Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 4 of 14
Re: A little help please for getting back to raw food
Posted by: raspberry ()
Date: March 09, 2007 12:36PM

hi, i'm glad your day ended better than it started! and this market you found sounds awesome. and so many raw product, wow. i wish i had raw chocolate fudge too! things like these make it so much easier to stay raw. maybe i'll be able to order some raw choc from the net once i have more money available again. mhmm fruit smoothie with raw cocoa powder..i love it. okay, enough of that ;-)

another new idea for me to try, the cauliflower rice with nori, cool.
take care**

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 09, 2007 01:59PM

113 lbs (yay getting back on track)
Good morning all. Lets see i woke up and had 1 banana, some raw granola, 1/2 a papaya, and a bowl of raw cocoa crispies w/almond milk i made. So good. A lot for the morning but i was super hungry after not eating at all last night. Plus i always eat the most in the morning. I'll probably have another live burger and a seaweed salad later.
Taylor glad you are able to start dropping the weight again. It always feels like such a relief. I know will we ever stabalize? I think you could try having nuts. HTey have the good kind of fat in them and raw ones are so good. Just don't over do it.
Sachelle: sounds like you are doing really well. Thanks again for the cauliflower rice recipie. So good.Im glad you will have a friend with you at the gym so you don't overdo it. Well yay we are into day 2 of all raw minus my little exception yesterday morning. Go us. xoxo
Raspberry: Thanks for your sweet words. Yeah the raw chocolate stuff always helps me get through cravings for cooked food. Hopefully i can stop eating it one of these days but i'm gonna wait till my cooked cravings leace me. Ooo that smoothie sounds good. What kind of fruit do you put in it? Yeah it's great with nori. Take care.
Thanks all. Have a good one.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 09, 2007 11:51PM

So went to the gym and burned 280 cal. Then walked about 30 blocks home cuase i took a detour. Had a little seaweed salad. ! live burger w/ a raw wrap, tahini, saurkraut, and sprouts.Really yummy. Had 1 blood orange, another raw wrap w/almond butter a few raisins and 1 banana. 1/2 glass of oj, 1 pice of raw fudege, handful or 2 of raw granola and 1/2 glass of almond milk. Yay good day again. Didn't eat after 3:30. Still really full. Going over to a friends house. Have a good night all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 10, 2007 01:02AM

I am glad you had such a good and satisfying day, Starfruit. See you tomorrow.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 10, 2007 08:17AM

Hi love...well you are doing so amazing...and yay us for day 2.....hmm well yeah i thought oh goody a friend for the gym yay but she decided she was too tired and didn't show up...then this morning she didn't either when she was going to i woke up earlier then normal to meet her and she didn't.....since she signed up 1 1/2 weeks ago she has made it 2 times with me...so i decided i am not going to invite her anymore just go when i go and if she calls she can meet me there cuz i was tired this morning haah....hmm well hun have fun at your friends house...have a good night talk with you in the morning..
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 10, 2007 07:48PM

hi,
what you ate today really does sound yummy! glad you're doing so fine. (i admire all of you who actually exercise every day. my daily exercise is walking the stairs and the way to the subway haha)

you asked what fruit i put in the cacao powder smoothie. well, of course one could use any fruit..personally, i think bananas, pineapple, cherries, raspberries, strawberries or mango (or combinations of them) harmonize well with chocolate..

see you,
raspberry

Date: March 10, 2007 08:48PM

111.5 (yay)
Breakfast (I was hungry!):
2.5 kiwi's
some raw granola
smoothie (little almond milk, blackberries, 1 banana, oj) pretty good
wrap w/live burger
wrap w/raw honey and almond butter
Later a "pom pom juice" w/pomagranite and other yummy fruit from my juice bar
took jazzz class this morning. Might go to the gym might not. Have a lot to do and feeling kinda sleepy. Tomorrow i'm going to make raw pirogies. We shall see how that goes.
TSS: Thanks. read your journal sounds like you are doing well.
Sachelle: Onto day three and rocking it.Sorry your friend keeps standing you up. Yuck. Keep at it girl.
Raspberry: Thanks it is hehe. I have those "subway stair" days too. I just sat on my butt when i was sick so i figured itwas time to get going again. Defininltey gonna try that smoothie. Where do you buy raw cacao powder? Thanks.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 10, 2007 09:23PM

hey, you're doing well it seems. good luck with the pirogies!
well, i have no opportunity other than ordering in the internet to buy raw cacao powder. i bought it from www.shazzie.com (she seems to be quite the raw 'guru' in the UK..and i kinda like her..), who also created lots of raw choc bars that sound really great (but i haven't tried them yet), and also a raw chocolate recipe book. i so wanna have that, too. for my birthday maybe..
as i said, the website i mentioned is a UK site though, so i guess there are lots of US sites that'd be more practical for you (if you can't buy it elsewhere..)
***raspberry

Date: March 10, 2007 09:41PM

Hi dearie....thanks yeah its no fun she keeps ditching on the gym but of course i am always there haha....hey you should be able to find the raw powder at that raw food place you found...there are a few places around here that sell it....i know you should be able to find it....hmm good luck if not you can always have me send it haha....anyways hun you are doing awesome...glad you are losing weight that is awesome for you...i think i will jump on the scale and see what is going on with my own weight....
keep it up babydoll....
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 10, 2007 11:01PM

Got hungry and had 1 blood orange, 1 apple, and 1 banana. Thanks guys for info. Mmmm raw chocolate recipie book. Oooo. Yeah i'll look at my health food market monday maybe.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: March 10, 2007 11:46PM

great going Starfuit! you've got great food ideas.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 11, 2007 02:55AM

hey gal-u sound like u are doing so wonderful. i am back on track too.thank the lord.that sounds like a cool recipe book u got.i use carob. i love carob.yummy.i made that raw apple pie-gal that is the yummiest stuff i ever tasted.it is my recipe for the holidays.soooo good.well-take care little gal.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: March 11, 2007 03:48AM

I just had the most amazing night. I was all ready to have a Saturday night in snuggled up in my PJ's when I had this intense craving for raw tiramisu (sp?). So I decided why not and pulled my jeans back on and hopped the subway down to Pure Food and Wine to savor the sweet nites of tiramisu (which i couldn't finish) and also gaze perhaps a bit too long at the dreamy bar tender who works there. So then after my lovley dessert I had so much enery and thought what the heck lets walk the 60 something blocks home. It was such a nice walk. Spring is creeping into the air and as i was almost home it started raining. Perfect. As i was walking home along central park an old fellow stoped and bowed to me. I'm not making this up. I don't think i have ever been bowed to in my life. haha. Ooo and at the restaurant i met one of my raw food guru's who opened it so that was exciting. Anyways sorry for writing so much. Just wanted to share my silly adventure for tiramisu.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 11, 2007 04:24AM

wow-lovely nite.that is darling that an old guy bowed to u.how sweet and cute.what is the stuff u ate??tiramisu??? i don't think i ever heard of this stuff.your walk sounds wonderful.hugs taylor

Date: March 11, 2007 08:34AM

hey there well congrats on your awesome night...you soundlike you had a fabulous time eating your dessert and watching it haha...i am sure he was dreamy......and that is awesome you walked home from there congrats....you are brave just walking home in the dark by yourself my mom would still be yelling at me if she knew i did that haha...she gets so nervous about things with me alone haha.....i did that to her when i was 14 and we were there visiting....i walked like 2 blocks ahead of her and got us home when she was lost and she was freaking out haha...we walked probably 6o some blocks we were pretty lost haha..well she was i found it...anyways i just wanted to say good job on a night well spent...
taylor of course you have probably heard of tiramesu...it is the italian dessert that has espresso,eggs, and lots of sugar haha...it is a really really rich dessert that a lot of people love....and she had the raw version i bet it was yummy!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 11, 2007 02:56PM

Starfruit, did you meet David Jubb? Is he the one who opened PFW? I have heard he is a liquidarian - is that true? How did he look? Anyway, maybe I am just talking nonsense and he isn't the person you mean.

Where do you live? Mid-town?

Anyway, sounds like a fun adventure - just the sort of "great to be alive" raw adventure you would have.

xo Meg

Date: March 12, 2007 12:13AM

110.5 lbs
Good day. I ate:
a little raw granola and the rest of my tiramesu
tried to drink this banana tahini drink but it turned out kind of nasty. Maybe my tahini's gone bad hmmmm
For lunch i made the pirogies they were super yummy but i couldn't finish them. I'll have them for lunch tomorrow
Then for dinner i had a smoothie w/mango banana and strawberry
1 raw burger w/sprouts
1 apple
I took jazz this afternoon which was really fun. Also walked around a lot in soho.
Thanks alice :-)
Taylor great you are back on track. Ya that was pretty funny. It tasted how Sachelle described but it was raw. Amazing. I wonder if i can squeeze the repie out of them. Doubt it. But ya you can find the normal kind at every italian restaurant.
Haha Sachelle yes i wish he was dessert haha Ya my parents used to be like that but now they seem to like living through my adventures instead of worrying hehe xoxo
TSS no i met Sarma Meingailis who opened the restaurant. I haven't heard of David Jubb. What has he done? I live on the upper west side so it was quite a walk haha. Agreed i like how you put it. Take care all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 12, 2007 09:46AM

Hey there sunshine....you had an amazing day and did really well can you believe it day 4 of all raw after our little cooked adventure haha...we are doing so good yay us.....
well keep it up darlin......eww and i don't have a cute smile or whatever "nice" word you used haha it is gross...i don't like those pics of myself...come to think of it i usually don't but that is another story smiling smiley
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 12, 2007 04:43PM

Nope, my mistake, cause I was thinking of Jubb's Longevity raw restaurant on East 12th - never been there but it's not far from Quintessence - THEIR stuff is way too salty.

Date: March 12, 2007 08:10PM

So, anyway, I was really into dance a few years ago when I was healthier - favorite was tap and African, cause I could just do hours a day and not get bored, but I did hip-hop, funk, Latin, ballet, jazz, lots of freestyle, charleston, Afro-Caribbean, hula, even bellydance (just WASN'T ME, hey) - but I haven't done it in ages. I've been wanting to start up again, with a home video cause I'd feel shy in a class, maybe a Bollywood workout - every time I read one of your posts, I just burst and want to take the plunge!

I never got to Irish step, like Raspberry.

Keep cutting a rug,

Megan

Date: March 12, 2007 08:21PM

Megan just go for it girl....they are all worried about what they are doing and how well they are performing and moving to be paying attention to you!! so get out there and give it a try...i bet you still have moves smiling smiley....good luck darlin!!! and let us know if you decide to sign up for class i bet you will be phenominal (sp)
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Hey girlie girl......oh however will we convince our friend megan that she will thrive again in dance??? we love it...and if we can love it even though we are worried about our bodies and what not she can too right??? yay us!!!
love ya hun

Date: March 12, 2007 11:57PM

Busy day. Been up since 4 oh man anyway I gained a lb back. Guess i over did yesterday. I'm not stressed out about it though
111.5lbs
1/2 glass of oj
handful of blueberries
rest of my jicama piroguies
1 grapefruit
1.5 bloodoragnes
1 cherrypie larabar
some raw cocoa crispies
3 dates w/coconut on them (When i was at the store the guy was like enjoy your granola and i said actually i got dates and he said that's ironic hmmmm)
a few pieces of this raw carob seasame thing
2 raw macaroons
1 pice raw flasseed pancake
1 blackberry smoothie
SO overall did ok. Too much raw junk but that's ok at least i didn't give into my cooked cravings that were running rampant today. Right now I'm making almond milk for tomorrow breakfast to put on raw granola (i didn
t have a nut bag but read they were made out of nylon so i took a pair of my freshly laundered nylons cut the foot off and used it to strain the pulp haha. If my milk has a faint laundry detergent taste we will no why. OH well better than feet lol) I'm also making some almond flax bread w/cinamon and stuff in the dehydrater. We'll see how that turns out. I think i'll bring cauliflower rice to school tomorrow for lunch .Still have 1.2 a head left yum. OOO i feel bloated and yucky buut i'm on my period so that would do it.
Sach: I can't believe we are doing so well. Before you know it it will have been a week. And shut up about your smile. You really do have a lovley one. I know the feeling with pics lol.
TSS: I will have to try his place and report back to you. I've heard that about Quintessence as well. How do you know about all these places. Did you used to live in NYC? That is so cool you did that much dance. I'm not very good at tap but icould do it for hours it's one of my favorite things. I take ballet jazz hip hop as well really want to try flamenco and more african. Take my plunge my friend. IT's well worth it. I have serious anxiety issues with dance classes but once i'm there doing it everythign seems to be fine. Please take a class. I dare you. How bout that. Maybe that will work Sachelle. A double dare with a cherry on top... OK night all.

Worked out for an hour burned 280 kcal

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 13, 2007 01:00AM

Starfruit,

You are so lucky to live in NYC. Raw restaurants, cute bartenders, tap dance classes, old guys bowing to you...

The almond flax thing sounds interesting, how did it turn out?
Do you have to soak Nori? I keep picking it up at the health food store and then putting it back, it seems like I have to pre prep it but you guys really seem to like it and use it often. Maybe I'm missing something (besides not living in New York).

Date: March 13, 2007 06:16AM

HEy dulset....no you don't have to soak the nori you can just wrap it up and eat it...or dip it in some water and use it...it takes a wet finger and it turns to soft easily...no pre prep involved so pick it up and try it!!!

Hmm my dearest starfruit....aww you called me sach i haven't heard that in a while...my good friends in school always call me that haha...anyways you did awesome today congrats ....yeah i felt bloated the past two days too....but the period is not our fault so what can you do smiling smiley......you probably didn't gain a pound because of what you ate...your body fluctuates from day to day...that is why most people tell you to weigh only once a week silly!!! haha not that i listen to that either...but hey smiling smiley....hmmm my smile is great in those pics compared to the ones i just got from our potluck organizer....i need to stay away fromt he pics because i instantly want to give up when i saw them today...but hey i kept going....
you are amazing girl i love ya!!! yay you!! i hope she does some dance she used to and she loves oh what to do what to do....good job daring her haha i hope she does it..
well hun talk to you later
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxox

Date: March 13, 2007 08:41AM

hey little gal...u and sachelle are doing good.i am so happy for u and proud of you both. well have a wonderful day.hugs taylor

Date: March 14, 2007 12:16AM

112.5 ugh.
Yucky morning. I felt so bloated and fat. I can't stop eating. what's wrong with me? 2 bowls of raw granola w/almond milk
4 small pieces of the bread i made. It's so yummy
3 bananas
some cauliflower rice (seaseme oil, mustard, soy sauce) w/4 sheets of nori
5 dates
bunch of grapes
1 orange
bite of raw choclate but it kinda grossed me out. Don't know why.
dipped finger in coconut butter and ate a little haha
Well it doesn't look as bad typed out but it felt like so much.
I burned 340 cal at the gym today.
Was going to take dance but had to memorize lines. Oh well.
Dulset: Yeah i'm so happy living here. It has always been my dream to move to NYC and i did it yay!The almond flax bread was really good. Sort fo came out more a pancake than a bread. Nice at brakfast. You don't have to soak nori. Just wrap stuff up in it and go. So yummy. You should try it. The other kind of seaweeds you do have to soak though.
Sachelle: Hehe aw I like Sach it's cute. Well i wish it was just water weight but since i gained another i don't think so argh. I'm glad you realized you do have a great smile haha. Have a good night dear.
Taylor: Thanks! Sounds liek you are doing great w/your weight loss too. Proud of you.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: March 14, 2007 09:28AM

hi my little ray of sunshine.........you are doing so good...that is why daily weights aren't very good... smiling smiley it makes it seem like you are gaining but really you will fluctuate naturally...it is better to weigh once a week....you aren't gaining because you did bad...its' natural i know it is hard to think but it really is....glad your bread came out so yummy...i might need to get a dehydrater i might start to use it...but first i am going to need a new blender tonight while making my soup it was getting really low and unpowerful...but hey it's a cheap one from target or wal mart or something haha...like 10 dollars or 15 haha...so i will invest in a new one when it goes out completely....
well girlie take care of yourself and know you are doing amazing...
keep it up
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: March 14, 2007 12:04PM

hi, that almond bread you made sounds really good! i don't have a dehydrator, but maybe someday..
well, it's still better to eat a bit too much raw 'junk' than cooked. (and cravings can be especially bad when you're on your period, i know). so you're doing great!

Date: March 14, 2007 01:04PM

hi starfruit-your bread sounds so good. i have wheat berries soaking right now for bread.then i have crackers drying in my food dryer. i grated zucchini and put that is a bowl and then put sun-dried tomaotes into the blender and added 2 med.size tomaotes and italian seasoning and garlic and blended and put that into the zucchini and added flaxseed meal and cornmeal-spread this thin on cut up small pieces of parchment paper.they are round. i am going to have them today with raw soup.yummy.starfruit. i love how u put your daily weight up when u post.i am worried about maintaining once i loose. i see your weight flucuates daily but not much and maybe this is the secret.my daughter wants to live in new york so bad. i want to live in alaska.or montanta with lots of my own land.wilderness.well starfruit.take care and keep on shining.hugs taylor

Date: March 15, 2007 01:15AM

112 lbs
1 smoothie (orange juice and raspberries yum)
3 pieces of my bread
3 kiwis yum
4 macaroons
2 bananas
some blueberries
1 pancake
bite of raw chocolate
some raisins
What a sweet day. I crave it on my period. Got to get more beggies in though Eeek.
Walked a lot cuase it was gorgeous out. Took tap too.
Sach: Ray of sunshine indeed haha Ya i should probably not weigh myself so much but iget scared and feel like i'm loosing contorl if i don't. And it's much better than when i had an ed becuase then it was like evrey hour or more. You should get a dehydrater at some point they are great and a high quality blender. I got both as graduation gifts last spring when i first went raw. hehe Get a vitamix they work wonders. Anyway yay us for day 7!!!
Raspberry: Yeah guess your right. I think i'll transition off i eventually. Yeah it was so good. Let me know if you want the recipie. IT's from the complete raw foods cook book.
Taylor: mmmmm that sounds so yummy. I want to make it. I posted about mainting on your page. I think you'll be fine. Thanks for saying keep on shinning. IT made me really happy. Take care all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Current Page: 4 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables