Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 14
Re: A little help please for getting back to raw food
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: February 28, 2007 01:47PM

HI. Thanks for your concern. I actually had a really good day, but i slept over a friends house last night so that's why i didn't post. I also for got my phone ooops. Anyway good day:
3 pieces of mana bread (I have to finish that loaf)
handful of raisins
2 oranges
1 salad with lettuce, sunflower sprouts, grapes, 5 walnuts, apple yum
1 chai w/ a little soy milk ooops
I worked out for an hour and a half at the gym
THis morning i weigh 111.5 yay!Having a smoothie right now and 1 piece of manna bread. Going to make soup before school. Take care all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 28, 2007 09:14PM

Hey girl good job sounds like you had a good day yesterday!!!! and today your weight is less again that is awesome!!! congrats on that...i am soooooo happy for you...haha as soon as you finsih that mana bread you will feel fantastic haha...although you seem to be doing really well eating it and not feeling guilty but that is awesome and i don't have that power haha.....anyways girlie i will talk to you later have a fabulous day will check in later...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: March 01, 2007 01:23AM

Hey sweets. Well i did it in finshed that bread sans guilt and now i don't have to think about it anymore. After i wrote i had 2 sheets of nori with mustard. Then got a mega sweet craving os had 5 raisins and then made a little bit of choclate dip using carob and honey and vanilla and rolled 5 almonds in it. Yum. So then i was gonna make my soup for today but my tomatoes went moldy over night! Yuck. so instead:
Lunch was 1 grapefruit, handful of raw almonds, 1.5 oranges, and then whole foods started making some raw entrees or at least the on in ny which is awesome so i got some zuchinni and squash pasta with tomatoe sauce and an edamame seaweed salad. So yummy. Took and hour and a half dance class and walked 40 blocks. Was too tired to go to the gym. I didn't get much sleep last night wink wink. Have a great night everyone.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 01, 2007 04:19AM

hey starfruit!! how are u little gal?love your new little picture.it looks like a "starfruit"girl.well-hows the sweater u are knitting? i knit socks.i don't knit good but i taught myself in 4th grade.went and got knitting needles and a little book and yarn and started. i taught myself how to make socks with 4 needles.not bragging...just saying it cause i must be somehow smarter than i know.hee hee!anyway-u sound like u are doing good.i am not loosing weight like i was.the thing i found out from david the guy on this site from florida is fruit stablizes your weight and veggies give u weight loss.so i am working on that. hey gal-i put a afghan i made in my journal for u to see.it is crocheted. i do more crocheting any anything.since i am changing my lifestyle-i have not been knitting or crochetin or doing my mosaic's cause it is sitting when i could be busy exercising.hugs and take care.good weight loss. how much to u want to weigh?if i weigh your weight-i would be so delited.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: March 01, 2007 12:09PM

HI Taylor,
Thanks. That picture was taken at the Paris Plage in france.That's so cool you taught yourself in 4th grade. My grandmother taught me when i was 14. I want to make socks. That's interesting about the fruit and veggie stuff. I like fruits so much more though so that stinks. Well i'm working on it. I am going to make my soup this morning and that is nothign but veggies. I havne't been knitting much either. Too busy. i Miss it though .Yeah exercise is important. I want to weigh 100 pounds again. I'm a petite girl so that would be ideal for me. I don't want to drop any lower than that though. When i had an eating disorder i went way lower than that and looked really scary. Anyways this morning i way 112.5 again stinky. OH well. I had too much fat yesterday. I wont have any today. So i have a fair amount left to loose . Oh well. I need to be patient cuase if i loose it fast it will just come back.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 01, 2007 01:00PM

man-paris!! i wanted to go there so bad.i wanted to see that big place where picasso lived -i think it was like an old piano warehouse and it had like 40 rooms or apts. and one bathroom and artists lived there.i think they called it like the boat or something.then i found out it had burned down anyway.well-u look tiny.i am 5 ft.4 and was 245.agh.don't know how that happened.i guess in all the pain i had and could not move alot and then eating wrong.still working on this one.well-your soup sounds good.what is it out of?u said all veggies.yummy. i love fresh juiced beets. ifeel when i drink beet juice it is soooo good for me.its so vivid in color.well have a wonderful day. i will be excited to see your knittings.hugs taylor

Date: March 02, 2007 03:13AM

overall good day though not so much with food. I had
pineapple
blackberries
2 pieces of nori w/mustard
some raisins
1 chai tea with soy
I didn't really like the soup i made a lot. I should have known becuase i don't really like tomatoes and it was tomatoe based. Right now I'm trying to dehydrate it and turn it into crackers. We shall see how that goes.So anyways that is all i brought for lunch and i was feeling really light headed and queasy so i ate 1 banana and then had 2 pieces of bread. Ooops, but it did actually make my tummy feel better. Taking friends to a raw place tomorrow. I'm excited. So exercise wise i had combat class for 1.5 hours which is crazy physical activity plus 1.5 hours of tap class plus 230 calories burned at the gym, also weights and abb stuff done so really good physical day despite the cooked food. I'm so hungry right now but i'm just going to wait until tomorrow becuase believe it or not i have some kind of self control. Taylor- yeah Paris is an amazing city. I've been 3 times and have fallen in love. I used to be fluent in french but now i'm out of practice.Might take lessons over the summer. That picasso place sounds so good. Thanks for saying i look tiny i was 108 in that picture. It sounds like you are doing os well with your weight loss. way to go. Oh the soup had lots of tomatoes, peppers, jalepeno, corn, raisins, olive oil, dill, parsley, rosemary, lemon, onion, garlic i thinks that's it haha. I'll have to try that beet juice i've never had it before. Think i;m going to make some tea now. Sachelle where are you. I'm worried. I'm going to post knitting pics now.

Very old picture of me wearing hat and scarf i knit

This is a very very silly pic of me trying to look like my cat when her tongue gets stuck but the sweater i'm wearing i knit

Me knitting in ME

Me at 14 wearing the first sweater i knit haha

And for something a little diffrent- cow boy boots that i designed

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 02, 2007 12:04PM

Dear Starfruit!! i love your knittings.they are very lovely.i have knitted sweaters...a few times.not alot.i had done one for my son when he was a teen.he wore that thing the whole school yr.finally tossed it out.then my hubby took it and wore it another yr.so it got its useage.the dollar store lately has been having yarn that is 4-5$ a skein for of course-one dollar!! i stock up when i see those.i love the boots. they are darling.u have been to Paris-3 times!! wow!! lucky u.what kind of raw place are u taking your friends?that sounds pretty cool.i know what u mean about control.sometimes i have none and overeat and then feel sick.hate that!!your soup sounds wonderful.i think i would like that.did u get it from a recipe book-or wing it and make it up yourself??starfruit-have a wonderful day.u lead an exciting life.hugs taylor

Date: March 03, 2007 04:16AM

Wil write more tomorrow must sleep now.
113 lbs (stupid cooked food)
had for dinner raw lasanga and raw tiramisu
lunch raw cookie, bite of a chocolate bar raw, soy chai (so bad)
breakfast 2 apples with almond butter, raisins, and honey
2 pieces of seeweed

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 04, 2007 03:42AM

112.5 lbs
super nausous ugh. don't even remeber what i ate. not feeling well. night all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 05, 2007 03:16AM

dear starfruit-i hope ue feel better.me too gal.went to the coast and ate like a fat sick girl.makes me so mad. ate all kinds of bad stuff.don't even know why.i guess away from my juicer and stuff at home.i guess sachelle is gone. i just hope she is ok and not sick from not eating.she needs to eat with her disease of diabetes 1.well-if u hear from her.let me know so i don't have to worry.hugs taylor

Date: March 05, 2007 03:48AM

110 lbs
lots of juice fruit seaweed, all raw today
Taylor, the only thing i've heard was a text a few days ago saying she forgot to pay the bill for cable and internet so they shut it off but that was a while ago. Hmmmm.
well i've been raw for a month now. Yay. I think i am either detoxing or getting really sick and i'm not sure which one. My mom wants me to go to the doctor tomorrow. I've had a sore throat for a few days with 2 white patches, i have a low grade fever, and last night i had to get up 5 time to poo. That has continued into the day. I lost 2.5 beucase i pooed so much haha. Do people know if these are detox singns or if there might be something wrong with me? hmmm well we'll see how i feel when i wake up but right now i feel really lousy and just had another huge poo. Have a good night all. Sorry for the gory details

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 05, 2007 04:19AM

I hope sachelle is ok, probably just trying to get cable back on. She is/was planning on coming up to Carlsbad for the next raw food pot-luck. I hope she makes it.

Lovely pics Starfruit!

Love,
Prism

Date: March 05, 2007 05:34AM

Hello hun....wow congrats 110 pounds that is awesome...sorry you are sick...sounds like detox symptoms to me.....of course i am not gone i would of said something to you ladies....Taylor you thought i would just leave....i text starfruit the other day to let her know what was going on so you wouldn't worry....and i see you guys still thought i gave up...well not prism thanks girl smiling smiley..........keep up the good work hun.....you are doing great!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 06, 2007 12:38AM

110 lbs
ate well today
docotr thinks i have strep. put me on anti biotics that are killing my tummy ugh. so glad your back sachalle. love you girl

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 06, 2007 05:58AM

no gal-i never knew-i was so sick with worry about you.well-i am glad u are back. dear starfruit-take care. i got sick too-started out just like u...a sore throat but it was short lived.hugs and take care-rest.taylor

Date: March 06, 2007 06:43AM

Hi love well i am sorry you are feeling bad that is no fun....antibiotics are harsh on the tummy especially when you are raw...it also makes people extra sleepy....good luck with them...let me know how you are doing.....taylor i am good...have some struggles with weight still but nothing to keep me away...
take care girlies
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: raspberry ()
Date: March 06, 2007 08:45PM

hey,

i'm sorry that you haven't been feeling so good recently. sounded like detox symptoms to me, but i'm no expert of course..

my doctor used to want to put people on antibiotics all the time. my family and i even started to make jokes about that, like you'd have just a little cold and he'd recommend antibiotics. i'm glad that at some point my mother started to get interested in alternative medicine and treated me with homeopathy and just didn't buy the antibiotics prescribed. and voila, i'm still alive. (although my doctor insisted that my anginas and ear infections etc. would never heal well without antibiotics. what utter crap though, because that's just not true).

i hope you'll feel better soon!
hugs,
raspberry

Date: March 07, 2007 03:56AM

Hye all,
I know i am so sceptical of these antibiotics hmmm doctors now a days are so willing to presecribe. was all raw today except 2 slices of white toast in the morning at a friends house.ugh i have such trouble with social situations. anyways i've been home the past liek 4 or 5 days so once i get back to nyc i will be posting more again. sorry been a bit distance. thinking of you all

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 07, 2007 12:30PM

take care little tiny starfruit.taylor

Date: March 07, 2007 10:45PM

hey girl....don't feel bad wait till you read my journal i am about to sign off but will be back in like an hour or so to repost...i binged today...all cooked food...except for lke 4 grapes.....i had the worst day known to man....i was at the gym and for once didn't want to be there but struggled through a long tough workout...then i went to the dmv and fought with them for FOREVER to resolve nothing because the computers crashed...only to come back to the house i work at as a nanny and eat cooked food....it was so ironic for me...so today i have probably eaten like 1000 calories already well i might have a grapefruit or something...i am taking the girls to dinner at soup plantation or sweet tomatos (taylor you know) so i might have a salad..but right now all i want to do is throw up...it is the worst...i am almost so ashamed of myself i wanted to give up forever and go back to my old ways...but i have you wonderful ladies to help me through it so i am going to survive...hopefully if the cooked today doens't instantly kill me......smiling smiley
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxo
i am going to text you on my way to get the girls could use a friend haha...

Date: March 08, 2007 01:18AM

Ahhh cooked food got us today.
Ok well Im back in NYC which i great. I had a tough day. I slept over my exes monday night which stressed me out a lot. That was really silly. Had 2 pieces of bread there in the mornign and i think that triggered it for me. OH and havn't been around a sclae 4 two days so i don't know how much i way which is stessing me out a little. ANyways stayed raw this morning but then on the train back had some granola and pretzels and then some rice dream ice cream wheni got back and a soy chai. so stupid i fel so nausaus but whatever. Tomorrow Sachelle and i are going ot do 100% for 2 months and are committed to it. I'm sick of letting my self have exceptions. So here we go. I'm going to take a bath read a good book and maybe watch a french film tonight to make me feel bettr. Tomorrow i'm going to do gym, yoga, and hopefully 2 dance classes and of course all raw. Yay. Throwing away the rest of the cooked food i have sitting around tonight so then i have nothing to fall back on. I think my detox freaked me out a bit too and these antibiotics that make me want to vomit. OH well i'll be better soon. Ooo and i think i'm going to try to waitress at a raw food place this summer. So excited.
Taylor: Thanks for your sweet thoughts. This was really short lived too weird. Anyways thanks!
sachelle: We got this girl. I'm excited. Maybe you can also motivate me to get my @$$ to the gym more often hehe
Raspberry: Thanks for your thoughts. I think i'm going to question docotors more now when they want to give me drugs so quickly. I don't think this was even strep
Thanks all .Have a good night.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 08, 2007 02:38AM

well-i swear when i was soooo sick last yr. i went to the e.r. and the dr. would not give me antibiotics. i was so mad.i had been sick for so long. well-she told me she would write me a perscription for time release cough drops.what the hay is a time released cough drop?they get sucked-so it is time release anyay. i got mad and left.well-the next day after a horrid nite of no sleep. and i was packing to move at the time and selling out old house and trying to keep things clean for showings(In case the buyer fell thru)-my dr. gave me antibiotics and bam!! better almost right away.there is a point where i get sick and get sinus infection and thats the only thing to help.anway-glad u are back home starfruit.that is funny-today i was thinking i would go back to vegan.well like eat a cooked meal of beans and /or a boco chicken burger which has no fat and some protein. i cann't make myself eat the un cook books recipes that have so many nuts.well-take care.hugs taylor

Date: March 08, 2007 03:58AM

Haha weird vibe of the day for cooked foods i guess. At least you held strong. Ooo some good old cooked vegan food sounds so good but no! I know some of thsoe books use so many nuts ahhh esp. the ones w/pine nuts that are so high in fat. It freaks me out. Hmmm

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 08, 2007 06:35AM

hey girlie...well what a day we had.....i knew what you meant when you text me how funny...because i was like thank goodness she did it too haha...it was like it was not as bad since we had someone to talk to about it...yep we are all the way tomorrow for good..no exceptions no bites of this or tasting of that or just this one thing...no triggers all healthy all raw!!!!! and then we will get on track and be healthy and vibrant like others...so get out your notebook winking smiley just kidding haha....have a wonderful night
ahh taylor i did have some vegan boca burgers today ahh i felt so guilty after having them so don't unless you are 200% sure smiling smiley
take care girls
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 08, 2007 07:01AM

haha oh yeah btw .....that is so weird...i found a beautiful card i wanted to mail you today and i was going to ask you for your address haha...that is weird...so when you get this text me your address so i can send you something
love ya

Date: March 08, 2007 10:44AM

well-i think it is hard for me to loose weight with all the nuts.i know u don't need alot of protein.i keep hearing how people who live where it is cold-want something warm.i am the same.a no fat or very low fat burger -on lettuce for bread...may not be so bad.if it is the only cooked food for the day.when i go to the raw food potluck-i am only going to have a tiny sliver of my pie i make.and i am not eating all day till i go.to ward off calories...to many.a small sliver with dates and nuts as the crust and then the filling.too many cals.almost everything in this raw food world has nuts.the mylk,the cheeses,the desserts,the soups and the drinks even.sort of freaks me out.i hear ya starfruit.hugs taylor and have a wonderful day.

Date: March 08, 2007 08:11PM

114 lbs (ahh i almost had a freakout this morning but then i breathed and calmed down)
Good afternoon all. Well i had an awful mornging. I had to deal with the grouchy bank and then the smoothie place i always go to wasn't open and i was so hungry becuase i didn't have any food at home cuase i was gone for 5 days so i did cave and have a lunabar but that is my last cooked item ever. Anyways it was fine it didn't make me feel sick and the rest of my day got so much better. I had some OJ and a few pieces of a fruit salad.Then i went to the gym and worked out and did wieghts for 2 hours i burned 370 calories. Then i took an hour long yoga class which was so nice saunaed for 15 min and then showered. IT was really nice and i was bursting with energy. So i was walking home and i passed by this little market i hadn't noticed bfore and they carry only organic produce so i was really excited i went in to do my grocery shopping instead of going to whole foods and at the back discovered 3 aisles of all raw products!!! Oh my god i was so excited. So i stocked up so iw ouldn't have anymore excueses. Then i came home and made cauliflower rice using half a head of it and had that with 4 nori sheets so yummy. Then i had a live burger wrapped ina live wrap that i bought at the store 3 small pieces of raw chocolate fudge and some raw cocoa crispies. I sort of raw binged but i don't even feel that full and i'm done for the day. Really good morning .Taking tap tonight. Yay. Have a good one you all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 09, 2007 02:53AM

boy-sounds like u hit pay dirt with the little shop you found.good for u.u sound like u ended up having a good good day.glad u got your place stocked with food.have u tried the mash potatoes?it is with cauliflower-but it has NUTS in it.sheesh.if i eat nuts-i will do so like out of hand so i can know exactly how much fat and calories.i gained 5 and lost 2-so now i have 3 more pounds to loose to get back to where i was.never do this again.will we all ever stablize?this diet will work if we don't cave.by the time-u find what u need to eat and can eat-u are already hugry and learning to not give in to appitite.then by the time stuff gets soaked and out of the food dryer.more care food huntings and learning to not give in and eat only what is pure and good...no taintings.that is a tall order in this day and age.i figure if i jsut wait it out in between times-i will loose.well-sounds so wonderful-your day.take care-u seem well and over your sickness.yay!! hugs taylor

Date: March 09, 2007 03:36AM

hey girlie girl...well good job you had a great afternoon...sorry your morning was yucky....i went back to the dmv today to finish things and they were closed because of computer problems...dumb dumb....anyways...awesome that you found the organic produce place with 3 aisles of raw that is too cool.........congrats on that.... i am sooo happy for you....i ate some cauliflower rice tonight too...i already ate like a whole head but it was a smaller one...and i still want more...i am craving it tonight...so i might go make somewhere better then eating cooked right??? anyway it will up my kcals a little haha...awesome job at the gym....sounds good....i am going again this evening with a friend so excited but she doesn't like to stay long so i always have to go first haha..
well take care and talk with you tomorrow
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Current Page: 3 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables