Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: Another 7 Weeks Raw
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:02PM

Everone is doing so well.

Ashcat, you are really lucky to have all the raw choices for eating out. My daughter and I are planning to visit caseyberaw soon and go to a raw restaurant. We are so excited.

Loretta, I am so glad you are feeling the wonderful results. I think a week of green smoothies is a fantastic idea. I may do that myself.

Yesterday I ate:

-tea*
-half of a plum
-acv, honey and water drink
-huge salad with leftover chinese dipping sauce (cabbage, julienned broccoli and carrots, tomatoes and chopped lettuce (fantastic)
-brown and wild rice* with raw zucchini, carrots, avocado, red bell pepper
-tea*

The chinese dipping sauce is from Alissa Cohen's book, I'll send you the recipe Ashcat. The spring rolls were great. The entire family couldn't stop eating them and the leftovers made a fatastic salad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: August 31, 2007 05:24AM

Thursday, August 30th:

AM: Smoothie: banana, pineapple, mango, spinach, coconut oil, coconut water, honey, maca, e3live, ice

LUNCH: some ahi sashimi (my BF brings it home free from work! ack! can't resist!) and mung bean salad.

SNACK: 1 raw rosemary cracker w/ hummus

DINNER: arugula, sprouted quinoa tabouli, 1/2 avocado

So, this was my first experience with maca and...holy crap! I felt like I took a bunch of no-doz. Honestly, I didn't even know what to do with myself and all that energy. I'm still recovering from knee surgery/ breaking both my arms in May, so I couldn't go running (which is exaclty what I wanted to do) or exercise at all, really. But I'm a convert...and potentially an addict! What are your experiences with this stuff??

Also, padk4fun, can't wait for that dipping sauce!

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: August 31, 2007 07:03AM

today was my birthday dinner at the dandelion eatery, an organic local-food restaurant. i feel really bad because although i got a big bonanza salad with hemp seeds & fresh basil dressing and a fresh fruit smoothie i also had a little bowl of lentils! some fresh bread dipped in basil sauce too. anyways! tomorrow's another 100% raw day again, and i don't feel too bad from the cooked food, i knew it was coming and that's ok with me, it wasn't very much, but i DO prefer raw. the taste of cooked food is more like a weak aftertaste than the vibrant as soon as it hits your tongue taste of raw food. like a juicy nectarine! mmmmmmm.

other than that, i ate:
1 pineapple/banana/orange juice/hemp seed smoothie! mmm.
1 bowl chili, 1 banana, 1 nectarine, 1 peach.

the best way to start off the day (in my opinion) is with the juiciest fruit like some watermelon or a kiwi! i like juicy fruit first thing. it gets my palet going and gets me awake!

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 31, 2007 12:23PM

Mornin

Still here.

I'm dealing with some things so I may not be consistent with my posts.

I'll try to get back later this afternoon.

You guys rawk!

khale

Date: August 31, 2007 02:20PM

Hey guys!

Ashcat, I sent the recipe via PM yesterday and got kicked off the net right after. I was wondering if it went through. I will surely send it today. I don't think I should share other people's recipes publicly without permission but I am always happy to share any recipe privately.

Applebaby. you are doing great.

Khale, I a m worried about you.

I didn't have any noticeable ill effects from the cooked rice on Wed. Rice seems to digest well. I did have a really bad dream Thursday night.

Yesterday I had beet, carrot, apple and ginger juice. It tasted like heaven. After I drank it I felt really energetic and happy.

Yesterday I ate:

-tea
-acv, honey and water
-half a plum
-carrot, beet apple and ginger juice
-a lot of figs maybe ten or fifteen
-acv, honey and water
-handfuls of trail mix.
-A really satisfying dinner of Ani Phyo's "Save the Salmon" fingers with creamy cilantro sauce (avacado, cilantro, lemon and flax oil) and served with a relish of chopped tomatoes, cukes, onion and olives on a lettuce leaf. It was a pretty and tasty meal. My daughter is a fiend for those "Salmon" fingers.
-tea

Stay raw, stay strong!

Posted by: caseyberaw ()
Date: August 31, 2007 05:23PM

Hey everyone!

Once again, I'm sorry I haven't been posting. Things are so crazy-I have not stopped in days and am running on about 4 hours of sleep I get each night. But doing well! Lots of energy and am busy in GOOD ways. I am leaving today to camp until Tuesday so I won't be posting until then.

I'm sure I'll be having a veggie burger or 2 on the campfire but other than that I plan on staying raw. Made lots of filling for dolmas and am packing tons of fruit and trail mix. I sure will miss my smoothies sad smiley and hearing about how you're all doing.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: August 31, 2007 06:23PM

Hey everyone

so pleased its the wkend at last!! and the end of the month..so glad for a new month and a new start!

Had lots of roobios tea

1 courgette

try some more later

xx Love

Date: August 31, 2007 07:33PM

Caseyberaw-have a rawkin' good time!!!

Rawdanceruk, I notice a positive shift in your 'tude. Too bad you're not in the US this weekend. It's a holiday Monday. Labor Day!!

I love you guys!!!

Date: August 31, 2007 07:40PM

We had our holiday Monday last weekend!! so I have only had to work a 4 day week..so cant really complain tongue sticking out smiley

lol...

Just had about 6 vine tomato's..another courgette(zuchini).. and some mushrooms smiling smiley

Date: August 31, 2007 07:43PM

That's right. I remember. All work weeks should be 4 days LOL.

Great eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes me SMILE smiling smiley really big.

I learned what courgette was from Shazzie.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: September 01, 2007 04:02AM

pakd4fun Wrote:
-
> Khale, I a m worried about you.

me too
patty

Date: September 01, 2007 04:04AM

rawdanceruk Wrote:
> Just had about 6 vine tomato's..another
> courgette(zuchini).. and some mushrooms smiling smiley

you`re eating more smiling smiley that`s wonderful! so proud of you and i hope you are too smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: September 01, 2007 06:39AM

I second both the pride in rawdancer and the concern for khale. My thoughts are with both...

Here's my Friday (the 31st):

AM: Smoothie: banana, pineapple, coconut meat, spinach, honey, maca, e3live, ice

LUNCH: Another smoothie at the Echo Park farmer's market: raw sugar cane juice, melon, mint, coconut, strawberry, bee pollen. Amazing.

SNACK: mixed alfalfa/onion/fenugreek sprouts, 2 cups unsweetened iced tea

DINNER: 1/2 avocado (guac-ified), pineapple, portabello, and redpepper in romaine cups.

SNACK: 1 peach

Happy labor day weekend, everyone!

Date: September 01, 2007 02:45PM

i`ve been doing pretty good. mornings consist of fresh fruit and lunch consists of a big salad. dinner varies and is usually raw but always vegan
patty

Date: September 02, 2007 01:42AM

Hey guys!! I have been busy and my daughter's friend has been over the last two nights and they have been hogging the computer.

I have had some huge cooked cravings but although I have eaten some I have remained vegan and the cooked has been fairly healthy. I am doing much better than I had been before this 7 weeks.

I have been too active and scatterbrained to keep track of my food intake but I have been really enjoying carrot, beet, apple and ginger juice. Went to the store today and got some more. The rest of the family like it too. It is a lot of juicing when you're juicing for five.

Take care everyone and I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Date: September 02, 2007 07:17AM

Yesterday had

1 handful kale, black olives

8 stawberries

Lots of fennel tea

--

Stupid me ate mushrooms, havent ate them for a long time as it sometimes acts up my crohns. Damn..woke up with bad bleeding from that, so took it easy foodwise yesterday. Feeling a lot better today smiling smiley

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 02, 2007 02:07PM

rawdanceruk,

How are you feeling on the raw diet as compared to your previous non-raw diet? Is the raw diet working for you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2007 02:11PM by Bryan.

Date: September 02, 2007 02:25PM

Its totally cured me from my crohns, so I am feeling much better.

However when it comes to the ED.. wether its eating a melon or eating 10cal jello.. it dosent make any difference, its all food. I am struggling with being able to eat anything right now.

But I know raw is the ONLY way to live.

Thanks for the questions/concearn Bryan, consider you an important part of the raw community smiling smiley honoured!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 03, 2007 04:08AM

rawdanceruk,

Here's that photo of the smoothie you were trying to post:

Kudos to you for eating the kale, olives, and strawberries. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2007 02:33PM by Bryan.

Date: September 03, 2007 12:18PM

I apologize for causing worry. I've been feeling much stronger physically and the discomfort at my side is more muted, but I've been struggling to find wind for my sails.

I was reading Ann Wigmores book, "The Healing Power Within" yesterday and she mentioned a psycho-spiritual "healing crisis" that can occur in the midst of strong motivation to make positive change. I must admit that I did not see the slippery slope before I stepped in it, but now I find myself in a gulch covered in mud. There is nothing to do but clean off and start climbing again.

It cheers me to witness the progress you are all making. I intend to be more here starting today.

khale

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: September 03, 2007 02:10PM

Hi Everyone

Khale
Im so pleased to see your post and read that you are feeling stronger.

I have pretty much stuck to the smoothies apart from a little cooked curry and rice on saturday night. ( Family takeaway)
I thought i would love it, but although it smelt wonderful it actually tasted very oily and the rice felt slimy, so i didnt eat much (thankfully)

I also ate a few hand fulls of nuts, but even though i chew them well, I feel uncomfortable for about half an hour after i have eaten them.

Today i didnt have time to prep a smoothie before leaving the house so i ate three bananas for breakfast and an apple for lunch.

I am eating very little. I do not feel hungry.

My daughter has started eating fruit smoothies with me at breakfast.
She cant cope with the green ones as she can not bear the smell of them.

I have lots of energy and am feeling very positive
Blessings
Lorretta

Date: September 03, 2007 07:23PM

I have been so busy. We have these crappy old cabinets in our kitchen that we are replacing. I am buying odd and end peices from flea markets to replace them as we can afford to. Yesterday we put up an antique, glass door cabinet and it is so pretty. I am so glad I went raw before I started remodeling our kitchen. It has really changed my needs.

I haven't been remembering what I am eating. Yesterday I made butter from Ani Phyo's book and it is fantastic. The entire family loved it and think it tastes just like butter. This morning we made Ani's breakfast cakes and put the butter and blueberry syrup and sliced bananas on top. It was rather good. I just finished carrot, beet, apple and ginger juice. Yum Yum!!!

Have a good day!!!!

Date: September 03, 2007 09:21PM

Hey all

Been an emotionally draining day today with my partner having a huge loss. But.. otherwise been okay, just been trying to be supportive. But feel drained physically and emotionally

Had

2 servings stawberry/apple puree (organic)

1 Medium Melon

full, stuffed.

cup of warm tea with agave and bed for me

xx

Date: September 04, 2007 02:50AM

I had another tough day. I just don't feel well at all I'm sorry to say. Very low energy and very little motivation to do anything. It's difficult to post this...my tendency is to withdraw at such times, to not talk about it. My eating has not been good. This is going to sound like a cop-out, but honestly I just can't drum up the energy to take control. My appetite is low anyway so I don't CARE. I had a banana and frozen strawberry smoothie this morning and a bowl of oatmeal (cooked) with almond milk at around 4:00 and haven't wanted anything else.

I do have plans to see a doctor.

see you guys tomorrow,

khale

Date: September 04, 2007 03:16AM

what`s going on in your "world"? are you depressed about something? anxious? you have a previous history with an ED right? or am i confusing you with someone else? if you don`t want to tell me doo doo you don`t have to, just say "dewey, stop asking me so many damn questions will ya?" and i`ll stop. just trying to help you think it through
patty

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: September 04, 2007 04:36AM

TODAY was pretty cool in tha school.

breakfast: i opened my eyes and went straight for the kiwis! then i had a smoothie (1/3 pineapple, fresh oj, 2 bananes, some gojis, maca, spirulina, coconut butta.)

lunch: made a big vegetable soup! (1 carrot, 1 small cuke, 1/2 onion, 1/4 red bell pepper, 2 stalks celery, sage &thyme leaves, 2 cloves garlic, lemon juice, wata, pinch o sea salt.) DELICIOUS.

dinna: picked myself a big kale &red leaf lettuce salad with 1 chopped little vine tomato. THE DRESSING ---> creamy pine nut basil dressing! my fav, SO good!! made with like a cup or less of basil leaves, big handful pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt. then i had a nactarine mmmm.

snack: big glass of fresh squeeze oj! my fav. my .. OTHER fav. OH YA i also totally made chocolate mousse. 1 fresh but mature coconut and some of its water in the blender with carob powder & cocoa powder, vanilla extract, agave, pinch o sea salt. it was delish and really tasted/looked like chocolate mousse !!!

my dad totally confronted me about my raw food thing today! and he thought since i feel so much better and everything that it was cool and i was doing a good thing. he told me i should make some of my food for my mom too.

ahhh i feel like a ate a lot today though. i am def detoxing becuase I KEEP THINKING OF COOKED FOOD and it doesn't help when you live with 4 other people on SAD cooking cooking cooking all around you.

Date: September 04, 2007 12:18PM

dewey wrote:

"what`s going on in your "world"? are you depressed about something? anxious? you have a previous history with an ED right?"

Hi dewey

these are actually good questions that I assume you are directing at me. I do not have a previous history with an ED. And if by "depressed" you mean am I losing energy or low-energied the answer would be "yes". Anxious? yes. And there are stressors "in my world", of course, but this would be true of most everyone, right? I have no doubts that this will pass dewey and I do appreciate your concern.

What is important in the context of this list and forum is that I motivate myself to get to the grocery and get some food in this house. I've been working everyday and ending the stint very tired, so that all I want to do is get home. So, I've been eating whatever is here (lots of bananas and oatmeal). Seems like only a minor bump in the road doesn't it? At any rate, today I intend to scale it. lol

applebaby: my mouth was watering reading your menu of yesterday. you are doing really well - kudos

rawdanceruk: I hope that YOU see how much progress you've made these past weeks. We sure do.

suncloud: if you are out there: I miss you

pakd4fun: can't wait to see your new kitchen!

loretta: glad to hear that you are feeling so well. you've earned it!

This evening I hope to post a much more positive report complete with nutritious raw food.

thanks everyone for your well-wishes,

khale

Date: September 04, 2007 01:51PM

Khale, It is so good to have you back with us. Positive is good but if you feel sad or sick don't hesitate to vent. That is why we are here. Come see my kitchen. We will have some good juice to celebrate!!!

Applebaby, Great meals. Great dad!!

Rawdanceruk-Sorry for your partner's loss. You are doing great. We help others by staying strong.

Loretta, you are really doing good. Nuts make me uncomfortable if eat them too soon after I eat certain other foods, fruit is an example.

Yesterday we ate and ate and ate. We had lots of fun in the kitchen. My oldest daughter loves "Save the Salmon" and made them herself. She used the cookie cutters to make them into shapes. My little middle made up a new drink that might be the best I have ever had. It was blueberries, green grapes and honey blended up into a pure liquid. So fantastic. I made a relish from cukes, tomatoes and olives with a little flax oil.

Last wednesday a boil came up omn my face. It was really huge. It is still here but way smaller. The rest of the skin on my facew looks really smooth. I have a lot of blotchiness on four spots, the left and right sides of my forehead and on both cheeks. The blotchiness showed up at the end of last December. I knew it must have something to do with candida and I finally found several websites that mention it as a symptom. Those spots are considerably better these past few weeks, as are my many other symptoms. When I think about the boil I imagine it as some bad thing that my body is cleaning out. I think my body is really feeling like it can do some deep cleansing now that I am not sabotaging it on the weekends. Being vegan is huge in helping this, I know it.

Good day everyone!!!

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: September 04, 2007 03:18PM

Hi All

Khale, 'bump in the road'? Yep scale it girl! smiling smiley

When i was going through that initial detox, I considered not posting how i felt as i did not wish to discourage others/ put a negative spin on the thread or feel like sharing the misery of it all. As i mentioned previously it was hard to think clearly when in so much pain.

Im pleased that i did document what was honestly happening, as the support i received was very comforting. (Thankyou all)

Isnt that what this thread is all about?
WARTS and all?
Khale You are strong and have many tools in your tool box upon which you may draw.
I have drawn from this thread and i would like to thank you again for starting it.

pakd4fun
Im thinking about buying Ani Phyo's book.
I would like a few 'meal' recipes that i could share with my family, as i am still living on smoothies at the moment.
I have quite a few recipe books but my body does not like complicated recipes or dehydrated stuff. Ani's recipes look quite simple, and i could adapt them to suit my requirements.
I love carrot apple beet ginger and lemon juice (Its my favourite)
Hope you can post some pics of your new kitchen!

applebaby
You are right its hard having SAD eaters around you!
Im still cooking Sad for my family. I refuse to taste it for seasoning etc and i keep the meals simple.

I dont cook sunday lunch anymore.
We now go out for Sunday lunch (every few weeks) That way everyone gets exactly what they want including ME!
my family are supportive of my choices so i still support theirs and its not easy sometimes!smiling smiley

rawdanceruk
You really have come a long way.
How are you getting on with the banana mylk?

Im feeling very strong, grounded and positive on my smoothie diet

Blessings
Lorretta smiling smiley

Posted by: Custom ()
Date: September 04, 2007 07:18PM

Hello All,

What a great thread!! I know I am very very late for this important date, but do hope it's not too late to join in.

I've been away on vacation for the last three and 1/2 weeks. Just now, today, back at home and starting back 90-95% raw. Vacation eating was challenging, however I did really well and probably maintained about 70% raw the entire time. This was in the face of nightly potluck dinners, trips with a large group of people to cold stone creamery on several occasions, weekly pizza parties and visiting the "to die for" Mexican restaurant at least 2x's. All this while hosting an annual horse clinic. You'd think it was an eating fest, rather than a horse clinic ha ha!. Most of my deviations were cheese on salads and prepared salad dressings. Usually during this horse clinic I feel miserable and constipated and bloated from all the potluck dinners, restaurant eating etc. First time in 11 years (during this event) that I felt light and healthy without that weighed down bloated yucky feeling. It was great!! I think I even lost weight while there, and that is definitely a first!

Although, last weekend prior to coming home, I spent three days with my folks. Those three days I went totally off raw. Paid the price too. Eating cooked foods makes me feels heavy in my chest and in my gut. Feelings of sadness and restless, sleepless nights quickly return.

Looking forward to once again getting back on track and feeling the lightness and energy I had prior to my vacation. Actually, I am feeling it already today. I am still eating some cooked foods, such as Humus, olives, sundried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. Love all these things on my salad. Also still indulging in some prepared olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressings and one to two cups of coffee in the morning. Just not willing at this point to give up my coffee. For now I am content with being about 95% raw.

one last note... All those I told about being raw concurred it was probably a much healthier way of eating than how they currently ate. Of course I didn't get any converts, nor did I try. The only concern or comments I got were "I hope you're getting enough protein".

Sorry for such a long post.. Just get carried away... Since you all are my only real outlet to talk about raw food and the adventure I am having

thanks,

Custom

"May all your rides on the majestic creature we call the horse, be filled with wonder and learning opportunities"

Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables