Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 6 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 31, 2007 06:13AM

hey there hun!! well good job today!! and yay for it finally being last day and now you get a break!! good for you!! enjoy it..and i am sure your little baby is excited!!!!

oh haha i thought you didn't cuz that is the typical natural hygienist..but that is cooll..i get nervous i tried using no shampoo and using lemon juice and all that and all it did was make me look funny..my hair was frizzy on the ends and funky on top..wasn't greasy but heavy looking not pretty and shiny haha..so use organic all natural vegan products but still use them haha..
well take care hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 31, 2007 03:27PM

Woke up earlier than usual to stretch out in bed and roll over and look for the little baby and stretch some more and cuddle and delight in the beginning minutes of THREE DAYS OFF! The little cutiepie knew she wouldn't have to growl at her mom today.

I had my coffee...am now having fresh apple juice. I have these cutie little red delicious apples and they fit so nicely in the juicer, whole. Good juice, I just love fresh apple juice.

In a couple hours a friend is coming over to take me shopping, so I can fill up water bottles and do my errands easily (wheels!). Much appreciated. I hope there are still blueberries. I am going to go to a regular market for melons, just cannot afford high organic price for those heavy things! I don't feel so bad about non organic melons.

I have lots of domestic chores. Housemate is coming home next week. I'm cleaning up a bit. Lots of outdoors/garden work to do. I have kale seedlings (I almost typed Khale, !) to plant, also, and some more flower seedling.

I have some borage seedlings too, and they are edible. The leaves are supposed to taste a little cucumbery, I'll see if I like. Little blue flowers, which is why I bought the seeds, on a rounded plant. I wanted for flower garden, then read they are edible. I'll taste and see.

I believe I want to fast. Perhaps have some fruit juice once inawhile today... that is already a done deal, as I am drinking apple juice now. I'll see how I feel.

Watching French Open. Love tennis. I rally love difficult things! Tennis is one of most skill intensive sports, russian is one of most difficult languages, and RAWFOODISM is another among "the most difficult"'s. Simple, but most difficult. Khale touched upon the reasons why in her post on 7-week, which was a very good post. We are on a path of multi level transformation.

Date: May 31, 2007 06:36PM

hey there..aww glad you were enjoying the first few minutes of the start of your 3 days off how amazing!!! i love that feeling although i don't get it often haha...but enjoy yourself..

henry's has GREAT prices on melons right now..watermelons a huge one for 2.97 each..and they are awesome (not the little ones the big guys!!!) and they have honeydew and cantelope for 2lbs for 1 dollar so not too bad!!!! but rancho's has some cantelope for 29 cents a pound too..so i don't know haha..but there is a few places with some good deals for ya!!
have a great day and enjoy yourself
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: June 01, 2007 02:56AM

Hurray for being off. Turn on some music and dance gal cause you got it. Let us know how fasting goes. i love fresh apple juice

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 01, 2007 03:37AM

ooooops, didn't fast today, Starfruit!

Apple juice, and ate a small apple.

small simple salad. Just lettuce and baby spinach. (all I had)

Went shopping after that! Spent 100.00. Oh, omg. I should've gone to Henry's, Earthangel. Yup. I'm going to try to get over there from now on.

Came home and ate the container of blueberries! I'd been craving them! Also ate a whole lot of grapes, and also ate a whole lot of cherries. Got woozie, and later had to eat some guac.---just one avo mushed with tomato chunks and a couple olives. So good! Later, a salad of red leaf, tomato, and red onion.

Just had another salad, same.

I will have more to eat, I know...so much for fasting today! May even have more salad, with red pepper. Appetite is strong. I want to watch "Starter Wife" as I think Messing is such a good comedic actress and I will have cherries and/or orange juice. Little one and I will get cozy. She will be conked out with sugar plums dancing in her head (she barks and carries on in her sleep, it's so funny) and I will EAT 'sugar cherries'. Wow, aren't they good?!

Ordered "80-10-10" by Graham and "I Only Eat Fruit" by Essie Honiball. I've been wanting to read that for some time. I ordered them both from a natural hygiene website. I only recently realised that Graham is aligned with Natural Hygiene, which made me want it. Simplicity and perfect sense of natural hygiene tenets are what attracts me most. It is "IT" for me. It just makes so much right good sense to me!

Did gardening. Planted. Trimmed, watered, etc. I am tired. But, I am going to watch tv. If it isn't good, I will go to sleep. At least, tomorrow is a day off and I can rest, nap, whatever.

g'night all
moi

Date: June 01, 2007 04:19AM

hey there awesome day today!! good job for you!! yes get to henry's they have amazing deals sometimes..and wednesdays you get both the upcoming weeks and last weeks sale so you really get it good haha!!!
and it just so happens i drop the little gal off to dance on wednesday and have a little while to shop!!!
well take care and let us know how the show is..have a great night
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 05:27PM

I went to sleep at 11:00 but slept 9 hours. I blew my nose frequently for the first couple hours this morning. I lost another pound, weigh 173. That makes a 13 pound loss. I sure feel the difference. I feel very relaxed.

What I am beginning to think about is letting go of the coffee. Sometime soon. That is something I can do. Soonish.

The frequent meals or snacking seem to be necessary at this stage. I have seen improvement in this though, as it relates to blood sugar, since the first and second weeks. If the snacks or meals are 'taste/desire' instigated, that too is something to be applauded right now. If I gleefully eat cherries just to eat cherries what an improvement over 4 candybars. I do not have a problem though, thankfully, of overeating. This food satisfies me so much and for the most part, I think I am usually eating out of desire for nutrition or for elements, like sweetness or fat. And it is ok. I'm one second of time into this process and I am doing very well.

What I can work on is the coffee. The desire to quit it is stirring inside.

Otherwise I am happy with my progress, my eating, my enjoyment of the food. I don not feel any discipline involved, any frustration, any regrets, and no big trouble with non-food cravings. I am not experiencing any shattering detox. It has been mostly slow and manageable, except for a couple of 24 hour periods of flu-like miserable feelings.

I am going forward, feeling good about it all. I do not want to try to change things too fast, prematurely. I would like to work on a couple things in my diet, but carefully, naturally. I trust it will happen naturally if I keep on the way I am doing it now. 100%. Good variety of fruits, greens. Have no desire lately for seeds or nuts, sometimes just a few...like, 2 or 3 tbsp satisfies me. I have 0 concern about avocados. The most I eat is 2 a day, and I also went 2 days without. Usually eat one daily. So what!

So I am ENJOYING these days in this transition.

I can remember one period from 'the first time' when I had been so beautifully raw for months and out of the blue I had intense bothersome cravings and was experiencing an incredible appetite. That was a hard time. I even tried making some raw food dessert recipes with carob and coconut butter, etc, ad nauseum (literally)...I would taste it and throw it away. Totally unconsumable for me. Bleeeech. So, if and when this happens again, I know I cannot indulge in non food or mombo akombo rawfood recipes. This time I will try serious mono eating of favorite fruits.

Another day off. Ahhhhhhhh. Doing laundry. May continue with all my gardening things to do. Watch tennis on tv. Read. Rest. Nap. I have lots of domestic houseworky things to do, but I am just not interested in pushing myself there today, heh! I will go sit on the cliffs for awhile and watch the ocean. I will sit and look at the flowers in my garden, read.

I feel so-ooo-oooo-ooooooo relaxed.

Date: June 01, 2007 05:52PM

hi there sounds like things are going well!! good for you realizing about coffee and what not!! keept up the good work.....every body is different and yours must not accept receipe foods but for some it works amazingly as long as they are eating raw..but that is an awesome thign to know and realize on your own body!!!
take care and have a good day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 01, 2007 08:00PM

Here I am again...sure is nice having use of computer. When my housemate comes back, I will still be able to use computer...just not as often as I do now. I sure wish I had a computer of my own. A couple years ago when I moved, someone stole my computer out of the truck it was packed in. The driver went back into the house for too long...I don't think I'll ever get another one. Well, we'll see. Do people ever sell old computers, what about the hard drive...or does that get changed out...I don't know much about them.

Anyway, I have full use now for awhile.

I ate a banana --- very tasty one. This is a nice batch. Also have eaten lots of cherries. And I have had half a small watermelon, which isn't very good. In fact, parts are pretty nasty. I will eat center of the other half and chuck the rest of it. Too bad.

I worked a little while in garden, transplanting seedlings. Nice day. I just feel like eating fruit right now.

This computer is acting up a bit. It took a while to come up, and the monitor just dimmed. I hope I get back on tonight!

Date: June 02, 2007 02:25AM

I continued to eat fruit, had some more cherries and now they are gone. Another banana snack later.

Around 5:30 I had a plate of baby spinach, a whole tomato, 1/4 red pepper, and several kalamata olives.

Then I got some gas, and a bit of a cramped abdomen and then a very substantial BM. That was terrific... I was surprised...I never "go" in the evening like that, and this was ...well, good to flush away from myself, heh! smiling smiley Cleansing.

In fact, I feel a little "activity" going on, a little cleansing.

I am full still from the salad a couple hours ago...not full, but satisfied. However! I know I will be eating soon again! But, it can't be fruit unless I wait much longer. I should go to bed. Feel tired, like my energy is drained. I do think body is working on something or another.

I'm craving orange juice. I must wait. I'm suddenly---just now! POW!---very thirsty.

Today was grey and cold here by ocean. Unlike sunny gorgeous yesterday. I took walks instead of working. smiling smiley

Date: June 02, 2007 05:28AM

Hey there hun..sorry your watermelon wasn't the best i had some yummy watermelon today!! it was great...1/2 of one actually haha..get them from henry's or vons had beautiful ones too!!!
ooh ralphs has cantelope right now 4 lbs for 1 dollar!! so you could probably get one for like 1.50 or 2 bucks!! that is awesome deal!! i am going to go and get some tomorrow....
in the morning i will be trying the galia melons..what did you say they taste like?? i have like 6 of them now haha yeah 6 of them...organic ones from whole foods..big juicy ones's it looks like!! i am excited..and some yummy other fruits...i also tried gaya melons soo yummy!!!
anyways hun..take care and have a great day!!!
when i move at the end of june i am giving away my computer..now forwarn you it is not a great thing..but with dsl it gives you isntant access to the internet...and you can type things up on it....it has everything youneed..i only use it to check my email and this site..but it has other things..it doesn't have a sound card so you can't listen to things on it..but it does burn cd's if you ever wanted to..and has itunes if you have an ipod you can download things on it...but anyways it is yours if you want it..it is the big monitor..the modem..the keyboard and mouse..so le me know!! you would have your own computer to check up on the site with...i can't haul it all the way back to indiana..so it is yours
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 02, 2007 12:07PM

Don't worry about not fasting. YOu have got to just listen to your body you know. What really helped my dad stop with coffee was having green smoothies every morning instead. They energized him just as much and he stopped wanting it. Maybe that would help. :-)

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 02, 2007 05:06PM

hey there i hope you check this...the family i work for just called to see if i can come sit with the little gal, the dad has to go up to a store in la area he works for (he's like district manager) and mom is out of town...so they need someone to stay with little gal..so i don't think i am going to make the 1pm lunch...i have had a trillion calls this morning about the room for rent since i am moving that i don't have the recent call from you on there so i can't call you...so i hope you check this and get it!!! i am sorry.maybe later..or tomorrow hopefully!!
let me know please..and feel free to call me ..i will save your number this time smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxooxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 02, 2007 08:15PM

Woke up after 8 hours of sleep, went to bed late though, after chasing EA down through her posting online and making phone calls and finally we got connected!

I watched a good movie last night, enjoyed it very much, "Proof" with G. Paltrow. She did a very good job acting. Really right on beautiful performance.

I've been up almost 5 hours. I have eaten a banana, had a glass of 2 squeezed oranges, a superb cherimoya, and a few grapes. I've worked a little in the garden. I planted 6 kale plants. Watered. This and that.

Soon will be time for a salad. Canteloupes are ripening, beginning to smell lovely...tomorrow one should be ready. Or not. I'm not opening any more melons prematurely, such a disappointment and waste!

Date: June 02, 2007 08:45PM

hey there your day sounds lovely..wish we would of got together..but work calls you know?/ right now the little gal is taking a nap after her lunch..so i thought i would jump on here and see what was going on and if everything was great with everyone!!
hmm kale plants how yummy!! enjoy that gardening and salad!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 02, 2007 11:12PM

Thanks, Angel! Yes, I understand about the work. We'll get together soon.

Worked more in the yard for a couple hours or so. Came in and ate 6 valencia oranges. Perfectly hit the spot!

Harvested some lettuces, cleaned, munched during. The reason some are surviving is because there isn't much sun. It was out today for a cameo performance. Short, dramatic, entertaining. Oh, on cue, it is showing itself again. I want relentless day after day sunshine. I want to complain about the heat. I want my foxgloves and delphiniums to go crazy. Oh, and the heirloom tomato plants!

I hope the books I ordered come soon. They're coming from Calif. so it shouldn't be long. I love new rawfood books!

Date: June 03, 2007 12:52AM

yay for a good day!! and yay for new books love it!!!
well take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 03, 2007 01:06AM

For some reason, I am whacked out tired, drained. I feel my energy slipping away. Maybe it is going again to the interior of my body. I feel like a sawdust doll.

Let's see. After the oranges.....oh I lay down for a short time, didn't fall asleep. Took walk with doggie. Just got back and opened the maradol papaya, which I didn't like. Perhaps over ripe. So, I sniffed and sniffed at the very large canteloupe, liked what I smelled, turned it over and over feeling and palpating, trying to tune into its ripeness meter. I went for it! Sliced it open...it is the most yummy delicious thing on earth...until I eat the other half. It was huge. What a flavor! Moan out loud delicious.

It is 6:00 and I feel like it is midnight. I am going to get in bed after I post on the other side. Wow, what is happening to me, I feel like I am disappearing into fog. So weak and sleepy. I think I need to get in bed. I felt good today, I really did. smiling smiley

Date: June 03, 2007 01:08AM

hey there..well asl ong as you feel good..if you need sleep you need sleep your body is healing and recharging..so if you are sleepy SLEEP silly!!
have a good night
sweet dreams
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 03, 2007 03:00AM

I love proof! I must play catherine some day must must. I love that part. If you saw Mary Louise Parker do it originaly on b-way you would have been ever more impressed but gwen is pretty good.Hope your feeling a bit better now.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: June 03, 2007 04:13AM

Hi Elakti. Just catching up on your journey and wanted to say you are doing great! I nknow it can be weird w/ the energy ups & downs, but you'll stabilize as you continue to stick with it.smiling smiley Best... Inaia

www.inaia.com

Date: June 03, 2007 05:01AM

hey there i know you are asleep..but a few raw foodies are meeting at cilantro's or rancho's can't reemmber which tomorrow around 6:30 7 if you want to come over!!!
let me know
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 03, 2007 03:06PM

Good morning--

I feel fine. I think my body was doing a little blood work yesterday evening. During day I had gashed my knuckle on this old metal completely rusted gardening tool. I didn't think anything of it, it got filled with dirt, and when I watered I just washed it. So in the evening when I got in bed so awfully tired I noticed my arm was a little blotchy and there seemed to be a thin pink line up arm. I thought, Uh Oh. The little wound didn't look unusual, just the usual inflammation. But arm was really hot and the other arm was just right (like porridge, heh). So I stayed awake longer than I wanted to so I could watch it. I didn't know if the pink line was a blood poisoning indication or what. It was then that I realised that tool is like pure rust.
Anyway, after awhile I knew I was ok, so went to sleep. I didn't have fever or feel bad...just thoroughly fatigued.
But, I think body was dealing with something. Good body!

This morning, Banana. It's only half eaten. Half a cherimoya that is literally filled with those bothersome seeds. I think from now on I am going to just get big ones. I usually go for smaller fruits and such, as they seem more tasty, but the cherimoyas are probably better when they are bigger and have more fruit around those blasted seeds! Am not too hungry yet.

Packed a salad, bananas. Will cut up other half of canteloupe and eat on the journey in to work. smiling smiley

I get off work at 2:45 (yay), so will not be able to go to the meet up, EA. It is just too darned inconvenient, time/transportation. If it were closeby, maybe. I usually don't like to do anything in evenings, especially when I have to work next day, I just like evenings at home. I am really a stay-at-home-stick-in-the-mud-recluse-hermit type. Not to sound so bad, I probably would do more if I had wheels, could just jump in car and go---and then be able to return home when I want.

Still weigh 173 (oh, I can't wait to go below 170) and need to get started on more exercise and muscle toning.

That's the morning news report.
Elakti

Date: June 03, 2007 07:10PM

hey there....sounds like you had a great rest of the evening last night..and you were all ready for work this morning....please watch that cut and line on your arm..it is a line of poison that you were seeing just make sure you keep an eye on it and it is okay!!! that is the poison inflaming your insides on the way up ...and a bad bad sign..doesn't usually show up unless serious..like a stingray sting that is left untreated..the poison will work it's way up the leg and infect it..i have seen people become amputated from it..
so please just be careful smiling smiley

well have a wonderful day at work..
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 04, 2007 02:27AM

yeah listen to our resident nurse! That would not be good. Otherwise sounds like you are doing well. Yeah i like to be a hermit sometimes too.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 04, 2007 02:39AM

Hi Earthangel---
Thanks for concern! I hope it's all right! I think so...I'm not sick, I don't have a fever, the lines are gone, the cut looks clean and not even pink. And I woke up feeling fine and had a good day, my energy is good. Whew! Yeah, that was not good. I can't believe I was so calm. I feel less calm now, heh!
All is well.

Food : 3 bananas, cherimoya, small salad (lettuce, tomato), 1/2 canteloupe, salad (lettuce, 1/2 tomato, red onion, avocado, 2 olives)

I will probably eat oranges later, or a champagne mango.

Date: June 04, 2007 02:44AM

yummy food good work

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 04, 2007 06:42AM

hey there..okay good..glad to hear it is doing well!! keep me updated cuz i am worried....oh hey if you want the computer you can have it anytime now...tomorrow or today if you would like!! let me know!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 04, 2007 11:42AM

It is 4:14 a.m.....and I am up...and here! Sheesh. Having coffee. I woke up and had to pee so badly! Ate 1/2 watermelon last night, you know how that is.
This one was a tad bit better than the other. I need a really good one.

When I woke up the first thing I did was to turn the light on so I could check my arm. I'm fine! Thank goodness. I'm going to tell my roomie to throw that thing away or only use with thick gloves. I'm so glad that the day it happened I was blissfully stupid about it, or I would have worried so much. I worried more after I found out it was so potentially dangerous! smiling smiley

I am all the more impressed with my body, at my age too, fighting off that blood poisoning. I know I would not have done so nicely if I had not been raw these weeks. Really, it is only a short time, but it gave me the strength to overcome that, I'm sure. I was such a toxic mess weeks ago. Don't you agree I can give credit to my few weeks' worth of rawfoods? I had rust blood poisoning! No wonder I was so wiped out that afternoon, by eve I could hardly keep eyes open, I felt like someone had pulled the plug on my 'computer' and systems were shutting off!

I find it amazing. In a few hours of sleep I went from hot arm with 1 and 1/2 blood poisoning lines up arm and red and purple gash to normal arm and clean gash, with no inflammation. And I didn't do anything, didn't even put anything on the gash (it's very small)---no coconut oil (I thought about it), no acv, no urine, no msm lotion, blaah blaah blaah...I thought, let it be, the body is self healing and needs no outside doctoring. The gash was small thankfully and I had been raw for short time thankfully and I was really naive and ignorant about the whole thing, thankfully. I don't have any insurance, etc, and I know now, hindsight, that it would have really messed me up to sit in emergency for 10 hours all nervous and probably have tetanus shot.

So----WHEW!

I am not sure what to do now...I should meditate.
I am sleepy.
I have a lot of work to do today.

Earthangel Super about your new computer! Very cool, and what a nice guy. That is so exciting. I will call you...I don't know when it would be a good time to get the computer, so we can talk about it. Neat.

I think you are probably right about Meow's headache, poor girl. It could very well be related to the fender bender. I hope she is fine this morning.

I've had an orange already.

Date: June 05, 2007 01:05AM

hey there hun..wow that is awesome about your arm i am glad it looks bettere!! keep watching it..and take care...you sound like you had a great night...keep it up!!
and call me about the computer when you get a chance!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Current Page: 6 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables