Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 5 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 25, 2007 03:57AM

hey elakti want to meet up this weekend or coming week??
let me know
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 25, 2007 05:06PM

Hi Earthangel---how about next fri or sat for lunch at People's? I have to work the next 5 days...ugh!...and fri will be the first day I will feel like leaving the house again. Either of those 2 days ok? It is really weird that I have to work 5 days in a row....and I am dreading it (because of the transportation woes).

Went to bed late last night (11:15, couldn't keep awake for rest of Daily Show) and woke up at 6:30 in a drenching sweat...so hot! Ugh, and the sweat was just rolling out of me. Body at work. Had major eliminations (3! about 15 minutes apart...good colon activity!) Down another 1/2 pound, so 175.5.

Also have a patch of eczema on hand, and on elbow, all scaly and itchy. What IS this? Some sort of elimination but it seems so dorky. (and hatefully annoying!). I think it must be some kind of acidic salts or something coming out. Dead cells, or matter from carbos and sugars...the stuff I have in these extra fat cells I have. I just hope it doesn't get carried away with this method of release. I'd rather @#$%&, LOL. I'd rather sneeze or blow my nose. I hate itching.

Moving along...I had a cherimoya this morning that was so beautifully ripe I realise I ate a couple of them prematurely by a day or two. This was so soft I thought it may be bad, but it was perfect. Instead of peeling, I just cut it in half widthwise and spooned it out...like pudding! (those seeds sure are a pain in the butt!). It's a much better method.

Also, last night, after a nice bath, I ate a mango that was so ripe the skin was wrinkly. I thought it would be overripe...it was just in time...and it was so good. I haven't been too into mangos this year, but this one was very good. The first time I went raw I discovered mangos and they were my Favorite ... and this time, not so. Now it is papayas and cherimoyas...and always Valencias and watermelons!

I took little baby for a walk, probably about 4 miles. Had a banana during walk. When we got home she had water and I had a papaya...so good.

I feel miserable when I think of 5 days of work ahead of me. It's the long trips to and fro. I may resume my study of russian, and study on the bus to soak up the time. I want to get back to it. Beautiful language (I know some russian people and I love languages)...most difficult ---tear-your-hair-out difficult---grammar in the UNIVERSE!!!! It is unbelievable, so hard it seems like a cosmic joke of sorts. So, it is challenging and interesting! So maybe goji berries and russian grammar will keep me occupied on the expeditions to and from work.

Ta ta.

Date: May 25, 2007 09:33PM

CAUTION!!!: Not for the weak or squeamish! (LOL)

I WANT BUTTER! I WANT TOAST! I want to sit down at a table, with baggy pants with elastic waistband, heh heh, with english muffins, a toaster, and a pound of butter and strawberry jam. Oh, sheeeesh, such a strong craving I can hardly stand it. It isn't leaving. Maybe its the patch of excema on my hand and elbow, heh heh. Actually, I can't remember the last time I had english muffins (I can see them so clearly, damn), it would be more understandable to walk in my sleep and dial pizza huts' number. Anyway-----so be it. This is what is happening. *It's not all cherries.*

I feel depressed. It is cold outside, I am freezing and can hardly get warm unless I am in bed with the heater on even. And I feel so down. And why do I think english muffins slathered in butter is what I want? There is something else, I think I'll take a relaxing and focusing bath and see if it will float to the surface.

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 25, 2007 10:05PM

((((((((Elakti))))))))))))

You've reached the point where you are clearing old english muffins and butter out of your system smiling smiley smiling smiley

Hang in there, sweetie smiling smiley smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 26, 2007 02:17AM

For lunch I had a salad with romaine, tomatoes, shredded beet (garden), sunflower sprouts.

Hours later I had a bowl of sliced banana covered with soaked gogi's topped with coconut.

Much later, dinner: made a salsa of tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, celery, red pepper, red onion. I was going to eat in romaine leaves, but remembered the salad I had in refrigerator so I got a bowl of that and topped it with the salsa. Added more sunflower sprouts.

I will have orange juice later this eve. Hope to go to bed early, or no later than 10. That will give me at least 8 hours. Took a nice warm bath and feel warm.

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 26, 2007 02:27AM

I hope your feelinfg better. Those cravings can be scary. hang in there dear.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 26, 2007 02:52AM

hey dear..next week sounds good..this weekend is not good either haha..i have to get my things packed and situated...my roomie is out of town so it is perfect....i can have things scattered everywhere without being in the way haha..and i do believe me smiling smiley
well hun hang in there..those cravings are scary but you are doing great!!!
hmm i don't like papayas they taste bland to me..hmm!! maybe i need a GOOD one haha
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 26, 2007 02:52PM

Hi. Thanks for good words, gals. Yeah, that was the strongest cravings I've had yet. I was definitely in a low emotional state yesterday, concerns over work and money and such, gnawing at me. I got on top of them, sort of...reset priorities and took more philosophical view. We'll see how long it lasts, heh heh.

Slept a very acceptable 8.5 hours (lights out 9:45) and feel pretty good, refreshed. Cut into a honeydew I suspected was not ready, I was right. Drat!
Not too hungry, will take fruit for the journey in....that is bothering me too, and I just need to get over it. It isn't THAT bad, I'm just being bratty about it. I just hate it, that's all. Need to rearrange that attitude. Damn, I hate having to readjust attitude. I just want to get to work fast. In car, it is 15, 20 minutes. In cab, it is $30.00. On bus, etc, 2 hours. Then, I don't have much job satisfaction either. I've really got to try again to get into People's.

I still am 57 years old and look it, but oh my is my skin getting smooth! And it is nice not having that bloated look on my face, hands.

So, carry on! (I have NO desire for toast, thank goodness)

Date: May 27, 2007 12:25AM

hey hun...aww sorry you are having a rough day and don't want to get to work..that is tough...i oculdn't imagine taking the bus to work everyday only because i pick the girls up from school and run them around to different thing so i couldn't smiling smiley....but it is ough i am sure...good luck today and smile!! you are doing so well on the raw thign soon you will be happy in all aspects of life..and of course try to get into people's again!!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 27, 2007 12:57AM

What I was mostly craving yesterday, above the bread, literally and figuratively, was the BUTTER. So, today at work I was offered butter cookies (which I really could consume like nobody's business) and I said, "no, thanks" and she said, "They are so buttery!" Well, it is a good thing today wasn't yesterday....she may have lost a finger.

This morning I had a banana and another banana and an orange.

I had a small salad at 1:00.

An hour or so later, a couple dates.

Home, I had a large salad---the usual, but added lots sunflower sprouts and some yellow squash. And 3 sundried olives. Super hungry, super good!

Having a cup of chamomile tea, I want coffee (baa-aaad) but cannot.

Will have orange juice later.

I am out of avocados, 2nd day without. Need avocados!!!!! Maybe that's why I had the butter haunting.

Date: May 27, 2007 03:38AM

WTG on passing up those *(#*&^$ cookies smiling smileysmiling smiley and the coffee !!! You GO girl !!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 27, 2007 05:15AM

hey there congrats on doing so well with the cooki today!! keep up the good work dear!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 27, 2007 03:29PM

slept 8.5 hours and could've slept more...I ran into the alarm clock! I never sleep to the alarm clock; in fact, have only been putting it on in case I can sleep that long (it is set to hour past time I usually get up).

Haven't eaten yet, only juiced one valencia. Opened a cherimoya that wasn't ready, now I ruined it. Must've been still half asleep to make that mistake.

Will eat bananas, raisins, apples. Still waiting on a galia and honeydew to be riper. Really running out of food, no avocados, no tomatoes, no more oranges, very low on romaine...omg...need to shop after work, what a bummer. But I'll be so happy and such a piggy when I get home! I want guacamole!

I lost (good bye!) the other half pound to 175. So I've lost 11 pounds. Am not losing as much as I usually do, but I know why, and it is a huge dark secret.

That said, I've got to boogie.

Date: May 27, 2007 10:19PM

Hey there hun....well could that weight loss slowing down be the big dark secret of coffee smiling smiley....that would happen it would slow down the weightloss!!!! hmm so maybe start one day and slowly throw it out?? or keep it up and feel good about all the other good things you are doing for your body!!
have a good day and have fun shopping at people's i wish i had time to do anything i am packing my life away smiling smiley
have a great day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 28, 2007 02:22AM

Yay for not giving into cravings. I need to be more like you hhee

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 28, 2007 02:47AM

Well, I had a good day, good energy, a little irritable at end of day but a fantastic salad took care of that.

I had 2 bananas early. At one I had a salad during my break. (the usual) I ate it too fast, like a shark or something, and didn't feel so good for awhile. On way home, I ate some raisins, that's all I had with me. Tasty.

I stopped at a market on way home, a regular market that is right on the bus stop so I could just return to stop and catch very next bus. I bought AVOCADOS (8) and a few tomatoes and romaine. First non-organic for ages and ages, but they taste ok. (how much cheaper!) Avocados I don't mind if they are not organic because they are thick skinned, and I don't think they're much messed with because I don't think they are pest-messed-with. So I ate an avocado at the bus stop since I had been deprived for TWO DAYS!

I made a humungous salad. Platter. Literally put it on a small platter...lots of romaine, a whole tomato, red pepper slivers, red onion, cucumber bits, and half a small beet shredded. I made a thin avocado tomato dressing, like loose guacamole, and put that on top. It was beeeeutiful, and I thought, I can't eat all this! And I did. Man, was it good. I ate every speck and was so satisfied.

I just got back from raiding the orange tree here, which had some left-overs way up high. So, I got an oar and was whacking them off the tree...the tree didn't want to let go! I split two of them open and it was raining orange juice on my head! That just made me more determined...Juicy! I got 9 of them, for my nightly cap off the day oarange juice.

I am thinking of fasting again, possibly. After this 5 day stint at work, I have 3 days off. I may or may not...but somehow I think I WANT to, altho' I will miss this delicious food. I feel fine. Which is a nice time to fast. I'm not a habitual faster, I just do feel drawn to do another shorty. But, if I do, I am a little afraid it will put me in detox mode even after I break it. I am so happy not to be going through any detox right now, and am perfectly happy to coast a bit, especially with all these work days.

My little patch of psoriasis or whatever label did not flare up today at all. Yesterday it did once, for about 30 minutes it itched like crazy and I scratched it bloody. The patch on my elbow seems to be over, it is smoothening out, all quiet. This I can accept. It is some sort of bodily elimination.

Sort of like little channels where my body is spitting out, "Ptuuuiiiiii".

Watching French Open. Love tennis. Nothing like hitting that ball really really hard, and it feels like nothing but hitting a bubble if the execution and timing is perfect.

What a way to live. Maybe later, when I get cleaner, and more focused.

Date: May 28, 2007 09:41AM

hey hun..yay for you doin so well today!! and no avo's are okay conventional...on alist of 20 items to eat or not eat organic if you can't afford avo's are the last on the list of all things...so they are the safest smiling smiley
enjoy....
take care hun and have a wonderful evening!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 28, 2007 03:36PM

Slept 9 hours 15 minutes! wow. And I am not a "sleeper"...I cannot go without sleep, but I'm not one of those people who love to sleep just to escape, for example. I am very much a night owl, and can easily go nocturnal if I am not working. But since I have made a concerted effort to allow myself sleep if I can, due to this *transition*, I have benefited. I'm sure, I know, it is helping my body do so much of its work.

Galia melon. Ripe. smiling smiley

Wow, I can't believe the 7 week challenge is going into 3rd week. So, I am going into about a month or so raw. Good deal. Finally, I am on my way again.
This has helped, all this posting and checking in here, reading online, reading on the bus. I am rereading one of my all time favorite books...
Awakening Our Self-Healing Body by Art BAker. I wanted to get another copy, from LivingNutrition, but it is not listed. Must email the publisher or something, call LivingNutrition. It is a phenomenal outstanding writing about Natual Hygiene. The principles of NH are so simple and beautiful. Our body is self maintaining, self regenerating, self healing. Remove the toxins, eat our natural biologically appropriate diet, get sunshine, good sleep, fresh air, etc, and allow the body to do its thing. So simple and beautiful. My mind gets in the way, the detox gets difficult and confusing, but I believe in the principles. Now, to persevere....

Oh, gotta run to the bus stop soon. 3 more days. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
At least, I have avocados. and some oranges. I only ate two more last night, so I have about 6 left. Or maybe 7, I still had a couple when I ransacked the tree with an oar. There are still a few on tree, way up on the top. Mmmmmm.

Date: May 28, 2007 06:43PM

Hmmm.......great job with the oar !!!! LOL You may need to start tree-climbing smiling smiley smiling smiley

I'm reading a book that goes into natural hygiene as well - just give the body what it needs and it will heal itself smiling smiley smiling smiley YES !!! It's called How Long Do You Chose To Live by Peter Ragnar. There's a pic of him on the cover - he looks to be late 40's - but if you do some math based on things he mentions in his book(he won't tell anyone his age), he has to be at least late 80's early 90's - maybe older smiling smiley smiling smiley Here's the pic smiling smiley

[www.roaringlionpublishing.com]

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 28, 2007 09:49PM

Hey darlin..YAY you for doing so well and getting through your days!! i know it is hard for you to catch the bus but you take it so well!! keep up the good work..and keep your energy high and say to yourself i will get the job at people's not i hope i will..use your own energy and power to get that job by believing you will!!!
have a fabulous day my dear!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 29, 2007 03:11AM

I just had a large salad with romaine, baby spinach, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumbers, and a few sundried olives. I was so hungry. I didn't have that much to eat during day and I worked hard today, and even did some chores when I got home from work (before eating).

I really want some blueberries. I'm glad I have some oranges. I want sweet juicies. I have a canteloupe for breakfast tomorrow, which I CAN SMELL...it is going to be good. I have not had that much sweet fruit today and I am beginning to DESIRE some! smiling smiley Oranges should hit the spot!

Or I could eat the canteloupe later and really be happy and then mad at myself tomorrow morning. Which? We'll see! Oh, what a difficult decision ... today was a good day!

Date: May 29, 2007 05:04AM

haha glad you had a wonderful day!! decisions decisions onthat fruit!! i am sure no matter when you eat it it will be wonderful and sweet!! enjoy it!!
love earthangel
xoxoxxooxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 29, 2007 01:06PM

A month is such an accomplishment! COngrats!

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 29, 2007 03:38PM

Yeah, at the end of our 3rd week on challenge I will have about a month. I'm at about 23 days. One fraction of a second, considering all the cleansing I have to do...hope my body has the vitality to go into deep cleansing. (and not too rapidly! I might add) Patience, patience, day by day.

Papaya first thing this morning. Now, a couple hours later, I am into the luscious LUSCIOUS canteloupe! Wowie zowie.

Yesterday when I walked in, I could SMELL the canteloupe....that's the very nice thing about them....They TELL you when they are ripe! They really speak in fragranzeez. And what a pure colour, it looks like there is light in it, beautiful colour.

The more I read all the questionings on the main forum, the more thankful I am into natural hygiene. So simple.

It is interesting, too, I was thinking this morn., that since I have been all raw for this short time, I have hardly even had a smoothie. No juices. Just food. But, I may juice some this weekend. And I have not forsaken smoothies or my dear (dear and costly) Vita Mix. But, I thought about that this morning, and went , mmmm, interesting. Rather just eat this food. And I made a tomato soup in the first week I think, and didn't really enjoy it. I'd rather eat the tomatoes, and eat a few pine nuts, and eat whatever else was there. I like salads and romaine 'sandwiches' or wraps.

So, I must persevere with this, and gradually get to the point where I can eliminate the coffee and whatever. I am not going to push anything "extra" at this point in time, too early days yet. Three months --maybe, for the coffee-- we'll see. I know what I am up against. I know this is newbie's-ville and transition for a long long time. I look at it sort of like tennis...which is not easy...you're a beginner for at least a year. I am considering my age, my condition, my habits, my emotional/mental addiction to sugar, fat, starch (cooked, of course) and I know I have years of transition ahead of me, physically and emotionally and mentally. Day by day. I am so grateful to be back on the path of rawfoods though, natural hygiene. 23 days! That's both GREAT and NOTHING!

Today is another day! I am taking salad, as usual, and bananas, and apple, and raisins to work with me. I am equipped for another raw day and am v v v happy about it!

Date: May 29, 2007 07:50PM

Hey there yay for you going 23 days that is awesome!! good luck and take your time with the coffee if you aren't ready you aren't ready..natural hygeine so you don't use any types of soaps or things like that?? what do you do just water or wha??
that is interesting i don't think i oculd do that! too much for me haha
good luck have a great day!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 30, 2007 03:34AM

I love your description of melon

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 30, 2007 04:53AM

I had so much energy today...the work day went by in a flash, and I worked hard in the garden when I got home. I just have so much energy! I am wondering if I am in for a detox, as this frequently happens. The body seems at a high energy point and then uses it for detox.

It is almost 10:00 and I must get in bed. I do detect a slight falling of energy, I am waning into relaxation, which is a good thing.

Tomorrow I work, but then I have 3 days off. I may fast, I am not sure. I want to. Or do watermelon....I am craving watermelon.

No icky cravings...hallelujah!...just crave sweet fruits (and avocados and tomatoes smoooshed together).

I posted food on 7 week challenge....canteloupe, small salad, large salad, then a few ribs of celery and handful of raisins and several Deglet Noor dates. The salads were more simple, like 3 or 4 ingredients.

Am re reading the Art Baker book on the bus to and from work. Amazing. Beautiful. Fantastic. So inspiring and motivating.

I am definitely on the right track.

So, I have enjoyed this day of feeling so very very very good. They aren't all like this, heh heh. So I REALLY enjoyed it!

Can't wait to get home tomorrow...I've worked 5 days in row and I am so ready to be home for 3 days. I am going to get a watermelon or two either tomorrow or next morning, also more melons, and I do want blueberries so much (I hope they are still around)...or cherries, but I want BLUE!

OMG, it's bedtime, I've got to get into sleep mode, soon! Now!

Date: May 30, 2007 05:19AM

hey there hun...yay you are almost done with your 5 days of work and off! that is exciting time to roam your garden and go to people's and relax!! take care of yourself and have awonderful night!!
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 31, 2007 03:14AM

Glad you had such a good day. How refreshing after being in detox mode

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 31, 2007 04:02AM

Ah, finally.......I made it. Now for 3 days off. Whewwww! (I'm not used to working 5 days in a row. And, get this, my little dog actually growled at me a little bit the last 2 days when I said good bye...good grief! I was so surprised...just this little bitty growl, but a growl nevertheless. I told her No, but that was her expression of anger and sadness because I was leaving her again for another whole day. She is only 6 lb, but a lot of personality. Ahem!)

I was so very very very tired today, didn't sleep well at all. I think I was excited about finally arriving at my last day and literally couldn't fall asleep. I was also very up up up all day, and couldn't quite turn off.

Food:
papaya, small red delicious, raisins

small salad with only red leaf, romaine, and one avocado

Dinner- larger salad, same, with some left over tomato salsa

Hungry later--smoothie with banana, goji berries, coconut

I am so out of food. I need oranges something fierce. I need fruit.

Weight: 174
12 pound loss. So many more to go.

I am thinking about getting the book 80-10-10. Also want to read the book by Essie Honiball, "I Only Eat Fruit".
These both are along Natural Hygiene lines. So, am thinking about the Graham book. I love to read books on rawfoodism, especially "Natural Hygiene"...simplicity, understanding and cooperating with natural laws, no supplementation, no imposing of remedies and cleanses, etc.
...altho' I still have some questions which I may write about when I am not so exhausted, try to sort through it here in this journal.

Oh, EARTHANGEL, I use soap and shampoo...and lately, even deodorant! These days I need to when I go to work. But, later, I won't have to.

Current Page: 5 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables