Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 21 of 22
Re: Seven Weeks All Raw
Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 27, 2007 12:35AM

Hi everyone! My appetite has seriously went down from what it was..I hardly at anything last night at work.
I am doing good on the non-smoker front. Im still supplementing with clove cigs but Ive only had a couple, and im already sick of the taste lol. blech But its keeping the cravings down BIG time so thats awesome smiling smiley

I wish I could meet up with you all, but im only working part=time for the summer until my kidlets go back to school.. so I dont have alot of cash to go anywhere sad smiley
I hope you all have a great time though!! Its so exiting!! Mainstream?Trendy?? whats that lol??? Im a freak & social outcast hehe I only have a select few of friends also, and can be really shy at first, but I try to laugh alot and have tons of fun!

24 hrs
========
cabbage,peppers & onions,snap peas & garbonzos baked slightly with olive & coconut oil.. about 1-2 cups of food
couple bites of salad
1 lara bar
1/2 cup coffee w/ honey & soy milk
1 cup cashews
cherries
big salad(spring mix & broc & snap peas,carrots)
1 cup of coconut rum..LOL

~ Tiffany

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart,
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2007 12:36AM by myst1kst0rm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 27, 2007 12:40AM

...looks like we've got something goin on here!

I love the idea Suncloud. I'm seriously leaning toward, "you bet!"

Give me a little time to check things to make sure I'm not forgetting something or not factoring in something important, but on first glance, this seems do-able and like a lot of fun!

I'll PM you asaik

I'll be back with my dailies later,

khale

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 27, 2007 05:43AM

Hi Myst,

Congratulations! You're doing it! You're quitting smoking! Yay for you!

Too bad you can't make it for our get-together. If it happens, we'll miss you. I saw your picture, and you look very beautiful, friendly, and nice.

I almost saw the picture of Khale and Pakdforfun too, but for some reason, my computer wouldn't bring down the whole picture. I waited and waited, but only saw the tops of their heads!

Hi Rawdancer,

I keep thinking about your last post. I hope you don't mind my asking just one more time, are you sure you're OK? Methinks it's not such a good thing to feel like you're going to pass out, y'know?

You must have lost quite a bit of weight. Maybe for a little while, you could eat enough to maintain your weight, and then go again if you still feel you'd like to. Hope I haven't offended you!

Well, I'm not exactly the cookie monster myself today, because today I ate........nothing (just water). I think I'll be able to go through the night fasting - unlike last week. It was a very good fast. It felt good, and no discomfort. I even worked outside for a little bit.

Nite everybody.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 27, 2007 08:03AM

Hey everyone...how how fun you are all getting together for a little fun!! that is awesome awesome!!!! hope you all have a great time....

myst..good for you really doing it and quiting smoking soooo proud of yoU!! keep up the good work
xxoxoxox

here is what i ate today
1 cup of carrots
2 frozen bananas
1/2 cup of sugar snap peas
1 cup of sprouts
1/2 cup of broccoli
2 cups of romaine
1/2 cup of summer squash
1/2 cup of red bell pepper
2 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of cucumber

have a wonderful night everyone!!
sweet dreams
love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 27, 2007 12:27PM

Good morning my peoplez! How do it do?

Yesterday morning I tried a big glass of banana milk and really liked it a lot. It's a very good "glug, glug" kind of drink; nice for in the mornings.

I was low on food (Tuesdays are shopping days) so brought nothing else with me beside the banana milk, so by the time 3:00 p.m. rolled around and I was finishing up with work, I had honed a whopping appetite. I went to a little cafe and had a Greek salad without the feta. It was quite good with lots of seed-in black olives, red onions, tomato and cuke and a light, minty dressing.

For dinner I had a huge waldorf-type salad with apples, oranges, lots of celery, some pumpkin seed and a few walnuts. I smushed the slices of oranges around the chunked fruit really well, added a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a squirt or two of agave and that served as a dressing. Yum.

I purchased a lot of celery and cucumbers yesterday with plans to do more juicing in the next few days. I'm slowing down on the carrots as they are starting to feel a bit rich. My body appears to like variety and change as much as my personality, maybe even more. I'd really love to purchase a juicer that handles greens better. When I first started out I had a basket type juicer that handled greens very well, but I burned it out. My champion won't do greens at all, and I miss the intense green juices, such as kale and parsley that I used to enjoy.

anyway, its's gonna be an unavoidably busy day, so I'll be back a bit later

have a fun day everyone,

khale

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 27, 2007 02:46PM

Good day everyone!!!

I am feeling better and better. I am attributing it to taking my supplements regularly to rid myself of candida. The symptoms are better everyday. The hardest one for me is fatigue.

Myst, I am glad you are doing well not smoking. I remember clove cigs. I remember them being very perfumy. keep on keepin' on. Think about how many people that have quit before you. You can do it too.

Suncloud, I am taken aback by your generosity. Of course I/we would love to stay in the room. Thank you! Thank you! Perhaps I will be able to do something to repay you someday. We are definitely planning on meeting you there. I am trying to arrange to have my two little ones stay with family for the trip. I am so excited.

Khale and I are also thinking about going to a raw pot luck near Houston this weekend. It is at a woman's house who is associated with Storm and Jinjee. She is running one of their raw retreats. She will be giving some talks and I would love to go. I have been traveling a lot and have been (as you know) planning even more traveling in July so I am not sure if I am up to it. Gas prices are more than a small factor.

I am excited about expanding my raw social life. Socially raw is so hard. I love having the knowledge that I am not the only one out here living this way. I look at people now and unless they are young (and sometimes not even then) most people look unhealthy. Almost no one looks like they are in optimal health. Will it become so normal to look overweight and/or pasty and sickly that we won't even notice anymore? smiling smiley. Think of how this affects the general mood of our society.

Today I had no food to take with us. We were out of everything except dried fruits and nuts. That tided us over for a while but I broke down and got a cooked lunch. The kids were very happy. I wish they wouldn't act like they were going to an amusement park everytime they eat cooked. My six year old tells strangers we get to eat cooked today while jumping up and down while my eleven year old says "thank you, mama" in her most excited voice.

I ate:
-tea
-figs
-cooked lunch
-bananas, almond butter, honey and raisins (oooh, sooo yummy)
-3 more bananas

Fruit and vegetables seem to be getting tastier and tastier everytime I eat them. I especially notice with bananas and carrots, which used to seem a little bland to me. I can feel the juice in carrots now, before they seemed dry.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 27, 2007 05:22PM

Of course not suncloud!! You havent offended me, I am not feeling right at all.

I find it hard to eat enough, let alone enough to maintain! At the moment 5-6lb a week is typical. I could loose another 5-9 then I would be looking very small for my frame, am 5ft 6.

I very rarely want to eat, I will drink juice and nibble on a few grapes etc. but the last two weeks have just had no appetite at all! Have bought lots of apples and pears to try to get me to at least eat those.

I feel very sick today. Been sick twice.. not been a good day at work at all! The weekend left me drained, I hardly ate.. or drank water all weekend..now feel like death!

I had today

1 pear

water

1/3 cup blended soup (felt sick/was sick)

4 grapes, a few bits of melon- cubes, 4-6

still feel very ropey

hoping this passes as I didnt have much appetite last week anyways and am getting close to looking a bit boney..

If I can keep the fruit down then later will make a smoothie with coconut water, try to rehydrate a bit

Laters raw-some guys n gals smiling smiley

Raw_dancer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: June 27, 2007 06:51PM

omg Rawdancer.. I believe you are detoxing too fast!! sad smiley I would drink as much coconut water as you can get and try getting/juicing some fresh juices.. you need to slow down a bit I think. I'm very worried about you!! Bananas,figs might help?? Does anything you think about sound good to you?? I would try really hard to think about all kinds of foods and see what you are drawn to, then go buy some asap!! Letting our bodies tell us what we need is integral to our well-being I believe!! Take care & please keep us updated!!

Hey everyone! I'm doing pretty well still..the cloves are starting to make me ill, which is a good thing! I feel a craving, light up and BLECH! roflmao so my desire to smoke is getting less and less.. I think i have only 4 cloves left!! yay!! I used to love them soo much, they so smell good and leave a sweet taste on your lips.. but..UGH not reccomended for regular smoking LOL

Awwww Suncloud, thank you!! I really wish I could go too!! Mabey next year.. I told my husband that if i am still raw this time next year, that I am treating myself to a raw festival!! Hopefully the one in sedona..I LOVE that area, its so amazing!! Mabey we could all go together sometime?? grinning smiley But a raw campout sounds fun too if we dont have the cash to go to arizona lol..

Khale, that greek salad sounded wonderful..I want to make one now!!
It sounds like everyone is doing RAWsome!! Keep it up!! grinning smiley Have a blessed day!!

lol I forgot to post my menu...
----------------------------------
cashews,mixed nuts & raisins
2 cups spring greens mix w/ pods & broccoli
1 cup of soymilk,(organic,plain) & 1/2 cup coffee tongue sticking out smiley
bananna
2 cups of cherries
AM-brekkie
-------
red grapes
bananna
slice ezekiel w/ almond butter & honey
more coffee & soymilk

OK I think ive noticed a definite trend going on, I am more dehydrated, less hungry and ive stopped losing weight since i started back on the coffee..I think after I finish this cup here im quitting that too exept for an occasional treat!!!

~ Tiffany

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2007 06:59PM by myst1kst0rm.

Date: June 27, 2007 07:08PM

Hi Rawdancer,

So sorry to hear you're not feeling good. You didn't ask, but still I wish I knew of some great tip to help you get your strength and appetite back. I'm not sure though that I've ever had the experience of losing my appetite - even during fasting. I'm small, but I've always loved to eat!

It's very possible that you've recently brought your body to the point where there's some really ruckky stuff that's finally wanting to come out, and until it does, you won't feel like putting much more of anything into it. The old detox thing.

On the other hand, we humans always like to project our own experience on others smiling smiley, and I'm no exception, so I thought I should mention that the only time I found it impossible to eat (without severe nausea and heartburn, and then finally very severe pain in my chest and gut) is when I had a very serious amoeba. It eventually got to the point where the only thing I could eat without pain and nausea was fruit. (Ah fruit. Without it, maybe I would have starved!) If you think that might possibly be the case with you, you might consider getting lab tested.

But at least you're not bony yet! And that's a good thing. So maybe in a very short while, things will turn around, and you'll feel better and be able to eat a little more.

So I hope you feel better soon! But meanwhile, so glad you're posting here.

Date: June 27, 2007 07:18PM

Hi again, Rawdancer!

I just read the post from Myst, and I thought her suggestion sounded really good!

Hi Pakdforfun,

If it turns out to be difficult to find someone to take the kids, the room in Austin has the full kitchen. So if the kids want some cooked food, you'll be able to cook for them there. smiling smileysmiling smiley Just thought I'd mention that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2007 07:26PM by suncloud.

Date: June 27, 2007 07:26PM

Thanks guys

I have put some banana's out on the windowsill to warm/ripen up. I have had a litre of water and took a slow shower, trying not to get dizzy etc.

Good ideas!

Will report back

More water and warm nettle tea for me

Shame I have to go to work tommorow!! could use a long long sleep!

Love

Raw_dancer xxxx

Date: June 27, 2007 09:31PM

Rawdancer, so sorry you are feeling so poorly. I have no idea what is wrong with you. My only advice may or may not be relevant. I remember reading that when Jinjee was sick from detoxing Storm told her to feel better she should slow it down with a little cooked wild rice and she did and it helped. I don't know if your problem is detox or if you would even want cooked adice, but there it is if you do. I am sending positive energy your way.

Date: June 28, 2007 07:34AM

Good evening to everybody. Or I guess good morning to most!

I just had fruit today until about 1:30, and then I had some sprouted kamut mixed with chopped roma tomato, chopped orange bell pepper, a bit of shredded dulse, a tiny bit of olive oil and a little bit of lemon juice.

Altogether today I had bananas, peaches, nectarines, lychees, the kamut mixture using 1/4 cup kamut (measured dry), a couple pieces of coconut, and 4 brazil nuts.

Exercise: ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, 50 minutes aerobics with weights

I'll be thinking of you tonight rawdancer and wishing you well. smiling smiley

Date: June 28, 2007 07:54AM

Hey there ladies!!! well i think we have lost everyone but khale...pakd4fun..suncloud..rawdancer and myst !!!! only us gals left...everyone else seems to have disappeared!! i sure hope you are all alright...check in with us smiling smiley

oh your retreat sounds so nice...i bet you will have an amazing time!!!
take care and have a wonderful evening i NEEd sleep!!!

here is what i ate today
2 cups of sprouts
1/2 cup of broccoli
1/4 cup of raw corn
3 mushrooms (not stuffed just with garlic on them )
1 cup of spring mix/baby spinach mix salad
1 capari tomato
2 thin slices of avo
1/2 papaya

good night everyone!!
sweet dreams
love always
earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 28, 2007 01:43PM

Good morning everyone

Suncloud: There appears to be a lag in our e-mail communications, but no worries...I am receiving your notes so things are moving along as planned.

Pakd4fun: I laughed out loud at this: "I wish they wouldn't act like they were going to an amusement park everytime they eat cooked. My six year old tells strangers we get to eat cooked today while jumping up and down while my eleven year old says "thank you, mama" in her most excited voice."

Too freakin funny! and you wonder why we encourage your "long" posts. But, how to take the magic out of cooked in the eyes of your children? Something that occurred to me: take the word "cheat" out of your vocabulary. Use the word "allow" instead. I think that the word cheat has a flip wilson-esque-the-devil-made-me-do-it kind of naughty quality that makes the experience of eating cooked more glamourous than it needs to be. The forbidden has a certain allure, you know?

Raw-dancer: What's going on babydoll? Why are you feeling poorly? It seems to me, based on your posts, that you either need to suspend normal activity and rest for awhile OR to add more dense, caloric food to your daily menu. Do keep us posted on how you are doing and feeling. Remember, this isn't a race to a designated finish line...its a journey, a process, an adventure. You want to keep the fun/work ratio as even as possible.

Speaking of "a journey, a process, an adventure"...I received David Wolfes' "Sunfood Diet Success System" via UPS early yesterday evening. I've only had time to skim through, but I kid you not, this is the kind of book I've envisioned writing. He doesn't leave anything out. He envisions the diet holistically and fully anticipates the ripple effect that it can have on ones' entire life. I think I'm gonna like it. He does seem to be his own biggest fan...but maybe that's how it should be. He is a beauty though, isn't he...

Yesterday morning I made a blender full of banana/peach "milk"...drank a glass on the way to work and then the rest a bit later. I nibbled on a few dried apricots and some soaked almonds early afternoon and then had a quarter of a large watermelon for lunch when I got home. Early evening I had juice of celery, cucumber and half an apple, then about two hours later I prepared a tomato sauce enriched with pinenuts and topped it with diced zucchini. Yum.

I keep encountering "The Law of Attraction" everywhere I go! Two days ago a friend lent me a copy of Esther and Jerry Hicks book by that name (I've avoided this book because of the "woo-woo" factor - the whole channeling thing brings out the skeptic in me big-time, which I know seems to be a contradiction considering my interest in divination and such, but I'm very leery of the angel guides, crystal magic, wiccan weirdness, in short, anything published by Llewellyn..lol) Wolfe has a chapter in his book entitled "The Law of Attraction" and this morning Jinjee used this phrase in her newsletter. I'm apparently attracting the law of attraction! We'll see where that leads...

Welp, time to scoot

talk soon

love, k

Date: June 28, 2007 02:31PM

I haven't been getting Jinjee's newslwtters. What did I do? I am going to re-sign up.

Thanks for the word "Cheat" advice. Someone else had brought it to our attention and we started saying "we are going to eat cooked" instead. I think "allow cooked" is even better. I like your analogy of the word "cheat." It IS like the devil made me do it thinking. It had never occured to me before. We just used it and it doesn't really apply because we consider it a part of our diet that is evolving to a higher place.

Khale, when you make cantaloupe milk how do you do it? Do you put everything, seeds and all, in the blender?

I would love to learn more about David Wolfe. The first time I saw him I thought "he is so beautiful!" And then I liked what he had to say. I was thinking you might like his chocolate book khale.

Myst- Khale, my family and I are driving to the Raw Spirit Fest this year. Are you interested in going? What about meeting us there Earthangel? Anyone else? Wouldn't that be grand. It would be quite a trip for you rawdancer.

Yesterday was fantastic. I went around my yard with a wheelbarrow and picked up pine cones and fallen limbs for about three hours. It was during the heat of the day and I thought "This feels great I am not even hot and I am full of energy, barely breaking a sweat. It's great to be raw." Then my friend came over and said it just isn't as hot and humid today. She burst my bubble. I thought it was me.

I ate:
-Tea
-bananas (3 or 4)
-kids leftover apple
-yummy spinach, strawberry, pineapple, pecan salad with raspberry vinegrette
-tea
-ginger almond nori rolls with chinese dipping sauce and miso-wakame soup. Very tasty

Date: June 28, 2007 04:42PM

Today has been a struggle, really could of done without working today. I am a dizzy shakey wreck now.

Thanks for all the support guys, suncloud, khale n others!!

Today had

1 bowl of strawberries

1 small cup orange juice

I felt so queasy after that. have just been having water.

Feel a complete mess, I hope this is detox!! some nasty bugs going about at work.. dont know whats wrong sad smiley

Hope everyones okay anyways

Raw_dancer xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 28, 2007 10:18PM

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well. Just dropping in quickly and briefly...can't stay long enough to really catch up, altho' I quickly read some posts and it looks like some of you are going to get together...that would be cool.

All is well with me, enjoying my food, still all raw with good sleep, good elimination, etc. Today--soon---will swim in pool and eat watermelon after!
Studying russian all morning outside, eating bananas, blueberries, then canteloupe after the bananas and blueberries were out of stomach. I still don't know why melons should be eaten all by themselves. Anyway, watermelon is next on menu. Plan to have romaine wraps later with some yellow crookneck squash bits included with tomato and olives and a squiggle of tahini dressing. Am also craving celery with that. The squash is growing in garden. I may have some celery as soon as I get out of pool. Celery sounds very good right now.

I have mangos and plums that I will probably eat in early evening.

Take care all,
Elakti smiling smiley

Date: June 28, 2007 11:17PM

Elakti!, so good to hear from you...sounds to me that you are doing fantastically well. Gosh! but I love the company I'm in!

Pakd4fun: First you scoop the seeds, put them in the blender and add water...somewhere between 4 and 6 cups depending on the amount of seeds and how rich you want the "milk". Then you strain this to remove the pieces of seeds, and put the strained juice back in the blender with one cup or so of the cantaloupe flesh and viola! you've got a sweet, refreshing drink. I plan to have this for breakfast again tomorrow! I love it.

Your spinach salad sounds delicious. I'll bring David Wolfes' book next time we meet. I've been reading some this afternoon and enjoying it very much. I am curious about his "naked chocolate". What could he possibly have to say that would fill a book on the subject? hmmm. but then I've seen whole books written on papaya, chlorella, coconuts and so on...so, ya know.

Raw-dancer: Take off tomorrow; get some rest. I could feel your struggle all the way over here! Why push so hard?

Lets see...I had o.j. this morning, then sipped yet another mug of banana milk later, then had a small handful of soaked almonds. Came home and had a mixed greens salad and used the leftover tomato sauce from last night to dress it, which was pretty darned good, and then, about two hours later, had chunks of watermelon that I slurped from the bowl.

Not sure yet about tonight. Maybe a mango and avocado salad..that always goes down good. Or maybe I'll roll up the same in a nori sheet. I bought nori the first week we began the 7 weeks and I still haven't used any yet. Maybe its time.

I wish we were ALL meeting in Austin the end of this month. I'd love to sit face to face with each of you.

Myst: where in Arkansas are you?

talk later,

khale

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2007 11:49PM

Half of the book "naked chocolate" is about the history of chocolate, the how and why other cultures have used chocolate, another big part is on recipes.

Date: June 29, 2007 01:21AM

Thanks djatchi.

I assume you've read it. Have you also read The Sunfood Diet Success System?

What do you think of the book?

khale

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 29, 2007 01:46AM

I have read "naked chocolate" but not Sunfood Diet.
"naked chocolate" is really good on recipes with cocoa, they have plenty of them and in color. It is also has a good section on the nutrients in raw cocoa. I would say 40 percent is on recipe, 30 on history, 30 on nutrients.

Date: June 29, 2007 02:50AM

Hey everyone smiling smiley everything is going well with me. I had a good day, went swimming, cashed my check, went shopping, played at the park with the kids..came home and went swimming again LOL. And ive had NO cigarettes all day!! The fact of the matter is I am not even craving any really..weird lol
One thing that happened today was i went into greenbriar fitness center today and told them that ive been wanting to join but havent got the money up yet, told them I quit smoking and have been 90% raw for almost a month now. They told me they will waive my joining fee of 50$!!! All I have to pay is the 40$ monthly fee.. which is awesome!! The best part of all?? Is they are RAW Foodists too!!! grinning smiley I cant believe it lol, talk about synchronicity!! It is a husband & wife who run the place..their kids are raw too!! I am soo exited lol!! I SO want to be around other raw foodies smiling smiley

Khale, I live about 30 minutes north of conway.. I am in conway every other day.. I love to drive and im used to driving long distances. I would love to meet you all sometime! I wish I could go SOOO BAD to the raw spirit fest but i wont be able to afford it, and we have no baby sitters sad smiley Its just me & my hubby taking turns..
If I start saving, I mIGHT be able to go next year, but i will have to fly so i wont have to be gone as long..

last 24 hrs menu
----------------
1/2 a cantalope..shared with my son
cherries
3 clementines
spring veggie mix salad
2-3 cocnut date rolls
srawberries,pineapple,cantalope,honeydew,grapes-at the park
pineapple juice
2 cups spring veggie mix salad
1 flat peach
a few goji berries
a couple figs

oh and also i quit coffee because it was messing with my appetite and making me feel sick a bit.. I never drank that last cup I had made lol

Hope everyones doing great!!!

~ Tiffany

Posted by: brendajoyce ()
Date: June 29, 2007 04:00AM

I bombed totally. Don't know if I was ready, if I am really committed enough in my mind and heart. As soon as I committed to the 7 weeks, stresses hit that I could not withstand, and the cooked-food addictions were right there. Finances changed, my relationship with a close friend changed, etc. etc. I lost my power.

If I learned anything, it's that I have a lot of food/money issues, scarcity thinking, poverty thinking. Things from my childhood, when macaroni and cheese would sit heavy in a child's belly, but salad and apples digested too quickly, they didn't 'stick to the ribs' like meats and potatoes, and casseroles. Apples and suchlike were picked by the bushel baskets and canned, made into jelly, sauce or pie. Eating the berries or any fruit before it was prepared for the family was criminal. Now of course, I know that thinking is ridiculous, but still Feel guilty when I reach for the fruits and veggies. Like I am eating a luxury food. Other thinking I have to fix is about emotional stuff: food as a weapon; or eating as a power struggle. We were raised to eat everything put in front of us, whether we were hungry or not, liked it or not, or even if it made us sick. I remember being afraid I would vomit if I ate the stewed tomatoes, and they have always smelled like vomit to me. I was bulimic, then as a teenager. So emotional stuff sometimes triggers confusing food issues. Yes, I did receive counseling for it, and have gotten to know myself and trust myself better, but in the face of severe or unexpected issues, the old confusion can rise up.

So that is my 7 weeks. I didn't realize what was still in me as far as emotional toxicity, so I guess this was good.

I can't say I totally bombed really, because I have been 80 or 90 percent raw most days, but after a couple days when I crashed pathetically, I just didn't feel like I should write. But I am so glad for the ones that have made it, and I am going to keep at it. I just think I wasn't quite ready to be committed, and I need to rewire some thinking.

I'm not meaning to 'blog' here; I just happened to notice earthangel's comment about everyone dropping out, so thought I would explain my reason. I am usually around here reading.

Date: June 29, 2007 06:59AM

Hi Everyone!

Dear Rawdancer,

Sounds like you're still under the weather. I think Khale is right. You need a good rest. Sometimes just stress can be entirely too emotionally draining.

It worries me that you're feeling queasy after such a small amount of food - and only fruit. Maybe it IS some kind of bug, and you'll feel like eating more again after you've had a rest.

But if not, how do you feel about doctors? Or a naturopath? It might be worthwhile to consider consulting with someone who can actually see you and maybe do some testing for the problem. It never hurts to get an opinion. Then you can do what you want with it.

I would say, at the very least, consider getting your blood tested to determine your mineral levels, and have a fecal exam. The testing won't hurt you, and you can do whatever you want once you know the results. The more of everything you know, the more options you'll have.

Hope that wasn't too preachy. smiling smiley Please continue to let us know how you're doing. We'll be thinking of you!

Thanks brendajoyce for checking in!

Don't worry. Just like all of us, if you just keep trying, you'll do better and better until it's second nature. I guess some people can do it right away, and maybe it's too bad that it's usually not that easy.

On the other hand, if the road's a little rougher, I think we can learn so many life lessons along the way, and maybe we wouldn't learn anything at all if the way were not so long and often hard.

If Khale starts this again for another 7 weeks, maybe you can try again. smiling smiley And if you feel you're still not ready, that's OK too!

Either way, so glad you stopped in to say hello!

Myst, you're doing so well with the smoking, the coffee, the food, and now the fitness center! That's great. Must've been good karma that got you that great discount at the fitness center. smiling smiley Looks like your life is heading in a very positive direction!

Today I had bananas, oranges, soaked jungle peanuts (if you're there Meow, the peanuts are back!), apples, part of a mamey sapote, blueberries, one of those tiny Haas avocados, I guess about 1/8 cup sprouted brown sesame seeds (measured dry), and about 1/8 cup sunflower seeds (measured dry).

So far so good still with the kamut experiment on Wednesday. I could feel it a little, but not too bad.

Exercise: ran 3 miles, walked 1 mile, checking out now to do aerobics with weights.

Be seeing everyone tomorrow!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2007 07:02AM by suncloud.

Date: June 29, 2007 11:38AM

Good morning!

I'm weighing in at 145 - that's an approximate 8lb. reduction from 153 when we began the 7 weeks. I go through phases of not paying a great deal of attention to my appearance and weight to becoming Miss Vainy Voluptua for awhile. Recently, I haven't been paying much attention: not weighing, not preening, not worrying about clothes, makeup, hair. So this morning I was a bit surprised to see 145 on the scale - I haven't weighed in that low since living on beer and ben and jerrys while living in the Florida Keys - at which time everyone said that I looked "gaunt", but no one is saying that now, as this 145 is quite different from the previous one.

Myst: Congratulations on your success with putting away the cigs! woohoo! and girl! look what you are attracting into your life! another couple in Conway Arkansas that eat a raw diet! that's totally awesome dude! You see? you see! you see! - once we make a commitment the whole universe of unseen forces rushes in to give us what we need and want to support our goals. How very encouraging that is to all of us! way to go!

...and how, btw, do those flat, fuzzy peaches taste? I've seen them in the markets. They remind me of what a navel would look like if you could isolate it from the rest of the body.

Brendajoyce: thank you for checking in. It seems that you've gained a great deal of insight over these last 7 weeks. don't underestimate the value in that -once we begin to see the beliefs that are holding us back we can begin replacing those beliefs with new ones. I will be starting another 7 weeks in a week or two (if the forum will indulge us) and I hope that you will join us again...next time do try and post every day whether you are doing well in your own eyes or not. I too "bombed" several times during this 7 weeks, but very few people, if any, negotiate a straight path to their goals...and this is as it should be, because it's all the detours and cul-de-sacs and roadblocks that provide surprise encounters, opportunities, and self-knowledge that we need to keep the journey interesting. Just imagine setting a goal and then reaching it in three days. What would happen then? You'd just have to set another goal - because its part of being human to want more; to be challenged and to have a struggle worthy of us. (Which is exactly what Suncloud said, except without all the wordiness...lol)

raw-dancer: I DO hope that you are home and in bed today. I'll be holding you up in my heart.

EA - I missed seeing a post from you this morning. Hope you are well.

well guys, believe it or not, I'm out of things to say.

Have a wonder-full Friday. See ya tonight...

khale

Date: June 29, 2007 06:19PM

Good Friday everyone!!!

Wow, so many good posts today.

Rawdancer- I am a little worried about you too. I hope you take suncloud's advice about a doctor to heart. You can get weak really quickly. Hopefully it was a virus or something and you're already much better.

Thanks for the recipe Khale and I look forward to our next visit and checking out Wolfe's book.

brendajoyce, I loved reading your post. I love knowing that there are others out there that are picking apart and re-evaluating their relationship with food while most are denying their health problems have anythign to do with it.. I have always liked to eat almost everything and ate whatever I wanted. I only started working at maintaining my weight atfter my first child. I became vegetarian years ago and for the first time thought about all the things I had been taught about food. What was good, what was good for me. I feel like I have a disorder if I can not just tell myself I don't want that and then not eat it but can't shake the cravings for it. I take food that I want to stop eating and analyze it from when I put it in my mouth until a few days later. Yesterday I let my six year old buy chips. they were all natural with no art. flav. or colorings (which she has a known sensitivity to as well as dairy and soy) but they were cheese. Her behavior was eratic after she ate them. She became unbearably silly and couldn't control it and was kicked out of a game with the other kids. They had friends over. We talked about how the chips could have caused that, especially the dairy. We will try them again in a few weeks and let her see how they affect her. Then she will have a concrete reason for not choosing them over yummy strawberries or banana. In a way I am doing the same for myself and it is a process but I need to make the choice on my own terms. I guess I have a lot of child still in me.

yesterday I ate:

-tea
-bnanas
-figs, figs
-part of an orange, part of pear Sharing with kids
-tea
-gezpacho (sp) all the usual ingredients. Is there anything with more flavor than this soup with all fresh ingredients? yum!!!
-tea

I have to go to see my Bro in law this weekend. He isn't doing well. He has some brain damage. I hate to speculate on how bad it is because we just don't know but it ain't great. It appears he maybe shouldn't have been released from the hospital. We may leave tonight so it may be a couple days til I post.

Take care!!
-

Date: June 29, 2007 06:27PM

Hi Pakdforfun,

Hope your brother in law is OK! And hope you are too.

Date: June 29, 2007 06:57PM

hey khale..aww thanks hun.....i am sorry i am sooo super busy and was working till the middle of the night and then fell asleep on my bed with the computer on my lap....but i am doing well!! you sound like you are doing amazing..that is awesome...congrats on losing weight..such an amazing feeling!!
keep up the good work!!
lots of love
earthangel
xoxoxoxo

oh and i am wanting to go to the raw food spirit festival...so let me know about that..can't make it all the way to austin though
smiling smiley

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 30, 2007 08:21AM

Congratulations Khale on losing 8 pounds!

Today I had:

-bananas
-a nectarine
-strawberries
-peaches
-a very dinky haas avocado
-lychees
-I think 1/3 cup sprouted kamut (measured dry) with a teaspoon of olive oil, a chopped roma tomato, chopped slice of red bell pepper, shredded dulse, and lemon juice (very delicious I thought)
-4 brazil nuts

I felt really good all day.

Exercise: 1 hour yoga, walked 4 miles, 50 minutes aerobics with weights.

Current Page: 21 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables