Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: A little help please for getting back to raw food
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 20, 2007 11:22PM

Hey love.....yummy day!! hehe ....you are doing great girl!! i am sooo happy for you and proud of all you are accomplishing and overcoming right now..i know how hard it is and you are showing how much you want to overcome this and be that happy healthy starfruit i know and love smiling smiley....( oh by the way i tried the real fruit DIDN"T like it) haha well anyways hun take care and have a fabulous day..enjoy the restaurant with your family and the rest of the time in bostoN!!!i am going to a raw restaurant tonight too....the new one in hillcrest near my house..there is a meet up there..i am excited
well hun talk to you soon
love always sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 21, 2007 02:05AM

what raw restaurant do you go to? i lived in boston for 3 years in college but i never knew there were raw places there.

sounds like you are doing great and eating delicious, healthy food! i hope the restaurant is fun tonight!

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 21, 2007 03:46AM

Thanks I love that. Cravving a color. I def believe that's possible. Thanks Inaia. i feel really great.Sach don't owrry I'm not offended you don't like my fruit. It's not one of my favorites either. Have fun at your restaurant. I did ar mine. I went to organic garden it's in beverly. Where in Boston did you live??
111.5 lbs
2 bowls of watermelon
bowl of blackberries
3 or 4 dtes rolled in coconut
1 banana
and then the raw restaurant yummmmm!
1 slice of raw margherita pizza
raw indian dish with soaked wild rice ooo such good flavors
and 1 slice of raw boston cream pie.
I thoughrouly enjoyed myself.
I took a walk today too despite of the rain.
Yummy day. Went to church this mornign for the first time in a while. I'm a uu I love their services. Then went to my dad's concert. I love watching him play. I'm taking an early train back to nyc tomorrow. I got extra food at the restaurant to bring on the train. Yum. HOpe you all had a good one.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 21, 2007 06:49AM

Hey sweets oh good haha..yeah starfruit is not one of my favorite things..it didn't have much a flavor i don't kow if i ate it right or what..i text you the other day how to eat it haha...but i just cut it up and tried it couldn't eat it..through it out and the second one too..sad cuz i was hoping to find something wonderful...i am craving an orange right now haha...
hmm anyways you did wonderful this weekend..sounds very yummy all the food you had!!! and you even got some yummy stuff for the train!! awesome awesome...oh cool you went to church good for you!! i think it is a good thing for healing and what not!!
well take care love and have a fabulous monday!!
love you lots doll
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 21, 2007 06:50AM

Hey hun..i just looked up the UU services to read more about it..i saw like the first little paragraph it looks like just the thing i am looking for!! sounds awesome and they have one in san diego!!
yay thanks smiling smiley
love ya
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: May 21, 2007 04:00PM

Your day sounds awesome. What's UU?

www.inaia.com

Date: May 21, 2007 07:15PM

hey hun just stopping by to say hello and see how all was going today and to wish you a happy monday!!! hope you made it back to NY safely!!!!!
hmm hey Inaia..i know i can't answer it as well as Starfruit since she goes but i looked it up and it said a spiritual home for religious free thinkers and this was the opening page for the san diego church...it is a type of church you can go to that is opening and welcoming to all types of peoples and free beliefs here is there opening thingy haha

"Welcome to our home on the Web. As a religious free thinker, you'll find support and a vibrant, accepting community here at First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego."

anyways just wanted to try and help ...but lovey have a wonderful day and take care!!!!! hope you enjoyed your time in boston..
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 22, 2007 03:29AM

starfruit

<<and then the raw restaurant yummmmm!
1 slice of raw margherita pizza
raw indian dish with soaked wild rice ooo such good flavors
and 1 slice of raw boston cream pie>>

sounds like a slice of heaven
especially teh margherita pizza.. hope they put a nice amount of basil and tomatoes that sounds gorgeous!

i'm glad you took a walk even if it was raining
i do that sometimes too just for the heck of it

have a beautiful daysmiling smiley

Date: May 22, 2007 04:16AM

UU stands for Unitarian Universalist. It's an all accepting religion that i grew up with and am quite fond of. You should check it out. Sach that's totaly right adn what it's about. You should def try a service. It's the most unpreachy church ever. I love it.
Thanks LV yeah lots ofbasil and tomatoes sooo yummy. I will write back to you soon. I just want to do it when my brains not sooo fuzzy.
112.5 lbs (I think cuase i ate at night last night)
I ate sooo much today and really don't mind. It was just one of those days. But hey i stayed all raw and had not one cooked food craving so that's good right?
Fruit salad with all the fruit I've been having this weekend
two sun seed "taco's" w/salsa, guac, and cashew sour cream
1 16 oz watermelon juice
1 karma raw cookie with a little raw nutella
2 carrots and a few flax seed crackers dipped in raw sour cream
OH my god and i got my spiralizer and i'm in love i had the best zugghetti ever. You were so right sach. so 2 plates of that
I'm rpetty sure that's all.
Thanks as always for the support ladies. I couldn't do it with out you.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 22, 2007 05:42AM

hey lovebug!!! yay for an awesome day and doing so well hun!!!! ooh i know don't you love that spiralizer?? and it is sooooo different then using a peeler too huh?// haha i love it!! oculdn't live without it....
well keep up the good work huN!!
take care
love always sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 22, 2007 07:59AM

Thanks for the info, Ladies! I used to go to Unity in Miami- which is obbe of the reasons I was curious. I doubt there are any here in Tokyo, though.

Starfruit, your day & food sounds awesome!!! We a ll fluctuate a bit, but it's ok as long as we are healthy & stay in the same vicinity, I think. smiling smiley

Keep it up. Awesome job.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 22, 2007 07:53PM

hey sweets just wanted to say hello and see how all was going!! take care of yourself and have a wonderufl day!!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 23, 2007 01:54AM

Sach: Thanks love. Ooo i got my juicer. what do i do to make banana ice cream?
Inaia: Thanks. Yeah the weight thing is getting me a little. I'll write about that in a sec.
114.5 lbs argh
i ate soooo much today. Ergh and i had 1 vegan chocolate chip cookie. Although really small it made my tummy hurt and gave me a headache .I didn't even want it but they were going to throw it away at work so i ate it .Really silly. OK what else
1/2 papaya
1 watermelon juice
two plates of zughetti
4 baby macaroons
2 bananas w/almond butter and raisins
some raw ice cream sooo yummy
some eggplant w/tomatoe sauce and cashew sour cream
3 flax crackers
I think that's it.
Yummy day I'm gonna try ot do less tomorrow though.
So this weight thing. Well i don't really want to stress over it .Right now I'm tryign to just eat whatever i want os i can get out of this controlling mind set i have about food but then i gain 2 lbs in one day so it's like what to do? Any suggestions are so welcome.
I got my juicer today so i'm so excited about that.
I took a nice walk around the city tonight. Shorter than i'd like but i was getting chilly. I think i'm going to take dance tomorrow. I stopped dancing after what happened cause i couldn't face people looking at my body with so little on. I miss it though and today all i wanted to do was dance so i think i'll try. It just seems really scary to me.
I got this lovely email today from someone who is a healer in a way and gave me this advice that seems so easy but so hard. It was just what i needed. Here's a little of it:
Give yourself time. Give youself the time and space to feel....to feel as much of what you feel about what happened. Give yourself time to talk.
Also, take time to do gentle and restorative things for yourself, things that feel kind and warm and loving to yourself. Allow nature to also work to heal you. There are some beautiful parts of New York City, where grass and trees and sky and warm sun can help restore you.
Isn't that nice. There was a lot more to it but it just made me happy that someone seemed to understand just what i needed to hear. We also talked a lot about my loss of passion for theatre since i was raped. That has been worrying me the most. I'm struggling to get it back, but i always feel mroe artistic when i eat raw so maybe it will help. I don't know i know this doesn't ahve to do with food but i feel that we all know each other in a close way and this is a good place for me to let things out. OK sorry for long post.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 23, 2007 05:27AM

Hey lovebug....well good for you doing so well!! eating the healthy foods and keeping up with it.....i am soo proud of you love!!! keep up that awesomeness....sounds really yummy your food!!!!
that weight gain is probably just a flucuation naturally from the fast you did..your body will readjust and gain some of the water weight back.....if you look up fasts it will tell you..so it is nothing to do with what you are doing or eating it is just natural but it will go back off!!!
keep it up

good for you going back to dance!! that is awesome..very big step for you!! and i am soooo proud of you hun!!! keep up that awesome attitude and if you need anything i am here for you always!!! just le me know what i can do!!! congrats and good luck on your class you will rock of course smiling smiley
love always
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 23, 2007 08:09AM

I've been thinking of dancing again too! I even asked my agent here to find some good studios for me. Maybe I'll even do some African dance! There are lots of people here from Africa who teach dance. It gets me in touch with my feelings & my body & my world and really centers me.

Losing passion for theater after the experience you had is TOTALLY normal. It is a very vulnerable & naked experience to act, sing, dance. That's why finding a way to get into it @ your own pace can be so incredibly healing.

BTW- it is physically impossible to gain 2 lbs of FAT in 1 or 2 days. IT is water and your body adjusting to changes. Exercise, move , breathe, meditate and you won't even have to check the scale. You will FEEL the crap coming off of you.

I used to struggle with my weight A LOT when I danced and that's how I got over it once & for all.

Just my pov. smiling smiley But you take what works for you & leave the rest. OK? smiling smiley

Keep kicking butt!!! Inaia

www.inaia.com

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:56PM

Hi dear,

Good news about the juicer...you got a Champion or which?
You are doing really well....don't worry about weight. When I do a little fast, I have learned to not even concern myself with what I lost during, as there is so much adjustment afterwards and a certain amount will come back very readily after resuming eating. Just enjoy your food -- and Juices -- and give your body the freedom to balance itself at its own pace.

I know, I know...easier said than done!

I was saddened to hear of your bad experience. I like what Inaia said.

Dancing IS wonderful. I should do that, as exercize...I used to put on classical music and do a lot of dancing...my "mock ballet"...great exercise and good for the spirit.

You take good care,
I am always rootin' for you,
Elakti

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 23, 2007 04:49PM

Man... i was doing a "craving seaweed" search on google and came to your page WOOHOO i love how "main stream" we are all becoming

i didn't read the last 9 pagess, but i found the part where you talked about craving seaweed and i am in the same boat... i bought a bag of frozen seaweed, but now realized i should have bought the dried stuff to rehydrate... argh...

this stuff i had to rinse becaue it was so heavily seasoned... i wonder how much i should eat? it kinda scares me becaues i bought it from a korean market an looks different than the wakame salad i get at sushi bars... i'm weird.. ye i know...

but i am picking out the pieces i like the most and investigating the rest LOL.. it's pretty cool how these plants grow undewater and the shapes and texture and such.... ne who.. enough of me for today

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 23, 2007 05:25PM

Just popping in to say hello!

Sounds like you are doing well hun, can be hard not to obsess over weight numbers!!.. having trouble with that myself at the moment also..

Your daily menu sounds v yum!!

Have a good day

Xxx

Date: May 24, 2007 07:47AM

hey lovebug how is my raw sis today?? i hope all is well with you dearie!! take care and talk to you soon!!!
love ya lots
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 24, 2007 04:02PM

Hi sweetie. How's it going?

www.inaia.com

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 25, 2007 02:31AM

Starbright! Starfruit! Hellllloooooooo! We want to hear from you, How Are You?

smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
Elakti

Date: May 25, 2007 03:12AM

hey beautiful how are things going for my dear friend??
hope all iswell...saw shrek 3 again today haha..took the girlies to see it they liked it but not really haha i love it though..i love that big green guy smiling smiley and of cousre i love those babies on there...donkey's too!!!!
take care love.
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 03:41AM

Hey girls. Sorry really busy last two days so I haven't writeen. Been doing pretty well with food. Was down 113 yesterday but then ahd a couple drinks last night which i haven't done in ages. This morning my scale said 116.5. Is that possible? My scale hates me. Anyway I'm doing ok. Been spending a lot of time walking in the park. Oh man it's so beautiful and I really need to be near nature right now. Thanks for checking in all. OH I didn't end up taking dance cuase i couldn't find my other ballet shoe! Will buy a new pair tomorrow. Anyway have a good night. Oh and tiff yeah seaweed is so good .I havne't had it in a while maybe i should again. Enjoy.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 25, 2007 03:42AM

hey hun..thansk for checking in!!!! love ya...oh water weight and alcohol dehydrates you so you hold in water more..so yeah it is possible but will disappear so don't stress it isn't fat just water junk!!
take care
love
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 03:49AM

Thanks! Hehehe we always do this at the same time.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 25, 2007 03:58AM

hello sweetie. when i lived in boston i lived in a couple of places- i went to emerson so i lived in the dorms on the commons for 2 years, then when i was really poor (lol) i lived in allston for a summer, then when i was just regular college student poor i lived in fenway for a year. i really loved it there but i just felt that it was time to move on! i do still miss my early morning runs along the charles river- and being able to take public transportation! i would give anything to pay $40/month for transportation again- those were the days!

i'm glad you are ready to give dancing another try. that can be so therapeutic and healing in and of itself- just losing yourself in the movement, feeling the mind-body connection, and appreciating your body for what it can do. i hope you have a great time.

be patient with yourself. the rest will come back with time. i think inaia was dead on when she talked about how vulnerable theater makes you. take your time. you'll know when you're ready to go there again.

have you tried not weighing yourself daily? i know old habits die hard, but i really think it might be better for you to just weigh yourself once a week, or wean yourself off of the scale completely. you are eating healthy, nutritious, raw foods, you are in no way overeating, and you are young and active. there's no reason to worry about gaining real weight- our bodies naturally fluctuate and i just don't want you to be so worried about a couple pounds of water that will go away in a day or so!

Date: May 25, 2007 03:59AM

hey hun..yeah hah we are always posting at the same time smiling smiley
but that is cuz we are in sync smiling smiley
take care hun!!
love ya
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 25, 2007 07:05AM

Hey girlie. Alcohol ALWAYS makes me bloated so I NEVER weigh myself after having even one drink. Again- it's JUST WATER and maybe some toxins that will come right out when you drink lots of water, eat well & exercise a little.

You are doing really awesome. keep us posted on the dance class, ok? smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Date: May 25, 2007 09:27AM

smiling smiley hey hun..see we are all here for you hun!!!! just wanted to say hi since i am just getting ready for bed..haha i stayed up packing smiling smiley
love ya doll
xoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 26, 2007 02:17AM

Thanks everyone .You are all the greatest. I know i shouldn't weigh myself everyday. Maybe I'll give that up eventully but right nnow i feel like it's the only way i can stay in control if that makes any sense. I'm working on it. Yeah i'm very excited to start dacning again. I think it's going to have to be monday cause i wrok 9-6 all weekend ergh. Thanks you all again!
OK today:
116 lbs bleck
1/2 pineapple
1 glass oj
i date bar
1 avacado
1 banana
coconut shake w/indian spices
eggplant cauliflower suop
mini raw pizzza
some raw vanilla ice cream yum
some raw collards
i think that's it. Yum.
Last night was really hard for me. I kind of went soem very dark places in my mind .Just for a couple minutes but it was scary. Then i just kinda snappped out of it .Then i realizeed that today it has been exactly 2 months... anywyas hard day but tomorrows a new one i'm gonna go to the gym early.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables