Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 11 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: May 29, 2008 08:41PM

Am glad that you listened to your body and took a day's rest - way to go... how are you feeling today?

Whenever I find myself really wanting to pig out on "food" that is no-no to me, I've realized that I am either not eating enough, or that there is - more often than not - emotional stuff (that you may not be aware of conciously) that needs to be dealt with...hense the craving for dense foods with which to smother & hide them temporarily...

I know how we're both working through our food purchasing issues... I was blessed with another lift to a store on Tuesday night( supermarket that I'm not used to but was very grateful nonetheless!), so I'm going to share my shopping info. with you for a minute...

After taking stock of their produce section - which wasn't spectacular but I guess typical of most mainstream supermarkets - I picked up a good deal of watermelon slices (comparable to getting whole watermelon and a whole lot more convenient for me right now), a few bags of oranges, a couple pounds of apricots, 2 GORGEOUS pineapples and 7 large bunches of bananas...

Yesterday I just wanted - no, needed - to get out of the house for a while so I got the bus to my usual market and grabbed 3 bags more oranges winking smiley, apricots, 3 containers of sprouted beans, a few avocados, couple of red bell peppers (organic), frozen mixed berries & wild blueberries (cheaper than buying fresh) and a bag of romaine hearts.

On a sad note - the reason I'm getting offers to take me shopping lately is because of illness in the family that I live with; I'm holding down the fort at home because of someone else's hospitalisation, so as means of support / helping us out different kind people have taken time out to make sure I can go get what I need for myself and the house.

Also I haven't posted in the last couple of days because my emotions are too raw right now and I didn't have the energy to, but I really wanted to touch base with you today... part of my "holding down the fort" around here involves taking care of the pets, and Tuesday we had to put down the second pet in a month and I am absolutely heartbroken - the first, a magnificent Ragdoll cat, passed on the end of last month, and the second was the sweetest, most loving furperson ever, a Papillon dog. They were the two animals here that I was the closest to, and now my babies are gone - they weren't technically mine, but I loved them as my own...all the animals here anyway are really close to me and attached to my hip anyway... I am glad that they are no longer suffering, but it feels like someone ripped my heart out ;( I miss them...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 31, 2008 02:43AM

Hello Soraya---sorry for delay, sorry to hear what a trying time you are going through with the illness and the passing of two dear animals; how I empathize. That is so difficult, I know. Animals are like children, aren't they? Dear sweeties.

Yes, what you say about the food is right. Glad you got some shopping done. I did too. Also more apricots and mangoes, some tomatoes and cilantro, bananas, and avocados...also a jar of delicious kalamata olives, which I've been eating a bit like m&m's smiling smiley.

Feel better. A day of detox definitely. Good! It's all working! And after the detoxy day my appetite came back. Have I been eating. Today was another day off and I have been eating so much...so much fruit first part of day and then salad salad and olives and olives and olives on salad and avocados and I think I've had two of them oh my. It's ok. It seems I've lost a couple more pounds. The scale seems stuck on 190, it doesn't matter if it's first thing in morning or it is atfternoon and I just ate or I havn't eaten for an hour. But this afternoon it showed 187. Maybe it's broken.

I AM anxious to see weight go down as it will signify detox and riddance of ugly stuff. I am at stage where the weight should start coming off. I hope.

Where I was using computer was at a friend's house who was out of town. She is back, but my housemate here said I could use hers! How nice. She is very nice and generous that way. So I do have access, just not any 'ole time I want. But there will be plenty of opportunity.

So it is 7:30 and I've been watching Dog Whisperer episodes (and eating olives) and doing lots of chores also. Making salad and dressing.

Looking forward to books arriving next week sometime. And saladacco. The website is Monarch's...has he got a selection of books! I got the Recipe Guide book of Graham's, and Monarch's Raw Success, and a Krok book and others.

I'm hungry. I need to wait a bit and then I'm going to eat oranges. Am craving them. Probably thirsty from olives.

Date: June 02, 2008 05:35PM

Monday morning and am about to make vegetable juice. Had bentonite shake this morning, Ataulfo mango, other mango, appricots. Later had a smoothie with big banana, nectarines, and celery. I discovered I am out of lettuce, how did I let that happen!? There is some lettuce growing outside and I can pick some of it if I need a small salad before I go to colonic later. I will take one more shake before I go. When I am at work I cannot do a shake, it is so crazy there, and my time is so limited. Next week I must try to do a midday shake, no matter what.

Have been eating pretty well, although had a couple set backs...ate a couple things, had tastes...and I am not talking about steamed veg. or baked potato, I'm talking about refined sugar and flour. I didn't beat myself up, I just resumed my fruits and plants----and THAT I am proud of. The stimulus for these tastes---work stress. I am so unhappy with my job.

While out today, I will stop at grocery store and buy lettuce and maybe some other greens. Along with some fruit. I am going through it fast. Cannot always shop at People's Co-op. That's okay. When I can, I will really appreciate it.

I hope I have a "good" colonic today. And it sure would be great if UPS brings my box today, but I doubt if it will be today. Looking so forward to it. I am going to make zucchini sqhetti and tomato salsa and start devouring books!

Oh, I want basil. I also like a couple little pieces in a salad.

Date: June 02, 2008 10:36PM

I'm finally back winking smiley Thank you for all the love and kind thoughts...my friend will be in the hospital for another couple of weeks but it's for the best; she's not happy about it (been in for threee weeks already) but it's the safest place for her right now...

You made me smile because all of these animals seem to think that I'm their Mama - especially the little Papillon - I keep telling them that we're from different species!

Glad to know that you'll still have computer access; I make it a point to drop in every day to check on how my buddy is doing...keep up the good work!

Umnn..isn't it exciting to get new information? I really would like to get my hands on a couple of Grahams' books as well...

Just about run out of food myself...must get to market tomorrow!!!

Date: June 03, 2008 02:04AM

My package came today just as I was getting ready to go to colonic appt! I ripped it open and took the Monarch book, Raw Success, with me. It is intereting and has new info. A segment on gas, which I am very interested in reading. This is info from F. Bisci.

Haven't opened spiralizer Saladacco yet. Oh, much to investigate!

Made vegetable juice today. Had fruit when I got back home, and just finished a small salad. Went to grocery store before colonic and got some needed items like lettuce. No basil there, so I went to Home Depot and bought a couple plants. That's better! The grocery store was expensive, too! I think co-0p is better or same in price! I did get a pkg of organic romaine hearts and a bag of organic green grapes. Okay, but not quite ripe enough. No yellow on them. The rest of the produce was regular.

Good colonic! lots of "release". more gas. more other. Very good. Afterwards I felt so good. I felt sort of hollower. I didn't notice any good feelings after the first two, but after this one I definitely had a bit of a buouyant feeling, felt lighter and cleaner. Next one is in 4 days, on Friday, so that means back to the cleanse on Wed. I must try to get in a shake while at work.

Need to walk little kid, Masha. Looking forward to soon getting in bed with my books. Ahhhhhh....goood day. Quiet. Sometimes I just LOVE days when I don't have to talk to anyone. Just quiet. It feels like letting my brain breathe.

Date: June 03, 2008 05:28PM

Am down FOUR POUNDS!!! From colonic! And this morning had a big 'ole release. Moving right along, heh heh!

So far during this morning have eaten 2 mangoes, one Ataulfo mango, 2 apricots; and, I just finished a small salad. I am taking two salads to work, as I eat one at breaktime. Will take some fruit. Need to buy bananas and another jar of olives.

Read a little booklet by Abrahamowsi, M.D. Eloquent at times.

Am almost finished with Raw Success. Good info about gases. (I sure am releasing a lot of gas, which is great)

Have looked at a couple other books (I got 11!!) Will be reading Jenson's Guide to Bowel Management next. I read this decades ago, but didn't "get it".

I am getting it now! I wish I could have 10 colonics (I've paid for 6). If I don't lose my job...

I am hanging by a thread at this job. A thread, no kidding. It just seems a matter of whether I get fired or I quit and one or the other seems imminent. Who knows? Time will tell. How fast I can find another job is a worry. But, this job is so making me feel horrible. I can barely get through the day, on verge of just quitting I am so miserable. I tell myself to try to hold onto it until I can find something else, as I wonder if my discomfort is very magnified because of this change of lifestyle and the cleansing. Well, yes, of course it is. The place is TOXIC!!

So, three days of work and then Friday is a day off and I have an earlier appt time which is good. I am going to take a cleanse shake and the herbs tonight, and another tomorrow before work. Or, since I start midday, I could take one early morning and then again right before work and then when I get home. That would work.

Besides work, I am happy with everything else, happy with my progress in cleansing and eating well as I can. I am eating pretty well, I think. Crave greens and salads, as well as fruit. Made tahini dressing this morning with tahini, lemon juice, 1/2 tomatillo, basil leaves, a few chunks celery and a few leaves of spinach, a little honey. It is quite tasty.

Figuring how to use saladacco awaits me. I want to make ribbons and sticks and spaghetti out of carrots, cucumber, and zucchini.

There are some 'recipes' and combinations in the Graham recipe guide I will do, also some different ideas from Walker's guide to salad.

I also want to step up the juicing...to see for myself. I think it is a good idea right now for me. I am cleansing fast, from a radical change in diet, and the bentonite cleanse and colonics are really helping. The veg juice is also an aid at this stage, when there is so much acidity, toxins, what not being released into system. It helps alkalinize the system as the acids are ushered into bloodstream and eliminative channnels. I really am focused on this goal of keeping on top of the elimination. A lot of gas left yesterday and continued to leave throughout day, via both ends of digestive tract. This gas issue is very interesting and significant and it isn't talked about much, except by a few people I've come across lately and that is F. Bisci, Matt Monarch (who learns from Bisci), and another Dr. St. something Estes...whose book I am going to order.

Ok! Reading and eating and @#$%& --- and off to the @#$%& job. I want an employment colonic!!!!

Date: June 03, 2008 08:36PM

Elakti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am hanging by a thread at this job. A thread,
> no kidding. It just seems a matter of whether I
> get fired or I quit and one or the other seems
> imminent. Who knows? Time will tell. How fast I
> can find another job is a worry. But, this job is
> so making me feel horrible. I can barely get
> through the day, on verge of just quitting I am so
> miserable. I tell myself to try to hold onto it
> until I can find something else, as I wonder if my
> discomfort is very magnified because of this
> change of lifestyle and the cleansing. Well, yes,
> of course it is. The place is TOXIC!!
>
>
> Ok! Reading and eating and @#$%& --- and off to
> the @#$%& job. I want an employment colonic!!!!

***ROTFLOL***

Girrrlllllll, you are TOO funny - but boy do I know where you're coming from!!! winking smiley

I love reading your posts; the day doesn't feel right if I don't see something from you!

Great that you've been obtaining such great results from your cleanse and colonics; so glad that you can afford to, and are aware of the benefits of, get such treatments... Looks like you're doing really well with your eating as well...

Hang in there; I've had my share of crappy, stressful jobs, so my heart goes out to you. Maybe you could start investigating new possibilities while you hold out there for as long as you can? At least I'm relieved to hear that you are happy with the way everything else is going in your life!

Date: June 04, 2008 05:11AM

Hi Soraya~~~~~~~~~~always glad to read your posts too, so glad we are keeping in touch!

Good day today...in fact, more calm and relaxed than I have felt in a LONG TIME, really and truly. I feel so much better, wowie zowie. I feel so much thinner---far from thin, but in comparison...in just one day, after yesterday's colonic...it is amazing. Co-worker noticed. She said, "my goodness, what happened? You looked PREGNANT, your stomach was so huge, and now you look so much thinner, where did your stomach go? She's very frank and direct. I don't mind, it is so true, you can't hide a belly (it was more like 3, if you count the liver roll, the stomach protusion, and the abdominal blob) like I had. I told her about the colonics. At first she was aghast but I explained it to her, and she sees the results (boy, does she).

I feel cooler (I mean temperature wise)...not so sweaty. I hate that toxic heat. And underarm BO is much reduced. I like it when I'm raw for awhile and don't even have to wear deodorant)

Such improvement.

Yes, it was expensive, and it took all my tax returns to pay for it.

Work even was tolerable. I was in good relaxed mood, very calm. Should have taken my blood pressure.

I think I will do a cleanse shake tonight. And continue the next two days...will probably blow up again, drat.

Am almost through with The Healing Crisis by Fife. Most material I already familiar with, but some new info, too. Touched upon emotional/mental detox. which I've been going through too, I'm sure. (the work drama--anger, frustration, etc)

My salad(s) today---very fatty. Avocado, olives, one brazil nut, thick tahini dressing. It's ok for now. Still so early days. Better than pizza. I LOVE my tahini dressing. I LOVE these kalamata olives. I am eating them like crazy, cannot help it. I am not having cravings for junk....yet.........and it is so nice. Am eating lots of good food, even if too fatty today. I will address this when the time is right. For now though, it is "Latah!"

It is 10 at night, just got home from work. Feel energetic (amazing), but I know I will quickly wind down when I am in bed....with a book. I guess I am going to read every rawfood and natural hygiene and healing book I can get my hands on.

Soraya, start writing a book now, I'll need another one.

smiling smiley

Date: June 04, 2008 12:58PM

Good Morning, Beautiful!

Yep...getting rid of toxic stuff - whether physical or emotional (or people!!!) - really does make a marked difference, doesn't it!?! That must have been some improvement for you to consider work to be tolerable for the day, considering how expressive you were about that situation previously!!! Good for you!

***thunderous applause***

Your co-worker sounds like a riot!

Am almost envious of all your books winking smiley. Don't you just LOVE soaking in all that wonderful information? What I had been doing sometimes was reading any books on raw and nutrition that I could find at Barnes and Nobles one one of my off days each week; big comfy armchair, stack of books and fruit/veggies & water/smoothie for breakfast and lunch...blissss...A lot of my reading so far has been online as well; this site, reading up on all the old posts that I can, Dr. Graham's site, rawfoodexplained.com (natural hygiene), Karen Knowler's site (she has the BEST articles on anyone I've seen so far on emotional detoxing), and a couple others...I prefer seeing actual people's experiences, as that helped me the most in achieving the best balance for me, but I love gathering info...then you can sift it and find what works best for you, and what can be discarded...

I found earlier on too that I needed to eat a lot of fat as well, to get a the full feeling, perhaps, that I was used to, but more for the grounding too, I think. Now I can't eat half the amount I used to! Just keep listening to your body, and take baby steps when you decide it's time to adjust the levels for yourself. My body took care of it for me, so it was definitely not as challenging as I thought it would be!

Did you manage to get to the market as yet? Can't have you run out of food over there! winking smiley Got to check up on you, you know!

Have another calm, relaxing day today!

Date: June 04, 2008 04:52PM

Thanks for the tip on K. Knowlers site, I must check that one out....I am hungry to read more about the emotional/psychological side of all this. I, too, like reading personal accounts. I really want to read Angela Stokes "Raw Emotions", but it is an E-book and I cannot download it. I hope they print it soon.

This morning I slept late...til 8:30!!! So unlike me. I worked late tho til 9 and then was reading. I didn't eat anything but a few grapes and an apricot, so my last meal was at 5. That is unusual too. I did do a shake and maybe that had something to do with it.

Will eat mangoes and other fruit. Also must eat a salad before work. I am thinking of going to People's before work as I want to get another bottle of enzymes and some bananas and....but, can't carry too much. The digestive enzymes also seem to be helping me at this point. I need carrots too and they are heavy. I do want to juice everyday, even if just one glass. Actually, I'd like to do more than one glass...to see...I believe it would be beneficial, must see.

Omg, it is almost 10, gotta run!

Date: June 04, 2008 07:02PM

Oops! Forgot to say her site is [www.therawfoodcoach.com]. As I said, I've found her articles really helpful; she's an awesome, very suscinct writer. There are gems to be found in her blog as well; I like that she is so transparent about her own experiences, growth and struggles - makes her seem more like the average person and less like a "guru"...

Another great support resource for me has been the blog of another site member, Sparkler... her site is [www.goingbananasblog.com] ,I enjoyed it so much that I'm a suscriber now! She does 811, is mad cool and is another terrific writer who really needs to start writing a book!

Oh..and, yes, I have been following the emotions post...

Let me know what goodies you were able to pick up from People's!

Date: June 05, 2008 04:49AM

Don't have much time right now. Will check out those websites. Did go to People's and got a few not yet ripe bananas, strawberries, enzymes, sweet grape tomatoes, carrots, avocado. I didn't eat a whole lot today, small salad at lunch, a small raw cole slaw from People's at breaktime. This Morning had some fruit, and then made a green smoothie with banana, apple, a few grapes and 2 huge handfuls of spinach. Very good.

Took the bentonite shake at work! So, one more now before bed and books.

Will look into those websites, I've read posts by Sparkler.

In rush, just got to friend's house to feed her cat, must get home, walk Masha, and etc etc and get settled with book for awhile before sleep and it is already nearly 10 and I have to work early tomorrow. Hopefully I will have some computer time tomorrow after work.

Also bought prunes. Also went to the bathroom (BM) 4x's today. Looking forward to the colonic on Fri. Read thin book today by M. Krok called Conquest of Disease.

Wish I had more time. I may eat a mango or strawberries.

Ugh, bean sprouts! Makes me nauseous to think about them, Soraya! Glad to read your post. 'Til tomorrow, nighty night!

Date: June 05, 2008 02:35PM

Massive elimination this morning! Hooray! smiling smiley!!

Date: June 05, 2008 10:52PM

Isn't it great to be on a site were we can boast about our BMs? winking smileywinking smileywinking smiley

Glad to know that you did get to People's after all; can't have you starving!

You're really enjoying those books, aren't you? Would you mind telling me which ones you bought? Think you mentioned @ three of them already...

I'm still not feeling right after last night's disaster...uggggg. I hope that doesn't happen to me with alfalfa sprouts; haven't had those in a while, either. I was so sick that I don't want to ever see another bean again!!! ***grimaces and sticks tongue out***

Last time I got to the market, I managed to get 11 bunches of bananas of varying ripeness,3 bags of oranges (I need more! May make a run for some tomorrow),10 really big mangoes that smell oh-so-good in the kitchen, bunch of golden beets, 2lbs of organic carrots, couple bags of mixed berries and blueberries and 2 packages of Romaine hearts. I like having so many bananas around so I can rotate them and not run out, and it also ensures that I always have ripe ones at hand; I try to buy a few bunches everytime I go shopping.

Hope you're having a good day, and I'm sure that you'll have a blast at tomorrow's colonic (pun intended)!

"See" you soon!

Date: June 06, 2008 02:42AM

Shopping venture sound very yummy, my mouth is watering. What do you do with the beets? Lately I have been shredding some beet on salad, nice addition.

Yes, I'll list the books tomorrow when I have more time. Am about to take bath, soak. Close eyes.

I had another detoxy day, very "liverish". So tired and had that 'draining' feeling, dizzy and woozy and Very Cranky! Such irritation all day, not from circumstance as much as from the detoxy feelings. Feel tired now. Glad to be home, almost in water.

Had papaya and strawberries before work, small salad at break, smaller salad at lunch and cappucino (ooops), banana on way home. Just ate small Ataulfo. After reading your grocery list, Soraya, now I feel hungrier.

Took two doses of cleanse, will take another.

Need to sleep early, well, long. It is so hard to be at work while there is a bit of a cleansing activity.

Will post tomorrow.

Date: June 07, 2008 01:28AM

Oh, the day is disappearing! I am having such a nice time! This morning the detox was over, I felt so much better after a marvelous sleep. Had a massive elimination. And then another a little later.

Smoothie: mango, apple, grapes, and large amt of romaine. Nice.

Home Depot: tomato plants, Shasta daisy, other daisy, basil, and pet grass for the animals.

Colonic: Good. Good "releases"...lots of waste (more? amazing!) and then the 2nd release there was even some more and green, very green water. She said the green colour is toxins from liver and gallbladder. She said it is now visible what kind of detoxy cleansing day I was having yesterday. And now it is out of my body, good show! Very green water. Yes, I've gone green. smiling smiley

Recent Book Acquisition: Raw Success, Matt Monarch...Holistic Guide to a Healthy Dog....Breathing for Super Energy by Bragg......The Healing Crisis by Bruce Fife, N.D,....The Grape Cure by J. Brandt...Conquest of Disease by Morris Krok...High Energy Diet Recipe Guide by D. Graham...A Doctor's Raw Food Cure by Dr. OLM Abramowki...Confessions of A Medical Heretic by Robert Mendelsohn, M.D....Dr. Jensen's Guide to Better Bowel Care...and, Fasting and Eating for Health by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.

Wow, huh? I"m a little obsessive. Some of these are books I've heard of over years' time but never read or had access to buy. I always wanted to look at the Mendelsohn book and also the Grape Cure book. The latter is a small paperback written in '28 by a woman who was very ill with cancer. She got well when she ate a diet of grapes only. Book is a little 'heavily' written, but the substance is fascinating. Grapes apparently have some heavy duty vital qualities. I remember years years years ago when I was into the vitamin supplement thing, the one thing that made the most impression on me as being really something obviously helpful was grape seed extract. Interesting. From the sounds of this book, it would be advantageous to do some mono eating of grapes for a day or two or three. I do love grapes, ripe grapes.

I also heard the Fuhrman book mentioned much on message boards as being such a good book on fasting. I took it with me today (I sometimes read while I walk) and it is EXCELLENT...so well written by such an intelligent man and exceptional doctor! Now HE is doctor!

I think I mentioned that I lost 4 pounds after the third colonic. I don't expect that again, but I sure feel better. Better than yesterday of course! But, even better than I felt before the colonic.

Have done some household chores, some gardening, a short visit with a friend, laundry. Still must do a couple things, and then will have free time again...probably to read. I need to eat right now. Had some salad when I got home from hydrotherapy, now is 6:30 (oh, day, don't disappear so fast!). I notice that I am not so beleagered by hypoglycemic symptoms. I am adjusting both physically and mentally to rawfood regime. I feel a pressing need for sweet fruit. Sounds orange coloured to me!

I know I wanted to say more, there were things that Soraya mentioned that I wanted to refer to, but I have now gone on and on enough.

And I will have to look at the Emotions thread tomorrow, hopefully.

I sure am enjoying today. smiling smiley Ah, sigh, smile, stretch, big breath, and thinking about jumping up and down! smiling smiley

Date: June 07, 2008 04:20PM

Good sleep. I've noticed since I've cleaned up my diet that I must sleep more peacefully. When eating junk I woke up with the bedclothes all over the place, literally the topsheet off the bed, the comforter turned sideways, and the top comforter upside down...I didn't know how I did it. Now, I get out of bed and it looks just like it did the night before, serene.

This morning: orange, 2 prunes, banana milk (so delicious--2 bananas, 1/2 coconut date roll, lots water)

I weighed 185 first thing this morning...down 15 pounds.

Read more in Fuhrman book last night, really a top rate book. I am thinking about giving copy to a friend who is a meat eater, has arthritis, and goes to regular doctors. This is a good book for someone who has never read any bookson natural hygiene, who has never been introduced to the basis of rawfoodism, or who is somewhat resistant but intelligent. If she would just open to it enough to read this book...he covers so much info in a concise readable style.

I've made my salads and dressing. Tahini dressing with basil, lemon juice, honey. I used butter lettuce (a beautiful plant), shredded carrot and beet, tomato, zucchini. In one salad I also put red bell pepper. That's for break and lunch. Need to stop at Apple Tree market for some mangoes and other fruit and some avos. I will probably eat an avocado at afternoon break. At that time, it seems very satisfying.

I notice a decrease in urgency to eat when I am at home. Usually at work if my break or lunch is delayed, I can feel an uncomfortable urgency and low blood sugary feelings, but it is getting better. Thank God, I am not experiencing any major cravings. I don't even want to deal with THAT. I think the colonics may be helping there. According to what I've read though, a lot of what my body is detoxing is not staying in the body because of the colonics. I went from extreme junk food to raw food. At any rate, I am happy with progress, and I am thankful I am not experiencing cravings. And I have my hands on candy bars and ice cream all day long. It's a strange irony. Much of that store's merhandise represents all of my addictions. I fell into the pit and partook of much of it for months, and now am abstaining while still in the pit. That adds to the discomfort of working there. #)@^*@^ poison store. I feel angry and uncomfortable ringing up all that stuff.

Our pharmaceutical/processed non-food government at work. What a travesty of so many things on so many levels.

Cloudy with stiff breeze, looks like rain. Yesterday was summer. Today, not.
That is June in San Diego. June Gloom it is called. Summer here to stay starts in July and it gets Hot. Luckily, I am by ocean. I am very lucky to live where I live. Ocean Beach, the coolest place in San Diego!

Date: June 07, 2008 04:28PM

Sundancer, why don't you visit anymore?

Date: June 08, 2008 11:25PM

Had a difficult day yesterday of detoxification. I felt the draining, like a downward pull. Did not have much appetite and found it difficult to eat much at a time, even tho I was at work and feeling so weak and woozy.

This morning I had lost another pound! Hard to think straight, I am so sleepy. I woke up this a.m. at 2:30 and did not go back to sleep. I felt so good..at that hour. Work was painful, I do not function well on 3.5 hours sleep. Again, did not eat that much. Mango, banana; very small salad for lunch, cherries at breaktime. I just ate some tomato and lettuce and olives wrapped in corn tortilla. I may have a corn tortilla every day. I am thinking about slowing down the cleansing. It has been so uncomfortable at work. And I get so irritable.

The weight is coming off fast and with that there are a lot of symptoms as this fat is ushered out with all it contains, like poisons from ice cream, and the like. I lost 5 pounds last week and another pound yesterday.

Today bought cherries, 2 avos, mangoes, apricots, 1/2 watermelon.

Tomorrow day off and I can rest, after some hard days/daze. I intend to use the saladacco. Make juice, too. To alkalinize bloodstream.

I realise now I have no bananas. Oh no! I sure enjoyed the banana milk last night.

I have slight sore at corner of mouth, and an intermittent pain here and there. Still have dizziness and wooziness and sometimes an intermittent headache, not too bad. My urine is bright colour. Had very good elimination this morning...twice. The purge is in process. I'm hoping that tomorrow is a higher energy day. All in all, all is good. I need fortitude and patience. On the one hand, I am anxious for the fat to melt and on the other hand I am also wondering if things are going too fast. I'll see how the next few days go. I need to eat more than I've been eating the past couple days. I've brought food home, because I could only eat a little at a time. Tomorrow I hope to eat better, and maybe even add some well well chewed nuts.

Finished the Fuhrman book. Still reading the Jenssen book.

It is wonderful to be off work so early in day and to have tomorrow off. Big sigh of relief. I'm home. Quiet. Desire solitude. Ahhhhhhh...

Date: June 09, 2008 02:41AM

Just had the MOST DELICIOUS DELICIOUS TASTE : Canary Melon. Wow! Also a Santa Claus melon (?)...both are very good. The Canary melon melts in the mouth and is SOOOOOO sweet...exquisite.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 09, 2008 02:48AM

Hey Elakti -- I'm still here and I'm really glad you missed me! I've been really busy this last week with some cool stuff: I've been doing more training at work than usual, I just hung my first art show, and my oldest son came out to Mass. to visit me from your neck of the woods (he's in San Marcos). This past week wasn't a good raw week (50% instead of 80%), but your threads continue to inspire me, and this is a new week! I've been thinking a lot lately about needing a major cleanse and I think reading your experiences is going to help me to follow through. I'll keep you posted.
Sundancer

Date: June 09, 2008 05:34PM

Sundancer--glad to hear from you again and that there are such good things happening for you. That all helps! How long have you been on raw path? What kind of cleanse are you thinking about?

I slept like a log, but am still tired and feeling weakish, don't want to do anything but rest in bed---and I am really going to rest in bed and not be tempted to activity, doing this and that...I have NO ENERGY. I want to watch Dog Whisperer so I may lie down on couch for that. This sucks. I feel no energy, I feel that downward pulling sensation, what I call "The Drain". Slight headache, another pimply thing by mouth, can hardly keep eyes open to type. Elimination in morning is good, 2 x's.

Have had watermelon this morn, and a few cherries. Lemon Water by bed. I think my body is in a continuous cleansing mode. What can I do to stop it? Eat steamed vegetables? I do have some brussel sprouts and carrots and beet...maybe steam this and have with salad and tahini dressing. With avocado. I actually want to slow this down. I want to feel better and have an easier day at work. Am I thankful I am off today, I can hardly bear to be awake.

Back to bed.

Sundancer---don't let this discourage you!!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley I switched from all out full fledged extreme junk food to 99.9 raw on May 15. I'm both getting what I want and what I deserve! smiling smiley

Date: June 09, 2008 07:00PM

Ekakti,

Hello back! Yes, did have a great day, despite feeling a little off due to the high humidity we've been experiencing here lately. Was very busy catching up on a few things...And my friend is finally back home from the hospital after five weeks; she's very frail so happy to be back in her own bed again winking smiley

I didn't realise that you went from junky to almost all raw practically overnight - that's why you're having so much "fun"! I'd tried that few months before this (second) successful attempt in October, and I was switching from healthy vegan to raw and STILL had an awefully rough time; talk about cramps and living on the bathroom throne - my poor, sore bumm! So hard and perplexing that I took several steps back and did a whole lot more research before stepping out on this path again...

Regarding your bright urine (color) - that means that you need to get more hydrated; optimally you should see no color at all...

Date: June 09, 2008 07:47PM

Wow Elakti -- what Soroya said! I didn't know you were making such a drastic change so quickly either! I've been aware of the raw foods way for twenty-five years, but my diet has been all over the map in that time. I did raw in 1983 and 1984, but got pregnant in both years and started craving SAD, and with no support, fell out of it. I've always been concious of the effects of food on our bodies, and when raw foods started being more in people's awareness, I googled it (2004) and realized there was a whole new wave of it, with all the support, superfoods and info to go with it. I read all of Shazzie's blogs and though I was pregnant (again!!), went probably 60% raw. I've tried to always eat as much organic and whole foods as possible, and in Jan 2004 stopped eating meat for good (had been veg off and on for 30 years). So now I'm at 70-80% raw (100% today!), but as I get older, I feel the effects of any abuse (bad food, lack of exercise, alcohol -- I cannot get drunk, which is a good thing!) I inflict on my body much more strongly. As I tune in more to my body and especially my raging midlife hormones, I keep heading more into that 100% zone. My partner is an excellent cook, and I work in fine dining. These two things are my stumbling blocks to my goal of 100%. David is very supportive; I just choose to eat his delectable food at times.

So that's my basic story. It is still amazing to me the profound effects food has on our health. I really want to stay incredibly healthy. I was not a healthy child, and a lot of it was environmental. I tried to raise my grown kids to eat healthy, and the oldest one, a vegetarian, Buddhist surfer dude is very healthy. My other son is a new dad, so he's looking at food in a new light. My other daughter has a lot of medical problems, some I'm sure are a result of her diet. My little three year old probably eats 50-60% raw and is very healthy. So at 47, I really need to be healthy to chase the three year old!

As far as detox goes, I've done the Master cleanse and it has worked well for me. I'll probably do an agave version of that, and I feel like some colonics would do me good -- I've always had bowel issues as well.
Oh, geez -- I need to go to work! Take care!
Sundancer

Date: June 09, 2008 10:13PM

Thanks you two, both, for bringing me support, am so glad of to hear from you both.

My urine is usually clear, but just lately it has been a little more colourful (it also, I just thought, could be a yellow tinge from the enzyme capsules I am taking). You know, that is probably it.

Glad your friend is back home. How glad she must be. Hope she is recovering well.

Thanks, Sundancer, for the background on yourself...very cool. You have been making steady upward swing. A 3 year old! That will keep you on your toes, you practically need to be an athlete! "Buddhist Surfer Dude"~~~~~~~~that's great! smiling smiley

Unlike you, I have been on more of a teeter totter roller coaster of extremes (NOT good). You and Soraya are more like steady consolidaters and that is preferable. Of course, I plan to stay put now and even out my course, but at the moment am seemingly in a bit of a cleansing/adjustment mode. I really am looking forward to a good day again, with energy and no symptoms.

Slept again, woke up 1:00. Did some weeping. Emotional, sensitive~~~ restless mentally and emotionally. I feel so low on every level. I have a pain in right side. It comes and goes, sometimes weak and sometimes strong enough so that I have to put my fist into it for relief. I don't know what it is. Too high for colon, I think (especially since mine is Probably prolapsed, I'd be surprised if it weren't) altho' it could be, or maybe liver/gallbladder. Anyway, bottom line is I don't know and it doesn't matter anyway what I call it. I am not worried, it has to be cleansing discomfort of something. I am depressed (connected to this physical low energy) and wish I felt better. I feel mentally so heavy and I am so weak. I don't even have much appetite, except for Canary Melon, but there is no more ripe left. I have a big canteloupe that may be ripe, but should sit for another day just to be sure. I may cook some vegetables. Don't want to, don't want to do anything. I need rest pure and simple, and water. I have had a lot of gas today, maybe from melons I had last night. I want water. I want to drink water and I want to be in water. I would love to be in a lake or in the ocean, in the rain. I want water inside and out, flowing moving water. I want clean cells. I'm a Pisces (double) so I always have strong water images. I am happy to live right at the ocean, as it feeds me.

I don't have any cravings, thank God! Only for canary melon...and, also, for coffee, which I do have in morning, and sometimes even more. This could be cause of pain, too. Ah, who knows? I'm just doing the best I can, and I want to be stronger mentally to plow through work days while this goes on.

I feel like I could cry buckets. There is a feeling, a sad longing painful feeling of WANTING.

Date: June 10, 2008 01:19AM

I took a shower. smiling smiley

Have eaten a mango, apricot, prune. Later I ate small salad of butter lettuce and a tomato with tahini dressing.

Took a walk along cliffs, watched the patient surfers waiting for waves.

Will go to bed early. I don't even feel like reading. So tired. I need to accept this and go to sleep. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow!

If I eat again, it will be another mango. I will open the canteloupe tomorrow and hope it is a ripe breakfast.

Date: June 10, 2008 10:45AM

Good morning Elakti!!
Hope you are feeling better. I've noticed that when I detox my emotions give me a ride too (more than usual!). So where in the San Diego area do you live, if you don't mind my asking? My son lives in San Marcos and surfs in Carlsbad or La Jolla usually. so if you are ever out there and see a long haired, big (but not fat), gorgeous guy out there, wave (or send him a good vibe), because maybe it's my kid!

Date: June 10, 2008 10:46PM

Elakti!

Hang in there, sweetheart...and I'm seriously identifying with your longing painful feeling of WANTING; I have been SO there for a while, now...

Sundancer,

Great to read alittle more about you as well. Loved the picture of your fridge on the main board...yummmnnn!!! just seeing that watermelon and those oranges made me salivate...
Shoot, I think the fact that you are any degree raw in the atmosphere surrounding you (great cook for a partner, your job) should be celebrated; take each day and step as it comes, at your own speed. I'd say you (both) are doing great things; just remember to celebrate your victories and not beat yourself up over any real or perceived weaknessess...

Just poppin' by to say hello to you both. Have been spending time thrashing something out, and maybe I'll finally be up to posting in "my" blog tomorrow.

Sending you both lotsa lotsa love!

ME!!! winking smiley

Date: June 11, 2008 02:12AM

I felt good today! I look awake and I had good energy all day! Sweee-eeeeet!

This morning I ate 1/2 large cantloupe and a banana just before work.
Avocado at breaktime. Good salad at Italian restaurant with sundried tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and a little feta cheese and croutons. That deviation at this moment doesn't bother me, in fact I made a point to tell them I would include those today. Banana and prunes at last break.

Made vegetable juice when I got home. Carrots, celery, large cucumber, and handfulls of spinach. Soon will make a small salad, with avocado. My appetite is better today. Everything is better today. What a relief. I even had a good day at work. I hope I can go through the next couple days at work in same vein...no waste management symptoms. Tomorrow though I start the bentonite cleanses again, through Friday morning.

Thanks Soraya and Sundancer. Hello hello!

I'm more south. I live in a nice laid back beach area of San Diego, very nice. I am so thankful to live here.

Date: June 11, 2008 04:01PM

Fantastic BM this morning, big elimination! Colon is working much better. I've had coffee, (I'm back to coffee, but less than before). The other half of canteloupe and the cleanse shake. I'm holding weight now at 184. (17 pounds lost). That's fine, I hope to stay here for a couple more work days. When the weight falls, that's when I have the difficult days. I work til 9 and then turn around and get up at 5 to go back. Not a good thing. I need my sleep. I'll try to go right to bed, read for 30 minutes and go to sleep. That's the plan. Then I'm off fri and sat. Colonic on Fri. So there is reward at the finish of these work days. It's so funny how I look so forward to the colonic!!

I have bananas and mangoes and apricots. May make a smoothie. Take salad with me. If I have time, may make some juice. That vegetable juice may have had something to do with the extra good elimination this morning. It was not just yesterday's food that came out.

Last night, did have a good salad with 1/2 avocado and shredded zucchini with romaine and tahini dressing. Yesterday I enjoyed an appetite for first day in several.

Need to food shop again. Oh my. (I'm out of oranges!!!!)

Current Page: 11 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables