Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 7 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: June 05, 2007 02:45AM

Yay for quick healing miss resiliant

xoxo,
Starfruit

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 05, 2007 03:10AM

I hope I am resilient after today! What a day...I MUST have been detoxing the bad blood thing I had...miserably depressed all day, could not do anything, stayed in bed most day, watching tv, turning it off, turning it on again, and off....and periodically I just sobbed. Just something about that blood poisoning circulating, the detox of it only I am sure...that is making me so abysmally depressed. I am not sick, just depressed and the lethargy and blaaahdom to the nth degree that comes with it. Temporary, but yuck, what a wasted day. When I cried--I just let it out, just to release, I milked it!

So. I did eat a lot of fruit today and a small simple 3-ish ingredient salad. I had orange, banana, watermelon, canteloupe, papaya, raisins. I will have oranges soon. And go to sleep soon. I just feel like the world is turning into a black hole and I am being sucked into it. Lovely, eh? I sure hope this has passed when I wake up tomorrow. It is 8, and I am going to sleep. Yes, oranges and sleep....yes yes yes.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 05, 2007 04:47AM

hey there...well what an awesome day of detox that is fantastic!! way to go..even though you feel yucky and seemed to have a tough day you had a lot of releases..emotionally and that is awesome!!
keep up the good day and have a great day!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 05, 2007 03:05PM

And emergence out of the other side of the tunnel! Thank God. I feel better. I do think it was detox in my blood stream from the blood poisoning...whatever chemical processes my body did to handle the rusted tool and reverse the blood poisoning...I think that was circulating around...maybe not...who knows. Makes sense to me. And I had such plans for accomplishments yesterday. Oh well, it had to be. I'm just grateful I didn't have worse repercussions from that.

Yesterday I also had cherimoya and half of a melon, undetermined type...it was very sweet and juicy.

Am eating the other half of it this morning...waiting for it to get more room temp. I don't like cold fruit.

I have half watermelon that I will cut up and take to work, along with bananas and raisins and small salad of lettuce and red pepper.

Sorry, EA, I couldn't call you yesterday. Will call this eve.
My roomie gets back home tomorrow, after over 2 months away. I enjoyed the solitude, but I will be v happy, too, to see her again. My little dogpie will jump out of her skin with delirious joy.

Oh, and on the other side of the tunnel...another pound lost, hooray! Now weigh 172. Love it. Am wearing a skirt I haven't worn for months and months.
smiling smiley)))))))

Date: June 05, 2007 06:31PM

hey there...glad you are feeling better that is awesome!! yay..and wearing a skirt you haven't worn in forever that is always a great feeling too!! ooh yeah i had melon for breakfast a few moments ago..well like an hour haha..but anyways it was so juicy..thoses melons you recommended that are full of juice haha...they get EVERYWHERE soooo messy haha...
anyways keep up the good work and have a great day!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 06, 2007 01:40AM

Complete list of today's food:
1/2 melon
2 bananas
small salad--lettuce, a little bit of avocado I bought at subway, a few little pieces of crookneck squash
large salad just completed--huge platter of greens, 1 celery rib, 1/4 tomato, 1/4 red bell pepper, red onion
Later, when hungry, will have some melon. Or just oranges or juice.

Felt great today! I think that's it for recovery from my rust. Only slept 7 hours, but it was very good sleep, and I am going to get more tonight. At least, that's The Plan.

Watching French Open now. Wizard Federer is on.

In a way, I am glad I had that demonstration of my body's ability to take care of the blood poisoning. I had wondered about the level of my vitality, given the years of sometimes serious abuse (at least though,vegetarian since age 16 thank God) and my age, and wondering how much vitality I can recover. Well, this was a powerful indication to me that I do have vitality and I am all the more impressed by the self-healing of the body. Most people would have run to the hospital for a tetanus shot. Gold stars to the self-healing power of the body! Gold stars to me for doing raw...and my committment to not turn back.

Date: June 06, 2007 06:57AM

Hey there...well sounds like you had a great day and now are enjoying a relaxing evening..well you are long asleep now haha...
take care and have a wonderful day!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 06, 2007 02:58PM

Hi Earthangel, yes, I was going to call you, and I did fall asleep quite early and got a humdinger dose of healing sleep! I feel WONDERFUL!

My housemate gets back in this evening...looking forward to seeing her again, I've missed her. We'll have gabbing to do (I may not call tonight, EA...no rush, right? to transfer computer? I hope we can get together for lunch soon!)

I ate a very ripe delicious Galia...aren't they goo-ooood?

Ah, the sun is out!!!! It IS San Diego, after all!

Someone I know at work is a vegetarian and does raw periodically...I thought she was trying to BE raw, but she was just doing it to lose some weight ...but in talking with her, she started to get the idea that it was a lifestyle, that people attempt to eat like this all the time...she was so surprised and excited...silly goose!...so I gave her info on these websites. She has a lot of reading and discovering to do!

The person who is picking up our friend at the airport is going to bring me a watermelon, avocados (I told him about 12, please!), and papayas. He found them all real cheap. So I am looking forward to this delivery. A couple days, at work, I got some sides of avo at Subway sandwiches. They used to see me a lot, smiling smiley. You know, the 'lose weight by subway commercials'? I could do one too: I STOPPED eating subway and lost 14 pounds!"

Do I ever feel good today...ahhhhhh. Phenomenal sleep. Delicious Galia melon.
Refreshed blood.

I have to go to work. I must pack. smiling smiley

Elakti

Date: June 06, 2007 03:23PM

P.S.

Last eve. I had a banana and a papaya. I've had some really good papayas lately. Nice flavor. And this last batch of nanners from People's is so good, a very nice flavor. To me, there is a HUGE difference between organic and inorganic bananas. I usually can hardly eat one that is not organic. The organic ones to me have such a distinctive 'inner round flavor', I can't explain it better than that.

Date: June 07, 2007 01:10AM

Quick post, housemate returning soon.

I had bananas, and red delicious apple this morning, and have had 3 salads...I was craving greens all day. Must be wanting minerals.

Will eat more later, probably another salad (!) or fruit. Celery sounds good.

and oranges.

I feel really well. I realised this morning that I have not had that toxic heat anymore that I complained about when I first began this. I am almost always a comfortable temperature. I always hated that toxic heat thing, from junk food.

So! Here's another raw day and everything is just getting better!

Am looking forward to seeing my friend again, she's been away for nearly 3 months. Magpie doggie is going to go CRAZY!!

Date: June 07, 2007 04:32AM

Yup, the little kid went bananas when she saw our friend again. Me too!

I had another salad! In salad: red leaf (garden) romaine (garden), turnip (garden), tomato, squash, celery, red onion, red pepper...all yummy yummy. I think that is 4 salads today. Craving! So delicious, just scarfing them up. I think it is aftermath of blood thing...want minerals galore.

A. brought me the avocados, maradol papaya, watermelon, corn. Oh, and corn in the salad, it was a nice addition. Oh, and a few raisins for the element of surprise. Big "kitchen sink" salad. smiling smiley I had 3 helpings. Just bonkers for salad today.

Signing out,
Elakti

Date: June 07, 2007 05:55AM

Hey there hun...well you did great today..that ton of salad sounds so yummy..i love greens..plain greens..they are soo good smiling smiley...no hurry with the computer just by june 21st or so would be great because that is when i am moving and i don't want to try and haul it as well..so it is up to you whenever you can get it...if i am ever going to be in ob i will let you know...i don't really go there much ever haha actually i think i have been there 2 times since last october smiling smiley
well glad your roomie is back!! keep up the good work
love earthangel
oxoxoxoxoooxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 07, 2007 07:20PM

Thanks, EA, and glad to hear we have some time...but., I do hope we don't have to wait THAT long to get together for lunch...smiling smiley

Not much time right now..
Had usual banana when I first got up. Now I am working on a large watermelon that is really tasty...I'm almost halfway through it. So refreshing, satisfying, sweet water. Love it.

Later I will have a salad to pull me back to earth. smiling smiley
My little kiddo got stung by bee on her foot or leg. She is sleeping. I keep checking on her, I think she will be ok. Whew.

Date: June 08, 2007 02:39AM

yummy food as always. glad you got out of detox and are doing so well!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 08, 2007 03:49AM

She's fine. Her leg was sore and she couldn't put weight on it for awhile, but she.....(insert drum roll) refused her breakfast and only wanted to sleep. Smart "natural hygiene" animals, right? Her body was dealing with something and she fasted and slept and healed.

banana champagne mango 1/2 large watermelon (very good) orange juice (about 8 Valencias, throughout day) small salad (only lettuce and tiny avocado) 2 x's
a few walnuts celery w/ tad bit of almond butter

will probably have oj later before bed
I love it.

Feel good.

No detox, no cravings. Except for cherries, valencias, avos, good things! I'm counting my blessings while I can, before the next challenge that comes my way. Need to shop. No olives, no a lot of things. That is why my salads are so simple. Which is a good thing, but I'm not ready for that steadily. I still like a multi ingredient salad once a day.

Am not staying on computer long this time either so...to those I usually check in with...take good care, hope all is well with you.

my books have not arrived yet

Elakti

Date: June 08, 2007 05:48AM

hey there good day..food sounds yummy
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 09, 2007 12:48AM

Banana Whole canteloupe

Banana Lots of Cherries

Salad romaine, iceberg lettuce, 3 olives, 3 cauliflower florets, 1/2 tomato, teensie beensie avocado

Now 5:30 so will be eating more. Probably another salad or some fruit.
Watching tv last night brought out some salivation...commercials for IHOP and pizza. sigh I fantasized for a few minutes...a waffle...oh lord how I would love a waffle. I also remembered how it would make me feel.

So today did some shopping with my friend, R., and bought a few things at Henry's and Trader Joe's including some non organic cherries that were real cheap. She got lots "goodies" and opened some honey barbecue chips which were one of my very recent favorites ... that's when I started downing the cherries, unwashed, so what, just kept eating!

Later, at People's I got a few expensive organic ones...so much better, tastier.

I ate the good salad when I got home. Afterwards had quick thought of cookie, but it was an intense craving. I had a level tsp of almond butter, and it tasted so sweet, and that was all I needed. So far so good. But, I feel a little imposed upon by cravings of "comfort food". They seem to be rearing their ugly little tentacles. I think a good antidote this evening will be a nice bowl of guacamole and celery.

Well, time a little limited so I am signing out, cannot dilly dally too much throughout forums.

Elakti

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: June 09, 2007 03:18AM

Hey there Elakti !! Glad to see you've pulled through your detox beautifully !!! Good for you on resisting those cookies and chips !! And weight loss to boot - you are doing great !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 09, 2007 10:03AM

Hey there hun..yay you for getting through that cookie and chips..keep up the good work!!
love earthangel
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 10, 2007 01:51AM

yay for resisting temptation

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 10, 2007 02:15AM

Yeah, yah for me. I remember now that sometimes sudden intense cravings can come upon me out of the blue, like a jab. I have pretty much a "NO OPTION" mentality. Grab fruit, make guac.

Today, if I remember: banana, cherries, plums, one honey date, watermelon and two salads. Will eat fruit later when 'hungry for something'.

All is well. Going along, and unbothered by detoxing. Fine!

Not spending so much time on computer, maybe one day soon I will have a long session and catch up with journals.

Fairly busy at work. Fairly good mood.

OH!! My books came today! So, I am looking forward to SOON getting in bed and reading. Want to go to sleep earliesh, though, so will try to pace myself and enjoy the books for a while, instead of devouring them like I usually do.

Take care, and hello to whoever reads. Hello Earthangel, Monark, and Starfruit!

Elakti

Date: June 10, 2007 08:18AM

hey there..glad you are having a good peaceful day!! keep up the good work and keep resisting temptation!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 11, 2007 12:28AM

Bananas, blueberries
Salad romaine, iceberg, tomato, bell pepper,dressing
plums
1/2 maradol papaya, large cherimoya

I read Essie Honiball book, enjoyed it. Am third way through 811...really enjoying it. I now realise more how much fat I have in my salads.

I am going to try for more fruit and less fat in salad dressings. I must have my avocados, and still so into olives. But, perhaps I can reduce fat in salad dressings. I am going to try to make some changes, if I can.

I am planning a short fast, want to get off coffee.

Elakti

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: June 11, 2007 02:48AM

Hiya Elakti !

You are doing so well - good for you !! I love to devour books as well LOL LOL !!

I've also been spending less time at the computer - I've been getting my life back in order and getting things done that I've gotten SOOO behind on - my apartment is starting to look liveable again LOL LOL - I'm also in school - so gotta focus on that, too - so much to catch up on !!

Trying to get myself into a good routine for keeping up with everything - once that is going well, I'll have more time for posting smiling smiley In the meantime, I'm working my way through my wonderful weekly box of veggies smiling smiley. Whatever I don't get a chance to eat - I will juice and drink smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: June 11, 2007 10:00AM

hey there...sounds like you had a good day with the food..good for you going off coffee!! when you take that step we will all be here for ya!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 11, 2007 04:06PM

oh devouring books that sounds very tempting today gym or....

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: June 11, 2007 10:45PM

hey elakti...how is the 811 book coming?? i really want to order it and see if it would help me..maybe when we get together for lunch you can bring and i can look at it or something?? if you want...that would be great...
well we need to get together soon anyway!!
love earthangel
xooxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 12, 2007 02:02AM

I love this book. He is natural hygienist, and his emphasis on the overemphasis of fat is outstanding. I know how to tweak my food consumption! And it won't be easy. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to feel comfortable with this. I started already. Yesterday I had usual very fatty salad dressing (I had not realised how much fat was in it!) and one avocado. But, last night, instead of another one of those salads, I had fruit. And I found that I was craving avocado, but I didn't have one. I just had more fruit.

Today I took a salad to work, without dressing! I was going to eat it around 12:45 or 1:00, but couldn't get away until 1:30, by which time I was really grumpy with painful stomach (not hunger, but miserable stomach pains) and by which time this salad was delicious. I mashed the avocado throughout the salad so it was like my fatty dressing!

Yes, EA, I will bring the book when we meet. I don't know when though, when are you leaving?!?

I am getting so much from reading this book. I believe he is right about the percentages, and fact that most rawfooders are consuming incredible amounts of fat. I thought I was doing ok, except for the avocados. I don't eat nuts but rarely, and then just a few. But, the salad dressings!!!!!

I need to do more shopping! Only have one banana left. My friend gave me a bag of oranges from her tree, that is super.

Last night I had a banana, and oranges, and 1/2 galia melon.

Today I had 2 bananas, cherimoya, honey mango, celery for b/f.
Lunch: romaine, iceberg, 1 tomato, 1 avocado, bit of red pepper.
---grapes, banana, 3 oranges
---1/2 galia melon

Will eat more fruit later.

no more time
Elakti

Date: June 12, 2007 07:30AM

Hey there...welll yay for you..i am glad you are enjoying your book and sticking with the plan...it interests me..but fruitarianism interests me even more...but i would love to read on the book a little..i don't leave until september1st or so..but i move out of my apartment this week....

well i hope all is well with you..if you still want this computer let me know..i am moving out this week.....
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 14, 2007 12:22AM

I want to yak and jabber and think out loud, tapping on the keyboard, but I don't have the time!

All is well. I may fast. I want to....but, at same time, I am so excited about 'tweaking my eating' that I want to continue eating too! LOL.

..I do think a short fast would do me a world of good.

No overt fat today at all! (...yet..... may have a little avo on a salad, soon)

Current Page: 7 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables