Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 12, 2007 03:45AM

Hey there..that is amazing and wonderful for you!!!! only have cravings for raw foods yum!! that is the best stuff for you too!!!! well good luck tonight and tomorrow...stikc with it if you can it is all the better!! but hey you hve done great so far so either way!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 12, 2007 11:27AM

I love that "I only have eyes for raw food" haha so fifties romantic. Well i feel the same. In fact I'm thinking of giving raw food my pin.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 12, 2007 06:20PM

I am giggling...Starfruit and Rawfood are in LOOOOVE.

I did 4 days of fasting and I feel very good.

Today at about 10 a.m. I ate 2 kiwis...I was surprised to read they have a large amt of fiber (unless they included the peels, they wouldn't do that would they, lol,?)

My throat hurts a bit, there is like a web of mucous there with kiwi, I think. I drank water trying to move it along...

Soon I will chew an apple or .5 apple. That might sweep the throat too. Mostly I am so looking forward to a salad.

Lost some pounds, which is secondary, besides which I know that most will go back. Important thing--the cleansing. The loss of bloat is a gain that won't be lost. The pounds, no matter. I know that my body will take care of this extra weight in its own sweet time. And, from my past experience, my body usually takes a couple weeks' adjustment time...after that, it starts discarding! There's a lot to discard. Almost all my extra weight is stomach, abdominal. The mid of by bod needs a different size clothes than the rest of me. Definitely will be so very very very glad to get rid of it. That will happen when I am fully dedicated to my health and fully raw. So that is my main focus.

Later!
Elakti

Date: May 12, 2007 08:27PM

Hey there hun..yay you for doing 4 days that is fantastic!! how yummy was your first bite of food????
well keep up the awesome work!! you are doing so great and of course yes your weight will come off in time!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 08:45PM

hey i was a step ahead of you haha...when i rsvp'd you can see that i added 1 guest in case you could make it smiling smiley i knew it would fill up haha...
so let me know if you can make it!!!
thanks
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 12, 2007 10:25PM

Sweet foresight!

I did see that "& guest", and wondered if you already had one...

I will probably go...let me know if you need me to commit by a particular time, if you know someone else wants to go. I want to go, just a matter of figuring if I want to have the transportation/time woes. I am 90% sure of going...I want to. Will let you know soon. Thanks again!

I just finished a salad. I feel sleepy. It was fairly simple: lettuce, tomato, a bit of zucchini and a bit of cucumber. Oh, and a few little pieces of red onion which I've been crazy about lately. I put some dressing on it. The dressing was too powerful and I had to dish out another bowl with a mild homemade tahini dressing. Much better. Then I had to take out pieces of onion as that too was too strong. I really didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I was going to! Afterwards (now), feel sleepy and am about to take a nap. I think I want fruit later. Of course I am not eating now, but I feel a strong desire for banana and papaya. I just wanted to eat the salad because, after all, I only fasted for 4 days and I wanted something that would be bulky and combing to the intestines. Why do I feel so so so sleepy? My digestion is getting back into gear...a bit reluctantly?!?

Date: May 12, 2007 11:33PM

hey hun..shoot i should of told you...but melons are the best "combing" food to eat especially after a cleanse...if you eat them alone they will get that digestive tract clean as a whistle haha..i never really realized it after everyone says it i am like yeah yeah okay cool...but the ohter night i ate two cantelope (small ones too) on an empty stomach..and wowie did my colon have some cleansing haha...so maybe after your nap have that melon you were saving or grab some at people's works well!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo
oh and ps i will keep the guest open to you....if you don't end up coming it will just be 19 of us haha...
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 02:09AM

Thanks for info about the melon.

I had a banana a little while ago and I feel full.

I just made another long post on the main forum. And I am so mad at myself. I am getting so self-conscious about how verbose I am. Well, in my defense, there were a lot of questions involved! Oh, I hope I don't see a question with..."except for Elakti" LOL, ha ha. Maybe I just am so enthusiastic right now about being online and restarting rawfoodism that when I get going I can't shut up! sigh

Tomorrow back to work. sigh Well, at least that will get me away from computer! I tell myself that I shouldn't even be posting at all on the main forum! I should get some time together staying raw again. I feel so dorky right now. sheeesh.

Later I will eat papayas. That will make me feel better.

Date: May 13, 2007 06:40AM

Hey there hun..wellyou have one day more before going back to work right?? you said monday so you got all day tomorrow to relax and refresh smiling smiley
enjoy your day and have fun!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: May 13, 2007 08:17AM

Elakti!!
On this forum we like hearing other people's thoughts and views!
Feel free to be as verbose as you like grinning smiley

Thanks for stopping by on my journal and for all the nice comments! I am glad you are having a nice day and it is good to hear you are taking to raw with so much positivity!

It is very refreshing when I talk to my raw foodie friends and for the most part, they are always so happy, bubbly, positive and "living".

hope you continue having a lovely day!
much love
xxpeisi

Date: May 13, 2007 08:26AM

peisi..you are a true gem!!! you are always so bubbly and positive love having you to chat with when we can!!!
and elakti can't wait to meet up at cilantro's i hope you make it!!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 13, 2007 03:13PM

getting ready to go back to work after nearly 2 weeks off...the skirt I put on is usually busting at seams and waistband has to seek higher ground up at my sternum, LOL, but this morn. is at my waistband with a little room to spare!

I am ready to go......Ihave packed food!!!!!.......As if I am going on an expedition. I took 2 tupperwares of salad, salad dressing, 2 bananas, seeds, 2 tangerines!! And I only work 4 hours!! Seriously, I must be prepared, this is 1st day going away from home when I plan to be all raw and must NOT get hungry and have no food. The walk/bus/streetcar trip IS an expedition...about 2 hours each way, so it is 8 hours.

7 a.m.--Smoothie of 2 bananas, big handful goji berries, coconut, water.

Before I leave house, will eat a mango. Will probably eat a salad before starting work. (10:45) I know I will have to deal with hypoglycemia and wanting the full stuffed feeling for a period of time.

Thanks, Peisinoe, for the comments. I appreciate that. smiling smiley

Happy Mother's Day to all who have babies--- human, doggies, kitty-catters,.rodent kidders, birdies, ...and turtles, too smiling smiley or whoever you nurturesmiling smiley

TA TA,
Elakti

Date: May 13, 2007 10:45PM

Hey hun....well i hope your day at work was a marvelous one!!! i am thinking of going to peoples this evening for a few things..wanna meet there??? if not that is cool just asking in case haha....let me know!!!
hope your first day back went soooo well as i am sure it did...and glad you wer prepared for the day!! always better to be safe then sorry you know smiling smiley
well happy moommies day to you too!! i posted that haha did you see it?? beings alikelol
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 14, 2007 02:04AM

Here is my day's food so far:

7 a.m. Smoothie

banana

salad---w/out dressing, on the trolley (I was hungry!) (red leaf, avocado, tomato, red bell pepper, olives)

1:00 salad with tahini dressing (romaine, red bell pepper, .5 avocado, tomato)

3:00 banana

Home 4:00 mango & papaya

6:00 Smoothie (2 bananas, mango)

BIG BATTLE AGAINST A GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH I kept thinking about stopping and getting one, I was craving it so baaaaaad. Thinking, ah, I'll start the 100% thread tomorrow so this will be my last cooked food and I can really begin the all raw tomorrow and that will be Day One and easy counting blaah blaah blaah. Big fight. It is right where I get off the bus to walk home, and I was soo ooo ooo hungry, but I still had a banana and 2 little tangerines which I didn't think I wanted because they wouldn't be so comforting and FILLING as big ole mucousy mess , but I ate the banana and as I walked home I had little specks of soil in mouth from my red leaf lettuce...so there I was chewing dirt, wanting a grilled cheese and feeling ma-AAD! I thought about the fact I had mangos and papaya at home and thought "They better be good ones!"

They were. smiling smiley Delicious.

Little Magpie was delerious to see me. I watered all the garden. I don't have to post 'grilled cheese'. All is well. I WON! It was a battle, but I did it. Whewww!

EA---If I'd been home, yeah, I would've gone to People's to meet you!

Date: May 14, 2007 02:31AM

ya ya k-i-s-s-i-n-g i get it all the time
hehe
yay you won the battle
i think those are some of the hardest battles. ever.
SOunds like you are doing so well after coming off your fast. Congrats to you.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 14, 2007 02:57AM

Congrat's on beating the temptation to eat a grilled cheese!

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Date: May 14, 2007 03:48AM

Still day of the Big Battle

My dinner--big 'ole salad romaine, zucchini, red leaf, tomato, 1/2 avocado, few red onion slivers, handful of pine nuts, and even a few raisins. Tahini dressing. Extremely delicious and satisfying. (oh, and a lot of olives, sheeesh) Hey, I didn't eat the sandwich!

Date: May 14, 2007 05:36AM

Hey hun..yay you for beating the grilled cheese..and now youa re feeling great and light..not dull tired and greasy heavy belly!! yay you for doing so good and the longer you go the less you will think of it!! take care hun and congrats on a wonderful fabulous day!! you are doing amazing!! i hope you truly know that!!!!!! take carea nd think of us when you think you might battle with the cheese again smiling smiley we are always there in spirit to fight it off with you!!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 14, 2007 01:24PM

WTG, Elakti !!!!! You RAWK !!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 14, 2007 03:22PM

This morning...much nasal congestion, and a heavy feeling in bod. I feel the need for sleep. Must really try hard to go to sleep earlier as I think some cleansing is on the march.

Smoothie 2 bananas, gogi berries, coconut

Work today, leaving soon...like I'm going to camp, with all my food gear!

See ya all tonight at the 7 week raw forum!! smiling smiley smiling smiley
What a boost, what a motivation, good support and "in it togetherness"! I need this!

Date: May 14, 2007 09:13PM

Hey hun!! yay for packing some yummy foods for work smiling smiley way to go hun!! keep up the good work
see ya or talk to you rather tongiht haha
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 03:53AM

oh my, oh my, has detox come to town, or what! I didn't expect this so soon. Wow, am I laid low. I am so tired, tired, tired. My limbs feel so heavy it is hard to move sometimes. Mucousy face in the morn especially---nose, throat, post nasal drip. Swollen lymph nodes. Sometimes there is much heat in body (toxins), sometimes I get chills. Elimination is good (good!). Abdominal heaviness and pressure (lymph nodes in groin?).

I am so glad I only had 4 hours of work, I would not have made it any longer than that. I felt throughout the day like I was walking with the daze of a fever. I wasn't in pain, but it was an uncomfortable day and as soon as I finish at the computer I am going to bed. And I slept 8 hours last night. But, with this going on I need as much sleep as possible. I hope this doesn't go on long.

I want to go to Cilantro Live on Wednesday and eat a fun dinner and meet Earthangel!!!!!!

I am craving sweet juicy fruits, and water. and avocado. I want oranges, melons, papayas. (cleansing fruits, eee-gads!)

Did stop by People's after work, forced myself, as I HAD to get bananas and oranges. I bought 2 gaia melons, honeydew, cherimoyas, and other stuff.

Oh, had my first young coconut water...weird, interesting. I drank it while shopping and it picked me up for a short time. Will use the inside tomorrow in my smoothie.

On way to work in the bus, I felt so weird and so bad---so heavy and sludgy. The exact image was of a dirty sponge that this rawfood cleansing is gently squeezing. I automatically started visualizing beautiful blue-green-white-clear water inside my body flushing my poor tissues and organs. I am not into "visualization" , but this was spontaneous and it seemed to help. This heaviness I feel is intense. The water was kind of like a hot tub inside my body with all the jets going full speed, then water flowed like a waterfall, washing away the sludge.

It was kind of cool. I've got to get in bed, my body wants me out of the way, which is fine with me.

Elakti

Date: May 15, 2007 04:02AM

hey hun glad you had a wonderful day....hmm i think you are getting all the events confused...this wednesday was people's i think..the actual thing at cilantro is sunday smiling smiley and the raw foods meetup for the potluck is on friday...but i will meet with you at cilantro on wednesday if you want....
take care and get through this detox although i know what you mean...i have been raw since jan and all of a sudden it hit about an hour ago and i am dieing i think..i feel so sick and heavy and gross...it is the worst...
well take care i gotta hurry answer all these posts and lay down
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 04:23AM

Ooo I love that Image!!!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:24AM

i'm sorry you and sachelle are having the detox blues right now! but think of how great you'll feel when all those toxins are GONE from you for forever!!

congrats on fighting and winning against cooked food! raw food is always tastier and more satisfying anyway. cooked food is starting to look like that fake kiddie pretend food to me now, it's sort of amusing!

anway, i hope your detox hurries up and gets over with soon. it's no fun to feel so sick. but keep up all the good work, you are seriously doing so well and i'm glad you joined the 7 weeks raw thread!

Date: May 15, 2007 04:25AM

haha thanks meow!!!
oh elakti i think we should hang out at the beach this week one evening and chat lol..especially with both of us having horrible detox right now you know?
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 15, 2007 01:25PM

It's about 6 a.m., woke up 5:30! I planned to sleep much later!

I feel better this morn! Had to get up and pee an ocean, clean out ears with q-tip, do two separate "evacuations", oh and sneeze smiling smiley.

The dirty sponge is being squeezed!!!! And I'm down another 1/2 pound.

I quess I'll do a little dry skin brushing as Khale suggested.

And I want to try a hibiscus flower! I didn't know they were edible!

Oh, yeah, I feel so much more lifted up this morning. Yesterday was such a day! I felt like my legs were made of stone, feverish, etc, and those symptoms are not present. And my head feels so much clearer. Oh, yeah, this is going to be a trip and a half.

I've had an orange and banana already...am drinking my coffee.

I'm so glad Khale clarified a couple points, like extracurricular habits! I will address this later.

Right now I've got a lot to eliminate ...enough on my plate ... too much of the wrong stuff that was on my plate...smiling smiley

Good day everyone!

Date: May 15, 2007 02:00PM

Glad you are feeling better Elakti smiling smiley smiling smiley Keep on Keepin' on !!!! I love your visualization smiling smiley smiling smiley Hugs to ya !

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 15, 2007 03:18PM

Must post-script--

I feel GREAT!

I can imagine a conversation between my rommate and I when she gets home from out of town:

"You mean you wake up at 5:30 and post on the internet all your oozings and eliminations!?"

"Well, yes, everyone understands why I talk about it."

"Are you all fruity?"

"Well, some more than others..." heh heh

I feel better than I have felt for a long time! Isn't it amazing to see what the body does?

I may need reminding next time I have a day like yesterday! smiling smiley

Thanks for your support...and understanding about my TMI postings.

I will soon be heading out the door with my satchel of nourishing --and cleansing!--food. *E.

Date: May 15, 2007 05:06PM

LOLOLOL - you are so funny smiling smiley smiling smiley . I'm off to work myself smiling smiley Have a great day !!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Current Page: 2 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables