Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 8 of 14
Re: A little help please for getting back to raw food
Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: May 16, 2007 01:13AM

Hi Starfruit, Just caught up on this page of your journal. Lots going on. I agree with the others. You are doing WONDERFULLY and you are the only one who knows what is right for your body. Your therapist sounds ignorant. Ever though of getting a therapist who is knowledgable about raw foods, fasts and ways to heal your WHOLE self?

Anyway, you are doing fantastic and don't let anyone tell you different. Many people feel literally very threatened by vegans & raw vegans because it threatens all they ideas they have become desperately attached to.

Keep up the awesome work.

www.inaia.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 16, 2007 01:43AM

Hi sweetie Starfruit---
So 2 more days of fasting...you went 10 days, right? That's a good cleanse! How are you going to break the fast? Are you looking forward to some good fruit?

Don't let those people harangue you...you just pursue your path of clean healthy food when your fast is over, you've got lots of support here.

SWEET DREAMS!

Elakti

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 16, 2007 02:40AM

Hey lovebug...yay for the fast one more day!!! how exciting!!!
i am sooo proud of you my love!!! you are doing fantastic and almost done with this amazing fast!!! so happy and knew you could do it!!!
thursday morning you are going to have the best tasting meal in the whole world..some yummy fruit!!!
well sweet keep up the good work!!! i will talk with you soon!
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:33AM

Well today was a hard day. I'm having a hard time being back in NYC. I guess I should just let you all know what's going on a little since you are al so supportive. I was raped a month and a half ago and am trying to recover. It's a constant battle and right now I feel like i'm losing. This fast has been great for a lot of thigns. It's helped m stop throwing up 10 tmes a day but I guess I thought if I took some control in my life it would fix everything like not needing anti depressants etc. I think I'm going to have to surrender to that though. I don't know. I'm sick of loosing the battle. Anywyas sorry for depresing stuff but this is me right now you know? I don't like that this is me right now but it is. So yes last day of fast tomorrow and then thursday I'll break it with juice. I'm so excited. Thanks for all the support everyone. Good thoughts to you all on your journeys. xoxo
ELakti: Well i like starfruit alright. I've had it a couple times, but I picked my name just cuase i like the way it sounds hehe. Wow i have not braved durian yet. Maybe some day. I've heard all sorts of stories but i think yours is the most amusing. I've never tried those unusual fruits you talked about. What do they taste like??? Ah there are os many thigns in the world i haven't tried!I'm breaking the fast with fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juice for two days. That's what the book recommends and then the third day juice in the morning and fruit for the rest of the day so yes fruit will be my first solid food. I'll keep you all posted. i can't wait hehe.
Meow: Thanks so much for stopping in. I'll catch up on your journal too. Your words were just what i needed to hear. Your right I know what's best better than all these silly people's opinions. Yeah i thought this fast was gonna be way harder than it was. I can't believe tomorrow is already the last day. That's funny about the lunabar .SO funny how these things surface in our dream land.
Inaia: Thanks you for that. That's a really good idea about a therapist who knows about these things. I just don't know how to begin that search and also this whole therapist thing is new to me as of a month ago so I'm still adjusting. But thanks for stopping in!
Hey sweets: Thank you. I know one day left. This is crazy. I'm really proud of myself. Thanks for cheering me on. luv ya.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 16, 2007 03:38AM

OH i forgot i went to the gym today for the first itme in a month and burned 200 calories so that was a good step in the right direction.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 16, 2007 03:48AM

Sorry for the extra posts but I forgot to say that my dad ordered me a juicer. I'm so excited! And I bought 2 new raw cookbooks today for some inspiration so yay!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 16, 2007 06:55AM

All sounds AWESOME!

I'm really sorry to hear about what you experienced. I don't know how I'd handle that.

I would starta search in Google or through someone like Marianne Williamson or Louise Hay- maybe sending a e-mail through one of their sites. Yeyfor your Dad's juicer and for your gym & new un-cook books.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 16, 2007 08:06AM

hey buttercup..yay you for breaking through and sharing..i know we discussed it via text messages for a while.....and you have been leaning towards expressing on here but ia m soooooooooo proud of you for saying something and getting it out there to heal from the emotions..i know i probably already told you last month but it took me 12 years to get the courage to say something...(maybe cuz it was my cousins husband i odn't know) but i have such an admiration for girls and guys who are able to step up and say something and for them to really know that it isn't their fault..i hid with it and it caused a lot of deep emotions and SI and ED's but i finally did tell a therapist and it scared me too..but it helped...well anyway just wanted you to know how commendable it is you are expressing your feelings for healing!!!!
good job lovebug!!! and oh yay for your juicer..aren't daddies the best?? my daddy got me one last month!!! i love it so much ...which one did he order you????? well hun have a wonderful last day of the fast i know you are doing amazing...keep up the good work!!
love always your raw sister smiling smiley
sach
xoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 16, 2007 12:24PM

Thanks Inaia and EA. Yeah I don't know sometimes it feels better to just let it out. I'm so sorry you had to go through the same thing. My dad got me the champion juicer cause they were having a big sale woot woot. Can't wiat. What kind do you have?

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 16, 2007 12:34PM

Good morning sweetpea!! I am so proud of you !!! i can't say it enough that is so wonderful you are dealing with processing healing and moving past these events that is the best way..i never did most of these steps so i commend you for any attempts and success's i guess i feel it has been so long i have put in on the back burner and it only comes up when something happens to someone or something triggers thoughts you know?? but i think completely healing from it will def help you not have triggers...maybe i will look at your story as an inspiration and move past it and heal as well finally....anyways sorry enough about me

well i have the omega 8500 juicer it is cool i LOVE LOVE it...it is the best thing ever haha so wonderful!!!!!
you are doing marvelous love...losing weight feeling great and sticking with it smiling smiley..keep it up hun.!!!!!!

hey you should read through the chakra stuff on my diary it is really intersting..ican't sleep so i was just reading more on the solar plexus chakra and i am amazed at how many of the ailments are caused by your chakra being unclean and damaged..i have like over half of the solar plexus ailments!!!

well hun i better get off here and try to sleep again...hopefull this time it will work smiling smiley
love ya lots have a wonderful day!!!
take care sweetie!!!
<3 sach
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 16, 2007 03:40PM

I've got to eat oranges and rush to work...

great about juicer and books!

Must be an adjustment, back in NY

You stay balanced and lovely and have a super day, okay?!

Bouquet of smiling smiley's to you.

Elakti

Date: May 17, 2007 01:33AM

Today was a much better day and my last day of the fast woot! I kind of cheated at work though cuase i had 2 ounces of watermelon juice so i guess i broke it a little early but that's fine with me. I'll post inches i've lost and weight tomorrow morning. TOmorrow I'm just having orange, grapefruit, and watermelon juice. I'm so excited for new flavors though yay and back to raw. So a few exciting raw things going on.
1. I signed up for this really cool month long class all about raw stuff. I thought it wiould inspire me etc. If you guys want to check it out the site is rawsoul.com. I'm so excited about that.
2. I ordered a spiralizer on the internet and bought a mandolin today so I'm set for lots and lots of zugghetti.
3. So i was wondering only a little if i should maybe just be vegan coming off the fast and not all raw. Not sure why it just crossed my mind a couple times, but last night I had a dream about eating a vegan cupcake from baby cakes, crying, and then making myself throw up. SO i think that's a clear enough answer that to heal I need raw. (I knew that already but this just ocnfirmed it even more)
Today I bought i beautiful blue silk top to celebrate me doing this fast and getting through it. Maybe I'll post pics later. We'll see.
EA: Don't appologize. What you shared was really good silly. Oh hey how do you do the banana icecream in the juicer? Ya the chakra stuff is super interesting. MY mom is really into that. Hope you had a good day. Love ya.
Elakti: Love your name btw Thanks for my bouquet it's beautiful.YOur the best. Hope your day was good and you start to feel better.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 17, 2007 02:41AM

Hi Sweetie! Seems you are doing awesome! Congratulations on completing your fast.

www.inaia.com

Date: May 17, 2007 02:57AM

Hi!

I second the motion for RAW coming off the fast, and thereafter! smiling smiley

I wanna spiralizer too! I think I'll order one tomorrow. smiling smiley

I'm very smiley lately. smiling smiley

Your blouse must be lovely. Good for you, I'm all for giving presents! I think I must order a spiralizer tomorrow!

***Elakti

smiling smiley!!!

Date: May 17, 2007 08:30AM

Hey doll..yay you did buy yourself something nice....good for you darlin!!! and yay for you ending the fasta nd feeling amazing!!! i need to do inches tomorrow before work and start monitoring them haha of course i never remember to...well summer is going to be here soon so that means a lot of changes for me..but in the end (of the summer) i will get to see ya!!! yay can't wait!!
well you are doing amazing hun!! take care and enjoy breaking yor fast in the AM!!!
love ya bunches

oh and go with what you feell raw is best..but i know what you mean...i sometimes feel like why can't i just dothis or that and heal and be healthY??? i was playing with that today too!!!
love ya dolly!!!!
<3 sach

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 17, 2007 11:18AM

Hey all thanks for all the great support!
So I started the fast at 120lbs (the biggest i've ever gotten). I'm now at 112lbs.
Inches before and after: Chest: 35", 33.5" Waist: 27", 24.5" Hips: 30", 29" Thighs: 18", 16"
So that is a total of 8" of fat and toxins rid from my body. Pretty cool I think.
Plus i have so much more energy and feel really good so this fast was definitley the right thing for me! But now I'm done yay and it's time ot get soem fresh squeezed juices. Have a good one all.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 17, 2007 05:00PM

Wow! You are so pretty (I saw your pics on the pic thread). With increasing health, you are going to really shine STARBRIGHT STARFRUIT!!!!

Now, get those juices and clean real food in you...your cells will just eat it up gleefully.

Take care,
I'm rootin' for ya.

smiling smiley Elakti

Date: May 18, 2007 12:47AM

Thank you! Your post made me really happy.
Well today was good. I had:
12 oz grapefruit juice
16 oz oj
22 oz watermelon juice (sooo yummy)
Then later today i had some coconut water at work and it tasted so good so i tried a little of the meat and it didn't hurt my tummy so i ate the rest of the coconut and then a little raw lasagna that they sell. Yum oh my i missed food! Still trying to take it easy though. I feel so energized wahoo. Hope everyone had a great day.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 18, 2007 12:54AM

How I LOVE watermelon. and watermelon juice. My mouth is watering. I feel like I could eat ALL of my favorite rawfoods today. I wish I could. I want watermelon and cherries and and and and!!!!!! (BTW, I am having one of my hungry days!)

Glad you feel so well!
smiling smiley elakti

Date: May 18, 2007 08:06AM

hey lovebug!!! yay you had a wonderful day!!!! good for you sweetie you are doing so well!! i am sooo happy for you with that wonderful lost..and so proud of yoU!!! you have come to far!!! goodie goodie!!! well hun i love ya and can't wait to see you in august!!! take care and have a wonderful day!
love ya doll
sach
xoxooxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 18, 2007 03:24PM

Thanks guys. Well I'm back in Boston for the weekend. JUst doing oj today i think. I only gained half a lb which is so fine with me. Have a good day guys. You all are wonderful.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 18, 2007 03:46PM

Hey sweetie! Looks like you are doing awesome! Congratulations on all your success with the fast and your body. Keep being kind to yourself. smiling smiley "Talk" soon... Inaia

www.inaia.com

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 18, 2007 05:22PM

Great job w/ everything! i am so impressed by your fast. i think fasting (and raw in general) not only cleanses your body, but also your mind and your emotions. i hope you are beginning to heal and move past what happened. i think it is so wonderful that you are doing something positive for yourself to cope rather than remaining caught up in a cycle of self-destruction (purging). that takes a lot of self respect and awareness. you are getting through this, i'm proud of you smiling smiley

Date: May 19, 2007 10:38AM

Hey babydoll!!!! yay for boston huh??? i hope you get to go on an awesome bike ride with your dad again!!! i wish i was hope or close enough to drive home when i felt like it..i miss home a lot can't wait to get there!!! and can't wait till august....you are doing amazing of course you are YOU are amazing.....all the more power to you for healing your body and taking it one day at a time and really get past everything..this is so emotional but you are handling it soo well..very happy for yoU!! and so proud...my raw sister..taking life in her own hands smiling smiley you go girlie!!!
well take care talk to you tomorrow
love ya lots
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 19, 2007 12:24PM

Thanks everyone for your words. You all are wonderful. Well back down to 112. Starting to eat again Mostly fruit though i did have a little almond butter on my pear this morning. Feeling really good. Super busy at home. will write more later. Raw restaurant tomorrow. So excited.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 19, 2007 04:25PM

Sounds good, starfruit. I had a not 100% raw meal tonight and I sorta wish I hadn't. I'm great and refuse to feel guilty but it sure lets me know where I really stand on all this. All the best...

www.inaia.com

Date: May 19, 2007 09:40PM

Hey love.....oh yay for you!!! you are having a good weekend and started having fruit..at a good weight!! you are living high on life right now smiling smiley...keep up the good work...oh and have fun at the restaurant is it the one your parents have taken you before?? you always have amazing things it sounds like smiling smiley
take care love
love sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 20, 2007 12:50PM

Yesterdeay:
strawerries
4 bananas
blueberries
watermelon
fresh squeezed oj
1 pear
1 zuchinni into zughetti soooo yummy
a little bit of suchinni hummus with seaweed (didn't like the hummus as much maybe i need to add more stuff)
2 dates rolled in coconut
1 key lime pie larabar
yummy day. Really busy. Went to my friend's memorial. That was hard. Yes it's the same restaurant. Cna't wait. Love you guys

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 20, 2007 02:49PM

That food sounds so good! I almost bought blueberries the other day, but they were 6.99 for small basket. I am craving blueberries. I feel almost like I am craving that COLOUR. Always have loved blueberries, ever since childhood. But, I did buy some cherries ( 6.99/lb).

My flower garden is more and more purple flowers, anything in blue and purple shades...with yellow and orange, touch of pink, white. So pretty.

Keep on keeping on,
Peace in your day.....

Elakti smiling smiley

Date: May 20, 2007 04:25PM

Sounds really yummy & healthy & good. Keep up the good work!

www.inaia.com

Current Page: 8 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables