Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 12 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 11, 2008 05:39PM

Delicious smoothie: banana, apricots, yellow declicious apple.
Am eating prunes.

Taking lemon water to work, as yesterday. Just a little squeeze of lemon in the water bottle. Made a salad for breaktime, and will get another salad today from restaurant. I get a small, not a bad price, and it is big enough for me. In fact, I usually cannot finish and sometimes finish at afternoon break.

I don't feel very energetic today, a little heavy and sweaty. Sleepy. I want a cappucino. I have to remind myself that I am going through this transition adjustment detoxification so I can feel good, real energy and much improved health. (and sans caffeine)

Onward! Persevere!

Will shop---with restraint---at People's on Thursday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: June 11, 2008 10:26PM

Elakti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Onward! Persevere!
>
> Will shop---with restraint---at People's on
> Thursday.

LOL...I love the "with restraint" emphasis! I can laugh because I thoroughly understand, and I so relish the occasions when I can go "crazy" and get exactly what I want without having to quibble over dollars here and there...

You go, girl...keep on keeping on!

I DO really like the sunflower sprouts; the first taste was so-soish, but every bite after that was quite enjoyable!

I've never been good with humidity, but I was feeling a touch of despair at the fact that it's not even summer yet and we got hit by this madness (yes,am in NY) and I hope this isn't any indication of what the next few months will be like... on some days when the humidity is very high I literally can't leave the house!

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately...

Head on over to my place to find out more!winking smiley

Have a great night!

Date: June 12, 2008 05:55PM

Fabulous day to you, Elakti!

Hope that you feel more energetic today, that all is well in your world, and that you were able to stock up on your goodies!

Date: June 13, 2008 12:49AM

Much better energy last couple days, and today even though less sleep than usual. A little sleepy, must confess I got through with cappucinos.

More comments from people about my weight loss and better 'more awake' (heh) appearance.

bananas, salad, prunes
psyllium/bentonite/herbs

intermittent discomfort on right side

Two days off now, hallelujah!

Thanks, Soraya, so glad to 'see you' here! Will post more tomorrow. Stay cool and dry.

Date: June 13, 2008 04:18PM

Well, I'm in Camp Overhaul with Soraya and Sundancer. This may help me a lot, spur me to structure (which I always benefit from) and comraderie. There is so much in my life that needs revamping, needs a camp itinerary, needs DOING. Slow and steady, not to overwhelm. At least, formulate in mind clearly what my goals are for a better healthier calmer lifestyle. Keyword for me is BALANCE and doing what I NEED for serenity and health~~~~mostly, daily meditation, and acceptance of what is NOW without bother from past and worry about future.

Psyllium/bentonite shake this a.m. Soon, smoothie of banana, mango, romaine.
At 11:00 leave for colonic at 1:00/will shop at Ralph's for a few things (carrots for juicing). (go to People's tomorrow morning) Stop at Home Depot for another basil plant and maybe a six-pack of pansies or whatever.

Stable at 184. Feel much better. Should feel even better after colonic, I'll see what this one 'reveals'. I definitely need to incorporate yoga into my lifestyle. Ahhh, discipline. I don't have the money or the transportation to go back to class. I did take Bikram classes for awhile. I have a CD of Bikram's class...the audio of the dialogue and comments. It's great. Just gotta do it. sigh. Discipline is not my strong suit. I'm hoping with increased health, I will begin to taste more discipline...discover it!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 13, 2008 06:55PM

Ahhh, discipline! It's a tough one. I'm checking in for Camp Self Care Overhaul: Had detox tea while online earlier, then the little one woke up. We stopped at the co-op on the way to preschool for breakfast. She had a half of a tomato, then an organic croissant, which I'm proud to say I didn't touch. I had a banana at 10:00, and the other half of the tomato at 11ish. Went to $1 yoga smiling smiley sponsored by our wonderful co-op at noon, then had lunch with the hubby at 1. I had a salad, then at 2:00 I treated myself to a raw spirulicious soup at the vegan restaurant. I'm breaking myself in with lots of self spoiling, but in a good way! I'm addicted to restaurants, but we've been pretty broke. I got paid yesterday, so today was my big splurge for myself. Oh yeah, I did oil pulling for my mouth too. I had never done it. I did have one half cup of black, organic coffee this am because I had a headache and figured it was better than aspirin. So I have to go to work soon but am bringing 1/2 avo and some sprouts to add to my salad. Then the fast. So, ladies, that's it for me. Oh yeah, I walked downtown instead of driving. It's a beautiful day today in Mass.
Peace!
Sundancer

Date: June 13, 2008 10:22PM

Discipline ahs been rocky at times for me too. But I figured, now; if I can be this disciplined when it comes to totally overhauling my diet and sticking to it despite some of the flack I've received, then I can apply that to some other aspects of my life as well, eh?

Elakti, I love video tapes/DVDs of classes, and I've actually recorded some exercise segments from TV (ie the bellydance one I mentioned earlier in my blog) to keep working on when I rotate my routines - a great money-saver!

Sundancer, sounds like a great day so far, and way to go...$1 yoga class, how wonderful!

Date: June 14, 2008 04:06AM

Painfully tired. Don't know why exactly. Colonic was good, but seemed to take a lot out of me winking smiley ... so exhausted. Had purchased some food from Ralph's and also some flowers. Had two heavy bags and heavy purse and was hungry after the colonic and had to go home with all that stuff, including the mile walk after the bus. Never again.

Drank lots of water when I got home, soon had a mango. Sometime after that, made a big salad with shredded beet, cucumber diced, romaine, grape tomatoes, olives. Sprinkled olive solution and lemon over it. I have not been able to do anything much after that except walk dogs and lounge around. It is 9 and I am going to crash. Made banana-prune milk which I am drinking now.

I hope I feel good tomorrow. Feel need of sleep and I should've gone to bed earlier. I am wondering about this exhaustion feeling. I'll see how I feel after a good night's sleep.

I lack the discipline to just get in bed when I feel the need to; should've done so hours ago, feeling this way but resisting the message.

I'm not a happy camper. smiling smiley

Date: June 15, 2008 01:30AM

Slept well and long and late (about 9 hours) and after taking Masha for walk and I had my morning coffee and cigarettes (eeegads) (sorry, but that's my ball and chain), I went back to bed for awhile.

Also meditated !!! for 30 minutes...at long last. I love the expression: Don't just do something, sit there!

Played rearrange the potted plants so the patio is redecorated; had fun dead-heading the plants, trimming, watering, sweeping patio. Looks good, pretty.

Big salad for late breakfast. I did not go to People's! I have no fruit to speak much of: 2 bananas which I must save for tomorrow morning as I go to work early early before anything is open. One unripe mango. A few prunes. And some melon which may be ripe...but I am hesitating, since the Santa Claus and the Canary melons which I had recently gave me gas. I hate gas and I am trying to get rid of it. But I sure am hungry. I am CRAVING FRUIT~~~~~what a good great wonderful experience. I am grateful to be craving fruit. Oh, how I wish I had fruit...cherries, oranges, a papaya, watermelon, oh gimme gimme gimme some fruit. Not craving junk sugar, thank thank goodness.

I feel v. tired. I'm HUNGRY. Only salad today. Had an avocado and very teeney salad, have hardly eaten all day. I want to make banana milk so badly. I just may. Tomorrow's breakfast? Salad at 5:30 a.m. Or melon. I wonder if the melon Caused gas or stirred up the gas that was there or what?

A lot of gas after I ate that delicious melon a few days ago, and more was trapped in colon, as the colonic got it out yesterday.

Am down 2 pounds since yesterday's colonic. I weigh 182. So, loss of 18 pounds this month. Yippee yiyo kai ay (sp?) at the Self-Care Corral! OK!

Date: June 15, 2008 02:51AM

I made banana milk and gave a few drops to yellow sided conure. Delicious.

Soon, I need to address the smoking. Can I quit again ... yes, but when? I think it is really affecting me more and more. Damn. What a nightmare. I cannot emphasize enough what a terrific habit/addiction/crutch/smokescreen/escape/and so forth and so on it is for me. I recently went back to it after 6 months off...and this is the toxic fat I am losing. The challenge/trick is to stay raw AND quit smoking. I don't think I am ready. Yes, try to cut back. Smoke american spirits and cut back. Sure. Lately, with weight loss, detox, colonics and little energy lately (much fatigue), I am pointing to smoking as a very serious obstacle to health (OF COURSE), but what I am thinking is that it seems even worse, or maybe it is just all the more highlighted since so many other good things are happening for my body. And then I smoke. Lawsey, lawsey, lawsey. Work is stressful lately. Not good atmosphere to quit. Every time I quit I just transfer the whole energy into another negative area=Sad diet, junk food to the Nth degree. I started smoking again on March 17 and told myself I would get 6 months on raw foods before quitting again. Well, that's 5 months away. Seems like a long time, sounds like a lot more fatigue and playing with fire. If I quit, I will be saying, "What, so soon?" and downing ice cream by the gallon and pizza by the ton and chocolate by the truckload. I cannot let that happen again. I know I am rehashing the past. When I quit again, I must not be influenced by negative memory of negative past experience. How? What do I replace it with? If I don't use junk food, what then to replace it with? Reprogram myself. Activity/exercise (foreign to me, I want to replace with something else in the mouth, to the bloodstream, to the brain, to the biochemistry...that is what has to be transformed). I have to go back to working on myself very bravely. When I did quit last time for 6 months, it was very very VERY DIFFICULT, but I did it for 6 months, and I talked and talked to a good friend who was also quitting (who also is smoking again), and also did some "work" with a therapist type person (a psychic actually, an empath, a magician...I call him my therapist. We talk. His being an empath cuts to the chase, so it is short cut therapy) (I also call him a magician) . This was really helpful. There are some intense reasons why I smoke. Why I can get into SAD eating disorder. Why I am so HUNGRY and why I replace what I am hungry for with biochemical negativity.

When I went back to smoking it was AHHHHHHHHHH.......Relief.
At the same time, you know, I missed the forward movement, the work, the insights and the breakthroughs and the growth. The trouble with quitting is that I can't have a cigarette.

I am really entertaining thought of giving it a go...if I am not ready to eat raw and quit smoking then I will smoke. Maybe it is time to give it a try. Just to see. I would love to eat well....and not smoke.

When can I do it?
I won't know unless I keep trying.

Date: June 15, 2008 12:33PM

Good morning Elakti --
Smoking is a tough one. I used to, off and on. Fortunately more off. I had asthma and still smoked. I quit cold turkey after 4 years of 2 packs a day when I was 16, but the last time I quit I did it gradually, had cut way back, then got pregnant and couldn't stand the smell. Never started back after she was born, and boy do my lungs thank me! The smell grosses me out now, and I get angry if anyone smokes around my daughter. I also get anxious because I think about how sick I was with asthma (I was very sick with it, being rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night a lot) as a child growing up in a smoke filled house. My lungs always hurt when I smoked, even though I didn't smoke a lot. What if you cut back by whatever you are comfortable with, even if it is just a cigarette a day or every other day? I've done that and it has been easier than going cold turkey. My surfer son started again and is really mad at himself too. It sounds like you are doing really well otherwise. I'm glad you got a lot of rest! And the weight! Hooray! smiling smiley))

Date: June 15, 2008 03:51PM

Good Morning!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I second Sundancer; what may be easiest for you right now is just to take your time and step down the amount that you do smoke now...baby steps! That way you can also begin to do the work again to address the issues behind the why of the habit AND to put in place alternative ways of dealing with the stress, etc, so that when you are ready to fully quit, you would've already set yourself up for long-term success...

Congratulations...18 pounds! That's fantastic - way to go. I hope you're able to get lots more fruit soon; it sucks royally when you don't have enough...

Much love - have a wonderful day!

Date: June 16, 2008 08:37PM

I'm off today and have done some housework and visited my neighbor (we watched 2 hours of Dog Whisperer).

Delicious morning smoothie of 2 bananas, 3 nectarines, and 2 prunes. Ate cherries. I feel hungry again, and will make some juice (carrot, cucumber, beet). Also, a salad. I am going to also rest, and write. I feel I need to write about work and the difficulties there and how to change my attitude and behavior to both accept things as they are and maybe effect some changes from a stronger stance instead of a weak complaining rebellious angle. Most likely I will have to do more accepting.

I find it hard to explain how I feel. I feel a big need for quiet, introspection, meditation.

Yesterday had a delicious salad from another restaurant near work...there was goat cheese in it...a "big" taste to throw into all the produce I've been eating. After work, I had about a pound or so of cherries. GAS! I don't know what caused it...the salad, the cheese?, the addition of cherries (but it was hours later, but maybe not enough? ) Major gas. Maybe it was cherries meet goat cheese in the intestines...play Law and Order music.

I just ate a lot of cherries, and seem to be pouffing out again with gas. I have tendency not to chew them well. Am aware of need to chew up this food better, even if soft and slippery. (a colonic tube viewing is a good reminder)

Good elimination this morning, and twice. Colon working much better.

I am just checking in briefly. Raw except for the goat cheese. Feeling fair energy, but seem a little depressed, or very introspective, or....

Need to wash my dog, eat something, and lie down or sit down, write or meditate or sleep.

Date: June 17, 2008 04:21PM

Just popping in to share some love...

Hope you had a good day yesterday; I am in a similar frame of mind as you, it seems, and I hope you allow yourself yourself to write and meditate...

Much love to you...

Date: June 17, 2008 07:13PM

Thanks, Soraya,

I was a little depressed yesterday, and actually had some cravings for some unmentionable things. I did not juice yesterday, I was too hang-dog to fetch the juicer and do all that (all those minutes it takes to make juice, sheeesh).
I did not 'do' anything particularly valuable for self-care. I did stay raw and quietish. And I did stay with some uncomfortable feelings without chasing after 'comfort food'. (altho' for the 1st time in a month, I did have refined visions....but not the Refined Visions I would prefer!)

Today I feel much better. I was supposed to work but a co-worker called and asked me to switch days, so I am off. I went bright and early to People's and spent a lot of money, but am I well stocked now for food (but, I forgot cucumbers). Even bought a seeded watermelon. 3 honeydew melons, strawberries, papayas, apricots that are pretty as can be---it is like someone took a paintbrush to them with a blush of raspberry pink and several adorable sun freckles---LOTS OF ORANGES, bananas, apples, and lots of greens including sunflower sprouts. I bought some russian kale even. Some walnuts. Prunes, and dried jackfruit. That jackfruit is a fruit I really want to try, so I grabbed the dried and is it good. Now, evenmore I want a fresh jackfruit. They ARE available here in the asian markets (which are far away from me). A co-worker could buy me one, but they are huge and probably would cost a day's wages.

Anyway, I am re-stocked and feel an uplift from that.

Self-care inventory: I did read something from one of my spirituality books, which made me cry and I do intend to meditate soon. I plan also to do some physical stretching.

Recently got back from store. Made some veg. juice: carrots, romaine, carrot tops, bit of beet and beet tops. Very good. I LIKE veg. juice. Also made a couple wraps with corn tortilla...with lettuce, tomato, olive, cilantro and some cucumber dressing.

I ordered the Estes book yesterday.

This afternoon, I am opening the watermelon. I think it is ripe. It better be good. It was fairly expensive....but, irresistible.

Date: June 17, 2008 07:48PM

Elakti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I did not 'do' anything particularly valuable for
> self-care. I did stay raw and quietish. And I
> did stay with some uncomfortable feelings without
> chasing after 'comfort food'. (altho' for the 1st
> time in a month, I did have refined visions....but
> not the Refined Visions I would prefer!)
>
>

Yes you did! You needed to stay quiet, so you did - instead of doing something to distract yourself - and you actually sat with and acknowledged your feelings; that is very valuable for self-care, Elakti! winking smiley

I'm happy to hear that you feel better, are off from work and had the opportunity to replenish your supplies - and I loved your description of the apricots! You are making me hungry!!! Hope your watermelon's good; I've been having some really fantastically sweet ones, lately...

Okay, now I'm itching to go have some more of mine! LOL!

Continue to have a relaxing day!

Date: June 17, 2008 09:58PM

Yes, you're right. It was a good day...they are not always comfortable to the daily ego!

Watermelon is goodo! I'm off to eat more. Just did long post over in your neck of the woods (since we're in camp) after taking M. for a nice long walk. Now is watermelon time...and I may check out what Oprah is doing today. I don't watch much tv, but there is one in living room so I check out a few things.

Very "hungry" day. I want to eat. Now have so much food. It all looks so good. I am so happy to have it all here. I realize it is really the food I want.

Did some watering in the patio...more flowers in bloom and I sat out there and read for awhile, finishing the B. Jenssen book. Later, more reading in other than raw/food books....and SIT DOWN FOR MEDITATION, PLEASE, SELF!

smiling smiley

Date: June 18, 2008 12:43AM

Am I full. I ate watermelon and peed a lot, urgently. I always burp,too, when I eat watermelon. ???

I later ate more salad...romaine, spinach leaves, cilantro, tomato, olives.
I am so fulllllll. Also, some walnuts. A very hungry day and I did all that shopping and I feel like I'm celebrating all this food. Actually, I feel unusually well today. Physically, quite good. Uh oh. smiling smiley (I don't want any more detox right now!)

I decided to pay for the four more colonics for the package price of 10. I figure I've gone this far, may as well do 10. I may opt to do this Fri's colonic and then wait 4-6 weeks and then do the 4---give myself a period of time without them, eating raw, and getting really ready for the last four. I'll ask my therapist if that makes sense.

I'm going to look like hell warmed over when I lose more weight. I'm already showing up more wrinkles and fine lines. Vanity. But, what's worse than excess weight? Maybe a face that ages very markedly. Vanity. Something else to deal with. Bottom line: I want health and energy and poise and equanimity.

I cooked some broccoli and carrots for my dog. I had a taste. smiling smiley Such an appetite today. I'm already planning what I will eat later. If I can wait long enough and I must I want to eat some oranges. They are delicious, from Escondido. They are from this one guy's orchards, sustainable, but they are always so delicious, better than the organic. Each year I go crazy over these oranges. Heavenly. There's not much to eat, I just DRINK them. Sweet sweet sweet!!!

Date: June 18, 2008 03:23AM

I feel so unusually good, it's scary. winking smiley

Date: June 18, 2008 07:01PM

I am very well rested...slept total of 9 hours or more. Went back to sleep after morning walk with Masha, and it was a wonderful bonus sleep.

Ate 5 oranges and made a smoothie of 2 bananas, dried jackfruit (soaked all night), and strawberries. Ate 3 more oranges. All delicious to nth degree.

Later ate 2 wraps with romaine and tomato and avocado.

Weigh 180...lost 2 more pounds!....soon will be in 170's...yes yes yes...goodbye fat and waste and toxins...

gotta get to work
deep breath
gotta make it good

packed a big 'ole lunch! Lots fruit and 2 salads! smiling smiley

Date: June 19, 2008 03:54AM

Hooray!!! I had another great day, too, food wise. Hubby is sick and my daughter is three -- need I say more? All in all it was a good day. I did member worker hours at the co-op (for a bigger discount on food) and Little went to preschool this morning, went to a songwriting workshop this evening, and took care of everyone in between.

I had a smoothie with ground flax, kale, cacao, pear, dates, a little agave (I like my smoothies sweet), and a banana for breakfast. Lunch was a salad and some miso soup with spirulina, avocado, spices and veggies (I always change up the veggies). Dinner was a chipotle risotto (the half of chipotle was the only non-raw thing all day) made with winter squash - chopped into rice size pieces, Brazil nuts, garlic, cilantro, Braggs, water, salt & pepper blended together into a creamy sauce, and with red peppers and chives. Man, was it yummy!!!

Didn't get a chance to exercise, but I was busy all day being productive. Tomorrow I have some time to myself to write, meditate, work out, etc. before work.

Elakti, I'm really glad you had such a great day -- you were due!!!

Date: June 19, 2008 09:35PM

Thank you, Sundancer. You are a busy lady. Sounds like you have good energy. It is so nice to see your posts and that you are doing so well.

I am home from work (and I may not have a job). I had to work 'til 9 last night and then get up at 5 to go back and I didn't sleep but about 1 or 1.5 hours. I am non-functional at that level of sleep defecit. Ill-ish. Or more than ish. So, I had to call in. The boss hung up on me. This doesn't bode well!! smiling smiley

Whatever. The dye is cast. Que sera, sera. I will have money for about 2 or 3 months' rent and I will search mightily for a job and have as positive attitude and hope and faith as I can. First, about 10 days hiatus for quiet cleanse time. Maybe even a fast of a few days. As crazy as it sounds, the possiblility that I will have the onerous chore of finding employment under pressure, I will take a few days of utter vacation. I strongly figure that I am fired. We shall see.

*sigh*

Needless to say, am not having best day, trying to sleep (no luck), feeling like a half-dead zombie. I do NOT do well without sleep! It is as bad as having the flu.

My boss said, "Take a pill, I don't care." !!! What kind? I don't take ANY PILLS, I do care, thank you very much. My answer to lack of sleep is sleep, or at least total rest until it comes. My schedule was such (deemed ok by the union) so that by the time I Got Home Until I Had to Wake Up to Go to Work I only had about 7 hours total time for doing all I had to do And sleep...enough of this rant

So, I am home. I had an orange, a banana.
Made Vegetable Juice: carrots, celery, small piece of beet, beet greens.
Very good.

Leftover salad from yesterday, small amt. Tahini dressing.

Two bentonite/psyllium shakes so far. I was supposed to start yesterday, but I forgot. Had one last night, and 2 today. Will do 2 more. Colonic tomorrow at 11. Glad it is early, so I can get back early.

Intermittent liver pain. (pretty sure it is liver, could be wrong) (liver, gallbladder or some valve, I don't know. I intuit, and guess from location, that it is liver. Also, hydrotherapist says liver) I know my liver is detoxing from this radical change in eating and the cleansing. As it is happening, too, I have typial liver problem symptoms such as fatigue, nausea, irritability, and such. I don't consider it a problem symptom though, I know it is recovering FROM the problems it has had to deal with. I believe it is healthy discomfort. (but it will be nice when it is quite better)

Am going to brush skin and try again to sleep. The book by Estes came today by mail, and I've looked at it, but am really too tired to even read.

Later, I will eat watermelon.

Date: June 20, 2008 03:59PM

Wonderful refreshing sleep!

Smoothie: banana, apple, few strawberries. Also ate apricot.

Had a mango for dinner last night.

Soon leaving for colonic.
Possibly last one..depending on job situation.

Date: June 20, 2008 08:26PM

Elakti,

I am glad that you managed to catch up on your sleep deficit...

I hope that your job situation is resolved soon in the best way that benefits you (what your boss said to you was atrocious but not surprising to me in the least) - whether that means that you still have a job there or you discover something better waiting in the wings. I know all about sucky jobs - and sucky employers! - and count my blessings that I'm not in that situation anymore!

I'm sending you all the love and good vibes that I can ;-)

Your food the past few days sounds quite delish, and congrats on releasing even more weight!

I've not been online the past few days due to limited access to the computer (not mine) but also mainly because I was in a very comtemplative state of mind and needed to be very "quiet". I'm actually still kinda in that space but I really felt the need to make sure that you and Sundancer know that I am still in the game and still supporting my girls 1000%!!!

It's not been a difficult time at all, just been doing a lot of re-reading material that I've covered before, and incorporating different meditations, etc, but now that I'm at an entirely different level I'm seeing and absorbing things that didn't totally sink in on the first go-round years / months ago. I'm also getting some very enlightening insights about myself as well, which I will be sharing - maybe later today, if I have the energy...

Feeling VERY tired today, so I've spent most of it in bed. Need to go to the market, but my body's rest comes first - plus, I do not have the wherewithall to walk the mile to and from the bus stop ***makes a face***! The awesome thing is that I have the next three days to myself so I plan to make the most of them!!! winking smileywinking smileywinking smiley

Please let me (us) know how you are doing, how the colonic went, etc...

And Sundancer, I hope that by now your husband is much better, if not totally 100%! You are doing so well; I am so proud of you both for treating yourself as women of great value. because you are! I think that you are amazing individuals, and I'm so grateful for having met you and being graced to have this enriching experience with you!

Okay...feeling totally out of it, now. Off to drink some water and have another converastion with the bed! LOL!!!

Hugs to you both...

winking smiley

Date: June 20, 2008 09:06PM

Soraya---quick post. I'm so glad you communicated; I sure know how that is, to need quiet time. It is encouraging to read your post, as I appreciate how neat that is to become clearer about things...the books you're reading and your meditation and introspection.

And I understand about the shopping...we have similar situations there, including the mile walk to bus stop.

Colonic was good...last one for a while. She said that it has really slowed down, not so much coming out, and that she would suggest maintenance colonics. Afterwards, at first, I was a little woozy and feeling weakish (as usual immediately following it)....but after about 15 min I felt so good, so relaxed, so cleanish and hollowish. Very relaxed and had sense of well being. Very nice!

Home, made a salad: romaine, bell pepper, avocado, tomato, sunflower sprouts (small amts of each)

Relaxing afternoon and eve in front of me.

My newest camp project is CHEWING. Chew chew chew! And better breathing: Deeper.

Date: June 21, 2008 01:48PM

Thank you both so much for the complements! It really means a lot to me. You both are awesome!!! My hubby is at 85%, but I'm getting a cold and feel like I'm wilting a little, so I'm going to go take care of myself. I'll post later.

Peace!

Date: June 22, 2008 02:47AM

Did not get fired, anyway not today. A little disappointed. smiling smiley

I hate work. That is the bottom line of the rant I am omitting.

Ate well today again. Fruit in morning, at breaktime, and salad for lunch, and avocado at afternoon break. Honeydew melon home again. Will eat more later. I think just fruit. Probably the Valencias. They are out of this world delicious.

Feel much better physically. Colon working well. smiling smiley
AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My blood pressure was 116/68. Wow. Much improved over the 150's and 140's (and even 130's too!). I was so happy to see that. I do feel calmer and more relaxed. Even tho I am still and again and as always drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. Oh, man, what am I going to do? Wait longer I'm sure. I wish I had a vacation. I want to fast.

I feel the pain in right side, right now. Melon? Liver?

Still some chores to do, walk Masha, and soon I will be in bed with books.

Have great day....love to you both, Elakti.

Date: June 22, 2008 03:18AM

Soraya -- it's great that you are listening to what your body, mind and soul need by taking it slow and introspecting. I don't do that enough. I've always had trouble allowing myself to do that, and it is soooo important. I'm working on it -- I even have my daughter in preschool an extra day so I can't use the "no time" excuse.

Date: June 22, 2008 04:02AM

Vegetable juice for dinner: carrot, spinach, cucumber, beet, carrot tops. Delicious. I actually found myself wanting it.

That's great, Sundancer. I think you deserve some time set aside for yourself. You are busy. A householder with husband and 3 year old! AND you have another job too! Makes me feel sheepish, always complaining about work. But, it is the nature of the job that is so difficult for me...no positive feedback, no reward. I work in...well, never mind. The work rant is omitted today. smiling smiley

I hope your sore throat is gone.

Was it ever hot today. And this is the ocean. Am I ever grateful to be complaining about the heat here at the ocean! smiling smiley Inland, I would faint.

I watered all the flowers when I got home. I have walked my dog and housemate's dogs, as she is out. Showered, washed hair. Fed the five cats. Made my juice, which I am still swishing around in mouth before I swallow (chew chew chew) and soon I will be in bed. I am rereading the Fuhrman book on Eating and Fasting. It is so nicely written, it's very good. I sure would love to fast for about five or six days. That's what I was going to do if I had been fired smiling smiley Drat!

I could fast for a day or two on days off, but I want to get into the ketosis stage and get a couple of those days under my belt...which would also get looser, heh heh. I think it would do my liver a world of good, what to say of everything else besides. And, after this time on raw and the colonics I think I would fast easily.

Date: June 23, 2008 12:31AM

quick post

got ride to People's and I replenished oranges, bananas, and got one papaya, kalamata olives, two cucumbers, raisins, 3 Bosc pears. And grapes, small purple and they are so luscious.

Going out to patio with dogs, eat grapes, happy to be home. The parrots are probably in the trees eating berries (they always come at this time).

Ok day at work. Feel good now, recovering. smiling smiley

Have not eaten that much today. Bananas, a few cherries, salad for lunch, now grapes.

I also bought about 6 ataulfo mangos. I have so much food. Even if I lost my job, I couldn't fast for days and days!! smiling smiley

Current Page: 12 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables