Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 15, 2007 06:34PM

hehe were fruity heheh =p so what ?! we celebrate odd things here ..

i for one am not fecalphobic winking smiley what goes in must come out =p

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 15, 2007 06:44PM

hahaha your the best

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 16, 2007 02:51AM

hey hun..glad you had a wonderful morning with lots of toxin cleanings!! take care hun
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:57AM

I had a very good day today, good energy, felt bubbly. Compared to yesterday, wow, what a flip side.

It seems like I ate a lot for dinner, but now I am hungry again. I don't feel bad about having 2 1/2 avocados today...I was craving them. Probably craving the fat. Right now, these early days, it is nothing but a good thing. Good fat, with elements I can use. I was eating much much worse fat very recently. It was delicious.

Already posted food so I'm not going to here. The snack I had on bus while coming home from work---gogi berries and raisins. It was an enjoyable combination.

All is well.

Am I going to eat something else? I could eat that dinner all over again! It was so good! I made the 2 avocado guacamole and ate with leaves of romaine, more tomato and celery.

I wish I had papayas. That is another craving, besides avocados and melons.

Date: May 16, 2007 08:22AM

Hey hun...wow you sound like you had a great dinner!! sounds sooo yummy!! good for you doing so well..i am soo happy for you and proud!! keep up the good work and have a wonderful day tomorrow..let me know about tomorrow night!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 16, 2007 12:25PM

Yum! Yeah just listen to your body you know. If yu really are hungry for more then eat more. When i have a craving i usually wait for like 10 minutes to see if i really want it or not if i do then i let myself.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 16, 2007 12:28PM

Hey that is a good tip....the standard for true hunger and want is 20 minutes after eating...your stomach will trully be full or still hungry...so that is something to go by as well..thanks for the tip hun
love earthangel
xoxoxooxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 16, 2007 03:35PM

I wish I'd read that tip last night, hee hee, as I wanted more food for several x's 10 minutes, heh!!!

Actually, I did want to stop eating, as it was late enough to, and I would like to work on that a little (not eating real late)

I did have a small orange.

This morning---I feel congested again, tired like I really need more sleep sleep sleep, I feel hot and sweaty again, and have very slight pressure headache.....I think my brain is not happy with what the bloodstream is carrying! Not too savoury (although I thought it all was when I ate it...all the junk food cooked food toxins that I've read are hitching a ride in blood on the way OUT!)

Slept 9 hours last night.
Weigh 178 even. That's 8 pounds in just about as many days.

I have little appetite, just want to sleep. Juicy fruits I want. I want cherries baaaaaad. First ones I see I am buying I don't care how much they cost. I've had cherry visions for about 3 days. When do they appear? Soon?

I'll put them on my Visa, heh heh. Seriously.

Off with my lunch. I'm going to eat oranges first, one after the other.

smiling smiley's to all

Date: May 17, 2007 01:24AM

Cherry visions hehe. I'm sorry you aren't feeling grea.t Prob lots of detox. COngrats on the weight loss. That's so exciting.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 17, 2007 03:27AM

LOL - I love cherries - visons of cherry-plums danced in her head.... LOL

You are doing great - isn't this FUN??? I think so smiling smiley smiling smiley Have a wonderful day !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 17, 2007 03:37AM

Very good day today. When I woke up there was a lot of detox going on again, and it continued for a couple hours and then I felt much better. The detox mode is the early morning hours (starting sometime after midnight I think, and continuing into morning) and my body is sooooo into it lately, now that I am on a raw diet and not consuming 1000's of cooked sugary chocolatey calories at night. My body is kicking up its heels.

No smoothie this morning. Was not too appetitey, feeling not so good. I ate 4 strawberries, 4 oranges. Halfway to work, ate hand full of goji's and raisins.

Salad lunctime: predominantly red bell peppers and celery with bits of lettuce and cucumber...and an avocado & 6 kalamata olives. Vinaigrette type dressing. It was exquitsitely delish!

2 dates at work. Goji's. More goji's and raisins on way home.

Dinner: made a soup--tomato and celery, with 1/4 cup pine nuts, young greens (from pot outside my door), red bell pepper--vitamixed; then, I added tomato chunks and celery slices. Filling.

I will be hungry in awhile...I plan on mushing a banana in a bowl and adding soaked goji's, raisins, and coconut. It is going to be SWEEEE-EEET!

AS soon as I got home I put goji's raisins and coconut in small bowl, covered with water and they soaked up all the water. I added a little more. (water) Tasted...wowie -zowie -sweet. I want it now.

I feel so good. So good. Amazingly well. smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

I just sliced a banana into a bowl, added the soaked fruit...OMG!!!!!
This is my FOREVER DESSERT!!!!!!!! You gotta do this!!!!!!!!!

OMG

Cherries...move over! But, THOUGHT! how heavenly would this be WITH Cherries?

This is good time to say I have not had any cooked food cravings since the grilled cheese episode. I'm counting my blessings.

Happy thoughts to all,
Elakti

Date: May 17, 2007 08:19AM

hey hun...glad you are doing sooo amazing..keep up the good work huN!! glad you are feeling so wondeful and doing so well...cherries are at henry's not sure if they are organic thought..but i saw them there!!! and whole foods as well..and rancho's has them too haha..so look around smiling smiley
well have a great day tomorrow!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 17, 2007 11:44AM

Wow I want to eat like that you're amazing and congrats on no cravings. That gives a litttle hope to us all. Yum yum yum. Have a good one.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 17, 2007 02:50PM

OH - that sounds so good - I had the same thought about cherries when I made a banana ice cream 'sundae' the other day smiling smiley I ran frozen bananas through the juicer, cut up some fresh pineapple on top and sprinkled it with chopped walnuts - and thought a cherry or two would be perfect on top smiling smiley smiling smiley

No more cravings !!! Hoooorrraaayyy !!!!!

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 17, 2007 05:35PM

thurs/ no work today hooray!

I had a perfectly ripe out of this world delicious Galia melon this morning!!!
Now, THAT is FOOD!

Weight: 177.5 --- down a pound and half from yesterday!

My body does this, lose weight so fast on 100% organic rawfood. It goes into serious discard mode and it doesn't care a whit about "calories" or "fat".

The first time around (when I lost total 85 lbs) I was losing from 1/2 to 2 lbs a day. I was pleased as punch coz I started out obese, but I wasn't trying to lose that quickly, I had no say in the matter. I was eating simply---100%---. In fact, I remember one period of heavy consumption of avocados, thick tahini dressing (I called my salads, 'soups', heh), lots of olives, and dates, everyday----it didn't matter. I clearly remember thinking 'oh, I won't be losing so fast now if I am eating like this, but it's ok, I'm more than happy'----and lo & behold---it didn't matter at all. My body was ON A MISSION!

I believe the key was 100% simple raw food---period. It was startling and interesting. Increased fat intake and my body still discarded at the same rate, sometimes faster, during its periods of cleansing. My body's mission simply was not slowed down by any amount of raw organic fat. Fascinating.

It looks like this is happening again. Oh well, I quess I'll just have to live with it....heh heh. (oh, it's so gooooood!) I think the only way to slow this train down would be to eat cooked food, which I'm not going to do. Or, if I need to slow down detox, I will try nuts. I didn't eat nuts the first time around, no yen for them at all. I could eat some now though. I like walnuts, pecans, filberts, macademias (mmmmmm!).

Well, I'll just play it by ear, mouthful by mouthful, day by day.

At this time, I'm happy enough with the weight loss, and the detox schedule I am on is being orchestrated by my body's wisdom. I definitely see the ebb and flow of detox/strengthen, detox/strengthen.

Hallelujah for Renewal of Rawfoodism!

Elakti

Date: May 17, 2007 08:14PM

Here I am again.

I just ate lunch...a delicious delicious salad...
romaine, red bell pepper, purple cabbage, tomatoes, celery, with a teensy bit of red onion and a few raisins (I like the O! Hello! factor in a salad,lol),and a few olives, and covered it all with hemp seeds and had really good dressing...it was so awesome I ate 2 HUGE helpings!

I think today is going to be one of those "HUNGRY days". Whatever...I'm not worrying about it! Just going to enjoy it. smiling smiley

Posted by: noff ()
Date: May 17, 2007 09:33PM

whoo hooo! You're doing awesome, I love reading about it! I'm expecting some tahini in the mail and feel less guilty hearing about people still losing weight while including fats. Good thing because avocados and tahini are so so good. Happy salad munching Elakti smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2007 12:50AM

Congrats. You are doing so well my dear. I want your attitude in fact i think i will steal it if you don't mind and just eat whatever i want to (raw obviously) and stop worrying .I'm so ready for that.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 18, 2007 12:50AM

Same hungry day

5:00 guacamole--whole avocado, 1/4 tomato, some red bell pepper, olive water, 5 diced up big juicy kalamatas. I ate this with a few romaine leaves (open-faced wrap) and celery ribs. Sooooooo goooooooood!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a bottomless pit. A while before this, I ate another 2 bananas and more goji-raisin-coconut mixture.

Now it is 5:30 and I feel hungry. I can't be. It's that 'ole cooked food stomach going through changes.

This afternoon I hit a wall---Bam! Got real cold, got that heavy feeling (legs like cement) and achey, and sooooo tired, just too @#$%& to pop. Nose started running running running. Oh, so lovely to be home: I lay down.

Hi Noff--tahini IS so good. Sometimes I just crave it wildly. Like I said, I make a super thick tahini dressing sometimes and just can hardly get enough of it. My salad swims in it. I'm so into avocados. I think it is usual for new rawbies to eat a lot of them, coming off cooked food. They have substance and that fatty texture. and Tasty!

EA---I am excited to hear you've had cherry sightings, lol! I will only eat them organic...waiting for People's...unless I get to another store but that is unlikely.

Starfruit--Yes, I have no cravings for cooked, or junk food, or chocolate. I am not holding my breath, though, ---- I know they will come. It is unavoidable, I think. I have tons of residue in my tissues. So, I am going to enjoy this phase while it lasts! No cravings, glory be. I'm having a honeymoon with my rawfood right now. So into it, the food is so amazingly delicious. I feel like I am eating real food again, almost like I am experiencing through this enJOYment of it just how 'starved' I am.

I'm literally swooning over the tastes. It is FOOD.

I feel a little better now. Nose has stopped running. But I do feel that heavy relaxed tired feeling like I should sleep for a month.

Date: May 18, 2007 03:45AM

SAME HUNGRY DAY!!!!

I just had 2 large fantastically delicious cherimoyas, just unbelievably delicious!!!!

I am hopeful of going to sleep at 10:00. Ha! We'll see! It is hard to go to sleep early even with this feeling of needing a lot of sleep...

Date: May 18, 2007 04:06AM

Wow - what an incredible day you've had ! So much fun to read about LOL . I love your journal smiling smiley smiling smiley

Foooood, glorious food !!!!

Hope tomorrow is even better for ya smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 18, 2007 05:15AM

Yes, Monark, this is fun. I am so happy to be back on the raw path. Thanks for your comments. I'm rooting for you, too. smiling smiley

I continued...with another banana.

I'm satisfied now and Grey's Anatomy is over and I am mad at it, LOL, and I am going to go to sleep and I hope to sleep 10 hours. Stupid doctors, heh heh.

I need to detox from tv.

g'night.

Date: May 18, 2007 07:58AM

Hey there..yes they have organic cherries at rancho's ...but i guess you don't make it out that way haha....but htey are really good from there!! i had a few today..one of the guys there gave me a few of his...so yummy!!! hmm i wish i could eat whatever i wanted on raw and lose but unfortunately my body doesn't work like that!! glad yours does though and you are doing so well!!
keep it up
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 18, 2007 03:21PM

OH my god I'm so mad at Grey's that sucked sucked sucked. Enjoy your honey moon chica. I'm just starting mine.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Date: May 18, 2007 07:09PM

Yeah, that sucked all right...all of them, bunch of nincompoops. They need to go raw and get away from that allopathic medicine! And I am ready to stop watching it, LOL!!!! Seriously. Modern medieval hoax medicine and whacko people (but I LOVE Sandra Oh's face, what an artpiece!) (BTW, I am addicted to TV, I am ashamed to say.)

This morning I had a couple of bananas and a honey mango.

Some yardwork, housework, and then went shopping at People's. They didn't have the cherimoyas, boo hoo. I got some apricots and cherries (!) which need to sit around for awhile. More bananas, more ripe avocados, big basket of beautiful strawberries, and a few more things.

Home again: I ate a bowl of strawberries with a little goji soak water and some coconut. Very nice. smiling smiley satisfying.

Low energy, weakness, blaaaaah. I didn't go to sleep until 11:30. Too late. I need to sleep more! Tonight----earlier, I swear. (ha) Sleep is very very important (I'm going to get after that Earthangel! working and exercising and carousing about all night!)

Seriously, nothing like sleep---how regenerating it is. And I KNOW I am going through changes and sleep is the body's time of real healing. At this very moment I am so sleepy, tired. I should get in bed and try to nap. I am so glad I am not at work. If I were, I know I'd be saying, 'oh, if I were at home I would go to bed!' So, why don't I?

I want to work in the garden. I have some projects. O *yawn* O O O OOoo!
(Those are yawns, heh heh)

Date: May 19, 2007 04:18AM

Well, I am proud of myself for heeding my signals---I took a nap and slept for 2.5 hrs. Nice. Now, to try to go to sleep earliesh tonight.

I didn't go to the Ranchos potluck...too far away and I didn't feel that swift today. I am a little disappointed though...it would've been fun (if it had been closer) and I would like to meet Earthangel! Another time.

I did get a little energy going late afternoon and do some gardening.

Have eaten well again today, 100% raw---so happy about that. Good salad, twice today. I ate the cherries. Didn't get too many. Now, I need more, heh.

I don't need to eat any more today (it's 9:30), but I feel a little restless for some comfort food...'something'...it feels like I am wishing I could eat something bad....sigh...but I will not. If need be, I have one more cherimoya. Sweet, with its intriguing flavor and texture. I love them.

Should go to bed. If I stop and really examine how I feel.....you guessed it....I'm SLEEPY!!!!

Date: May 19, 2007 03:09PM

Good for you !! Listening to the bod is the way to go smiling smiley smiling smiley Sleep is so wonderful smiling smiley smiling smiley The body can just do what it needs to do without the mind getting in the way LOL LOL smiling smiley Loving this 100% raw challenge smiling smiley smiling smiley WTG, Elakti smiling smiley smiling smiley

Read the fre*e e-book :
[www.mypowermall.com]
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: May 19, 2007 04:33PM

Saturday morning

Went to bed too late (11:30. was watching a cute movie on chan. 309 and I wanted to see the end, could not keep my eyes open, just literally sinking) and woke up early (5:30...full full bladder woke me up) and couldn't go back to sleep.

I did have the cherimoya last night. It was utterly delicious and satisfying and I didn't have any desire for anything else and lost that restlessness for "something"...the cherimoya was IT.

This morning I'v had an orange, then a smoothie with 2 bananas, honey mango (the yellow), and several strawberries. I've worked in garden, planting about 15 of the heirloom tomato plants I started. I sure hope they all make it and do well. A little sunshine would be nice, but we're in May Daze going into June Gloom. Drat.

I had sent an email to Nora, who has the site Rawschool, and I received a return email from her...so glad to hear from her. I had "met" her when I was raw before. She has been raw for several years, is very knowledgeable, and I did have one coaching phone conversation about 3 years ago. She is the one I will get coaching from when the time comes.
Her post name is Rawnora. If you see her posts, pay attention !(just my advice!) I wish I could have coaching now, but it is early days. I'm so running up a visa bill, haven't been working a lot, and I need to fix that...hopefully before any major detox problem arises.

I am getting hungry again. It sure will be nice to get past this stomach situation and hypoglycemic tendency. Soon.

Date: May 19, 2007 09:51PM

Hey hun..my computer skipped over your two posts from yesterday sooo sorry i didn't respon but i didn't see them smiling smiley
well haha you can get after me i am wishing for more sleep!! i am learning it is very important but right now i don't have much time for it haha..but believe me i will be sleeping all week next week haha!!!!and as for you miss cute movie smiling smiley you should sleep earlier..(wait what movie was it?? )

oh my what time were you at people's? i ran in there for a coconut this morning on the way to the beach...and grabbed some blueberries too....maybe i saw you and we just didn't know?!?!?!?!?!

wish you could of made the potluck but you were tired i understand!!! amybe this sunday afternoon at cilantro live!!!
let me know if you are coming my dear!!!!!

have a wonderful afternoon and get some sleep!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 20, 2007 01:13AM

I got good exercise today, gardening for hours.

After 1st gardening session I ate lots strawberries. Soon after that, I had a very good salad---romaine, tomato, olives. After another gardening session, I had a small head of red leaf (from garden) with red bell pepper.

Later I made a fruit salad: honey mango, banana, pear, coconut.

More gardening and chores and I made guacamole and ate wrapped in romaine leaves.

My goodness, what a raw piggy....later I finished the fruit salad. I'm not finished...a couple hours after that I made more guacamole with bell pepper and olives and again ate with romaine leaves.

I'm tired and food satisfied ... for awhile.

This afternoon I was thinking about cooked food, something warm and bready . I think that's what inspired the 2nd quacamole. It is 6 p.m. and I know I will be eating again. I will eat fruit.

I feel a little down. I have to go to work tomorrow, that has some influence. Also, thinking about fact I am starting over with this raw venture. sigh. I'm so glad about that, but it IS starting over. I hope I stick with it this time.

Earthangel, I was in People's yesterday, not today. But, I'm sure we'll meet one of these days!

Yes, I am guilty of not going to bed as early as I would like! Am working on it. I think it might help me with this transition.

Current Page: 3 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables