Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 14
Re: A little help please for getting back to raw food
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 06, 2007 07:34AM

hey hun...i know it is tough...just want you to know i am here though..don't worry about not getting back to me or "flakiness" haha no worries....hopefully this master cleanse will help you!! i hope so......i did a semi juice fast today...i ate raw food in the middle of the day...but only a meal and only in the set time..the rest of the day i have been drinking fresh grapefruit juice...it is soo yummy and i feel sooo good!!! i ate some yummy raw foods from the deli at rancho's and that was about it!!! well take care and have a good day!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 07, 2007 07:13PM

hi mylove...how is it going?? i know you were starting out the fast last night..how is day 1 for ya?? i will text you in a minute haha and see....take care and good luck i am cheering for ya huN!!!
love your raw food sister
earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 08, 2007 03:22AM

Thanks baby. Well I am doing really well and liking this cleanse a lot. I already feel 100 times more in control than I did. Bulemia took over my life again for about a month so this is good. Not too much pain or anything yet. I like the lemonade a lot and the swf isn't too bad. I'm @#$%& like crazy haha. Anyways that's my update for today. Can't wiat to step on the scale tomorrow.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 08, 2007 06:24AM

hey there hun...yay for you!! glad you are doing so well on the cleanse...wish i could do that swf haha..but i can't it makes me vomit and i it forces bulimic thoughts...so i am sticking with what i feel now..although i would love to do that fast!! but sub maple syrup with stevia haha.....
keep up the good work!!
take care
love earthangel
oxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 08, 2007 10:22AM

I lost 3.5 lbs woot. Right now I'm doing the morning swf. Ah so much water. I'm almost done though. Ya if it does that too you then not a good idea for you at all. Plus it sounds like Brian gave you some really good tips for furthering your diet so just stick to those for now. You eat so little it's like you alredy are fasting. This fast you get a minimum of 600 cal a day so it would prob freak you out haha. OK well just a little check in. I might go back to bed after i finish this crap.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 08, 2007 10:37AM

hey there sweets....haha did you wake up early to take the swf ??? haha i would do that too to get that over lol....hmm i wonder if i can do it now?? i am able to do my nettie pot now...(the nose cleansy thingy haha) where before i couldn't it is salt water in your nose..but sometimes leaks in your throat..hmm how much water and salt do you mix again??? oh the love of the mc and swf when i was in high school haha...i have been eating more and more smiling smiley i am becoming a regular girl haha....
take care hun and get some more sleep smiling smiley
love ya
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 02:48AM

Well rest of my day was pretty good. I'm having a lot of heart burn at night which is weird since i'm not eaitn.g Maybe it's the cayenne. Anyways yeah i served people food for 5 hours today and didn't once cave. I was proud.my stomach has gone totally flat which hasn't happened in forever so that is lovely. I'm liking this but oh my god i can't wait to eat raw again. I'm fantasizing about it all the time. Hope you all had a good one.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 09, 2007 04:02AM

hey love...glad you had a wonderufl day!!! keep up the good work hun!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 09, 2007 10:34AM

Another lb and a half gone and feeling good hehe

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 09, 2007 09:30PM

yay you!!! keep up the good work my dear!!!! yay for the mc and you doing so well..!!i am soo proud of you!! take care and have a great day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 10, 2007 03:11AM

Thanks love.Today was pretty good. Wasn't hungry once. My body is looosing so much fat it's crazy. Everything is flattening out. It's really amazing but oh my I can't wait to get to go back to raw. Tomorrow I go to Boston for a few days. I haven't been home in a while so that will be good. Hope you all are doing well though i think it's only you Sach reading this anymore haha. Gues that is what happens when you drop off the face of the earth for a month. OH dear. Night all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 10, 2007 07:35AM

Hey hun...but i am important right?? haha oh well...i don't think many people bost in mine and i DIDN"T fall off the earth smiling smiley....someone ttold me they were intimidated cuz i have been raw longer..hmm just since january lol..not long enough or long at all haha..oh well...i am soooooo happy and proud you are doing soo well on the MC...that is soo exciting...can't wait till you get back to raw foods either so we can swap ideas again lol...have been living on pasta lately i love it it is sooo yummy..like 2-3 zucchini for pasta with sauce sooooo good haha...i added some spinach the other day....and today i might add some portebello pieces too!!! it is my new cauliflower rice additiction haah..oh well so what.....
well hun take care and have a great night!!!
love ya lots sach
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 11, 2007 12:55AM

Hey all. Well no weight loss today so that was frustrating. Oh well. Home now which is nice. I just got my period so my cramps are extra bad. urgh. Of course your important goon. YOur the most important and you know it.I know. I'm so excited to start swapping ideas again and I'm proud of you for adding soem fats back into your diet. Oh man cauliflower rice. Good times. I must get a spiralizer. Where did you get yours? Hope you had a good day love. Will write more tomorrow. Must go watch Grey's right now! woot.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 11, 2007 05:09AM

hey love aww thanks smiling smiley youare soo sweet....i am glad you are still doing wonderful ( like i expected anything less ???) on your fast....that is awesome..oh and no weight loss HELLO...yousaid it yourself lol you just started your cycle..um that equals no weight loss haha...it usually causes a few pounds to go up from bloating even though you aren't eating...so don't stress you will get rid of it!!!
oh yeah cauliflower rice good times for sure haha!! i love it..oh i am SLOWLy adding some fats back but i am working on it haha...i just ate so much fruit haha...i am having some trouble with cutting fruits altogether haha...i think i will wait lol...there is so many things that vary..a.nd i feel good when i do mostly fruits and some veggies...so i am going to stick with it and take more insulin..i wish i could be normal and not have to worry about diabetes with raw haha...what a mess....oh i got my spiralizer from rancho's it is a produce place here that i always talk about haha..it is great!! i love it!!! can't wait till you get one haha..so you can try it out!! oh and did you see the lasagna i made haha..it was really good too...
i hope you come out this summer!! that would be soo much fun!! let me know..i will try to get extra tickets for an amusemnet park or something so we can go if you have time!!
take care
love ya lots
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 11, 2007 07:00AM

Hi to you, Starfruit. I'm new here, and thought I'd pop in and introduce myself and wish you all the best---sounds like things have been a little rough lately, but you sound dedicated to being raw. I believe that is a key thing for all of us to feel better and healthier in every way. Without good health, how can we appreciate anything? I know rawfoods works on balancing us on all levels...and even the rawfood journey can be a little rocky at times! I think there are lots of stages and levels -- it is really a trip! But it is The way to the best health and balance. And we will get there!

I am on 3rd day of a fast---I am just coming back to rawfoods after an extended slip-ahem----I was bad and SAD. So, I started back, but was having difficulty and so I decided to do short fast---like you, to kind of get some control, and reorient my body and mind to a better space to eat rawfoods. It is working...let me tell you, after 3 days' fast I am so willing and ready and hungry to eat our beautiful raw foods!!! I feel a tad bit more cleaned out and my desire now is for real food.

Keep on keepin' on!
Take good care of yourself--
---Elakti

Date: May 11, 2007 09:36AM

Yay lookie lookie we got another subscriber to the raw life of starfruite smiling smiley...see i told you haha patience lol and they will be popping up left and right!!!! smiling smiley well sweetie it is like 2:30 here and i thought i would pop in see what was going on in the raw world before bed haha!! can't sleep although i know in the morning iw ill want to sleep i and i have to get up haha
love you hun
take care
talk to you in the morning
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 12:03AM

Hey all. Well i lost 2 more lbs so that good! yay. 7 so far. Fast feels good. I've had so much energy today. I took a 5 mile bike ride which was really fun. I was going so fast my dad couldn't keep up. Speaking of today he was like you what i think i eitherr need to try the master cleanse or go raw soon. Isn't that exciting. My mom wants to too but she is allergic to a otn of foods so it's harder for her. I've been feeling a lot better latley emotionaly to so hopefully i won't have to turn to meds yet.
Elakti: Thanks so much for stopping in and for your kind words. Raw is definitley the answer no matterr how many times i get off it it always ending up being what i need. And yeah fasts are great for that. I'm on day 5 of my minumum of 10 day fast. I may go longer. we'll see. I'm feeling so good and i love not worrying about food for a change cuase usually that consumes me. Anyways thanks for stopping in.
Hey love of course i saw pics of you lasanga it looks so good. I need to try that recipie. Ooo yeah an amusement park would be great.I hope all that works out. Well hope you got back to sleep ok. ODn't beat yourself up about the fruit just listen to your body you know?

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 12, 2007 02:59AM

Hiya again

I fasted another unplanned day (4th) because I lost the icky phony hunger sensations and I just felt so dang serene!!!! =)

I have been on vacation and return to work on Monday. I wish I had started this fast at beginning of vacation so I could've gone as long as I felt comfortable fasting. Today was such a pleasure, after yesterday's difficulty (the notorious day 3). Anyway, it served its purpose. Not to lose weight (I do need to lose about 40 lbs.), but to cleanse a bit and get my mind and taste buds geared again for rawfoods. Once I am eating raw my body will take care of the weight.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. The fast helps, and rawfood diet helps, and racing along on a bike with the wind in your hair doesn't hurt either!

Feel good!

Elakti

Date: May 12, 2007 03:20AM

hey sweetie!! yay for 2 more pounds..yay for the bike ride..and yay for your parents wanting to go raw....well with your mom the more raw she is..the more she can start to introdcue those "allergy" foods back and see what she can handle now..sometimes it is other things in our bodies reacting to things...so that is a thought for her!!! well i am sooo excited about you coming out hun!!! it is going to be so much fun!!!!
well take care sweets
love ya sach
have lots of fun at home!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 11:19AM

ONly lost half a lb oh well. i'm going to my sisters dance recital today and then my best friend is sleeping over so probably wont post for a while.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 12, 2007 08:34PM

hey hun..have fun at the dance recital!!! and loads of fun with your sleepover!!that is exciting..i am sure..you are doing great..don't worry about the weightso much you are healing and detoxing...the weight will come off in good time..i read in my reiki notes today that the more you tell your body to lose weight by this day or whatever you are fighting your own thoughts..just say thank you for helping me become a more slender person smiling smiley
love ya sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 14, 2007 02:07AM

Hey doll thanks for that. That makes a lot of sense. I love alternative healing stuff like that. Well day 7 and I've lost 8 lbs so that's good. Day 7 is supposed to be the worst detox day and i'm almost done with that so yay. I was tired today with headaches and a lot of elimanations but other than that it was ok. I go back to NYC tomorrow morning. It will good to be back i guess.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 14, 2007 02:58AM

OOops forgot:
last nights dream um well nightmare
I was on day 6 of ym fast driving by a mcdevils hehe when all of a sudden i had to go in and i broke my fast on 3 cheese burgers and 2 large fries. I'm pretty sure i haven't eaten there in 8 years. So scary!! I started crying in my dream after i realized what i'd done and woke up a little wet eyed haha.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 14, 2007 05:41AM

hey hun...glad you got through today!!! you you....i made some cauliflower rice for tomorrow haha and thought of you instantly!! as soon as i pulled it out...i mixed it with some broccoli too..put it all in the food processor and then into a bowl made a big batch of stuff for my wraps this week smiling smiley....going to be so yummy haha...excited about them with the collard greens and kale smiling smiley
hmm well iam glad you are doing so well with everything and taking care of yourself...that is aweosme to hear!! can't wait till your fast is over on wednesday hooray!!! we can share lots of stuff then haha...
oh those scary dreams are intense..i have them too about things..and they always get so intense you wake up and are like did it really happen??
wow crazy crazy!!! haha the other night i must of had some detox in my sleep and my mouth tasted awful like metal and a fish tank haha....i was dreaming that i was cleaning my turtle tank and put the dirty disgusting filter in my mouth and it left particles in there and i could taste it it was sick...and i woke up and it was that taste in my mouth still haha it was crazy lol

well take care hun i gotta finish these diaries and et some rest at least if not sleep
love ya sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 04:14AM

So i have been feeling really great on this cleanse and in control and finally a little more like me. Becuase ever since i went through this traumatic thing i went through i haven't felt like myself or more like a fragmented self and then i was throwing up like 10 times a day so i finally made a move and did somethig drastic to try to save myself and now i have my mentor and my therapist saying not eating for 10 days is slowly killing myself and that i'm just annorexic and have a skewed view of things. Argh i'm so so frustrated. Well I'm going to finish the fast out cuase ionly have 2 more days left. I just feel like every time i try to do something good for myself it somehow twists into the opposite.
signed a very sad starfruit.
(I wonder if they can turn blue when they are sad)

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 15, 2007 04:29AM

hey love...well i am texting you but i was waiting for the post haha....i think you are doing amazing things for yousrelf..and you just stick with the last 2 days and then get back inot your awesome raw foods..and show them you were saving yourself not reverting to old days...i know it is hard...my gram was being rude the other day on the phone saying if that is all you relaly eat you would be tiny and having eating problems and blah blah...but whatever.....i just said gram i gotta go..and hung up....i can't be around negativity...you just stick with your beliefs and keep going!! i know you are doing something amazing..also give your mentor and therapist the master cleanse book where it explains you are geting all the vitamins and nutrients you need for the day in the MC...maybe that will kick them in the butt smiling smiley
take care and know that i am here for you hun!!! don't ever stress cuz i got your back i know how it feels!!
take care love
love ya...
xoxoxoxooxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 04:39AM

Thanks so so much. I needed that. Now I can sleep. your the best.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 15, 2007 04:40AM

I am always here for babe!!!! no problme..you can count on me when all else fails i am here for you..right behind you!! have a great night and sweet dreams!!!
love ya lots
xoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 02:06PM

Hi Starfruit****
hope you're feeling fine and all is welll!

Is your name because you love the actual starfruit? I have never had it...once only did I see it at Whole Foods, but I didn't buy one since they all looked so overripe, but I regret that! I should've gotten one anyway to taste.

Anyway, I just like the name all by itself, fruit or not.

I have tasted a few of the more unusual fruits, like sapote, cherimoya, mamey. Only tasted frozen durian...that is a story, of course. Everyone has their Durian story. I had this little package of frozen Durian that I got at Ranchos, and I was so curious on the bus to work that I broke the seal.....MISTAKE!!!!! I was mortified! I tried to close the bag as tight as I could and not let the wretched fumes out, but it is impossible to contain once unleashed. I thought I was going to be kicked off the bus. I sat frozen trying not to breathe I was so afraid to even move that bag with the whisper of a breath!!!! I don't understand that fruit! Why the stench????? Someday I want to try fresh durian, with a clothespin on my nose, heh.

You have a good day!

Elakti

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 15, 2007 08:18PM

hey starfruit! i have read your journal every now and then but i don't think i posted yet! i just wanted to say i'm so impressed by your fast. i would last maybe half a day...lol. sounds like you are doing well, don't let anyone tell you what's right for your body except you! you are the one who lives in that body, and you can best interpret its signals and needs.

i have dreams of eating cooked foods, too. i had one about eating a luna bar the other night, and i woke up so disappointed that i had "blown it" already...then i realized that it was a dream! it's so weird!

keep it up, only 2 more days, right?

Current Page: 7 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables