat, eat, eat!!! One time we made a raw soup and it had way too much olive oil in it for everyone but my husband. He is the only non-vegetarian so his body is accustomed to heavy foods. He ate the soup like he was starved. It was like he couldn't get enough or eat it fast enough. Not to get too graphic but it really cleaned him out smiling smiley. He said 'apparently I needed that.' If you want to learn what your body needs (our bodies all have unique needs) then you need to listen and abide. I was eating about 40 dried figs a day for a month a while back. It was a serious craving. They were like heaven from the moment I put them in my mouth. I read that figs were high in calcium. I believe my candida had been causing my body to lose calcium. My nails became super strong and my teeth whitened so much that my daughter said something to me about it. Maybe I saved myself from osteoporosis.

I hope I don't sound too preachy. Have a great day!!

Posted by: knownalien ()
Date: August 16, 2007 02:49PM

wednesday (think I left out a day)

breakfast: giant pear

lunch: 1/2 radish, red grapes, carrot

dinner: salad with spinach, white mushrooms, tomato, real balsamic vinegar from Italy - then a bit later two small Hoss avocados sprinkled with sea salt which were like desert to me.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 16, 2007 03:17PM

Todays food intake

Started the day with ground flax and some water

I bought a coconut bar I am not sure it is raw but it was a treat
I craved almonds and munched a couple of handfulls of almonds
I ate a lara bar
some of my very spicy raw salsa.
a necterine
watermellon rind juice
I ended the day with some watermellon

I did not feel real hungry today I had some upsets so I felt it was best not to eat while being upset
.................wednesday is my eights week in being raw........................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2007 03:27PM by pampam.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 16, 2007 04:08PM

aug 15th
cup coffee
green lemonade
30 min on treadmill increasing incline every 2 minutes until i reached 7%...then stayed at 7 for the remainder of my workout
about 8 slices watermelon
burrito made of hemp tortilla,some red onion, 1/2 avocado, a tomato, about 1 tblsp sesame seeds and sunflower sprouts
smoothie...more like pudding because i didn`t use enough water... consisting of a banana, 2 big handfuls of mustard greens, 2 tblsp. cacao, tblsp sesame seeds
2 handful of nuts
2 glasses white wine

forgot to say in yesterdays food i also hand a huge handful of goji berries and a cantaloupe

Date: August 16, 2007 04:11PM

suncloud Wrote:
>
> Dewey, do you think grapejuice might work instead
> of the vino?

ummmm..............no LOL. i know someday i will have to give up my nightly ritual but for now it helps me say goodnight to the day, my kids and to just relax on the couch and think of nothing and veg
patty

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 16, 2007 04:28PM

Patty...are you making your own hemp quesadillas? The only ones I've had have come from a raw food restaurant. I'd love to try making them myself. Do you have a recipe?

Date: August 16, 2007 04:44PM

no, sorry i didn`t make them. i bought them at a health food store called wild oats.
patty

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 16, 2007 05:45PM

Whoa! what a rawkin thread! Everybody is doing fantastically well!

Rawdancer: a special nod in your direction - great work!

Sorry to be m.i.a. Yesterday was a very intense pain day and I simply couldn't sit at the puter to work at all.

I'm receiving daily therapy and adjustments from the chiropractor, but as of now I am still in quite a lot of pain. If by Monday this hasn't subsided I may have some blood work done just to cancel out the possibility that this pain is coming from an organ. I do have some degeneration and osteopathology in my neck and tailbone, but the Doc seems to think that I'm detoxing a lot from the diet and that this may have more to do with the discomfort now than anything else. They are all extremely supportive of my raw diet endeavors and the doc thinks that I've saved myself a lot of discomfort (based on the x-rays) this year by cleaning out.

I can't stay long, but I want to say that I have stayed raw for the most part and my appetite is not that great right now anyway, probably because I'm getting so little activity in. Yesterday I had two slices of ezekial toast and then was otherwise raw, and the day before I was raw until later in the evening when I shared a bowl of popcorn with my nephew.

You guys keep it up. Ya'll are creating one heckuva thread here!...

..and I'll be back asap

khale

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: August 16, 2007 07:02PM

Hope you feel better soon Khale.

Day 2 List

Breakfast
Just under a pound of strawberries (Tasty!)

Lunch
Kind of a mezze salad with spinach leaves, sun dried tomato, peppers, onion, olives, houmous. (mostly raw but some of it wasn't, oh well)

Snack
2 mandarin oranges

Dinner
A bag of lime pickle poppadums
Later: 4 Bananas

Throughout the day about 5 glasses of water and 2 cups of green tea.

I don't feel I have hit the mark today and don't feel as good as yesterday, but hey theres always tomorrow.

Be rawtatular everyone!

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: August 16, 2007 07:30PM

Thank you for the positive words!!

Have had blueberries today, I like the taste and they just seem easy to eat for now

Tommorow will shop for green smoothie ingredients, start on those from Saturday. Really want to get on with them so I will try all I can. Maybe start with some green lemonade and work up to more texture...

Pleased anyway..

Raw_dancer xxx

Date: August 16, 2007 10:07PM

jadedshade Wrote:

>
> Dinner
> A bag of lime pickle poppadums

what are these?
patty

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: August 16, 2007 10:20PM

today I had a crazy wild sea veggie craving so I splurged at the food store : )

b-fast lemon water, pot of green tea w/ almond milk
lunch: large salad w/ spinach, kelp noodles and a LOT of mixed sea veggies, lemon
snack: avo, tomato
dinner: green smoothie w/ romaine, VMG, lime, water

between the sea veg and the avocado I was pretty full today. I'm trying to replace my banana and peanut butter addiction which was sort of my staple over this past vegan (not yet raw) winter....this is quite a bit more costly, so hoping I'll need less as time passes and I get used to a lighter feeling in my belly.

have a good night!
venusian

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: August 16, 2007 10:23PM

yesterday-
late lunch- 2cups romaine w/ carrot, tomato, 1/2 cucumber (1teaspoon italian-not raw, 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar)
juice-carrot apple
more water- 64 ounces---it's hot in florida
walked 2 miles.....
i'm not eating enough right now!!

breakfast 8/16 2 cups grapes
lunch- asparagus(lightly steamed), romaine salad
more water- 48 ounces
dinner- juice of carrot,apple,grape, and blueberry!!!

for those of you that drink water--- where do you get it from. i use a reverse osmosis machine, is that okay for cleansing the impurities out?

Date: August 16, 2007 10:42PM

Patty,

Poppadums are an Indian food, they are mostly made of flower fried in oil and like a bit like potato chips. (Bad, bad, bad for you lol)

Phil.

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: caseyberaw ()
Date: August 16, 2007 10:45PM

Hello all! As prompted by my beautiful Aunt, Pakd4fun, I too would like to join in this wonderful raw journey! I realize I am a bit behind everyone, however if you don't mind, I certainly don't! I am a 26 year old female who was, about a year ago 98% raw for about 4 months and an avid yoga participant. In the last 6 months to a year I fell off the proverbial raw wagon and haven't been able to get back on! Despite knowing that I have never felt as good before or since that time and the fact that I naturally LOVE raw foods, I am really struggling with getting back on track.

I know that this wonderful group of support will really inspire and motivate me. While at this point I am not striving to be 100% raw immediately, I would like to be at least 80%. For instance today I had a small bowl of organic garbanzo beans (not raw) with organic cherry tomatoes and lemon juice/sea salt for lunch which I am fine with despite the cooked garbanzos. I can't wait to get home and throw away all of my "poisonous" and toxic food and fill my fridge and shelves with deliciuos food from the Earth!

My apologies if I have been too long winded (I love writing!). I am so excited to give and receive support during this exciting time!

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 16, 2007 11:25PM

Breakfast: Green smoothie
Snack: macadamia nuts & carob
Lunch: 1 avocado, 1 slice sprouted bread
Snack: 94% fat free popcorn
Dinner: Salad

walked 4 miles

Date: August 17, 2007 01:50AM

Yay Caseyberaw!!!! I am so glad to see you here. Caseyberaw is my beautiful niece who turned me on to raw last year.

Today I ate:

-tea
-dried peaches
-acv, water and honey drink
-salad with red and green romain, tomatoes, kalamata olives, sunflower seeds and flax oil
-wild and brown rice* and black beans* mixed with these raw vegies: carrots, zuccini and avocado
-corn and red pepper salsa with onion and cilantro
-tea

Tonight was a planned cook night. I got the recipe from the transition recipes in Storm and Jinjee's book. I am feeling too full and uncomfortable. Almost immediately after eating I became very sleepy. I wonder if it is psychological smiling smiley. Also every time I eat cooked I get a very uncomfortable tension in my back.

I drink water all day long. I drink boiled tap water.

*indicates cooked

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 17, 2007 02:05AM

good job everyone

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 17, 2007 03:26AM

well today I ate so much august 16

I had a lara bar and munched almonds in the morning
found some grapes that tasted so good I ate a vry large boul of them
munched some cashews
Ate another lara bar because it is so good
munched some almonds
juiced some carrots and the rest of my arugula and kale.
munched some more nuts
I know its bad but I just have the muncheys
made a salad with the last of my very hot salsa and one cucumber I found an avacado and tossed it in and I wanted to try some tahini in it mixed it together and ate the whole bowl full
Then I munched some more nuts

Date: August 17, 2007 03:31AM

jadedshade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Patty,
>
> Poppadums are an Indian food, they are mostly made
> of flower fried in oil and like a bit like potato
> chips. (Bad, bad, bad for you lol)

thanks smiling smiley one of the cuisines i always wanted to try and never did was indian. they sound yummy
patty

Date: August 17, 2007 03:36AM

nice to meet you caseyberaw smiling smiley
so what`s for dinner smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: August 17, 2007 05:14AM

yesterday i don't remember what i ate anymore sorry!

today.
green smoothie: orange juice, bananas, frozen strawberries, maca, spirulina, hemp seeds, coconut meat.
a peach and a pear, some grapes
a bowl of leftover chili (soo good!)
carrot dipped in creamy pine nut veggie dip
a delicious curry and red lettuce leaves! the curry had a tomato, onion, cashews, some spices & nama shoyu.
watched a movie with friends and ate more grapes.

Date: August 17, 2007 05:21AM

Pampam, I suffered the munchies today too. Boy howdy.

AM: Smoothie -- banana, mango, 1 tsp. coconut oil, carrot juice, 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, 1 tsp. vitamineral green (I think that's what it's called. I forget again)

LUNCH: bean sprouts w/ lemon & honey, ahi sashimi (nonvegan apologies).

SNACK: blueberries, raspberries

SNACK (part deux) large glass juice - celery, apple, pear, kale, parsley, ginger, lemon

DINNER: 2 collard leaves w/ homemade guac (from 1 avo), mango slices, red pepper.

SNACK: 1 raweo cookie

And again, I'm still hungry! I think I'm just hitting that point (10 days in now) at which my body is rebelling a bit. I mean, at first all the fresh food was a welcome change (vs. tofurky or um, fries), but now my body seems to think that it needs cooked to be satisfied. I remember last time I just had to push through until I adjusted to getting all my nutrients from complex carbs, etc, so hopefully the CONSTANT URGE TO MUNCH won't last. In the meantime, I'm going to try to avoid totally gorging in case it's more of a psychological hunger. Do/did the rest of you guys have/had similar experiences in the early goings?

Date: August 17, 2007 05:26AM

Also, speaking of Indian food...

Has anyone else ever eaten at Pure Food & Wine in NYC? The raw samosas there are SO ridiculously GOOD! I would just about kill for one of those right now. Vegan indian food was one of my cooked staples. Alas, I have the PF&W cookbook, but no dehydrator. Saaad christmas.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 17, 2007 08:00AM

Khale, glad you checked in! Hope the pain subsides very soon. If not, I'm glad you'll be checking things out internally. Meanwhile, please try to get plenty of rest!

Caseyberaw, welcome. Pakdforfun, you have the greatest family!

Suvine, nice to see you!

Today I had:

AM: a couple of peaches, a cucumber with lemon juice, 1/3 cup soaked jungle peanuts (measured unsoaked), several slices dried mango

PM: bananas, lychees, a nectarine, a peach, 2 ice cream beans (natures cotton candy on a tree), a hibiscus, 2 brazil nuts, 1/2 cup soaked sesame seeds (measured unsoaked), another cucumber, more slices dried mango.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 4 miles, walked 1 mile

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2007 08:03AM by suncloud.

Date: August 17, 2007 08:21AM

Sorry Patty, I mean't to type Flour rather than Flower darn english language.

Phil.

Posted by: Miss_Tanya ()
Date: August 17, 2007 09:03AM

I just ate a bowl of cereal and some chocolate. I don't know what possessed me. I don't even like cereal and the chocolate was horrible. What am I like?

Current Page: 4 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables