Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 14
Re: A little help please for getting back to raw food
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 20, 2007 04:15AM

112 lbs
Traveling all day and then a 4 hour acting class ahhh. Will only write what i ate.
2 kiwis
some raisins
guacomole (2 avacados, garlic, lime, tomatoes)
lots of carrots
1 grapefruit
1.5 larabars
1 apple with almond butter

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 20, 2007 05:13AM

Hey girl...good job today especially because it can be hard when on the road all day and needing to nourish your body with something healthy and raw so you did awesome!!! congrats for you....my roomie is okay thank you...she got really worried but it wasn't as bad as it seemed to her..have wonderful evening!! talk to you soon!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 21, 2007 02:12AM

113 lbs (WTF?)
I guess no exercise really makes me gain. I didn't think i ate that much yesterday though. So on top of gaining a pound back i got a fitness assment done at the gym. Probably not the best of idea's bcause the lady weighed me and then did that thing where they check how much fat you have and i just freaked out. I told her one of my goals was to loose weight and she said i needed to monitor really closely what i was eating and make sure i was eating well. I was like I'm a freaking raw foodist how much better can i do for myself. Also not the best thign for a person recovering from an ed to hear. Ah well.
4 small blood oranges
4 bananas
1 grapefruit
1 normal orange
1 small salad with lettuce, lime juice, 4 peppers,3 cucumbers, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and olive oil
later had another salad with lettuce, carrots, cucumber, olives(not raw), and chick peas (not raw), dressing was also not raw (honey mustard) All the non raw stuff made my tummy churn
6 sheets of nori with kimchee and mustard
1 bite of raw chocolate (OMG soooo good i can't believe i restrained myself to 1 bite it was amazing)
1/4 raw revolution bar
I worked out at the gym a bit and had a workout in physical acting class. My legs are still shaking. Sachelle i really want to do the no dinner hting with you. I used to never eat dinner. Cousens talks about how usually the best time for oyu to eat is between 7 and 2 so that's going to be my goal. I think that will help kick some of these pounds off. Didn't go to ballet tonight. I'm really tired and my body is fighting off a virus of some kind. I'm going to go to bed even though it's only 9:00. Night girlies.
xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 21, 2007 06:00AM

Hey love!!! i know your pain i am stuck in this weight plateau and have no idea what to do....you are eating healthy and raw and not a lot of kcals...hmm that is weird...are you drinking enough water to get out all the toxins????? don't worry about the crazy lady at the gym...i know what you mean they are always trying to tell you to eat this or don't eat this or do this...and then when it doesn't work they think you aren't listening haha...things work differently with different bodies, you know....but hang in there girl we are going to get through this....it is a tough world...i just want to give up sometimes and go back to old habits but i know that i have to keep strong.....you know you can text me anytime as well..the no eating after 2 is great idea!! it sounds good to me too....i am up for it...but i have to be really good and watch my kcal intake..because i usually don't eat before 1 haha....cuz i usually don't eat when i wake up i get ready for my day and go and then will think about eating something later...so i have to watch myself but for sure up for it!! have a good night hun take care and sweet dreams
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 21, 2007 12:16PM

dearest starfruit-how did u fix your nori sheets? i want to know if i need a japanese rolling matt to make the nori rolls?what do u put in them?u sound like u are doing really good at this starfruit.hugs and have a wonderful day.taylor

Date: February 22, 2007 02:25AM

113 lbs (ugh)
1 banana
2.5 blood oranges
1 grapefrut
2 kiwi's
1.5 raw revoltution bars
3/4 of a raw chocolate bar (my tummy hurt a little after though. too much fat)
handful of raw granola
salad w/mixed greens, 5 grape tomatoes, 1 carrot sliced and the best dressing ever(almonds,lemon,garlic,parley,dill,and sea salt)
I thought i would be fine but then when i got home i had 3 sheets of nori with kimchee. Oops. I was just so hungry. I swear i am going to do this tomorrow. What's wrong with me? I took an horu and a half intensive dance class today. Lot's of fun. Have a personal training thing tomorrow. Sachelle did the no dinner thing help you at all loosing weight? Oh i loved your adorable text p.s. :-D I'm drinking a fair amount of water. Maybe i should just go on a fast to rid my body of some of this stuff. Well i'm glad you are staying strong Sachelle, but why aren't we dropping this weight? We are both eating so well and so little. Ugh. Eat after 2 if you only start eating at 1 though because i don't see how you can cram all your calories for the day into 1 hour. Well sweet dreams girl .I'm texting you the next time i try to eat dinner. Jeeze where is my self control. Thanks for the support Taylor and I hope your nori rolls work out. There are one of my favorite things right now.
Love to all,
Starfruit

Date: February 22, 2007 02:46AM

hey gals-i was thinking of going back to at least eating vegan...but could nt make myself.i am at a plateau also.drives me nuts.anyway-i can not not eat at dinner time.it seems the evening is when i really want to nibble.starfruit-what is kimchee? well good luck gals.hugs taylor

Date: February 22, 2007 03:17AM

Yeah it's hard not eating at dinner. Used to do it all the time. Lost the control. Peoples digestitve systems work diffrently. IF you want food at nigth it proably means you need it. When i want food it at night it is usually a craving and not a need. TOngiht my tummy was actually grumbling though for food. Kim chee is a korean food. It is live fermetned cabbage. It's usually very spicy and sometiems has other veggies added. It's really yummy. They have it at most grocery stores. Just ask. If you don't like really hot stuff though i would stay away. I know this plateauing thing is really frustrating. I don't know how to get pastit. What made you consider going off raw?Just curious. Hugs to you!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 22, 2007 05:44AM

Hey girlie...well don't feel bad i ate dinner tonight too...it didn't really move that needle in the scale at all...it is sooo upsetting i don't KNOW what to do really....i will write more when i get home later...i just gota call while i was writing and my friend is on the way to get me and i have to straighten my hair haha...i love ya and i will finsih this soon!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 22, 2007 10:22AM

hey sorry for the word message but it was all of a sudden my friend called and said he was like 10 minutes away lol...and i wasn't ready...but anyways....yeah i ate dinner tonight it was a raw red pepper soup with fresh chopped veggies in it!! it was really good...and i drank my green smoothie with a head of green leaf lettuce,an apple and pear.......so i did pretty good today...but the scale needle didn't move so that was a bummer...hmm i went out tonight though and had so much fun with some friends i hadn't seen lately because i have been so focused on this raw thing i have not had any fun.....well girlie i hope you are having sweet dreams!!! aww glad you liked the text haha...my little girl i nanny for dani was so excited to text you haha....
well take care and i will talk to you soon!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 22, 2007 07:59PM

hey babygirl!! well that was supposed to say weird message haha i better read it all make sure it isn't crazy i was tired it was late when i got home....okay just read it looks like i don't mess anything up haha....well i just wanted to say hello and ih ope all is well with you today!! take care and be safe!! have a great day!!! i will check in later with you!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 23, 2007 03:27AM

So glad you got out and had fun with your friends. That's super important. Those girls sounds so cute. Ahhh i'm so frustrated with all this weight stuff. Well we will get through this.
113lbs
1.5 blood oranges
2 bananas
1/4 bag raw granola
1 smoothie in the mronign with frozen cherries and orange juice adn 1 at 5:00. Usedwhole bag of cherreis and 3 cups of oj in total
2 sheets of nori w/salad dressing i made yesterday, mustard, and kimchee
3 hours of dance class
1.5 hours of combat (bac flips etc.)
1 hour with the personal trainer doing weights etc.
I'm exhausted. I better loose these freakin pounds!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 23, 2007 11:57AM

Hey girlie girl!!! i know the feeling it is getting so awful lately with all of our hard work and nothing to show yet...but you know what we are trying we are doing healthy things for our bodies and we should be happy about that!!!
so hmm...dance class that is awesome..tap today right??? what exactly is it that you are working towards in school acting right????? hmm tell me about it how is that going and how far are you into everything.....
yeah i would love to hang out and show you around san diego it is great here...i love it haha....
well love keep up the great work and keep doing fantabulous with everything!!!
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 24, 2007 01:50AM

113 lbs (I got on the scale and it said 110 and i was so excited and then i was like "really" i lost that much so i got back on and it said 113 ahhhhhhhhhhhh bummer)
Smoothie (orange juice, 1 mango, a few frozen strawberries, 1/2 banana)
1 banana
6 nori sheets w/the usual lol
2 kiwi's
1/2 bag of banana chips
1 bag of raw cashews
1 soy chai (bad bad idea my tummy hurt sooo much ugh cooked food)
Then my dad too my sister and i out to Pure Food and Wine (raw foods place) and i had a seaweed salad and raw tiramisu which was incredible and tasted lie it had milk, and flour, and eggs in it. I don't know how they did it. Had some cocounut water too.
You're right Sachelle. We are treating our bodies very well even if there isn't weight loss so we should be celebrating not worrying. I'm at Circle In The Square in NYC which is a professional acting program. I have 36 hours of class a week. I take 17 diffrent classes a week 26 per week plus extra dance and voice stuff. It's crazy but i love it so much. I've been acting since i was 4. I am aiming to have a solid stage career. I'm not interested in film. Hope that answers that for you. Tell me more about what you do. Alright well i should spend time with the family while they are here. Love you all lots and thanks again for your support and for welcoming me into your raw family.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 24, 2007 04:43AM

Hey love!!! wow that is really cool about the classes and dance how amazing!!! i am soo proud of you! you are doing wonderful..........and i am sure you an awesome actress and perform so well on stage!!!! i can just picture it now!! i am a nanny for two beautiful children they are wonderful....and i am really a nurse haha i went to school for it when i moved out here more of my dad's choice because i worked sooo hard to get into fashion school in london...i spent months on my portfolio and designing clothes and making them only to get in and my dad decide he really felt nursing was something i needed to do...(it was a stable career...not like my love for the fashion and glamour industry!!!) so i went to school....now i am saving money and waiting until i am old enough to get a loan without them using my parents tax info so i can be accepted and go to fashion school!!! so that is me haha....i am glad we are getting to know other parts of life you know...not just the food stuff ahah...we don't want to become our own obsessive raw food club haha anyways hun...i hope you have a great time with your family tonight!! i wish my family was close to me so that i could hang out..but they are all the way back hometown of knox,indiana haha...take care tlak to you soon
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 24, 2007 12:30PM

dear starfruit-i love the kimchee.good stuff. oh-cause i was having so much bloated and constipation on eating so many green salads.was sick for days.but i figure i could go to green smoothies instead.hugs and lucky u!! 110 pounds. wow.so tiny.have a happy day.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: February 25, 2007 05:51AM

What a wierd yucky day.
112 lbs yay i lost a pound
1 smoothie w/orange juice banana and frozen strawberries
2 bananas
8 nori sheets w/usual
salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and carrots almond dressing
1 berry smoothie finished 3/4 of it
1 piece of mana date bread
1 piece of banana bread (vegan and wheat free but still Argh i'm so pissed i caved in cuase i have been doing so well .I don't know what happened)
2 pieces of bread when i went out to dinner with friends argh
2 scoops of sorbet mango
I really f'ed up today. I just lost all control. I was kind of depressed today though so that may have somethign to do with it. All i wanted to do was make myslef throw that all up but i didn't. I went ice skating in the morning in central park which was lovely with my sister and dad. Then they left i had a singing lesson went ot the gym did some errands. I don't know why i was feeling os lousy. OH man now I'm paying ofr it my tummy is killing me. My friend who is a meat and potatoe eater from Kentucky wants to try raw now that i've told her about. She is really excited. I told her about you Sachelle cuase we were texting when i was with her. She says hello. Sachelle i love fashion so much. It's my 2nd passion. If i wan't acting that's what i'd be doing. That is so so cool! I can't believe yourr folks did that. Well you need to just do it on your own cuase i bet you are brilliant at it. You should coem to NYC and study at the fashion institute. I'm glad we aren't jsut talking about food too lol It's good not to get oo obsessed. You know today i felt htat iw as going into binge mode and i was aware i was doing it but i couldn't pull out. IT's so frustrating .I've got to figure out how to do that. Hope you had fun at the b-day party adn thanks for the texts! Taylor so glad you like Kimchee. I love it. Are you feeling nay better now? I love the pictures oyu have of your meal in the other forum. So beautiful. I wish 110 no my scale played a trick on me. Ugh. I'm sure i'll gain weight again after today of stupid eating even though i finally got off my plateau. I really could cry right now. Anyway sorry to make this a depressing post. Have a lovley night ladies.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 25, 2007 06:52AM

hmm well looks like we both had a bad day haha..... even though i was trying so hard and eating raw foods i gave in....i haven't given in in sooooooo long what is my deal...i think my negative thoughts regarding my body and weight even though i am doing everything right is starting to affect me.....i caved in tonight too and i feel soooo guilty i don't know what to do...i have been wanting to throw it up all night...i even had thoughts of drinking so much that i would throw up and it would somehow in a weird twisted way(not the first time i have tried to think up something that would ease my guilt of throwing up) would make me throw up and it wouldn't be my fault it would be the alcohol...but i didn't i stayed strong only because i knew that you were all the way in nyc struggling with me and you were staying strong otherwise look out i was on my way to regressing.......i had 4 pieces of tortilla chips,and like 2 cups of pasta sauce....i put it on raw live sprouts but still i ate all that pasta sauce out of a jar which you know is cooked......and 4 tortilla chips may not seem like a lot to the naked eye but it was to me and to people who have a bit of over the top thoughts of food intake (didn't want to say obsessive haha)...anyways i feel like crap and i know i am going to pay for it in the morning when i step on that scale and feel bloated and like i have gained 200 pounds.....but anyways enough about me...i just wanted you to know you weren't alone and that i know how hard it is to try so hard but still cave...i had been doing so good for what 4 weeks......and then i had odd feelings knew it was something i was going to struggle with tonight...talked to youa bout it and yet still managed to eat cooked...oh well like we said tomorrow is another day and we shouldn't get down on ourselves because we have done al ot of good to ourselves and we can start fresh tomorrow!!!
that is awesome your friend wants to try it...that would be great for yoU!! i wish i had a friend who would like to try it....i think i am losing one of my best friends to raw lately.....but i don't know it is hard.....good for you and good for your friend!! that would be great.....well now that i have rambled on and on about me smiling smiley...know that someone who cares about you in cali is suffering from cooked food tonight too...i know we will do better tomorrow and i look forward to talking with you then!!! good luck and take care of yourself!
love ya lots!!
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: raspberry ()
Date: February 25, 2007 06:28PM

dear starfruit and sachelle, i know what you mean about going into binge mode but not being able to stop it even though you're aware of it. well, i really hope someday i'll discover a way to prevent that. let me know when you've found one ;-)
i know it doesn't help to say 'don't be so hard on yourself'. well, it doesn't help me, in any case.
but you're right, tomorrow's always another day, an opportunity to start anew.

yesterday i stayed raw until lunch and then craved a pizza or something of the like so badly..so i thought i could counteract that by something filling like nori wraps with avocado and other stuff, and i even had some melon before that, and bananas with chocolate sauce after that....and nevertheless i couldn't stop myself and had some crappy instant pasta and cheese and sweet desserts right after that. (stupid, huh. if i had just eaten the pizza in the first place, maybe i would have eaten less on the whole, haha).

it's funny how easily one puts on weight, even after just one cooked meal. but hey, that means it will also get better soon after having started on raw again. i'm sure we'll make it!

Date: February 25, 2007 07:14PM

114 lbs (ARGH)
Today i ate a fruit cup with papaya, pineapple, and kiwi. 1 glass of oJ, and half a loaf of manna bread. I'm done for the day now. Oh man did i wake up depressed this morning. All i wanted to was sleep, but i think i'm getting out of it.
Sachelle, I'm sorry you had such hard struggles yesterday too. At least even though we both felt that we binged, didn't go back to old destructive habbits. I know what you mean about the alchol lol definltey been there before. What is happening with your best friend that worries me girl! Ok well hope your having a better day.
Raspberry (love the name btw), Thank you for your sweet note of support. Yeah that whole binging thing scares me cuase i loose control. I can really relate to what you said about the pizza thing too. It's like just eat it and then it will be over lol. I know. I'm os pissed i put on 2 pounds over night. Aw well hopefully i'll be better soon. I'm so glad you've joined our circle. Don't let one day of eating cooked get you down. Hope your doing well today.
Thanks all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 25, 2007 09:39PM

Hello love...well haha i woke up late today and feeling like yuck haha my throat hurt my eyes hurt...my stomach was trying to hard to get rid of it's contents.....it hurt badly my poor tummy....so i have learned my lesson (she says as she wishes she could eat something cooked haha) i am not letting myself out of the house for the day..not even to get raw food from store...i will eat what i have here....because they say your cravings for cooked is worse after a day of eating something cooked...soi am staying home drinking my yummy green smoothie.....i also had a small bowl of soup...haha i was prepared since i knew that i was giong to be in cooked food mode more so if i woke up hungry and had eaten the cooked pasta sauce yesterday..so i prepared my green smoothie and a big bowl of broccoli soup to have ready for today...so when i woke up i grabbed a spoon and had some of the soup and opened up my smoothie!! it was nice to have it prepared...not at least i have something to eat if i need it....
hmm good job darlin' on not reverting back to our old habits...we did do really good in that area...plus we didn't really binge we just ate some cooked food right??? it isn't like either of us ate a lot of food...it was just cooked....i thought about that and decided we felt like such a binge cuz it was cooked and it makes you feel yucky....but we live and learn smiling smiley....oh btw i woke up to my roomate cooking pancakes haha the whole house smelled of them.....ahhhh...
don't worry about the weight it will come back off i know how hard it is i didn't even weigh myself today i thought better of since i know how i still get...
well girlie hope you have a better day!! congrats on the fruit cup....hmm mana bread was it yummy haha?? well i will talk with you soon!! have a great day
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 26, 2007 03:41AM

I ended up eating a little raw granola, 2 sheets of nori, and some blueberries as well. Sachelle Im thinking of you girl. Hang in there. I'm going to do better tomorrow. Just found out manna bread isn't raw. I have 1 other loaf so i will eat that so i don't waste it but then not eat any more. Especially since it feels like a trigger food to me. Well, I'm feeling a bit better. Weird day. I have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow for school eeek. Have a good night all and happy oscars.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 26, 2007 04:56AM

hey gals-yes-i know what u mean. i had to fix the little guys pancakes and then company came over and i had to bake cookies.mollasses ones and peanut butter.and make coffee.i have to cook all day.the 7 yr old just looks and me and says nammy i am hungry.he said it in his sleep yesterday when he woke up and saw me.he said i am hungry nam.i said ok buddy.thinking he was awake. i made him toast and took it to him.he was asleep.well-it is hard.i hate the days i can not fit in exercise.i really do alot on my days off.but all the grown kids love to call me and want me to go eat with them or they need things.so i am exercising no matter tomorrow.you gals do so good. i am going slower on my weight loss now. i am going to start jogging and doing more exercise and not so much trying to loose so fast.have a great evening dear ones.taylor

Date: February 26, 2007 08:21AM

Hey girlie!! well good job you still did well..i ate like 20 nori sheets today..well i just wnated to binge when i got the call from my mom about my aunt and since i was in a grocery store i was really scared i was going to....but i did so good....i bought the nori sheets...some shittake mushrooms and sprouts...then i sat in the parking lot and ate 10 of them....then i came home and ate 10 more in the next hour or soo...THAT IS SOOO MANY...but it is only 200 kcals...trying to think positive here...well good for you eating so healthy..oh well at least the bread is so close and not some rich thick chewy bread from the bakery...ooho that sounds good haha...anyways thanks for the thoughts and words of inspiration and for the support tonight..i really appreciate it....it has been a tough day but i am dealing with it and trying.....talk to you soon..sorry you have to wake up so early sad smiley that's no fun...take care
love ya
sachelle

Date: February 27, 2007 04:19AM

Long long day. Been up since 4:30. Must go to bed. Had an acting breakthrough today in class.
112 lbs.
1/2 bag raw granola
fruit cup papaya pineapple kiwi
smoothie oj mixed berries
2 oranges
2 banana's
1/2 salad (lettuce olives onion carrot peppers and celery)
Went to gym too. Night write more tomorrow.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 27, 2007 04:26AM

sounds like a wonderful day starfruit.u are doing wonderful wheres sachelle?have u heard from her?wheres our gal??ok sweetie-have a good rest.hugs taylor

Date: February 27, 2007 06:37AM

Congrats on the weight reduction my love!!!! you are doing great...a breakthrough in acting class, a weight loss, and you ate all raw...yay you!!! i am soo proud and happy for you!!! that is great......good work keep it up!!! have a good night hun i will talk to you soon!
love ya

Taylor i am here haha...i posted last night and i am back you are such a mom haha....it hasn't been a day since i posted lol but i love that you were worried about me..i have been having a tough few days!!! but thank you!!!
love ya

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 27, 2007 12:16PM

Thanks girls!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: February 27, 2007 12:58PM

it is a struggle to be raw.it is a struggle to try to eat in a more pure way.but it is what i want to do.i have never been raw before.when i first started i asked people alot of goofy questions.like i had no mind of my own.but what i wanted to know was"what are the options?"they would say listen to your body.well-the ultimate caregiver -i had not ever listened.so after trial and error-i realize what i can do and what i can not do. i can not et large salads ever meal.they make my tummy so bunched up.i am sick for days.so green smoothies come in here.if i over eat...i cann't take it.my body cann't.my system needs smoother foods...easy ones.the thing is-i keep reminding myself-i will get sick again if i don't do this.i don't want that.so all the food i have to cook.does not pertain to me.so i try to say this is my choice to be healthier.so then it puts it back in my box of "my choice".then i can do it.love u gals.u are really quite the little gals.hugs taylor

Date: February 28, 2007 06:39AM

Hi love...well i see you didn't post your day and ididn't hear from you via the phone so i hope all is well with you!!! i am worried i am sure you just had a wonderful busy day...but still i love ya and am always here if you had a bad day.....take care girlie...talk to you soon
love ya lots
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Current Page: 2 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables