Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 21 of 23
Re: Renewal of Rawfoodism
Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: October 13, 2008 06:42PM

Elakti, you made my evening and my week...SOOOOO good hearing from you!!! Keep on keeping on, girl!!!

Sundancer, I sorta felt that one coming! Good for you in remaining grounded in your truth; I wish you all the best in whatever your next steps are. And how IS your daughter??? I hope her condition has improved...

Love you both...miss you much! Elakti,stay in touch! Sundancer, if you like - and are able to take advantage of it - our lovely one here has my contact info (including my #) and it's definitely okay for her to share it with you...'k, I'm off this spot again; but I just HAD to come "blow up" the spot!

Love you both!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: October 14, 2008 12:57PM

Yeah -- Elakti, if you wouldn't mind...

Soraya -- glad to hear that you're doing well. We'll miss you here. My daughter is doing well in spite of her illnesses. She is doing what she can. I already have some job leads. I ran into my ex-boss and the chef who quit the same day as I did, and my boss said he wanted to try to get a hold of me, so we'll see. It kind of creeps me out that he let the situation get to the point that it did before attempting to do anything about it. There's more to the story, but I'm waiting for it to play out.

Date: October 18, 2008 10:03PM

Elakti, hope you're doing well!

Sundancer, glad to hear your daughter is doing as well as can be expected. You have job leads already; great! Was concerned about that with you...hope you land something that's a better fit for you soon. I'm good, just been having an allergic reaction / detox situation the past couple of days and am sneezing, etc, like nobody's business! So happy you have your 'farm' and can grow and sell a lot of your food - spent way too much time on here today and saw one of your postings in general area.

As long as I'm here, I'll PM you my contact info. as I see our Lovely hasn't been here for a few days herself; I'm So excited about the prospect of keeping in touch with you both offline! She's wonderful (energy) and I think the same of you... ;}

Elakti, keep sweet and strong, and am hoping to hear from you again soon - would especially love to hear that you are in a better place, workwise, etc, now!

Blessings to you!!!

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: October 24, 2008 05:24PM

Things are not stable but am floating along on faith (not sinking). Eating has taken a low road though.

I read Quantum Eating with some mixed reactions. It is a little wordy with digressions, imo, but the core of raw food, reduced eating, and many hours of fasting (dry) is interesting and I like these as an 'ideal' (how many can do this?). The info on dry fasting is interesting and deserves looking into...but, of course, not at this time! I am so far away from relinguishig such hold onto food, but my gut feeling is that this reduced eating IS ideal for health and energy and makes more sense to me than the tons of food that people can consume eating 80-10-10...I mean, I've read some accounts of absolutely incredible amounts of fruit at one sitting for one meal (maybe they were triathletes or something), like baskets and baskets of berries and more and more and more.....I couldn't even afford that when I had a full time job. And it just doesn't sound right to me. I agree with the principles of 811 though and think it is a marvelous book and now this quantum eating is like a further refinement...as Tonya says, "advanced" rawfood eating. And I plan on doing internet surfing on dry fasting, I'm curious. And perhaps later, when I get my food act more together, I will try a 24 hour dry fast....maybe even start with a few hours only! This I have to see for myself.

Now am beginning day with a green smoothie:

bananas, apple, juice of orange, romaine.

Today begins another Renewal of Rawfoodism. I hope to get to store today: I am nearly out of food. (There is some stuff around here that I am giving away or throwing away in garbage where it belongs).

I am craving grapes. And oranges. Wet sweet fruit. I feel hungry and thirsty.

Soraya, if you see this, expect a call this week-end. Hello hello to anybody else, Sundancer, everyone.

Date: October 25, 2008 03:01AM

I did go to People's Co-op today with a friend. Had lunch...great kale salad and I added salad bar stuff to plate, mostly shredded beets and spinach, a little this and a little that. Very good, I was so hungry and it tasted so good.

I bought several pounds of grapes and a bag of valencias. I feel better now! I bought two kinds. They are so sweet and juicy and flavorful.

Date: October 25, 2008 01:35PM

Hey Elakti --
I'm still lurking around. I've been doing better in general with raw foods -- 70% most days or so. The job situation is still crazy and I am looking for other options because this line of work in general is so dysfunctional and I am sick of selling meat. I want to draw and paint, so I am going to really work hard in the next few weeks to get something going in this area -- or education. I've been working out regularly, so even though this summer was not very healthy as far as the food I have putting into my body, I have still lost a few pounds. I'd like to lose at least 25 more (I have lost 20 this year).
Good to hear from you Elakti!!

Date: October 26, 2008 03:26PM

Eating grapes galore and oranges, some little salad, and a item here and there of non-raw. Still not there. This is so hard. Why can't I get back to it. It amazes me that people can just go raw and 'not look back'. Wow. They're usually younger than me! And, well, they are who they are and I am who I am. There are some non raw foods and tastes that are, for me, well I better not say.....I'll just use the euphemism "comfort foods". They're like drugs, and the consequences are negative. My life is in such flux....

Grapes for breakfast, but I can't seem to eat. I just want to be full, stuffed. I would love a waffle! Haven't had that for ages! I will eat grapes, maybe oranges. I am going to spiritual meeting, and this aftenoon will be moving almost all the rest of my stuff. I will miss the place I am leaving. It was so so good, spacious, quiet, almost perfect living situation. But, now over. Next stage, next set. I think it's all good.

Ok. Need to eat. Ugh. Don't want to eat grapes. I want butter.

I feel so "in between" and I am looking forward to being in one place, settle in...temporarily.

Date: October 26, 2008 04:18PM

I JUST missed you! Drat!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Wish I could give them to you in person...

I think I saw before your saying that you might have to move, and am sad to see that you are going to have to do that after all; but hopefully your move will turn out to be for the better and you do get that perfect living situation! I agree with you...its all good.

You're problably craving what you are because there's so much uncertainty you're feeling right now; just do the best you can...

Sundancer, you too (do the best you can)! That's all we can do, without burying ourselves under unrealistic expectations. Congrats on the weightloss!

I just posted about something I'm dealing with on the main board - Elakti, your Ehret book came to me right in the nick of time as I'm trying to understand what the heck is happening to my body right now...

Much love to you both!

Date: October 27, 2008 05:29PM

Soraya--I've misplaced your phone #, can you PM again? I wanted to call you!

About what is going on with you: I think it sounds great! Look how long now you've been eating well. It sounds very much to me like it is another level of body throwing out mucous and toxins, that's all. I doubt very much that is any "reaction" to a particular food. I'd play by ear, maybe fast for a day or two, or drink a little veg juice or whatever strikes you. Maybe eat grapes! Let it pass. It sounds super. Deeper cleanse of tissues or whatever. Have you had any mucous to speak of lately? No, I doubt it. Now of a sudden, lots of mucous...it didn't come from carrots or beets or lettuce or fruit...let it fly.

I hope you are reading Ehret and getting into it....I appreciate him more and more...no big trips, just simple body physics or bio-nutritional facts, whatever you want to call it. The basics, the what is. It is a little different from nowadays writing, and after reading a couple times and then third and 4th and 5th and more (!) I appreciate it and am more and more astounded at what he figured out by himself. Read and re-read and you'll see what I mean. That book is yours. I had two copies. There are a couple other Ehret books, which I'd read if I were you, and they are quite inexpensive and you might find in used bookstores. I always go back to Ehret. I need to reread right now! I kept a few books (actually, a lot) out of boxes and the Ehret books are definitely just a grab away. (Most of my stuff is in boxes).

Today I DEFINITELY am going to juice. I also kept out some Walker books.

Ok, maybe I'll find your number and give you a call. I hope you are feeling better today. I wouldn't worry, just go through it and expect to feel so incredible when it is over. You're doing great and I am jealous of your perseverance, as I am a bowl of mucousy mush and weak will. I wish I were at your stage.

Gotta go, I'm moving rest of stuff today, walking it down the alley. And must wash little doggie today, and oh, so much to do. I want it Done. And I must do some juicing and eat my grapes and make a salad and dressing and get back to good 'ole basics.

Date: October 28, 2008 12:25PM

Hey girlies!
I have a crap food hangover. I also got my old job back (sort of) minus the management duties (and a lot of money) and I think I took my dissatisfaction out on my diet (NOT live-it) / my body. I hate it when I do this. I'm very dissatisfied in general and have a lot of undoing and redoing to do. Hope you are well.

Date: October 28, 2008 02:29PM

Hi there Sundancer! You're going through some roller coaster, too, eh? I can relate to the frustrations appearing in the diet, me too. I've got to essentially start over also. (with everything!). What flux. And my diet so deteriorated, kind of like the diet I eat when I quit smoking : at this time I am eaing poorly and smoking more than ever.

I'm almost completely moved back to where I was before, and will be spending the night there soon. Perhaps when I am there I will be able to get food back together. What a mess. The mind and its cravings and "comfort" levels (low levels of 'comfort').

Sundancer, take care. Let's get back to good eating. If you pop in before Soraya does, can you pm me her phone number?

Is it preferable though to work there at restaurant MINUS the extra responsiblility (and even money?)? Good luck with however things work out. Look what has happened in my life from quitting my job...but I still don't regret it, that was insufferable and the worst job I ever had. I believe everything happens the way it is meant to. I just wish I could maintain an even keel with my eating and other health matters. This is looking like a fight to the end.

Another day of resolve....but what will my recalcitrant senses dictate? I'm in the quicksand of my old tastes and cravings. It is so DIFFICULT reversing this, sometimes it takes months and months and by that time I add 50 pounds of waste. I've got to turn this around NOW.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 28, 2008 05:44PM

I don't know how I turned around this time, I am on day 4 and doing o.k. but have allowed drinking coffee even though it effects me adversally. I hope that eventually I will wise up on the coffee.

I read lots of books on raw sucesses and how they just glided into eating raw foods but I don't hear of the struggles and the yo yoing that some of us have.

Eating raw foods is almost like converting to a religion, one must be on either one side or the other side of the fence. Back sliders are beaten by their own digestion.

I gained back 20 pounds in only two weeks. Does that tell you how bad I back slid? But in only three days I lost 9 pounds. Most of the weight fluxuations must be water retention.

The reason I ran to the cooked foods was stress in a relationship. In retrospect it was imature on my part and self destructive.

In my opinion though, I think whatever progress you have made in the past is not totally undone by eating cooked foods.

when I started eating raw foods a year ago I was smoking and drinking coffee but eventually I felt a desire to quit smoking because I could feel the smoking drain the life out of my body. I tried useing the gum and was sucessful untill a stress with man/relationship hit me and I ran to the cig and lit it up. I was so pissed to start up again so the next time I quit I replaced the habit with breathing. and reinforce my thinking with positive afermations when I see a smoker. So now when I have a fliting thought of smoking or see a smoker I automatically take a deep breath of air and think of how odd it looks for people to smoke. So far I have been a non smoker for 14 months. I am also grateful that I have more money to buy some raw food. I grew up with smoking parrents I am sure my mother smoked while pregnant with me and they were always smoking around me, so I am sure the nicoteen is deep seated in my system.

I wish you the most strength in getting back to raw.

Date: October 28, 2008 10:46PM

Thanks much, Pampam. Yes, I yo yo. I can relate to your weight fluxuation, I've done the same, lose and gain mucho in short periods of time. That is exactly how I experience the smoking....the drain. Can't/won't stop. I'm almost all moved amd will be spending the night in a night or two.....all stocked with real food, have my juicer and vita mix on counter, everything is set up. I even have a few persimmons. I loved your sentence "backsliders are beaten by their own digestion"!! Keep on, you're doing great.

Date: October 29, 2008 11:55AM

"backsliders are beaten by their own digestion" -- I love that quote too! That has totally been me lately!! I have been starting out right the last couple of days -- a big smoothie or raw soup for breakfast, then the gradual descent into the abyss of veg. SAD food -- by dinner I am shoving anything I can get my hands on into my mouth (fortunately, it is all vegetarian and organic, but hey -- baguette is baguette!) and spend the next 24-48 hours pissing and moaning about how my stomach hurts. So today is a new day and I am going to try again, because I am sick of listening to myself bitch about my self-inflicted misery. Wish me luck, and best of luck to youse.

Date: October 29, 2008 01:42PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Big ol' hugs to my women! Pampam, too!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sundancer, glad to hear that you are employed again - I really hope things work out and that you have a happier time of things this go-around. I think it's very brave of you to go back there, honestly, and you must've had good reason to think it wise to do so.

Elakti, gald to hear your move is progressing well; I hope you are able to find some stability and peace of mind in your new digs. I could kiss you for giving me that Ehret book - it's all I've been reading and re-reading since Friday night, trust me - and to know it's actually mine!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

***Ahem*** Back to somewhat ladylike behavior... ;};};}

I wish I'd read Monarch and Ehret long before now, but no worries...it's all good! Matt's second book and Ehret run along certain currents of thought I've had for a long time as I've been researching nutrition on my own, and resonate with me...

***BTW, I stepped on the scale this morning and saw a weight that I haven't seen in 12 years(!) Holy Cow!!!!!!! A half pound away from my lightest adult weight!***

But weight has been kinda secondary for me. I just want to feel the best that I can, and I'm not the least tempted by anything that I prefer not to eat, now. By the time I ask myself,"And HOW does that make you feel?", it's over, and I'm on to the next thing - beautiful, delicious produce!

We're all changing, growing, and evolving. We're all strong; just look at the various things we have already changed and overcome throughout the years. I know we can continue with strength and integrity in our journey, and we will achieve our goals. I believe in US...I believe in YOU ;} Hold those beautiful heads up, and conquer your world one step, one day at a time...

I love you guys!!! Have a phenomenal day and week! ***Call me if and when you can - LOVE to hear from you!***

Date: October 30, 2008 12:35PM

Well, girls --

I had a tiny bit of a victory yesterday -- I didn't binge and I didn't eat dessert yesterday. I did, however, have a very unhealthy breakfast. Today I had raw soup. I'm looking forward to eating and feeling better.

Soraya -- I LOVE your enthusiasm and encouragement!!! Thanks! I'm glad you're back! And congrats on your weight! I finally hit and passed my pre-pregnancy weight, but that was last week. I'm afraid to weigh myself now. I'll get back to all raw (now) and weigh myself next week.

Elakti -- just eat all the raw food you love first, get really full on that, then maybe you won't have room for cooked. That's what I'm trying. I think I'm going to do a short detox or a fast to jump start my direction. I know that I don't like the symptoms that have returned and don't want the rest of them to come back (like my fat a** -- it's finally a non-embarrassing size! :p)

Pampam -- I'm still (again) drinking coffee, but one cup in the morning, and I have recently switched to half decaf. I'm switching to green tea tomorrow, then wean myself off that (probably switching to warm lemon water with cayenne and MAYBE agave, if I feel like I need the sweetness (I don't sweeten my coffee), incorporating that into my detox).

I'm glad that work is slowing down, and though I miss the money, I don't miss the headache. I miss not being in control, especially when I see so many things going in the opposite direction than what people want and what I was doing. I'm looking forward to the "real" manager coming back from maternity leave, because she's good and we're friends. I'm taking this slowdown in my work as an opportunity to get back into my art. I was painting something (decoratively) yesterday and remembered how much I miss it and how my soul needs it.

Have a great day!!!

Date: November 01, 2008 02:14AM

I'm so tired, finished moving today, and cleaning. I didn't know it would take all day...reminds me of the last part of football game....only 15 minutes left but it takes an hour. (I did take a few time outs). Whew. Eating is still the same mix. Now I am all moved, am sleeping here tonight and waking up fresh tomorrow with a relaxing day ahead of me. And I am well stocked with real food.

I did make veg juice today---hoorrrayy----carrot, celery, cucumber, half apple. It was good. Really picked me up out of a slump. Apparently, it is readily available. Had fruit breakfast. Won't list any other food. ahem.

So, tomorrow...

Very tuckered out. Will come back tomorrow...with good report.

Hello everyone, and good night. smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 01, 2008 04:14AM

i hate moving too Elakti .. sadly ive done more then my fair share in my 40 years

i shoulda been born a gypsy tongue sticking out smiley

keep up the good work love .. you can get to anywhere you want to be !!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 03, 2008 12:33AM

Thanks, JGunn.

I did better today. Good green smoothie with banana, grapes, mango, lettuce and stick of celery. I sure like the taste of celery in fruit smoothies.
Also made a very nice salad for lunch, with some Follow Your Heart dressing to which I added cucumber and dill. Have snacked on grapes, 2 varieties. Am rereading a detective novel by Grafton so far down in the alphabet it is like reading if for first time. Haven't indulged in fiction for awhile. A TV book, I call them. I'm mildly depressed, I think from the book, although it is good. I feel other things tugging at me. I am ignoring this--- this is really the source of my restlessness.

And I am mildly frustrated with the food problem, of changing back to raw...the up and down of it, the lack of bread and butter, and self-dismay at what feels like such awful weakness.

I wish it weren't so difficult for me to do what is right, I'm really good at just rolling downhill.

Date: November 03, 2008 09:18PM

Started out real well with a good fruit smoothie with romaine and celery. Later made carrot/cucumber/celery/parsley juice. Had a good salad. Then I fell in a ditch. Will make more juice soon. I'll just keep on with the raw food, keep walking on and try to fill in the ditches with good nutrients, just keep eating more and more good food.

Date: November 04, 2008 08:16PM

Quickly zipping in with a whole lot of love for my Lovely! Sounds like you had a good day yesterday; keep on keeping on, just do the best you can and be good to yourself!

Sundancer, thanks muchly! You hang in there, too!

Besides the issue that I've just talked about in Kwan's blog, I've been thwacked upside the head again with body issues; after seeing that low weight I know know that subconciously I just about FRE-eaked the hell out!!!! I've been feeling all tense and anxious, and let's not delve into the eating forays I've been on recently - and after all the hard work my body just went through of cleaning all that gook out! Can't tell you how MAD I've been at myself. BUT...

...I took a deep breath this morning and recommited myself to my meditations / chanting, to FEELING my feelings, to eating properly (my version) and to me, period.

Sigh.

Onward ho!!!

Date: November 06, 2008 01:34PM

Onward ho!! I say that now, but I had a birthday party for a friend (not raw foodie) yesterday, and that's all I'm going to say, except that I probably gained five pounds!! BUT today is a new day!!!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 08, 2008 03:37AM

>Onward ho!! I say that now, but I had a birthday party for a friend (not raw foodie) yesterday, and that's all I'm going to say, except that I probably gained five pounds!! BUT today is a new day!!!<

Did we go to a burpday party?!? ;-p I've done that too-- all honest raw foodists will admit to having indulged in the 'forbidden' foods from time to time, except for the ones who are saints or avatars and never do it.

Onward and upward!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 08, 2008 03:42AM

Guys,
I've discovered persimmons! They were always too expensive; found some cheap ones and indulged. OMG!-- so good. Went and bought more of them today.

I think I've been holding myself back from really buying myself enough quantity and variety of fruit; now I'm getting into the swing of it and feeling the abundance: today I bought clementines, persimmons, and kiwis, and a couple days ago I bought a lot of pineapple and cantalaupe. And wouldn't you know it: now that I have plenty in the fridge to eat, the gnawing hunger has disappeared: the mystery deepens!

If we can master the raw food diet, I think we can master anything in life. ;-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 08, 2008 01:56PM

BBuuurrrrpp! Uh -- excuse me. Yesterday was another burpday party -- David's sister is 30. We did much better at this one, though, because his mom is into eating healthy (big salads, lots of fresh veggies, etc.). there was a chocolate cake, though. tongue sticking out smiley At least it was homemade and organic (we don't feed our daughter non organic food).

So for me this week was a little better (other than the parties) -- higher percentage raw, less junk. Lots of sad stuff though: my granddaughter is being diagnosed with cerebral palsy (i knew it and have been on my daughter to have her checked out for two years and this year she finally did), my sister is struggling mightily with addiction to migraine meds, and my older daughter (the mom of my granddaughter) may have cancer again. And my job really sucks.

Date: November 08, 2008 03:01PM

Sundancer,
So sorry to hear about all these things going on in your family! Life is just not fair sometimes, it seems. I hope your job changes and magically becomes more fulfilling for you somehow. Mine just ended for the year-- I have a seasonal job that will start up again next May. So in the meantime I'm looking for work for the winter, or maybe I'll just play music in the subways, sell my CDs and start trying to sell my art and jewelry again.

Hmm... did I just say that?! You guys are having a great effect on me and I seem to be feeling a little more motivated lately.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 08, 2008 04:46PM

Elakti: Where is my Lovely? Thinking good thoughts of you!

Kwan: Hey, there, Beautiful! Way to go, preparing to delve into your artistic endevors again! And aren't persimmons wonderful! Too expensive here yet, so I am waiting with bated breath until the prices come down...they look SO good, though... ;{

Sundancer: So sorry to hear about your sister, grandaughter and daughter - my heart goes out to you. All those stressors can't make dealing with a sucky job any easier, I know. I'm glad that at least you've had some good times / experiences too...

Got to cut out but just wanted to do a drive-by check and spread a 'lil love to my women ;}

Blessings!

Date: November 10, 2008 07:51PM

Thanks all for stopping in while I am a bit AWOL, this time period is still fluxing and flexing. I would like to resume regular appearance---soon? Eating is still 50/50. And it is a Very Good/Very Bad.

Can't linger now...but will say that I am eating persimmons, the Fuju ones and they are very good and really a pleasure. I also use in morning smoothies. Still eating grapes everyday.

I've done some very quick looks around from time to time and see lots of talk of hair loss. I have always had major thick hair, I mean major. I had one big shed around the time of menopause many years ago (early).
But, recently I am having another major shedding...my hair is beginning to feel like "normal" hair, so much thinner (all the hair I shed years ago apparently had grown back by the way). I like it. smiling smiley Anyway, this occurred when my diet changed from high or 100% raw to this 50/50 good-bad-and ugly diet. So my hair loss is the opposite of what everyone else is complaining about. Raw foods not causing this, but the reverse...unless....and we can analyse everything to death. Who knows? May be the stress I am going through, altho I don't feel any. smiling smiley Hee hee. That's drole. I mean, it is a stressful time (no job, no money, security balancing on threads day to day, moving to an interim place, etc) but I feel all right in my consciousness and let it be-it is what it is-ness.

Anyway...hello to you all! I miss joining in. Take good care. See you soon.

I like my new hair.

Elakti

Date: November 13, 2008 02:46AM

Nearly all raw day today. I feel determined. And bloated and yucky. Have gained back about 15 or so pounds. I went shopping the other day and bought good things, including persimmons, sapotes, plums, grapes. Prunes.

This continual yo-yo syndrome. I wish I could stay raw. I'll keep trying. I want to feel better than this.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 13, 2008 02:53AM

lets see a pic of the new hair !! grinning smiley

keep trying you can do it smiling smiley dont make unrealistic expectations of yourself be proud of what you achieve instead of beating yourself over what you dont smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Current Page: 21 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables