Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 19 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 19, 2007 03:40PM

Raw dancer, I hope you have the best birthday ever.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I am going to call and check on my Bro-in-law as soon as I finish this post. Our little chicks love us now and look forward to us. Right now they are in a box on a heating pad. We will put them in the blind chicken house and he will be surrogate mom to them. That is really a cute thing to see. They get under his wings just like mom.

When the hurricanes came animal rescue volunteers came from all over to rescue animals. When my kids are older that is the sort of thing I am looking forward to doing.

Earthangel, I hope you got your chores done and you can come home and rest, although I know you will be busy posting and encouraging just about everyone on this board.

Myst, are you feeling better?

Elakti, i wish I was helping you eat those warm tomatoes with you. That is the best way to eat a tomaoto. Three of my tomato plants are dying from something and the others aren't producing smiling smiley. I am working on my green thumb.

Yesterday we were so emotionally drained. We rested quite a bit.

I ate:

-tea
-brazil nuts and dates
-spinach salad with mung bean sprouts, tomatoes, avocado, and hot creamy garlic dressing (sprouted sunflower seeds, garlic, flax oil, lemon and cayenne pepper)
-tea
-cooked rice loaded with raw carrots, zucchini, avocado, celery and cilantro
-tea

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 19, 2007 07:25PM

Hello everyone!! I came home from work this morning and wasnt feeling too good so I just crawled in bed. The meds are upsetting my stomach and making me a tad constipated.. I cant wait to be rid of them lol. I have been eating more almond butter & bananas it seems to help my stomach.. And since my mouth is hurting a bit still and is raw & sore I havent been eating ACV, so im hardly putting much of anything on my salads.. a tiny bit of cold pressed olive oil & some braggs..but not too much because it tastes sooo strong!! Does anyone have any suggestions for a light alternative dressing to oil & vinegar?? I wonder if lemon juice would hurt my mouth as much? My main staple has been salads..I cant seem to get enough, and bananas & red grapes. I wonder if I am eating enough but I really dont seem to be that hungry.. I am eating mabey 1/2 a cup to one cup at a sitting and every 2-3 hours or so. Is this normal??? I just passed my 14 days on 95% raw marker!! Yay!!!!

pakd4fun, I am so sorry to hear about your bro-in law, and your poor chickens sad smiley
I have wanted to start an animal rescue & wildlife care center ever since I can remember. I love animals sooo much!! I am hoping mabey someday to be able to work with animals.. mabey as a vet tech or something along those lines..

I hear you about the green thumb thing.. I seem to have lost mine recently.
I used to be able to grow anything!! And now everything dies as soon as I get it.. sad smiley Not good LOL

Oh and before you ask, I am quitting smoking today lol.. just now finishing that other pack I bought. I know I can do it!! Whats weird is, I am starting to like a good challenge!! I know I am on my way to healing.. I already feel a ton better than I did before starting eating raw. Thank you everyone again for the encouragement & support!! You all RAWk!!! grinning smiley

Date: June 19, 2007 08:00PM

Ok right after posting this I started looking up recipies and I found some salad dressing recipies that inspired me!! I made a new dressing::

sesame oil -3/4 cup
olive oil-1/4
4-5 cloves garlic
1/2 inch of fresh ginger
2 tbsp ACV
1/2 fresh lemon juiced
4 tbsp molasses & sorghum
dash of cayenne pepper

blend & enjoy!!!

It tastes like those little sesame crunch candies but much less sweet... I am exited to have something besides what ive been eating for 2 weeks LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2007 08:02PM by myst1kst0rm.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 19, 2007 08:59PM

Thank you all I had a wonderful wonderful bday. And remained raw also, so I am just chuffed.

I bought crisps(chips for you US peeps) and chocolates for everyone at the office.

Didnt touch it myself. Had celery and raw humous at lunch and then tomato's this afternoon which was nice and refreshing

Just been good all round smiling smiley

Raw_dancer

psst.. forgot to say, my managers manager brought me some celery and tomato's so I would have a treat!.. I was happy smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2007 09:02PM by rawdanceruk.

Date: June 19, 2007 09:12PM

I forgot to wish you a happy birthday!! I had my 37th last month, may 3 smiling smiley I'm really glad to hear you had a great day!!

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 20, 2007 12:31AM

Hi all

mystic---hope that heals soon. Try banana "milk", would be so easy on your mouth and it is soooo delicious!!! Blend bananas and you could add dates or even grapes or nothing and enough water to make it milky consistency...and enjoy! If bananas are partially or all frozen it is even better.

I notice I am not so hungry in morning (a good sign).

banana
big bag of cherries and strawberries
--
banana
avocado (!) (whole one!) with a little green leaf lettuce & orange bell pepper
(could not eat the salad without goupy dressing)
--
banana
finger banana
---
dinner? I don't know! Fruit of some kind! I may just sit down to my fill of valencia oranges. Hot day and that sounds a propos. smiling smiley I hope I can save the rest of cherries for tomorrow. Dang they're good!

Take care everyone and care on!
smiling smiley Elakti

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 20, 2007 09:40AM

Hi all!

It's way late here.

I think it's so cool that two of us, Khale and Pakdforfun, can get to hang out together in person.

Hey Rawdancer, that's so neat that the big manager got you some celery and tomatoes for your birthday! I was worried they might get you a birthday cake. LOL smiling smiley

Last night after I posted, I ended up breaking my water fast about 7:30 and having bananas, oranges, and a half avocado.

That's OK. I felt good about it. A 24 hour fast may actually be a better way for me to go than a 36 hour fast. I don't know. Anyway, I felt good today!

Today I had: bananas, oranges, 1/4 avocado, lychees, nectarines, a peach, BLUEBERRIES (yum), raw green peas, a couple of roma tomatoes, and 1/2 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry).

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2007 09:41AM by suncloud.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 20, 2007 10:55AM

Hey everyone...today was a long day..but spent it with my girls...me and the older gal went to the mall and i took my necklace from Tiffany's in to get mended..and the one clasp was 50 dollars...and then i also need the chain fixed where it was connected to the heart pendant....and so i didn't want to spend 50 dollars on the clasp and 25 on the actual repair..so i just did what was necessary...and the wonderful man working put it in anyway for me and only charged me the 25 dolars...sooo sweet......i was very excited and it was so nice of him you know ??

then we went to bath and body works and the book store...i got the new janet evanovich book, a bikram yoga book,a journal and another book on loving me or something for my mom..i hope she likes it.....

i got my letters mailed out to my brother...and his best friend for graduation...and my friend melissa for her new baby!!!!

and the girls got pedicures..but i am waiting for my mommie.....

then i got all the stuff for the donation center from the girls house...and packed the little gals hamster into my car and headed for home...i had to take the little critter for a couple weeks...actualy the brother is going to watch her haha..he is sooo wonderful to do that for me....

now i am home and trying to pack and get things organized and life not so stressful...but i am falling asleep on the computer my eyes won't stay open....
talk to you all soon!!
take care and have a great night

here is what i ate today
1 banana
2 cups of salad
1/4 cup of tomatoes
1/8 cup of mushrooms
1/4 cup of guacomole
mango strawberry smoothie
1/2 avo smooshed with 1 bag of baby carrots......

take care everyone i am going to take a nap and then get back to packing...

love always
ME
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 20, 2007 12:37PM

good morning!

question?: How is banana milk different from a banana smoothie? (this is not a trick question) Is it just a matter of amounts of liquid?

great day yesterday. i felt really balanced, personable, productive, energetic...this is how I want to be always.

I had a large cantaloupe starting with "milk" made from the seeds and some of the pulp and then chunked the rest and ate it throughout the morning. then had 4 fingerling nanars and then a bit later 3 nectarines that were so sweet and juicy I had to eat them hanging over the sink. pure primal pleasure!

for dinner I had corn on the cob and a spinach salad.

I awoke hungry this morning so I may try some of this banana milk as my first meal of the day.

Myst: you and I could have celebrated our birthdays together. mine is May 1...happy belated birthday. Hang tough with putting the cigs down girl...you can do it (if I can do it, anyone can do it)

raw_dancer: glad that you had a happy birthday sweetheart

suncloud: where are you? Wouldn't it be great to meet up? I'd love to meet with all of you...my little raw family.

pakd4fun: I hope things are smoothing out for you guys over there and that your brother-in-law is mending well.

I'm more and more drawn to this way of life. Everyday I experience the pro's of this way of eating and being and am noticing just how perverse the eating and living habits of most of the people in this country really is. My heart goes out...so much unnecessary suffering. Maybe one day I can do my own small part to help others shake loose from the nightmare. We shall see.

gotta scoot..another busy day awaits!

have a blessed and juicy day,

khale

Date: June 20, 2007 02:51PM

Hi all!!!

I don't have a lot of time this morning. I am determined to get a lot of work done on my house.

My Bro-in-law was still in the ICU yesterday with a bad headache and double vision. he was in a very bad mood and wanted to go home. He is an alcoholic and is detoxing so I feel it is a good thing for him to stay there for that reason. He probably doesn't feel that way.

Since I didn't post my food for last Friday through Sunday I didn't post having raw corn on the cob with avocado smooshed on it. I really liked it. It was messy though.

Gotta run for now.

Yesterday I ate:

-tea
-the best cereal-apples, bananas, almonds, dates, raisins, buckwheat crispies and honey and almond mik
-figs
-almond butter from Kroger. It is cheaper there than anywhere else I've seen.
-dolmas (pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, raisins, dill and olive oil wrapped in collard leaves) I thought this was wonderful but was not a big hit with the rest of the family. They might love it wrapped in cabbage. It was the collard leaves that they didn't care for. I want more just thinking about it.

Have a great day!!!!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 20, 2007 05:19PM

Is anyone here still taking the organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar? And what results do you feel you've gotten with taking it? How much and how often do you take it?

I'm on my 3rd week (17th day) taking it 3x a day, and it's still working wonders for me, in fact I'm afraid to ever quit taking it. I'm sure my joint pain would come back. Even if I get to 100% raw, I'm going to keep taking the acv 3x a day.

Other things I feel it's helped me with, my digestion is so much improved, bms more frequent thru the day (3-4), my apetite is under control (a miracle by itself), I'm eating less unraw foods, and more raw fresh foods. Energy is steady and stable (I don't have such lows around mid-afternoon), I don't crave sweets as often and cut way back on those things.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 20, 2007 06:27PM

Hi everyone!

Thats cool Khale! Your birthday is Beltaine smiling smiley My moms birthday was may2nd, she went into labor at her birthday party lol.
Prism, how much acv are you taking, and are you diluting it,mixing it with juice or something? I have thought alot about taking it regularly myself. I used to make garlic tinctures with it, it was wonderful!! I have stopped putting it on my salads while my teeth are hurting but mabey downing some in a glass would be better..

Pakd, I'm sending positive healing thoughts to your brother, may he have a speedy detox! I know it must be hard for you all.

today ive been up since 5am, and have eaten a couple spoonfuls of almond butter, 2 bananas, 2 salads with my new dressing(it rawks!)and some mixed nuts.. Im feeling pretty dehydrated so I think im going to drink a bunch of water and eat another salad before I leave for my spiritual group tonight. They are having a mexican potluck! I realllllly hope I dont cave in lol. I should be ok!! Think positive and focus!! lol

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 20, 2007 07:55PM

I take 1 T of braggs acv in 1 C distilled water and drink it. I do that 3x a day before I eat. If you get tired of taking it with just water, you can use juice. I don't like to mix honey or other sweetner into the mix I make, it's too tart/sweet for me.

You can also use it on your salads as a vinegarette dressing. Or maybe try it in a green smoothie..the taste should be really diluted in a large amount of smoothie.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 21, 2007 02:25AM

I have to be very quick. Brief?

Yes, Khale, just thinner, like milk. MMMMMMMMM.

large cherimoya

1/2 cucumber, celery

banana

4 plums, apple banana, banana, strawberry

5 strawberries, banana

2 stalks celery, tomato, 1/2 fuerte avocado, inner leaves of romaine, 6 olives.

10.5 hours sleep......I felt wonderful all day long.

Massive morning cleansing elimination! Dry skin. Had thirst today, for extra water, drank a lot.

Craved mexican food. My dinner with olives assuaged that. Dreamt about potatoes and bread. About a cup of melted butter poured onto toast. I woke up wondering aghast if I had eaten all that (very real and scary!). So relieved!

Sweet Dreams! (but not my kind!) Elakti
quick but not so brief

Date: June 21, 2007 07:58AM

Hope you have a blessed and juicy day too Khale! I just love your inspirational posts. And happy belated birthday Khale and Myst and Myst's Mom!

Khale, I'm in Hawaii. I'd love to meet up with everyone sometime, but it's kind of far away to go to Louisianna. If anyone in our little family ever comes to the Big Island though, send me a PM if you like, and maybe we can get together (At the very least, I can give you lots of bananas)! smiling smiley

Pakdforfun, I love collards too. Mmmmmm, good! Sorry to hear your brother-in-law's still having somewhat of a hard time. Hope he gets that alcohol out of his system and does better when he gets home.

Elakti, that's funny about your dream! I've had dreams like that, not just about food, but about cigarettes too, and I wake up so relieved! Oh boy, a cup of melted butter poured onto toast. YUCK! Glad you were just dreaming! smiling smiley And good for you for passing up the Mexican food!

Earthangel, is today the day you move? And when does your Mom come? You are busy, busy, busy! Hope things fall into place in your new abode real soon, and your life in your new place is even better than before.

Today I had: bananas, oranges, peaches, nectarines, 1/2 avocado, lychees, about 1/2 cup of fresh green raw peas, and maybe 8 - 10 macadamia nuts.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights.

Date: June 21, 2007 01:44PM

Good Morning Friends...

In a rush as is too usual these days so I only have a few...

Yesterday I started with a 3 banana smoothie with lots of spinach, then over the course of the day had 2 more bananas. Around 3 or 4ish I cut the sweetest, juiciest watermelon I've had yet this year and ate half of it in one sitting and can't wait to dig into the other half this morning.

For dinner I had the salad bar at Jasons Deli with every raw vegetable they had available and their balsamic viniagrette (I have no idea whats' in this), then late, too late, I had some popcorn simply because it smelled so good as another member of my household prepared it. Something I've noticed: cooked always smells better than it actually tastes.

When I'm out at restaurants these days I quite unabashedly stare at the other diners while they eat. (I've always been a big peep watcher anyway) I observe their demeanors, the mountains of food on the plate before them, the food choices, how they appear as they eat and afterwards and so on...We have such a @#$%& up food culture in the U.S. that its not even funny: tremendous waste! tons of non-biodegradable styrofoam boxes being turned out like an assembly line of world clogging garbage, loads of food that could feed the genuinely hungry like kings being thrown in the trash bins; fat, spoiled and carbed out children whining with a full belly...argghhh! it's overwhelming!

Not to mention the overpriced fruits and vegetables rotting on the shelves because no one is buying them. Lemons are 50-friggin-cents a piece here now...and that's at Wal*Mart. And mangos...typically 3 for a dollar by this time of year...still over 90cents a piece! and oranges are 68cents a piece; that's 68 cents for one orange! and I kid you not, these fruits are over-ripening on the shelves because its cheaper to buy reconstituted orange juice than to buy a fresh orange...so, much of this fruit is getting trashed. It's a travesty!

okay, I'm done with the ranting, but it is good to know that we raw foodies are part of the solution instead of the problem and if you can't feel good about raw for any other reason, this is a damned good one.

be a raw warrior today and change the world,

love K

Date: June 21, 2007 07:24PM

Love you too, K!

Yeah, food prices are through the roof, and the farmers aren't making any money. It's the land costs, the store lease and utilities costs, the farm wages and insurance costs, the transportation costs, the packing materials costs, and just the basic cost-of-living costs for all food service workers. It's the reality of too many consumers, too little land.

Plus food shortages as a result of global warming.

We're all in deep doodoo if things don't turn around.

Everybody, plant some trees somewhere for your kids and your grandkids!

(How's that for getting carried away? smiling smiley But it's all true!)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2007 07:38PM by suncloud.

Date: June 21, 2007 09:51PM

I hear ya sisters!!! I was just thinking the other day how good my environmental side feels about this diet. Everything in my life came full circle when I didcovered raw.

I have been so busy and energetic. I started my period last night and when I start I am always reminded of how good raw makes me feel. A symptom of my candida was HEAVY periods. I would go through 8 to 10 maxis a day a year ago and I was wiped out. I would feel drug down for days. Now I bleed normally and I hardly slow down. YAY RAW!!! It has saved my life.

Elakti-what a funny dream. I had one like that a couple weeks ago but,funny, I can't remamber what it was that I ate. It also was somethng so decadent that it was disgusting. Emotional changes?

Prism-Nice of you to drop in. I took ACV like that, three times a day. for about a year a few years back. I felt great. I don't know why I stopped. I guess I just got out of the habit. You have reminded me of how good it made me feel. I am going to add it back to my regimen. Thanks.

Earthangel- if you're moving today, more power to you. I hate moving. I haven't had to in 10 years. Before that I moved 8 times in 9 years. I said "I am not moving again for at least 10 years." HA HA. I didn't either.

Suncloud- if I ever go to Hawaii I will surely PM you and we can eat collards together and we won't have to share smiling smiley.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

-tea
-figs, figs, figs
-tea
-cucumber, avocado, mung bean and alfalfa sprouts and tomato wrapped in lettuce with mustard (mustard was cooked)
-cauliflower miso mash (Cauliflower, garlic, miso, olive oil, lemon juice, psyllium powder, poultry seasoning) with miso gravy (miso, ACV, garlic orange, olive oil,dates) This was good and full of flavor. 4 out of 5 of us liked it. The little middle can be picky.
-corn with mooshed avocado and cajun seasoning. This is so simple but my husband and I really enjoyed it. It is even easier than a salad.
-tea

Have a great evening.

Date: June 22, 2007 05:12AM

Here's mine for today:

Bananas, oranges, a peach, a roma tomato, lychee, an apple, some hard coconut pieces, 1/2 avocado

Exercise: 1 hour yoga

smiling smiley

Date: June 22, 2007 07:48AM

mine for today was a couple salads,2-3 bananas,red grapes,cherries & some coconut

Im doing alot better!! The antibiotics seem to be working, ive only had one pain pill all day!! yay!!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 22, 2007 11:51AM

Forgot to post yesterday

Yesterday had

1 apple

1 clementine

2 litres water

herbal tea 1 cup

---

Today not eaten yet, have a few days off work which is great. Just relaxing, pottering about and sorting the house.

Got a lovely wooden fruit bowl this morning, soo pleased with it smiling smiley It is now full of clementines and apples smiling smiley hehe

Raw-some smiling smiley

Raw_dancer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to you all!

Date: June 22, 2007 01:18PM

hey, good morning all

Yesterday I made a smoothie of kiwi, banana, and pineapple with lots of water and drank it slow throughout the morning...then I had some mo of that delicious watermelon I cut Wednesday for lunch.

Went to a friends house to chill and to watch old episodes of Northern Exposure and indulged in an avocado sammich (it was good) and a coupla squares of dark chocolate. Not an all raw day...again! but I don't feel panicky about it or guilty or anything...just ready to get back to it today. It's very difficult to stay 100%, 100% of the time as I know all of you know. Last night I was thinking of the oldtimers here and how it must feel and be to NEVER eat anything that isn't 100% fresh and raw. Must be sumthin...

hangin in,

khale

Date: June 22, 2007 03:28PM

Hey everyone!!

My Bro-in-law is doing good and probably will not have any rehab. He will most likely go home to his Mom's house in a few days. He is out of the ICU. He will not be able to do a lot of things (drive, loud music, alcohol, ect.) for two weeks. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

We had a great day yesterday. We went to the pool. It didn't open til noon. We thought it surely would be open by ten so to kill time we went to a yard sale and I picked up some nice clothes for a few bucks. My daughter collects pretty dolls and she got three (bought two, got one free). After that we went to the park and ate cherries and strawberries til the pool opened. Got home in time to see obese kids on Dr. Phil. I was so happy to finally hear someone say over feeding a child junk is child abuse. Three cheers for Dr. Phil!!!! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Yesterday I ate:

-Tea
-cherries, strawberries, and crackers (sprouted kamut wheat, sprouted sunflower seeds. soaked flax seeds, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives and the juice, nama shoyu)
-tea
-mixed herb salad with tomatos, mung bean and alfalfa sprouts, crackers
-brazil nuts
Went to bed without my nightly tea sad smiley.

Have a great day!!!

Date: June 22, 2007 10:30PM

Khale---how fun...I loved Northern Exposure!!!!! I have lots of taped episodes, almost entire thing, I think.

Strawberries, banana, kiwi fruit bowl.

banana milk (3 bananas, 3 dates)

strawberries, papaya

Went swimming!

Salad---big bowl green leaf, 1.5 tomatos, some orange bell pepper, celery rib, and dressing....I made a tahini dressing that was so delicious. Also had 1.2 fuerte avocado and then said, ah, what the hell and had 2 sun dried olives. Oh, also one walnut. smiling smiley Sheesh, a bit of all the fat sources I have!!! At least, I did not go totally crazy. It sure was good. I felt so good afterwards, and I can think of a couple reasons why. smiling smiley I have been doing well; I am definitely doing my best. I just had this craving for big goopy salad and some fat. My GOAL is 80-10-10, averaged weekly (as discussed in book). I may not get to that "10" for awhile, or I may realistically expect to do better some weeks than others!

My goal for rest of day is to not have any more overt fats. I have watermelon, lots of oranges, plums, apples.

Take care everone.

Oh, usual large evacuation smiling smiley this morning, another 20 minutes later (typical), but, today, a THIRD immediately after eating salad!

I am going back in pool as soon as I believe I won't sink, LOL. (big salad)

Forward, onward, have good day everyone.

Date: June 22, 2007 10:31PM

PS--that was only 1/2 avocado. Just wanted to make that clear! smiling smiley

Date: June 22, 2007 11:11PM

Khale, good you're staying vegan. And no guilt. Good deal! One "sammich" ain't too bad. I could never eat just one of ANYTHING cooked. smiling smiley

Yay for Myst!

Elakti, I was wondering what that 1.2 avocado meant! Thanks for clearing that up.

Since today is supposed to be a greens day for me anyway, I thought I'd try doing just fruits and vegetables today - no fats - and see how that goes. Maybe my problem with greens is actually that I eat fats on the same day that I eat greens. Just fruits and nuts/seeds/avos don't seem to be a problem for me. It's when I eat those things PLUS veggies that I have problems, and I've always blamed that on the veggies. But maybe it's the veggie - fat combo that's causing problems rather than just the veggies. Anyway thought I'd give it a try and see.

So far, I'm not exactly thrilled by the results. For one thing, this morning, I had my usual bananas and oranges, then a little later, instead of having a half avocado, I had 2 leaves of red leaf lettuce. I didn't really mind that I found out the lettuce tasted pretty bad to me without my usual olive oil and lemonjuice dressing (that was educational!). What I did mind though was that I felt tired during my run and had to really push myself to finish. Maybe I just need to wait till after my run to eat greens.

I'll give it a fair trial and see how I feel tomorrow. If I feel OK, I'll try it another day. 2 days in a row will probably tell me more than just one day.

I'll post later with my day's food.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 22, 2007 11:51PM

i remember reading letteer in this museum i was working in and how people up here thought it was a HUGE trreat to get an orange in your xmas stocking smiling smiley well cuz oranges just werent to be had up here very often in northern canada

nifty smiling smiley

i love northern exposure too lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 23, 2007 03:18AM

I love northern exposure too. We refer to it all the time.

My father-in-law used to get oranges in his stocking too. He grew up on a south-central Texas farm. It was a big treat. See how spoiled we are?

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: June 23, 2007 05:12AM

Hi everyone! This is my first time logging onto the computer since I left for my road trip on June 4th. We flew from Philadelphia to San Jose, CA and traveled by car for 2 1/2 weeks northbound. We flew home from Portland, OR and arrived about 2am today (Friday). I had a lot of mixed feelings about staying raw while I traveled. There is no reason that I couldn't have. The reason I didn't was primarily laziness and lack of committment to myself. I ate raw meals daily (usually breakfast), but do not claim to have been raw. I'd be fooling myself.

Today I went shopping and stocked my fridge with beautiful juicy fruits and veggies. I feel so glad to be home after my wonderful vacation. I'm really looking forward to getting back into my routine with my family. I look forward to providing the three of us with delicious healthy raw meals, as I was doing before our trip.

You know, it's a great and true excuse to say "It's so hard to stick to (fill in the blank) when you're on vacation and out of your routine", but it's a cop out, actually. It's true that it's hard and everyone will agree with you and even offer you the phrase so you don't have to say it first. But the fact is, we (I'm totally generalizing, so if this doesn't pertain to you, just smile) use that excuse a lot. We don't want to be pushed outside of our comfort zone. We don't want to really work that hard, or shine that bright, or sing that loud...

Anyway, I am totally fine with how I spent the last few weeks. I made choices every day. I am reflecting on that and taking a look at my weaknesses. I'm taking a look at what allows me to so easily go back on my word to myself. Why is it so easy for me to break a promise to ME? Why don't I allow myself to tough it out or be inconvenienced? I would do it for you...but not me. Very interesting stuff. I told you in a post many weeks ago that this is the most intense spiritual, physical, emotional journey of our lives, this being raw thing!

I'm not going back to read all the posts I missed. I trust you are all right where you're supposed to be and healing yourselves on this journey. I'm here with you now. I brought my juicer back with me from my storage in Oregon. I bought a giant bag of organic carrots today. Tomorrow the juices will flow!! hehehe
Love and light,
Shawna

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 23, 2007 07:34AM

hmm well now i am in my room and i got the internet to work finally tonight...we called and ogt a different password and username......
i have to get some sleep it is getting so late like 1243 right now exhausted i am!!!
but here is what i ate today
1 cup of sprouts
1 cup of mushrooms
1 cup of tomatoes
1/2 cup of carrots
1 cup of cucumbers
2 cups of romaine
1 banana
1 orange
1/2 cup of jicama
1/2 cup of red and green bell peppers
hmm that is alll
have a wonderful wonderful evning

love always
earthangel

xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Current Page: 19 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables