Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 5 of 14
Re: A little help please for getting back to raw food
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 15, 2007 05:08AM

hello darling sunshine!!! how are you???? we are doing soo good i am so excited...you are doing really well too...i know cravings get you when you have your period i am dealing with that too....like earlier i wasn't starving but i ate 2 cups of snow peas haha and it probably looked like i was starving lol...anyways yeah i want to get a vita mix but really need to save some money lol i will wait till my blender goes out haha....i want the vita mix and they have one at the place i am trying to work at.....it is awesome..so maybe i will get an employee discount that would be sweet!!! anyways the interview is in the morning at 8:30 so expect a text before and after haha..i will be nervous...but i think i am going to get the job...and then i will be working ins tyle haha.....girl i know i wasn't saying anything bad lol i weigh myself at least once a day and dealing with an ed it was like every second for real so i know how hard it is and you feel out of control like that one bit of this raw food or this new raw food you added might not do well and you will gain haha or you try something healthy and new and you think this might be the miracle to lose weight lol....i know it is easier to tell someone the reason they are seeing the weight shift then realize it yourself haha...like me i coudln't take my own advice smiling smiley well keep up the great wonderful amazing job...and btw i might need to get more beggies in too hehe....just kidding i knew you meant veggies...but beggies sounds interesting lol...well take care hun
love ya lots
sachelle
xxoxoxoxoxoxox

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 15, 2007 12:45PM

starfruit.many yrs ago i had a vitamix and not for too long. i loved it.the soups and the smoothies and the ice cream.i loved it.i had it a few months and i kep getting bits of metal breaking off into my food from the mixer.the next thing i know the blades broke off. i should get one though cause maybe i got a freak one.i sold it at a yard sale for cheap.so sad.at the time-to get it fixed -u had to ship is back like to iowa or something like this. this was in the 70's.u eat so much.i hope i get to be like u someday.getting to eat more. iwill.well-agh. the periods. thank god. i got done with mine in 2006. the transition was so horrid. my whole body hurt every minute.but now -no more.now i get a couple of whiskers.i pull them out.they are black and tuff. eww!trade my pads for a mustache cup.lordy!! your day sounded wondeful.thanks for positng about maintaining.this time i want to stay smaller.hugs and happy days-it is almost spring!! taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: March 15, 2007 07:02PM

hey girlie just dropping in to say hello to my friend...hope all is well with you today....talk to you soon!! i text you this morning i had my interview today ahh the lady told me the wrong time so i was there for 30 min before she arrived lol....anyways tell you more about it later
oh and ps girls today is the day my package is going to arrive so expect to know what it is tonight!!!
taylor you are sucha joy i just love you bunches...you are so cheerful and happpy andalways lift my spirits thank you so much for that!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 15, 2007 10:45PM

oh my!! the package.wheee! i cann't wait-i love to get pkg. in the mail and to send them .whee. cann't wait.finally.hugs taylor

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 16, 2007 12:58AM

Hmmmm busy busy day but i'm really frustrated.
112.5 lbs yet again
So I have been binging all week or at least it feels like it. It's defiiltey partly my period, but also ever since i was annorexic and weighed like 90 lbs and would collapse well now I'm really scared of not eating enough and ot having enough energy to get trhough school. So instead of listiening to my body when it's hungry and not i just eat and eat. IT's realy scary for me. I know that the right thing to do is goign to just listen to it and then i will loose weight. But easier said than done. Anyways enough of depressing me. Here is what I ate and it's gross:
1/2 raw chocoalte bar
handful of raisins
1/2 glass of oj
1/4 of a raw pancake
1 cinamon larabar
rest of cauliflower ground up as rice with olive oil. Then i put the left over perigoi filling on top of it and had 4 sheets of nori with it
1 orange
4 dates
4 macaroons
a couple dehydrated banana pieces
bag yes a bag eeeeewwwwwww of raw granola
1 mini raw pizza (w/olivs and red pepper)
Ahhhhh I ate so much ahhhh. I want to make myself throw up but I'm not going to. At least it was all raw. I'm going to fast now until tomorrow night when my best friend comes to town and we are going to PUre FOod and Wine. Then I'll be spending the rest of the weekend wiht her. She isn't raw so we shall see how that goes though she does love raw foods. Anyways I probablyw wont post as much cuase I'll be with her so don't worry if i miss a day or 2. I'll be back.
OK in terms of exericise I had 3 hours of tap. 2.5 hours of combat and walked a bit. Not great. I miss the gym. I havn't been in a couple days and my body is aching for it. I am oging to try to go tomorrow morning bright and early. Anyways sorry this was so long .I just needed to vent. Hopefully when i go off my period all thses physco sweet cravings will go away.
Sachelle thanks for everything and yes beggies are the best! ahaha
Taylor, eeek that doesn't sound like my vitamix's behavior at all and i have had it for almost a year with almost daily use. that is scary. I don't think thoes blades would be too good for your tummy. I'm so excited for spring.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 16, 2007 01:37AM

starfruit-i like the variety of what u eat.i would love a vita-mix.only i use to think they were all that way/i would love one again.hwo much are they these days?on periods-u know the water weight and all-the weight will go.u exercised alot.that food is burned off little gal.i loved what u said about why u stay raw. i loved it.so wonderful.there is a spiritualness to this. how u feel and how u look and it is glorious.i hope u have alot of fun with your friend.is there raw wine??MY HISPANIC son-in law gets the core of the pineapple and i don't know-he boils sugar water i think and puts the pineapple left overs in it and lets it sit for months and drinks it.agh!!he has alot of good ideas.like he shot a nail gun nail thru his thigh and came home and poured hot salt water in his wound.of course-there was the time my girl came home and the baby had something on his forehead-it was a chewed up thread from a sweater and it was wet from spit and my son in-law put it in the middle of the baby so his cold would go away...yeah!!don't know how i got on that one!!starfruit!i love your spirit-i am so excited for spring also.it is so pretty out.gal-u don't need to do anything-u would not gain anything today cause of all the exercise.much hugs and thanks for being a brite star.taylor

Date: March 16, 2007 02:01AM

hey love....first of all you diddn't eat anything gross today or obsessive...you are feeding your body healthy things that it is loving and nourishing itself with....it is thanking you don't feel bad..DON"T THROW UP girlie we are doing soooo good i repeat don't throw up....we have come a long way over a week now so we have to stay strong..you can do it you are amazing and i know you have that inner strength in you....it takes strength and consistency to overcome ED and i know you have it in you to do it!!!! if you are trying a fast good luck....but don't fast because you are going to pure food and wine....fast because you feel your body asking haha.....i just don't want you hurting yourself....i am worried about you i nkow it is tough and you have come sucha long way in a a short amount of time....girlie girl you did a lot of exercise today and everything you ate was burned up and taken out.....so don't worry about that....and of course we are all so proud of you!!! keep up the awesome work hun and you know i am always here for you no matter the situation,time or day.....you have me to rely on!!! i will talk with you soon!
love ya bunches
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2007 12:00PM

Heya, Starfruit, it's Megan, back from a binge and weight gain (not in that order!) - have a great time with your friend and maybe make a convert!

Yeah, tap is so easy to just do for hours, mesmerizing...

Date: March 17, 2007 08:34AM

hey girlie girl...hope you are having so much fun with your friend.....ahh i forgot that you were with here when i was talking to you earlier haha sorry didn't mean to interupt your fun time just really worried about the girl you know??? anyways hope all is well and youa re sticking with raw...tonight was hard cuz i went to a restaurant with some friends down from la and they wanted italien and so we were at Buca di beppo which is family style and their entree's small serves 2 or more and large serves 4 or more so it is crazy...but i ordered a small mixed green salad that was 10 dollars for nothing but iceburg lettuce and they charge me an extra 2 dollars for a slice of tomato and 2 slices of cucumber outrageous haha......so i spent 12 dollars all together on nothing haha... oh well i was social right??
well girl have fun i will talk with you later
love ya lots
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 19, 2007 12:18AM

Hello all. OH man I missed posting.Well i had a great weekend with my best friend. Lots of adventures around the city in the snow. Eating was ok though of course i stayed all raw. Let's see if i can remeber everything.
Friday;
112.5 lbs
I didn't eat until noon then had
1 carton of rasberries
2 flax seed bread slices
4 macaroons
4 dates
Then ate hte most amazing meal at Pure FOod and Wine. My firend couldn't make a decision so we decided to do the tasting menu which was a feast. I can't even begin to describe some of the amazing flavors we tried. I drank coconut water. Then we had a little taster at the begining w/dehydrated red peper zuchinni and olive oil. Then 2 apatizers a soup 4 main courses and 2 desserst all shared betewen the two of us. All tiny portions so we didn't even really feel that full when we left. Lets see soup was a pea soup main courses we had a mushroom dish, raw lasagne, a curry dish, and a mexican dish. Dessert was 3 scoops of raw ice cream on one plate(green tea, chamomile, and some sort of salty fruit don't remeber thename) on the other plate was a scoop of pear sorbet and a pecan cake with "caramel" sauce. Oh my god it was amazing. LIke seriously the best meal i had ever eaten and my best friend though not raw understands and has an equal appreceation for how amazing fruits and veggies can be.
Saturday:
We had gotten home late so we slept in utill around 10. Then we had planned to make an amzing fruit salad for brunch so we went out to a few grocery stores to get ingridiants and then had the best time making it.Then we tried to go to the met but becuase of st. patties we couldn't get across the park in a bus or taxi so we ended up walking the whole way through the snow past all the stopped cars. IT was so much fun. Then we spent 3 hours at the met which was lovely. After we grabbed abite at a little vegan restaurant on the upper west side that has some raw stuff. Then tried to get tickets for Jack Goes Boating. Standing in line in the cold for an hour with really wet feet just to ehar there weren't any left. By the time we got home we really thought our toes were frost bitten and my have needed to be amputated. We were going to sue the theatre. After a half hour of soacking them in a tub of hot water and mango bubble bath they returend to their normal color and we weren't too concerned. We decied to stay in the rest of the night to recooperate and watch Manhattan. Such a good film and eat more exquisite fruit salad.So i ate;
1 bag of raw granola
4 raweos
1 glass of oj
fruit salad:
apples
bananas
rasberries
grapefruit
pomelo
mango
papaya
strawberries
kiwi
blood oranges
kumquats
and of course starfruit (oh no i ate myself)
It was soooo good
Later a sald w/spinach, sprouts, avacado, carrots, raisins, and tahini
and then more fruit salad.
Today:
113 lbs few going back down. Ah whats wrong with me
More of the amazing fruit salad for breakfast
3 raweo's
3 bananas
1 live burger
1 islandboogie smoothie
I still feel really full. Today was a sleepy day. Just getting stuff done. NO exercise cuase the gym is closed sunday and it's so yucky outside. Tomorrow morning I'm hitting the gym at 6:00.ALso going to try to do more high fruit and less of this raw junk junk junk. Sorry this is so so long. Quick hello's then i'll sign off.
Taylor: Thanks. I'm not sure how much they are cause mine was a gift. You should google it. I'm so glad you liked what i said. I really belive in all those things a lot. The wine is raw however i don't drink it.That's cool your sun in las does that.I love your spirit too. Thanks for being so great. I think I'm ok with the bits of gaining becuase even though it's fluctuating it's not going as high as it it used to. Before i went raw i would be between 117 and 114 then it was like 115 to 113 now it seems to be 113 to 111 so it's getting better. I guess i was just expecting more of a dramatic weight loss when i went raw and was disapointed when it didn't happen even though that is not the main reason i went raw. Ah well i'm hanging in there.
Sachelle: Thanks for your concern girl. Don't worry i didn't vomit those days are def. over. Don't appologize for the texts silly. I wouldn't have responded if i was too busy. ANyways keep us posted on that situation. That's so silly you had to spend that much money on that. Ah over priced things are stupid. ANyways glad to be back and thanks for visiting. xoxo.
Megan I mean Sonya haha:Glad your back once again. What is this sites deal with you? I want to take dance with you. INtersted? I take tap every thursday. MIght be too easy for you though. Hmmm anywas glad your back. ANd glad to be back.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 19, 2007 03:14AM

Dearest Starfruit-i loved reading about your pure food and wine fest.wow!! wish we had one of those here.that would just be so fun.it sound s like u had wonderful time. i am proud of u for your good variety of eating. and i think u are doing wonderful.hugs and have great evening.taylor

Date: March 19, 2007 08:34AM

Hey girlie...sounds like you had a lot of fun...congrats...keep it up...you are doing amazing as usual...can you believe we are almost at two weeks????wow how amazing wednesday will be two weeks...good glad you didnt revert back i know it is tough sometimes i still have thoughts about it but always stay away...i am always here.....well i haven't heard anything bad from her lately which is good......ooh i just got home from the gym tonight....it was great no one was there haha it was dead..i love my gym 24 hour fitness..just likethe name it is open 24/7 so i never have to worry about making it haha...well girlie...take care and talk to you soon..oh and just to update you meg seemed to have either a. disapeared...or b. been booted out again...but this time she isn't responding to my call or text and she didn't email anyone like she did the last two times..so i don't know ....hmm strange strange....
love ya lots
sachelle
xoxoxoxox

Date: March 20, 2007 02:46AM

113.5 ah well
1 cherry pie larabar
3 slices of grapefurit
1/2 a container of kumquats hehe
3 bananas
6 dates
1 carton of rasberries
1 orange
2 pieces of flax bread
1 bag of raw cooca crispies
3 raw chocolate macaroons
Wow so much fruit. Yum
I worked out for a while 320 cal burned. Tomorrow I might audition for a Broadway show just for fun. It's one of my favorites (Sunday In the Park With George) and there is a small part in it that would be goodfor me. I may not even get seen however since I'm not equity and in no rush to be. Anyways enough theatre jarble (made up that word) Wish me luck. I may chicken out. I feel ok today. Took 3 huge poos haha. I'm super busy but it's nice. OK I'm nervous but i've got to sleep. I have another 4:30 morning tomorrow. Love to all.
T: If you ever come to NYC i'm taking you there!!!
S:OH ntw raw cookie will def satisfy you. That's so cool your gym is open all the time. I wish mine was like that cause i have such strange hours when i'm free. Ah well. Still love it.Yeah so weird about meg hmmmmm.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 20, 2007 05:48AM

Hey girl awesome day.....good job...no i didn't get a raw cookie haha i stayed home too late till work and didn't have time...i have been studying out of my mind for this test it is insane...i am sooo nervous i was bawling earlier that i was not going to pass it i didn't know anything....i am sooo scared...but i will try my hardest....well anyways you had an awesome day so proud of you....keep up the awesome work hun...good luck on the audition i hope you get i!! and don't chicken out you will do fabulous.....well sweetie have a good night and sweet dreams
love ya lots
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 21, 2007 02:31AM

113 lbs
Ugh bad bews. Today for a scene i had to eat two pieces of bread. There was no way getting out of it. OH well. Rest of the day I did really well. OH and btw i did go to the audition but didn't get scene cuase there were so many people. Really proud of myself for going though.And i had a lot of really exciting break throughs in my work today so that payed off. Anyway I ate:
Handful of blueberries
some pineapple
some watermelon
3 raw macaroons
2 sheets of nori w/mustard
4 dates
6 turkish apricots
tiny bite of raw bread
2 pieces of raw sushi
S: aw sweetie i'm sorry about the test. I know how overwhelming things like that can be but you'll get through this. Hang in there.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 21, 2007 03:04AM

hi little starfruit. i am finally home.busy with the little boys and family stuff. i am getting excited cause i am going to meet with a gal from my wweight loss group on april 2nd.should be fun.gal-i swear u going to an audition is so amazing to me.how did u decide u want to do this?? i am so amazed at this.i am sorry u did not get it but boy u get alot of credit for doing any of this. i cry if i ever have to get up front anywhere and speak.i get so nervous.well little starfruit.take care.hugs and have a great nite. taylor

Date: March 21, 2007 03:26AM

Heygirl.....awesome day today...hmm raw sushi..like fish you eat it still??? what kind did you have haha..well it's okay with the bread today i had a small piece of bread when i got to work haha...i had to there wasn't NOTHING ELSE my blood sugar was low and i was starving i was getting to the point of sickness....so my boss got me a piece of bread...so i guess we are a lot alike even when we don't know it...it is okay though we are still alive...and still wanting raw and doing it....keep up the awesome work my love.....congrats on going to the casting and sorry you didn't get seen but at least you went...and you made progress with your work which is thrilling!!!
well take care i only have 30 minutes on the hotel computer haha...for free thoguh so you know i used every minute to checkon my girls...
and you are texting me right now haha
love always
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 21, 2007 11:41AM

sachelle-i hope u are ok.ha ha!! thats my motto this yr. turn 55. my motto is 55 and still alive!!! that is what my b.d. party is based on.my father in law and i are having a b.d. party together.he will be 84.he is so amazing.starfruit...u will make it.u are just fabulous!!! hugs and have a wonderful day.taylor

Date: March 21, 2007 12:35PM

NO no fish i havne't eaten fish in years!!!Is your birthday soon taylor?
Ugh well i was 114 this morning bit i don't even care whatever. Life will go on.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 21, 2007 12:39PM

good for u little gal! life does go on.alot of wisdom in that statement.u are doing so wonderful.my b.d is this month.my mom died at 52. that was my goal to get past 52.then dad had a triple by pass at 49 and then he died at 59.that is my next goal to get past 59.ha ha.have a great day.hugs taylor

Date: March 21, 2007 06:33PM

Hey girlie girls....well dear i thought youmeant fish by 2 pieces of raw sushi lol...what did you have then?? like nori rolls hmm good job ....i was just wondering a lot of people still eat sushi and other raw things non vegan....aww 114 today that is fine you are doing so amazing i am glad you aren't worried i wouldn't be either...that is power you know you have not worrying and sticking through it!!! awesome awesome awesome...soooo proud of yoU!!!
ahhh taylor what day is your birthday this month??? i need to know haha
and please send me your address via pm so the whole world doesn't see it......well my loves take care!!!
love me
the other part of us three haha...
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 22, 2007 03:24AM

OK what is wrong with me. I had a really good day of eating. MOstly fruits and 2 pieces of flax bread. I ran for a long itme and took dance. But then i was coming hoem from a show and really really hungry so stupidly i stopped to grap a salad but they gave me pita with it and a little hummus so i ate it and oh my god i got the worse pain in my chest and tummy after like 4 or 5 bites. It felt like heart burn multiplied by ten. I thought i was going to vomit. SO i threw all of it in the trash and stepped outside and couldn't stop coughing. NOw I'mm all stuffed up. Isn't it crazy that that little amount of cooked food did that to me. Ok this is stupid no more. What am i doing.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 22, 2007 08:51AM

Hey girl...don't worry about it....you will do great tomorrow it is hard sometimes but we deal with it love our selfs and move on!!! i am proud of you for throwing it away and keeping some will power....whatever the reason smiling smiley
love you girl
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 22, 2007 12:29PM

well starfruit.was it the food? was it cooked hummus that did it?? i do the same...i don't know why.i eat some cooked and it just feels crummy inside.there is something to this raw stuff.everyone in my neck of the woods has been sick but not me.take care little starfruit.hopefully it was some kind of bug that u got. how do u feel now?? is it just the cooked food? hugs and take care.taylor

Date: March 23, 2007 02:32AM

113 lbs
OH man i feel so much better today. I stayed all raw. NO that was just my reaction after eating that cooked food. Crazy. Anyways feeling much better. Ate:
7 raw macaroons (I know that's a lot but they are really tiny and it was the only portable food i had today)
1 mango
1/2 avacado
some saurkraut
1 sheet of nori
2 smoothies w/various fruit
3 dates
I had a lot of exericse today too. Bakc handsprings and what not. ANyways feeling much better hooray for raw. Thanks for checking in Taylor.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 23, 2007 06:10AM

Hi love....glad you had a better day!!! that is awesome so glad you are doing so well...my day wasn't too bad it wasn't awesome like yours though smiling smiley.....i am trying to figure out my ipod right now lol hopefully it works....had to delete all the stuff my friend put on it to put all my raw vegan podcasts on there to listen to them....well keep it up darlin!!!....you are so wonderful.....take care hun
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: March 24, 2007 06:43AM

hey love...just wanted to say hello and check in with you...hope all is welll you probably had a super busy day...i didn't hear fromn ya when i text ya earlier and you haven't checked in today!! i bet you are out doing something fun smiling smiley well girlie girl....i just wanted to say hello i love ya!! hope all is well and have a fabulous night...you are probably off at pure food and wine haha having an amazing meal...
ahhh think of me haha
love ya lots
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: March 24, 2007 07:59PM

Hey starfruit -
Sounds like you are doing well barring the cooked food incident. ... I was wondering where do you get your macaroons? do you get them from one lucky duck? or do you make them?
just wondering.
spring is coming!
hearts*
oneSource

Date: March 25, 2007 03:27AM

hey little gals-taylor here.i have a question for u.when u use coconut-is it the coconut in the fruit section and break it open and crack it and grate or chop or blend it for like the macaroons??? starfruit.i am so glad u are ok.that was terrible sounding-your spell.well-u are doing wonderful. i use to could do gymnastic stuff.now i would fall into the wall and crack my body open.lol.well-u are such a doll and i love how u post your weight and u maintain.it is showing me a lesson of what i need to do. hugs and doing good gal.taylor

Date: March 26, 2007 01:41AM

Sorry all. NO i haven't gone missing though i have fallen off the wagaon a bit. This weekend was so crazy with rehearsals and a friend from Cananda came and stayed. ANyways um friday i was 112.5. Sat: 114.5 Sun:115.5 OH man i'm super depressed. Having that bread that one day well really triggered me. Argh. It's like an alcoholic having a sip of wine and then going off the edge. I ate all raw Friday until i went out for drinks with friends which i haven't done in 3 months and then i was gone eating cron chips and bread blech. Then on Saturday i basically ate all cooked but still Vegan. Todya i went running for 2 hours in the park. I didn't eat until 4 i wasn't hungry and i was depressed. I had some dates, some kale, 1 piece of vegan banana bread, and 1 smoothie. I need support getting back on this becuase i have been filling really shitty, but can't seem to have any motivation. Help.
S: Sorry i havn't been around girl. Argh hard times.
O: THey are made by oneluckyduck. I get them at Westerly market. Have you been there?
T: oh Taylor i hope i havn't disappointed you w/my weight gain on ugh all this yuckyness. I'm trying now to do better. I just have so much work. 6 scenes next week. I buy the macaroons i wish i had time to make them

xoxo,
Starfruit

Current Page: 5 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables