Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 8 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 14, 2007 09:03AM

hey there good for you!! keep up the good work
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Monark ()
Date: June 14, 2007 03:41PM

Hiya Elakti !!

I was amazed, too - when I plugged the foods I was eating into nutridiary, to discover that I was consuming about 45% of my calories from fat !! My new plan drops that down to 25%, which I am comfortable with smiling smiley smiling smiley Those seeds and nuts, and almond butter all add up !! smiling smiley smiling smiley

Hugs to ya !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 14, 2007 11:20PM

This morning I ate watermelon. Visited my mother and took watermelon and blueberries, raspberries, banana. She didn't care too much for berriesf but wolfed down the watermelon and banana. Her lunch was not good (she is in rest home) and she didn't eat any of it. She just kept eating the watermelon.

I ate some with her. That is all I have had, and am still thinking of fasting, so I may not eat anymore today. Oh, but I have had orange juice.

Last night I had a few bites of salad, with lettuce and tomato and few bits cucumber....and I took about 1/4 avocado and spread it over...but couldn't taste it! I've decided it is better to forego avocado for a couple days and then enjoy a half or whole one! I drank lots of orange juice last night...probably 10 total. Sublime taste. I have the ones from friend's tree which are delicious. So are the ones I get from the co-op which are grown a little north of here...very hot. I think they are happy trees. I decided if I had to choose one fruit I could never do without it would have to be valencia oranges.

I was thirsty, same as night before. Starting in eve I can feel all the 'work' being done in colon, and in the morning there have been MASSIVE eliminations. The increase of fruit! And in the eve when all this work is being done, despite all the fruit, I am thirsty for water! Very busy!

Still sleeping 8.5 to 9.5 hours. One night I only got about 5.5 (coffee in afternoon) and I did not feel half as well as usual. The good sleep is such an important key for me right now.

Yesterday I weighed 170! That's 16 pounds. I can't wait to get down to 150, 145. Get rid of excess fat! I want to then really be happy about working on improving and improving my way of life.

I am starting over with the book, I am just simply going to read it again! Now, this is a favorite book!

Date: June 15, 2007 05:50AM

That's wonderful, Elakti !!! You just keep getting better and better smiling smiley smiling smiley

Hugs to ya !

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 15, 2007 08:19AM

hey elakti you still want the computer?? i am moving this week don't forget smiling smiley let me know if you are able to come and get it!!
thanks
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 15, 2007 08:45PM

Hi Earthangel---I will have to ask my friend if she can help me out with that, or lose the computer....I will call you.
You know, you mentioned fruit....that is a LARGE part of 811! LOTS of fruit..the 80% of daily calories is from fruit!

I am fasting....with occasional orange juice. I am suddenly quite hungry though since I've been on the forum and reading a bit here and there. Maybe I will continue, maybe not!

I also feel very depressed now, as I admitted my horrid smoking habit. I was going to write about it in this journal, and then the subject actually came up in the 7 day forum, so it was a good time to fess up. I still need to write about it in this journal, but don't feel like it now. I am really hoping to overcome it soon. Live a healthful life....eat 8-1-1, not drink coffee, not smoke cigarettes.

This habit has been a nightmare to me for years.

Now I want to eat! smiling smiley

Date: June 16, 2007 12:57AM

I went swimming today! It felt so good. I sat in sun also, went swimming...for quite awhile, diving, swimming laps, splashing, exercising, having fun. When I got out....hungry! I drank some watermelon juice.

No more juices even the rest of day! And tomorrow I may try just water and resting since I am supposed to be fasting! smiling smiley

Somebody posted after me on the 7 week...made me feel better. I was a little depressed for a few minutes...then, well, I reviewed quickly my history with this that and the other and all my major efforts to improve my lifestyle and get over my bad habits and addictions: I am doing real well. Very well. Right in front of me here and now is to keep at the 811 diet, get very settled in it for several months, and in meantime some time SOON get off coffee...and I think I will have a better chance at handling the smoking. I need a foundation of a goodly amt of time on the RIGHT 100% raw diet...and I can begin again. If I can't do it the first time, the important vital thing will be to not change any eating habits, just continue smoking, until such time as I have success stopping smoking without going back to bad diet, which is HELL for me. I feel hopeful that this diet is the right physiological foundation for success. The mental emotional I will work on, also. I have such a drive really to be healthy and without addictions. It has been a long struggle and still is.

When I quit the last time very recently, for 12 days, I went off raw (which I'd only been back to for a couple months) and gained 12 pounds in those 11 days.

I must get in bed and rest now. I am rereading 811. Also am back to studying russian. Now THAT is a challenge! smiling smiley!!!

Date: June 16, 2007 06:00AM

hey there hun...i saw that you called and heard your voicemail..i called you back but you didn't answer...let me know what is going on hun...hopefully it will work out.....hmm what do you mean imentioned fruti?? i am confused haha
take care and have a good day..hope things are going well..you are doing soo good though!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 16, 2007 06:56PM

Earthangel---you mentioned that the 8-1-1 interests you but you are more interested in fruitarianism, but you can hardly get closer to fruitarianism than 811, unless you forego the small amt of greens and overt fats. And you love greens and fruit! This would be perfect for you (and everyone, I think)!

The main thing for most people eating a rawfood diet already is the increase in fruit and the decrease (by quite a bit) in overt fats....like my beloved avocados!

Before my Very Close to a Fast Fast (I've had orange juice and watermelon juice periodically the past 2 days...but no chewing, no eating) I had cut down, way back, on the avos. The last time I had avo, I literally can't remember it because I put so little in my salad I couldn't taste it, heh heh!!!!

I feel very good, lots energy. 3rd day. Water and rest. And I am not resting. I took nice longish walk with Masha and then scrubbed kitchen floor on hands and knees then starting in on toodling in the garden and got an idea for a bigger project and had to halt myself...I am supposed to be fasting and resting. Here I am at computer. Tomorrow I will have a good long session on computer as my housemate going away for a couple days. I will catch up.

I want some water, I really need to rest whether I want to or not. I feel like running. I'll watch tennis on tv.

Oh, saw a pizza hut commercial last night and I actually indulged in the memory which was very clear the smell the sight the taste. I knew I was safe to do so, it was not going to happen. It passed. I remembered fruit. I reread the testimonials at end of 811 book....they are goooood. Very good for tuning back in.

Now am thinking of the sapotes ripening on my counter. That is food. I haven't had one for a long time, I hope I like them. I don't think they're my favorite. Should have bought cherimoyas instead. Or also.

Weigh 168, but that will go back up when I eat those sapotes and more.

Date: June 17, 2007 09:10AM

Hey there oh i see ...well i am interested in the 811 ..but do like fruitarianism more..yes i do love greens and fruits...and i don't like any fats at all..so the 811 doesn' work for me in the same way...and i don't like to eat veggies and fruits...i either eat more fruit or more veggies for the day...
if i was going to consume mostly fruit iw ould want to eat all fruit..no veggies...cuz it is clean and healthy..i like it more then adding some greens and fats in there...but thank you huN!!
glad your weight is down and you are doing well..keep up the good work...you didn't call me back or mention it so i am assuming you aren't interested in the computer anymore??
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 17, 2007 08:06PM

It is beautifully sunny! The parrots were overhead this morning early and sqwawking loudly. What an alarming clock!

My housemate flew out of town for a couple days....have spent some time on computer, catching up.

I ate! I had a bowl of strawberries...luscious organic (won't eat inorganic strawberries, too scary) sweet juicy strawberries with a few leftover raspberries. So delicious.

A couple hours later, I had 2 ripe ripe delicious sapotes (prefer cherimoyas tho). Slippery, so moist, melt in your mouth...when it finally got there...what a mess I made! Slippery! I enjoyed them very much. Green fruit, looked sort of like avocado in the bowl and on the table and all over my hands and on the floor and I think on my nose. Everywhere sapote. Now the seeds are in my garden. One sprouted last year and grew into a little tiny tree, but didn't survive when it got cooler. It looked so strong, with a little "trunk". I had plans for a swing.

I'm going outside soon, and will probably swim, and then eat watermelon . Out of the water into the watermelon and sunshine!

I've had a small pain in right side, which I've had before. Before going raw this last time, it was persistent and chronic for a couple weeks, and somewhat intense. I had been eating very (very) badly (for example, pizza pizza pizza) and I had to stop eating, as that would exacerbate the pain. I had to do a fast at that time, of about 5 days, and the pain disappeared. I have had a touch of this problem, don't know what it is, recently, including now. Minor, nothing like previous. Which organ? What? Don't know. Someone told me maybe the valve from stomach to wherever (duodenum?). Maybe spleenish, oh, who knows, what difference does it make? I will just eat my good diet and let my body take care of itself.
It has improved from not eating past 3 days.

Am periodically craving pizza...seeing a commercial is not pleasant...and anything bready and cheesy. Very prominent in mind....bread, cheese, enchiladas, pizza...goopy oily saucy gluey sticky flour and etc. I don't like having this. Amazing, I am not craving chocolate and sweets....the fruit is so good, but I ate quantities of refined toxic sweets. It is the grilled cheese sandwich/pizza/toast haunting. Ughhhhhh. Go away. Maybe it will a bit when I get some more food in me. But I know, from past experience, there will be a lot of cravings to overcome, to barrel through, to just grit and knuckle through. I have a lot of excess weight to release, lots more heavy cellulite ridden excess blubber....full of pizza and grilled cheese and subway sandwiches full of mayo, etc etc. Not so fun on the way out, ha.

sigh

Headed outside now! Swim! Read by pool. Watermelon. And....shall I have a bit of salad? Yeah, I think all right. I will chew it to smithereens. I only went 3 days without eating. A simple chewed to smithereens salad, after watermelon after gleeful splashing. Acccchhhh, no dressing! No more berries. Oh, I have mangos, I'll think of something. I need to Dribble something on a salad!

Date: June 18, 2007 03:47AM

Well, I had a grand time in the pool! I ate some watermelon before swimming and finished it afterwards---1/2 medium-big watermelon. Luscious luscious.

Soon after, I made banana "milk"...3 bananas, 6 honey dates, and about 2 cups water, vitmixed to milky consistency...unbelievably delicious and satisfying and very filling to the tune of 2 large glasses. I swished around in mouth for good digestion. Utterly delish. I was so full that I made a note of time (2:50) to see how long it would take for me to want to eat again.

At 5:45 I was thinking myself hungry and I had a sapote, a champagne mango, and 2 honey dates. My favorite dates...so moist and sweet.

Now, 8:35 and I just finished salad. Ate a handful of grapes a few minutes before the salad. Made bed of baby spinach, covered with tomato slices and added 1/3 of small avocado (wow, I'm amazing myself!). Made dribbling dressing of blended cucumber (1/2), a piece of tomatillo. It was all okay. The spinach didn't taste the best (wasn't from People's, but it was organic in a bag, but a bit bitter).

I feel great. Wonderful day. Wonderful food. Wonderful energy and mood. I must've been close to 811.
Enjoyed all that fruit today.

I would like to eat earlier in evening. This is too late.

Slight feeling of that slight pain in side. Just a whisper of it.

Date: June 18, 2007 08:12AM

hey there you are doing so well with the 811 keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 18, 2007 05:54PM

I feel so wonderful again today! smiling smiley)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I went to People's at 8 a.m., busting the door down to get my shopping...3 bags of fruit fruit fruit and a green leaf lettuce. I inquired about boxes...box of about 40 pounds of oranges about 19.00. That is do-able, but I didn't get one yet, as my friend may give me more from her tree. The bananas...I am not at that level of bananas yet! 40 lbs for about 25.00. Too many all ripening at once!

I got one cherimoya, a big ole thing, cost me almost 5.00. I bought 17.00 worth of cherries! omg Worth it. I ate about 1/2 lb waiting for the cab. I had tried inorganic from a couple other places like Henry's. Those cherries were imposters. Cheap imposters! Not worth it!

Got Valencias, some navel oranges that are supposed to be the sweetest, and some blood oranges. Got also 3 types of bananas...some finger bananas and some red bananas. I tried one each when I got home. I like the red ones.

Got mangos, plums, sapotes, tomatoes, and more.

Talking to one of the nice Produce People (who recommended the navel oranges. I had one when I got home. I still prefer by far the Valencias) he also recommended a Fuerte avocado which are "like Butter" !!!!! I said, "sounds good to me!smiling smiley" but thought, 'don't you know I am doing 8-1-1??!!?? (who doesn't know?). I bought two. smiling smiley

What else? Anyway, 75.00 worth. Apricots. Everything fruit except for lettuce. I had celery and avos and grapes and some other stuff at home already.
But, I was getting very low on juicey fruits...no oranges! So I had to go. I debated....thought I might go to Apple Tree and get inorganic, but canceled the thought. As soon as R's car is working we will go get melons. Those I have to buy inorganic but it isn't scary. They're tough buggers...oh, wrong expression. I don't think they are too harassed by bugs.

I feel so good. And this morning the parrots were at end of alley on the wires and on a big palm tree. I threw some banana pieces around. I should have left the banana by tree, so they might recognize that as food. They do fine by themselves. But I think they would've liked a banana.

Sun is out bright and warm. Another pool day, yippppeeeee.

I am a Pisces and LOVE the water. I don't even mind doing dishes. (but nothing else)

Even the people I know at People's noticed a difference in me. smiling smiley And I notice that I don't exactly gasp and shudder when I see my face without any mascara and blush and lipstick. On parts of my body, though, like arms and legs, there are little bumps, sand-papery.
I think they are tiny pizzas. LOL LOL LOL Really, though. smiling smiley

So, thus far today:

3 bananas
1/2 lb cherries
navel orange
grapes (few)
finger banana
red banana

I feel like flying out of my skin.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: June 18, 2007 06:12PM

I enjoyed reading your diary. Thanks......Its encourageing for me to read other peoples stories.
Thanks
pam

Date: June 19, 2007 03:41AM

Hi Pampam, thanks for popping in. smiling smiley

After swimming (it was great) I had a bowl of about 1/3 or more strawberries and a few cherries and glass of banana milk (2 finger bananas, 3 honey dates, water).

3:00 4 tomatoes (eaten like apples, I enjoyed them very much) (2 were from a plant outside...so warm from sun, so I put the refrigerated ones in sun for a bit) (I don't like refrigerator cold food)
2 sticks celery, 3 apricots, finger banana. The banana I was going to try to give to the parrots who were in the tree here, but it didn't work out so I ate it myself. I liked this one! Somehow it tasted real good after the tomatoes and apricots. I felt real good after this meal. I wasn't sure about the banana, but it hadn't been planned---and digestion was just fine.

snack later another tomato

blood orange (strange) and Valencia (wonderful)

I made a little salad, but I don't really want it. In a bit of quandry about dressing. I made a little dressing from tablespoon of tahini, orange juice, water, tomatillo (I've hardly had any overt fats!!). But I also didn't want that. I think I am not that hungry and it is getting late. (8:30)

I will probably have some cherries or a champagne mango which is quite ripe and should be eaten.

Work tomorrow. Ah, heck. I may go swimming when I get home. The pool is so nice now.

When I walked Maggie I jogged (ha!) a little. I need to exercise! I can feel the benefit from 2 days of swimming. I need to step it up. I feel more like moving and stretching since eating mostly fruit.

I've hardly eaten any overt fat since getting the book. I have ripe avocados in fridge. One has gone bad. Oh my. I will take avocado to work tomorrow with salad. I deserve one now. I wanted to just eat fruit. I really see a difference in my energy. I wanted to clear bloodstream of fat. It has been about 10 days, hardly any overt fat. Not one olive. Hardly any avocado. The 3 day fast. Ok, tomorrow I am re-introducing some overt fat ---small amt---. I've decided though that I would rather go a couple days or so sans avocado and then have a whole one.

I feel I am doing real well with this. There is a freedom in it. I think it is the no holds bar on the fruit. I finally released any doubt or any conditioning I still had influencing me. Even tho I was convinced that fruit is our primary biologically designed food! Something has been released in me, like a spring. I'm free to eat tomatoes one after the other like apples. I'm free to sit down to a bowl of 1/2 lb strawberries or eat mangoes until I am full, cherries til I am full. It is curious to me. There is the freedom because I feel so SURE now and I KNOW it.

Now to carry on....persevere....keep on track....

Posted by: green gal ()
Date: June 19, 2007 06:25AM

Hey
Congratulations!
Yes. I remember the first time I REALIZED that the raw vegan way felt just so right. I was sitting over a pile of fresh plump red grapes, using my fingertips and teeth and lips to bite into the skin and get past the seeds and eat that nourishing fruit. And I looked up at my friend (who was plowing through an entire baby watermelon) and I just squealed. I said "AHAAA! This is IT!! THis is the most perfect food for my body to manipulate and eat and get nourishment from!" And I did a little dance then and there. And he smiled (having been raw for much longer than I) and returned to savaging his melon. It was a fabulous moment. If we can just keep cultivating these little joyful "aha" moments every single day, all of us will have incredible success.
yes carry on friend!

Date: June 19, 2007 08:31AM

hey there oooh sounds like you had a great trip to people's good for you!!!! hey you aren't supposed to refrigerate tomatoes are you?? that is what i was always taught and read when i looked it up?? that is a good thing since then you won't have to warm them up right???
i want you to have the computer...so maybe tomorrow after work i will make my way over there...or maybe wednesday....what time do you get off work?? i get off around 6 and could be in OB around 6:45....i could bring the computer to you like 7ish tomorrow night...i don't know if that will work or not..if not wednesday morning i can bring it over..like 11 am..or 1030 hahaha whatever works..before my mom gets in town....But i want you to get it and hopefully you can use it and like it!!!
let me know if you are available tomorrow night or wednesday morning...i will try to pack the computer in my car tomorrow before work..so that way i can drop it off to you!!!
call my cell and leave a message...i will be working all day so i might not be able to answer..but i will call you back..if you have a work number please leave it..i only have your home number..
well take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 19, 2007 03:19PM

Aiiiiii, Earthangel, I hope you aren't mad at me about the computer situation. I will call you and explain!

Greengal....yeah, there are challenges, but the AH HA! moments keep occurring too!!! At the beginning when I first discovered idea of rawfoods...what an exploding light bulb! And, lately, eating much more fruit and less fat, more AH HA's----it is a whole new renewal, I mean it. Thanks for posting. smiling smiley

Ea--yeah, I think you're right. Why are they even in the refrigerator??? Out they come! I can't wait for our tomato plants to really start producing.

Work today.

2 Valencias this morning. Weight, after adjustment from fast and maybe not enough exercise (!), is back to 169. Well, I am with the 60's now! Yahoo!

Am taking cherries, 4 bananas, grapes to work. Also lettuce and tomato and avocado.

Date: June 20, 2007 12:37AM

Could NOT eat the salad sans goupy dressing. Had no dressing but one avocado and I just wanted to enjoy that all by itself. smiling smiley Nibbled on salad. Green leaf lettuce...didn't enjoy. Romaine would've been better.

Had bananas and cherries and strawberries today. Plan on pigging out on Valencia oranges however many that is...probably 4 or 5. And there is a champagne (ataulfo) mango so ready to be eaten; also, some Kiwis! OK, sounds like din-din.

Work was horrid..so boring...transportation was so drawn out long...I felt like I need to detox from this job! Must work on this. It is so unsatisfactory, puts a blight on my good feelings, heh. Really, gotta do something about it. Change it!

Can't linger. Ta Ta
Elakti

Date: June 20, 2007 10:24AM

hey there don't worry it's fine..just thought i would offer cuz it sounded like you were wanted me to bring it to you...due to the car situation!!!
take care and have a great day!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 21, 2007 01:47AM

Last nite, had sm. portion salad w/ dressing of 2 tsps (only) tahini, oj, water. 3 olives (ooops) and one walnut (ooops)---such tiny amts tho'!

I had a dream about potatoes and toast and butter. The butter was poured melted over the toast. Unbeliebable. I pigged out. I was so aghast, then dreamt it was a dream. Woke up and was so confused, did I dream that I dreamt it, did I really do that? I was relieved to realise my only overt fat was what is listed above.

10-1/2 hours sleep! Woke up feeling so wonderful.
Massive cleansing BM.

B/f: large cherimoya perfectly ripe (cost me 5.79)
9:00 1/2 cucumber & celery stick
10:45 banana

Skin is so dry, arms & legs. Legs esp. dry and sort of scaly dandruff like. I think it is a part of detox, old food waste, old cell waste. Maybe.
Very thirsty today. Will continue with fruit intake and water as signaled.

1:00 4 plums, apple banana, banana, strawberry

3:30 5 strawberries, banana
6:00 2 stalks celery, inner leaves of romaine, tomato, 1/2 fuerte (butter avocado!) (butter?!) & ...ooops....6 olives. Well, I think that my overt fat intake will balance out at week's end. Besides, even if I don't do 10% at first, I am still so much improved
It was a satisfying dinner.

will probably have fruit in a couple hours or so. if I'm awake.

Date: June 21, 2007 03:39PM

ataulfo mango
papaya
banana

an entire colon's worth of elimination, looked like smiling smiley w/ good form, for a change.

Last nite I finished all my cherries. Also had an orange.

Must change jobs. Off to work. Ugh. Not a happy camper, but my fruit is packed for the day camp.

elakti

Date: June 22, 2007 02:48AM

Not sure if I can remember my food for the day

papaya
and banana

10:30 in mall, bought a salad at Subway...was hungry for one...lettuce and tomato and cucumber with dab of avocado as dressing. Mostly unadorned lettuce and, oh yeah, baby spinach.

plums at breaktime, w/ banana

at trolley, coming home, ate 2 sticks celery, tomato, and 3 sun dried olives

home---1/2 watermelon

Date: June 22, 2007 10:46PM

strawberries, banana, kiwi chopped up in bowl. Delicious ripe organic strawberries ...well, it is almost always all organic.

banana milk (3, with 3 dates)
strawberries again
papaya (very tasty, so ripe)

salad after rigorous swimming and diving and splashing
green leaf, 1.5 tomatoes, celery rib, some yellow bell pepper, 1/2 fuerte avo (delicious) 1 measley little walnut and 2 tiny smiling smiley sun dried olives. Felt sort of WiLD! Made tahini dressing! Ohmyohmy. It is ok, I will have days like this, some will be better than others...still in process. 80-10-10 is a GOAL. One of gals who has testimonial in book writes that she did 20 fat, not considering the covert fat, for about 6 months---and figured she couldn't have done less during that first 6 months even if she had understood it. I am doing better than before. Fruit intake much increased, fat is decreased. Today's salad was delicious. Will try not to have any more overt fat today. I have watermelon (had one yesterday).

Date: June 23, 2007 06:46AM

hey glad you have had a great day!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 26, 2007 02:24AM

Quick update...nothing to update particularly. I am eating pretty much the same. Went shopping this afternoon for more fruit and some celery and lettuces. Also bought some olives (kalamata) and some inexpensive avocados. I let an avocado or two go bad since I had so many and am newly trying to cut back.

Still on road to 80-10-10. Not there yet, think it will take a while. After having cut out all the cooked and the junk etcetera, it is a little difficult to cut way back suddenly on fat. But, I am definitely doing a lot better, since my goal is such and also since becoming so aware of how much fat I was unknowingly eating. However, I still have to "dress up" my salad...that is a hard thing to let go of, I've discovered. But, I have also much increased the fruit intake. I am fearless now, LOL.

It IS a funny thing, peculiar...that even though I was so intellectually convinced that fruit is our main natural food, there was still a sort of subconscious holding back on fruit consumption. Strange. All the old conditionings of "so much sugar", hypoglycemia, candida, blaaah blaaaah blaaaah....and, that, finally, after reading Graham's book....liberation! Sure! Fruit is our Food! Fruit is MEAL after MEAL, eat fruit to satiety! It really is a peculiar phenomenon. Exciting and fun and liberating. I am noticing though that I have periods of fat cravings. Evenso, I usually don't consume as much as I used to. Although a couple times I did have a field day salad...I love these goopy salads with lots dressing and olives. NOw if I do use a lot of tahini dressing, I do NOT have avocado with!!!

I will work on reducing and cleaning up my diet further...gradually, as comfortable.

Got more cherries today...they are scrumptious delicious adorable.

Mangos (kent and ataulfo), canteloupes, plums, apricots, watermelon (have been eating a lot lately!), bananas. I have oranges from a friend's tree. Out of this world delicious, omg.

Bought a head lettuce as well as romaine. I like it. I like the texture, the crunchiness and I like and enjoy the soft flavor.

I have been enjoying celery more and more, just eating the stalks by themselves, after fruit. It tastes so much better after fruit, I just love the counterbalance of it.

Been working day after day....soon 3 days off and I will be in pool A LOT. smiling smiley

Had a couple days after less sleep than usual...it was ghastly awful. I need that deep long wonderful sleep.

Elimination still great. A little detox one day, but mostly have been feeling very very well. Still 100% raw. The "other" food is starting to look strange to me, when I see it. Luckily, I am not around it too much. But at work and in the mall people are always walking around eating stuff out of paper which looks weird in itself. smiling smiley

Date: June 26, 2007 06:30AM

hey there hun...sounds like all is well in your little side of town...keep up the good work...that is funny how you see cooked food as strange and weird to you...i don't....i don't ....it still smells wonderful to me and looks beautiful...and i still LOVE to cook ahha....but i don't....but i miss it...and it's not the same as preparing raw foods you don't get that magic of the oven haha...oh well.....well keep up your good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 28, 2007 10:02PM

Finally at computer again, but not for long. Quick update. All is well. Beautiful gorgeous day, I've been sitting outside studying Russian. Have eaten bananas, blueberries, and later a canteloupe and must wait awhile now. I think I need to go swimming right away, it is already nearly 3! Afterwards....WATERMELON!!!!! Later, a salad with head lettuce (that 'ole iceberg lettuce that I am so into lately!) and romaine....or maybe I will make wraps. I have yellow crookneck squash in garden and I think I'll dice some up for the wraps.

My food has been pretty much the same. Enjoying it just as much.

Some food looks 'peculiar', but I certainly remember the tastes... could pig out in a second on the nastiest of foods...pizza etc. Anything cheesy or bready. Sometimes, I fantasize.... It is at this time that I want a salad with olives and goopy dressing. TV commercials can be very bothersome to me!
It always helps to have some favorites on hand, like cherries. Fill my stomach with fruit. Or the big goopy salad.

Yes, wraps. A little yellow crookneck squash, tomato, celery, olives...with a squiggle of tahini dressing. Sounds good.

The only thing I've been doing differently is eating salad more mid day and then continuing and finishing with fruit. Altho' that even is not a pattern regularly. Anyway, enjoying my food! smiling smiley Still all raw. smiling smiley

Still drinking coffee.
Avocados not so frequent! I may have one today. Have eaten a few walnuts once in awhile, like maybe twice a week. Just a few (like maybe 3 walnuts) is all I need. What I can get carried away with is olives.

The pool is calling. And I am looking forward to the watermelon!

Date: June 29, 2007 04:49PM

Sounds like you are doing great !!! My plan has kind of settled in to having a fruit salad with walnuts for breakfast - then a green juice after my workouts - a piece of fruit then salad for the next 2 meals - then banana ice cream with pineapple and walnuts for my last meal - although I've discovered that I can run frozen strawberries through the juicer right after I run the bananas through and have a lovely strawberry topping for my ice cream LOL smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley . So I am incorporating some of the 80-10-10 into my system - but adjusting it to what feels right for me smiling smiley smiling smiley .

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Current Page: 8 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables